PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Shadow
January 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I got various games for Christmas (this one, Shadow the Hedgehog, Final Fantasy XII, Pokemon XD, Star Wars Battlefront 2, New Super Mario Bros., and a Burning Crusade reservation), and I have to say, thus far, Paper Mario has enraptured me the most out of them all.

I am, I imagine (if the 7 chapters then an 8th for the final fights keeps from the first game) halfway done. It has been quite interesting compared to the original, while keeping many old features (perhaps too many, the first chapter seemed near identical to the first game in many respects) it improves on a lot and adds a bunch of new things (finally! A Yoshi on your team!).

Perhaps one of my favorite aspects of the Paper Mario series is how every boss fight has its own theme (I love boss fight music XD). I am stuck listening to all the boss fight themes I've heard thus far (especially Doopliss').

Comments on this game (please block spoilers for those that haven't finished. I blame Pokemon XD and WoW D: ).

Cherrim
January 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Aww, I'm probably going to be replaying this soon. The other day I sat down and couldn't decide whether I wanted to play the first Paper Mario or the second one, and the first one won out. XD; But I'm nearly done that and do wanna play TYD after.

:B I liked finally having the Yoshi partner too.

Sanctuary
January 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Yep I got this game a couple of months ago and it is really quite 'addictive' once you start playing it! I'm only up to the Keehaul Key part but the monsters are too hard for me so I gave up > >

xD Yoshi is one of my FAVOURITE characters in Mario so I was really happy to be able to get a Yoshi! I got a Blue one which I called Bluie and in another save file I had a Green Yoshi...uh called Yoshi xD

Perhaps one of my favorite aspects of the Paper Mario series is how every boss fight has its own theme (I love boss fight music XD). I am stuck listening to all the boss fight themes I've heard thus far (especially Doopliss').
xD I haven't played PM:TTYD for ages but I do remember Doopliss' battle theme! It was kinda annoying I thought Dx That bell was annoying during the fight (the volume was turned on HIGH o.O)..

J
January 6th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Well, because I got the game a long time ago, I had enough time to complete all four save files. :x

I'm trying to beat the Pit of 100 Trials and complete my Tattle logs now.

Bomberman
January 6th, 2007, 08:27 AM
I've had it for about a year, I got all the way to the last boss battle and still can't beat her =/

Rayquaza1
January 7th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I beat the game four times by last summer and I was going for another memory card, but then I went on playing other games since I completely forgot to buy a new memory card because my other ones were full with games. (Yes, I'm a Nintendo addict. I have over 60% of the games for each console except for the Wii of course since I live in the Middle East and games come 3 weeks after they comes out in America)