PDA

View Full Version : One Thing Fire Red and Leaf Green Should have Kept From Ruby and Sapphire

Dizzy
April 25th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Message: I know that Fire Red and Leaf Green are Remakes, and many new things are kept, Such as Johto Pokemon and Berries.

What do you think they should have kept from Ruby and Sapphire that they didnt in Fire Red and Leaf Green? I think they should have kept the Secret Bases, and the Berry Bushes, and Contests. Even though Berries are in Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can't grow them, you have to get them off Pokemon or Find them in the Ground, or get a Pokemon with Pick-Up to find it. The Running shoes are Included in Fire Red and Leaf Green By the Way....But it's just a remake.

Chamo-Me Dizzy

Frostweaver
April 25th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Message: I know that Fire Red and Leaf Green are Remakes, and many new things are kept, Such as Johto Pokemon and Berries.

What do you think they should have kept from Ruby and Sapphire that they didnt in Fire Red and Leaf Green? I think they should have kept the Secret Bases, and the Berry Bushes, and Contests. Even though Berries are in Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can't grow them, you have to get them off Pokemon or Find them in the Ground, or get a Pokemon with Pick-Up to find it. The Running shoes are Included in Fire Red and Leaf Green By the Way....But it's just a remake.

Chamo-Me Dizzy
The most and only valuable things from FRLG are...
-making even more ubars (Deoxy-F and Deoxy-L) as if there isn't enough
-move tutors...

Result of the above: an enhanced netbattle =)

Dizzy
April 25th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I like the TM System, The Berry-Bag, Tv, Map, and some other cool things, but they should have combined it into a super thingy gadget

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 25th, 2004, 10:29 PM
The Item Find sound. When you pick up a PokBall item it makes the "Cracked!" sound (otherwise known as the Level up sound in games before FRLG). They should have at least used the "Item Obtained" sound in GSC/RS...

bna_li
April 25th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I like the contests... and the berries.

Lucifer
April 26th, 2004, 02:58 AM
Contests are stupid. I'm glad to hear they're not in FR/LG.

Intuition
April 26th, 2004, 06:39 AM
In the original Red and Blue versions there wheren't any contests..
So why should there be any now??..

stewie&rupert
April 26th, 2004, 05:56 PM

Chamo-Me Dizzy

:'( theres no secret bases.......thats my absolute favorite thing in r/s. so wat if there remakes, they put the running shoes but no secret base. wat a rip-off. :tired: literaly rip-off since they always 'rip-off' the good stuff from the game.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 26th, 2004, 10:25 PM
BUT there were Mystery Islands that could make up for contests, secret bases and all, too bad they didn't use them.

Dizzy
April 27th, 2004, 12:09 PM

There were alot of things in the Old Game that they didnt have, but made it to this game anyways.

Intuition
April 27th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Yeah, your right.. Wasn't thinking at the time.. :P lol

stewie&rupert
April 27th, 2004, 12:38 PM
theres no contests in the rainbow islands. no matter i dont care, i never liked it. *i could never win :\*

Intuition
April 28th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Same here.. I was to lazy to do that stupid contests..

Shinin
April 28th, 2004, 03:41 AM
They should've had the old TMs... the old ones were better than the R/S ones...
I don't really care about contests or berries.

PokeReaper
April 28th, 2004, 09:02 PM
So basically from what you guys have said, I think that Pokmon FR/LG is not a remake OR revamp of the original Pokmon series, but is actually a hybrid of the original series AND Ruby/Sapphire in more ways than just graphics.

With that being said, it is MY opinion that FR/LG is a TERRIBLE hybrid because it has R/S's TM's, no contests, Johto is uncharted once again, obviously you just have that one crappy little STANDARD bike [since no one has mentioned the MACH BIKE or ACRO BIKE], & there are STILL a big chunk of the G/S/C Pokmon nowhere to be found !

How do you OFFICIALLY capture all 386 then ?

Ah ha !
most, if not all, of those G/S/C Pokmon ARE capturable in Pokmon Colosseum, & then transferrible to R/S.

Well, I'll just sum-it-up like this:
Pokmon Fire Red/ Leaf Green good/Bad Points
GOOD
1. Better graphics
2. Trade ability with Ruby/Sapphire [and possibly Pokmon Colosseum, but not necessary if you have Ruby or Sapphire]
3. More adventure to explore. [Mystery Islands]

BAD
1. Ruby/Sapphire TM's instead of the FIRST SET of TM's.
2. No breeding.
3. Nintendo will give everyone besides JAPAN the short-end of the stick by taking Deoxys OUT like they did with Mew, Celebi, & Jirachi OR They'll leave Deoxys in, BUT take Mew out AGAIN & STILL leave you wondering about Celebi.
WHAT ABOUT CELEBI ! ! !
4. You'll most likely have to wait until Pokmon Coloseum 2 to use some of your Pokmon in 3-D battles because the strategy guide for Pokmon Colosseum only mentions Pokmon caught in Pokmon Colosseum & R/S as usable in Pokmon Colosseum.
5. Just send me a private message for the rest because I WILL buy both versions, but I STILL belive that Fire Red/Leaf Green sux !

I just want a new adventure, & it's close enough for me.

YES, I'M VERY BORED.

Frostweaver
April 28th, 2004, 09:11 PM
-the old set of TMs ARE in the game. Just that they are now move tutors, and not TMs. All the old TMs are bought back such as explosion, substitute and so on.

-there is breeding... it's on one of the islands

-so what about Nintendo... as long as they included them in the game, Netbattle will have them so no lost

-major strategies change, opening new strategies and making even more Pokemon usable ^-^

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 28th, 2004, 10:32 PM
frostweaver - Are we talking netbattle? Because we are talking actual carts, not net play. But I don't understand it too much anyway...

Others - Berries do exist, in a sack.

Demotruk
April 29th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Um, I know nobody will agree with me, but I like the idea of no contests in FR/LG. I do like contests, but only so that my pokemon can be covered in ribbons. It's good that you can only obtain the contest ribbons in R/S, thereby giving more prestige to Pokemon that have been traded from R/S to FR/LG with lots of ribbons. Although, I know very few people actually care about the ribbons.

Same goes for berries. TO be strategical with berries in FR/LG you probably have to grow them in R/S and trade them, thereby making them more valuable to FR/LG players, making item trading more useful. But once again, some people don't care about berries.

Intuition
April 29th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Well.. I agree with you Demotruk..

Sponge_Bartjuh
April 29th, 2004, 08:46 AM
what's the use of berries in FR/LG anyway? I mean, if there are no contests and all... I never use them for healing paralysis or sleep or whatever... and healing 10 HP? give me a break -.-

Intuition
April 29th, 2004, 08:47 AM
That's the only use I think.. The paralyse berrie can be useful though

Dizzy
April 29th, 2004, 10:49 AM
what's the use of berries in FR/LG anyway? I mean, if there are no contests and all... I never use them for healing paralysis or sleep or whatever... and healing 10 HP? give me a break -.-

You could trade them to Ruby and Sapphire, but keep the ones that help status impairments :).

Well.. I agree with you Demotruk..

Please don't spam mewther, you could say more then I agree with you.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 29th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Berries can also serve as HOLD items, you know, guys...

awkwardsilencer
April 29th, 2004, 03:51 PM
what are you guys talking about net battles?...the wireless adapter? cuz thats not net, with that u can play with people like only a half mile away. lol

Lucifer
April 30th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Netbattle is a program that allows you to have Pokemon fights over the internet. It's pretty good if you're a hardcore battler, but I prefer to just stick to the games. I sometimes venture on to get my a55 kicked by the elites there though. All in the name of fun. ^o)

awkwardsilencer
April 30th, 2004, 12:06 PM
oh yeh i know that netbattle, but i thot u ment it was gonna be something with fr/lg...but any ways , with net battle do u actually see ur guys like the game, or is it just like a chat?

PokeReaper
May 3rd, 2004, 07:25 PM
thereby making them more valuable to FR/LG players, making item trading more useful.
I never thought about not being able to grow berries in FR/LG like that before.
Now the only question is this:
CAN you trade berries that didn't exist in the original games to FR/LG from R/S ?
You SHOULD be able to.

Nintendo's President is the video game industry's version of Vince McMahon.
Just look at how they keep successfully exploiting the Pokmon series.
I hate Nintendo.

Think about it.
Red & Blue are the exact same game.-- They just have like 11 exclusive pokmon each forcing you to trade to get all of them, but when you don't have any friends to trade with you have to cheat or buy BOTH games just to catch all of them.
The same goes for Gold & Silver.
Yellow was slightly different from R/B, but kids only bought it so they could have "ASH'S PIKACHU".
Crystal was slightly different from G/S, but I only bought it because they said they were going to leave in the ability to catch the genuine CELEBI.
They did that, but you have to use 3 GS codes to do so.

I HATE NINTENDO !
They're geniuses, but they're EVIL, LYING geniuses !

Dizzy
May 15th, 2004, 10:21 AM
They should rid of this "national pokedex" thingy. I mean Ruby and Sapphire was different because there was no way to obtain the older pokemon, but This is just ridiculous.

Ron_2o04
May 15th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Where do i get this netbattle thingie?

Oblivion
May 15th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Meh... Deoxis probably wiil be in the game, and even if hes not, not much love lost between us, he wasnt that good, many legendaries arent... It should have had totally NEW pokeomon though... Deoxis not included...

awkwardsilencer
May 16th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Deoxys is in it, the triangle island. and theres codes to get there on the rom so go and ull see.

demonstrife
May 20th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Netbattle is a program that allows you to have Pokemon fights over the internet. It's pretty good if you're a hardcore battler, but I prefer to just stick to the games. I sometimes venture on to get my a55 kicked by the elites there though. All in the name of fun. ^o)
Netbattle? How do do that? Can it be done with a cart and a GBASP?

shining_light
May 20th, 2004, 12:15 PM
no, you make your own team.

Lucifer
May 20th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Netbattle? How do do that? Can it be done with a cart and a GBASP?

It has nothing to do with your GBA game. Read the sticky thread in Strategies & Movesets.

Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure all the old TMs aren't in FR/LG. Whirlwind? Water Gun? Etc.

Carlito-san
May 21st, 2004, 11:42 AM
They should have cept the specility bikes i liked zooming to mauville or bouncing around do they have fifty move tutors if there is not then all good tm hope is lost : ( ( goes and cries in a circular rooms corner)

Jari
May 21st, 2004, 12:12 PM
Netbattle is like MSN: You download it and battles and talk via Internet.
May I give the link?

shining_light
May 21st, 2004, 12:19 PM
someone's probably mentioned this, but the SecretBases.

Jari
May 21st, 2004, 01:02 PM
The secret bases are what im really gonna miss.

Musashi+Kojirou
May 22nd, 2004, 06:54 AM
I miss... the bike choice. And the weather, it was fun when it rained. And... I am still mad that there is still no night and day. Why would they take it out!? ROAR! I am kind of glad that they take the 'grand-prize Pokemon' out of the American games because I get the Japanese ones so I can brag :P
Just get the Japanese ones. But learn the language first :P

Jari
May 22nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
The bike choice,weather and day/night too.

Also the part of the Trainers Eyes where you can see how many battles you had.Trainers Eyes is taken out because of the Battle Seeker.

Lucifer
May 24th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Day/Night wasn't in R/S. I miss it from G/S/C though. Waiting 'til nightfall for the likes of Houndour and Murkrow to appear was cool, and having Eevee evolve depending on the time of day.

Secret Bases are pointless. And contests.

demonstrife
October 28th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Me, I say that something from Emerald should be in it. Animations. That is what I want. Oh, and it should be in 3D, with a real time battle system. But, Nintendo won't change there tried and true formula... *BOO!!* oh well. Just play it like it is people. And hope that Nintendo says yes to online gaming.