PDA

View Full Version : Popularity

Dizzy
September 6th, 2003, 02:31 PM
What do you think about popularity

I think its important to have a name for your self that isnt in the under class

Haruka
September 6th, 2003, 03:29 PM
I'm soooo unpopular in school beacuse... hmmm. I get very good grades in school and also I dress too good... (like wearing a normal skirt and shirt)

Frostweaver
September 6th, 2003, 03:31 PM
popularity + frostweaver = not compatible

i'm unpopular, and i hope that it'll remain that way.

Dizzy
September 6th, 2003, 03:33 PM
popularity + dizzy = 100%%%%%%

i like bein popular i have no problems with it , its fun , escpecially with upperclassmen , and with fashion it just makes me look better ^^ , but just dont hate me please

22sa
September 6th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Popularity is class indeed,
but like frosty, I'm not compatible with it.:p

Cherrim
September 6th, 2003, 04:19 PM
@_@ I'd rather be shunned all the way through high school rather than be "in" with the popular girls.

Blech. I can't stand them at my school. ~_~ They aren't that bad yet, since everyone is still adjusting, but uggggggggh. They were terrible at my old school if you got in their way. So I can't imagine they'd be any better at my new school. I like being alone, too. So nyeh.

PokeTrainerCarol
September 6th, 2003, 04:35 PM

Same here!

Popularity sickens me, kinda'. The popular people are always the most...STUPID. Not you bishounenboi! I just say that from past experiences >_> don't know about you! I rather be alone...ALONE, everywhere, dressed properly, and getting good grades ^-^ I've survived that way 4 years already, and it's still that way...now!

trust me though I could get popularity if I was insane and actually wanted it...I'm a nice an agreeable person. I just don't show it. But could you see I'm not lying...? I also have many different abilities (that eventually don't match together!) :)

P.S.[size=5]No offence Dizzy![size] o_o

Timbjerr
September 6th, 2003, 04:37 PM
I am somewhat popular at my school...I think I only attained it from being one of the smartest kids in my class tho...I also hang out with alot of popular people, so I think that's what got me into the in crowd.

I don't see why some people dispise being popular...I hear people tell me it is because that most of them are snobby and stuck-up and I tell them in popularity's defense that if you were to instantly become popular, you really wouldn't become snobby at all, would you?

Miyu-chan
September 6th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I agree with tmbjr... Anyone seen Harry Potter 5? I just hated the way James bullied Snape just because he was popular (James)... ._.

22sa
September 6th, 2003, 10:56 PM
I am somewhat popular at my school...I think I only attained it from being one of the smartest kids in my class tho...I also hang out with alot of popular people, so I think that's what got me into the in crowd.

I don't see why some people dispise being popular...I hear people tell me it is because that most of them are snobby and stuck-up and I tell them in popularity's defense that if you were to instantly become popular, you really wouldn't become snobby at all, would you?
Exactly!

Also, I think you either get popular by making friends or making war.:cool:

A great example on forums is Syrus, he went around and made friends with everyone.

Frostweaver
September 6th, 2003, 11:41 PM
just cause i hate "popularity" that doesn't mean i hate a specific "popular person." So i wont' hold a grudge on you dizzy for nothing (unless you start acting like the stereotypically popular people)

Haruka
September 7th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Alyssa and Popularity isnt compatable togeter

It's fine being unpopular, but hmmmmm. I just want to enjoy my life like it is and don't make any of my friends or anymore mad... or get into a war of popularity.

Kairi
September 7th, 2003, 06:20 AM
I'm pretty neutral on it. I don't mind if I am or not, it won't really effect the way I interact with people.

I don't seek it out however.

Dizzy
September 7th, 2003, 08:13 AM
whaddaya mean if i act like a stereotypical popular kid?? I get good grades im in concentrated class , im not like a freekin loser football player , just cuz im popular doesnt mean any1 here has to hate me

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
September 7th, 2003, 10:05 AM
I'mn really don't think it's important to be popular in school, but to get good grades and make memories with the friends you have. I don't know if the people at my middle school think I'm popular,because I don't hang with them anymore. I hang with different kids in my team.

PokeTrainerCarol
September 7th, 2003, 02:44 PM
I agree with -

frostweaver
Haruka
Kairi
^^NICK^^ v.2.0.

^_^ I don't have anything against popularity. It's just something not made for me o_o ^_^

Frostweaver
September 7th, 2003, 03:39 PM
I agree with -

frostweaver
Haruka
Kairi
^^NICK^^ v.2.0.

^_^ I don't have anything against popularity. It's just something not made for me o_o ^_^

lol... as if PC is made out of a group of outcasts in real life and these outcasts have decide to unite together and form a group of their own...

22sa
September 7th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Alyssa and Popularity isnt compatable togeter

It's fine being unpopular, but hmmmmm. I just want to enjoy my life like it is and don't make any of my friends or anymore mad... or get into a war of popularity.
That sounds good and all but I found that somewhat hypocritical coming from you (no offense).:\

Frostweaver
September 7th, 2003, 04:38 PM
actually that's what i felt too but i didnt' say anything about it... it's too hard to believe that someone who's so popular in PC isn't popular at least one bit in RL?

Cherrim
September 7th, 2003, 04:45 PM
:o It's easier to get popular online than offline because you really CAN be yourself without fear of judgement. Well, not the same judgement anyway. It's easy to make fun of people for their interests and whatnot in real life, but you can hang out with only people who share your common interest online.

Like us. We're all at a Pokemon board, right? ^_^

Dizzy
September 7th, 2003, 04:55 PM
but im popular in real life , i wanna b popular at PC , im justa lil fishy no1 notices

Frostweaver
September 7th, 2003, 05:07 PM
:o It's easier to get popular online than offline because you really CAN be yourself without fear of judgement. Well, not the same judgement anyway. It's easy to make fun of people for their interests and whatnot in real life, but you can hang out with only people who share your common interest online.

so true... so true. However there's also a type of enemies that'll exist online only and not offline.

SPAMMERS. In the offline world a SPAMMER will eventually get beaten up by someone cause s/he is irritating... in the online world (my world) you can't do much about it. Ban their account, they start a new one. Ban their id address, they can magically get a new one.

And why would u consider yourself as a little fishie in PC dizzy... You're the posting machine jr. (2nd top poster in PC, lost to 22sa) and of course we know you well...

Dizzy
September 7th, 2003, 05:27 PM
im still just a little fishie who no 1 notices .........................

22sa
September 7th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Just wondering Dizzy, is there a specific person here you wanted to say they care about you?

Anyway, I care about you!:):p
actually that's what i felt too but i didnt' say anything about it... it's too hard to believe that someone who's so popular in PC isn't popular at least one bit in RL?
Me however, I wasn't relating to her "I have no popularity IRL." I was relating to her past actions online...

I'm not one bit popular in RL either! And yes I have my reasons...

Kenta
September 7th, 2003, 07:44 PM
popularity is good to an extent

as long as it doesn't make you a bad person in the eyes of others

Hazuki-san
September 7th, 2003, 08:51 PM
I'm not really that popular anywhere, I hope I don't get noticed a lot in real life, I would be too shy

Haruka
September 8th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Popularity can't get you a job in the business world. Do you think a company will hire you because you are popular in High school or grade school. The answer is no. They are looking for your skills. What you know and stuff. Popularity is nothing. Just attention.. No offence.

Dizzy
September 8th, 2003, 12:26 PM
im not one of those stereotypical kids , just because im popular doesnt mean im an idiot

Kairi
September 8th, 2003, 01:39 PM
We're not populists, we like you exactly the same, popular or not. It's not bad to be popular, and it's not bad to not be.

22sa
September 8th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Popularity can't get you a job in the business world. Do you think a company will hire you because you are popular in High school or grade school. The answer is no. They are looking for your skills. What you know and stuff. Popularity is nothing. Just attention.. No offence.
True, but only to an extent that you won't be on top anymore once you switch schools.

You can learn a lot from being popular and that's depending on if you're going to use it to lead a good public life or not.

Frostweaver
September 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM
at the same time, you can learn a lot from being UNpopular... after years of training i've learn to be completely immune to whatever type of insults ^_^

22sa
September 8th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I don't get insulted a lot but I wouldn't care if someone insults me, it's there lose... (So yah, I've sort of became immune too:D)

Dizzy
September 8th, 2003, 05:19 PM
22sa im on ur side , u can learn alot of things from being popular

Pezz
September 10th, 2003, 11:31 AM
There's a difference between having a lot of different people like you and being "popular." Most of the popular people are snobs who are selfish, shallow, conceited and ejoy putting others down. They are only popular and liked by others because of their looks and/or money. I would rather have people like me for me, and not try so hard to fit in with the popular crowd and make my own friends, not become a slave to conformity and back-stabbing. I used to sit by a bunch of "popular" people. It was ridiculous. They always get in fights and it's like you don't have any true friends.

Of course, there's also people who are popular, what the word reall means. That a lot of people like you. These are usually the people who are in sports, do well in school, are involved in many clubs or just plain nice people. They are usually good people.

Of course, the above is just me and the people I know's expereinces, it may be different where you live.

Dizzy
September 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
There's a difference between having a lot of different people like you and being "popular." Most of the popular people are snobs who are selfish, shallow, conceited and ejoy putting others down. They are only popular and liked by others because of their looks and/or money. I would rather have people like me for me, and not try so hard to fit in with the popular crowd and make my own friends, not become a slave to conformity and back-stabbing. I used to sit by a bunch of "popular" people. It was ridiculous. They always get in fights and it's like you don't have any true friends.

Of course, there's also people who are popular, what the word reall means. That a lot of people like you. These are usually the people who are in sports, do well in school, are involved in many clubs or just plain nice people. They are usually good people.

Of course, the above is just me and the people I know's expereinces, it may be different where you live.

im not like that though ,no1 is except for those damm preppy gold housers

Kyosuke
September 10th, 2003, 05:47 PM
In high school popularity can be important, if you don't want to feel like a loner. Like at lunch time, when people are sitting down eating, and you might feel like the only person sitting alone. And also being popular also means you have people to help you out if you really need it.

But since I moved from my friends in the summer, and just started highschool, I just bring my cd player and a magazine to read to occupy myself during lunch.

Dizzy
September 10th, 2003, 05:57 PM
i like to go outside sometimes , im a really social person so im on the debate team ....... but popularity can be important

sometimes if your in deep trouble at least you know that you can be backed up w/ support from ur budz and neva worry

John Denver
September 10th, 2003, 05:57 PM
I'm not a huge popular guy at my school, sure everyone KNOWS who I am and all...but that's not a reason for populairty and crap like that...I haet preppies..ack

BOO ya!

Dizzy
September 10th, 2003, 06:00 PM
my house is supreme trendsetter house , gold house is prep , blue is gangsta , and green is diverse

Dizzy
October 4th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Again , Sorry for Double Posting

Um what kind of popularity groups do you see at your school?

Kayleigh
October 4th, 2003, 03:13 PM
I had a lot of friends in my old school, (Before I became homeschooled) but it was only because I was nice to everyone. I'd rather be popular because of my personality rather than how much money I have, what I wear, etc. I don't think I'd be as popular now though, because I'm so shy. ^_^;

Dizzy
October 4th, 2003, 03:15 PM
to tell you the truth im not rich either , im only popular because i know everyone and im nice to them , i have money to buy clothes but i wont spend it on crap liek drugs and alchoal like other popular idiots ( stupid blue houseers!)

TrinityX
October 4th, 2003, 03:58 PM
im kinda "popular" its kinda anoying ..

.. everybody around me all the time etc.

its realy irritating :p

DragonTrainer
October 4th, 2003, 04:46 PM
If you guys hate preps, then you hate me.Yeah, I'm a popular, preppy guy in school.I'm not rich, don't have awesome stuff, but guess what?I'm popular.No, I'm not one of those guys who beats up others or makes fun of them.None of my friends are.I guess I just got popular from being funny, and nice to all.

Dizzy
October 4th, 2003, 07:44 PM
i dont hate preps , how could i? i am a prep , im like one of the many hispanic preps in tan house. but im nice , and im popular , well ive been popular for liek ever , me and my friends ( the group of 7 ) we've been poular since the 3rd grade , and now that were all split up into different houses , we found different groups , some are in my house , some arent , but we all hang out at lunch , maybe in the senior lounge if we get in. maybe at green or gold house... it doesnt matter , i get good grades , have good friends , even got this girls number at my friends party^^ , im popular preppy and nice .

oni flygon
October 4th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Popularity and me don't fit. Especially here. I'm always left out u.u

Miyu-chan
October 5th, 2003, 01:13 AM
*pats oni flygon* Awww...don't feel bad, I used to feel like that when I first joined the old PC... T.T And you were like a shining person surrounded with friends... -_-;; and I was just a shadow. >.>

Keitaro
October 5th, 2003, 02:55 AM

(Everything I respond too states irl & cpu so that means PC is no exception)
I can't agree with that fully, I seem to have more friends in real life then I do in online for the fact that it's so hard to get attention with just typing a few words that can be ignored so easily compared to a voice and seeing how the person doesn't know nothing about you, it becomes very easy for another to judge. I've been judged so many times on the net that I can't keep track. But like I said that I can't agree with it fully but I didn't say that it is easier to make friends IRL because they're still so many people in the world who only see whats on the outside.

I've always been the more high rankings of other people probably because of my looks which I still don't understand why that has to do anything with who I am, but I've always hanged out with the lower crowd irl it seems although I've never cared or judged a person on how other people think about the person, only what I think of the person. What I've noticed time and time again over the past 10 years or so is why so many people complain and complain about not being popular and when the chance comes their way (for some people), some reason they end up only talking with the ones that are up there and ignore everyone else *shrugs* I've seen it alot in school, I've seen it on past hockey teams, I've seen it on past chats, I've even seen it here lol but there is no logic reason to it so I don't know.

Honest truth about it all is reputation means zippidy do da, ziltch, nothing, nadda or else I'd be around all these popular people who care nothing for each other aside from how they act which is just bogus (yea I used an 80's word o.O lol) (Example: Just because someone posts a million posts and another person has about 50-100 or so shouldn't mean that person with low posts should be ignored. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me because I'm speaking the truth ;)x)

DragonTrainer
October 5th, 2003, 05:22 AM
Well, I said the prep-hate comment to those that have said they hate preps.The way you can be popular is just by being nice, funny, and make yourself stand out in a crowd.

Spike Razzor
October 5th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Im popular at school cause I have known most of the people there from grade 1 lol. Im anything but popular on PC cause I don't post 30 times a day.

DragonTrainer
October 5th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Trust me spike, even if you post often, like me, you will hardly get noticed by anyone.But then again that is only for some people.

Greed
October 5th, 2003, 10:59 AM
I am the LEAST popular kid at my school. >.<; I'm not even popular in the internet for my dumb-dumb personality.. >.<;;

I used to want to be popular, but then I decided that I would rather be my shy and low-tempered self than being someone I hate. But I really have nothing against popularity.
It's just that popular people seem to leave friends behind just cus they aren't popular.

~CaRtOON

Iveechan
October 5th, 2003, 11:13 AM
I don't care for popular people, due to bad experiences with them. I've also moved a lot in my life so I don't really value friendship either. I just like to be left alone.

Rift
October 10th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Im pretty popular at my school! not cause im a jock or anything, its cause i talk to everyone and im nice! so ya talking and being nice are good things to have when bein popular!

John Denver
October 16th, 2003, 07:55 AM
I've only been popular in 2 places...and it is good

I hate it when I hear kids say they hate popular people..The ONLY reason they say that is cause they want to be one of those people, jealosuy leads to hate

BOO ya?

22sa
October 16th, 2003, 04:30 PM
I've only been popular in 2 places...and it is good

I hate it when I hear kids say they hate popular people..The ONLY reason they say that is cause they want to be one of those people, jealosuy leads to hate

BOO ya?
When someone you hate for a reason is always around, you'll find it annoying too.

Frostweaver
October 16th, 2003, 06:15 PM
when someone is sticking to you like glue you'll hate it too... i tried all i can to rid myself from anyone and this guy is stalking me now after i'm forced to know him better because of a group project... and darn it this guy is annoying and brutal (as if this kid is uncivilized...) x_x he's one of the rare fews that i hate (and he's not popular at all as everyone even in this geek school of mine wanted to thrash him)

i hate popularity... i don't see why we must all do a certain thing, look a certain way and act a certain way in order to have a "life" and "friends." I will never need or have a "life", and as for friends 2 or 3 very close friends are enough already. I don't need a to start a fanclub.

as for people who searches for popularity, i don't hate them but i pity them... pity them that they must be enslaved by these "act/dress codes" in order to realize that they "exist."

Porygon
October 17th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Personally, I don't care what other people think of me, although it is nice to be wellliked; it means I did somehting right for once.

Sturm
October 17th, 2003, 08:19 AM
me? I think popular or not don't effect to my life...I can live without that...the important thing is...
Never give up and never loses!

Timbjerr
October 17th, 2003, 10:49 AM
I sense that a lot of people dislike being popular because of the old stereotypes that popular people are arrogant and live to a strict fashion code, and what-not...

...but there are people who attained their popularity by accident (like me). I think I got mine from people who noticed that I am one of the smartest kids in the class, and sought to have me help them with schoolwork. From there, I made a lot of the friends that I have today...and I didn't even have to do a darn thing...

DragonTrainer
October 17th, 2003, 11:01 AM
I got RL poularity by being nice to people.Though being popular is cool, a lot of people hate you because you are popular.But I hate it when people say"Oh your popular, you suck.I hate you"It gets on my nerves.

Dizzy
October 17th, 2003, 11:27 AM
I got RL poularity by being nice to people.Though being popular is cool, a lot of people hate you because you are popular.But I hate it when people say"Oh your popular, you suck.I hate you"It gets on my nerves.

I got my popularity by sticking with my same friends since kindergarten , Bam , welcome to highschool , im still popular. No one hates popular kids at my school .. well i cant say at school just in Tan house .... Im always nice to everyone at school , unless they annoy me , or they agrivate me , or they wont talk to me.Other wise , Popularity sort of came to me , but fashion , i had to go and get that.

jynx
October 17th, 2003, 11:45 AM

popularity+Jynx= Syntax Error

I never get popular in anywhere...
Sigh...
what's wrong with me though? :dead:

Jinona
October 18th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Me I have no popularity I only have five friends at school I have also been demoted even further to just being called "woman" ,instead of my regular name, by a few people which I don't like if you are my friend at school you might as well stamp "no longer popular" all over you that is how unpopular I am at school, and I don't even know what I did to deserve it I guess just being there offended them.

jynx
October 19th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Me I have no popularity I only have five friends at school I have also been demoted even further to just being called "woman" ,instead of my regular name, by a few people which I don't like if you are my friend at school you might as well stamp "no longer popular" all over you that is how unpopular I am at school, and I don't even know what I did to deserve it I guess just being there offended them.
Hey, I've noticed something.
Most ppl who like Pokemon are either very unpopular or very popular o_O|||

Timbjerr
October 19th, 2003, 04:44 AM
most people who are big pokfans probably become unpoular from ridicule that occurs against them

people like me an Dizzy are probably just the exception to the rule. I think my RL friends know I like pokmon, but I still get a lot of attention...

jynx
October 19th, 2003, 08:01 AM
most people who are big pokfans probably become unpoular from ridicule that occurs against them

people like me an Dizzy are probably just the exception to the rule. I think my RL friends know I like pokmon, but I still get a lot of attention...
Yes, maybe you are right.
When Pokemon was popular, I was sooo popular. I was like the leader of every1.
As Pokemon goes down, I becaome less and less popular.
Now, ppl often tease me.

Abolishing Flames
October 19th, 2003, 08:42 AM
umm... I'm not really popular... beacuse I'm new :) but maybe I will someday

Dizzy
October 19th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Well even when pokemon was popular , i never told anyone i liked it... Here pokemon as just like getting a new kitten , u feed it , and u leave it alone , it dies.

22sa
October 19th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Well even when pokemon was popular , i never told anyone i liked it... Here pokemon as just like getting a new kitten , u feed it , and u leave it alone , it dies.
lol, NICE quote Dizzy!! :P

PokeTrainerCarol
October 19th, 2003, 06:51 PM
I don't have anything against popular people. For past experiences...since like 1st grade. I'm happy with my serious independant lonely self.
Last year I got a lot of attention. After awhile I just started going alone telling everyone to leave me alone. I like the loudness of my quietness. Thank you.
I've never had true friends. These are just classmates. I don't trust on any of them.
What I could do in music is what got me known around my old school in Peru...but I wanted the teachers to know me. Not the students. It feels like I'm destined to always be alone like this. And I like it.

am I strange?

Haruka
October 19th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Repeling popularity eh?

:P it's not the greatest thing to do carol. anyways.

Soph
October 19th, 2003, 08:12 PM
some times i feel the only reason im popular here is cos i freinds with andy and he is so popular. :(

otherwise im pretty unpopular here.

IRL im the social outcast....................i hate school popularity groups.

Sturm
October 20th, 2003, 01:56 AM
some times i feel the only reason im popular here is cos i freinds with andy and he is so popular. :(

otherwise im pretty unpopular here.

IRL im the social outcast....................i hate school popularity groups.You are popular than me, heh.....I also hate those who think they rules the world...with their popularity...I think they will die because of popularity...heh.

John Denver
October 20th, 2003, 06:43 AM
There also just some people who rub you the wrong way...

My dad told something about how one day in florida, he went to a church, and he just didn't like the pastor. The pastor was nice and courteous and all the jazz, but there was just something about him the he didn't like...

You don't need to be annoying or mean to be hated. I've been having an ego trip ever since I got voted for in October and I;ve been bothering a lot of people...so...I'll try to tone it down...

Mmm Hmm, popularity is fine

BOO ya!

Dizzy
October 20th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Any ounce of popularity you guys get , welcome it , it might help you.

Jinona
October 20th, 2003, 03:59 PM
I don't have anything against popular people. For past experiences...since like 1st grade. I'm happy with my serious independant lonely self.
Last year I got a lot of attention. After awhile I just started going alone telling everyone to leave me alone. I like the loudness of my quietness. Thank you.
I've never had true friends. These are just classmates. I don't trust on any of them.
What I could do in music is what got me known around my old school in Peru...but I wanted the teachers to know me. Not the students. It feels like I'm destined to always be alone like this. And I like it.

am I strange?

I'm a little like that I like peace and quiet sometimes and like I said I only have like five friends. I think I found out why every one hates me at school it's because all the teachers really like me you know teachers pet and it's been like that since 5th grade. but half my class is in sports and I rather dislike playing sports thats just me, so in PE I miss the volly ball once and they stomp all over me and pretty much am chased into a corner of the gym I'm timid kind of all I can do is bluff but usualy it doesn't work and I can't hit em cause I'll get put in detention. So you see you do the math that is why I am sooooo unpopular at school. (hope I didn't put you to sleep there)

PokeTrainerCarol
October 20th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Noooooo of course you didn't put anyone to sleep ^_^

I'm like that a bit too...
P.E. sucks.
Can anyone guess how many people looked strangely at me when I said that? but I meant it!

Dizzy, I got popularity last year which I know would help me once I go to Middle School (next year!! 2004-2005! save me! :P) but before it had any chance to grow around me I threw it all away...because I'm like that. It won't help me. I'll rather have 1 or 2 trustworthy friends than a whole crowd of people, stupid or not. I just like quietness better :) different personalities, that's all I guess. ^_^

Jinona
October 20th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Noooooo of course you didn't put anyone to sleep ^_^

I'm like that a bit too...
P.E. sucks.
Can anyone guess how many people looked strangely at me when I said that? but I meant it!

Dizzy, I got popularity last year which I know would help me once I go to Middle School (next year!!) but before it had any chance to grow around me I threw it all away...because I'm like that. It won't help me. I'll rather have 1 or 2 trustworthy friends than a whole crowd of people, stupid or not. I just like quietness better :) different personalities, that's all I guess. ^_^

Thank You so much I absolutely hate PE with a passion and our PE teacher is makeing us do wind sprints every Wednesday and our gym is more like a tent so they open the big doors at the end when we are running so we can breath the freezing cold winter air. I also got alot of stranfe looks when I said I hate PE.

latiosspud
October 20th, 2003, 04:35 PM
PE isn't that bad...it gets you in shape.

Dizzy
October 20th, 2003, 05:05 PM
I like it , i look forward to going to it .

Timbjerr
October 20th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Dizzy, I got popularity last year which I know would help me once I go to Middle School (next year!! 2004-2005! save me! :P) but before it had any chance to grow around me I threw it all away...because I'm like that. It won't help me. I'll rather have 1 or 2 trustworthy friends than a whole crowd of people, stupid or not. I just like quietness better :) different personalities, that's all I guess. ^_^
what's wrong with middle school?

I had a hard time in middle school for a different reason for each grade level...
6th grade: I was bullied by a couple of stuck-up rich kids because I was a "late bloomer" (they accused me of being gay cuz my voice hadn't cracked yet)
7th grade: I moved to a new school (imagine transitioning from a school full of stuck-up, rich, white people to a school in the ghetto where lower-class african-americans are half the student body...)
8th grade: was actually a good year for me, I at least made most of my current friends in 8th grade...

even high school isn't that hard (if you know what you're doing)

Dizzy
October 20th, 2003, 05:32 PM
8th grade was my best year ^_^ , escpecially my Prom.

PokeTrainerCarol
October 24th, 2003, 01:59 PM
what's wrong with middle school?

I had a hard time in middle school for a different reason for each grade level...
6th grade: I was bullied by a couple of stuck-up rich kids because I was a "late bloomer" (they accused me of being gay cuz my voice hadn't cracked yet)
7th grade: I moved to a new school (imagine transitioning from a school full of stuck-up, rich, white people to a school in the ghetto where lower-class african-americans are half the student body...)
8th grade: was actually a good year for me, I at least made most of my current friends in 8th grade...

even high school isn't that hard (if you know what you're doing)

...>_>, stupid people that treated you like that in 6th grade...

I don't know, it's just that everyone makes it sound so bad with all the drugs stuff and different classes each hour...and that bullying thing, and so many people talk about it and other things it just makes Middle School sound like the worst thing ever lol

I don't like P.E. because...I just don't. And people looked weird at me because...uh, like everyone is supposed to like to play sports and all that but...it's not the only thing. I also don't like recess, lunch or any kind of free time like that >_> well I like lunch when I get to eat in the classroom...^^ :P yup...eating in the classroom is probably the only one I like :P
sometimes when I think about that I feel like crying...it's hopeless -_-

Despite that I can do so much more and here and there I've heard some "Why are you so smart?", "How can you do that", (I was even asked if I was wearing make up once, that was insulting...but it doesn't relate to the topic ^^) I don't like popularity for the same reason I don't like P.E.
"I just don't. It's part of my personality, it's what makes me...me"

Frostweaver
October 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM
I don't like popularity for the same reason I don't like P.E.
"I just don't. It's part of my personality, it's what makes me...me"

you've read my mind... we hate something because we just do. Take food for an example. Why do some people hate eggs? Cause eggs taste gross to them. But to some others like me eggs taste great. It is because it is...

As for high school (or whatever they call it in your country), i can't really "vertify" those claims carol... i go to a rather sheltered school full of "geeks" (there are still a few exceptions of course) as my school is famous for its academic program. It is also gym-less. We don't even have a gym... so I attend a high school that is rather abnormal so i won't understand what's the normal high school situation out there...

latiosspud
October 24th, 2003, 02:37 PM
My school doesn't have all that stuff like drugs because once they do, they're out.

22sa
October 25th, 2003, 06:42 PM

am I strange?
I was like in Jr. High and last year, where I would talk to teachers or other staff members but many students. There are no dumb questions in the world but there sure are dumb people.

Igglybuddy
October 25th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Man...I'd like to offer a word of support to everybody here who's considered "unpopular" and feeling bad about it. You know what I say? Be yourself. You don't need those b@stards anyway.

Through junior high I had a huge problem with the "popular" people. I resented their 5lutty attitudes and dress, I despised their stupidity and shallowness and most of all I wanted them to just die and leave me alone. What was wrong with me? Was it because I was intelligent? Because I dressed differently? Because I thought differently? Because I was absolute crap in PE? My teacher, my effin' teacher noticed, that's how bad it was. But no matter how much people blew it off as being jealousy or insecurity on their parts, that didn't stop it from happening. And I blamed myself of course.

Junior high was three years of h3ll. Pure torture. And then...I was free.

Needless to say, all that left a powerful impression on me. I am intensely, intensely resentful of those who I percieve as fitting into that "popular" type. Thankfully, I rarely have to interact with any of them now that I'm in all IB classes, but...meh. Yeah, being in High School is really nice. For me at least. Nothing but schoolwork to think about. =]

Take heart, everyone. The pain will end soon.

Hopefully.