• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new D/P Fire Stater Poll

What Do You Think About The New D/P Fire Starter?

• Total voters

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
WHAT WAS NINTEDO THINKING? DID SOMEONE DRAW THAT THING BLINDFOLDED.

I swear.................Ok, anyway, yah, choose what you think about this Pokemon.
I chose retarded looking.

Sorry, I chose Rather Not Look At It.

Last edited:

MUSION

>:)
Years
I know what you mean, I don't like it either. I was disappointed with all the new starters really.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Ya it looks stupid course Naetle looks more retarded. But I will say both of them have decent looking evolutions, I especially like Moukazaru. But in the end Pochama and its evolutions overall are the best visually because they fit better with the overall aesthetics we have come to expect from Pokémon.

Also this will probably be moved to the Diamond and Pearl (DS) section.

Last edited:

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
Years
Their actually quite okay looking IMO. Not the best ever created but hey no reason to call them retarded. {That's just sad}

Goukzaru looks like a excellent powerhouse IMO.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
Years
I have no problem at all with the fire starter (Hikozaru) of the new generation of pokemon. My only real concern for this starter is its evolution stages as it hardly changes in its appearance i mean sure it get alot taller but thats abot it.

~Kipper~

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
WHAT WAS NINTEDO THINKING? DID SOMEONE DRAW THAT THING BLINDFOLDED.

I swear.................Ok, anyway, yah, choose what you think about this Pokemon.
I chose retarded looking.

Sorry, I chose Rather Not Look At It.
So you dislike a Pokémon and make a thread just so you can say you don't like it and see how many other Hikozaru haters there are? Very mature... almost as mature as having an option like ''Retarded looking.'' I hardly see how that monkey is mentally challenged. -.-

Seriously, what's up with everyone hating Hikozaru? Okay, it isn't cute and fluffy, nor is it a killer with huge claws and teeth, big, freakin' whoop! Yes, Hikozaru has a rather plain design, but I like it that way. Everyone keeps complaining how the new Pokémon aren't like the ones from the first generation, yet hate the Sinnoh starter that's most like the Kanto Pokémon. Kanto Pokémon were simple in design, so is Hikozaru; they didn't try making the Kanto Pokémon look disgustingly cute like Pochama, neither did they do that to Hikozaru. Some people consider the Hikozaru line a rip-off of the Torchic line, but I actually prefer a masked monkey over an overgrown chicken.

If it wasn't for my fondness of the Grass type, Hikozaru would be my favorite Sinnoh starter.

I hardly see the point of this thread, by the way. They tried way too hard on making Pochama cute and managed to make it so disgustingly cute I can't bare to look at it, and yet, I see no threads that are clearly meant to flame it. -.- Hikozaru looks awesome, end of story. I don't, however, consider it cool, but I'll still vote for very cool looking because it looks awesome.
Their actually quite okay looking IMO. Not the best ever created but hey no reason to call them retarded. {That's just sad}
Especially considering it's very insulting. <.< I have a friend with a mentally challenged sister, which makes me really angry when I see an option like ''lol eet r retarded (that means the the same thing as mentally challenged, by the way. <.<) >:'' meant as an insult on a poll.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
I voted okay looking. I really dosent look stupid to me. I love all fire staters so i am definitly going to choose as a starter. Even though it elves into a fire/fighting type it still wont compare to Blaziken.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
Years
It's not retarded. I just won't pick it. I hate those Fire starter fanboys and fangirls who don't like it because it won't evolve into some lame Dragon or Ecidnna or stupid chicken. Grass and water forever baby!

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I don't like them whatsoever. >_> The only reason I want DP is to trade my Emerald Pokemon and put them on Battle Revolution for Wii. These new generation Pokemon...I could care less.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
Years
I'm really unsure about this generation's starters. I'm not really too excited about them but my opinion keeps changing about them. I originally liked Pocchama but I don't like it's last evolution...I really don't even see how it can move very well at all... -_-;

Now that I'm not as interested in him anymore, Hikozaru and Naetle are starting to attract my interest as well...

I want to see if Hikozaru can beat out the torchic line because even if people don't want to admit it, there is going to be some competition between the two to see who is the better one. Hopefully it'll be the Hikozaru line so D/P can get some respect as far as this generation's pokemon are concerned. Design wise I think they did a simplistic design and an overall good job.

Naetle's line just look like the perfect tanks IMO. The way they were drawn makes them look like they were meant to be sturdy. I would really like to see it face off with a Venusaur since their tankish design makes them somewhat similar plus they got a ground typing which makes a unique combination.

I think they can end up as another great round of starters but I still believe that they need to hire some new designers for the next generation. Due to lack of creativity with the rest of generation (All the prevos and evos)

Years
It looks very retarded. I had a tradition of always choosing the fire starter when I got a new pokemon game but now I'm gonna break that tradition because I'm getting the grass starter because the fire starter (and it's evolutions) look RETARDED.

Generally all the grass, water and fire starters in all generations are decent, the grass and water are okay but now us firefans get a retarded little monkey with fire coming out of it's butt. I HATE IT.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
It looks very retarded. I had a tradition of always choosing the fire starter when I got a new pokemon game but now I'm gonna break that tradition because I'm getting the grass starter because the fire starter (and it's evolutions) look RETARDED.
Yes, I had that tradition to and alas I may change it to because of this fur ball. If I do I'll probably choose Pochama as its the only decent looking one.

Years
Yes, I had that tradition to and alas I may change it to because of this fur ball. If I do I'll probably choose Pochama as its the only decent looking one.

I will probaly go for the grass starter but I might think about the water starter too becasue I like it's 3rd evolution for some reason. I probaly won't pick the fire starter for a LONG time and when I catch more pokemon It will go straight in to the PC.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
It's not retarded. I just won't pick it. I hate those Fire starter fanboys and fangirls who don't like it because it won't evolve into some lame Dragon or Ecidnna or stupid chicken. Grass and water forever baby!

Well, I never did like of any fire starter pokemon very much, but when I first saw this, this thing, I practically fell off my chair. And just to get some of you people off my back, I'm sorry for calling it retarded looking, thats just my opinion, M'kay. I can't help it if Nintendo draws a horrible Pokemon. I mean I like it, but like I said, I rather not look at it. But its final evolution though, that thing is just,...... I can't even explain.

Back