PDA

View Full Version : help please

pikagrrl
September 24th, 2003, 02:30 PM
How do you beat your rival on pokemon ruby if u start out as a mudkip?

Kairi
September 24th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Well, they key for almost any in-game battle is to level up your Pokmon higher than their's, and carry some good items. Which battle in particular are you having difficulty with? How many badges/how far in the game are you?

Frostweaver
September 24th, 2003, 02:43 PM
-you can try using other pokemon against Treecko/Grovyle (it'll never be a Sceptile sadly...)

-level up (usually that's the problem... too low level)

-stock up on revives, and other potions

-only the last time you fight the rival will s/he have Leaf Blade. All the other time it's absorb all the way... (absorb is a very weak move...)

treekomaster
September 24th, 2003, 02:57 PM
If your mudkip evolved into a Mashtomp, then you'll have a doubleweakness to grass types. teach mashtomp or mudkip TM 13 (ice beam). Ice beam can be found on the abandoned ship in between Dewford and slateport. or you can buy it inthe Maulville cassino.

Rift
September 24th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I think Pikagrrl is having problems at the first battle cause if its later you dont have to use your Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert My advice is to use a Numel or Torkal, or some other fire type you can get earlier in the game! If you mean the first battle against your Rival you should stay in the grass and battle wild Pokemon and trainers until Mudkips at a decent level! I hope that helped!

Rayquaza
September 25th, 2003, 08:10 AM
stronmg moveset and level up, and ofcourse some nice items with you..:D

pikagrrl
September 25th, 2003, 10:49 AM
I have a marshtomp and aborb <i>is</s> very powerfull!!

chriooman
September 26th, 2003, 06:39 PM
I have a marshtomp and aborb <i>is</s> very powerfull!!

i got blaziken, and i cant beat the pokemon leage, it is powerfull but the bad thing is its only level 47

G-LANCE
September 26th, 2003, 06:42 PM
my advice for chiroo is to get your team at lv 60, at least!
and as for pikagirl, try using a flying type against grovile

chriooman
September 26th, 2003, 06:54 PM
how should i get to level 60

chriooman
September 26th, 2003, 06:59 PM
i have no idea where should i train

Kairi
September 26th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Don't post twice in a row please, it's called double posting.

You can try around Victory Road, it takes a while but there aren't too many alternatives...

chriooman
September 26th, 2003, 07:00 PM
i have no idea where should i train,well i have kadabra thats 43

chriooman
September 26th, 2003, 07:03 PM
y cant i talk twice in a row

Timbjerr
September 26th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Chirooman.it's called "double-posting" and it isn't looked good upon in this forum...If you have to double post, you can instead edit your previous post...

Arcanine
September 26th, 2003, 07:08 PM
chriooman do not double post, if a Moderator tells you not to then you dont.

chriooman
September 26th, 2003, 07:12 PM
if a Moderator tells you not to then you dont what that mean

Kairi
September 26th, 2003, 07:16 PM
It means I am in charge of this forum, I help keep it clean and good. I have asked you not to post twice in a row, please respect that.

Arcanine
September 26th, 2003, 07:18 PM
if a Moderator tells you not to then you dont what that mean
And you didnt have just one Moderator tell you that you three (2 Mods and one S-Mod).

Rift
September 27th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Boy, Chirooman is gonna be in deep trouble! he keeps backmouthing you three!

Frostweaver
September 27th, 2003, 05:52 PM
k he is just new give him a break...

i do not suggest teaching it ice beam. It's rather a waste of money to me... Swampert is wasting EV, money and an attack slot to use ice beam. Put EV is attack and sp.def, and just stick in mirror coat (if you don't want curse+earthquake combo.) Since it's just a computer, it cannot resist but to unleash its grass attack (leafblade/absorb) against you. As long as you survive, the opponent will be KO by mirror coat. Just use rest afterward to regain all needed hp.

Or simply level up. It's fun using a modest Sceptile to quick attack Combusken to death ^_^

Rift
September 27th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Ok, iv got a question! what does a Pokemons Personallity(like, Modest, Naughty, Hasty, ect...) have to do with anything, iv always wanted to know!

Kairi
September 27th, 2003, 08:59 PM
It changes their Pokblock preference as well as modifying their stats. All personalities except neutral ones up a stat by 10%, and lower a different one by 10%.

Rift
September 29th, 2003, 03:31 PM
hhmmm...interesting! that's a cool thing they added to R/S! my Combuskens lonely!

Frostweaver
September 29th, 2003, 08:24 PM
lonely- Attack goes up by 10% while physical defense drops by 10%. I don't know about the berries as i never pay much attnetion to it...

Kairi
September 29th, 2003, 08:35 PM
http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Pokemon%20Personalites.txt

A nice chart on my webspace for the personalities, including berry preferences.

Rift
September 30th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Taht little charts gonna be real helpful! thanks Kairi!