PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon and how its helped me through this week.

AlexOak
April 21st, 2004, 09:09 AM
Early this week, I found out my dog was dying. because of this, I've been spending alot of time around him. To stop me from thinking about his death (that I think will be today...) I have been watching Pokemon with him, and also I have been playing my pokemon game, nicknaming my growlithe "Dakota". The strange thing is, all week I've had one song stuck in my head- Pikachu's goodbye. It completely describes me and Dakota. I will miss my dog so much, but because of pokemon, he'll never really leave me.

jynx
April 21st, 2004, 10:23 AM
Has it died yet?
If not, since Pokemon is so biological, use Pokemon theory to cure your dog.
Why is it dying?

Evil Togepi
April 21st, 2004, 10:36 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, it's always sad when a pet is ill, but it's lovely your spending a lot of time with him during this time and I'm sure he's grateful for these times watching Pokmon with you ^^
Make sure you take good care of that Growlithe named after your dog on your game ^_^

jynx
April 21st, 2004, 10:39 AM
True, being loving to an animal, especially a sick pet is one of the missions of a real Pokemon trainer.

AlexOak
April 21st, 2004, 12:02 PM
For all of you who gave me those words of sympathy and help, thank you. My dog has just been put to sleep. I'm at home because I couldnt stand to be there. I said goodbye to him earlier. The house will be so lonely without him, but I'm sure gonna train that growlithe of mine to be the strongest it can be. I owe Dakota (my dog) that.

Ryoutarou
April 21st, 2004, 12:28 PM
Man that's sad....at least you werent there i was there once and it's awfull watching it...it's worse when you have to do it yourself....

jynx
April 22nd, 2004, 01:41 AM
Awwww...how sad...
Are you getting a nes one though?

Pogiforce-14
April 22nd, 2004, 02:14 AM
I know what it's like to lose a dog too. I had a small black puppy we'd named "Black Beauty". It got osme sort of weird disease that got so bad to the point where it couldn't even move. I was in school when they put it to sleep. LIfe isn't fair.

Imakuni?
April 22nd, 2004, 03:19 AM
thats soo sad. take good care of your growlithe... take care of your self too

jynx
April 22nd, 2004, 11:35 AM
Ya...
Don't get too into Pokemon that you don't care about your body

Phoenix Boy
April 22nd, 2004, 11:39 AM
Ahh your poor dog =( . This boy in my class has a snake witch fancies TRs eakes/ Arbok he cant bring him self to say that arbok has left . so it effects snakes too

DarkMage31
April 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM
When I first read the title of the post, my initial reaction was, "Great, another obsession case." After having read your story, I am deeply touched. I feel awefully sorry for Dakota and I'm glad you've found a way to pull through. That's the most important thing.

Just one question- will you let the Growlithe evolve?