PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a pokemon gym would you have?

goofy_charizard_girl
December 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I never thought of my self being the gym leader though I am sure some of you have. So if you would like to be one, can you tell me what kind of a gym you would have. You know, what tipe of pokemon would you have, where the gym would be (in mountains, near a water, or maybe in the see) or you can also decide in witch town( from the games or the anime). If you have your own ideas don't hasitate to share them!;)
Oh, and I am sorry if a similar thread was already posted once. I am new here , so I don't have a lot of experiences with things that were already posted. And I apologise for mistakes in the text. English is not my first language.:cheeky:

Poké King
December 29th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I never thought of my self being the gym leader though I am sure some of you have. So if you would like to be one, can you tell me what kind of a gym you would have. You know, what tipe of pokemon would you have, where the gym would be (in mountains, near a water, or maybe in the see) or you can also decide in witch town( from the games or the anime). If you have your own ideas don't hasitate to share them!;)
Oh, and I am sorry if a similar thread was already posted once. I am new here , so I don't have a lot of experiences with things that were already posted. And I apologise for mistakes in the text. English is not my first language.:cheeky:

Well, first off I only become a Gym Leaders after beating all the Tournaments there are or at the very least the Tournament of the Region I like to be a Gym Leader in because I think you should be tough to be one. As for the kind of Gym I have, I don't think I be restricted to a Type of Pokémon and rather have multiple Types and probably regularly change my Team up to keep the Trainers who want my Badge guessing as well as to let all my Pokémon have a chance to be in my Gym Team. As for my Gym it be a cool one that can change its field to anything to make battles interesting and I do every kind of battle imaginable like using 6 Pokémon, 2 on 2 and so on.

But me personally I think it take a long time before the idea of traveling and adventure went out of my head so I probably wouldn't want to settle down for a long time as a Gym Leader. I more think of myself as becoming a infamous Trainer like the members of the Elite Four and have people seek me out to see what there made of rather than get a crack by anyone wanting a Badge to compete in the Regions Tournament.

CrystalFlow
December 29th, 2006, 12:22 PM
If i had to i would probaly become a dark/water type gym leader. then i can have cool pokemon like sneasel, murkrow and gyarados, etc.

Mudkip85
December 29th, 2006, 12:24 PM
As for my Gym it be a cool one that can change its field to anything to make battles interesting and I do every kind of battle imaginable like using 6 Pokémon, 2 on 2 and so on.

Im not sure but i dont think the use of a six pokemon battle is allowed for a gym as its only used for major tournaments such as the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn leagues etc.

As for my gym, it would be on a tower in the mist of the clouds way far up from the ground, and as i love water pokemon there would be a centre circle where the pokemon would battle but around the perimeter of the circle would be water. It would be a battle with each trainer using three pokemon each. There is always an odd rule that stands out in a gym battle, and mine would be that the trainer would be able to select which of pokemon the gym leader (me) sends out next.

~Kipper~

Nuke
December 29th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Bird Pokes but I'd have Typhlosion too.
although my gym would only be a large hut or something.
so I could do most of my training outside in the fresh air.

Jonny.

Poké King
December 29th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Im not sure but i dont think the use of a six pokemon battle is allowed for a gym as its only used for major tournaments such as the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn leagues etc.

Well, she asked if we wanted to be a Gym Leader how would are Gyms be and that's how I want my Gym to be. Technically Gyms also have to have a Type to them where as each of my Pokémon in my team would probably be different Types. Point being if I could make a Gym that's how I do it pretty much, now if there were rules that said I couldn't do it the way I wanted to then I do it differently.

I think for my Gym I would have a wheel that you can spin to choose what kind of battle you do like in the Battle Arena. Then I give the Trainer time to prepare for the match i.e. go get six Pokémon if they didn't have six on him if the Six Pokémon Choice is chosen or if its 2 on 2 give them a chance to build a nice duo if the Pokémon on them didn't mesh well.

Plus I think the randomness of my Gym would be good so Trainers wouldn't know how to deal with me like say with your Gym, I mean if they knew all you did was use Water Types they get Types resistant and strong against Water Types where as my Gym they have to bring a Team prepared for anything.

Dark Kratos
December 29th, 2006, 01:27 PM
If I had a gym it would be a mix of fire and ground as I live in a hot desert. The Gym would be in a Colosseum type setting with the field being hard dusty dirt and some cactus scattered around the field with some boulders around as well. I would also have 6 on 6 battles.

I am also using this for when Diamond and Pearl come out as to start the Phoenix Pokemon League. As I will become the leader of the Mesa, Arizona Gym.

Mudkip85
December 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I think for my Gym I would have a wheel that you can spin to choose what kind of battle you do like in the Battle Arena. Then I give the Trainer time to prepare for the match i.e. go get six Pokémon if they didn't have six on him if the Six Pokémon Choice is chosen or if its 2 on 2 give them a chance to build a nice duo if the Pokémon on them didn't mesh well.

XD You took the idea of the wheel spinning from the anime didnt you! It has been used in one of the gyms of one brain at the battle frontier. The wheel was used in Ash's attempt to win his second frontier symbol against Greta.

Plus I think the randomness of my Gym would be good so Trainers wouldn't know how to deal with me like say with your Gym, I mean if they knew all you did was use Water Types they get Types resistant and strong against Water Types where as my Gym they have to bring a Team prepared for anything.

I have to say that you are mistaken when you said that 'they could just get pokemon which are resistant to my water types'. This is because water pokemon has only two major weaknesses grass and electric type pokemon, but, just because i have water type pokemon it doesnt mean that they are only limited to learning water type moves and may also have another pokemon type aswell as water. Take Swampert for example it learns Earthquake naturally and would be very effective against electric pokemon, so Swampert would be able to protect itself against its weaknesses.

Also giving the trainer the ability to choose the next pokemon they will face makes the trainer believe that they have it easy which will drop their guard and take their concentration of the gym battle, making them vunerable to loosing as they would underestimate the power of a gym leader!

~Kipper~

Poké King
December 29th, 2006, 01:46 PM
XD You took the idea of the wheel spinning from the anime didnt you! It has been used in one of the gyms of one brain at the battle frontier. The wheel was used in Ash's attempt to win his second frontier symbol against Greta.
Ya I said where I got it from lol.

I have to say that you are mistaken when you said that 'they could just get pokemon which are resistant to my water types'. This is because water pokemon has only two major weaknesses grass and electric type pokemon, but, just because i have water type pokemon it doesnt mean that they are only limited to learning water type moves and may also have another pokemon type aswell as water. Take Swampert for example it learns Earthquake naturally and would be very effective against electric pokemon, so Swampert would be able to protect itself against its weaknesses.

How am I mistaken, you would only use Water Types except for Swampert which is Water/Ground. So all a Trainer would have to do is get some Grass & Electric Types together and breeze through your Gym. I mean last I checked if you want to beat a Gym that focuses on one Type like say Water Type like your Gym then all you need is Pokémon near, at or over your Pokémon's Level and all they need is Type advantage and boom they win. No if's, and's or but's about it. I mean if all I used was Electric Types and even if they knew some non Electric Type Moves they primarily would know Electric Type Moves so all someone would have to do is use a all Ground Type Team against me and unless my Pokémon were substantially higher in Level I would have no chance in winning pretty much.

Also giving the trainer the ability to choose the next pokemon they will face makes the trainer believe that they have it easy which will drop their guard and take their concentration of the gym battle, making them vunerable to loosing as they would underestimate the power of a gym leader!
~Kipper~
Ya but say the match chosen was 1 on 1 and they got you to choose a straight out Water Type meaning no Swampert for you. Then all they need to do is get a Electric Type of theres around the Level of your Water Type and as long as they weren't incompetent they would win or at the very least have a pretty good chance at beating you.

And hey don't get me wrong because I personally love to spit in the face of the all mighty Type advantage/disadvantage thing because I always like saying screw Type advantage/disadvantage like I will put a Water Type against an Electric Type because I'm like that but you seem to think you wouldn't have a good chance at losing which you would where as I know I have a good chance at losing but that just makes the win even sweeter, that is if I win.

Master Charizard
December 29th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Charizard
Blaziken
Thyphlosion
Magmar
Charizard

My gym would probaly be in a secluded volcanic area so people have to find me.

Mudkip85
December 29th, 2006, 02:26 PM
How am I mistaken, you would only use Water Types except for Swampert which is Water/Ground. So all a Trainer would have to do is get some Grass & Electric Types together and breeze through your Gym. I mean last I checked if you want to beat a Gym that focuses on one Type like say Water Type like your Gym then all you need is Pokémon near, at or over your Pokémon's Level and all they need is Type advantage and boom they win. No if's, and's or but's about it. I mean if all I used was Electric Types and even if they knew some non Electric Type Moves they primarily would know Electric Type Moves so all someone would have to do is use a all Ground Type Team against me and unless my Pokémon were substantially higher in Level I would have no chance in winning pretty much.

I think you are thinking more in terms of 'in the games' as its always easy to get a direct hit but i think goofy charizard girl meant as if we were in the anime meaning that pokemon when ordered to dodge will be able to avoid direct attacks using speed to their ability, whilst in the games you just cant simply say dodge because there is no voice commands so pokemon just have to take the hit. Just so you know, Swampert is not the only pokemon that can use different and various types of attacks other water pokemon include Vaporeon (which can use moves like iron tail and shadow ball offering traits of a steel type and ghost type), Gyarados (which is also type dragon, aswell as being able to learn flamethrower and thunderbolt.) There are others too but theres just a couple that i would use to my advantage.

Ya but say the match chosen was 1 on 1 and they got you to choose a straight out Water Type meaning no Swampert for you. Then all they need to do is get a Electric Type of theres around the Level of your Water Type and as long as they weren't incompetent they would win or at the very least have a pretty good chance at beating you.

I have already mentioned that all gym battle within my gym will consist of each trainer using three pokemon each so therefore i would never find myself in this situation.

~Kipper~

Death Rogers
December 29th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Well, I use an abundance of different types. But the one type I use most is Grass. So my Gym would be full of grass, trees, and other plants.

I would want to have a Venusaur, Meganium, and a Ludicolo. (Trainers would probably bring a fire type, so Ludicolo could just wipe them out with hydro pump or something.) And I would teach my Venusaur Earthquake for those pesky earthbound fire-types.

So I would be pretty tough to beat.

Poké King
December 29th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I think you are thinking more in terms of 'in the games' as its always easy to get a direct hit but i think goofy charizard girl meant as if we were in the anime meaning that pokemon when ordered to dodge will be able to avoid direct attacks using speed to their ability, whilst in the games you just cant simply say dodge because there is no voice commands so pokemon just have to take the hit. Just so you know, Swampert is not the only pokemon that can use different and various types of attacks other water pokemon include Vaporeon (which can use moves like iron tail and shadow ball offering traits of a steel type and ghost type), Gyarados (which is also type dragon, aswell as being able to learn flamethrower and thunderbolt.) There are others too but theres just a couple that i would use to my advantage.
Well, if she meant in the Anime then you still be at a disadvantage. It wouldn't be as severe but it still exist. As for the multi-Type Moves, when did I say Water Types can't learn Moves other than Water Type Moves lol.

And Gyarados is Water/Flying even though it can learn Dragon Type Moves. I say that because it sounded like you implied it is part Dragon Type. Unless you just meant it can learn Dragon Type Moves in which case never mind what I said.

I have already mentioned that all gym battle within my gym will consist of each trainer using three pokemon each so therefore i would never find myself in this situation.

~Kipper~
Oh sorry must of forgot in my rant. But still you said they could choose what Pokémon they fight so all they have to do is pick straight Water Types.

Mudkip85
December 29th, 2006, 03:20 PM
when did I say Water Types can't learn Moves other than Water Type Moves lol.

By the way i said that you said that Swampert would be the only water type pokemon that i could potentially use.

you would only use Water Types except for Swampert which is Water/Ground

There is the quote where you said it.

And Gyarados is Water/Flying even though it can learn Dragon Type Moves. I say that because it sounded like you implied it is part Dragon Type. Unless you just meant it can learn Dragon Type Moves in which case never mind what I said.

Yeah i meant that Gyarados is water/flying its just that i wanted to say it could also learn other type moves like dragon, electric and fire. So sorry if i was unclear there XD

Oh sorry

Apology accepted XD

~Kipper~

Niwa
December 29th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Oh I have thought about this countless times, even made a fanfic long time ago about it xD.

My gym would consist of only fire and fighting types, two personal favorites of mine. The team would have to be the best ;D so it would be these pokemon in my lineup:

Hitmonchan
Tyrogue
Charmeleon
Machamp
Blaziken

If even possible, The gym would be a possible side quest from the main journey, secluded deep within Mt. Silver, theres a Elite 4, how about a Elite Gym? xD

Poké King
December 29th, 2006, 03:48 PM
By the way i said that you said that Swampert would be the only water type pokemon that i could potentially use.
No I said that it was the only Water Type you use that wouldn't be just a Water Type because you said you just use Water Type's for your Gym. You never said you use Water Types who are also another Type like Quagsire or Chinchou for example.

There is the quote where you said it.
Ya you talked about using Swampert and you said your Gym be for Water Types so I said that only Swampert wouldn't be a straight Water Type. I never said they could only use Water Type Moves, even a newb wouldn't make that mistake unless it was Ash or May lol.

Yeah i meant that Gyarados is water/flying its just that i wanted to say it could also learn other type moves like dragon, electric and fire. So sorry if i was unclear there XD

K

Exokriz
December 29th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I would have a Water Gym but each pokemon would have a 2nd Attribute.

I would use these pokemon in my Gym:

Swampert (Water/Ground)
Kingdra (Water/Dragon)
Sharpedo (Water/Dark)
Lanturn (Water/Electric)
Ludicolo (Water/Grass)
Tentacruel (Water/Poison)

Pretty Balanced Team, huh?

Mudkip85
December 29th, 2006, 04:15 PM
No I said that it was the only Water Type you use that wouldn't be just a Water Type because you said you just use Water Type's for your Gym. You never said you use Water Types who are also another Type like Quagsire or Chinchou for example.

Yes i may have said that i was going to use water type pokemon, but i never said that water type moves would be the only type moves i would use.

Ya you talked about using Swampert and you said your Gym be for Water Types so I said that only Swampert wouldn't be a straight Water Type. I never said they could only use Water Type Moves, even a newb wouldn't make that mistake unless it was Ash or May lol.

Yeah that made no sense at all., beacuse i never accused you in saying that you said id only use water moves.

~Kipper~

Poké King
December 29th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Swampert (Water/Ground)
Kingdra (Water/Dragon)
Sharpedo (Water/Dark)
Lanturn (Water/Electric)
Ludicolo (Water/Grass)
Tentacruel (Water/Poison)

Pretty Balanced Team, huh?
Electric Types still could hurt some of your team though your Team is much better off than a all Water Type Team. So if you are gonna do a Water Type based Gym then dual Types is definitely the way to go. Now if only Gym Leaders in the games realized this lol.

but i never said that water type moves would be the only type moves i would use.
~Kipper~
Me either lol. I think for some reason you thought I implied Water Types can only use Water Type Moves but ah well lets just get passed this, ok?

goofy_charizard_girl
December 30th, 2006, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE=Mudkip85;2332458]I think you are thinking more in terms of 'in the games' as its always easy to get a direct hit but i think goofy charizard girl meant as if we were in the anime meaning that pokemon when ordered to dodge will be able to avoid direct attacks using speed to their ability...

Yes, I did mean as if we would be in anime. That is so much real and in that way better.:)

CHaRiSMa
December 30th, 2006, 03:17 AM
I would have a gym that would be hidden deep in the forrest, down a mountain. Nearby would also be a lake. It would be preety hard for trainers to find it due to the gym being concealed in mist occasionally. As far as pokemon types are concerned, I would use all because I find interesting like that. I would also use different areas of battle, like e.g. the lake, the top of the mountain, the dark forrest etc. so it I would be preety tough for trainers to beat. I would also forbbid the use of type advantage, because that way it would be interesting and more difficult and besides every gym has it's traps.:) Oh and I would have 3 on 3 pokemon battles, I think it's the best number of battles.;)

Oh and BTW I agree with you goofy_charizard_girl real pokemon battles are much more interesting than the ones in the games. Because I think it's unfair to the pokemon that it should lose due to his minor level than the level of his opponent. I think the pokemon's fighting should also depend on his personality, like if the pokemon is very persistant etc. and on the trainer abilities as well. Like a trainer could coach his pokemon to fight on and not give up..

axlefoley
December 30th, 2006, 05:49 AM
mine would be orange and all my pokemon would have orange on them or they would be orange.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 30th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I would love to be a gym leader, lati the ghost type master gym leader as I see it, I would have a spooky mansion, I would have all Ghost and Ghost pokemon just floating around (some are wild), it would be creepy but I would be a tough opponet

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Gulpin
December 30th, 2006, 05:50 PM
If I had a gym it would be a dark/ice/water gym. I would build it deep in the Ice Cave (in Johto, I think) It would have eight floors of trainers and puzzles. My badge would be the TriGym Bage.

~Weavile~

Clobarr13
December 31st, 2006, 09:33 AM
Ah... I've thought of this many-a-time... lol
A few of my ideas are: (Pokemon in strength order)

Fire-type- Gym kinda like Blaine's. I like the idea of battling over an active volcano. Hehe...
Poke's: Camerupt, Flareon, Ninetales, Arcanine (Arcanine rocks)

Poison type- It took me a while to realize it, but there's a crap-load of poison pokemon! As for the Gym... eh, IDK
Poke's: Muk, Weezing, Seviper, Crobat, Nidoking (powerhouse Nido)

Bug type- Also a pretty cool idea. Gym kinda like a forest or cave or someting.
Poke's: Shedinja, Pinsir, Heracross, Scizor (hehe... Scizor= awesome)

Yea, I've been cooking those up for a while...
As a gym leader, you want to put up a challenge, but not many of them have six final stage pokemon...
I'd consider these more of Badges 6-8 (No particular order)

jasonresno
January 1st, 2007, 07:53 AM
To the original poster:

For not having English as you first language..you did very good :).

My gym would be:

Title: "Retro Poke Gym"
Motto: "151 is all you need!"
Description: It would be about as big as a basketball arena. There would be three paths:

Path 1: The middle path, go straight to me and fight me.
Path 2:Take the winding path and face two trainers en route to face me.
Path 3:Fight one strong trainer, then fight me.

The plus sides to Path 2 and 3 is that they each give you a hint on how to beat me...rather then rushing straight into me.

My field would just be a normal field-minimalistic of course (that's how I am). And my team would contain:

Bulbasaur
Charmeleon
Blastoise
Hitmonchan
Pidgeot

Captain Arcane
January 1st, 2007, 01:44 PM
My gym would be Water and Psychic. I love Water and Psychic Pokemon. And yes I would still be Captain Arcane, and if you lost to me I would take all your money.
Mwahahahahahaha

Forever
January 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
I'd have a firey gym or a birdie gym.

Fire because thet's soo hawt, and birdies because they are kawaii.

Though firey because Torchic would be better suited.

Villianous Villager
January 1st, 2007, 09:37 PM
My gym would be...

A Fighting Type Pokemon Gym

My team would be:

Machoke
Lucario
Medicham
Machamp
Hitmonchan
Blaziken

It would be like a dojo but with a lot of walls making a labyrinth with 10 trainers you´ll HAVE to beat and full of rocks so, they would need to use strenght ^^

CHaRiSMa
January 2nd, 2007, 08:55 AM
Ah... I've thought of this many-a-time... lol
A few of my ideas are: (Pokemon in strength order)

Fire-type- Gym kinda like Blaine's. I like the idea of battling over an active volcano. Hehe...
Poke's: Camerupt, Flareon, Ninetales, Arcanine (Arcanine rocks)

Poison type- It took me a while to realize it, but there's a crap-load of poison pokemon! As for the Gym... eh, IDK
Poke's: Muk, Weezing, Seviper, Crobat, Nidoking (powerhouse Nido)

Bug type- Also a pretty cool idea. Gym kinda like a forest or cave or someting.
Poke's: Shedinja, Pinsir, Heracross, Scizor (hehe... Scizor= awesome)

Yea, I've been cooking those up for a while...
As a gym leader, you want to put up a challenge, but not many of them have six final stage pokemon...
I'd consider these more of Badges 6-8 (No particular order)

How would your gym look like.. where would you have it?

mew2_v1
January 2nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
if i had a gym, my gym would a "Psychic & Dark" Gym where it only requires Psychic and Dark Pokemon

if trainers comes, it would be a dark room, an invisble wall so they have to use psychic pokemon to reveal and dark pokemon to find the tracks to find me. IF THEY DON'T, THEY'LL SUDDENLY END UP TO THEIR HOME LAND AND TRY AGAIN *evil laugh*

My team would be:

Mewtwo (Psychic)
Kadabra (Psychic)
Espeon (Psychic)
Mightyena (Dark)
Absol (Dark)
Umbreon (Dark)

Clobarr13
January 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Well, for the Fire and Bug gyms, I said the volcano and cave/forest, respectively.
As for the Poison, maybe a marshy area (like the ones with the big geysers of acid hehe...)
Well, location, I don't know...
Fire Gym probably at Mt. Whatchamacallit in R/S/E (Chimney)
Bug Gym would be probably in Petalburg Woods
Poison Gym would be uhh... in a place kinda like Firey Path (the gas and stuff coming out of the ground)

I also remembered an idea that I had a long time ago...
I made up an imaginary younger brother for Steven (Kevin or something)
The story was that they were both given a Beldum when they were little by their Dad.
While Steven went for the Steel/Rock/Groung aspects of Beldum, his brother went after the Psychic part. And you know, Steven wins cause he's older, bro gets mad, vows to get revenge, blah blah blah...
Well anyway, one day he comes back and challenges Steven and he wins.
His Pokemon are:

Xatu
Medicham
Alakazam
Grumpig
Gardevoir
Metagross

Yeah... I had no life back then... lol

Arlynn
January 2nd, 2007, 11:47 PM
Well, I'm more of a collector. But if I had a Gym, it would probably be Psychic, Dark and Ghost types. More mind power, and dark. I'd want my Gym to be located in a dim and dark town, perhaps one underground.

Cosmic Tyrant
January 3rd, 2007, 04:55 AM
My gym would be a Ground themed gym with one water type with a couple of ice attacks, to try to level any grass encounters. The gym itself would look craggly, brittle, and hand-Made on the outside, but like a ballroom on the inside, but with a punk-emo feel to it. Nice, very nice indeed.

Kylie-chan
January 3rd, 2007, 07:46 AM
As recently as last year, as in, early last year, my brother caught me practising throwing a PokéBall... and asked what I was doing. I said I was imagining I had a gym. XD; *dork* I liked the underwater thing in the third movie ♥ but there'd be Panic! at the Disco and Muse playing. D:

Loki
January 3rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
I would say that my gym would have to be in Larousse, Hoenn. 8D I adore that city, and I would have a gym that took on the appearance of a Larousse-esque palace on the outside, while on the inside, the bottom and upper floor is a maze, in which you have to go from the bottom of the house, to the middle floor, the the top floor, reach the middle of the top floor, and fall down into the Gym, which would be in the middle of the 2nd floor.

It would probably be a ghost and psychic gym, or at the very least a water and ice one. If it was psychic, then the palace would probably be an illusion, if not, then it would probably be smaller, like a mansion or something. >D Because I love getting people frustrated, and the number of people who would ever actually make it to me would be minimal. Of course there be a big TV screen in the arena where I could watch people navigate my gym- just for my entertainment. xDDD

Or the Gym would be a dome underwater. >DD That'd be awesome.

squirtleboy12
January 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
i would have a cute pokemon gym with water pokemon swimming around..with lots of squirtles and totodiles!

BlueBlastoise7285
January 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
My Gym, it would balence out. Fire and water as the two main types, as they counteract most of each others weaknesses. Fire burns Grass and most (if not all) fire types can learn the move Earthquake. Water douses rock and ground types. And almost all of my pokemon would have a second type, that could confuse the opponent even more.

The Gym itself would be a sut on eight mix-matched tiles with rope bridges connecting them. The tiles would be colored to the corresponding to the trainer on them, fire on red tile and water on blue. Six tiles would have trainers and the last two in the back of the gym would be where I would battle

FIRE AND WATER, it would be unstoppable........

Pokemon

Macargo (Fire/Rock)
Danphan (Water/Electric, only one weakness)
Camerupt, knowing Earthquake (Fire/Ground)
Ludicolo (Water/Grass, only one weakness)
Charizard, knowing Earthquake(Fire/Flying)
BLASTOISE, I do not have an obsession! (Water)

Just Think of a Pokemon that could defeat me......

Richard Lynch
January 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM

A good Dragon type.

Most dragons can learn Earthquake, and are also of the Flying type... so there goes your Fire Pokemon. Water moves aren't very effective on Dragons, and Dragons sometimes can learn good Grass moves. Earthquake would already put your Danphan in a world of hurt because of his Electric type, and Ludicolo could be easily taken out by a Flying move (often compatable with Dragons), leaving one poke that could pose a bit of a threat.

The most I would fear with a Dragon against that team is a strong Ice Beam, or Blizzard, as most water types can learn both. But the fire portion would easily be owned by a Dragon who knows Earthquake (and thus making your Earthquake useless, with the common Flying type in Dragons).

Not a bad pick, though. Just watch out for Dragon types. ;-)

SnowPhoenix
January 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
A dragon ice gym. My dragon Pokemon are hardened against the cold whether, their weakness to ice completely gone...

Zishi
January 7th, 2007, 04:15 AM
I would like to have Water Gym

Phanima
January 7th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I'd normally stray away from single type Pokemon Gyms but unfortunately my party of Pokemon that I love because of personal reasons derive from relatively the same type and have pretty much the same weaknesses. Anyway, my gym would probably be located somewhere in a minor town or village. I'd hate to have a remote one located somewhere in the contry but I can't stand big cities and the nightlife and what have you. Small and humble all the way.

The gym itself would be pretty straight forward. I'd have the double door gate entrance leading along a path up to the steps of the building and onto the veranda. Then another set of double doors as the entrance to the building where trainer will enter to come into a hallway leading to several rooms aligned on the left and right hand sides. The main Pokemon arena would probably be in the first room, with several spectator seatings and the usual marked floor.

And now, my Pokemon team ^^. Dragonair, Clamperl, Cloyster, Misdreavus, Duskull, and Wailord.

Alter Ego
January 7th, 2007, 06:00 AM
A good Dragon type.

Most dragons can learn Earthquake, and are also of the Flying type... so there goes your Fire Pokemon. Water moves aren't very effective on Dragons, and Dragons sometimes can learn good Grass moves. Earthquake would already put your Danphan in a world of hurt because of his Electric type, and Ludicolo could be easily taken out by a Flying move (often compatable with Dragons), leaving one poke that could pose a bit of a threat.

The most I would fear with a Dragon against that team is a strong Ice Beam, or Blizzard, as most water types can learn both. But the fire portion would easily be owned by a Dragon who knows Earthquake (and thus making your Earthquake useless, with the common Flying type in Dragons).

Not a bad pick, though. Just watch out for Dragon types. ;-)

Earthquake doesn't do crap against a proper Donphan (It isn't Electric, btw, it's Ground) due to its high defense and every water type can learn an Ice move so there goes the Dragon (As most of them have a double Ice weak). Also, the only Grass type moves that any dragons can learn (Excluding the 4th gen) are Hidden Power [Grass] and Solarbeam, neither being any good for them. :O This is not to say that lineup doesn't have serious flaws, however.

A STAB water attack or two takes care of four pokes on the team (Camerupt, Donphan, Charizard, and Magcargo) and a few good electric hits gg Blastoise. Basically, five out of six pokes on that team fall easily to Starmie, which would kind of leave Ludi hard-pressed. Heracross would probably put it out of its misery with one Megahorn. So no, that's not really my idea of unbeatable.

Anyways, I agree that single-type gyms aren't going to cut it (And besides, they're rather boring) so I'd go for a thematic one instead: ancient pokémon. =D The only downside I can see is that I'd probably end up with a bunch of ruin maniacs hunting ancient relics all over the place and making a royal mess. <.<

Still, that would give me access to lots of cool pokémon, so I'd have a team of something like...

Aerodactyl
Omastar
Cradily
Lapras
Relicanth
Armaldo

Of course I could also interchange with pokémon like Claydol and Kabutops so as to not make it so monotonous. If D/P pokémon were added to the mix I could also get a better type coverage, but I guess this team could (Sort of) pull through even without it. Besides, all of them are pokes I like. *Hugs Cradily*

The gym itself would probably be in one of the average-sized cities, not some lousy one-Miltank town without running water but not a huge, bustling metropolis either (Those give me a headache). Preferably somewhere by the sea-side as well since that's the kind of environment I'm used to (Not to mention that most of these pokémon are sea-dwellers). On the inside, the gym itself would more or less consist of just the battle arena, a simple, straightforward one, 'cept maybe with some homey little touches like Ruins of Alphesque runes on the walls (Could be used to spell out a gym motto or just really random things) and maybe some cheap replicas of old carvings depicting pokémon. In conjuncture to this room there would be one darkened and damp one for some of the pokémon (E.g. Cradily, Omastar, and Relicanth) to rest up in and another one for my personal use.

The gym would, in turn, be in connection with a thematically related facility like a museum or antique shop, and on the outside there would be no direct indication of it even being a gym, so only those smart enough to discover it would get to challenge me (That should cut down the amount of worthless challenges by a good bit ^^).

And that's it, props to Toomi and anyone I didn't notice for going with favourites rather than just power. ^^

MrDreavus
January 7th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I've thought about this a lot.
I would use Ghost and Psychic types. They are my favorite types. Instead of trainers in my gym, random Ghosts you can't see would attack you (not very often though, maybe two times in one entry) having one Psychic partner for a two on two battle. I would have 6 Pokemon, 3 Ghost and 3 Psychic. My gym would be a sub gym, as in-- not needed for your entry in to the Elite 4. It would be very much like the Dojo in Saffron City, which was like a gym but with Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan as prizes. If the trainer beat me, I would let them have a pick between a Banette or a Hypno, my favorite Pokemon from my favorite two types. Hypno would be Psychic of course, and Banette obviously Ghost. My team would be:

Misdreavus [Ghost]
Espeon [Psychic]
Haunter [Ghost]
Gardevoir [Psychic]
Banette [Ghost]
Hypno [Psychic]

Thank you for this thread. I think about this a lot. =)
By the way..in reference to the Blue and Red games, to get in my sub-gym, the trainers would have to give a drink (Water, Soda, Lemonade) to the thirsty Haunters at the door guarding to get in. I just LOVED that idea. It was so smart. xD

The Fallen
January 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I don't think that I would be able to stick to one or two specific types, it's just not my style.

If I were to have a gym though it would be made up of Steel, Dark, and Dragon typed pokemon. I may not even stick to those because I like switching things up to keep it interesting.

Rainfall
January 7th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Dragon and Dark gym. My Pokemon would probably be these.

Shiny Flygon
Umbreon
Houndoom
Altaria
Absol
Salamence

Or something similar to that.

CHaRiSMa
January 10th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Anyways, I agree that single-type gyms aren't going to cut it (And besides, they're rather boring) so I'd go for a thematic one instead: ancient pokémon. =D The only downside I can see is that I'd probably end up with a bunch of ruin maniacs hunting ancient relics all over the place and making a royal mess. <.<

Still, that would give me access to lots of cool pokémon, so I'd have a team of something like...

Aerodactyl
Omastar
Cradily
Lapras
Relicanth
Armaldo

Of course I could also interchange with pokémon like Claydol and Kabutops so as to not make it so monotonous. If D/P pokémon were added to the mix I could also get a better type coverage, but I guess this team could (Sort of) pull through even without it. Besides, all of them are pokes I like. *Hugs Cradily*

The gym itself would probably be in one of the average-sized cities, not some lousy one-Miltank town without running water but not a huge, bustling metropolis either (Those give me a headache). Preferably somewhere by the sea-side as well since that's the kind of environment I'm used to (Not to mention that most of these pokémon are sea-dwellers). On the inside, the gym itself would more or less consist of just the battle arena, a simple, straightforward one, 'cept maybe with some homey little touches like Ruins of Alphesque runes on the walls (Could be used to spell out a gym motto or just really random things) and maybe some cheap replicas of old carvings depicting pokémon. In conjuncture to this room there would be one darkened and damp one for some of the pokémon (E.g. Cradily, Omastar, and Relicanth) to rest up in and another one for my personal use.

The gym would, in turn, be in connection with a thematically related facility like a museum or antique shop, and on the outside there would be no direct indication of it even being a gym, so only those smart enough to discover it would get to challenge me (That should cut down the amount of worthless challenges by a good bit ^^).

And that's it, props to Toomi and anyone I didn't notice for going with favourites rather than just power. ^^

Wow you have chosen a great style for your gym and the idea of mixing it with acient pokemon is awesome!

Legendary Squirtle
January 10th, 2007, 09:28 AM
My gym would be water and the last badge needed for the league

Maze: Random dark spots will apper when you enter the gym. when you step on them the floor will give away reliving a room with a trainer. When you beat that trainer a ladder will apper alowing you to get back to the surface were the dark spot will be there.

Gym Trainers pokemon: Random water type Pokemon

Gym Leader's Pokemon: Swampert lvl 38
Lanturn lvl 39
Ludicolo lvl 38
Blastiose lvl 40
Sealeo lvl 38
Squirtle lvl 42

Reward: Able to use waterfall out of battle, the badge that makes all pokemon obey you and Aqua Tail as a TM

Aegis
January 10th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I'd like to have mine in Larousse. The bottom floor would also be a Pokemon Center and Poke Mart. All the outside walls would be glass, and the floor would be white. It would be decorated very zen like, and have lots of oriental and fantasy artwork. A big water fountain would be in the middle, and escalators would lead up to the gym.

The upstairs would also have glass outer walls. The floor would be a deep forest, with Gym trainers hidden everywhere. The trees would be really large, and would reach about 30-85 feet tall. Tall grass and shurbs would coat the floor. At one point a small rise in the ground would have a fountain on the top. I'd be behind the fountain, and be gym leader. The gym would be one of the last before the league.

My Team Would Be:

Ledian
Furret
Milotic
Shiftry
Vileplume
Ludicolo

Smarties-chan
January 10th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I'd have a gym for bug type Pokémon - or Pokémon that look like bugs. The gym would be located somewhere deep within Viridian Forest. However, any trainer who would challenge me would have to catch and raise one bug Pokémon of their own and use it in battle against me. Reaching me wouldn't be as easy as you'd think, though, not only will you have to locate me, but my beloved bug Pokémon would do their best to stop your progress through the forest without revealing themselves. :3 It'd start with simple things like scaring you with spooky noises and when you get closer to me, you might run into a giant spider web or two spun by my Ariados and similar things. I, however, wouldn't do anything to harm the challenger's Pokémon as it would give me an unfair advantage; just a little scaring would do.

My team would be something along the lines of:

Butterfree
Dunsparce
Flygon
Ariados
Shedinja
Yanma

and the battle would be a standard 6 on 6 battle without any special rules.

MrDreavus
January 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM
D= If Pokemon were real, I would be like ZOMG and magically make my sub gym out of nowhere. This thread makes me want to beat up a couple of gym leaders and take over Dx Maybe technology in the future will bring some Pokemon to life...but that's a lot to ask...

By the way...my gym would probably be in Saffron City. =D
Wow, I'm obsessing here.

J
January 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'd make a Grass type gym.

Goku Goku
January 11th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I would go with an Ice-type gym, if not Fire-type. :)

ChrisG14
January 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I'd go with a mixed Gym, like Gary's. My Sceptile would stay by my side during the battle until it actually had to battle. I've have some cheesy Family Guy joke for every challenger before I beat their assess :D

Pokemon:

Sceptile
Gardivor
Crawdaunt
Metagross
Swellow
Wobufett

chrome_angel
January 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
i would have a heavyweight gym. And it would probably be located by a mountain or something, and this would be my team:

snorlax
metagross
steelix
tyranitar
hariyama
golem

i know by having heavyweights theres a big low kick advantage thouhg :(

BowserBlastoise
January 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I'd go with ground type. I tend to think I don't have a favorite type, but looking at my favorite pokemon I find a trend towards ground types.

Donphan
Golem
Camerupt
Marowak
Nidoking
Sandslash

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!
January 14th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Forgive the length of my post. I have a ton of free time. ^_^;

Gym type: Steel

Position: Seventh gym leader

Team: