View Full Version : Umbreon in pencil

November 10th, 2006, 7:00 AM
EDIT: I can post links now! YESSSSS!!!

EDIT AGAIN: Here is the espeon to go with it!

Forest Grovyle
November 10th, 2006, 3:44 PM
Wow, very nice! I love the way you made it look realistic, with the cat-shaped head and nose. :) Also love the muscle structure and pose. I'd love to see a full-body version; you're very talented!

November 10th, 2006, 3:56 PM
Thanks Forest Grovyle! It means a lot coming from you, I've looked at your art thread, and it's plain awesome. There are a few things that bother me though, like the rings... The forehead ring is all thin at the top, the ear rings are uneven, and the shoulder/foreleg ring doesn't flow very well with the rest... but overall I'm pretty proud of it, it's one of my better pics <3...And yeah, I was trying to make it semi-realistic, though it's hard to do with a pokemon that looks like a fox-cat with fox-bunny ears...the thing it reminds me most of is a large cat...but that's just IMO. I was thinking about making an espeon to go with it, which I might make tonight if I actually decide to do it...

...Better stop blabbing now. xD

November 10th, 2006, 6:00 PM
Amazing shading, simply beautiful. Despite a certain lopsidedness of the rings, it still looks lovely. You also captured a perfect glisten in the eye, which is hard to come across in pokemon drawings.

November 10th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Oh man I wish I could draw like that.

Forest Grovyle
November 11th, 2006, 4:13 AM
I'd love to see that Espeon. :) I wouldn't worry about the rings being a bit uneven - it makes it look a little more realistic in my opinion! The right ear looks a little off, as if you had trouble making it the right shape at first? But everything else is fantastic!! :D

November 11th, 2006, 8:47 AM
Espeon is now here! Thanks for the comments everybody!
And yeah, I don't know what a 'real' umbreon's ear would look like so meh. Although, I don't draw with shapes when I draw, I just sort of go for it. I find that when I do guidelines first it just looks sloppy and weird in the final picture...I usually just 'feel around' to get the face & body shape, it's easier that way (for me at least). I also have lived with animals (cats and dogs) for as long as I remember, and I still do, so observing them helps.

November 12th, 2006, 8:59 AM
greate arts you got here
I must ask you, which pencils you've used?
btw. they look so real ( and I wanna give them hug :D)

November 12th, 2006, 9:12 AM
2B for the umbreon, HB for the espeon.

November 13th, 2006, 2:29 PM
Wow those are really life like and they look great :)

November 13th, 2006, 3:08 PM
Wow those are really life like and they look great :)

Thank'uu vera much! I tried.. :D

Otter Mii-kun
November 13th, 2006, 3:46 PM
Both look to be just like as if it they were real... Perhaps more so the Umbreon...

November 13th, 2006, 7:23 PM
Whaaa the Espeon one is so beautiful! You are amazing at using that pencil!! I wish I could shade as well as you *w*

November 13th, 2006, 7:58 PM
Wow thats very sweet! (I cant believe I just found this thread, I gotta hang around the art gallery more often T_T) I think the rings on umbreon look fine! The shading you did on them makes them look appropriately shiny. And at least you nailed the ears on espeon, although the right side of the face looks a little lop-sided. Hmm, the same thing with Umbreon but you cant see its right eye so its harder to notice, but hey! I have yet to try my hand at realism (all I do is pseudo-sugimori style) so I'm not sure if I should be talking ^_^
Nice work, and I hope to see more coming from you!

November 18th, 2006, 9:36 AM
Yea same here #1 Latias i just found this n looked at both pics of Umbreon n Espeon... THEY R AMAZING!!! I really really really like them anyother drawingz of the Eevee family F.L.Y. ???