PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Knowledge

Netta
November 24th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Wasn't so sure what to call this starter and weather it should go here or not, but here's a question for you all.

Without looking at any pokedex and/or any information about pokemon, what would you say has the most types. This question also goes with all versions of the pokemon games. This also include double types like water/ground. If it does, which many of the pokemon do, just add both to two types.

After about two to three weeks, I will do the counting and we'll find out just which type is the largest.

Normal
Ghost
Psychic
Bug
Fighting
Ice
Dark
Flying
Water
Grass
Electric
Poison
Ground
Dragon
Rock
Fire
Steel

peterrab
November 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Grass or Ground I would say.

dakelland12
November 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM
i just think normal i what i tjink

Luиαrglοω
November 24th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Maybe normal or water? I dunno.

Villianous Villager
November 24th, 2006, 02:14 PM
fire or figthing I´m not sure n_nU

Matt11
November 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I think water but there's alot of psychics, especially legendaries...

Crimson Arcanine
November 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I would say Normal or Water. Dragon seems to be the least common

Matt11
November 24th, 2006, 06:46 PM
There's no way it's dragon!!!

~Solarys~
November 24th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Water, definitely - water alone has 3 egg groups, and about half of the new Hoenn pokemons are water or part water, and about a third of the Sinnoh pokemon are part water.

If water isn't it, I'll vote for Flying (if Levitate counts as well).

Charaxes
November 24th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Well, Poison had quite a bit up to G/S, and I'm sure they'll make a comeback. But don't underestimate the understated Normal following either.

So Poison 1st place, Normal 2nd place, or whichever.

Captain Arcane
November 25th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Thats a good question.
There seems to be lots of just a few or so kind.
Water, Grass, Bug
But im pretty sure its water

eureKa^
November 25th, 2006, 05:19 AM
water or flying i think possibly something else like fire

Ninetales
November 25th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I did this once for the Kanto and Johto Pokemon. Water Pokemon were the most numerous, followed by Normal, then Psychic. Grass and Poison weren't too far behind. And of course, the least numerous were Ghost and Dragon, with 4 each... I don't know, with the addition of Hoenn and Shinou, those stats may be different...

If we did this for the legendaries only, I bet Psychic would be the most common type. I think about 70% of the legendaries are Psychic-type...

Forever
November 25th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Pokemon is grass/water themed the main starters that Ash uses is Grass, Treecko, Bulbasaur, Chikorita,

All grass and used more than Charmander/Squirtle, Torchic/Mudkip/, Cyndaquil/Totodile.

Though Ash uses water more but not as a starter..

So more Grass/Water

Netta
November 26th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Okay, Just so you all know, this includes the legendary into the types. After all, they are pokemon as I stated before. . . which pokemon type has the most. This includes legendaries.

My reasons.

One, I only know the LG/FR, SGC, and RSE. I did find a pokedex on the D/P however, I am not up to date as to which are the legendary pokemons on that version. That is why I perfer to put the legendaries together. Plus they are pokemon types and they belong in part of the deal.

By the way, you all have pretty good knowledge. I am now working on talling all the types. I noticed when I started that if I don't do the indevidual types, Flying would have none by itself so I've put a tally on both flying and normal.

I will not put down what I think except that I believe it maybe Normal that is the most, but we'll see.

^_^

Sorry for the triple post! The computer I'm using is very strange, so please dont' mind the triple post, it was not ment to happen.

Crimson Arcanine
November 26th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Gah! Someone managed a triple post cos of computer error?

If Water isn't the most numerous, i'll jump into the deep end of a swimming pool :) even thro i can't swim.

Drew
November 27th, 2006, 03:18 PM
My first answer, without looking at anyone else's
was water, and surprisngly enough, upon looking a lot of others think that too...

So yeah, I'll stick with water. x3

((Yeeeah...Netta, I'd edit and delete two of your three triple posts, sometime. x3 ))

Ayano Katagiri
November 27th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Water followed by Normal. It happens in the game when I try to complete the Pokedex, I have more water types then normal

Netta
November 27th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I've tried to delete the posts but it wouldn't let me. It keeps saying please add in at least 30 words or something. So I can't really do anythign about it. If I had a delete reply button I'd be able to do it, but unlike the Msn Groups, I can't do anything about it.

*Morphs into one of my created digimons called TriAmbermon.* "It's time to get rid of these triple posts! Kitty Rings!" *Unleashes five silvery flamed, spinning rings to the two posts and they shatter into millions of data bits and morphs back to self.*

Hey, guess what? I've figured it out. I've figured out how to delete posts. Yay Me!!! *apploses quickly to self.*

Lavabyle
November 28th, 2006, 05:08 PM
flying or ground would be my guess

Netta
November 30th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I will give this part of the knowledge one more week as I am recounting three times to make sure I have counted all the pokemon and their types. So it's still open for thoughs that still want to guess.

After next week, I'll put up something else about Pokemon knowledge for others to answer. This new knowledge will start December 7.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 1st, 2006, 03:53 PM
Ghost and Dark they rock and they rule :P

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Netta
December 7th, 2006, 02:24 AM
I'm sorry about being a few hours late. I had forgotten that yesterday was the 7th. Anyways, here it is.

Coming in third, with a grand total of 64 is the Flying type.

Coming in second, with a grand total of 80 is the Normal type and

Coming in first, the type that has the most, coming to a grand total of 92 is . . .

*drum rolls*

*Pikachu runs in holding an envelope in it's mouth stops and stands on it's hind legs and takes the envelope in it's claws and holds it out to me.*

*I take it and attempt to open it. The envelope seems to be stubbern.*

Water type.

There you have it fans, the type with the most in all the games and the show is Water.

Congradulations to thoughs who said Water type was the most.

I'm wondering if I should move this thread to the pokemon fun land. I didn't realize until after I post I think that there was a trivia place for such things as these.