• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GB Micro / Nintendo DS MP3 Player

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Is this a new version of the Play-Yan? I don't like multifunctional portable devices. Do one thing and do it well; not many things at an average quality.

Years
Is this a new version of the Play-Yan? I don't like multifunctional portable devices. Do one thing and do it well; not many things at an average quality.
True that.

I have an SD card which I bought for my Wii not my DS, plus I got an MP3 player for Christmas so no need for it

kuribohgx

pokemon freak
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 17, 2007
i doubt that anybody ever bought the gameboy micro. its lame and YOU caN BARELY SEE THE SCREEN

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Plenty bought the micro and it was the best screen on a Nintendo portable until the DSlite was released.

I don't own a micro, but I've played it. The screen is truly fantastic. It is smaller, but you don't loose anything. Plus the colours are wonderfully vibrant.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
Years
My friend has a micro, i feel sad for him though. Spending $100 on a micro when for just 30 more he coulda gotten himself a ds lite. What a shame. As for the music player, i think nintendo is trying to regain thier former glory. They once had the title of God in the portable gaming area, but then PSP came along. And heck mabye microsoft will jump in on the lemon party.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Do you mean to tell me that the Sony has won the portable gaming title?

You've got to be kidding me.

PSP
24.70 million units shipped as of December 31, 2006

DS
35.61 million as of December 31, 2006

I see how the PSP is the god of the portable realm. The DS has sold nearly 10 milion more units.

Last edited:

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
Years
I'm not saying nintendo doesn't have a ton load of glory left. I'm just saying that they are gonna have to do alot better if they want to snub out PSP. I'v played it and it's RPG games are good, not as good as Pokemon but still pretty good. And i am a pretty loyal nintendo fan. What i'm worried about is that they won't be able to make the next gen next gen enough and when thier limited graphics capabilities gets tested with PSP2, or Xbox portable. They bring new and better innovations, but will it always captivate us?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
If the PSP2 will basically be a portable PS3 then yes. Developers are slowly turning around from the PS3. Not enough people have bought the console and it is too expensive to develop for if you really want to take full advantage of the graphics. So, developer's aren't seeing a point in developing an expensive game for an expensive system that most people don't have. Developers are a business. They need to turn a profit.

Back