View Full Version : Blennix's Gold Revamps

November 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
I've been trying to do Revamps ever since People where talking about it and i've been seeing them post their works. I've never knew what it took, i thought it was just recolouring the sprite....I was wrong :( I tried it again and I just could get the shading right. I red revamp tutorials :P by a few fantastic Revamps such as Castiboy (I Personally Loved his Sprites) and Aocom (I Personally Loved his Revamps).

Now this is my try.
T3h S4urz:
T3h ch412z:
T3h t0Rt3Rz
T3h C4tTeRp0D3Rz:
T3h VVEeK4kdriLlz:
t3h CH0MP3Rz:

November 24th, 2006, 1:42 AM
Well of course the idiots at this forum are too sissy to comment on some revamps so I'm going to be a nice guy (because I am) and I am happy (unlike some emos hax). SHAME ON YOU THOSE THAT VIEW - PROMOTING SELF HARM TSK TSK TSK.

Anyway, I love them, I loved the Gold pose sprites so I can't wait for the rest WEEE!

November 24th, 2006, 1:45 AM
I know, I think when they see the Revamps, they go. "Ahhhhm the leetness burns my eyes* *close Pokecommunity*

November 24th, 2006, 2:46 AM
Kay well you're Bulbasaur looks fine, but there appears to be some lighting issues with Ivysaur and Venasaur.

On the Ivysaur, how come the leaves on the left are brighter than those on the right?

And on the Venusaur, the left foreleg should definitely not be that bright. There shouldn't be that much light on it, since it's body would get in the way. Same goes for the back leg. In addition, you stuffed up a few pixels of outlines on the petals.

But other than that, it seems all good to me. Are you gonna produce anymore?

Lord Mike
November 24th, 2006, 1:02 PM
I hope he produces more. Those are sick dude. Good job!

November 24th, 2006, 6:53 PM
Yes i am. Chars, I've got nothing better to do, so I'll show you 'em

Lord Mike
November 24th, 2006, 7:11 PM
Those are even better. Keep up the good work! ^_^

November 25th, 2006, 9:32 PM
Wow, these also look pretty good.

Charmeleon's chest and Charizard's tail are a bit stuffy, and I think the shading on it's left knew is wrong.

Keep it up.

November 26th, 2006, 5:16 PM
Damn those Chars are the sex! ^^

Comeon noobs, all hail Blennix the most awesome revamp artist this century.

Captain Arcane
November 26th, 2006, 5:59 PM
Well despite everyone elses comments, I think there great 10/10. Great job

November 26th, 2006, 6:43 PM
Torters (Squirt, War 'n' Blast) Shmeh

November 28th, 2006, 9:54 PM
Doesn't it take this short!?

November 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
OMG I can't believe how awesome they are! Come on people! Comment on them! What is wrong with everyone?

November 28th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Blennix, when I commented on your sprites, I expected that the little flaws I pointed out were gonna be fixed.

Are you using the DP palette by any chance? I was wondering why the colours seemed odd.

November 28th, 2006, 10:48 PM
You having a go at me??? I'd prefer you didn't use my name on the forums thnaks. Yes i am quite frankly

November 28th, 2006, 10:54 PM
My apologies *edits*

And no, I wasn't having a go at all ... so don't get so fired up XD

But it would be common courtesy to at least thank those that comment, as well as take into account any constructive comments that they make.

But hey, it's your thread. Good luck with further revamps.

November 28th, 2006, 10:59 PM
That's nice and easy.. What can we expect to see next, unless your going to quit because of the rejection of the PokeComm Noobs?

November 29th, 2006, 12:27 AM
some are good revamps. that blastoise is just iffy o.o

hope on seeing you get better at this, and hopefully start scratch spriting. enough people don't do it anymore!

November 29th, 2006, 2:09 AM
thanks man, i dunno. I maybe switch straight into Faking again.

Chibi Pika
November 29th, 2006, 5:01 AM
Not bad at all. ^^ Here are some things I noticed:

-Ivysaur's eyes look off, but that could just be because they were off in the G/S sprite. xP
-Charizard has too much black outlining, particularly on the neck.
-Blastoise's head looks odd, it could use more highlighting.

But other than that, I like 'em. G/S revamps are hard to get the shading right because there's hardly any shading to begin with! R/B sprites had more shading, but revamping those means fixing the warped look.

Are you doing them all in order?

November 29th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Ok, Ray.z and Chibi Pika and others who have had told me what is wrong, i'll try to fix them up but now its REVISION TIME!!!!
Yep, and my intention is to finish them Bulba to Celebi

November 30th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Plateface, shut the hell up, you're the only n00b I see here.

Anyways, they;re not bad at all, but then again, they're not amazing. The squirtle line is the weakest, they posses very little shading, where there is shading, it;s not that effective, they lack depth.

Caterpie looks weird, try some dithering, or change your shading style slightly.

Gokey Shuckle
November 30th, 2006, 11:51 AM
"Shutting the Hell Up" is not a very good comment regardless of how bad someone appears to be, but whatever. -.-

Hey Blennix, can you do G/S/C trainers? Everyone complains everytime I ask.

November 30th, 2006, 1:33 PM
When someone posts about 6-8 posts in a very degrading manner for no real reason, I believe telling them exactly what they need to hear isn't a bad thing at all.

The Ivysaur's quite nice now i look at it better.

December 1st, 2006, 1:14 AM
yah, they're all quite good, except he needs to work on the shading. for instance, that ivysaur should have some lighting on that left side of it, but it's given a darker shade.

his outlining looks flawless o.o

December 1st, 2006, 11:32 PM
We will just leave PlateFace alone whining to himself about people who don't feel like posting.

Anyway, they are very nice. Very pure colors.

December 2nd, 2006, 7:05 PM

December 2nd, 2006, 9:03 PM
they look better, but the ivysaur and venasaur still have some shading problems.

the left (our left) side should be more exposed to the light source.

December 2nd, 2006, 9:11 PM
With the Vensaur seeing how its head is above its leg, should it be Darker? Same story with Ivy, seeing its Leaf is over the body

December 2nd, 2006, 9:26 PM
Weedle, Kakuna and Beedrill. Are now up :)

December 2nd, 2006, 9:54 PM
if the light source is coming from the top-left corner, then the shadow from the leaf wouldn't overlap the whole left side of ivysaur and venasaur. just like in real life, your shadow falls toward the way the light "pushes" it. besides, the leaf shadow wouldn't be that big in comparison to the shadowing you do for the rest of the body. on venasaur, it's front right leg (our left) shouldn't be affected by shadowing at all considering where it's positioned. the head shadow would actually go over the OTHER leg. it's especially strange that the right leg (our left) is affected by the shadowing of the head when the left should be.

oh and the weedle line is good. well done ^.^

December 2nd, 2006, 11:56 PM
Oh, I see I see. I shall Fix them up. Thanks man

December 3rd, 2006, 6:09 PM

December 5th, 2006, 7:24 PM
These had to be the most difficult.
t3h CH0MP3Rz:

December 6th, 2006, 2:18 AM
I just love the way that you all haven't posted in my thread, Signomi or whoever can you please close this?
You should be proud of yourselves. GOOD DAY!

December 6th, 2006, 2:45 AM
Umm, just to let you know Blennix .... I can't even see your latest revamp, so yeah :/

Forest Grovyle
December 6th, 2006, 4:46 AM
This topic has been closed on the thread creator's request.