PDA

View Full Version : Wii - Hot or Not?

michaelh
November 29th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I should be getting a Wii next week at launch (me being British and all, y'now), that is, if GAME gets it on time. Damn Shortages. The Question is - Should I be looking forward to it, you American Gamers? Is it good? Is WiiConnect24 and the Virtual Console up to scratch (yes, I do have a router)? Anything else I should know?

Pazuzu
November 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Game and console related polls belong in the Other Games section.

~moved~

Esupio
November 29th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I should be getting a Wii next week at launch (me being British and all, y'now), that is, if GAME gets it on time. Damn Shortages. The Question is - Should I be looking forward to it, you American Gamers? Is it good? Is WiiConnect24 and the Virtual Console up to scratch (yes, I do have a router)? Anything else I should know?

I'm off to an event tommorow, so I can give you a full verdict then (being a british gamer)

Pikachu_Charizard
November 29th, 2006, 09:07 PM
One word, YES!
Only 7 days left till the release in Australia.

Kraka-chan
November 30th, 2006, 02:23 AM
I'm really excited becuse I'll be getting it for Xmas. Yahoo!
I don't know if I'll have WiiConnect 24 or the Virtual Console (since I don't have wireless). But the games for it look great.
And I am a British gamer.

michaelh
November 30th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Excellent Uzumaki Kaen, sound like fun! Keep us informed. And Yay for jolly old Blighty.

Esupio
November 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Excellent Uzumaki Kaen, sound like fun! Keep us informed. And Yay for jolly old Blighty.

Its.
awesome.
Seriously its worth all the hype I only played Wii tennis but I enjoyed all of it, I got beat but I was playing with my right hand and I'm left handed but its as fun as anything

Bippa
November 30th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Hell yeah. It's amazing. Virtual Console and Connect24 is great. You must get it.

Jeremy
November 30th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Well sweetie, here's 3 good reasons why you should get it:
1. It's Nintendo
2. It's Nintendo
3. It's Nintendo

=3

Now for non-fanboyish reasons.
1. Unique control scheme - The controls really make the game fun.
2. Virtual Console and Backwards comptility - You can download some classic games and play your GCN games on the same console.
3. The games - A lot of the launch titles are good and fun.

=3

Emma
November 30th, 2006, 11:51 PM
The Wii is hot <3 XD Okay, not that much but still! I'm hopefully getting one on Launch =]

caleb5050
December 2nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
I was about to get a wii but didnt expect to hear the guy say "srry were sold out"

Alistair
December 2nd, 2006, 05:30 PM
Wii is definitely hot. I have one (I am fortunate enough to live in the U.S.), and I love it. Wii Sports, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Excite Truck are lots of fun.

Amachi
December 2nd, 2006, 05:32 PM
I vote that "Not?" in the title of the thread be removed.

That being said, I wub the Wii, and I can't wait to get it >.<

... 4 more days for me.

Esupio
December 3rd, 2006, 04:29 AM
;2303708']
... 4 more days for me.

Oh I despise you. (not really but, shh)
5 for me.
We've had to get my grandad to stay at our house to sign for the package XD

Shenlong
December 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'm going to buy myself a Wii this Christmas as well as a new 30 inch flat-screen TV! :D

Esupio
December 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I'm going to buy myself a Wii this Christmas as well as a new 30 inch flat-screen TV! :D

I have a 42 inch to play mine on, Luff.
and a 32 inch to play it on if I have to move it from the front room

Pacman
December 5th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I can't wait to get the Wii.