PDA

View Full Version : The new D/P Fire Stater Poll

Captain Arcane
December 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM
WHAT WAS NINTEDO THINKING? DID SOMEONE DRAW THAT THING BLINDFOLDED.

I swear.................Ok, anyway, yah, choose what you think about this Pokemon.
I chose retarded looking.

Sorry, I chose Rather Not Look At It.

MUSION
December 27th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I know what you mean, I don't like it either. I was disappointed with all the new starters really.

Captain Arcane
December 27th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Well, I like the other two, I just can't stand that sorry excuse for a monkey.

Poké King
December 27th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Ya it looks stupid course Naetle looks more retarded. But I will say both of them have decent looking evolutions, I especially like Moukazaru. But in the end Pochama and its evolutions overall are the best visually because they fit better with the overall aesthetics we have come to expect from Pokémon.

Also this will probably be moved to the Diamond and Pearl (DS) section.

Yami Rui
December 28th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Their actually quite okay looking IMO. Not the best ever created but hey no reason to call them retarded. {That's just sad}

Goukzaru looks like a excellent powerhouse IMO.

Mudkip85
December 28th, 2006, 05:36 AM
I have no problem at all with the fire starter (Hikozaru) of the new generation of pokemon. My only real concern for this starter is its evolution stages as it hardly changes in its appearance i mean sure it get alot taller but thats abot it.

~Kipper~

dakelland12
December 28th, 2006, 06:47 AM
what do they look like ? ?

Smarties-chan
December 28th, 2006, 07:18 AM
WHAT WAS NINTEDO THINKING? DID SOMEONE DRAW THAT THING BLINDFOLDED.

I swear.................Ok, anyway, yah, choose what you think about this Pokemon.
I chose retarded looking.

Sorry, I chose Rather Not Look At It.
So you dislike a Pokémon and make a thread just so you can say you don't like it and see how many other Hikozaru haters there are? Very mature... almost as mature as having an option like ''Retarded looking.'' I hardly see how that monkey is mentally challenged. -.-

Seriously, what's up with everyone hating Hikozaru? Okay, it isn't cute and fluffy, nor is it a killer with huge claws and teeth, big, freakin' whoop! Yes, Hikozaru has a rather plain design, but I like it that way. Everyone keeps complaining how the new Pokémon aren't like the ones from the first generation, yet hate the Sinnoh starter that's most like the Kanto Pokémon. Kanto Pokémon were simple in design, so is Hikozaru; they didn't try making the Kanto Pokémon look disgustingly cute like Pochama, neither did they do that to Hikozaru. Some people consider the Hikozaru line a rip-off of the Torchic line, but I actually prefer a masked monkey over an overgrown chicken.

If it wasn't for my fondness of the Grass type, Hikozaru would be my favorite Sinnoh starter.

I hardly see the point of this thread, by the way. They tried way too hard on making Pochama cute and managed to make it so disgustingly cute I can't bare to look at it, and yet, I see no threads that are clearly meant to flame it. -.- Hikozaru looks awesome, end of story. I don't, however, consider it cool, but I'll still vote for very cool looking because it looks awesome.
Their actually quite okay looking IMO. Not the best ever created but hey no reason to call them retarded. {That's just sad}
Especially considering it's very insulting. <.< I have a friend with a mentally challenged sister, which makes me really angry when I see an option like ''lol eet r retarded (that means the the same thing as mentally challenged, by the way. <.<) >:'' meant as an insult on a poll.

Eternal Nightmare
December 28th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I voted okay looking. I really dosent look stupid to me. I love all fire staters so i am definitly going to choose as a starter. Even though it elves into a fire/fighting type it still wont compare to Blaziken.

Pacman
December 28th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I don't like it...........

ChrisG14
December 28th, 2006, 10:41 AM
It's not retarded. I just won't pick it. I hate those Fire starter fanboys and fangirls who don't like it because it won't evolve into some lame Dragon or Ecidnna or stupid chicken. Grass and water forever baby!

Chibi-chan
December 28th, 2006, 10:47 AM
I don't like them whatsoever. >_> The only reason I want DP is to trade my Emerald Pokemon and put them on Battle Revolution for Wii. These new generation Pokemon...I could care less.

.Bastion
December 28th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I'm really unsure about this generation's starters. I'm not really too excited about them but my opinion keeps changing about them. I originally liked Pocchama but I don't like it's last evolution...I really don't even see how it can move very well at all... -_-;

Now that I'm not as interested in him anymore, Hikozaru and Naetle are starting to attract my interest as well...

I want to see if Hikozaru can beat out the torchic line because even if people don't want to admit it, there is going to be some competition between the two to see who is the better one. Hopefully it'll be the Hikozaru line so D/P can get some respect as far as this generation's pokemon are concerned. Design wise I think they did a simplistic design and an overall good job.

Naetle's line just look like the perfect tanks IMO. The way they were drawn makes them look like they were meant to be sturdy. I would really like to see it face off with a Venusaur since their tankish design makes them somewhat similar plus they got a ground typing which makes a unique combination.

I think they can end up as another great round of starters but I still believe that they need to hire some new designers for the next generation. Due to lack of creativity with the rest of generation (All the prevos and evos)

Nuke
December 29th, 2006, 08:22 AM
The fire monkey is okay its evos look terrible tho.
But they're certainly not as bad as the grass starter and its evos.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
December 29th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Its not that bad. Its not good, but I've seen worse(like its evolutions, for example).

Master Charizard
December 29th, 2006, 02:23 PM
It looks very retarded. I had a tradition of always choosing the fire starter when I got a new pokemon game but now I'm gonna break that tradition because I'm getting the grass starter because the fire starter (and it's evolutions) look RETARDED.

Generally all the grass, water and fire starters in all generations are decent, the grass and water are okay but now us firefans get a retarded little monkey with fire coming out of it's butt. I HATE IT.

Poké King
December 29th, 2006, 02:29 PM
It looks very retarded. I had a tradition of always choosing the fire starter when I got a new pokemon game but now I'm gonna break that tradition because I'm getting the grass starter because the fire starter (and it's evolutions) look RETARDED.
Yes, I had that tradition to and alas I may change it to because of this fur ball. If I do I'll probably choose Pochama as its the only decent looking one.

Master Charizard
December 29th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Yes, I had that tradition to and alas I may change it to because of this fur ball. If I do I'll probably choose Pochama as its the only decent looking one.

I will probaly go for the grass starter but I might think about the water starter too becasue I like it's 3rd evolution for some reason. I probaly won't pick the fire starter for a LONG time and when I catch more pokemon It will go straight in to the PC.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
when I 1st seen it I want to stab my eyeballs out, its weird and when I seen the evo..... you don't want to know what I want to do

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Captain Arcane
December 30th, 2006, 05:57 PM
It's not retarded. I just won't pick it. I hate those Fire starter fanboys and fangirls who don't like it because it won't evolve into some lame Dragon or Ecidnna or stupid chicken. Grass and water forever baby!

Well, I never did like of any fire starter pokemon very much, but when I first saw this, this thing, I practically fell off my chair. And just to get some of you people off my back, I'm sorry for calling it retarded looking, thats just my opinion, M'kay. I can't help it if Nintendo draws a horrible Pokemon. I mean I like it, but like I said, I rather not look at it. But its final evolution though, that thing is just,...... I can't even explain.

Gulpin
December 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I think the fire and water ones are cute. Then the grass one looks ugly. The evo's of them all are cool. The third evo of Pochama is odd looking- I hate it. The third evo of the fire starter is very cool. Then the third evo of the grass one is just plain weird. Over looks I'mm choosing the fire starter. Over strength it a tough desion over Pochama third evo and fire third evo. Overall I'm choosing the fire starter- because it's comepletely Awesome!!

~Weavile~

P.S. Even though my favorite types are ice, water, and dark I always choose fire starters. Except in Kanto.

RedGyarados
December 31st, 2006, 11:21 AM
I think all of them are good infact I'm even gonna choose Hikozaru ( one of the resones are the evolutions).

RedGyarados
December 31st, 2006, 11:22 AM
I think all of them are good infact I'm even gonna choose Hikozaru ( one of the resones are the evolutions).

Ai
December 31st, 2006, 09:35 PM
This one is okay.. It's the best out of the 3 in my opinion.. o.o But compared to all other starters.. I don't like it.

Volta.
December 31st, 2006, 09:42 PM
I think Hikozaru looks fine ... among the other 2. This generation's starters are all bad I'm afraid, and dont get me started on Naetle, plus I like Hikozaru's 1st evo, and I think Ill keep him that way

King Boo
January 3rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Yea i recon as well!

1st Fire starter: Dragon/Lizard
2nd Fire starter: Flame thingie
3rd Fire starter: Chic
4th Fire starter: a monkey!!!

How those that fit in the catogory and i don't think fire and pirmates go togather!

Arlynn
January 3rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
I'm really not fond of the new fire starter at all. Both it and the grass one aren't what I normally like for starters. Blah. But at least Pocchama is cute, and it's evolutions are nice.

Ichigo Flash
January 3rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
I think they all look pretty cool IMO.

Cornicapus
January 3rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
it looks like aipom if he were a fire type starter!

Astinus
January 3rd, 2007, 11:12 PM
I'm with Smarties-kun on this one.

Just because you don't like one specific Pokemon gives you no right to start a thread and bash it with unnecessary words like "retarded looking". It's hurtful to see you do that, as I know a few mentally challenged people.

How would you like it if I started a thread saying that Poochama was a annoying penguin that's horrifically over-rated and glorified to the point where I want to beat it up with a stick because I hate it? I don't hate Poochama, though I am tired of the attention it receives. It was made to be cute, getting the spotlight placed on it in the show. Just because I don't really like the Water-type, it doesn't give me the right to create a thread to see how many other people share the opinion I have.

That said, it is obvious that I am a Hikozaru fan, due to me being a monkey lover at heart. Fire starters were always some of my favorite Pokemon of a generation. I'm going to choose Hikozaru when I get the games.

Besides, Pokemon shouldn't all be cute and fuzzy. They also shouldn't all be "cool-looking" with the fangs and claws. There should be different looks to the Pokemon to appeal to all the fans. Pokemon isn't just about what you want them to look like. GameFreak is the one that designs them (by the way), and they don't want to make you happy. They want to make the majority of the fans happy.

There are people who think that Hikozaru is cute. There are people who think that Nosepass's evolution is an awesome looking Pokemon. Not everyone shares the same opinion as you, and when you think that they do and bash those that differ from you on a place as populated as this, there are going to be problems.

How those that fit in the catogory and i don't think fire and pirmates go togather!
Do turtles and Grass go together, as is the case of Natoru? -.-; Or dragonflies and Ground?

_Prince_
January 4th, 2007, 12:06 AM
The fire starter seems okay, although his final evolution is a fire/fighting type same as Blaziken.

Idiot!
January 5th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Man, nowadays people value looks more than ever. What's wrong with Hikozaru looking bad to your eyes? I don't really care how it looks, as long as it are useful, Hikozaru will win my heart. I mean, Jirachi is cute, but why no one uses it in battle other than the fact it is almost impossible to obtain? Maybe it's the weaknesses, maybe it's the movepool, maybe some other reason, but why not, afterall, its cute, which means great looks?

Captain Arcane
January 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm
I actually feel kinda dumb right know.
I took a good five or ten minutes and looked at it and actually, I kinda like it, hehe. XD
After all my complaining, it turned out that I actually like the little thing.
So, uh, yeah.......um, I guess were done here, unless someone else would like to give there opinion.

Again I'm sorry, but I actually like it know, so um yeah................hehe

TotoRitaQuil
January 5th, 2007, 10:28 PM
um the fire starter,I think looks dumb. I like charmander,cyndaquil and Torchic BETTER than this monkey typed thing. When I get diamond and pearl , I wont be getting the monkey , I kind of like the grass type.

Rainfall
January 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
They're all okay, I guess...I was really disipointed with all of their final starters. Usually there's at least one end starter that is cool, but not this time.

J
January 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Actually, I don't really see why people hate it, going around with comments like "Fire-butt Monkey".
But I don't really care about it all that much.

Cornicapus
January 10th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I guess i dont like it because i love all the fire types up to this point (but i still stand by my other post) also ive always found monkies to be sorta goofy (even though we evolved from monkies) and i guess i cn grow to like him... unless his backsprite is showing him scratching his butt.

Aegis
January 10th, 2007, 07:05 PM
It looks pretty dorky and goofy to me. I know I'm not gonna choose it for my starter.

Goku Goku
January 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I don't mind Hikozaru's (and his evo's), but I guess it is rather wacked. The designers are just losing thier thunder, that's all. :\