PDA

View Full Version : NDS Wi-Fi

Popuri
December 28th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I am at a Wi-Fi hotspot, or at least a house that has wireless internet running, and my NDS won't hook up to the internet?

Also, what does the NDS do after it has connected?

~Moondoggy
a.k.a.
~Popuri

Esupio
December 28th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Does your router have a WEP Code? thats what caused my problem.

What game are you using to connect to the net (or the browser?)

TRIFORCE89
December 28th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Are you using a WFC enabled game? Just turning on your DS and surfing through it's menus won't do a thing.

If you are using a proper game then somewhere within the game's menus you should see something about the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Within there should be something about setting up a connection (and if not, you should be prompted to do so if you don't already have one). Find an access point, and voila. You may need a WEP key if it's a secure connection

Popuri
December 28th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Well... I thought there was an Opera browser for NDS? Right? How do you get that?

TRIFORCE89
December 28th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I personally haven't used the browser. I don't have access to it. It's already been released in Japan and Europe. It'll be released in Australia by the end of Janurary. But, there still isn't a date set for North America.

It isn't built into the DS, but rather a cartridge you must purchase like any other DS game. I would assume that it'd connect the same way as any other WFC game wherein you have to find an access point first.

Popuri
December 28th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Oh! That sucks out lock! I guess I am sol! :( ah well, I'll try a game that has Wi-Fi, see if that works...