PDA

View Full Version : The Upcoming Dub Titles

Pages : [1] 2 3

Charaxes
December 6th, 2006, 03:36 PM
With the recent influx of new dub episode titles, I thought it was time to make one big cohesive thread, rather than clutter the forum with multiple ones of the same theme. All titles courtesy of Serebii.net and always subject to change.

I'll start with...

Episode 456: May, We Harley'd Drew Ya! (The start of the Kanto Grand Festival and just horrible title)

Episode 457: Thinning the Hoard! (Festival Battle with Harley 2.0)

Episode 458: Channeling the Battle Zone (Festival Battle with Drew 2.0)

Episode 459: Aipom and Circumstance (Filler playing with Ash's Aipom as a king of a remote village)

More on the way.

Enjoy my first pinned thread. Awesome.

Forci Stikane
December 10th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Whee. I'm going to guess by the placement of the filler that Drew...wins? But that doesn't work with their final ranking...

And, yes, that first title is just HORRIBLE!!

Charaxes
December 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Apparently, this batch of episodes will air this week: 12/11-12/14. According to Serebii.net, anyway.

God, CN, slow down, please.

Forci Stikane
December 11th, 2006, 05:48 AM
God, CN, slow down, please.

Well, that'd go with my thread...

Yes, CN, for the love of Dark Charaxes' reviews, PLEASE SLOW DOWN!

Dogboy2709
December 11th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Well, actually, i kind like it going this fast. i could hardly wait for new episodes! but going to fast for me would be having 2 back-to-back eppys, and 7 nights a week. now THAT would be to fast, and i'm sure they have a good reason.

and again, that first title is horrible, talk about a growern(sp?) Pun!

dakelland12
December 11th, 2006, 08:58 AM
i want to see the episodes

Charaxes
December 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Well, I posted on your thread, Ichi, so direct all commentary about CN's crack speed there. I'll delete this post once I hear some new titles coming down the pike.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I can't wait to see the other episodes yay, I just want to see d/p series so badly

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Aether
December 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
ya i want to see the D/P dubs as well i can't wait... But the titles aren't too bad, i mean just remember the 4kids ones, those ones are terrible

Charaxes
January 24th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Double posting since no one else posted. I'll delete the above two posts after the titles have aired. Dub and Japanese titles are from Dogasu. The final two titles of AG are...

"Decisive Battle! (Satoshi) vs. Regice!!" is now "Pace - The Final Frontier"

"Satoshi vs. Haruka! The Last Battle!!" is now "Once More with Reeling"

One more left to go! And dear God, these titles are terrible.

Aegis
January 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Double posting since no one else posted. I'll delete the above two posts after the titles have aired. Dub and Japanese titles are from Dogasu. The final two titles of AG are...

"Decisive Battle! (Satoshi) vs. Regice!!" is now "Pace - The Final Frontier"

"Satoshi vs. Haruka! The Last Battle!!" is now "Once More with Reeling"

One more left to go! And dear God, these titles are terrible.

Really? Those are the last two? Wow... that went by fast.

I think the first one sounds like they ran out of titles. And the seconds sounds like someone is sick O_O

shadowedness
January 26th, 2007, 01:37 PM
There appears to be one more episode in that season according to serebii.net
The last episode is called "End of a Journey, Yet Beginning of a Journey!"
I'm not sure whether this is the English or Japanese title for it though.

heyadj
January 27th, 2007, 04:14 AM
That's the japanese title ^_^

ChrisG14
January 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
There appears to be one more episode in that season according to serebii.net
The last episode is called "End of a Journey, Yet Beginning of a Journey!"
I'm not sure whether this is the English or Japanese title for it though.

That's the Japanese title. I'm gonna guess it's something like "One more for the Show!"

Charaxes
February 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Serebii.net finally dropped the final AG title today.

"Home Is Where the Start Is"

Not bad, not good, but it beats some of the recent titles, that's for sure.

p o k e m o n
February 25th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Forci Stikane
February 25th, 2007, 02:56 PM

Really...? I thought they dropped it on the 17th...since, after all, THAT EXACT SAME SENTENCE WAS POSTED ON THE 17TH.

Charaxes
June 2nd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Two new ones from yesterday.

Episode 475: Like It or Lup It! -- Filler.

And Episode 476: Gymbaliar! (A Brock capture one). And I really, really have no words there.

Charaxes
June 7th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Double posting two more titles.

Episode 477: Setting the World on its Buneary!

(You can figure it out, perhaps.)

And Episode 488: Not On My Watch Ya Don't!

Obviously, it's the Poketch episode. Whee.

Wouldn't "Not On My Watch" just be more simpler? Whatever.

Charaxes
June 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Serebii.net posted yet another two today. They're starting the Sinnoh Contest episodes with this two-parter.

Episode 479: Mounting A Coordinator Assault!

And the introduction of Dawn's rival, Zoey, who keeps her Japanese name, according to Serebii.

And...

Episode 480: Arrival of a Rival!

Yep.

Charaxes
June 12th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Two Evolution-centric episodes coming down the pike.

Episode 481: A Staravia is Born!

Episode 482: Leave it to Brocko!

You figure out the rest.

ChrisG14
June 13th, 2007, 04:36 AM
All these episodes a week, and we'll be caught up to Japan in no time.

Charaxes
June 13th, 2007, 03:16 PM
And that deserves a topic onto itself. Anyway!

Episode 483: Shapes of Things to Come!

D/P's first Gym episode. Yay.

ChrisG14
June 14th, 2007, 09:44 AM
And Serebii reaveals another episode:

Episode 484: A Gruff Act to Follow!

Turtwig looks pretty good in this one.

Charaxes
June 19th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Serebii.net unleashed a truckload of titles today.

Episode 485: Wild in the Streets!

Episode 486: O'er the Rampardos We Watched!

That's terrible. And...

Ash's rematch against Roark.

Episode 487: Twice Smitten, Once Shy!

Episode 488: Mutiny in the Bounty!

Or the introduction of the Pokemon Hunters.

Episode 489: Ya See We Want an Evolution!

And a lot of Toho Monster eiga references there.

Episode 490: Borrowing on Bad Faith!

Or, another Contest episode for you all.

Episode 491: Faced with Steelix Determination!

Episode 492: Cooking up a Great Story!

Chosen_of_Manaphy
June 26th, 2007, 10:25 AM
O'er the rampardos we watched? C'mon! They can do better!
Try:
um....wait....okay, so i don't know any rampardos puns, but i'm sure PUSA(lol) or whoever the hell has the anime can think of some better ones!

Sweet Candace
June 26th, 2007, 01:41 PM
If didn;t know they editied the verse in the National Anthem to create the Episode title

From Nat. Anthem: O'er the rampards we watched
Pokemon Ep. Title: O'er the Rampardos we watched

Simliar, huh ? Personally, I think it's pretty catchy and goes totally along with the plot with Roark's Rampardos

Chosen_of_Manaphy
June 28th, 2007, 11:33 AM
It's too long though.
"May we harley drew'd ya!" was the best title because it was short, yet catchy, but "o'er the rampardos we watched" is practically a sentence!

By the way, which national anthem are you listening to?

Forci Stikane
June 29th, 2007, 07:58 AM
It's too long though.
"May we harley drew'd ya!" was the best title because it was short, yet catchy, but "o'er the rampardos we watched" is practically a sentence!

Except that "May, we hardly knew ya!" (the sentence that title is a pun of) IS a sentence.

shadow_ki6
June 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
i sound stupid but does anyone know where i can watch pkmn online?

Chosen_of_Manaphy
July 2nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
i sound stupid but does anyone know where i can watch pkmn online?

People make it seem a lot easier to get japanese epsiodes online than it actually is.

Charaxes
July 2nd, 2007, 10:05 AM
And this isn't the place to complain on such things. We have a Episode/Clip thread, see above in the forum, here. Whoo.

Hurley
July 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
HEHEHE lol Hardly Drew ya funny

Miss Reyna
August 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Hia everybody!!! I got some new dub episodes titles here. Straight from serebii.net. Teeheehee I hope it is okies if I post it here. This is the place to post this kind of stuff right? Here it is!!!

Episode 493: Oh Do You Know the Poffin Plan!
Episode 494: Getting the Pre-Contest Titters

There they are!!! These two episodes are set to air on Sept. 1st to start off from the break!!!

Charaxes
August 19th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Well, you kinda beat me to it, but no worries. Sept 1st? Awesome-o.

And Poffin Plan? They did not just use a Muffin Man reference.

Jorah
August 20th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Oh Do You Know the Poffin Plan is offically my favourite title ever. Its so bad that its actually funny

Scarlet Weather
August 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I admit it: The Poffin Plan officially puts PUSA out there as number one for horrid titles. And as if it weren't weird enough on its own, Getting the Pre-Contest Titters is just... Are they talking about laughing before the contest in a tittering manner? And what on earth does that have to do with the actual content of the episode? AS FAR AS I KNOW, TITTERING DOES NOT ACTUALLY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT OF THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE! *implodifies*

Yep, PUSA is worse then 4Kids when it comes to their puns from now on. Officially.

Charaxes
August 20th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I admit it: The Poffin Plan officially puts PUSA out there as number one for horrid titles. And as if it weren't weird enough on its own, Getting the Pre-Contest Titters is just... Are they talking about laughing before the contest in a tittering manner? And what on earth does that have to do with the actual content of the episode? AS FAR AS I KNOW, TITTERING DOES NOT ACTUALLY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT OF THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE! *implodifies*

Yep, PUSA is worse then 4Kids when it comes to their puns from now on. Officially.

Thank you.

I thought I was the only one who felt that. I think they've confused titters with jitters? Oh, I give up.

Miss Reyna
August 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM
OH MY!!! I knew that sounded familar!!! I don't believe I didn't catch it too. The Muffin Man!! Teeheehee It sounds really cute if they didn't use plan.

I don't know. I kinda like PUSA pun dub titles. I never really like the pun dub titles that 4Kids had for Pokemon and some of them just well. Let just say that I wish I could have just skipped the title page. I really perfer PUSA over 4Kids's titles.

Well I am kinda unsure about titters since well it kinda sounds like something else that sounds a bit unappropiate for kids. OO!

Scarlet Weather
August 21st, 2007, 04:41 AM
Well I am kinda unsure about titters since well it kinda sounds like something else that sounds a bit unappropiate for kids. OO!

Believe it or not, it took me five minutes before I remembered that "tittering" is a form of laughing distantly related to the chuckle which usually involves mischevious behavior of some sort, and during those few moments I was sure that PUSA had suddenly decided not only to reverse 4Kids policy about topics of a sensitive nature in Pokemon, they were going to add some of their own. (Hooboy.) Really, I can't wait to see how many parents are going to complain about the sensual nature of the title of this episode on their livejournals or whatever. Let's face it: PUSA booped up.

And another thing: 'O'er the Rampardos' is an obvious pun on the American national anthem. Looks like PUSA is still trying to avoid (gasp) CULTURE SHOCK!

Sweet Candace
August 21st, 2007, 05:14 AM
I said that already (read post # 27, Cubone)

Jorah
August 21st, 2007, 05:20 AM
And another thing: 'O'er the Rampardos' is an obvious pun on the American national anthem. Looks like PUSA is still trying to avoid (gasp) CULTURE SHOCK!

Oh, is it? I had no idea what that title was supposed to be about. We're not all American y'know heh

Well 4Kids had loads of Americanisations in their dub too. Rice balls were doughnuts, sandwhiches, ONIONS. Although they did change that near the end. Except from I think in a Morrison epidode they edited out something and put a Sub sandwhich thing in its place. I don't know what it was before but it was so badly edited you could tell. And I think quite a few time they made some of the characters say stuff like "My stars!" which made me literally laugh out loud.

OK, I've went a bit off topic...yeah, supposed to be about titles.

Well I knew what "titter" meant straight away. I suppose people just have to broaden their vocabulary...or kind of just remember it.

Scarlet Weather
August 22nd, 2007, 01:55 PM
I know what "titter" means too, but it isn't a word that gets used very often. I read a pretty even mix of classics and modern literature, and I haven't seen the word "titter" for a very, very long time, hence I almost forgot its meaning. [/justifying how a certified bookworm could forget that]

I said that already (read post # 27, Cubone)

Please, I prefer 'ACC'. In regards to your post, I did already read it and was just confirming your statements.

Well 4Kids had loads of Americanisations in their dub too. Rice balls were doughnuts, sandwhiches, ONIONS. Although they did change that near the end. Except from I think in a Morrison epidode they edited out something and put a Sub sandwhich thing in its place. I don't know what it was before but it was so badly edited you could tell. And I think quite a few time they made some of the characters say stuff like "My stars!" which made me literally laugh out loud.

Yes, we all know of 4Kids and their Americanisation. I was commenting on PUSA's obvious continuation of their great tradition. [/implied sarcasm] Actually, I think PUSA takes it a bit farther then that, as I can't remember 4Kids ever making a pun that's specifically American. Implied Americanism, yes. But never something that's a direct take, like "O'er the Rampardos". I'm wondering whether Francis Scot Keys is turning over in his grave right now.

Sweet Candace
August 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry, ACC, but you should have quoted me, but meh, I don't really care. As long as you straigten out. I'm fine

Scarlet Weather
August 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
So wait, just because you noticed a really obvious pun before I did I have to quote you? Fanboy, it isn't like I'm stealing a fanfic or a roleplay thought from you. It's a freaking episode title comment. It isn't like you slaved away for hours coming up with it. (At least, I hope you didn't. XD)

Sweet Candace
August 22nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
No, but I said "you didn't have to quote me", so please just calm down. Please ?

Charaxes
August 22nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Okay, okay, that's good, that's enough.

I find that funny with the Americanism, as it's getting more PC to avoid American references. Heh. Of course, a bad title is a bad title. Actually, I use titter a lot in my fiction. It's great. Hey, PUSA, use chortle next.

Scarlet Weather
August 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Okay, okay, that's good, that's enough.

I find that funny with the Americanism, as it's getting more PC to avoid American references. Heh. Of course, a bad title is a bad title. Actually, I use titter a lot in my fiction. It's great. Hey, PUSA, use chortle next.

You have fiction?

This I have to read. XD [/offtopicness]

But seriously, I'm American and I don't like Americanization. I really kind of want to experience other cultures through my entertainment since I'm watching an out-of-country product, and I feel kind of cheated by PUSA. Since when does watching cartoons cause little kids to experience culture shock anyway? When I was seven, I watched a couple of documentaries on other countries with my grandmother. I didn't understand most of them and I was pretty bored at parts, but I didn't go into "culture shock". Plus, I knew Pokemon was Japanese. It was pretty danged obvious. So why the heck didn't they just let it be?

Wow, I just vented. That was fun. Maybe I'll complain about this on my blog sometime. (Well, if I thought anyone actually read my blog...)

PikaPi123
August 27th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Hi. I just heard what the next titles are gonna be!

Episode 495: "Setting a Not-So-Old Score!"
Episode 496: "Driftoon on the Wind!"

And Dawn's friend is named Kenny. I got this info from Bulbagarden forums.

Charaxes
August 27th, 2007, 12:30 PM
You have fiction?

This I have to read. XD [/offtopicness]

But seriously, I'm American and I don't like Americanization. I really kind of want to experience other cultures through my entertainment since I'm watching an out-of-country product, and I feel kind of cheated by PUSA. Since when does watching cartoons cause little kids to experience culture shock anyway? When I was seven, I watched a couple of documentaries on other countries with my grandmother. I didn't understand most of them and I was pretty bored at parts, but I didn't go into "culture shock". Plus, I knew Pokemon was Japanese. It was pretty danged obvious. So why the heck didn't they just let it be?

Wow, I just vented. That was fun. Maybe I'll complain about this on my blog sometime. (Well, if I thought anyone actually read my blog...)

Yes, I do (100 fics+). PM me about it, I'll regale you sometime.

Anyway, Episode 495's title is confirmed on Serebii.net.

But as for Americanization, I do agree with you. Although, I think in the current climate, it could be part of the new acknowledging of the American fanbase. For many years, we never had that, so I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.

Oh, whatever. Heh.

And I, too, know how fun it is, venting on your blog.

Scarlet Weather
August 27th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Alright, as for the new titles, I guess they aren't so bad. (At least, not compared to "titters" and "the poffin plan".) They are, however, still a bit forced. It's as if PUSA is making every effort to avoid translating the original titles. What was wrong with them anyway? Are they too Japanese for the young children's ears?

Sweet Candace
August 27th, 2007, 01:29 PM
95 percent for them don't understand Japan, the only thing the probably know is that Pokemon came from Japan

Jorah
August 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
The Japanese! Titles!! Have too much punctuation!? For poor English people to bare??

XD

The Japanese titles aren't puns, they're like how some of the older English titles used to be. They're a lot more informative on what happens in the episode so its a lot easier to find what episode you're looking for. Its just that they're very exclamation marky haha.

Maybe 4Kids and PUSA enjoy making up puns for the episodes

Miss Reyna
August 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
These two new titles are pretty good and not so punny as the last ones if you ask me. Well the drifloon is a bit punny but it is okies. Not like they actually just ground them in there that bad. Teeheehee

Still I kinda perfer the dub titles over some of the regular titles that are in the original. Settling a Not-So-Old Score to me sounds better then Deciding Match! Piplup vs Prinplup. It just sounds more creative to me. Teeheehee Still that is just my opinion.

Charaxes
September 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
The Driftoon title has been confirmed on Serebii.net. Whoo.

To Jorah: at least, the Japanese are stopping with the Engrish for the moment (Look at the Champions sign on the Pokeringer episode). Rejoice at that.

Miss Reyna
September 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Well it does sound kinda cute. Teeheehee I like it.

Charaxes
September 9th, 2007, 07:23 PM
New episode title up on Serebii.net.

Episode 497: "The Champ Twins!"

An Ash/Dawn double battle. Whoo.

And nice jab at the Cramp Twins, and technically, 4Kids, since it was on the Fox Box/4KidsTV. Jerks. Heh.

Jorah
September 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I don't like that title. Its not punny enough to be funny but not normal enough to be normal. Ohhhhh yeah, the Cramp Twins. I didn't even think of that. That's probably why I don't like the title. Actually, sometimes I watch the Cramp Twins even though I don't like it much. You know, that's the first title that I actually don't like. Like ever. Its just weird.

I accidently clicked on the spoiler without thinking...oh well, it doesn't really spoil much.

Miss Reyna
September 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Su? I didn't like this one. I mean I knew where it was from but I didn't like that show at all. I just remember it because I saw the comercial for it when I was watching Mew Mew Power. Teeheehee

I have to say that this one missed a bit. Kinda right there with A Wailord of a Time. SU!

ChrisG14
September 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
What's next for a dub title?

Funky Lucian?
Ultimate Maze Shuffle?

Charaxes
September 10th, 2007, 09:10 PM
What's next for a dub title?

Ultimate Maze Shuffle?

Uh, actually, that's kinda the working title of the next Japanese episode (which airs this week, according to Serebii.net.)

That's pitiful and frightening! Awesome.

Sweet Candace
September 16th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Maybe it should be:

The Mix-Up Maze ! or something like that....

Jorah
September 16th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Cool, guess the title. It might be:

A-maze-ing

Miss Reyna
September 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Are we guesing the dub title of the next episode for Eterna Forest? I want to try!!! Or the current japanese episode?

We Want An Evolution! (For next episode)

Maze Mismatch!!! (Current japanese episode)

Has that one been done already? Not sure. Teeheehee

Charaxes
September 16th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Are we guesing the dub title of the next episode for Eterna Forest? I want to try!!! Or the current japanese episode?

We Want An Evolution! (For next episode)

Since they did "Ya See We Want an Evolution" for the B-button League a couple of episodes ago, I'm thinking no. I'm going with Jorah's "A-maze-ing." It sounds absurd enough.

Forci Stikane
September 17th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Since they did "Ya See We Want an Evolution" for the B-button League a couple of episodes ago, I'm thinking no. I'm going with Jorah's "A-maze-ing." It sounds absurd enough.

...Oh, come on, that's too obvious
(the first person to bring up "Gymbaliar" as a retort gets smacked). How about...

...Eh, I can't think of anything without knowing the plot.

Sweet Candace
September 17th, 2007, 03:17 PM
At least we know the episode titles can't get worse than "Getting the Pre-Contest Titters"....

Jorah
September 18th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I don't know the plot either so I can't make up a better one lol. Yeah, it probaby wouldn't be used as a title because its just...amazing XD I've just looked at the Japanese episode title and its Maze Shuffle! Everyone Hustle (I knew it was something about a maze) but..its SO cool! I think they should keep it. They won't but I still think they should.

I still think the worst title is The Champ Twins. I keep going to say "chimp"...I dunno, there's just something I hate about that title.

ChrisG14
September 18th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Ah, here are some new ones:

DP 30: Hakutai Forest! The Minomutchi Evolution Operation!!
Some Enchanted Sweetening

DP 31: Naetle vs. Naetle! Speed Showdown!!
The Grass-Type is Always Greener

DP 32: Beequeen's Amber Castle!
An Angry Combeenation

DP 33: I Like It! The Pokemon Transformation Convention!!
All Dressed Up with Somewhere to Go

DP 34: Buoysel! The Road to Being the Strongest!!
Buizel Your Way Out of This

I really hope we don't get a big wave of whiners after DP 34 airs. If you've seen the Japanese version, you know what I'm talking about. Oh boy...

Sweet Candace
September 18th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Dawn gets Buizel. Yee-ha

Why do everyone say Ash needs Water-type ? When he doesn't need one in the beginning ?

Charaxes
September 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM

An Angry Combeenation

I really hope we don't get a big wave of whiners after DP 34 airs. If you've seen the Japanese version, you know what I'm talking about. Oh boy...

Are those actual titles or you just musing to go with the thread? Anyway, Serebii.net hasn't said boo, but they will. And you're probably right.

As for the Buizel one, yep, I heard it all and I'm going to regret that one. Headdesk.

Jorah
September 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Serebii is always slow. Bulbapedia usually has it first but they haven't updated either.

I know that Dawn gets Buizel but...is there something else to whine about? It doesn't seem the big a deal to me.

Oh, I like those new titles! If they are the actual titles. I especially like Buizel Your Way Out of This it kind of flows.

The first time I read that I was *sure* it said I Like It! The Pokemon Transformers Convention!! XD My brother likes Transformers...

Miss Reyna
September 20th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I knew I was confusing that one with another one. Teeheehee Just didn't remember it.

An Angry Combeenation

I really like these titles.Buizel Your Way Out of This, All Dressed Up with Somewhere to Go, The Grass-Type is Always Greener really sounds good. Still the Buizel one is really creative kinda and doesn't sound as horrible compare to other pokemon pun titles. Still I am really looking forward the the convention one. There is this scene in there that I just love!!!! Teeheehee

Charaxes
September 22nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
Serebii.net confirmed all 5 of those today. Awesome.

Sweet Candace
September 22nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
All right ! No bad titles there !

Charaxes
October 16th, 2007, 09:20 AM
New title, people! On Serebii.net.

Episode 503: The Bells Are Bronzong!

Yep, it's the Lucian episode. Whoo.

About time they dropped a new one. I was getting worried.

Jorah
October 21st, 2007, 12:02 PM
Actually, its called An Elite Meet and Greet! http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

That's a much better title. I really like it

Charaxes
October 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Actually, its called An Elite Meet and Greet! http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

That's a much better title. I really like it

You beat me to re-editing. Heh. I dunno, I don't like it, but it wasn't like the other title was any better.

I guess I'm getting picky. Heh.

Nando
October 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
This isn't official, it's just my guess.

I think The Sinnoh Space-Time Legend will be dubbed as The Wrong Arm of the Law!

Charaxes
October 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
This isn't official, it's just my guess.

I think The Sinnoh Space-Time Legend will be dubbed as The Wrong Arm of the Law!

Not bad.

Anyway, Serebii.net finally dropped the dub title of the upcoming Dialga/Palkia exposition episode today.

Episode 504: A Secret Sphere of Influence.

That's not bad. Actually, that's the one of the best titles I've seen from PUSA. Not that it's been a contest. Heh.

ChrisG14
October 27th, 2007, 11:16 AM
They're running out of puns, for some reason, the title seems really obscure.

Jorah
October 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I like it! Actually, its only news from me if I *don't* like it haha because I like puns. But I like the alliteration in that title! I don't think Wild in the Streets was a pun either

Edit: Someone on the Bulbagarden forums found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphere_of_influence or at least what a Sphere of Influence is

Nando
October 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I've seen worse titles [Roserade ep come to mind? Do You Know The Poffin Plan! anyone?] but this one ain't great either.

You're telling me they had to stretch for a pun that didn't even really fit when I was able to come up with The Wrong Arm of the Law! in ten minutes?

Charaxes
October 28th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Not every title can be a pun. Look at Brandon's first episode, "Battling the Enemy Within" -- that's not a pun.

That's a phrase, but that's different from a pun. Heh. And better that than say, "Pace -- the Final Frontier."

So lame...

Jorah
November 3rd, 2007, 08:00 AM
I like the puns...I think they're funny, in a cheesy way. Anyway, apparently the next title is A Grass Menagerie. Apparently it was a play or something. But the only other time I've heard "menagerie" is in Harry Potter lol

Charaxes
November 3rd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Menagerie was also used for an original Star Trek two-parter. Anyway...

Not the worst, although, PUSA needs to quote someone other than Tennessee Williams before I pay attention. Bah.

Unown_
November 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
aninda91, don't make posts that are completely unrelated to the topic of the discussion. That's spamming.

Forci Stikane
November 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
New title for Episode 506: "One Big Happiny Family!"

Guess what happens.

(:P)

Charaxes
November 10th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Edit: Drat. You beat me to it. Heh. Oh, well. Title is a little too obvious, but eh.

Just as well, as I wanted to say thanks to Unown. Silly spam.

Forci Stikane
November 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Edit: Drat. You beat me to it.

XD Too slow, Charaxes. XD

Jorah
November 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Wow. I have absolutly no idea what happens in this episode...I don't like the title. I don't know why though. I like the last one better.

STEELIXMANIAC
November 17th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Here's DP 39: "Steamboat Willies!"

Anyone up for dirty jokes? XD

ChrisG14
November 17th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I MUST do the Steamboat Willies review thread. One of my favorite episodes and one of the most intertaining fillers ever, someone's playing a Saxaphone!

Jorah
November 17th, 2007, 12:48 PM

The hell??? That is a joke, right? I mean, even a 5 year old would get that o.O

Charaxes
November 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Source?

And keep it clean, thanks.

Swampert 22
November 18th, 2007, 01:12 AM
It's up as Steamboat Willies on the official Cartoon Network Schedule so I guess that it must be right...

STEELIXMANIAC
November 18th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Source?

And keep it clean, thanks.
I was kidding about the dirty jokes. And yeah, I got it from Cartoon Network.

Charaxes
November 18th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I MUST do the Steamboat Willies review thread. One of my favorite episodes and one of the most intertaining fillers ever, someone's playing a Saxaphone!

Well, we do owe you a filler. So, have at it; just tell Icha ahead of time.

And Serebii.net also reported on the title, too. Whoo.

Swampert 22
November 25th, 2007, 12:55 AM
The next DUB title had been revealed as 'Top-Down Training' on Cartoon Network. I think that's the one with Cynthia and Paul's battle.

STEELIXMANIAC
November 25th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Yes, you are right. I've been waiting for that for quite awhile now.

STEELIXMANIAC
December 2nd, 2007, 04:05 AM
I hope I can be pardoned for this double-post. =X

New title: "A Stand-Up Sit-Down!"

The one after Cynthia's battle. It's from Serebii.net.

Jorah
December 2nd, 2007, 06:49 AM
A Stand-Up Sit-Down hmm? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Up_Sit_Down

Charaxes
December 2nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
I hope I can be pardoned for this double-post. =X

New title: "A Stand-Up Sit-Down!"

The one after Cynthia's battle. It's from Serebii.net.

As long as you have a verified source for your title, it's fine. Just don't do too often. Shifty eyes.

I knew we'd pay with Sphere's title with all these wonky ones.

STEELIXMANIAC
December 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Hmm... This is a weird title.

DP 42: "The Electrike Company!"

Source: TV.com (http://www.tv.com/pokémon/the-electrike-company!/episode/1123452/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;42)

I don't know if you trust this source, but it's good if you check it out. I've included the link. Click the TV.com next to "Source".

Charaxes
December 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Serebii.net confirmed it today.

As for the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Company

PB
December 6th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Serebii.net confirmed it today.

As for the reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Company

That one may be related to the Fuego Ironworks behind florama town.

Jorah
December 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM
YAY! A pun again! The one's without puns are either weird or boring. You know, I've never thought of Elektrike sounding like electric haha. It reminds me of Harry Potter again...Mr Weasley always used to say "eckeltricity". The idea of him finding out about the internet is hilarious. I'd buy a book even if it was just about him using the internet or something like Mr Weasley's Guide to the Internet. It would be hilarious.

But I was also thinking of the Electric Company in Monopoly...I don't know why, I haven't played that in aages.

PB
December 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
The Puns are good but i think they are going to run out sayings to make puns out of one day.

STEELIXMANIAC
December 12th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Serebii.net confirmed a new dub title.

DP 43: The Final Nightmare!

Yay for the appearance of Mismagius! *jumps like a crazed guy*

Jorah
December 12th, 2007, 12:53 PM
What's the Final Nightmare a pun on?

STEELIXMANIAC
December 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Dunno. Episode titles aren't necessarily puns. They (PUSA) could've just made up this title, for all we know.

Or is it based on the fact that Mismagius will be giving a nightmare to Ash and co.?

PB
December 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
What's the Final Nightmare a pun on?

The Final Countdown?

Does that mean its going to be the last Sinnoh Ghost episode?

Charaxes
December 12th, 2007, 03:10 PM
It's a good title, but very inappropriate for a filler. It feels like a title against a Big Bad/plot, like Galactic with their experiments with the Spirit trio, or something like that.

Not that it would happen, but it would be a fitting title, now, wouldn't it?

Nando
December 12th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I think it's a pun on one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.

Charaxes
December 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I think it's a pun on one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.

I knew that title was familiar. Heh.

As long as they don't use Friday the 13th titles next: "Pikachu LIVES."

Or "Meowth Takes Manhattan!"

Dies.

STEELIXMANIAC
December 16th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Whoosh... Wrong title... *dies*

From Serebii.net... "Malice in Wonderland!"

DP 43 all right.

Now it should make alot more sense. "Alice in Wonderland" pun. XD

Jorah
December 16th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I would like another Meowth episode...

Malice in Wonderland!? Wow, that's actually really cheesy. At least Oh, do you know the Poffin plan? was actually funny. Hmm...I kind of like it, but kind of don't.

Charaxes
December 16th, 2007, 03:10 PM
"Malice..." That's horrible! PUSA, if I rescind my grousing, can you restore the original dub title, please?

Jorah
December 22nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
New title: Mass Hip-po-sis
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

lol that's going to sound funny when they read it out, its kind of difficult to say. They should've just said "Hippo-sis"

PB
December 22nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
Is it a pun of "Self Hypnosis" ??

It seems funny but I'm sure will have some repatative TR side story.

STEELIXMANIAC
December 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Mass hypnosis is right. XD

Charaxes
December 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
What a way to introduce the sand hippos. Dies. I think we're having a ratio, for every one good title, we get like three-five bad ones. Hmm.

Math equation, anyone?

STEELIXMANIAC
December 23rd, 2007, 02:21 PM
Next one'd better be good, 'cause Hunter J and Gary are in it.

Swampert 22
December 29th, 2007, 10:44 AM
The next episode title has been revealed on Cartoon Network.

DP45 Ill-Will Hunting!

Sounds a bit too much like 'Good 'Quil Hunting' from the Johto Journeys series.

A bit rubbish for an episode with J and Gary in it. You know things are getting bad when they reuse puns...

What do you guys think?

STEELIXMANIAC
December 29th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Rubbish is right. It may sound fitting, but it's a very bad title - even worse than "Mass Hip-po-sis!"

Jorah
December 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Hey, I like it...well, I like anything that ryhmes. Unless it's rubbish. Hmm. I can't decide if it is or not anymore. The more I think about it, the less I like it. Hmm. I'm neutral.

What a way to introduce the sand hippos. Dies. I think we're having a ratio, for every one good title, we get like three-five bad ones. Hmm.

Math equation, anyone?

There is a reason I gave up maths. No more ratios, trigonometry, pythagoras, percentages, adverages or adding! Numbers do not exist!...What episode number are we on now? XD 43. That's just so close to Japan

Swampert 22
January 5th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Another new title has been revealed on Cartoon Network.

DP46 - A Maze-ing Race!

Ok I guess, we havn't had a pun on 'Amazing Grace' yet!

Jorah
January 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Cool, guess the title. It might be:

A-maze-ing

HAHAHAHAHAHA YES! Who said my title was too obvious, hmm? I didn't say there couldn't be anything added to the end! Haha, I can't believe I'm so happy about getting an obvious title right. A year older but not a year maturer :/

So I like this title. Well, its OK I suppose.

STEELIXMANIAC
January 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
It's better than "Ill-Will Hunting!" so it makes me glad; for once I am happy about a title.

Charaxes
January 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Serebii.net confirmed the title today. At least, it was less painful than I thought it would be. As for Ill-Will Hunting, no comment.

Wish
January 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Another new title has been revealed on Cartoon Network.

DP46 - A Maze-ing Race!

Ok I guess, we havn't had a pun on 'Amazing Grace' yet!

Could it be a pun on The Amazing Race that Reality TV show? xD It' not the worst I've seen off the PUSA episode dub titles.

Miss Reyna
January 7th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Yeppie. I think it is suppose to be a pun on the show The Amazing Race. Teeheehee Not really the best but it is an intresting title.

Swampert 22
January 10th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I take it The Amazing Race is an American show... Well if it is about people getting through a amaze to some sort of prize, it fits!

Jorah
January 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I've never heard of The Amazing Race either. Good thing too, if its anything like Big Brother or whatever reality show...I just thought they wanted A-maze-ing in the title haha

Swampert 22
January 12th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Woo more titles! From Cartoon Network (www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/pokemon)!

DP47 Sandshrew's Locker!

DP48 Dawn's Early Night!

They're both due to air on January 26th so maybe we're going to get two new episodes every saturday now? Let's hope so!

Anyway, fairly plain simple titles nothing special or 'punny' about them.

Akio123
January 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Dawn's Early light is part of the US National Anthem so once again there is a Patriatotic subliminal message in DP 048 again.

Jorah
January 12th, 2008, 01:12 PM
It called Dawn's Early Night. Ehhh I don't get how that comes under the American national anthem...but then I don't know it. But then I don't know the English national anthem either XD

Akio123
January 12th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Wow, I'm sorry XD. However it still is a pun on the American National Anthem.

Edit: Dawn's early Light is a line in the American National Anthem, they changed one letter to give a spoiler about something in the episode.

Jorah
January 12th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Wow, I'm sorry XD. However it still is a pun on the American National Anthem.

Edit: Dawn's early Light is a line in the American National Anthem, they changed one letter to give a spoiler about something in the episode.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude

Akio123
January 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude
No need you didn't sound rude at all.

Anyway, I like the new dub titles alot.

Twinx
January 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Woo more titles! From Cartoon Network (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/pokemon)!

DP47 Sandshrew's Locker!

DP48 Dawn's Early Night!

They're both due to air on January 26th so maybe we're going to get two new episodes every saturday now? Let's hope so!

Anyway, fairly plain simple titles nothing special or 'punny' about them.

Has it happened before? 2 Episodes in one day?
Any reason for that? Anyone? :P

Swampert 22
January 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM
There were two episodes on when Pokémon Diamond and Pearl returned after the summer hiatus. Well, perhaps they're putting tow on because 'Dawn's Early Night' is a clip show and they didn't want to have it as the main new episode on saturday? It'll probably return to being one a week after that.

Charaxes
January 14th, 2008, 12:58 PM
No need you didn't sound rude at all.

Anyway, I like the new dub titles alot.

No worries, for text is evil. ("What was his/her meaning behind that? Was he/she trying to be funny?")

Anyway, Dogasu posted on the upcoming titles.

D/P 047
"Miru and Cayce and the Bottom of the Water!"
"Sandshrew's Locker!"

D/P 048
"Satoshi and Hikari! Head for a New Adventure!!"
-NO ENGLISH TITLE-

D/P 049
"Pokemon Contest! The Yosuga Convention!!"
"Dawn's Early Light!"

So, Dawn's Early Light isn't a clip show and PUSA is skipping it, like 4Kids did the first time. Oops.

Swampert 22
January 14th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Oh really, PUSA is skipping the clip show? Thats good to hear!

I assumed 'Dawn's Early Night' would be DP48, the clip show, as it was the next episode after 'Sandshrew's Locker' and because Dawn was having an early night, rethinking about her adventure so far, before the contest in the morning XD

Well, at least we get to have two good episodes on the 26th!

Jorah
January 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I wanted to see the clip show...it would've been annoying if it was the clip show by itself and we would've had to wait another week for an "actual" episode though. I'll have to see the Japanese version then...

So does this mean that after those 2, there won't be any more episodes for a while?

Twinx
January 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I wanted to see the clip show...it would've been annoying if it was the clip show by itself and we would've had to wait another week for an "actual" episode though. I'll have to see the Japanese version then...

So does this mean that after those 2, there won't be any more episodes for a while?

Well, if they keep airing episodes, pretty soon, Ash and Dawn will have their trade and Movie 10 won't make sense anymore... So I'm guessing there is going to be a pause?

I think the trade episode is near, am I right?

EDIT: what's the clip show about anyway? I don't get it...

Swampert 22
January 15th, 2008, 08:16 AM
The clip show basically reviews the whole adventure in Sinnoh so far and condenses it down into 20 minutes.

I guess you're right about it taking a pause. Although Movie 10 comes out in the USA soon doesn't it?

STEELIXMANIAC
January 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm guessing when Season 10 finishes we're gonna have a loooong break and the movie could be released during the hiatus. It's really taking advantage of the time. This could solve the continuity problem. Heh.

Jorah
January 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Dogasu said on bmgf that there's a possibility that the tag battle arc will all be aired all together on 1st February. He quoted it from someone at another forum. This is the quote he quoted from the person at another forum

Some weird stuff going on in a couple of weeks.

"Tag! We're It", the episode after Dawn's Early Light (whatever number that is), will be airing on Friday February 1st at 7:00 PM. After that, some sort of one hour unnamed special will air (could be two episodes too, as they're listed in half-hour slots).

The new episode and hour of whatever will also air that Saturday morning at 9:30. Any clues as to what that is?

Charaxes
January 15th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Dogasu said on bmgf that there's a possibility that the tag battle arc will all be aired all together on 1st February. He quoted it from someone at another forum. This is the quote he quoted from the person at another forum

He added this to his site today.

On the dub side of things, it looks like Cartoon Network will be airing all three episodes of the tag battle arc on February 1st starting at 7:00pm ET. I guess the network is intent on making the inevitable drought of new episodes even longer than necessary, huh?

Indeed. Given CN's past record (last Dec's daily BF episodes), I wouldn't put it past them.

Twinx
January 15th, 2008, 02:20 PM
May I have a link to his blog please? (I'm clueless)

Charaxes
January 15th, 2008, 02:22 PM
May I have a link to his blog please? (I'm clueless)

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/index.htm

It's not a blog, it's a site.

Twinx
January 15th, 2008, 02:28 PM
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/index.htm

It's not a blog, it's a site.

Oh.. I have that site bookmarked. Sorry for my ignorance.
I usually check it to see Episode comparison, but he hasn't done comparisons for a while now :(

Jorah
January 15th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Oh, I didn't realise he had it on his site haha. I have his site in my Favourites too, but I have it linked straight to the Episode Comparison page

Miss Reyna
January 15th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Su. I don't know much about what is going on with the episodes as in why they are showing all three tag arc episodes, I am guessing these are the episodes involving that tournment double battle, but maybe CN is doing this to start off the hiatus? You know CN could be doing this to end the season with a bang.

Swampert 22
January 17th, 2008, 07:52 AM
New title revealed by Serebii today!

518 - Tag! We're It!

What do you guys think of that one?

Charaxes
January 17th, 2008, 01:07 PM
New title revealed by Serebii today!

518 - Tag! We're It!

What do you guys think of that one?

Actually, that's not the worst I've seen from them. Although, it makes me wonder on the puns for the rest of the arc.

"You're it!"

Then again, Tag doesn't exactly have much nuance, does it?

Jorah
January 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Tag...lol...in my infants school the game was called "touch"...but maybe its for the best that everywhere else calls it tag hahaha. I kinda like the title, anyway.

Miss Reyna
January 17th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Teeheehee I find the name really cute. I like it. Teeheehee

Forci Stikane
January 19th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Two more titles for the tag battle!

Episode 519: Glory Blaze!

Episode 520: Smells like Team Spirit!

Courtesy of Serebii.

Jorah
January 19th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I don't know if anyone's realised, but there are 2 episodes on next week (the week after there are 3) So Sandshrew's Locker! and Dawn's Early Night are on the 26th and Tag! We're It!, Glory Blaze and Smells like Team Spirit! are on the 1st. Cool. So yeah, the season'll probably end then. Funny, because the UK is supposed to get the DP series a few days after that. Maybe they wanted to wait unti the series was finished?

Glory Blaze...so is that a pun on Glory Day? Haha. Smells like Team Spirit is kind of weird...

Charaxes
January 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I had to post to say on the new episode title. Just, oh, PUSA.... (Regains composure.)

Jorah, "Smells Like Team Spirit" is based from the famous Nirvana song, "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smells_Like_Teen_Spirit

Everything you'd ever need to know about the song. As for usage, oh, PUSA, you got me good, you just... oh/augh101010112!!!!

Akio123
January 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Great, so PUSA ruined a Nirvana song for me...

Tag! We're it...well I kinda guessed it would be something like that.

I like Glory Blaze though!^_^

Charaxes
January 19th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Great, so PUSA ruined a Nirvana song for me...

Kurt Cobain's specter continues to haunt me. Shifty eyes.

Unrelated, but I'm starting to notice that I've been the one pointing out the older references/hidden meanings of these titles. God, I'm old. And with this, I'm even older.

Akio123
January 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Unrelated, but I'm starting to notice that I've been the one pointing out the older references/hidden meanings of these titles. God, I'm old. And with this, I'm even older.
I do it too. I feel really old right now that I am lsitening to Nirvana right now. XD

Miss Reyna
January 21st, 2008, 07:57 PM

Teeheehee You are not that old are you Charaxes? Still I didn't know that but then I don't listen to Nirvana. Teeheehee

I found Glory Blaze to be a strange title. I mean it reminds me of the song Glory Day, you know one of the ending theme songs in the Japanese version but I can't really think of anything that could be punny here. I really doubt they would make a refrence to the original though.

Smells Like Team Spirit is kinda strange to me too but ironic considering that there isn't much team work between Ash and Paul. Teeheehee

Also I agree this will be the season finale too.

Also if anybody wants to know, there was a commercial for the three episode arc tonight during the KND finale.

Charaxes
January 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Teeheehee You are not that old are you Charaxes? Still I didn't know that but then I don't listen to Nirvana. Teeheehee

I found Glory Blaze to be a strange title. I mean it reminds me of the song Glory Day, you know one of the ending theme songs in the Japanese version but I can't really think of anything that could be punny here. I really doubt they would make a refrence to the original though.

I'm old enough and leave it at that. Before I have to get the motorized scooter. Heh.

From the phonetics, I think Glory Blaze is referening to "Glory Days." "Days," "Blaze," it rhymes. At least, that's what I can discern, for PUSA's reason for titles often confuse me.

That said, like many, "Glory Day" is my favorite ending theme, so it's all good.

Hundred Poke
February 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Cool!
Thanks! :) This thread is so cool!

Rikku
March 25th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Has the dubbed version of Chimchar's Tears aired yet?

Oh and when do the new episodes of DP usually air, CN's schedule is confusing me... @.@

Twinx
March 26th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Has the dubbed version of Chimchar's Tears aired yet?

Oh and when do the new episodes of DP usually air, CN's schedule is confusing me... @.@
Nop, that hasn't been announced yet.

There are no new episodes yet. Season 10 is over.

Terri
March 26th, 2008, 04:21 AM
didn't they say they were going to air two new episode of season 11 in april sometime? i remember seeing something about it

solopy567
April 7th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I saw that next episodes air on April 12...But thats just me

david12795
April 8th, 2008, 08:31 AM
They announced the upcoming episode for season 11 it will be called

"Tears for Fears"
It will be aired on 4/12 at 9:30 am EST, which is kinda early, heh

source: pokemon.com

Charaxes
April 8th, 2008, 11:20 AM
They announced the upcoming episode for season 11 it will be called

"Tears for Fears"
It will be aired on 4/12 at 9:30 am EST, which is kinda early, heh

source: pokemon.com

Not the worst title, ever, and makes sense. Either way, it won't be long, now. Heh.

And Serebii.net also confirmed the title.

david12795
April 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I thought it should've been called tears of fear or just keep the jp title.
but i guess it's all right, we're eventually not going to care anymore

Sweet Candace
April 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Tears for Fears? Intresting title. But it's certaintly not the worst so far...

Charaxes
April 11th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Serebii.net dropped a new title.

Episode 522: Once There Were Greenfields!

A reference to the third movie, maybe? But I'm sure it's something else. Watch this space. Heh.

Charaxes
April 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Serebii.net dropped a new title today (sorry for double post). It's not the worst title, nope.

Episode 523: Throwing the Track Switch!

Yep. It's the big Aipom/Buizel trade episode.

Daisuke33
April 19th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Serebii.net released info on the newest Dub Title for the 4th episode of the new season:

Episode 524: The Keystone Pops!

Charaxes
April 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Serebii.net released info on the newest Dub Title for the 4th episode of the new season:

Episode 524: The Keystone Pops!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Cops

In this day and age, that's pretty obscure. Heh.

Swampert 22
April 21st, 2008, 09:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Cops

In this day and age, that's pretty obscure. Heh.

Woah, wierd!

They're certainly pulling puns from some pretty obscure sources nowadays:\

Charaxes
April 27th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Serebii.net dropped a new title today.

Epi 525: Bibarel Gnaws Best

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Knows_Best

Of the titles thus far, that's pretty bad, actually.

Jorah
April 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Woah, wierd!

They're certainly pulling puns from some pretty obscure sources nowadays:\

Have PUSA just found the "Random Article" option on Wikipedia or something? XD

The new title is just...bad. I didn't even know it was supposed to be a pun, it just sounds bad.

Charaxes
April 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Have PUSA just found the "Random Article" option on Wikipedia or something? I didn't even know it was supposed to be a pun, it just sounds bad.

Good thing we have me, who's fluent in "Random Article" on wikipedia, and the hyper obscure. Heh.

STEELIXMANIAC
April 29th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Good thing we have me, who's fluent in "Random Article" on wikipedia, and the hyper obscure. Heh.
You should work for PUSA then. XD

Yuck. The Bibarel title is just... EPIC FAIL. DX

Charaxes
May 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
You should work for PUSA then. XD

Yuck. The Bibarel title is just... EPIC FAIL. DX

Maybe I should. Or, at least, I'd suggest better obscure titles. Heh. And EPIC FAIL sums up the Bibarel title nicely.

Anyway! Serebii.net/Bulbapedia dropped a new title today.

Epi 526: Nosing 'Round the Mountain!

"She'll be coming around the mountain, when she comes...."

I'll find research linkage later.

STEELIXMANIAC
May 4th, 2008, 08:44 AM
No. No. NO. The recent slate of titles have been incredibly made of fail. *facepalm*

Jorah
May 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD That's almost as good "Do You Know the Poffin Plan?" (THE best title ever) I think I like this one for the same (unknown) reasons. I think I do like this title because it's hilariously bad, unlike the the Bibarel one which is just bad. Yup, it's another favourite title for me! I think it's the word "nosing", I love that word, it's hilarious

linkage

XD Did you make thar word up? It sounds like a cool word, anyway

Charaxes
May 5th, 2008, 01:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD That's almost as good "Do You Know the Poffin Plan?" (THE best title ever) I think I like this one for the same (unknown) reasons

XD Did you make thar word up? It sounds like a cool word, anyway

I had a feeling we'd pay for "Secret Sphere of Influence." Heh.

Linkage? No, I think I heard it somewhere, or maybe I did make it up, and I forgot -- I'm so scatterbrained these days. Hee.

Swampert 22
May 16th, 2008, 11:48 PM
A new episode title was revealed on Cartoon Network this morning!

Source: Cartoon Network TV Guide (http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/xmlServices/ScheduleServices?methodName=mainSchedule&showId=430057&title=Pokemon&name=Pokemon&timezone=EST)

527 - Luxray Vision!

This episode is quite good, I've seen it in Japanese. It also seems that they are re-running some Orange Island episodes too!

Jorah
May 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Wasn't the Japanese version called Luxray's Eyes? That's very close to the original then haha. What's it supposed to be a pun of?

Akio123
May 17th, 2008, 09:41 AM
It's not a pun. It's X-ray vision XD. I mean You'd think they would ahve been a bit more creattive then Luxray Vision.

solopy567
May 17th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Those dubbers always put weird names to episodes to present phrases

Like What you seed is what you get

Or Pace- the final frontier

They like to do that a lot

Akio123
May 17th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Yeah, but those are puns. This is techncially a pun, just it's really lame and not remotely creative.

Jorah
May 17th, 2008, 09:50 AM
It's not a pun. It's X-ray vision XD. I mean You'd think they would ahve been a bit more creattive then Luxray Vision.

Oh yeah, that's obvious XD I dunno, I wasn't really thinking when I saw it

Pace- the final frontier

I LOVED that title! I thought it was really cool! I think that was Star Wars or something? The other one I really liked was "The Unbeatable Light of Seeing" but I don't know what that was a pun of. Was it even a pun? It's just a cool title, I think

solopy567
May 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM
They just use what they get from the translated title title

I bet they will include something about food in Restaurant Seven Stars!Tag battle for a full course!!

Luxray Vision is like that because well....Its Luxray, and the xray in its name pretty much screams out X-ray#

The Pace- Final Frontier is a pun of Space- The final frontier of Star Trek

Akio123
May 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
They just use what they get from the translated title title

I bet they will include something about food in Restaurant Seven Stars!Tag battle for a full course!!

Luxray Vision is like that because well....Its Luxray, and the xray in its name pretty much screams out X-ray#

The Pace- Final Frontier is a pun of Space- The final frontier of Star Trek
Japanese title of it: Luxray's eyes/ The eyes of Rentorer...hmma maybe it is kind of like the japanese version, but most of the time it isn't really a direct translation.

STEELIXMANIAC
May 18th, 2008, 03:15 AM
I totally saw DP 59's title coming. Some 250 miles away. There was NO way that PUSA would be able to resist.

Swampert 22
May 23rd, 2008, 11:24 PM
Another week, another title!

This one is for the Unown of Solaceon Town episode that features Team Galactic!

528 - Journey to the Unown

Not a bad title, I don't dislike it. Should be a good episode too,

Dawn's Aipom evolves into Ambipom!

STEELIXMANIAC
May 24th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Hmm... My guess was almost there. I guess "Into The Unown" but then again, the title isn't that far away from mine. Heh.

It's not the worst title we've got. In fact, it looks good when placed besides the recent slate of titles we've found out about.

Charaxes
May 24th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Another week, another title!

This one is for the Unown of Solaceon Town episode that features Team Galactic!

528 - Journey to the Unown

Not a bad title, I don't dislike it. Should be a good episode too,

Dawn's Aipom evolves into Ambipom!

Not shabby, at all, but I would have thought "To Know the Unown." Not only would they jab at 4Kids for the 3rd movie song (although, it was mega-awesome), plus it would poke at Team Galactic's mysteriousness and the dramatic irony, thereof.

But, that's just me.

Jorah
May 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM
It's a good title. Not too bad. Nothing really outstanding.

Akio123
May 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah, this is cleaver, but I think they could have beena bit more creative.

Swampert 22
May 30th, 2008, 11:51 PM
New episode title time again!

529 - Team Shocker!

This is for the Solaceon Town contest, where Kenny makes a re-appeareance. I personally HATE this title, what does it mean?

Charaxes
May 31st, 2008, 03:03 PM
New episode title time again!

529 - Team Shocker!

This is for the Solaceon Town contest, where Kenny makes a re-appeareance. I personally HATE this title, what does it mean?

I think it's alluding to...

Jessie winning the Ribbon, and that is a shocker for Team Rocket, yeah.

Otherwise, I believe it's a sports term. Personally, I channel this, instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_%28comics%29

Curse my nerdiness. Heh.

Swampert 22
June 1st, 2008, 12:14 AM
Wow Charaxes, you've cracked the code again! Good deduction skills, my friend.

How do you know so much about this sort of thing?

Jorah
June 1st, 2008, 06:17 AM
I would never have got that pun haha. So, I don't find it funny. I think it's alright title though. I preferred them when they were hilariously bad. Or at least when I got them *sigh* I know there's not a team called shocker, but as team names go, nothing, nothing will give me nightmares of cheesyness more than Team Meanies. So, it is not that bad.

Charaxes
June 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wow Charaxes, you've cracked the code again! Good deduction skills, my friend.

How do you know so much about this sort of thing?

Because I know the obscure? I know there is a term called "team upset," so "team shocker" wouldn't be out on left field. As for the spoiler part, well, that's just my inner writer talking. Heh.

And Jorah, check the team names for Dungeon 2, you'll die at their badness (Team Slacker, anyone)?

Jorah
June 2nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Because I know the obscure? I know there is a term called "team upset," so "team shocker" wouldn't be out on left field. As for the spoiler part, well, that's just my inner writer talking. Heh.

And Jorah, check the team names for Dungeon 2, you'll die at their badness (Team Slacker, anyone)?

Waahh, that's the Mystery Dungeon 2 name!? I didn't know, it's not released here yet...I don't think it's coming here till July. Oh well, I suppose one spoiler doesn't matter. Slacker. I really want to know who's coming up with these names. But still, nothing will be worse than "meanies". OK, this is really off topic now XD

Miss Reyna
June 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Well I like the name of this episode. It really is something intresting since the episode itself was a shocker to see. I mean not only do we get one but two surprises and one of them is like way above my head that is for sure.

I would so like this episode too. Teeheehee

Swampert 22
June 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM
New DUB title time again!

530 - Tanks for the Memories!

Maybe its like 'Thanks for the Memories' the Fall Out Boy song? I don't know. Thank goodness we finally get to see Ash in a maid's outfit!!! <_<

Jorah
June 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
THIS is the maid one!? I remember the maid one was in Japan in January. Wow, doesn't seem that long ago.

The title makes me think it's something to do with Miltank, not sure what the memories part is about (I haven't watched that episode)

Swampert 22
June 7th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah! Tank = Miltank!!! Guess it has some relevance then...

Charaxes
June 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Maybe its like 'Thanks for the Memories' the Fall Out Boy song?

Well, "thanks for the memories" is an old cliche that's been around for years and years -- way before Fall Out Boy ever existed. It's not used anymore, so that could explain for your reaction.

And, yeah, tank, milk tank, Miltank. At least, they didn't do a crossdressing joke? Dies.

STEELIXMANIAC
June 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Nooo, but many Ash fans will be swooning over his crossdressing exploits in this episode. XD

Miss Reyna
June 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM

Maybe its like 'Thanks for the Memories' the Fall Out Boy song? I don't know. Thank goodness we finally get to see Ash in a maid's outfit!!! <_<

I was so thinking that too!!! I mean I was so happy to hear that we are getting an dub title that was something I can relate to. Teeheehee Coolies!!! Thanks for the Memories. Teeheehee I was so thinking that this is such a coolies episode dub title. Teeheehee

Well, "thanks for the memories" is an old cliche that's been around for years and years -- way before Fall Out Boy ever existed. It's not used anymore, so that could explain for your reaction.

And, yeah, tank, milk tank, Miltank. At least, they didn't do a crossdressing joke? Dies.

Well that could be where it came from. Teeheehee

Well it could be Miltanks for the Memories which would have been kinda lame. Teeheehee

Teeheehee Expect Charaxes to know something old like that. Teeheehee *hugs Charaxes* teeheehee

Charaxes
June 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Well it could be Miltanks for the Memories which would have been kinda lame. Teeheehee

Teeheehee Expect Charaxes to know something old like that. Teeheehee *hugs Charaxes* teeheehee

Actually, I was expecting that, myself. Or I wouldn't put it past PUSA, as some of the recent titles have been stinkers.

As for the "Thanks...," unlike the past pop culture ones, I'm not as familiar with this idiom's origin. Then again, I was the one to figure Keystone Kops from the Spiritomb one, so who knows anymore?

Yes, I'm the oldest 26-year-old, ever. Hee. And thanks for the hug. :classic:

Swampert 22
June 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Another new episode title has been revealed on Cartoon Network:

531 - Hot Springing a Leak!

If you hadn't already guessed it's the episode with the Swinub Trio and the Hot Springs.. If I remember correctly, there was an episode with very simular themes to this in the Johto arc...

Jorah
June 14th, 2008, 05:51 AM
A hop, skip and jump! At least I get this one.

I don't know the Johto episode because I haven't watched many of the episodes in the middle

STEELIXMANIAC
June 14th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, there was a Johto episode like that. Swniub trio and a hot spring as well (the themes). The Swinub are named after each syllable of the species name itself (Su, Ein, Ub). Episode 188 of the original series: "Spring Fever".

Yeah, I'm such a nerd for knowing these things. XD

While not all that interesting a filler, it's passable in my eyes.

Miss Reyna
June 19th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Su. Kinda strange title. Still I kinda think Hot Springing a Leak'n to give it an extra umpa! Teeheehee Kinda strange though for me.

Yeppie. There was an episode in Johto where three Swniubs were used to look for hot springs and they would dig them up. I kinda found it strange that they could do that but still it is strange to see thing one coming up again. I really have to say that is strongly looks like a repeat of the same episode but then again. Sinnoh has been very intresting so maybe it be a good one.

I bet that Ash and Brock won't mention that they seen this before. Teeheehee It be nice if they remember that they seen Swniub digging for hot springs but nopie. I bet you nothing. Teeheehee

Charaxes
June 20th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Bulbapedia dropped the latest title today.

"Riding the Winds of Change!"

The Gligar capture one. Whoo.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP064

Pretty self-explanatory, yep.

Swampert 22
June 20th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Bulbapedia dropped the latest title today.

"Riding the Winds of Change!"

The Gligar capture one. Whoo.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP064

Pretty self-explanatory, yep.

Not a bad title I think, I don't mind one that doesn't have a ridiculous pun in it, actually I prefer them. Should be a good episode too!

Stronkadonk
June 27th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Look on bulbapedia right after the episode is on, it should be revealed by then! :P

♫♪♫♥Azurill♥♫♪♫
June 27th, 2008, 04:45 AM
With the recent influx of new dub episode titles, I thought it was time to make one big cohesive thread, rather than clutter the forum with multiple ones of the same theme. All titles courtesy of Serebii.net and always subject to change.

I'll start with...

Episode 456: May, We Harley'd Drew Ya! (The start of the Kanto Grand Festival and just horrible title)

Episode 457: Thinning the Hoard! (Festival Battle with Harley 2.0)

Episode 458: Channeling the Battle Zone (Festival Battle with Drew 2.0)

Episode 459: Aipom and Circumstance (Filler playing with Ash's Aipom as a king of a remote village)

More on the way.

Enjoy my first pinned thread. Awesome.

Too many episodes about Harley!

Jorah
June 27th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Riding the Winds of Change! is alright. No idea what it's about because I haven't watched it

Maxim
June 27th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Riding the Winds of Change! is alright. No idea what it's about because I haven't watched it

You mean, you don't have an idea what's the title about, or what's the episode about?

The title is a pun on a LEGENDARY song title.
The episode is about well... too many spoilers...

Swampert 22
June 29th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Another week, another title. This time it's the turn of Pachirisu in Hippodon's Mouth! For Americanisation it becomes:

533 - Sleight of Sand!

Obviously a pun on Sleight of Hand, a well known expression...

STEELIXMANIAC
June 29th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Obvious to the maximum. It'd be dumb to not get the pun. It's an average title, IMO. We've had worse. *points to Bibarel Gnaws Best!*

Jorah
June 29th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Heh I like the dumb puns, I find them funny in a cheesy way. Not Bibarel Gnaws Best though...Maybe because it doesn't rhyme.

You mean, you don't have an idea what's the title about, or what's the episode about?

The title is a pun on a LEGENDARY song title.
The episode is about well... too many spoilers...

Meaning I haven't watched it, I said I haven't watched the episode so I don't know what the title has in common with the episode haha. But I don't want to know, I'll wait and see

Charaxes
June 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Another week, another title. This time it's the turn of Pachirisu in Hippodon's Mouth! For Americanisation it becomes:

533 - Sleight of Sand!

Obviously a pun on Sleight of Hand, a well known expression...

Makes sense, as you-know-who returns, so the deceptive quality of the title is apt.

Yep, the return of Butch and Cassidy, and the debut of their wacky new Pokemon.

STEELIXMANIAC
June 30th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Makes sense, as you-know-who returns, so the deceptive quality of the title is apt.

Yep, the return of Butch and Cassidy, and the debut of their wacky new Pokemon.
Not just that... We can all look forward to a TR Mecha War. =P

♫♪♫♥Azurill♥♫♪♫
July 4th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Nooo, but many Ash fans will be swooning over his crossdressing exploits in this episode. XD

Lol! I did almost faint :P!

Charaxes
July 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Not just that... We can all look forward to a TR Mecha War. =P

Oh, yeah. Hehe. After viewing the spoilers, I just focused on the characters and their Pokes, and forgot about the rest. Silly Charaxes. Heh.

Daisuke33
July 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM
A New Dub title is revealed for the 14th episode of Battle Dimension. This one features Ash and co. finally arriving Veilstone City, where they Meet Maylene and her Lucario:

Episode 534: Lost Leader Strategy!

Through I much prefered the Jap episode title >_>;.

Deadly Arbok
July 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Apparently it's a reference to some odd business strategy used in corporations. Why use it for a Gym Batle, I don't know.

Charaxes
July 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Apparently it's a reference to some odd business strategy used in corporations. Why use it for a Gym Batle, I don't know.

It's also a nice double meaning for Maylene as she...

... lost to Paul, becoming disillusioned with herself as a Gym Leader. Her Lucario then slapped her upside the head, so to speak.

Why not reference the Peter Principle or Murphy's Law, then? Heh.

Jorah
July 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM
*closes eyes at spoilers* I like this title because of the alliteration! You know, there aren't many PUSA puns about Pokemon. I don't mind, I think I prefer it this way, I just noticed

Charaxes
July 8th, 2008, 12:57 PM
*closes eyes at spoilers*

That's okay, as I think we've become a little spoiler dependant, lately. Shifty eyes. At least, the wait time isn't so bad, as it had been in the 4Kids years.

Sweet Candace
July 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
How do these people come up with these punny episode titles?

Jorah
July 9th, 2008, 11:55 AM
How do these people come up with these punny episode titles?

Haha I was wondering this a few days ago. They must hire about 20 people to sit in a room and search for names of TV shows, movies and sayings. Another 20 are the people who make the puns out of the phrase the other group choose. They used to have 22 people making up puns, but the other 2 suggested to keep the original title.

XD

Swampert 22
July 11th, 2008, 11:22 PM
A new title was revealed on Cartoon Network for an upcoming episode today, for the second episode in the Veilstone Gym arc.

535 - Crossing the Battle Line!

Cue Charaxes for analysis...;)

Charaxes
July 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
A new title was revealed on Cartoon Network for an upcoming episode today, for the second episode in the Veilstone Gym arc.

535 - Crossing the Battle Line!

Cue Charaxes for analysis...;)

I'm starting to become an intellectual shill. Heh.

Well, the obvious line is "crossing the line." Although, there is a term -- not sure of the origin -- where "the battle lines have been crossed." I think that's what PUSA is going for, by adding the two.

Of course, if they were ambitious, they'd reference "Crossing the Rubicon" in that, which is essentially the same thing.

For unfamiliar: "Crossing the Rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to go past a point of no return and refers to Julius Caesar crossing the river in 49 BC deliberately as an act of war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubicon

Your mini-history lesson for today. Then again, PUSA alluded to the Keystone Kops, recently, so I don't know what their point of reference is, anymore. Heh.

Daisuke33
July 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm starting to become an intellectual shill. Heh.

Well, the obvious line is "crossing the line." Although, there is a term -- not sure of the origin -- where "the battle lines have been crossed." I think that's what PUSA is going for, by adding the two.

Of course, if they were ambitious, they'd reference "Crossing the Rubicon" in that, which is essentially the same thing.

For unfamiliar: "Crossing the Rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to go past a point of no return and refers to Julius Caesar crossing the river in 49 BC deliberately as an act of war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubicon

Your mini-history lesson for today. Then again, PUSA alluded to the Keystone Kops, recently, so I don't know what their point of reference is, anymore. Heh.

I would assume that by "Crossing the Battle line" this is a reference to the japanese episode, I think it was: DP 67: Hikari's First Gym Battle!. Meaning that since Dawn is usually in the contest theme she is stepping out of her battling style for a little bit to help a friend (Maylene). So Dawn crossed that line from contest battling to Gym Battling, it least for one episode >_>'.

Charaxes
July 14th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I would assume that by "Crossing the Battle line" this is a reference to the japanese episode, I think it was: DP 67: Hikari's First Gym Battle!. Meaning that since Dawn is usually in the contest theme she is stepping out of her battling style for a little bit to help a friend (Maylene). So Dawn crossed that line from contest battling to Gym Battling, it least for one episode >_>'.

Well, yeah, now that you think about it, you're probably right. Feels a tad silly.

Of course, it isn't like PUSA (or 4Kids, for that matter) ever explains the episode titles, or their rationale for the bizarre ones. My life would be easier if they could do that.

Miss Reyna
July 16th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Su. I don't know. I felt like this dub title kinda was more like giving me the military feeling. Maybe the world battle was what made me feel that. I mean it kinda makes sense what Charaxes said where it came from but it kidna just rought when I think about it. Su. Still this is a battle episode. Teeheehee

Swampert 22
July 18th, 2008, 11:29 PM
New title time again! For the last episode in the Veilstone Gym arc.

536 - A Triple Fighting Chance!

Finally we have another badge!

Jorah
July 19th, 2008, 05:22 AM
So it's just a pun on "a fighting chance"? Not really a pun then. I want a rhyming pun.

theprofessional
July 30th, 2008, 11:25 PM

I think Charaxes' analysis just got owned.

Charaxes
August 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
I think Charaxes' analysis just got owned.

Originally, I was going to be facetious about this, but I'll go the serious way, as well.

Serious: Sometimes, yes, the obvious route is the right one. My thought process has been known for taking the more obscure choice whilst the obvious one is staring me in the face. Granted, I'm less oblivious these days, but it's still a gradual process. Not to mention, my track record has been quite solid in deducing the recent rash of episode titles, plus the sheer fun of speculating. This is until PUSA bothers to give the fandom actual explanations for the titles, which I don't believe they will. Thus, it's up to the smarter fans to figure out what the true meaning is, as some can be real doozies to figure out.

I'm not going to lose sleep if I'm off by one or two, or ten. It's just a show, so everyone should just relax.

Now, for the facetious:

"Oh, NoEz! I was wrong-ed in deducing a theme for a dub episode title for once! No more perfect record for Charaxes! Oh, life is meaningless! Curse PUSA for taking a logical approach, instead of the usual obscure phrase or quote that the fandom most likely wouldn't grasp! Curse PUSA's use of logic! Oh, the paiiiiiiiin!!!! And curse my trying to educate the masses for old things like Keystone Kops and Roman history. I r made of fail!

Wry?!"

In either case, it's "Pwned."

Anyway, new episode title up, from Bulbapedia. Going with the DP numbering, as I'm too lazy to dig up the American numbering, at the moment.

DP 69 - Enter Galactic!!

I think the name and meaning is very obvious, but a little more clever for PUSA. I've always liked the word, "Intergalactic," and the always fun "Enter the (insert Big Bad's name)" that we see in media.

So, there you go. Enjoy your mini-phonetics lesson.