PDA

View Full Version : Person Shot Over a PS3 o.o'

Chikara
November 17th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I was just watching this on the news. Its so sad! I forget where and I wasnt listening long enough to find out if the guy died or not, but he WAS shot. And over a Play Station 3. Who thiks thats a little over the top to get something that has overly prices games anyway?

Nya...

Esupio
November 17th, 2006, 02:12 PM
They'll get home and go
'oh god, I just shot someone, for a ps3 and I have to wait 5 minutes for it to upgrade, the cops will get me'

~Jack~
November 17th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Poor guy, i didn't hear about this. Those stupid PS3's dont even look that amazing. I'm geting Wii. My cousin works @ Best buy, and she said that if there's a line, she will call us. But on ABC7 it siad that some ps3's are going for ... 6,000 $on ebay. yeah who would pay that, i know. I just checked, they are in the 1,000's of $. My mom said there were people camping out to get one. Half the people probably never got one either. THery probably got fired from their job. It's just plain crazy. Besides, you can wait 3 moths, and they will be like 200$.

Chikara
November 17th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Poor guy, i didn't hear about this. Those stupid PS3's dont even look that amazing. I'm geting Wii. My cousin works @ Best buy, and she said that if there's a line, she will call us. But on ABC7 it siad that some ps3's are going for ... 6,000 $on ebay. yeah who would pay that, i know. I just checked, they are in the 1,000's of $. My mom said there were people camping out to get one. Half the people probably never got one either. THery probably got fired from their job. It's just plain crazy. Besides, you can wait 3 moths, and they will be like 200$.

Those prices are exactly why I have no interest in buying it. I REALLY dont feel like getting shot over it...

Forci Stikane
November 17th, 2006, 04:11 PM
This doesn't surprise me anymore. The game system is so expensive that it probably costs those people a LITERAL arm and leg. It's so incredibly stupid, especially looking at how the superior "Wivolution" is coming out two days from now at a vastly-smaller price. I've been disgusted by Sony ever since I found out about that Lik-Sang business, and this just adds to it...

BTW, Jack, I just checked eBay and spotted some that were going for DOUBLE that second number.

Zorua
November 17th, 2006, 04:40 PM
This just shows how ignorant people are when it comes to buying new gaming system. Isn't this common sense: The higher price something is the more sensitive. I'm getting more disappointed at Sony for this. But I put the blame on the idiotic people who were rushing in just to get the damn system. It's common sense, really. If you can't get it now, why would tomorrow hurt?

parallelzero
November 17th, 2006, 06:02 PM
What the hell is wrong with the world? Geez. >>;

Lily
November 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Apparently ..something.

That's just...wow. Never knew a video game console would be worth that much. o_o;

Zorua
November 17th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Apparently ..something.

That's just...wow. Never knew a video game console would be worth that much. o_o;

It isn't. It's just the mindless people who waited desperately for it. Those people are idiots. And like David said..what the hell is wrong with the world nowadays? It's still a damn video game system like the Nintendo Gamecube and PS2. Big deal, different looks, enhanced graphics and gameplay. Now people are wasting what is Laptop money($600+) To get the darn system. It is clear they do not know how wait patiently and not run like hell then getting someone hurt.

Obviously, I'm still pissed about this...

Drifblim
November 17th, 2006, 06:54 PM
My stepbrother just informed me.

I heard of people firing pellets at a line for the PS3 and one of the men shot saying that it was worth it. But yeah, when you're that close to New York, you get shot for carrying anything of value. Simple.

Gunn
November 17th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I was watching the morning news before I left to school when I heard about this. Sad. People camping for two days, people getting injured, stampedes, long lines, ... I think I'll settle for now just until this hysteria dies down.

I hope Sony isn't too happy for what they've done.

Aether
November 17th, 2006, 07:13 PM
bah, the second that i heard that only about 20- Ps3's were going to be available at each store, i just knew that someone was going to get shot or there would be a riot or some other kind of uproar, and whaddaya know i was right!

mrplanters
November 17th, 2006, 07:15 PM
It really isn't Sony's fault I mean sure it was their product, Who knows this could happen when the WII comes out.

Mario The World Champion
November 17th, 2006, 08:50 PM
This is why I never go buy a new system the day it comes out. I also read that the other guy that was with the gunman had a shotgun!!! Hope it was worth the wait, buddy! be lucky the dude with the shotgun didn't shoot you or you'll be dead.

I'll wait a while until Sony makes some more PS3s before I go get one. That way, I won't get shot coming out with one. Or I'll buy it online to be 100% safe!

Midnight_Dragon249
November 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I'm going to have to wait 'till Christmas to get one (Either Wii or PS3. yes, Sony's a *****, but all of my favorite games have been PS1 or PS3). But by that time, the prices will freaking skyrocket. I really hope my parents pre-ordered a system and I haven't found out. And I just have this to say~Money is the root of most evil. And cake. Cake is baaaaad.

Arcanine
November 17th, 2006, 09:48 PM
It's funny that this guy wouldn't have gotten shot if it wasn't for Sony.
But it's not sad that he got shot, what's sad is people paying like $4,000 for a PS3 on eBay. This dude likely got his PS3, and might be a good chance he got it for free.

Yes he lived, yes he'll be ok.
Now if only someone would get shot inline for a Wii, it'll be all over the news too. XD

Esupio
November 18th, 2006, 03:07 AM
It's funny that this guy wouldn't have gotten shot if it wasn't for Sony.
But it's not sad that he got shot, what's sad is people paying like $4,000 for a PS3 on eBay. This dude likely got his PS3, and might be a good chance he got it for free.

Now if only someone would get shot inline for a Wii, it'll be all over the news too. XD
I want sony to get sued.
for alot.
but if he did get a ps3 he probably won't.
or it was all a stunt, to get the bloke a free ps3 (woo! overactive imagination!)

Forci Stikane
November 18th, 2006, 08:18 AM
or it was all a stunt, to get the bloke a free ps3 (woo! overactive imagination!)

...Actually, considering how expensive they are, this isn't so farfetched...

Oh, and @ mrplanters: What do you mean it wasn't Sony's fault!?? It was their decision to stick such a high MSRP on it. It was their decision to severely limit the opening stock. Both of those are the reasons for such a commotion to get one, which was what caused someone to get shot. What part ISN'T Sony's fault!???

At least Nintendo's smarter than to stick a steep price tag on their new system.

mrplanters
November 18th, 2006, 09:40 AM
True, but seriously do you honestly think that Sony thought that this would happen? I do think they should have shipped more Ps3's but come on its not their fault, It's the guys that had the guns fault! I mean they're the ones who shot those innocent people.

Forci Stikane
November 18th, 2006, 01:56 PM
True, but seriously do you honestly think that Sony thought that this would happen?

What I think is that this isn't the first time something like this has happened with a Sony product and they should have planned for it ahead of time.

Zorua
November 18th, 2006, 02:02 PM
True, but seriously do you honestly think that Sony thought that this would happen? I do think they should have shipped more Ps3's but come on its not their fault, It's the guys that had the guns fault! I mean they're the ones who shot those innocent people.

And shipping more PS3s would have what kind of effect..?

DarkDoom3000
November 18th, 2006, 09:55 PM
wow, why do so much people hate sony...?

it dosent seem too expencive...when the PS2 got released it was $1000 NZD

and wikipedia says ps3's gonna be 1200$ NZD...only 200 more
and besides BLU-RAY!!

but getting shot 4 one...now thats just wacked!

Forci Stikane
November 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM
wow, why do so much people hate sony...?

A. They're bullies (see Lik-Sang thread)

B. They're copycats (see PSP & PS3 controller)

C. They don't really care about their customers (see, again, Lik-Sang thread & price of PS3 compared to, say, Wivolution)

D. They like taking all the money they can get from their customers (see, again, PS3 price)

DarkDoom3000
November 19th, 2006, 05:50 PM
-microsofth are the ones who dont care bout their costomers!
you have to pay to play online I mean how stupid is that!, pay 4 internet and online games!
though halo is cool...

Wii its great, and so is the PS3 they both rock...
wii is great for interactive games and to get to play them in a new way
the ps3 is for hardcore gamers (or not eyetoy:) ) you get to play games in the old way but the games will be better than ever

Bluray!! stores nearly double of HD-DVD's
one of the single layer ones have 25 GIGs a four layered one has 100GIGS!!!!
resistance fall of man have already nearly reached 25 gigs!

-i guess its because this is a "pokemon community" who just like nintendo
you are all HAYTERS!!!

EVIL HATERS!!!
mwahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!

BTA: theyre not taking all the money they can get from their customers!
customers buy it because they want, not because they are forced to!, they can just not buy one......and besides do you know how much a blueray player would cost!?

The Fallen
November 19th, 2006, 08:20 PM
It is quite annoying how these games are ruining alot of things. I mean I like games myself, don't get me wrong, but they do cause alot of problems at times. It's crazy how people camped out for days just to get their hands on some little entertainment system. $600.00 is an outrageous prices as well, just to say the least. Before you get everything for the system; games, controllers, etc. you are going to drop $1000.00 in a matter of minutes. That about a months work of 40 hour weeks. I just think that the price could be a bit lower; I mean they'll still make their damn money. Oh well, I won't be buying one anytime soon.

parallelzero
November 19th, 2006, 08:57 PM
you have to pay to play online I mean how stupid is that!, pay 4 internet and online games!
though halo is cool...

the ps3 is for hardcore gamers (or not eyetoy:) ) you get to play games in the old way but the games will be better than ever

you are all HAYTERS!!!

EVIL HATERS!!!

customers buy it because they want, not because they are forced to!, they can just not buy one......and besides do you know how much a blueray player would cost!?

Ah, nothing like reading the ramblings of someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. I have nothing against Sony in particular, but they were retarded when they made this move. Yes, they are taking all the money they can get from customers. They know people want the systems, that's why they price them so high.

"Hardcore gamers", huh? I can't really say anything about that comment until you give me your definition of Hardcore gamers, since I think my definition is drastically different.

Blueray... nobody really cares about it. It's pretty expensive so it's not really worth it.

Forci Stikane
November 20th, 2006, 07:09 PM
though halo is cool...

you are all HAYTERS!!!

EVIL HATERS!!!

1. You haven't said anything to my first two points (the BIG ONES)

2. I provided clear-cut examples. Where're yours?

Yeah, I've gotta agree with Origin for the most part (I DO hold Sony responsible for Lik-Sang, so I have somewhat of a problem with them now).

DarkDoom3000
November 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Blueray... nobody really cares about it. It's pretty expensive so it's not really worth it.
well in your opinion.....

wow people are relly desperate to get them...I never buy any console at launch...they would probally be sold out!

I wait about a year(wow, long time) because thats when all the good games come out (mgs4 and dmc4)

and besides ill hav plenty of time to save up and play socom 2 yeah!

Jeremy
November 22nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
This is really sad sweeties, that a human being's life has been taken away, over something petty and useless such as a PS3. ;-;

Forci Stikane
November 23rd, 2006, 07:53 AM
This is really sad sweeties, that a human being's life has been taken away, over something petty and useless such as a PS3. ;-;

Um......

Nobody's life was taken away.

Auron
December 15th, 2006, 10:56 AM
It's a shame. Hummanity deservers to be called "Inhummanity".

I hope the man survived...

Esupio
December 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
It's a shame. Hummanity deservers to be called "Inhummanity".

I hope the man survived...

Originally Posted by Arcanine

Nuke
December 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I was just watching this on the news. Its so sad! I forget where and I wasnt listening long enough to find out if the guy died or not, but he WAS shot. And over a Play Station 3. Who thiks thats a little over the top to get something that has overly prices games anyway?

Nya...
That is just sad. Hope that freak gets caught.

Melody
December 15th, 2006, 01:33 PM
people these days can be soooooooooooo immature at times...
it makes me want to scream...

Tensaiji
December 15th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Lol. It is funny that someone will protect their PS3 for anything. When I saw it on the news, my bro and I laughed our heads off. Either give the PS3 away or be stupid and try to protect it with your life? That is so funny.

Mudkip85
December 15th, 2006, 05:29 PM
At the end of the day i think having a life is much more important that a console of any sort. It also teaches us a lesson make sure never to wlak around with something worth over £500 in your hand its just too risky!

~Kipper~