PDA

View Full Version : Game genres you like

Intuition
October 10th, 2006, 11:08 AM
What kind of genres do you play most?

Also note the sub-genres you like (if you do specificaly like any)

Action

* Arcade
* Beat 'em up
* First-person shooter
* Action-adventure

Role-playing

* Massively Multiplayer Online Games
* Normal RPGs (Like Final Fantasy or whatever)

Simulation Games

* Simulators (like Flight Simulator)
* God games (like Sims)
* Economic simulation games
* City-building games

Sports

* Racing
* Soccer

Strategy

* Strategy wargames
* Real-time strategy and turn-based strategy games
* Real-time tactical and turn-based tactical games

Other genres not listed above you could like: Adult, Educational, Platform, Puzzel, Stealth

I personally like MMORPGs alot atm, like R.O.S.E Online (http://www.ruff-rose.com) (linked to a private server I play). I also play text-based RPGs, like Dark-Future (http://www.dark-future.org). Other genres I like are Platform and FPS.

Kamui
October 10th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I like:
Role Playing
Action and
Strategy

Intuition
October 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I like:
Role Playing
Action and
Strategy

Cool, don't like strategy that much though, but I do play it once in a while ^^

Auron
October 11th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I like 'em all.

But I like most the RPGs :D

Cherrim
October 11th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I like RPGs. MMORPGs are okay, but I really haven't played very many (just two or three...and I'm very antisocial in new settings online like that, so it wasn't very fun since I was on my own all the time...which completely defeats the point of them XD). So I prefer regular RPGs.

I also like action-adventure, some platformers and...I love puzzle games. =D But I'm not big on strategy and I rarely play sports.

...I also like Sim City 2000. XD;

TRIFORCE89
October 11th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not too diverse.

I enjoy games from the Action, Adventure, and RPG genres 'cause Zelda has covered all three is some shape or form. As well as Platformers (oldschool Mario ftw!), Puzzelers (long live Tetris) , and a few Simulation games (not too much, I've only played Nintendogs, SimCity 4, The Sims, and Zoo Tycoon)

Intuition
October 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I like RPGs. MMORPGs are okay, but I really haven't played very many (just two or three...and I'm very antisocial in new settings online like that, so it wasn't very fun since I was on my own all the time...which completely defeats the point of them XD). So I prefer regular RPGs.
Lol, yeah it's not really smart to play MMORPGs when your thát antisocial.. You won't get very far on most games like that xD

EmeraldSky
October 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I like:

Action (platformers like Mario especially)
Puzzle (particularly Tetris, breakout, and match-3)
RPG (both real-time and turn based)
Sports (racing and golf)

Arcanine
October 12th, 2006, 08:18 PM
1: RPGs (my fav type)
2: Shooters
3: Action/Adventure

Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts!!!! XD

kohei
October 13th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Action, Specifically FPS.

It seems like most PC benchmark stuff goes on in this genre.

Like the evolution of graphics and physics in games.

Cassino
October 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM
my favorite game has always been "Uprising: join or die" made in 1997

hybrid RTS and FPS game where you've got allies, tons of weapons, and there's some other stuff like being freely able to control your base defence turrets (citadel turrets), and a thing i've not seen much in any other games: units blow apart, not just re-sprite or whatever :P

graphics is good for the time it was made, all except the infantry being 2D 'sprite men'

i could go on about it for hours though... and i'm sure you don't want me to do that O.O; but in general i like RTS games

Latios Master
October 21st, 2006, 03:58 PM
I like sports the most, but I also like action and RPGs.

Ullion
October 21st, 2006, 04:20 PM
Lol hard to say.. im not sure what to actually vote under.. anyways.. my kind of games include:
RPG
Strategy (w/o strategy, games are pointless to me, so i consider all games i play strategic, not to mention most RPG's are strategic.)
and sports.. like NBA Live on xbox n stuff... unfortuantely my bro moved away w/ it XD
oh and i like action and sims a bit... don't play sims ALOT

lol to be honest w/ you... there are alot of games i like to play.. XD

pinecone570
October 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM
I like RPs and action games mostly. Ill occaisonally play sports games too.

Forever
October 22nd, 2006, 04:57 AM
I like strategy and games where you have to pile on of teh same thing on top of another I forgot what genre it would be under though..I think puzzle XD..But yeah those are teh most fun to me..

<3 Nica--Those are teh bestz to me

Bippa
October 22nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I LOVE sports games like Madden 07 and such, and I like to play shooters such as Medal of Honor but I still have to buy one of the games. RPGs are cool too.

Bippa

Pikabloo
October 23rd, 2006, 04:50 AM
I like Action-adventure games the most. The most recent game in that genre I played was Okami, and I absolutely love/d it.

But I also like RPGs, Platformers and Strategy games.

Mudkip85
October 23rd, 2006, 07:20 AM
well rpg's are at the top of my favourite list then probably strategy and sports games (well i say sports but i only reall like football ones)

Imagination Ninja
October 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I like : Platformers/adventure(Top favorite. Games like Sonic and Spyro etc)
RPGs
and Beat 'em up .

Tsugaru
October 24th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I still love RPGs,They are awesome games like Grandia 1&2,Enchanted Arms,Draken Gard are all awesome so defently RPG's and then games like DDR

Sammi
October 24th, 2006, 09:46 AM
RPGs, mainly. I love the storylines and battle systems~ 8D
After that... I'd say Action, I guess. XD;; I guess everything else I play would fall under that.

I don't like sports, I'm a little too dumb for strategy, and I'm not much into simulation games. AC:WW seems to be an exception though. o.o;

Samurai X
October 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I totally chose all of those because I like all of those, I love all types of games if they play great. If I hda to pick which one I prefer it would probably be role-playing and action because I prefer those games over others.

miyo
October 27th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Action and RPG just gets me so thrilled when playing the game.. Never liked Strategy though, makes my brain juices evaporate too quickly ><;;

Shadow Forte.EXE
October 31st, 2006, 04:24 PM
I perfer RPG and Action games. Its really fun and awesome XD. But I love RPG games the most. There really fun to play and the story and history is really good

miyo
October 31st, 2006, 09:43 PM
I perfer RPG and Action games. Its really fun and awesome XD. But I love RPG games the most. There really fun to play and the story and history is really good

True.. the story is what that made me first interested in RPGs.. the story behind the game is really an important factor to get fans' attentions =/

Shaydeh
November 1st, 2006, 09:21 PM
Any game that can act as a pasting ingredient in any way, shape or form, and thus has the capabilities of gluing my pear-shaped eyes to the T.V screen (staring profusely as if expecting some sort of gold carrots to pop out and make themselves edible from behind the monitor) for excessive amounts of time all at once. Those are the games that usually mark my interests.

Myesh, indeed, they do, myesh.

Those, my friends, are games.