PDA

View Full Version : Former Iraqi Dictator: Executed

Gunn
December 29th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been executed, according to two Arabic language media outlets. Earlier, an Iraqi judge told CNN Hussein would be hanged before dawn on Saturday in Iraq, (10 p.m. Friday ET). The former president was convicted of crimes against humanity in connection with the killings of 148 people in Dujail.

Well, he's gone. And for what he's convicted of lead him to this.

Saddam Hussein
1937 - 2006.

Happy New Year, if it's yet so happy.

Oh, it's on the front page of CNN (http://www.cnn.com/), by the way.
Better link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/29/hussein/index.html

Squeegee Beckenheim
December 29th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Hmmm, well, I think it is a good time to start praying for our armed forces in Iraq because they are going to get a lot of casualties today.

MegaFuz
December 29th, 2006, 08:01 PM
It's about time.

I read he gave his brother his will when he visited him in his jail cell yesterday. I knew it wouldn't be long...

Now, let the chaos begin. =\

Dawg 2005
December 29th, 2006, 09:30 PM
He had it coming, and I really do hope he suffered, struggling for each and every breath.

Um, yeah. So now things will really hype up in the war, and all we can do is hope they have bad suicide bombers who don't kill a thing but themselves, eh?

Ullion
December 29th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Well, if their leader is dead and they don't quite know what to do, couldn't the army just pull out of Iraq? I know might sound kind of stupid, but who knows? (Not me.. XD)

Forever
December 30th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I'm not going to have an opinion..because ghosts might actually exist.

But I know my Muslim friend would be happy...So I'm only happy for her. XD

Drummershuff
December 30th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Even though he did so many things wrong I can't stop feeling a sense of guilt about his execution.

Sure, he murdered hundreds of people, but by taking his life, doesn't that make us sink to his level?

Amachi
December 30th, 2006, 05:40 AM
He had it coming, and I really do hope he suffered, struggling for each and every breath.
Considering how hangings are supposed to break the criminals neck in an instant, I can't say that he suffered really.

Which is quite unfortunate, cause I think he deserved worse than death.

Jaguarsfan2004
December 30th, 2006, 09:08 AM
i'm happy for the people of IRAQ

Ullion
December 30th, 2006, 09:44 AM
;2333582']Considering how hangings are supposed to break the criminals neck in an instant, I can't say that he suffered really.

Which is quite unfortunate, cause I think he deserved worse than death.

Ya, torturing. XD

Either way, Nica, even if he did come back as a ghost, I'm sure he'd be less dangerous than in real life, so don't worry. >.>

Oh and also, killing him is better than putting him in jail and stuff. I mean, it takes money, effort and supplies to hold people in jail, if we just killed them, sicne their well (this may sound harsh XD) useless in society, then it just amkes sense to kill them.

Drummershuff
December 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah, but Irac is very divided about it. Some people are outraged he was executed while others are happy. I don't see that it's going so solve much if some aren't happy about it.

Persona
December 30th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Saddam had his run in killing inoccent people, it's only fair for him to be executed. I can't see why some people from Iraq would be disappointed of the execution, really, he wasn't that of a great leader at all. At least it's over and done with. =\

Gunn
December 30th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I haven't yet heard any news on some Iraqi's being upset about this. So far, there have only been celebrations in the streets of Baghdad, and other cities in Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/30/hussein.iraq.reax/

Amachi
December 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, but Irac is very divided about it. Some people are outraged he was executed while others are happy. I don't see that it's going so solve much if some aren't happy about it.
Ehh, well of course you can't please everyone.

Well I just realised that this signifies the USA finally fixing up a mistake of theirs.

Blastoise
December 30th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Kill the pig! Drink his blood!

Seriously, it's probably a good thing that he's gone, but it always just creeps me out to say that I'm glad somebody's dead. I don't care how bad they were, the creepy and guilty feeling remains. I don't think I really understand how people feel when they say that...oh well.

Tensaiji
December 30th, 2006, 01:59 PM
I'm happy he's dead. I don't care if his ghost comes and haunts me. I read his boigraphy and he deserved it as well as he did to the Shiittes. I mean his killed millions of people and some of yous say we sink to his level. Well by all means, if we sink into his level, we're happy about it. Does anyone know where his video is at on the internet, my father wants to see it.

Yami Rui
December 30th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Good riddance to a sick minded man. Although I doubt this will affect the current conflicts in Afganastan {Sorry if I spelled that wrong} and Iraq too much.

Mario The World Champion
December 30th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I was actually online when I saw the headlines that they killed Saddam. I didn't expect them to kill him off that quickly.

Part of me is overjoyed that he's dead, but the other part of me fears that those guys will see him as a martyr in the whole War On Terror and the attacks on our fighting men and women will get much worse.

Ullion
December 30th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Kill the pig! Drink his blood!

Seriously, it's probably a good thing that he's gone, but it always just creeps me out to say that I'm glad somebody's dead. I don't care how bad they were, the creepy and guilty feeling remains. I don't think I really understand how people feel when they say that...oh well.

No guilt here. Then again I could really care less eitherway because I havn't been affected (my way of life) snce I don't travel much and stuff. I mean, I might be overjoyed if I lived in America, but I am yet to feel threatened XD

And it isn't sinking down to his level. We did not kill millions of innocent people, i think. Eitherway, shouldnt the army just pull out of Iraq sicne they no longer have a leader? >.>

Red1530
December 31st, 2006, 08:00 AM
I'm glad that Saddam has be hanged and it is about time he paid for all of his Crimes Against Humanity.