PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero Discussion

Joey the Cockroach
January 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM
just as the question says. i am on Medium at the minute, but can play 1 song on hard. IMO, expert is almost impossible for me.
my highest score: 172,540 hard - Ramones: i wanna be sedated. i tried to play this on expert but it was too hard for me. i play right handed better.

Esupio
January 14th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Yeah, main discussion for the second of this great series and ideas for the third game.

I play on medium, and sometimes on hard.

Song I want for the third:
Master Exploder- Tenacious D
Pinball Wizard- The Who
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
Beezleboss - Tenacious D
Naive - The Kooks
Don't Fall Asleep on the Subway - Less Than Jake.

And I want a Wii version of number three

Joey the Cockroach
January 16th, 2007, 10:51 PM
well i seem to be struggling at medium on the 5th set of songs. Crossroads is too hard for me at the moment, but i can pull through with the other ones. what is your band name? my band name is called Aqua Lake.

Esupio
January 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM
well i seem to be struggling at medium on the 5th set of songs. Crossroads is too hard for me at the moment, but i can pull through with the other ones. what is your band name? my band name is called Aqua Lake.

I don't own the first.

and as a loving tribute to tenacious D

Tenacious D

Joey the Cockroach
January 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM
i have the second one, but im not playing it yet because i wanna see how far i get through the first one. i play a few songs on II, and yesterday, i just done Bark at the Moon. the hardest song in the game, on Medium.

Esupio
January 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM
i have the second one, but im not playing it yet because i wanna see how far i get through the first one. i play a few songs on II, and yesterday, i just done Bark at the Moon. the hardest song in the game, on Medium.

When I played Free Bird (no. 2) the first time I did it was medium, and god its an awesome song.

Exokriz
January 19th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I own both of the games, I am on hard mode on both of the games also.

On Guitar Hero I: I am on the song by Queens of the Stone Age, I cannot get past it
On Guitar Hero II: I am on the 3rd song of the first set, the one with all the fast chords and chord shifts. I can't get passed that one either.

Has anyone ever played this game with the PS2 Controller? It's sad but I can murder my cousin at this game with just the controller while he uses the guitar.

And I want a Wii version of number three

I wouldn't count on it.

Joey the Cockroach
January 22nd, 2007, 12:15 AM
well ive started guitar hero 2, and there are some good songs on there! but i dont know what hard will be like though.

Esupio
January 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

Its being ported to all major consoles of the next gen (well current gen if you think about it XD)

Reggie also said he wants GH on the Wii.
they just need to make a shell where you can slot the Wiimote into (like the Zapper seen at e3) or just use the Nunchuck as a strum bar, and use button combo's on the wiimote for stuff

Third song first set, woman, or mother not sure

Geometric-sama
January 25th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I play medium when I can, but that isn't often since I don't have a PS2 and none of my friends have Guitar Hero so I can't go over to their places and play it. I haven't failed a song on medium yet; my main problem is not knowing the songs.

Joey the Cockroach
January 25th, 2007, 10:57 PM
ive just done hangar 18 on medium, what a class song! i got about 3 or 4 stars but i dont mind. i only got one song to do, which is institutional by suicidal tendencies.

Esupio
January 26th, 2007, 07:56 AM
ive just done hangar 18 on medium, what a class song! i got about 3 or 4 stars but i dont mind. i only got one song to do, which is institutional by suicidal tendencies.

Be prepared for your encore.

Just be prepared.

Joey the Cockroach
January 27th, 2007, 06:02 AM
free bird! yeah, about 10 minutes long, it wasnt that hard, i got 5 stars on it, i tried to start hard, but i seem i cant hit the orange fret button that quick, then moving back to the lower fret buttons.

Esupio
January 28th, 2007, 04:57 AM
free bird! yeah, about 10 minutes long, it wasnt that hard, i got 5 stars on it, i tried to start hard, but i seem i cant hit the orange fret button that quick, then moving back to the lower fret buttons.

Hard is welll Hard, the orange fret button is a killer unless your playing with an actual ps2 controller then its easy cause its just the X button XD

Joey the Cockroach
January 29th, 2007, 11:14 PM
it would be easy with a controller XD

i seem to be getting somewhere with hard on the first one, just done unsung.
there is something which REALLY p's me off. hammer ons and pull offs! i cant do them as quick!

Haunter Master
January 30th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Ohhh, in 1 they are hard, but on GH2 I can do them with ease
I usually play bass on GH2, but on GH1 I can do almost all on expert.

Esupio
January 30th, 2007, 07:47 AM
it would be easy with a controller XD

i seem to be getting somewhere with hard on the first one, just done unsung.
there is something which REALLY p's me off. hammer ons and pull offs! i cant do them as quick!

They're natural for me now XD, I just do them without knowing

Joey the Cockroach
February 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
i got up to the last songs on hard,and my memory card went. oh dogs balls.

Esupio
February 10th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't count on it.

Well its been announced by a spokesperson at activision, I counted on it and got it <3

TRIFORCE89
February 10th, 2007, 05:45 AM
It's coming to the Wii. Should be interesting. Guitar Hero, DDR, Donkey Kong, Wii Music. It's going to be a musical year for the Wii.

Esupio
February 10th, 2007, 09:37 AM
It's coming to the Wii. Should be interesting. Guitar Hero, DDR, Donkey Kong, Wii Music. It's going to be a musical year for the Wii.

And theres the guy that got the consoles disc slot light to glow with the music of his Wii, its awesome XD

I haven't played GH in a while O.o

Live in Color
February 10th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I have Guitar Hero II and I beat Medium, I skipped Easy. I tried Hard and I can't get the orange button, it's too hard. I did Woman on expert, but slowed it down, and I have trouble at the solo part. I can get through the song perfect up to the solo, and it makes me angry.

Joey the Cockroach
February 10th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Woman is quite hard for me, but i just managed to pull it off on hard. im right back onto hard on the first one, still cant believe that my memory card was corrupted though.

Ninja Monkey
February 10th, 2007, 09:36 PM
The second game has too many songs that I can't stand, so I only play the ones I like through quick play. I can play Sweet Child O' Mine on expert with 5 stars pretty much every time unless I really really screw up. I can only get 5 stars on Free Bird on hard difficulty though.

On GH1 the hammer ons and pull offs don't work so well, so I still haven't been able to beat Bark at the Moon on expert. <_<

Joey the Cockroach
February 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
well i cant believe it! i did Bark At The Moon on hard! but i got two other pain in the ass songs to do. Frankenstein and Cowboys From Hell. Frankenstein is much harder, i can only do most 40%, but my best is 72%. its a really tough song. as for Cowboys From Hell, my best is 95%, and i lost it. i really thought i could do it. i can do some pull offs, except i dont hold all the notes to do it. hammer ons is still a pain in the ass.

Rioku_Zanketa
February 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I'm kinda in the mix of hard and expert...my skill level keeps changing(like,I can tackle an expert song,and then other times,I have difficulty with hard).....so,yea.

♠Shiny♠Mr.Mime♠
February 18th, 2007, 06:11 PM
i say for the third one they have the following songs

famous last words-my chemical romance
free bird-lynerd skynerd
stairway to heaven-led zepplin
tnt-acdc

and many more i cant think of

and on my guitar hero 2 i am on medium

Esupio
February 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM
i say for the third one they have the following songs

famous last words-my chemical romance
free bird-lynerd skynerd
stairway to heaven-led zepplin
tnt-acdc

and many more i cant think of

and on my guitar hero 2 i am on medium

Free Bird is on GH2.
Famous Last words ain't a great song and some MCR songs are on GH2 for the 360.

Something by the kooks would be could, change the guitar to accoustic.

Horrorshow
February 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM
God, I freaking love Guitar Hero.

I don't have the first one (I need to get it), but my father got me GHII for Christmas last year, and I play it a /lot/. I play on expert for a lot of songs, but there are still a few that just fly right over my head. And as it turns out, it helps you if you practice on a real guitar beforehand. Though, I gotta say, some of the songs on the second version are kinda off. Like Misirlou? That's nothing like the real song. And Trogdor is way easier to play on a real guitar in drop D.

Still, extremely fun game. I'd have to say that my favorite song on Guitar Hero 2 would have to be Thunderhorse. Maybe I'll steal the first one from my friend so I can pick out a favorite song from there. :0

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
February 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I expert Frankenstein, Iron Man, and Spanish Castle Magic in I. Maybe 'cause it was the only heavy I like there. Also, I can only play at my comrade's house, so well...

As for II, I've only played it a Best Buy, lol. Some long-haired guy pwned me after I was feeling worthy.

About III I hope for Black Dog, Transylvania, any Rush song and nothing concerning MCR nor Nirvana at all. I want to play good songs, not mediocre crap.

Ninja Monkey
February 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM
well i cant believe it! i did Bark At The Moon on hard! but i got two other pain in the ass songs to do. Frankenstein and Cowboys From Hell. Frankenstein is much harder, i can only do most 40%, but my best is 72%. its a really tough song. as for Cowboys From Hell, my best is 95%, and i lost it. i really thought i could do it. i can do some pull offs, except i dont hold all the notes to do it. hammer ons is still a pain in the ass.

Cowboys from Hell is easily the hardest song in the game on expert. Bark at the Moon is only hard(at least for me) because you can't do hammer ons and pull offs as well as you can in GH2. I've gotten 99% on Bark at the Moon on expert, but the very end always seems to screw me up. Cowboys from Hell has a really hard chorus.

Samurai X
February 19th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Cowboys from Hell is easily the hardest song in the game on expert. Bark at the Moon is only hard(at least for me) because you can't do hammer ons and pull offs as well as you can in GH2. I've gotten 99% on Bark at the Moon on expert, but the very end always seems to screw me up. Cowboys from Hell has a really hard chorus.

You sir, have got to be a beast at Guitar Hero to pass Bark at the Moon with 99%. Heck, even the best player on Score Hero only got a 98%. Seriously though, are you being honest? If you are then you should go put up your scores on Score Hero.

Anyways, I can 5 star a couple of songs on expert in GH II. I only rented GH I and passed it on medium for the quickie and then I played it on hard and expert, it's harder than GH II. Free Bird is definitely my favorite although I still can't pass it on expert, I tend to do pretty well when the "hard part" starts but the length of the song gets to me. Some of the songs I can 5 star on expert are: Heart-Shaped Box, Gemini, Carry On Wayward Son, Sweet Child O' Mine and Jessica. Yeah I know, those are the easy ones. There might be more if I would practice but my PS2 broke. So now I'm waiting for the 360 version...

Ninja Monkey
February 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
You sir, have got to be a beast at Guitar Hero to pass Bark at the Moon with 99%. Heck, even the best player on Score Hero only got a 98%. Seriously though, are you being honest? If you are then you should go put up your scores on Score Hero.

Anyways, I can 5 star a couple of songs on expert in GH II. I only rented GH I and passed it on medium for the quickie and then I played it on hard and expert, it's harder than GH II. Free Bird is definitely my favorite although I still can't pass it on expert, I tend to do pretty well when the "hard part" starts but the length of the song gets to me. Some of the songs I can 5 star on expert are: Heart-Shaped Box, Gemini, Carry On Wayward Son, Sweet Child O' Mine and Jessica. Yeah I know, those are the easy ones. There might be more if I would practice but my PS2 broke. So now I'm waiting for the 360 version...

I didn't beat it at 99%, I got 99% of the way through the song. Sorry if I worded it poorly.

I agree about Free Bird, my pinky finger stops pressing the button hard enough, which kind of sucks.

Samurai X
February 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I didn't beat it at 99%, I got 99% of the way through the song. Sorry if I worded it poorly.

I agree about Free Bird, my pinky finger stops pressing the button hard enough, which kind of sucks.

I see, well Bark at the Moon is no easy feat. You'll get through it eventually.

Wait, so you use your pinky finger for the orange fret? I try to play like that but it's too hard. I don't use my pinky finger most of the time. I just use my three fingers and move my hand accordingly, you have to be fast but it works. I only use my pinky when I really need to or when there are three button chords with an orange involved.

Joey the Cockroach
February 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM
i done both games on hard, and on I Frankenstein was a pain in the ass. as for II, Carry Me Home is the HARDEST song i have ever played, even harder than Bark At The Moon IMO. Institutionalized, after the quick notes, i had to forget the orange fret, and play as usual. Hangar 18 is my fav song on that game, i didnt do too badly, but also i cant double strum as i cant keep control of the other hand. Freebird wasnt bad, got 4 stars for it, and im getting quite used to these HOPO although they are still a pain.

As for the GH3, i would like to see:
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Sum 41 - We're all to blame
Guns n Roses - You Could Be Mine

♠Shiny♠Mr.Mime♠
February 26th, 2007, 05:17 AM
well i just realized freebird was one gh2 and i loved it lol

we need stairway to heaven on gh3

and was smoke on the water on gh1

Esupio
February 26th, 2007, 07:53 AM
well i just realized freebird was one gh2 and i loved it lol

we need stairway to heaven on gh3

and was smoke on the water on gh1

Smoke on the water is on Gh1, its bound to be, its like the ultimate guitar anthem

Joey the Cockroach
March 8th, 2007, 12:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just started expert on GH1, and im onto the 5th set of songs. im practicing beast and the harlot on the 8th set on hard.

Note: i didnt know about this at first, but there is some way of putting songs like Welcome to the Jungle on GH2, although it takes somewhat a long time but ive never done it. but the hardest i have ever seen is Dragonforce - fury of the storm. imo THE HARDEST SONG EVER.

Logan
March 8th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I've done the first one with a normal controller so I've only done the normal set. For the second, I've had a guitar so I've done normal+hard mix... but my friend has done the expert set with only a controller. OwO

Joey the Cockroach
March 10th, 2007, 08:39 AM
A Controller is very hard to play it imo

carry me home, i can only play it in medium very well, my best song is Killing in the Name, with a score of 315,243.

Esupio
March 10th, 2007, 09:42 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just started expert on GH1, and im onto the 5th set of songs. im practicing beast and the harlot on the 8th set on hard.

Note: i didnt know about this at first, but there is some way of putting songs like Welcome to the Jungle on GH2, although it takes somewhat a long time but ive never done it. but the hardest i have ever seen is Dragonforce - fury of the storm. imo THE HARDEST SONG EVER.

Dragonforce are known for their amazingly fast songs, It would be almost impossible to play one of their songs on GH2

Joey the Cockroach
April 2nd, 2007, 02:07 AM
Well, i went back to GH1 and tried my luck at BATM on Expert. and im the same Ninja Monkey, the end screws me up. 98% through, but not completed.

Lil-Dill
April 2nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
Well I only have GH1 so im almost done the game just got to beat hard and expert.

Wow GH3 nice I want the song
Helicopter by Bloc Party thas all.
Btw in toronto at our BlockBuster video stores we have these badges of honour. Its for aa charity to kids who really need it. Check this link out to see the awesome badge of honour for GH2 on X-Box 360 Live http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/community/xboxinthecommunity/default.htm
Yay! I have the GH2 badge, just got it yesterday ^.^

JBassFox
May 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
The new Guitar Hero for XBox 360 is okay, but there's really only two songs that I like out of all the new ones they added in. Oh yeah, and I absolutely hate the firebird guitar. I very much rather prefer the SG style. I feel sad that I'm in an uncomfortable position with that thing poking me. :(

TRIFORCE89
May 23rd, 2007, 11:52 AM
This thread has been inactive for over a month. Please do not revive old threads. *locks*

Esupio
May 23rd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Tonnes of new stuff announced for this game, including:

The guitars we'll be using are: Gibson Les Paul and the Kramer models.

Some of the songs we'll be rocking out to:
*Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
* Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
* Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
* School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
* Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

We'll also be rocking out using wireless controllers, so no wire tripping.
Online modes have been confirmed. This includes: ONLINE ROCK OFFS, and Downloadable Songs

This game will be avaliable on the: Wii, PS3, Ps2 and Xbox 360.

I'm so psyched for this game.
would have posted this in the other GH thread, but it got revived and then locked.

Haunter Master
May 23rd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Don't forget the DS version in Spring 2008! I'm so psyched!

Scales
May 23rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
LOL tenacious D. But it has its most umpopular song on the planet. Oh and it has Slow ride and Barracuda.

Anyway I cantg wait for Guitar hero 3. It must be harder then the 2nd one. I cannot wait for the ps2 version

Soulinferno
May 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM
GHII is awesome though im stuck about halfway through hard mode. =[

Soulinferno
May 25th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Also estupido all of the info you posted is completely wrong. Except d/l songs.

Sorry for double post.

Ninja Monkey
May 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Also estupido all of the info you posted is completely wrong. Except d/l songs.

Sorry for double post.
1: his name is esupio, not estupido

2: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/tenacious-d-wireless-hits-next-guitar-hero-262809.php