PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting Wii For Christmas.

Nuke
December 5th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I am, pre-ordered getting Zelda with it.

Pacman
December 5th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I dunno. I wish. But, I doubt it.

Cloud_boy
December 5th, 2006, 04:43 PM
No, I already have one. But I'm gonna give my girlfriend one.

Icy42
December 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I hope to get one... My mom says she's gonna do her best to get one for us.

Aether
December 5th, 2006, 05:38 PM
ya i really hope to get one for xmas, but i already saved up for it anyway, so even if i don't get it for xmas i'll still be a-ok ^^

The Fallen
December 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I personally don't like it. It seems just...weird. I may get it later on, but Im in no rush. So, my answer is no, I will not be getting it for Christmas.

Pikabloo
December 6th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Maybe... I'm not that exited about it, so I might wait until my birthday next year, in June...

Mudkip85
December 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I have to say it looked awsome the first time i saw it so i pre-ordered it the first chance i had to do it. Despite getting all excited over the Wii, a couple of weeks back and after reading many reviews and previews of its games, i just felt that it was really weird and doubted the fact that if it was going to run smoothly with its wirless motion control. Also i saw that graphics wise it wasnt t good wither so im not going to get it for christmas.

But im sure ill get it eventually seeming nintendo is the heart of pokemon games!

Matt11
December 6th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I preordered it and I'm getting it on friday 12.00 pm with zelda and wii play (cuz of the control) nunchuck too...

Forci Stikane
December 6th, 2006, 05:26 PM
i just felt that it was really weird and doubted the fact that if it was going to run smoothly with its wirless motion control. Also i saw that graphics wise it wasnt t good wither

BLASPHEMY! The control scheme works perfectly, and the graphics are EXACTLY like a PS3 on a non-HDTV screen.

Amachi
December 7th, 2006, 05:55 AM
I've already got one. How could you wait?!!

I have to say it looked awsome the first time i saw it so i pre-ordered it the first chance i had to do it. Despite getting all excited over the Wii, a couple of weeks back and after reading many reviews and previews of its games, i just felt that it was really weird and doubted the fact that if it was going to run smoothly with its wirless motion control. Also i saw that graphics wise it wasnt t good wither so im not going to get it for christmas.
Wait. So you haven't actually played it? Then who are you to judge on the controls.

I've just been playing for the past 5 hours or so (o.o), and I believe that the controls are perfect.

So don't go basing your judgement off the critique of others who probably couldn't be bothered to stand up to bowl ... and I'm being serious.

As Ichapokemr said, the graphics are the same as a PS3 without HDTV. While that still may not convince you, remember that the console has just been launch, so the height of it's full capabilities hasn't been reached yet. And besides, the Wii is about game play - not graphics.

Once you start playing WiiSports, you'll never wanna stop, despite it's simple graphics and simple game play.

Get.One.Now.

Barboach
December 7th, 2006, 05:56 AM
I am. Can't wait to play TP.

Amachi
December 7th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Already have.

And it is awesome.

I'd play more, but it's 1AM, I have school tomorrow and my eyes need a break XD

Forci Stikane
December 7th, 2006, 06:20 AM
......I didn't have the money, so I couldn't get one yet...I'd better get one for Christmas, or......I might kyll myself out of disappointment....

(No, that isn't a typo)

Matt11
December 7th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I played it a a show thingie and the controls were really good, except for bowling. No one could get that right.

Getting the Wii tonight at 12 :D

Arcanine
December 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM

But im sure ill get it eventually seeming nintendo is the heart of pokemon games!
Being a Wii owner I can say for sure that the controls for the Wii is really great and right on on many games. Don't listen to them reviews that say "The controls are bad, the system is bad" and so on. And if you're getting your reviews from GameSpot then forget them reviews. GS hates the Wii.

I already got my Wii (AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!). So I will say good luck to all of you wanting one for Christmas. It will likely be hard finding one if you don't already got it.

Timbjerr
December 7th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I've been looking for a Wii every payday since it launched, but to no avail. I've resolved to wait until after the new year to get one.

Although my dad has subtly hinted at me that he would buy one for me...

Jeremy
December 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Need...Wii...to...live...sweeties...

Otherwords, yes I am aswell, sweeties. xD

Cherrim
December 9th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Technically, yes, I'm getting one for Christmas. Chances are I won't actually own it until the new year, though, since they're impossible to find. My parents were going to get my brother and I one as an early Christmas gift this year, but we've yet to obtain one despite looking everywhere since launch. :\

parallelzero
December 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I didn't know until yesterday, but yes I'm getting one. My dad actually bought me one off of ebay, and I'm getting Twightlight Princess and Red Steel with it. So... Yay? XD

JNJ
December 18th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Have you been lucky enough to get a Nintendo wii console if so whats it like?
Which games have you bought and which are any good?
What are the consoles best features is it the game play,remote,the wii channels etc?
im thinking of buying one just wating till the rush calms down and so i can get others reviews before i do buy one

Pazuzu
December 18th, 2006, 12:17 PM
This would be more fitting in the Other Games section.

~moved~

Jolty-kun
December 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Darnit, they got sold out in the English market, I didn't get chance to get one. >_<

Suki
December 18th, 2006, 01:11 PM
My sister has bought a Wii cuz she pre-ordered it. She's played on it and her bf is so obssessed playing Zelda on it.

I heard the straps on the Wii easily break off if you throw it around too hard, so you gotta be careful with it. I haven't played the Wii yet.

Crimson Majestic
December 18th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I'm in no rush to contend with the newly-released Wii, when I'm still working on the DS, GBA, and PS2 collection.

I think I'll wait until this next Summer Break. By then, I'll have more money and more games will be released.

Esupio
December 20th, 2006, 02:55 AM
BLASPHEMY! The control scheme works perfectly, and the graphics are EXACTLY like a PS3 on a non-HDTV screen.

Uh. No. I highly doubt it.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Owned Jolty XD
Got mine on launch.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 20th, 2006, 05:05 AM
same here got mine on launch... zelda wasnt as good as i thought it was gonna be...

Esupio
December 20th, 2006, 05:30 AM
same here got mine on launch... zelda wasnt as good as i thought it was gonna be...

Everyone made TOO Much hype about it, thus making everyone think that it would be: THE BEST GAME EVER CREATED!11!!1!sixteyfour!

Aegis
December 20th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Well, I hope to get one, but I'm not expecting it. I know they're hard to find, so I bet I'll get an I O U, witch is fine by me ^^

Thomas
December 20th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I already have a Wii, so no. I got a preorder at EB Games in October so I got to go and get mine on the launch day at midnight.

Alistair
December 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I heard the straps on the Wii easily break off if you throw it around too hard, so you gotta be careful with it. I haven't played the Wii yet.

Actually, most of that crap is a hoax.

Anyway, I already have one with Twilight Princess and Excite Truck. I think I might get Red Steel for Christmas.

And for all you who are worried about the control scheme, it is excellent. Wii Sports is also an excellent pack-in game. (I got pro in bowling the first day I had the Wii. Sparkly ball!)

Digiko
December 20th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I wish... My parents are WAY too cheap to get me the Wii. My mom said "later" and "later" means "NEVR!!!!!!11111111" xD

Well, I'll get it eventually. I so want the new Paper Mario that'll be out! <3

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
December 21st, 2006, 07:04 AM
new paper mario??? thats a first i have only heard about a new harvest moon and maybe a possability of a next zelda game.

Esupio
December 23rd, 2006, 02:21 AM
new paper mario??? thats a first i have only heard about a new harvest moon and maybe a possability of a next zelda game.

Thats Super Paper Mario. Originally a GC game, wether its been transfered to the Wii i'm not sure

Koriaku
December 23rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
I contacted Nintendo and for sure it's for GC and Wii (Super Paper Mario) it's just the release dates that I couldn't get.

Koriaku
December 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know where I could order or back-order a Wii from online? I don't wanna use E-Bay. Also if ur in Ontario, the Golden Mile Supercentre (Zellers) should have Wiis in stock for Boxing Day!

Phone Number - (416) 285-8488

parallelzero
December 23rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
I'm afraid I can't help you much, other than by referring you to Google. Search for "Wii Tracker Canada." It should bring up various sites that keep an up-to-date list of sites that have Wiis available.

Although, if you look hard enough, you can get some decent deals on ebay. I got mine off ebay for $350 CAN. It came with TP, and I got it from London, Ontario with a reciept. So, I can return it if something goes wrong.

Nuke
December 26th, 2006, 10:17 AM
I've got mine now it's amazing.
I've played around 10 hours since yesterday.