PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console

Kraka-chan
December 20th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I'm curious to ask if anyone has used the Wii's Virtual Console and has played any of the games on offer.

I'd really like to get the NES/arcade version of Mario Bros, but sadly I don't have wireless. My dad's PC is the only one that's linked up and he isn't even (bothered) to get wireless.

Please, tell me what it's like.

Thomas
December 20th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Yes I have and it is great!!! Here is a list of games I have for the VC:

Super Mario 64 (N64)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Donkey Kong (NES)
Ristar (Sega)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
Bomberman 93 (Trubo)
SimCity (SNES)

But I can't wait for Super Mario Bros (NES) to come out this monday!! I am downloading it the minute the VC gets updated! It will be a mini Christmas present to myself. I have 1000 points still on the VC so I'll use those.

TRIFORCE89
December 21st, 2006, 05:35 PM
To the best of my knowledge they are emulated. The games are also afected by the region of your Wii console. If it's PAL, the games will be like the old PAL games and feature 50 FPS (as opposed to 60 like Japan and NTSC) and smaller sized screen. So, if you have a big HDTV, things'll be squishy and slow.

Whatever you're region if your Wii is set to play in widescreen, then the video will also change. If you've played a GCN game you would've noticed this, but... the Wii will stretch out the video to fill the screen (and it does a fine job I might add, better than my TV did to big with - which I already though was excellent). So, keep in mind your games may appear a tad bit stretch since they didn't originally support a 16:9 format.

Forci Stikane
December 25th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I'm more excited about the batch of games coming next year--Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid, Mario Kart 64,...it'll be fun.

Morkula
December 25th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I have three VC games - Super Mario 64, Gunstar Heroes, and Super Mario Bros. There are a few Genesis games I want, but I'm just gonna get the Sega Genesis Collection for PS2 sometime, and that'll save a lot of money.

I really want Super Mario RPG. I've never played it before.

Thomas
December 27th, 2006, 12:03 AM
I got a new one! Street Fighter II The World Warrior. Also I'm gonna download Super Mario Bros. later.