• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jessies Lickitung

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
i have been watchin the 1st season of pokemon and came across this:
in eppisode 49 so near yet so farfetch'd, when team rocket are in the boat and loose there pokemon, jessie mentions Lickitung yet she actuly got lickitung in eppisode 52 princess vs princess.
this is crazy i mean couldn't the writers remember that she didn't have that pokemon then

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
Years
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 25, 2007
Just checked out TV.com and they say it was aired out of order. In fact in Japan it was aired just after the episode Jesse got Lickitung so it would of made sense if the episodes were aired in the right order.

Last edited:
Years
Well, you can attribute that to "what happened to Brock's Tauros?" or the dub never explaining Ash's Tauros. I'm sure it was out of order (Kids WB was ordering episodes left and right at the time, I think), but I'd take it as a continuity plot hole of doom myself.

Years
Could be a bit of foreshadowing, or what DC said above me. Who knows, there have been weirder things that they have done.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
Years
If you do watch the dubbed version of the anime, you will notice that ocassionaly they do make dubbing errors every now and again such as saying 'flame thrower' instead of 'fire spin' and sometimes even names of pokemon mixed up too. It does spoil the anime but i guess everyones entitled to some mistakes.

~Kipper~

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
If you do watch the dubbed version of the anime, you will notice that ocassionaly they do make dubbing errors every now and again such as saying 'flame thrower' instead of 'fire spin' and sometimes even names of pokemon mixed up too. It does spoil the anime but i guess everyones entitled to some mistakes.

~Kipper~

Good point. I think that several first season episodes were out of order. But... yeah, I agree with Mudkip85

Back