View Full Version : "Thinning the Hoard!" Episode Discussion
December 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Here is where you can discuss the Grand Festival redux of May v. Harley in the Double Battling, double dealing "Thinning the Hoard!".
My review to come forthwith.
December 12th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Well, so much for crossdressing Harley...and why'd HE get the original battle theme!? But then a random comedy from Aipom (and Sarah's REALLY gotten better!), and Ash finally attempts capture...but fails...
And, of course, finally May's onsl--I mean, battle against Harley's new Pokemon...and no damage from a Focus Punch?? But Cacturne got knocked out with one shot O.O; Hehe, it was over painfully for Harley, with a bunch of impossibilities...
Drew's face when he shouted at May...whoa. And their battle...I don't think Flash should work like that...and Sandstorm MUST have hurt Absol at least a bit...oh, and no Butterfree <.<*
And STILL no Aipom capture...hmm...Next episode, then.
Quotes of the Episode:
"One very famous so-and-so..."
"May and I are rivals..." (He said it so sadly...)
December 12th, 2006, 05:32 PM
...I don't think Flash should work like that...and Sandstorm MUST have hurt Absol at least a bit...
Exactly. I think that's the first time Flash has ever been used in the anime. Of course, Flash is the black sheep of the HMs, so what do you expect?
Well, this episode was an improvement over the previous one. I'll whip up a mini review later. But I will say "thank you, anime, for giving me a pissed off Wigglytuff." It's about time, I say.
December 12th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Overall I liked the episode. I agree with much stated above, but have a couple additions:
1. Harley filing his nails. WHY!? He's a guy (I hope), and that look of concentration he had when he did his nails... it was weird
2. The music when Octilary danced. That was just...odd. It sounded a little tropical, but with some birthday party style, and techno mixed in. Again..odd
3. Harley's Improvements on Ocatlary. Well, this goes along with the others, but I do notice its gotten a lot stronger, as Brock stated. It got him on the top row of results on the screen.
4. Harleys Cacturne disapoints. Well, It fainted in like what, one hit? That didn't seem to fit. I think PUSA was trying to get all attention souly on Wigglytuff.
5. Wigglytuff. Well, it was powerful. I liked how Brock mentioned "Thats not someone you would want to meet on a dark alley". That seemed to fit, sence Wigglytuff had that dark patch under its nose. I do admire its strength, but I don't really understand how May beet it, and the way it used its ears to attack was a little strange.
6. Dark Drew. Well, that was a side we've never seen before. I think it added a lot of character to Drew, but at the same time seemed a tad out of character. I mean, he's never lost it like that before, so this was strage. But it did tell us that he's worried May is catching up. And you can't forget that it's a major Contestshipping canon.
Well, thats all I have to say at the moment. I'll be sure to post back once this gets some more replies.
December 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
it was good except when drew turned all psycho on may i was really surprised and the battling was well......ehhh alright. may did good as always the thing that really caught me was ash and aipom
December 12th, 2006, 11:31 PM
gawd this ep sounds great. *twitches while searching to download it*
I heard that Drew turns and shouts "I'm not a WIMP like you!", that right?
thats a pretty good line and from what I have heard Drew sounds both angry and upset
December 13th, 2006, 08:02 PM
For some reason...Drew freaking out like that fit soooo much better in Japanese version.
I was expecting it too fit with the Dub as well...but I watched it, and it seemed so random. Still trying to figure out why...
It just didn't flow as well, I guess...
I remember thinking it was sad in the Japanese version... although in the dub it sounded like he was going to cry, which was switch, as I don't remember that in the Japanese.
>> You know...maybe it was what he said. "I'm not a Wimp like you" isn't what he said in the orignal... >< That could be it..
And this is really bugging me, if anyone couldn't tell... xDD
I really like this episode though.. x3