PDA

View Full Version : Rare Candy!!!!!!!!

Captain Arcane
November 27th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Ok I have wondered this ever since Pokemon's first debute, and I cant find a answer for this never ending seeming question.

Rare Candy of course is rare right, and you can't buy it stores. But when you find it, it has a wrapper around it!!! If it has a wrapper, it must be made somewhere. And if everybody wants these delicious candies, you would think Poke'Marts would buy them to make tons of money from trainers. Well if the destributers of Rare Candy didn't sell them, where do they get the money to make more of them. It doesn't add up. Why would a company make such a great item, but not advertise, or sell it? Is it because every trainer would buy them, and pokemon as we know it would become overpowerfull? What is the answer? I get so annoyed when I find these taunting tasty treats. Are they moking us? Is this some sort of scam. Is there some rare Pokemon that produces this rare substance (wrapper included)? I just don't know. Now, I really don't exspect anybody to know the answer to this question, I'm just putting it out there so people realize things that they may not.

But if anybody has an idea, or answer, or theory about this question that makes me ponder every day, please, let your voice be heard. Reply so that others and I may sleep peacefully tonight, and the next night, and so and so forth.

Drifblim
November 27th, 2006, 05:13 AM
The manufacturers could have done what Atari did with bad cartridges: buried them somewhere remote or scattered them to save disposal costs.

Amachi
November 27th, 2006, 06:07 AM
In an odd way ... that makes sense.

Cause y'know how Rare Candies don't make your pokemon as strong as those that are trained, well then the manufacturer's must've realised that flaw and tried to get rid of them.

It's either that, or they are to cheap to pay for proper disposal.

Or they candies are contaminated and will destroy your pokemon in a few decades.

It could be anything!

Kraka-chan
November 27th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Maybe they are prototype for an even more powerful form of Rare Candy. But no one bothered to develop it even further.

I hope you know what I'm getting about here.

Matt11
November 27th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Maybe the factory exploded and scattered the candy across the globe...

Captain Arcane
November 27th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Maybe the factory exploded and scattered the candy across the globe...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAH, LoL, XD.:laugh:
I'm sorry, that one made me lauph so hard, AHAHAHAhahahah. That must have been a pretty huge explsosion, bigger than anyother ever witnessed!

I kinda like that other Idea, disposing of the Rare Candies because of flause in the candy itself. It is true that you actually lose more than you gain when you use a Rare Candy. It could be a mistake, or mabye thats how its supposed to be. We need more ideas to fully, and finally make a desicion about Rare Candies.

Kraka-chan, I think I see where your getting at, so your saying that Rare Cadies were, or are still a prototype, that no body decided to develope further. So time takes its toll and Rare Candies become a lost knowledge, with only the fewest of the few remianing to proove the exsistance of such a substance. If, thats true, and when the're all gone, time will turn yet again, and Rare Candies as we know it will become nothing more than a myth. A myth to quench are imaginations thirst.

Matt11
November 27th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Maybe they have nicotine in them and team rocket buried it so pokemon all over the world would get addicted and would eventually go crazy...

Lie Ren
November 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM
And another question...

How would the company manage to scatter so many
candies everywhere, and then trainers just randomly find them?

I mean... its like freaking Easter in the Pokemon world...

"Come on Pikachu, its time to go hunt for rare candy! --
Hey! Heres one behind this ultra-rare statue that no one
has supposedly seen for centuries! Cool!!"

Gah..

Matt11
November 27th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I have another team rocket scheme...

Maybe they put a tracker in each bar so they can follow the rare ones to try and capture them. Ash found one on the first day and thats how team rocket keep finding him. (the tracker gets lodged on to your brain)

Or maybe even they don't plan on releasing it yet as it's not finished but a clumsy worker dropped some laxatives that only worked on people 9not pokemon0 but they didn't want to take that chance...

HOW IS THAT FOR A THEORY?

Red1530
November 27th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Maybe the product is a beta for a greater piece of candy and an airplane dropped the candies.

The Fallen
November 27th, 2006, 04:10 PM
There can be many reasons behind it. I usually just tell myself it's just a game name and not everyhting is going to make sense behind what they do and how certain things are in the game(s). Plenty of stories can be made up as to why it is like this. Like some old man makes them every night and has his flying Skarmory drop them off in random places all over the world, or the exploding factory. o.o

Lie Ren
November 27th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Lol, exactly Clix... thats how I look at it too.
Its a game, not everything needs to make perfect scence...

But the rare candy thing is fun to joke around with... xD

Forever
November 28th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Mewtwo did it. x3, When it was born, it could do anything, so with that power...it made rare candies for the Pokemon that were powerful, but the powerfulness wasnt unlocked yet.

That is why Mewtwo existed for xx3

Lavabyle
November 28th, 2006, 05:05 PM
That's what they want you to think, you've all been straying from the main course. The rare candy IS the wrapper, theres nothing inside. Its like a wrapper-shaped poke treat =D

Kraka-chan
November 29th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Kraka-chan, I think I see where your getting at, so your saying that Rare Cadies were, or are still a prototype, that no body decided to develope further. So time takes its toll and Rare Candies become a lost knowledge, with only the fewest of the few remianing to proove the exsistance of such a substance. If, thats true, and when the're all gone, time will turn yet again, and Rare Candies as we know it will become nothing more than a myth. A myth to quench are imaginations thirst.
Yeah... They might even have been made long before the story in the first games.

As for the wrapper, the developer might have been wanting to give away free samples of the candy.

Matt11
November 30th, 2006, 08:41 AM
But the rare candy thing is fun to joke around with... xD

Exactly, thats why I'm still here...

Out of Ideas now :(

rogue
December 1st, 2006, 12:03 AM
Lol, I've been wondering this for years... XD It's good to know I'm not crazy and other people analyze this stuff to pieces too.

Ibuberu
December 1st, 2006, 12:21 AM
I used to think that Prof Oak actually asked his assitants to drop the rare candies around the region for me to pick up. XD

Yes, that was a long time ago when I first played Pokemon. Though it could be true. XD Some organisation who runs around and hiding/dropping them where you can find them to see if it works. Now, they are observing the Pokemon who have eaten these candies to see if they show any signs of side effects. Perhaps they think that the side effects won't start to show until years later, so they are still observing and not bothering to market it.

.... XD

Villianous Villager
December 1st, 2006, 10:56 AM
Here´s a theory, (I know it´s a game but...) Maybe, years ago, rare candies were sold at markets, they became so popular that people bought them all, one of the ingredients was a very rare fruit or anything else, it extinguished and they broke, some of the trainers that bought them when they were still on sale just lost some candies when they were traveling and that´s why we can find them burried XD

Forci Stikane
December 1st, 2006, 02:26 PM
They're a special prize for the Pokemon League Champion or random other people who win contests and they're dropped and forgotten about when their owner(s) is/are travelling around.

Or...IT'S JUST AN ITEM THAT GAMEFREAK DECIDED TO THROW INTO THEIR GAME!!!! Ever see it in the anime? NO.

Barboach
December 1st, 2006, 03:05 PM
Maybe they were trying to make normal candies and they turned out bad, so they had to throw them away, and thet seemingly make your Poke's Level.

DaVinci
December 2nd, 2006, 02:32 PM
After reading the posts here I came up with why there not sold and are found every now and then on the floor rapped up.

When Rare Candy Inc. Made there first product they thought it would be the best toothrotting candy in the world but after testing on sevral children who went manic and killed sevral workers they allowed a Bulbasaur to eat one. At the monet of chewing and swollowing it began to glow and evolved into Ivysaur. After more testing they discovered they made pokemon become stronger the comapany freaked and destroyed as much of it as they could but a few crates leaked out and the candy was spread and hidden for trainers who use their eyes to find them.

mrplanters
December 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
I have a theory on this rare candy thing, long ago when pirates still buried treasure. A group of pirates were so very rich from all the gold they had plundered so they decided to buy everything they could. After they had stopped buying things they realized that they had no more money! so they were wondering what they should bury, luckily a pirate had bought a whole sack of candy that was going out of buissness. He gave some to his pokemon and to his shock it evolved. Relising the candy was valuable he told the other pirates that they should bury the candy in different places to look for.
The end

Rune
December 3rd, 2006, 04:14 AM
rare candies are actually candies from Santa Claus who throws them to earth every easter?

Forci Stikane
December 3rd, 2006, 06:20 AM
rare candies are actually candies from Santa Claus who throws them to earth every easter?

Or they're what he eats during Christmas to stay so large and he just drops a few...

Scarlet Weather
December 3rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
No... you are all wrong. Rare candies are created by the old couples who work at the day care in their spare time, and they feed them to the Pokemon there, which is how the Pokemon there get stronger without battling. They are distributed when the old man and woman drop them while walking around strange and unusual places, which they both love, or when they give them to friends.

CyBeastSaber
December 4th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Rare Candy.... was supposedly produced as a prototype 'Vitamin'. It was created in underground health labs and enhanced with growth hormones that allowed pokemon ONLY to raise their natural powers, growth, potential and abilities... but to an extent. After testing it on some of the weaker pokemon to increase their potential, a comparison was placed on a 'Rare Candy' subject and a 'Trained' subject. The 'Trained' subject was... had more potential than that of the 'Rare Candy' subject and the 'Rare Candy' subject's abilities were less than that of the 'Trained' subject. The experimenters decided to abandon the project due to it's flaw of being unable to strengthen abilities anf potential, and already having made quite the amount of the 'Vitamin', the experimenters scatter the remains around the world via pokemon(destroying the project would had wasted millions of dollars put into making and enhancing the items). The items were hidden in strange and unusual places no average person would find(buried underground, the end of non-traveled paths, dark places, etc.). They were hidden until future ideas of enhancement came up. A list was also made of the amount that were hidden about. However, that alone didn't keep them from discovery from.... none other than trainers, who are quite curious about most things around them.

That's pretty much what I am thinking... ^^; Some of the ideas you guys had were pretty hillarious too...

Barboach
December 4th, 2006, 06:48 AM
That still doesn't answer why rarecandys are found on the ground on random places.

They aren't wrapped, they are just normal candies on the ground like any other item. I have a question for you. Why are there PP Ups, or HP ups, or Full Heals etc. On the ground? Same question comes back to the rarecandys.

Mudkip85
December 5th, 2006, 02:48 AM
I guess its just to help you to progress through the games to make it a bit easier for you to complete. It gives you the oppurtunity to boost your pokemons stats and level up easier so battles become easier to handel to if you havent taken the time to level up yourself via battling pokemon in the wild. Items like PP Ups and ites like these found on the ground also help you to save money in the shop, for more precious items like evolutionary stones.

I personally do not really like rare candies as in a way its cheating to beat the game and i do not like the use of cheats in any pokemon game as it spoils the whole point of the games.

Pacman
December 5th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Ok I have wondered this ever since Pokemon's first debute, and I cant find a answer for this never ending seeming question.

Rare Candy of course is rare right, and you can't buy it stores. But when you find it, it has a wrapper around it!!! If it has a wrapper, it must be made somewhere. And if everybody wants these delicious candies, you would think Poke'Marts would buy them to make tons of money from trainers. Well if the destributers of Rare Candy didn't sell them, where do they get the money to make more of them. It doesn't add up. Why would a company make such a great item, but not advertise, or sell it? Is it because every trainer would buy them, and pokemon as we know it would become overpowerfull? What is the answer? I get so annoyed when I find these taunting tasty treats. Are they moking us? Is this some sort of scam. Is there some rare Pokemon that produces this rare substance (wrapper included)? I just don't know. Now, I really don't exspect anybody to know the answer to this question, I'm just putting it out there so people realize things that they may not.

But if anybody has an idea, or answer, or theory about this question that makes me ponder every day, please, let your voice be heard. Reply so that others and I may sleep peacefully tonight, and the next night, and so and so forth.
I never thought of that. Maybe, a company made them, and PokeMarts sold them. But, their were complaits, because trainers used to much, to get high level Pokemon, so they cancel them. And they dump them over places, and sometimes, trainers find them.

CyBeastSaber
December 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Hahaha... come on Barboach.... I sorta said it was scattered via pokemon to different places.... *wonders if he really read it thoroughly*

Lavabyle
December 6th, 2006, 01:33 PM
There's probably just some elite breederwalking around the entire world with a hole in his backpack xD

btw, if i was a pokemon trainer, i don't think i would feed it a mysterious candy i found on the ground. Here pikachu, i found this suspiciously rare piece of candy on the ground, so you go eat it now. xD

Captain Arcane
December 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM
That still doesn't answer why rarecandys are found on the ground on random places.

They aren't wrapped, they are just normal candies on the ground like any other item. I have a question for you. Why are there PP Ups, or HP ups, or Full Heals etc. On the ground? Same question comes back to the rarecandys.

OHO, yes they are. If you ever had the Pokemon Yellow Strategy Guide, they showed a picture of a Rare Candy. Its wrapped in blue material with yellow spots, or triangles. Plus, If you play Leaf Green or Fire Red, It shows the picture too, The're wrapped.

But I love all these Ideas about them. Keep them comm'n.

Crosell
December 8th, 2006, 05:00 PM
wel maybe the rare candys are created a long time ago and there arnt many left ;) thatswhy its so rare if a factory would make it they will sell it like hell.
they dont are about the pokemon they care about the money ;)
so hear my story :D a long long time ago there was a guy called The candy maker he was searching for a great recipe to create the greatest candy of all and he succeeded years go past and the guy lived in fortune . but now in our time the rare candies arnt that easy to get ;) so thats why the mart,s dont sell it hoped u liked my story .

GOD I AM STUPID XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 8th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Mines is similar to Crossel, but what they did when they ran out of bussiness theygot Pokemon to help putting in random places and hard places just for trainers to never see them again. I don't know

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Voodoo
December 17th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Maybe they just needed an item that raises level, thought Candies would fit the bill and didn't try and put in any storyline surrounding their origin? :3 Nah, it could be a variety of things - Maybe they take ages to mature and some poor punter dropped his on the ground? Iunno. ;/

Cornicapus
January 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
i got 2 theroies

1.They scatterd them across the earth to keep Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma busy and when they bent over to pick one up some guy secretly puts a bomb down his shirt and they blo up in 10 seconds and the guy just picks up the candy for himself! its a win win situation

2. Or maybe rare candies are made by the Crab People under the earths crust and trying to make all pokemon fat so the Humans have no protection when they attack! but they screwed up the formula making the pokemon stronger... but the crab people never found out and they just keep making them...

OR all of the above.... which would make no sense but pokemon doesnt need to make sense.... yet

J
January 12th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Oooooooooooh, I say this could be good FanFic material. *got a million ideas*

But, I'm too lazy to type that much. >_>

omarfr
January 12th, 2007, 11:05 PM
I have the real answer. two words.

Michael Jackson

He's planting these candies everywhere for YOUNG trainers to find. Eventually he will reveal his factory and all the trainers will storm in. There he traps them and everyday he uses one for his umm...well this isn't the right forum to say what he might do.

Gokey Shuckle
January 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Maybe Rare Candies are evil and little bats fly out once ingested O,O

Goku Goku
January 13th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Rare candies is the Pokemon term for 'drugs'. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Sudowoodo12345I/yes.gif How they came to be...well, a bunch of drug-dealers make them, then distribute them. People like Team Rocket members and rebels also spread the rare candies to all parts of the Pokemon world. :)

Rune
January 13th, 2007, 03:20 AM
I think rare candies were actually candies that were made in Pokemon Stone Age. It was actually some kind of drugs that cavemen used to make their pokemon bigger so that they became expensive in the market.There was no pokemon battling that time and when they gave the pokemons the candy they just grew bigger or evolved. Until now, it was discovered that the pokemon's got bigger because they leveled up.
Rare Candy never got stale too so that they still exist but very rare. Eventually, someone managed to find the candy recipe.He then reproduced the candy and sold it but the planes that carried the rare candies got cursed and the plane fell to various regions.
That's why they are so rare

MrDreavus
January 13th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Team Rocket wanted the ultimate item that would level their Pokemon until they were mega awesome ultimate. But then they were discovered by a Wurmple, and they all screamed and threw the candies. Jessie's Arbok ate a candy and became so strong that it threw the candies all across the region. They somehow got in to locked buildings (maybe burst through the roof) and landed in places where trainers would find them, much to Team Rocket's distaste. These trainers could soon form a mega army against Team Rocket any day with their new weapon: rare candies. It is only a matter of time.

Shadez
January 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM
i know how it came

thay are made in the future but celebi took some to the past for him(or her)self to eat and lost some

chrome_angel
January 13th, 2007, 08:13 AM
LOL i never even thought of that before.

well if had to have a theory on this, i would say that people still make them BUT, they dont sell them. Rare Candy inc is a sponsored company my pokemon markets so they make them and scatter them across the region. so if Trainers/breeders are lucky enough, they would come across the candy and use them.;D

Seven
January 13th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I blame the government. x]