View Full Version : Pikachu's Gender Debate - Warning: Spoilers

Haruka
November 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM
This might totally find out the gender of Ash's Pikachu.... =p

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4116/dp009previewxj2.png

Hikari's Mimirol crush on Pikachu

Luиαrglοω
November 10th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Since we don't know the gender of the other pokemon I find this kinda pointless...IMO I always thought pikachu was a male, but now that I think about it...I don't really care.

jasonresno
November 10th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Ever since I started watching the series I just percieved Pikachu as being male as well..

Forci Stikane
November 10th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Well, of course it's a male Pikachu...if it were female, that would open up a whole dimension of things about its relationship with Ash that the writers wouldn't want to have to go over (first of which is one episode where Ash turned into a Pikachu...), nor do I REALLY want to think about.

Mudkip85
November 10th, 2006, 02:11 PM
well its clear isnt it pikachu has to be male as it has never shown any femininity within the shows.

Luиαrglοω
November 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM
It's a pokemon. "femininity"? Come on.

Mudkip85
November 10th, 2006, 03:14 PM
It's a pokemon. "femininity"? Come on.

well its true look at some of the pokemon we have seen over the t.v shows which have shown that they are female for example do you recall the episode where in advanced challenge where it was donphan dancing time whereeach male donphan would dance to impress other female donphan and as you saw te female one showed her 'femininity' by not dancing etc.

Luиαrglοω
November 10th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Well, I don't watch the anime because it's super annoying IMO. Anyway, some pokemon are obviously male or female, and some like Ash's pikachu don't show a whole lot of masculinity/feminity either way..I just assumed it was a male, by default. But....
That brings up the question, where do the eggs come from?

omarfr
November 10th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Well, I don't watch the anime because it's super annoying IMO. Anyway, some pokemon are obviously male or female, and some like Ash's pikachu don't show a whole lot of masculinity/feminity either way..I just assumed it was a male, by default. But....

I always wondered. How do pokemon breed without genitals.

miyo
November 10th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I have all along thought of Ash's Pikachu as a male.. when they went to hotsprings, Pikachu went to the same bath as Ash and Brock did.. I don't suppose a female Pikachu would be there would it? xD

Forci Stikane
November 11th, 2006, 05:15 PM

I DIDN'T NEED TO READ THAT!! NOW THE IMAGE WON'T GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!

Pikachu_Charizard
November 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM
How do we know her Mimoril is a boy?
Also the anime is at least 400 episodes long, it condradicts itself once in a while.

DoubleWide
November 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I always wondered. How do pokemon breed without genitals.

They are cloned like Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.

omarfr
November 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM

NOW I GET IT!!! So when your breeding your pokemon your cloning them?

Pikachu_Charizard
November 16th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Pikachu is a boy because Mimoril is a girl!

Ayano Katagiri
November 16th, 2006, 08:36 PM
This might totally find out the gender of Ash's Pikachu.... =p

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4116/dp009previewxj2.png

Hikari's Mimirol crush on Pikachu
X3 I love that pic, its so cute.
Pikachu is a boy because Mimoril is a girl!
How do you know if Mimiroru is a girl????? There's no proof of that yet. That Mimiroru could be male.

Pikachu_Charizard
November 16th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Check Serebii.net
Anyway there is no proof against Serebii.net.......yet.

Ayano Katagiri
November 16th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Mimiroru

After having various Mimiroru attack her during her travels, Hikari came across another Mimiroru. Eager to add it to her team, she attempts to battle it and eventually succeeds and captures it. Mimiroru is female and appears to have a crush on Ash's Pikachu and knows many poweful attacks including Ice Beam

Obtained in episode: Lets Play with Mimiroru!

Meh.... that could be true. Serebii is usually accurate. I didnt notice this before.

Treecko Tamer
November 16th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Yes, somehow I serious doubt that Mimiroru is a male. I mean, some of the human characters on the show may have left some ambiguity about their sexual orientation, but never the Pokemon.

Every time a Pokemon showed its feeling to another Pokemon, or even a human, there was always some clarity as to the the Pokemon's gender. For example, Ash's Butterfree (male) and the pink Butterfree (female), Ash's Chikorita (female), Charizard (male) and Charla (female), Meowth (male, of course) and Meowsy (female)... and that's just naming a few cases.

Typhoon XV
November 17th, 2006, 03:27 AM
But surely if they were cloned, they'd be exacly the same (including gender), right? :/

miyo
November 18th, 2006, 12:55 AM
How do we know her Mimoril is a boy?
Also the anime is at least 400 episodes long, it condradicts itself once in a while.

hahaha.. I don't think a male would be so shy like a female would.. it's so adorable! I can't imagine Mimoril being a male, and doing something like that! :P

OMG. I've been to this thread before, but I only noticed the picture now.. it's sooooooo adorable~ xD

DoubleWide
November 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM
But surely if they were cloned, they'd be exactly the same (including gender), right? :/

I was just being a smart alek, I didn't think anyone would take me seriously. :\

Myzou
November 20th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Just cause someone likes a boy doesn't mean they're a girl....

Anyways, In D/P, Pikachu's have a Indentation on their tail, and with appearance, it tends to follow the TV show..., so that's a way to say he's a boy =P

Haruka
November 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Mimirol is sooooo cute.... and it's like totally female. =p

I like totally support MimirolxPikachu shipping because it's sooo cute... =p

I highly doubt a male mimirol would do this. ^^;

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9697/mimilovewd7.png

Midnight_Dragon249
November 20th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I have always thought it was a male. Its voice just doesn't sound very feminine. Of course, Charizards just growl, so my reason for thinking its a male could be disproved. But whatever.

Mudkip85
November 20th, 2006, 02:13 PM
well i just dont know about it anymore but here is a little something for all of you to think of. Who remebers Richies pikachu Sparky, we could easily distinguish it was male because it had more of a huskier voice as well as a more masculine hair style. So could this mean that Ash's pikachu is actually a female?

miyo
November 20th, 2006, 10:07 PM
well i just dont know about it anymore but here is a little something for all of you to think of. Who remebers Richies pikachu Sparky, we could easily distinguish it was male because it had more of a huskier voice as well as a more masculine hair style. So could this mean that Ash's pikachu is actually a female?

I remembered his Pikachu's hair, but not the voice.. ><
well.. there are males that are generally more feminine.. or, gentle sounds better.. :P males with the XXY gene will be like that.. he'll be less 'manly'..

Well, speaking of gentle males, I'm thinking of Daisuke from DNAngel (if anyone has watched it..).. maybe Pikachu is just like him? lol~ :P

羨望
November 20th, 2006, 10:45 PM
If Picachu was female we all the dp stuff she probaly appear with a dent in her tail 0_0 that's if he was female.lol

show spoiler

Ren-Kun

Pikachu_Charizard
November 21st, 2006, 08:33 PM
Pikachu is a boy, but it is weird how a Mimoril likes a Pikachu. Has there ever been a female Pikachu?

miyo
November 22nd, 2006, 08:01 PM
Pikachu is a boy, but it is weird how a Mimoril likes a Pikachu. Has there ever been a female Pikachu?

well, why not? there's definitely female Pikachus.. perhaps it's just we haven't seen them on screen yet, that's all. In my gold version of the game, I'm training a female Pikachu~

~Jack~
November 23rd, 2006, 05:23 AM
Well of course there are frm

Drew
November 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I've always figured Ash's Pikachu was a boy, I mean, the relationship that it has with Ash seems like more a boyish relationship, then a male x female relationship.

Plus, Ash calls him 'buddy'...
and he looks more male then female.

And that Mimirol really does look more female then male...

Ibuberu
November 26th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Pikachu and Ash look more like best guy friends, and Pikachu has always struck me as a boy, but, I remember in the season 1 episodes, Pokemon Fashion Flash(was that what it was called?), Misty pictured Pikachu in a dress. XD

Yes, that was so funny that I guess I remembered it till now. ^^;;

Pikachu_Charizard
November 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
So Pikachu is a boy and the Mimoril is a girl.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 1st, 2006, 06:21 PM
yea, I always thought of Pikachu as a male and I know that Corphish and Grovyle are males because Corphish falls in love with a female Mawile while grovyle falls in love with a female Meganium

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Scarlet Weather
December 1st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Well, I think that Pikachu is male... but it really ruins the show for me that he's not a girl. I used to toy with the idea of Pikashipping (AshXPikachu) just for fun, not really taking it seriously, until Gary's Umbreon was introduced. I had an entire fic planned out that was basically a collection of detailed love letters from Ash's (female) Pikachu and Gary's Umbreon to each other. It was perfect... but now Pikachu is male and I have to scrap my fic and imagine a new humanXPokemon pairing... oh well, I suppose I could just toy with Altoshipping instead...

Pikaship101
October 20th, 2007, 12:02 PM
...I think Pikachu..Is a girl <3 Believe It!...I am sure pikachu is a girl..But I respect others opinnions....Thought alot of fanfics I can't read....Because...For some reason,I can't...But the fanfics with pikachu as a girl are mostly dumb...I mean they overally use the "pikachu turns into a human" concept to much.

Extreme
October 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Pikachu is a male. Whenever he wears cloths, he is always wearing male cloths. He is not a tranny or crossdresser. Besides mimiroru is female I saw her wearing a dress in one of the D&P episodes.

Charaxes
October 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Gravedigging. Locking. Whoo.