PDA

View Full Version : A Wii bit of a problem.....

Makoto
January 4th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Okay, I've been wanting a Wii.....since last January or so. I have $150 right now. I just got the GameCube version of Twilight Princess in the mail (late Xmas present), which would bring the total up to $200, should I sell it back to the store. I also loaned someone $80 over a period of....a long time, which would give me $280, which is enough for a Wii with tax included in the price....

Okay, so here's my problem:

When I got my GC TP in the mail, it didn't come with a receipt. It's still unopened, mind you. Despite that, I don't think they'll be willing to take it back quite so easily. Does anyone know any good bargaining strategies to get them to take it back? And if not, a way to earn $50?

AC drain
January 4th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Well you could just keep it, the GC version is almost the same, seriously. Otherwise you'll have to try and sell it to gamestop, and since it's new you should get at least 40$. And while you're there, why not sell some of your old crap you don't need?

Makoto
January 4th, 2007, 08:30 AM
It's nothing against the GameCube Twilight Princess.... It's just I'd rather have a Wii than another GC game right now...

And as for "sell stuff," I've thought of that. But a very close, wise friend of mine here told me not to and has been long before I made this thread. I figure he has his reasons....

AC drain
January 4th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Well, honestly they don't give you that much money, if they did they'd get less profit. If you have no proof of purchase then you really have no other options. The best bet is to sell it on ebay; for some reason wii games go for more there then they're worth. Even just check it out, go to ebay and seacrh Wii games, and you'll see zelda for 50-60 bucks.

UnHoly
January 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
u said it came in the mail, if u ordered from the internet, see if you can get an invoice or something, the company should have emailed you one, when the order was confirmed.

Makoto
January 4th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Well, honestly they don't give you that much money, if they did they'd get less profit. If you have no proof of purchase then you really have no other options. The best bet is to sell it on ebay; for some reason wii games go for more there then they're worth. Even just check it out, go to ebay and seacrh Wii games, and you'll see zelda for 50-60 bucks.

Good idea. Assuming I have the self-control not to open it before mom gets home, I'll do it....

u said it came in the mail, if u ordered from the internet, see if you can get an invoice or something, the company should have emailed you one, when the order was confirmed.

Oh, it was a Christmas present I just now got in the mail today. Forgot to mention that. I'll edit it soon.....

AC drain
January 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
yeah, if you have an ebay account already, you're all set. I bought metal slug anthology for about 30 bucks, brand new, and got 62 bucks for it online XD

Mudkip85
January 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well if your fifteen then a paper round wouldnt go a miss. Its an easy way to earn some money and best of all it wouldnt take long to raise $50.

~Kipper~

Drew
January 5th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I have TP for the GameCube, and personally I like it better then the Wii version.
Then again, I only like it because Zelda games have always been difficult for me, and the it would harder to do the Wii version for me...Thus I'm happy with the GC version.

Eventually though, I do hope to get the Wii version as well...xD
I dont even have a Wii yet though... ><;; Since they're $400-500 now... x__x

I don't know anywhere that would give you full price for the TP game though...maybe sorta close, but not full price..

.Socks
January 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Well if your fifteen then a paper round wouldnt go a miss. Its an easy way to earn some money and best of all it wouldnt take long to raise $50.

~Kipper~

Was that sarcasm or seriousness? I haven't seen paper-children in ages :/

You should sell your old games on eBay. Or cut your arm off and sell it.

Or sell your Gamecube.

Rayquaza1
January 7th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Was that sarcasm or seriousness? I haven't seen paper-children in ages :/

You should sell your old games on eBay. Or cut your arm off and sell it.

Or sell your Gamecube.

Yeah, if you buy a Wii then there is no need for a gamecube, only gamecube controllers, memory cards, and games since gamecube games are compatible with the Wii.

Zero ex
January 20th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Ebay', lol, sell it there, or as the other people said, go to gamestop or ebgames. They can give you 35 to 40$.

Aegis
January 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
I have TP for the GameCube, and personally I like it better then the Wii version.
Then again, I only like it because Zelda games have always been difficult for me, and the it would harder to do the Wii version for me...Thus I'm happy with the GC version.

Eventually though, I do hope to get the Wii version as well...xD
I dont even have a Wii yet though... ><;; Since they're $400-500 now... x__x

I don't know anywhere that would give you full price for the TP game though...maybe sorta close, but not full price..

How do you know you don't like it if you don't have a Wii?

Personally, I think you should just save up little bits of money, like allowance. But then again, you could just trade in TP, and save up the extra $10