PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Legendaries!

Sumshine 904
October 22nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Seriousely, there's just to many legendaries in Pokemon games now. First it was three, then four... Now it's like five or six in each game. The fun with legendaries in a Pokemon game is that there's SUPPOSED to be atleast one or maybe two. If there's ten legendaries in a game that would take all the fun out of it. Anybody agree?

Captain Arcane
October 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Arrrrrrr, I'd hav ta disagree with you there. Each region has different legendaries. But from daimond and pearl im wondering what story is behind the new regi pokemon.

Cassino
October 22nd, 2006, 12:54 PM
i think you're right Sumshine, the number of legendaries slowly increases each game generation :paranoid:

Captain Arcane
October 22nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
well of course the number of legendaries increases each generation. Each pokemon generations legendaries contribute a piece to the puzzle of the question, what and how pokemon came to be.
But sadly to say, this new generation may be the last, seeing that they have created Arususis, the creator pokemon or creation, either one.

Forever
October 22nd, 2006, 03:32 PM
If they only had a few legendaries it would make sence. For example if you only liked legendaries you would have many favourite Pokemon. So yeah I would have to agree with Sumshine 904.

<3 Nica--Ish very agreeable

mrplanters
October 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
I can agree and disagree with this topic. I like legendary pokemon they're great. But now there are so many that the only way you can get some of them is nintendo events i mean i like pokemon but i'm not willing to pay that much money for one pokemon.

Astinus
October 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
There are too many Greek gods as well. I mean, do we honestly need them all?

Each Legendary fills a seperate role. While some seem to be repeats, as Diaruga and Celebi for example, each one is different. Diaruga controls time, Celebi travels through it. One meddles in human affairs, the other doesn't.

This is all from a mythological sense.

In accordance with the games though, there was too many legendaries for Hoenn.

Kanto - 5
Johto - 6
Hoenn - 10

I don't know about the ratio in D/P. Heck, most thought that Lucario is a legendary!

miyo
October 24th, 2006, 05:46 AM
I don't mind having so many legendaries.. it works fine for me as long as the stories behind them are interesting and befitting of a legend..

Tsugaru
October 24th, 2006, 07:34 PM
I disagree with you there,It makes the game more interesting imo,There is more to do and find and adds more to the story line of the game

So I guess I like it

shirokiryuu
October 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I agree with Shinou Pearl, trying to obtain legendaries makes the game more interesting and gives the games some story. Like trying to get through mazes of caves and solving puzzles, makes it more interesting than just searching in the grass.

Arcanine
October 24th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Legendaries rule!!!!111!!!!!!11111111111
XD

I don't see anything wrong with legendaries, they make the game just that much longer. And to me the longer the game is the better. If I have to go around doing this and that to get to a Pokemon then it's better. Because once I beat the game all that's left is leveling up to 100 for my team and getting the PokeDex done. Not all that fun to me.

miyo
October 24th, 2006, 10:10 PM
I agree with Shinou Pearl, trying to obtain legendaries makes the game more interesting and gives the games some story. Like trying to get through mazes of caves and solving puzzles, makes it more interesting than just searching in the grass.

Yup.. I agree with you.. besides, it's not as if the legendaries were sooooo easy to capture. It takes skill, time and effort to capture a legendary, hence making the game more interesting.. Well, from my own experience, I had a really really hard time capturing the legendary regis.. They're just so different from the normal pokemon that you'd find in grasses or caves.. that's what makes legendaries so unique ;)

Gama85
October 25th, 2006, 06:57 AM
In accordance with the games though, there was too many legendaries for Hoenn.

Kanto - 5
Johto - 6
Hoenn - 10

Hoenn has 10 legendaries? I know the 3 Regis, Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon. Who are the other 4?

Sammi
October 25th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Hoenn has 10 legendaries? I know the 3 Regis, Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon. Who are the other 4?

Latios, Latias, Jirachi, and Deoxys.

I don't think it matters how many legendaries are in a generation. So what if there's too many? Does it really effect your game exprience? It doesn't for me, at least. :/

Virtual Headache
October 25th, 2006, 07:15 AM
I agree with you.
I think there are too many right now.
They kind of stopped being something special now there are that many of them...

miyo
October 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I think they still preserve their 'special-ness' despite their numbers.. every legendary has their own unique story behind them.. they're still special imo..

Cassino
October 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM
the number of legendaries slowly increases each game generation :paranoid:

captain arcane, by this i mean they have something like; 4 in the first generation, those 4 and another 6 in the next, and those 10 and another 10 in the next. they add more with each one O.O;

Captain Arcane
October 27th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Latios, Latias, Jirachi, and Deoxys.

I don't think it matters how many legendaries are in a generation. So what if there's too many? Does it really effect your game exprience? It doesn't for me, at least. :/

Thats true, in my opinion, the more legendaries the merrierer. For me it widens me imagination about the pokemon world.

miyo
October 27th, 2006, 06:29 PM
yup.. the more the merrier.. I mean, what's Pokemon without more Pokemon? xD I'd say bring it on!! more more more!!

Captain Arcane
October 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Yep, no matter how big the challenge, I can take it all on head first.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY POKEMON, WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Natsuki
October 27th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I agree with Hanako Tabris. *was going to use the Greek/Roman Gods and Goddesses reference* In cultures that believe in polytheism (belief in more than one god), each god or goddess has a role that serves the people who believe in them as well as nature and the world around them. Such as Ares being the Greek god of war and Poseidon the Greek god of the sea. As Hanako Tabris mentioned already, each legendary Pokemon has some specific power or element or something that it controls or "rules" over.

As for the games, I don't mind the number of legendaries there are now. I mean, I have yet to think there are "too many," but that's just me. Besides, unless you go to events and get e-reader cards and tickets or whatever, you can usually only get one or two of the total legendaries per region anyway.

~Kelsey

asmir
October 28th, 2006, 11:45 PM
do somebody nows a game pokemon legends

Flame Claw
October 29th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Since there are so many ledgendaries people are ot as eager to catch them. When there were only 4 ledgendaries (R/B/Y) it was really exiting catching a ledgendary Pokémon. But now that it's something that happens all the time, there's not so much exitement involved.

miyo
October 29th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Yep, no matter how big the challenge, I can take it all on head first.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY POKEMON, WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Hi-5 Captain!! Aye~~ great minds think alike!
Lols :P

Astinus
October 29th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Since there are so many ledgendaries people are ot as eager to catch them. When there were only 4 ledgendaries (R/B/Y) it was really exiting catching a ledgendary Pokémon. But now that it's something that happens all the time, there's not so much exitement involved.
Unless it is one of those exclusive Legendary Pokémon that you can only get from events. The line to download Celebi at my local JAA was long, and everyone wanted one.

Though the amount of Legendaries is rising, the excitment of catching them remains the same. Nintendo and Game Freak had that planned out well when they had the "event" Pokémon.

Midnight_Dragon249
October 29th, 2006, 04:36 PM

In the latest games, catching a legendary is almost unavoidable. And since you're practically given a masterball, it's really easy to do. But catching the legendary trios, (that is correct grammar usuage there, thank you very much) Rayquaza, Lati@s, and Mewtwo are somewhat difficult, and is very rewarding when you do catch 'em. Heck, when I catch one of them, I jump up and start screaming like a moron with joy. But the event Pokes are just...unfair. I can't even drive and my parents are really busy most of the time. So if there's an event in Dallas/Ft. Worth (Big cities near me) and my parents are busy, I can't go to it. It really sucks. Anyways, I think that more legendaries make the game longer, more interesting, and it adds more of a strategy to battles.

Captain Arcane
October 29th, 2006, 04:43 PM
In the latest games, catching a legendary is almost unavoidable. And since you're practically given a masterball, it's really easy to do. But catching the legendary trios, (that is correct grammar usuage there, thank you very much) Rayquaza, Lati@s, and Mewtwo are somewhat difficult, and is very rewarding when you do catch 'em. Heck, when I catch one of them, I jump up and start screaming like a moron with joy. But the event Pokes are just...unfair. I can't even drive and my parents are really busy most of the time. So if there's an event in Dallas/Ft. Worth (Big cities near me) and my parents are busy, I can't go to it. It really sucks. Anyways, I think that more legendaries make the game longer, more interesting, and it adds more of a strategy to battles.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, yes.
The events are quite unfair, so to speak. I hope with Pokemon D&P, the events are transfered over Wifi, but that can still make it unfair for people that down have wifi connection. But before we go way off topic, lets stop there.

MegaDitto
October 29th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I find the number well. I don't think there are too many.=/

Diamond and Pearl - 13

14 if you include Fione. Which really shouldn't be considered one. =/

lt.bob
October 29th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I think there are too many also. Another thing is that most Legendaries are easy to catch.

miyo
October 29th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Unless it is one of those exclusive Legendary Pokémon that you can only get from events. The line to download Celebi at my local JAA was long, and everyone wanted one.

Though the amount of Legendaries is rising, the excitment of catching them remains the same. Nintendo and Game Freak had that planned out well when they had the "event" Pokémon.

Yup, it's true. The excitement is still there. I tried catching Regice last night and I was equally thrilled (frustrating as well...)!! Well, but I still gave up catching the legendary.. I wasted too many Great/Ultra Balls.. and it was really time for bed ><;;

CHaRiSMa
October 30th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I don't mind having so many legendaries.. it works fine for me as long as the stories behind them are interesting and befitting of a legend..

I just hope it reamins like this and they don't start creating corny, unoriginal legendaries.

Professor Pine
October 30th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I don't mind as long as they have a story behind them.

Fione is not a ledgedary as you can get more than one.

miyo
October 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Yup.. the story behind them is very important.. it's like the deciding factor as to whether the legendary would be.. uh.. accepted/liked? =/

Chibi_Pikachu
October 31st, 2006, 01:04 AM
I think having more lengendaries is better because you have a challenge when battling them...

Charaxes
November 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM
Surprised no one brought this up, but I never cared for the game mechanics with the Legendaries as they had the better stats and the majority could endure a long game while most of the non-Legendaries couldn't always. Granted, the game has improved in this area (like Colosseum's penalty of them in their Prime Cup version -- I think, but don't specifically which Cup it is), but a lot of people do use a Legendary with their game as a safety net as most of the regulars can't usually compare with those type of stats. I say usually as the non-Legs can be achieve similiar stats from time to time. Then, you get the event ones and who has the time and money to deal with that?

Sub-sub note: Although Serebii.net is reporting that you can catch Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys on the US version of Ranger under certain conditions and without going to an event. Why didn't they do this sooner?

Edit: Apparently, Serebii was wrong about snagging Manaphy in the game. Oops. Sorry about that.

Anyway, moving on.

Shaydeh
November 1st, 2006, 08:39 PM
Legendaries are the toppings to the otherwise plain slices of pizza called Pokémon that some of us devour so feverously in our free time that our lower openings could recite a series of stench filled ‘burps’ that smell suspiciously of the cheese in question~

Let us not concern ourselves with such matters. The more the merrier, myesh?

So just eat.

miyo
November 2nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Definitely the more the merrier!! xD
Well, I suppose the producers have so far been doing a good job in coming up with unique storylines for every legendary.. so, let us all, loyal Pokemon fans, have faith in them ya =)

Mudkip85
November 4th, 2006, 01:07 AM
i think the number of legendaries was fine up until the hoenn region, at this point they went a bit crazy in the development of new legendaries as there was about 9 or ten and with the new adittions of legendaries in D and P i think that they have gone too far.

miyo
November 4th, 2006, 05:59 AM
were there as much as 9 or 10 of them? o.O

Astinus
November 4th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Forums ate my post...

-

There are ten Legendaries that were introduced in Hoenn. Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys.

-

I say usually as the non-Legs can be achieve similiar stats from time to time.
Slaking being on the same stat tier as Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, and Lugia? Which is why Slaking as Traunt as its ability...

Charaxes
November 4th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Until there is a Fighting Legendary to counter Slaking, but no, I meant like raising them to Level 100 and compare the stats. Actually, now that I think about it, we don't have the rest-of-the-types Legendaries: Fighting, Ghost, Bug, Poison, Normal, Dark Legendaries, unless D/P has offered them?

Digressing but still, that's bit of an omission.

Astinus
November 4th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, we don't have the rest-of-the-types Legendaries: Fighting, Ghost, Bug, Poison, Normal, Dark Legendaries, unless D/P has offered them?
Apparently, the idea is that Aruseus and its plates are supposed to cover that. With those plates, you can indeed have a legendary Fighting/Ghost/Dark/Poison/etcetra... Shame that there wasn't legendaries that was just those types, and didn't have plates to determine the typing.