PDA

View Full Version : ~Me Sprites!~

Luиαrglοω
November 11th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Here are some of my sprites... I hope I posted enough. The minimum was 4, right? xD

Do's and Don'ts about these:

Do:
Use them in avatars or signatures.
Make them transparent.
Remove the (c) and add credit elsewhere, in a visible place.
Give constructive criticism.
Don't:
Edit them in any way other than transparenting them.
Claim to have made them.
Remove the (c) without crediting elsewhere.
Criticize in a mean way. Err, please? xD

I apologize in advance for making sprites that look like yours or choosing to recolor the same one you did, but I don't steal sprites because I don't like it when people steal mine. (It hasn't happened yet, but I KNOW I wouldn't like it if it had. xD)
And now,
On to the sprites.

Well the first one is a revamp with RS ears, and other small edits...

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4782/umbrepictf8.png
Second one, a persian in disguise...(muahahaha...)

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1989/espieua7.png
Third, an eevee/pidgey/vulpix designed to look like a winged eevee.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/403/eeveewingiz5.png
And last off, a 'dratifly'!

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9987/dratiflyil5.png

Yes, they're not very original, but I had fun making them...

Domin-8
November 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM
You can't expect anyone to not crtisize the sprites, this is the Pixel Art forum. ANd you can't get better without it.

But about your sprites.
That revamp is nicely done you didn't use an all black outline like most people starting out do. Very good. There is alot of dithering though. most pokemon sprites do not have that much dithering, but the way you did it makes it look good.

The Persian disguised is a very good edit and recolor, nothing to say about that one.

Well, I can't give much more advice you have done a good job. How long have you been spriting?

Samson
November 11th, 2006, 10:45 PM
they're not bad. continue on, and you'll definitely get better.

Esupio
November 12th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Just to let you know, criticism is actually required in this forum (well elaboration upon the point you have made)
, and sometimes it can be read as a mean type of critiscm, when there just trying to help ya.The main thing I see wrong with the umbreon is the fact that the ears look tottally different (yes I know there from RS). I also dislike the amount of dithering you use, I don't see a bit of solid shading anywhere on the umbreon.
The espeon is better, much better because you have shaded it without the mass of dithering, although its right ear does look slightly odd.
The last two are simple mixes, nothing to say.

Luиαrglοω
November 12th, 2006, 07:16 AM
You can't expect anyone to not crtisize the sprites, this is the Pixel Art forum. ANd you can't get better without it.

But about your sprites.
That revamp is nicely done you didn't use an all black outline like most people starting out do. Very good. There is alot of dithering though. most pokemon sprites do not have that much dithering, but the way you did it makes it look good.

The Persian disguised is a very good edit and recolor, nothing to say about that one.

Well, I can't give much more advice you have done a good job. How long have you been spriting?

I did a lot of spriting about a year ago, I stopped for a while and started up again.

And yeah, I kinda did go overboard with the dithering on the first one. I might change that.

Domin-8
November 12th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Ahh, well you are quite good. I can't wait to see more of your sprites

Mario Famous
November 12th, 2006, 09:47 PM
It looks like you spammed the dithering in one of them, other than that they're quite good.

Luиαrglοω
November 13th, 2006, 07:38 AM
It looks like you spammed the dithering in one of them, other than that they're quite good.

How can you 'spam' dithering?

Esupio
November 13th, 2006, 08:25 AM
How can you 'spam' dithering?

Turn into into a block of proccsessed ham I suppose.

I think he means did way to much.

Luиαrglοω
November 13th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I shall redo it, since people think I need to? :P
Yeah, though, I guess you're right, but I like it that way.

EDIT: Fixed, toned down the dithering like you suggested

Domin-8
November 13th, 2006, 02:17 PM
I like this version alot better. it looks smooth I wanna touch it haha.