PDA

View Full Version : »» February Daily Chit-Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Amachi
January 31st, 2007, 09:32 PM
Well here it is, the DCC for Febuary.

Even though this page will stop being viewed after the DCC reaches a few pages, I might as well link to the rules (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65124). PC rules also apply here.

And so yeah, it's Febuary~

Sorano
January 31st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Yayyyyy February. <3 :D I always used to spell that wrong, but I'm pretty good at spelling it now. [/random]

First post!?

Amachi
January 31st, 2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I always used to spell that wrong too. I don't now, but i always have to stop and think about it XD;;

Post number 2 =]

*~Ashley~*
January 31st, 2007, 09:49 PM
I've always been pretty good at spelling, so ever since I learned how to spell February, I haven't had much trouble with it. XD

And the title to this thread is so-so close to what I wanted it to be... XD;

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
January 31st, 2007, 09:51 PM
This is possibly reply number threefour...

I never used to spell 'February' wrong, not that I remember. I used to spell it wrong in spanish, 'Febrero' when I was little. Thou art pwned~

And I must add I simply and hopelessly adore Karli's theme. Sheena Fujiq8sajkh...♥♥♥

Amachi
January 31st, 2007, 10:06 PM
Hmm, but I always get the word confused with January (it's them damn R's!!!)

Heh Ashley, you could always make the DCC thread yourself, and then you could have it however plain you wanted it to be ^_^

Emma
January 31st, 2007, 10:28 PM
I always tend to miss the 'r' out in February XD When I'm in a rush I also make plenty of spelling mistakes :x

Sammi
January 31st, 2007, 10:42 PM
Mmm... first page... XD

Oddly, I used to spell February wrong too. I also have tons of problems with Wednesday too. At least I can spell it now. XD;

Spelling's always been my weakest subject. The only test I ever, ever failed was a spelling test I didn't study for. ._.; I paid for that one too. I was inside for recess the whole week and learned some pretty decent study habits I used for spelling tests after that. Yay for notecards. XD

Of course, I haven't used notecards in ages... I have no reason to. o.o;

Forever
January 31st, 2007, 11:07 PM
I didn't even know the word february existed until year five I think. Until then, I just said the second month.

But, I've always been perfect at the spelling I know, If I try to spell what others say/spell themselves, I suck at spelling then.

Emma
January 31st, 2007, 11:07 PM
I always get confused when I write Wednesday XD I always used to think it was Wedensday XD When I was little I used to get June and July muddled up.

I'm alright at spelling I guess, but I always make really embarassing typos D:

Ayano Katagiri
January 31st, 2007, 11:11 PM
Yay its February!!~ And school started today for me...

I always get confused when I write Wednesday XD I always used to think it was Wedensday XD
I used to do that when I was typing too fast, I dont why I did though XD

Emma
January 31st, 2007, 11:16 PM
I don't get a week off school until February 12th, tis a shame that no one at my school will be at school for valentines day XD It's funny watching everyone be luvvy duvvy and everything =P

I can never spell Definitely, I end up spelling it like Definatly XD;

MegaFuz
January 31st, 2007, 11:24 PM
I used to spell 'definitely' wrong all the time. I think I finally have it down though. XD

I can't believe it's February already. January went soo fast. o.o;;

Drummershuff
February 1st, 2007, 12:14 AM
Blah, I used to get 'definitely' mixed up with defiantly, I believe. It's so annoying as people would say you've spelled it wrong, but doing spellchecker, it would still come up as right.

And yeah, Fuz, January really did go quickly. It doesn't seem five minutes since Christmas was over and I was starting school again. But in approximately three weeks, I'll be having another week off, then I'll be studying for my final five weeks at this school before taking studying leave for the exams in May. Scary. o.o

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 12:15 AM
I used to spell 'definitely' wrong all the time. I think I finally have it down though. XD

I sometimes spell it 'definately'! XP Well, I'm normally a good speller, and like to have my grammar correct whenever I write. I only make mistakes when I rush, but I make plenty of mistakes when I type! XD

*sigh* You're right Fuz, time just goes fast now. When I was a little kid time seems to go forever, but now...everything just flies. I hope I'm able to accomplish something, before my teenage years is just over with a blink! :( LOL, and starting next week I'l be back at school! Good bye ol' holiday!! DX

Simplicity
February 1st, 2007, 12:24 AM
Oh, I always thought it was Febuary...I never knew it was February. o-o...omg, I'm so dumb. 8D

I always used to spell a word by how I pronounced it..that's what little kiddies did. xD

I still have trouble with spelling bigger words, though. :x

Pikabloo
February 1st, 2007, 12:30 AM
XD I used to spell February like that too!

And I used to spell Business as Buisness... O_o That is, until I went to my first class of Business Studies...

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 12:34 AM
The English language is so weird. Some things are just spelt the way they won't pronounced as. Yet it's such a default language... o_0 Imagine the world if English wasn't the international language...the world would be...so different... x_X

Forever
February 1st, 2007, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't want to speak anything else besides english, then we would probably have their cultures too..uggh.

Pikabloo
February 1st, 2007, 12:46 AM
Imagine if it was, say, French or Tagalog (language in the Philippines) or something... O_o

I just cannot imagine my friends speaking French *shivers*

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, English culture is great, but Japanese is better is better! XD However, modern Japanese culture was shaped by American culture, which branches from English, right? Well, I would like a world where Asian nations are the world powers (instead of Europeans and their descendants), but I can't imagine Most Europeans and Africans etc. speaking like Mandarin or Japanese... o_0 And everyone speaking French? Creepy...but German would be creepier, no Russian! :shocked:

I guess the we just influence one another to become what we are today: humans! :P

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 03:52 AM

I used to always get that one wrong too, "Definately". Along with "Separate" which always used to be spelled "Seperate" and some words beginning with "Exc" used to confuse me a lot.

Amachi
February 1st, 2007, 05:12 AM
I wouldn't want to speak anything else besides english, then we would probably have their cultures too..uggh.
What's wrong with other cultures? o.

Yeah, English culture is great, but Japanese is better is better! XD However, modern Japanese culture was shaped by American culture, which branches from English, right? Well, I would like a world where Asian nations are the world powers (instead of Europeans and their descendants), but I can't imagine Most Europeans and Africans etc. speaking like Mandarin or Japanese... o_0 And everyone speaking French? Creepy...but German would be creepier, no Russian! :shocked:

I guess the we just influence one another to become what we are today: humans! :P
Japanese culture is better? That's a very wapanese-like statement there.

Every culture has it's own value, it's a shame that they aren't appreciated by everyone. Like, I was told recently about poetry from a nation once known as Persia (now Iran). Supposedly the poetry is very beautiful, but only in it's own language. It's sad though that not many people know the language nowadays :/

And more closer to home, the indigenous culture of Australia has been decimated, and so much has been lost.

Culture is a very valuable thing, and while some share similarities, they are all unique. And so yeah, an international language would suck :<<

I used to always get that one wrong too, "Definately". Along with "Separate" which always used to be spelled "Seperate" and some words beginning with "Exc" used to confuse me a lot.
Gah, I always get them words wrong DD:

J
February 1st, 2007, 05:23 AM

Eeeh? I always thought that Japanese culture was from China... D:

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 06:00 AM

And I used to spell Business as Buisness... O_o That is, until I went to my first class of Business Studies...

Yeah @@; I used to do that, too! Bleh~

o.o And I wouldn't know where Japanese Culture comes from ._. Your best bet is to ask Jorge on that~ He knows a lot about Japan~

Sammi
February 1st, 2007, 06:37 AM

What's sad is I still do that sometimes. D:

I tend to misspell a LOT of words these days. I can never spell unfortunately... I spell it, like, unfortunatley. And I can never figure out where I'm messing up. It's really sad. v_v;

There's others too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

Imagine if it was, say, French or Tagalog (language in the Philippines) or something... O_o

I just cannot imagine my friends speaking French *shivers*

But if the world were like that, you would be used to it, I bet.
If we did speak another language, it'd be the other way around; we couldn't imagine speaking English.
In the end, it's all thinking about "what if..."

Japan was pretty when I lived there~ I was really dumb when it came to culture though. Sadly, I never learned.
I used to have a Japanese Culture class in elementary school, but all we ever did was play with the soroban/acubus thing >_>;; I mean, there's more to Japan then learning how to do math with beads. We could've been learning more about where we actually lived, something we could actually use when we went out to explore. :/

At least I learned a few phrases from that class. I'd try to spell it but I'd probably embarrass myself. ^^;;

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 06:57 AM
What's sad is I still do that sometimes. D:

I tend to misspell a LOT of words these days. I can never spell unfortunately... I spell it, like, unfortunatley. And I can never figure out where I'm messing up. It's really sad. v_v;

There's others too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

But if the world were like that, you would be used to it, I bet.
If we did speak another language, it'd be the other way around; we couldn't imagine speaking English.
In the end, it's all thinking about "what if..."

Japan was pretty when I lived there~ I was really dumb when it came to culture though. Sadly, I never learned.
I used to have a Japanese Culture class in elementary school, but all we ever did was play with the soroban/acubus thing >_>;; I mean, there's more to Japan then learning how to do math with beads. We could've been learning more about where we actually lived, something we could actually use when we went out to explore. :/

At least I learned a few phrases from that class. I'd try to spell it but I'd probably embarrass myself. ^^;;

o_o You lived in Japan? Seriously? o.o That's soo cool!!~
X3 And just try it!~ I'd like to see what sorta stuff you learned!!

I've never lived anywhere else but my current residence (Toronto, Canada) @@ But I've visted many places~ .o. I've been to Italy, France, Dominican, Mexico, Cuba, the US, England o_o And.. I think a couple other places~~ <3

Sammi
February 1st, 2007, 07:07 AM
o_o You lived in Japan? Seriously? o.o That's soo cool!!~
X3 And just try it!~ I'd like to see what sorta stuff you learned!!

I've never lived anywhere else but my current residence (Toronto, Canada) @@ But I've visted many places~ .o. I've been to Italy, France, Dominican, Mexico, Cuba, the US, England o_o And.. I think a couple other places~~ <3

Yeah, we did ^^; It was years ago now. I was in 8th grade when we moved, and now I'm in 12th. o.o; It was some of the best times in my life~ I liked going off-base, it was a blast. What's sad is we didn't travel around much. v_v;

Okay, I'll try... XD I'll mess up the t's, probably. I never really learned Japanese. :/
The teacher used to go though things really quick, so he made us learn chotto matte kudasai... something like "wait up", right? XD;
I did learn other things; he taught us how to write our names in Japanese, but I slaughtered it. (I still mess up one of the characters if I try to write it.) I can introduce myself, I learned a few basic phrases... and I also learned how to ask where the toilet is. Don't ask me why I remember this XD;; I can't remember how to spell it though. :/

Outside of Japan, I learned the overused phrases kawaii and baka. XD

I'm the opposite -- I've lived in tons of places, but we really don't go out on vacation. We're supposed to go around some places in Europe this May though. It sounds fun. ^^

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 07:13 AM
Yeah, we did ^^; It was years ago now. I was in 8th grade when we moved, and now I'm in 12th. o.o; It was some of the best times in my life~ I liked going off-base, it was a blast. What's sad is we didn't travel around much. v_v;

Okay, I'll try... XD I'll mess up the t's, probably. I never really learned Japanese. :/
The teacher used to go though things really quick, so he made us learn chotto matte kudasai... something like "wait up", right? XD;
I did learn other things; he taught us how to write our names in Japanese, but I slaughtered it. (I still mess up one of the characters if I try to write it). I can introduce myself, I learned a few basic phrases... and I also learned how to ask where the toilet is. Don't ask me why I remember this XD;; I can't remember how to spell it though. :/

I'm the opposite -- I've lived in tons of places, but we really don't go out on vacation. We're supposed to go around some places in Europe this May though. It sounds fun. ^^

o__o Wow~ That's really really cool~ o.o Were you sad about leaving your friends? o.o And how long did you stay there for? ._. Was it hard to make new friends with the language barrier?

o_o Ohh! Yeah, I think that's right~~ o.o I don't know that much Japanese but I have a Japanese dictionary and I like the language~ X3 And.. I can see why asking to go to the bathroom could be important.. *giggles*~
o.o I wouldn't be able to write it either.. they speak too quickly for me to understand because I guess I'm not used to it~ @@ And.. I stink with the characters, too o.o I can only remember a few of them ._. And there's so many!! Gaahh~~
Other than that I just know a little bit of French and -very- little Italian ._. But my mom and dad can speak Italian fluently @@;;~

:3 Ooh! Europe's really nice! I'm sure you'll enjoy it~ :3 Do you know which places you're going to? <33~

Edit: X3; Yeah.. kawaii and baka are well know over here~ (Especially to anime fans X3;;~)
o.o I know how to say good morning and good afternoon.. but I always forget good night~
._. I think it's konbanwa or something..

Emma
February 1st, 2007, 07:30 AM
I'd like to travel when I leave school maybe, the only languages I'm okay with at the moment is French and Spanish D: I only know 1-10 in Japanese and some simple phrases XD

The first place I'd go to is Japan, don't know why. It just seems like a great place to visit from what I've heard 8]

Sammi
February 1st, 2007, 07:35 AM
o__o Wow~ That's really really cool~ o.o Were you sad about leaving your friends? o.o And how long did you stay there for? ._. Was it hard to make new friends with the language barrier?

Kind of... but in the end, I'm really used to it. We've moved around all of my life. Besides, I didn't have a bunch of friends then anyway. I'm not good with keeping friends. Even online I only have a few.

Sometimes I wonder if I don't make friends as much is partially caused by moving around so much. I mean, you get attached to a group of people and then you're gone... o.o;

We were there for four years; I went in the late part of 4th grade and left late 8th grade.

We were on a US Air Base, so it was a community of Americans. The only time you hit the language barrier was when you went off of the base. It's the same where I live now -- I live in Germany, but you don't need to know a word of German to live on the base itself. And even when you go off-base, if you're nearby tons of people will speak English. That's what happens when you want to make money off of the Americans ;p

o_o Ohh! Yeah, I think that's right~~ o.o I don't know that much Japanese but I have a Japanese dictionary and I like the language~ X3 And.. I can see why asking to go to the bathroom could be important.. *giggles*~
o.o I wouldn't be able to write it either.. they speak too quickly for me to understand because I guess I'm not used to it~ @@ And.. I stink with the characters, too o.o I can only remember a few of them ._. And there's so many!! Gaahh~~
Other than that I just know a little bit of French and -very- little Italian ._. But my mom and dad can speak Italian fluently @@;;~

Japanese is really interesting, I think. I'm too lazy to learn it though. ;p And I'm learning German right now; I'd rather improve on a language I'm learning than trying to learn two at once. ^^;
What's amusing is I never used it. XD;
I might be able to memorize the basic characters, but I would have to be really motivated. x_X;;

I just know German and the few scattered words and phrases of Japanese I learned.

:3 Ooh! Europe's really nice! I'm sure you'll enjoy it~ :3 Do you know which places you're going to? <33~

Paris and Amsterdam seem set in stone, along with a short trip on the Rhine river. We might go other places as well. They're still planning it.

I just hope these trips won't interfere with my school; late May is exam time over here, and I might have several large projects due by then. x_x;

Edit: X3; Yeah.. kawaii and baka are well know over here~ (Especially to anime fans X3;;~)
o.o I know how to say good morning and good afternoon.. but I always forget good night~
._. I think it's konbanwa or something..

Yeah, that's where I learned it. I used to watch anime with my sister, especially Inuyasha, since that was what we were into back then. I don't watch much anime anymore... I think it's because I'm lazy and I'd feel bad if I downloaded it.

I was amused when I learned good morning, because it sounded it Ohio, one of the US states. XD

I think it is. I think. o_O It's definitely familiar, that's for sure. XD;

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 07:37 AM
I'd like to travel when I leave school maybe, the only languages I'm okay with at the moment is French and Spanish D: I only know 1-10 in Japanese and some simple phrases XD

The first place I'd go to is Japan, don't know why. It just seems like a great place to visit from what I've heard 8]

o.o Puu, yeah~ I've always wanted to visit Japan, too~ @@ And I wanna go to London, too~ .o. When I went to England I only went to Manchester~ X3 And London seems really cool~ <3 X3 Hmm.. Germany sounds like a cool place to visit, too~ :3 And Australia sounds really really awesome, too! X3 Maybe I should just tour the world, someday X3;;~ <3

Kind of... but in the end, I'm really used to it. We've moved around all of my life. Besides, I didn't have a bunch of friends then anyway. I'm not good with keeping friends. Even online I only have a few.

Sometimes I wonder if I don't make friends as much is partially caused by moving around so much. I mean, you get attached to a group of people and then you're gone... o.o;

We were there for four years; I went in the late part of 4th grade and left late 8th grade.

We were on a US Air Base, so it was a community of Americans. The only time you hit the language barrier was when you went off of the base. It's the same where I live now -- I live in Germany, but you don't need to know a word of German to live on the base itself. And even when you go off-base, if you're nearby tons of people will speak English. That's what happens when you want to make money off of the Americans ;p

o_o Wow~ That's really cool!! o.o Germany sounds so awesome!! X3 And wow~ :3 Four years is quite a while!! That's awesome :33

@@ And yeah.. ._. I don't really have many close friends either~ I've recently had a little rift between friends.. ._. I was diagnosed with anxiety neurotic depression.. and I let things build up and then I guess I just snapped ._. And I was acting all emo towards people and just.. feeling really sad overall.. and I guess they just didn't want to listen to me whine anymore~
._. I think I'm doing much better now, though~ ._. I'm taking pills and I see a psychologist on occasion~
Maybe someday my old friends will want to talk to me again..

._. But.. right now I just have maybe.. four good friends.. and only one of them is a friend IRL ._.~

Japanese is really interesting, I think. I'm too lazy to learn it though. ;p And I'm learning German right now; I'd rather improve on a language I'm learning than trying to learn two at once. ^^;
What's amusing is I never used it. XD;
I might be able to memorize the basic characters, but I would have to be really motivated. x_X;;

I just know German and the few scattered words and phrases of Japanese I learned.

o.o Yeah, I think I'm the same as you with Japanese~ @@ I'm pretty lazy to learn it~
.o. I know just a few words of German and the numbers from 1-10 o.o but that's pretty much it~
@@ And yeah.. I find that the characters are really really hard to memorize~ @@;;

Paris and Amsterdam seem set in stone, along with a short trip on the Rhine river. We might go other places as well. They're still planning it.

I just hope these trips won't interfere with my school; late May is exam time over here, and I might have several large projects due by then. x_x;
Oohh! That's awesome!! :3 Yeah, when I went to France, we only went to Montecarlo~ So I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!! :3
And yeah.. I hope it doesn't interfere with your work either o.o Do you have a hard semester this year? ._. Hmm.. ._. Well anyways, good luck and hopefully it wont interfere with school @@;;~

Yeah, that's where I learned it. I used to watch anime with my sister, especially Inuyasha, since that was what we were into back then. I don't watch much anime anymore... I think it's because I'm lazy and I'd feel bad if I downloaded it.

I was amused when I learned good morning, because it sounded it Ohio, one of the US states. XD

I think it is. I think. o_O It's definitely familiar, that's for sure. XD; @@; Yeah~ I didn't like Inuyasha much actually ._. I thought there were too many filler episodes and it got really really boring~ ._. Plus the fact that everyone knew about it kinda too away from it~
o.o But I really love the anime Gravitation @@; it's short (13 episodes) and really sweet :3~ And recently I've watched Sukisyo <3 It's really good, too~ :3
I guess I like shorter animes because it keeps you interested the whole time you're watching :33~ <3
X3 Yeah~ I dunno how to spell ohaiyo (?) X3;; But I was pretty amused, too~

viridian doubletongue
February 1st, 2007, 08:07 AM
Oh yeah. New month.

There are a few places I'd like to visit to in my life. Although I don't really want to travel around, as such. I don't particulalrly like journeys... But I can put up with them for certain places. I never really thought where though. I might have to compile a list. There probably aren't many.

I don't know enough of any other language.. Maybe I should learn. Nah..

Emma
February 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM
o.o Puu, yeah~ I've always wanted to visit Japan, too~ @@ And I wanna go to London, too~ .o. When I went to England I only went to Manchester~ X3 And London seems really cool~ <3 X3 Hmm.. Germany sounds like a cool place to visit, too~ :3 And Australia sounds really really awesome, too! X3 Maybe I should just tour the world, someday X3;;~ <3

London is alright, I live about 5-10 minutes away from it; a lot of stuff from London is expensive :x I sometimes go there with friends just to hang out at the weekend XD

Touring the world was be awesome X_x I've always wanted to go on a cruise...go to a few countries and stuff XD I love cruise ships too ;o My friend went on a cruise last year and from what I saw of the ship from my friend's pictures, it looked really nice XD

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 08:42 AM
I've been to London a few times, and passed through the train stations quite often. I thought it was alright, I wasn't "OMG, wow, this place is awesome!!!" when I went though. It just seemed like a bigger version of Birmingham, really. Other than a few major landmarks (and football teams XD), there's really not much to see that can't be seen elsewhere.

The place that I want to visit in a few years is Manchester. That place has really rejuvenated itself over recently years, after hosting the Commonwealth games, and is now in the process of developing England's first SuperCasino. Sounds like it could be a great way to spend a weekend with a few friends.

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 08:44 AM
London is alright, I live about 5-10 minutes away from it; a lot of stuff from London is expensive :x I sometimes go there with friends just to hang out at the weekend XD

Touring the world was be awesome X_x I've always wanted to go on a cruise...go to a few countries and stuff XD I love cruise ships too ;o My friend went on a cruise last year and from what I saw of the ship from my friend's pictures, it looked really nice XD

Ooh that's really cool!! o_o And yeah, I hear London's expensive.. but it'd still be nice to experience it~ <3
:3 YEAH! I've always wanted to go on a Disney tour!! ;o; I love Disney <33~ <3

:3 And yeah, it's nice to live near a major city~ @@ I don't live -in- Toronto, but just outside it~ o.o So it takes probably a 30-minute drive to get to the downtown core~ @@ It's awesome, though~ We're so cultured that you can find stuff from anywhere~
o.o Just a little while ago I found this cool store that sells Lolita-wear! @@ My mom said I'd look like I freak if I bought it, though~ @@ But I ended up getting some cool tops with chains all over and buckles going along the sleeve~ <3 It's so cool!
(I should take a picture of them sometime)
X3; Oh~ And my bondage-pants <33~

:3 I like Toronto 'cause it's so different <33~

The place that I want to visit in a few years is Manchester. That place has really rejuvenated itself over recently years, after hosting the Commonwealth games, and is now in the process of developing England's first SuperCasino. Sounds like it could be a great way to spend a weekend with a few friends.
Manchester was okay~ o.o The weather was really cold and gloomy ._. So that's why I probably didn't enjoy it as much as I would've~
(That and like.. the whole place is about pubs and I'm not old enough to drink X3;;~)
:3 And a supercasino sounds really fun~ @@ But once again, I'm not old enough for gambling X3;;

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 08:53 AM
Manchester was okay~ o.o The weather was really cold and gloomy ._. So that's why I probably didn't enjoy it as much as I would've~
(That and like.. the whole place is about pubs and I'm not old enough to drink X3;;~)
:3 And a supercasino sounds really fun~ @@ But once again, I'm not old enough for gambling X3;;
The weather is pretty much the same wherever you go in England, really. Supposedly the south coast is a little warmer than the north usually, but you're only really talking about a couple of degrees.

You probably will be old enough to gamble by the time it gets built though, since it's still in the design stages at the moment. And you only need to wait another year before you can legally drink over here too. Just depends on whether you'd want to when that time comes.

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 08:58 AM
The weather is pretty much the same wherever you go in England, really. Supposedly the south coast is a little warmer than the north usually, but you're only really talking about a couple of degrees.

You probably will be old enough to gamble by the time it gets built though, since it's still in the design stages at the moment. And you only need to wait another year before you can legally drink over here too. Just depends on whether you'd want to when that time comes.

Ah~ o.o Well it was because it was summertime when I went X3; And my mom told me to pack warm clothes @@; and then I got there and it was freezing X3; Bleh.. :3 But it was still fun~

:3 Oh, probably, but I'd want to go with friends~ @@; And I can't believe it's only one more year 'till I can drink X3; But you're right, I don't think I'd want to~~ I think alchohol tastes pretty gross.. so I'd probably have a small sip of beer or something~
o.o And TBH I think I'd get really nervous at bars and clubs and stuff ._. So unless I go with people I really trust, I don't think I'd go at all otherwise ._.;;

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 09:04 AM
Ah~ o.o Well it was because it was summertime when I went X3; And my mom told me to pack warm clothes @@; and then I got there and it was freezing X3; Bleh.. :3 But it was still fun~

:3 Oh, probably, but I'd want to go with friends~ @@; And I can't believe it's only one more year 'till I can drink X3; But you're right, I don't think I'd want to~~ I think alchohol tastes pretty gross.. so I'd probably have a small sip of beer or something~
o.o And TBH I get really nervous at bars and clubs and stuff ._. So unless I go with people I really trust, I don't think I'd go at all otherwise ._.;;
English summertimes are weird though. We can have days where it's so hot that the roads melt, then a couple of days later we'll be drowning in torrential rain. English weather always has been so unpredictable. But if you would've come to England last summer, it would've been different. The majority of last summer was really hot and dry, there were even drought warnings and hosepipe bans in some places.

To be honest, I don't think too many people would go to a club by themselves..XD I know I wouldn't, anyway. And there's more types of alcohol than just beer. Most of my friends drink either alcopops or spirit mixes (vodka and coke etc), and they taste quite nice, especially alcopops. You wouldn't even realise that there was actually alcohol in those.

viridian doubletongue
February 1st, 2007, 09:11 AM
This winter hasn't been cold enough. It's been cold, yeah, but cold enough so I can stand going out without a jumper. I don't remember if it was always like this. One weather that'll never fail you is rain though....

South of England, btw.

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 09:17 AM
English summertimes are weird though. We can have days where it's so hot that the roads melt, then a couple of days later we'll be drowning in torrential rain. English weather always has been so unpredictable. But if you would've come to England last summer, it would've been different. The majority of last summer was really hot and dry, there were even drought warnings and hosepipe bans in some places.

To be honest, I don't think too many people would go to a club by themselves..XD I know I wouldn't, anyway. And there's more types of alcohol than just beer. Most of my friends drink either alcopops or spirit mixes (vodka and coke etc), and they taste quite nice, especially alcopops. You wouldn't even realise that there was actually alcohol in those.

o.o Wow~~ @@ Yeah, I went two years ago ._. And it was always so dark and damp~ So I didn't like it much because I was expecting a nice hot sun X3; But oh well~
@@ I love thunderstorms, though .o. Do you guys get a lot of thunderstorms?

o.o Yeah, I understand that not many people go by themselves.. but I'm just saying that I wouldn't go with just a bunch of friends because I'd be scared that they'd abandon me ._. (When I went to New York for a school trip, a bunch of friends who I knew but were that close of friends ditched me at the church we were visiting ._. And.. I didn't know my way back ._.; Luckily there was a policeman there to lead me in the right direction.. otherwise I dunno what I'd do .__.;;..) But.. yeah~
o.o And I don't like other types of alchohol either ._.; Maybe alcopops sound good, but I don't like vodka or anything like that~ @@ The only thing I drink are Coolers.. and only the peach-flavoured one.. ._. but they're VERY low in alchohol.. (Like 0.5% in every bottle ._.;~)

This winter hasn't been cold enough. It's been cold, yeah, but cold enough so I can stand going out without a jumper. I don't remember if it was always like this. One weather that'll never fail you is rain though....

South of England, btw.
o.o Really?~ @@ Well, I guess the winters here haven't been that cold, either ._. Snow just started falling just after Christmas.. and usually it starts in early November o.o And it usually lasts until late March~ ._. But we still have to wear coats outside because it's pretty cold regardless~~ @@;;

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM

South of England, btw.
o_O

It was so cold a couple of months ago, I was riding my bike at like 6am and my hands froze to the handlebars. I had to peel them off, tearing off a layer of skin in some places. And that was in the south of England too. Even now, I wear two jackets going out and I still shiver.

Kura, with alcopops, you really can not taste the alcohol in them until you've had about 6-7 in a relatively short period of time. Before then, it just tastes like a flavoured fizzy drink. And alcopops are about 5% alcohol content, same percentage as a lot of lagers.

viridian doubletongue
February 1st, 2007, 09:25 AM
I walk to school without a jumper, but still usually with a jacket.. Just don't like the school jumpers. I felt cold, but I meant bearable. As in, not in any danger of freezing. I don't know.. I just don't get cold sometimes.

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 09:26 AM
o_O

It was so cold a couple of months ago, I was riding my bike at like 6am and my hands froze to the handlebars. I had to peel them off, tearing off a layer of skin in some places. And that was in the south of England too. Even now, I wear two jackets going out and I still shiver.

Kura, with alcopops, you really can not taste the alcohol in them until you've had about 6-7 in a relatively short period of time. Before then, it just tastes like a flavoured fizzy drink. And alcopops are about 5% alcohol content, same percentage as a lot of lagers.

><;;; OUCH! o_o That sounds so bad ><~~ o_o Why did you ride your bike so early? @@;; Oi~~
._. And yeah~ I just wear a big heavy coat X3;~

o.o And yeah, I guess that's right.. but I wouldn't be able to drink more than one, I wouldn't think.. (If they were bottle sized, that is) ._. I can't even finish off a Cooler~
._. I've never tried a lager before~
-3- Dad has beer and wine downstairs and I'm allowed to have some anytime I want~ But I don't care for alchohol and I don't like how it tastes.. ._. But if I were to say that to anyone at my school, they'd be all like "WTF? WHY DON'T YOU PARTY EVERY NIGHT?" ._.;;

Neh~~

I walk to school without a jumper, but still usually with a jacket.. Just don't like the school jumpers. I felt cold, but I meant bareable. I don't know.. I just don't get cold sometimes.
Oh, I always wear my school sweater in the winter @@; I get cold really easily~ X3 Even now I'm pretty cold and it's supposedly fairly warm in this room~ @@;

viridian doubletongue
February 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM
One of my hands is cold. That's really it. And I have a radiator like a metre away from me.
I find my school jumper uncomfortable with the shirt. And I don't like how it looks, either.

And, we had like one day of snow here last week. Probably the only one we'll get all year. At least it was good snow... But it melted by the afternoon.

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I never wore a school jumper either. I hated having to wear them over shirts, it was just uncomfortable.

I was riding to work at that time, my work hours were 6am-2pm.

Eheh, I started drinking alcohol regularly when I was about 15, so I guess I developed a taste for it early. Cider, lager and vodka I now have a taste for. Unlike a lot of people, I can drink vodka straight without nearly making my head explode.

viridian doubletongue
February 1st, 2007, 09:36 AM
I haven't had much alcohol at all yet. I got mildly drunk when I went on holiday last year.. That was quite fun, actually. I don't really like alcohol yet. Not tried much. And I can't see myself getting into it. I could be wrong.

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 09:39 AM
One of my hands is cold. That's really it. And I have a radiator like a metre away from me.
I find my school jumper uncomfortable with the shirt. And I don't like how it looks, either.

And, we had like one day of snow here last week. Probably the only one we'll get all year. At least it was good snow... But it melted by the afternoon. X3 Yeah~ My feet are really really cold, ATM~~
._. And awwhh~ Snow is nice @@ I just don't like how it's so cold X3;~ It hasn't snowed that much.. but the snow that's there isn't melting away yet X3;;

Yeah, I never wore a school jumper either. I hated having to wear them over shirts, it was just uncomfortable.

I was riding to work at that time, my work hours were 6am-2pm.

Eheh, I started drinking alcohol regularly when I was about 15, so I guess I developed a taste for it early. Cider, lager and vodka I now have a taste for. Unlike a lot of people, I can drink vodka straight without nearly making my head explode.

I find the sweaters to be pretty comfortable actually~
o.o And ooh~ @@ I didn't know you rode a bike to work~~ That's cool~
._. And bleh~ X3; You're a drunk!! (Just kidding) X3;~
@@ Yeah.. once I asked for a Strawberry Dacatri with no alchohol in Jamaica ._. But I took a big sip and they put like.. triple the alchohol and gagged and I almost threw up X3;; Yuck~

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 09:40 AM
I haven't had much alcohol at all yet. I got mildly drunk when I went on holiday last year.. That was quite fun, actually. I don't really like alcohol yet. Not tried much. And I can't see myself getting into it. I could be wrong.

You are only 14 though. XD And I remember saying when I was 12/13 that I'd never get drunk or drink alcohol a lot because I assumed that I'd instantly develop a beer gut and become lazy. And sport was a -huge- part of my life at that time, so I intended to stay away from it. Then I realised I could drink alcohol and still stay fit with exercise.

And when I got drunk with my friends for the first time, we had so much fun, despite not really doing anything. I mean, we weren't drinking -that- much back then, just enough to tip us over the edge. And it just made everything really funny for a few hours, before we sobered up again a few hours later.

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM
You are only 14 though. XD And I remember saying when I was 12/13 that I'd never get drunk or drink alcohol a lot because I assumed that I'd instantly develop a beer gut and become lazy. And sport was a -huge- part of my life at that time, so I intended to stay away from it. Then I realised I could drink alcohol and still stay fit with exercise.

And when I got drunk with my friends for the first time, we had so much fun, despite not really doing anything. I mean, we weren't drinking -that- much back then, just enough to tip us over the edge. And it just made everything really funny for a few hours, before we sobered up again a few hours later.

._. Neh~ I don't hang out much with friend IRL~ @@ Every time I wanna hang out or anything.. they all say they're busy.. ._. and then I read on their LJ or something that they were just on the computer or playing videogames or something ._. So it's pretty depressing..

._. Soo.. I don't think I'll ever get drunk with friends and get all giddy or anything~ -3- I'm pretty giddy without alchohol anyways.. so I wouldn't think I needed it~ @@;

viridian doubletongue
February 1st, 2007, 09:52 AM

You have a point. I'll see what happens. I don't have any reasons not to drink alcohol, just doesn't seem really enticing. Sweets seem to give me a similar effect, anyway~

Sorano
February 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM
I don't think I'll ever be getting drunk, or I hope not to. XD; I'd hate to see what I'd be like drunk. And I already know that I don't like beer, but there are other types of alcohol that I like. The last time I had it was on my grade 8 graduation night. :x Wasn't enough to get me drunk, though. I was with about 5 of my classmates at the time, and it was at like, 3:00 in the morning.

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 10:00 AM
Meh, a lot of people at clubs don't get drunk either. They drink enough to get themselves tipsy and have their inhibitions lowered, then they just have fun like that. That is one thing I love about alcohol though, you get to see the real side of a lot of people, and even people who are normally shy can become fun and talkative.

Emma
February 1st, 2007, 10:04 AM
I've only drank a little bit on occasions (e.g. Christmas and such XD), I'm a lightweight to alchohol so if I just have a little bit of wine I go really weird XD;

Kura
February 1st, 2007, 10:05 AM
Meh, a lot of people at clubs don't get drunk either. They drink enough to get themselves tipsy and have their inhibitions lowered, then they just have fun like that. That is one thing I love about alcohol though, you get to see the real side of a lot of people, and even people who are normally shy can become fun and talkative.

But I wouldn't think people who're willing to get drunk like that are the really shy people ._.; And.. sometimes I like shy people better than people who just throw themselves at everything and are loud and talkative..
._. Like.. in my opinion.. it's not the 'real' side of people.. it's the skewed side of people ._. Because a shy person would just.. really be shy ._.;
Like.. with me ._. I rather be shy than crazy and loud.. ._. and I wouldn't think my real self is really that talkative..

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 10:06 AM
I've only drank a little bit on occasions (e.g. Christmas and such XD), I'm a lightweight to alchohol so if I just have a little bit of wine I go really weird XD;
Yeah, but you're only 13 at the moment. XD I swear, some of you guys seem to expect to be heavyweight drinkers at such an early age. It took me about 3 years to be able to handle a large amount of alcohol in one night. XD

flight
February 1st, 2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah, but you're only 13 at the moment. XD I swear, some of you guys seem to expect to be heavyweight drinkers at such an early age. It took me about 3 years to be able to handle a large amount of alcohol in one night. XD

Children drinking at 13 is so unusual. We don't get that many kids who do that here. Other than the 15 or 16 year olds. D;

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM
Children drinking at 13 is so unusual. We don't get that many kids who do that here. Other than the 15 or 16 year olds. D;

Where is that, though? In England, it's not uncommon for 13-15 year olds to have been drunk at least once in their lives. Well, in the area I live, anyway. But that's probably because alcohol was so easily accessible to us, we just walked into a specific shop and bought it, no questions asked by the shopkeeper. They were just glad to make a sale.

Kurono
February 1st, 2007, 12:08 PM
Oy.. drinking and early ages.

I'm not liking this topic.

Nonetheless, drinking at a young age can really mess you up. D:

I can attest to that~

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 12:19 PM
And I can attest that drinking at a young age, providing you're sensible, safe and do it moderately, can be nothing more than a fun evening. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way promoting it or encouraging others to do it, but my experiences never caused me any problems.

Sorano
February 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
People around where I live start drinking when they're about 13. Quite a few of my friends have been drunk already. :x They can't walk into a store and just buy it, though, obviously. They take it from their parents.

Not me, though, because I'm a good girl and beer tastes like crap. D:

EDIT: DAMN YOU DAWSY. D:<

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 12:40 PM
Beer takes like crap? And since when have you been good? Or was that a joke? Wow, that was a lot of questions, wasn't it?

But, yeah, you being drunk is kind of a worrying thought..XD

flight
February 1st, 2007, 12:42 PM
Where is that, though? In England, it's not uncommon for 13-15 year olds to have been drunk at least once in their lives. Well, in the area I live, anyway. But that's probably because alcohol was so easily accessible to us, we just walked into a specific shop and bought it, no questions asked by the shopkeeper. They were just glad to make a sale.

I just live in southern U.S. In the area around where I live, it's very rare to see 13-15 year olds drunk. I have seen one 14 year old smoke..how creepy is that?

Sorano
February 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM
Beer takes like crap? And since when have you been good? Or was that a joke? Wow, that was a lot of questions, wasn't it?

But, yeah, you being drunk is kind of a worrying thought..XD

I hate you. XD It's not like I point out all of your mistakes.
And it is worrying indeed. XD

Emma
February 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
Beer sucks D: I hate the taste.

I don't expect to be heavyweight at my age XD Even if I was, I would still only drink on occasions. I don't wanna bust up my liver XD

As for smoking, there are a LOT of students in my year smoking all sorts of stuff (Chavs and people like that) there are some year 7's I've seen smoking too. I hate the smell of smoke D: My mum smokes so I have to put up with it quite often. (She's smoking right now actually XDD)

Dawson
February 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
I hate you. XD It's not like I point out all of your mistakes.
And it is worrying indeed. XD

Thanks, I hate you too. And, yes you do point out all of my mistakes. You even see "mistakes" in things I say when they aren't even there, just to try to make me look stupid..XD

As for smoking, there are a LOT of students in my year smoking all sorts of stuff (Chavs and people like that) there are some year 7's I've seen smoking too. I hate the smell of smoke D: My mum smokes so I have to put up with it quite often. (She's smoking right now actually XDD)

Yeah, at my school, there were more smokers than non-smokers. That's what happens when smoking becomes "cool". Fortunately, the friends I had who were smokers eventually quit.

Drummershuff
February 1st, 2007, 01:11 PM
It's quite common for people to get drunk around here. I know a lot of people from school that are always planning on getting drunk the following night. To me, getting drunk is pretty pointless; it's not something I plan on doing all the time, and people that do it all the time, I think are stupid. It's not really good for their heath, and I'm happy enough the way I am. To the best of my knowledge, I don't think my friends drink much. I know one does, but I know a couple that won't even touch it.

Emma
February 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
Some people at my school are like that, in nearly every lesson they talk to each other going "Oh, you coming out Friday bruv?" They will most probably say "Yeah" and then that guy asking the question would say "Awesome, we're gonna totally get wasted.".

At one of them moments I really would like to say to them "Are you wasting away your life again? Sounds like fun." But I know that saying something like that might cause some trouble :x

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM
So much post to read up on...too late to reply to the conversation about cultures, now is it? 0_o Heh, if there were only one culture, then the world would be dull... x.X

Anyway, I don't ever plan to ever consume an kind of alcohol or smoke. It'll just ruin my life! :( Well, also I think my religion is against alcohol consumption, and for me to follow would show that I'm quite religious, and proud of it! :D

Bomberman
February 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Same here. Don't smoke (anything), or drink, and I plan to keep it that way.

Kyoko
February 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
A lot of kids in my school do that kind of stuff but I'm not one to, I just don't see what's so fun about it I guess xP Plus, when some kids get caught out of school they still get in trouble in school. Though I know of one kid who smoked during summer school..yeah that didn't blow over too well XD.

Bomberman
February 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Two kids got kicked out of my school last year for smoking in the bathroom xD

Kyoko
February 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM
XD Do they think that they're not going to get caught or something? Either that or they want to seem rebelious and get caught. Eww, I can't stand the smell of smoke though and my mom's friend will sit there and smoke in your face ;;.

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 03:38 PM
I also hate the smell of cigarettes. Honestly, people who usually smoke and drink tend to be those people who want to be cool and popularity (and perhaps are), as well as (no offence to anyone) some emo (goth) people. Yeah, as you said Takara, it's just a way of showing that the person is cool, rebellious and keen to do anything. *tsk* Humans... >.<

Bomberman
February 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, tobacco smells awful.

Warheart
February 1st, 2007, 05:29 PM
Great, it's finally come to a topic that I can relate to...

I used to smoke...not tobacco...
Yeah, the smell's awful, and it really messes with your voice.
I know this girl who just turned 16, smoking cigarettes for about 2 years, and she sounds kinda like a pre-adolescent boy...

And at this point in society, despite what everyone is saying, smoking doesn't make you look cool...it actually makes you look dumb as hell if you think about it; people start to try and show off, but they're really putting themselfs in danger for later on in life...

As for substances in general, I just entered highschool this year, but already I'm starting to see a big change in people I used to consider my "friends" in younger grades, I'm not sure if alot of their minds kinda caved-in from drinking, or they're just acting like that for attention.

I've been pressured to drink a few times before, but usuallt tended to stay away from alchohol, mostly because my father would kick my ass if he found out I picked up on one of his old habits XD

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 05:47 PM
Great, it's finally come to a topic that I can relate to...

I used to smoke...not tobacco...
Yeah, the smell's awful, and it really messes with your voice.
I know this girl who just turned 16, smoking cigarettes for about 2 years, and she sounds kinda like a pre-adolescent boy...

And at this point in society, despite what everyone is saying, smoking doesn't make you look cool...it actually makes you look dumb as hell if you think about it; people start to try and show off, but they're really putting themselfs in danger for later on in life...

As for substances in general, I just entered highschool this year, but already I'm starting to see a big change in people I used to consider my "friends" in younger grades, I'm not sure if alot of their minds kinda caved-in from drinking, or they're just acting like that for attention.

I've been pressured to drink a few times before, but usuallt tended to stay away from alchohol, mostly because my father would kick my ass if he found out I picked up on one of his old habits XD

You smoked once? Must be feel terrible, right? Well, hope you don't turn back to that habit. ;) Anyways, my parents don't pressure me at all, and no-one does, mainly because the people I'm close to aren't smokers or drinkers. :\ Hmm, yeah when you get older the people you call 'friend' change very much, and eventually become someone that's not your friend, which I hate. :( If only the world got along, but I guess independence isn't so bad. :)

Warheart
February 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah, i kinda fell into the wrong crowd...

I kinda isolated myself lately, because that seems to be what alot of people are doing in their spare time, and now I give some people the impression that I think I'm too cool for them when I stopped hanging out :/

Yeah, that pretty much explains why I spending so much time on my computer lately...

When I did smoke weed, though, I was never "addicted," (I don't even think you could get addicted to it) it was only for occasion when everyone else was doing it, peer pressure got into my head, but I've pulled away from that now.

I figure this is all a stage, and people will eventually pull out of it.

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM

I kinda isolated myself lately, because that seems to be what alot of people are doing in their spare time, and now I give some people the impression that I think I'm too cool for them when I stopped hanging out :/

Yeah, that pretty much explains why I spending so much time on my computer lately...

When I did smoke weed, though, I was never "addicted," (I don't even think you could get addicted to it) it was only for occasion when everyone else was doing it, peer pressure got into my head, but I've pulled away from that now.

Well, I hope to never go through something like that bud. ;) Peer pressure...God I hate that! It's so unfair! :(

Well, I like being independent/on-my-own sometimes - it's really peaceful and nice to have your own time alone anyway! :D

Bomberman
February 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
I have a small group of friends, not the most popular guy in the world, but hey, it works. Although one of them has jsut started smoking pot, he does it on his own though so he doesn't annoy the rest of us xD

Aegis
February 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM

Bleh, I used to fall into peer pressure like that too. Not smoking or drinking. It was mainly pulling childish pranks and all, but I eventually figured out I didn't belong there. Now I make fun of people IRL who fall into peer pressure, it sometimes helps them get out of it (thats not the reason I do it though). It did cost me most of my friends (all but 3 IRL) but I suppose it weeded out all the fake ones and kept the real ones.

Warheart
February 1st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, but when I was younger (likt...12 or 13) I didn't know any better than to be able to see through people, and just assumed "If everyone else is doing it, why's it so wrong?"

I still partially blame myself, I despise when people try to pin it on others for their own mistakes; I mean, I could've found a new group at any given point in time, but I thought I was "cool," and I was "hardcore" doing all these things everyone told me to stay away from...

God, I was such a loser...

Anyways, giving alot of people the "cold shoulder," I assumed might give them hints to why I was staying away from them, but that failed...miserably...

Just feels kinda awkward being one of the few in "parties" or whatever completely sober.

What the hell do I know...

Forever
February 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM
The only peer pressure was what I wore, and how I dressed, I tried to be like everyone else when the items got out of fashion. So I'm never good with others that are popular, so I stay away for my own good.

I never tried anything bad though, I'm good like that.

Goku Goku
February 1st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Heh, yeah I try to keep away from those bad people and popularity jocks etc. However, there are some emo/goth people at my school, yeah some of them smoke, but they're not bad people, and they're pretty nice. Also they don't pressure you at all. :) My parents said I can hang around with any kind of people, but just as long as I don't do the bad things they do, then I'm fine. ;) Not all those people are bad, but yeah we choose all make mistakes at some point, minor or major, but we hopefully get around it, right? :D

I'm not really one of those people influenced by any of the pop culture and modern trends and what-not. I'm just myself, whom is a modest and independent person. :\

...but I suppose it weeded out all the fake ones and kept the real ones.

Heh, after something happened (and I won't say so, but it's nothing that ruined anyone's life - rather a 'misunderstanding'), I lost someone who was once my best friend, whom perhaps had a good influence on me (mainly IT stuff), and I was sad about it, and I see I've only ever got a small number of friends, though only 1 or 2 actually know of the situation I'm in, thus they're the closest friends - the rest are oblivious to it, but maybe I didn't tell them. (Yep, that's another side of me...)

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Two kids got kicked out of my school last year for smoking in the bathroom xD
At my school, the bathrooms were always clouded in smoke. At break times, there'd be anywhere from 5-20 people smoking in the boy's bathroom by my form room. Teachers knew they were there, it was kind of hard not to spot the grey clouds surrounding the door and the incredible stench coming from inside.

That's one thing that really pissed me off about smokers, the smell. Especially when they've just had a cigarette and then come and sit next to you. >.> I decided in my last two years to make a rule with my friends that if they've smoked before a lesson, they can stay the hell away from me until they don't smell as bad. Strangely, that worked.

Kura
February 2nd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Heh, yeah I try to keep away from those bad people and popularity jocks etc. However, there are some emo/goth people at my school, yeah some of them smoke, but they're not bad people, and they're pretty nice. Also they don't pressure you at all. :) My parents said I can hang around with any kind of people, but just as long as I don't do the bad things they do, then I'm fine. ;) Not all those people are bad, but yeah we choose all make mistakes at some point, minor or major, but we hopefully get around it, right? :D

I'm not really one of those people influenced by any of the pop culture and modern trends and what-not. I'm just myself, whom is a modest and independent person. :\

Heh, after something happened (and I won't say so, but it's nothing that ruined anyone's life - rather a 'misunderstanding'), I lost someone who was once my best friend, whom perhaps had a good influence on me (mainly IT stuff), and I was sad about it, and I see I've only ever got a small number of friends, though only 1 or 2 actually know of the situation I'm in, thus they're the closest friends - the rest are oblivious to it, but maybe I didn't tell them. (Yep, that's another side of me...)

I keep away from jocks and stuff because I ususally find that they can be quite ignorant and stupid. I'm not saying that all jocks are stupid or anything, but some act too wild for my tastes.. ._. And they don't seem so mature.
I don't drink or smoke or do anything like that. My dad smokes (not pot) and he says that if I ever wanted to try a ciggarette, he can't deny me one because it'd be weird if he's allowed to smoke and I wasn't.. ._.; But I don't wanna smoke because it hurts when I breathe..
I'm -slightly- goth ._. but not really~ Some days I can put on jeans and a pink sparkly top, and other days I put on my bondage-pants and a top with skulls and leather buckles~ So I guess it just depends on my mood~

And yeah, I don't really think I'm influenced by pop culture either~~

As for a friend's situation.. I have one.. but I don't feel comfortable talking about it~

Drummershuff
February 2nd, 2007, 09:39 AM
The toilets in which most people used to smoke in now has a special alarm that doesn't set of the main school one, but goes off as if you even flight your lighter once They're that sensitive. The toilets are right next to a classroom, so once it goes off you can't make a good getaway, which is good as all this idiots are getting caught. One of my friends used to smoke, but he's slowly given up. Thankfully he didn't smoke in school, but he'd go and have one when we went off site for lunch.

Kura
February 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
The toilets in which most people used to smoke in now has a special alarm that doesn't set of the main school one, but goes off as if you even flight your lighter once They're that sensitive. The toilets are right next to a classroom, so once it goes off you can't make a good getaway, which is good as all this idiots are getting caught. One of my friends used to smoke, but he's slowly given up. Thankfully he didn't smoke in school, but he'd go and have one when we went off site for lunch.

Around our school, we have a "Smoker's pit" ._. Soo.. like just this little area with a chain-link fence around it where smokers are allowed to go..
._.; And.. yeah~ We don't have smokers in the bathroom because they can all just walk outside and go there~
-3- In my opinion, it's kinda stupid.. but at least our washrooms don't smell bad X3;;~

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
It makes sense to have that "smoker's pit". They have them in most work places now, since it became illegal to smoke inside places where people are. So, yeah, it keeps the inside of schools, places of work, clean and smelling better.

Drummershuff
February 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Around our school, we have a "Smoker's pit" ._. Soo.. like just this little area with a chain-link fence around it where smokers are allowed to go..
._.; And.. yeah~ We don't have smokers in the bathroom because they can all just walk outside and go there~
-3- In my opinion, it's kinda stupid.. but at least our washrooms don't smell bad X3;;~
We don't have anything like that. Smoking is banned, period. If you're caught off site smoking, you'll get the same sort of punishment as if you were caught in school. It gives bad reputation to the school if you're seen smoking in your uniform, so there are always teachers wondering around wherever you go now...

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
Well, that's because smoking is illegal over here if you're under 16, so a lot of school kids that are smoking are probably underage. Whereas, in America and, probably, Canada, students leave high school at 18. So they have two years of being legally allowed to smoke whilst still at school. plus, they don't wear uniforms either.

Drummershuff
February 2nd, 2007, 09:59 AM
They don't wear uniforms either.
I know. I can't wait until September when I finally won't have to wear a uniform for school. At the moment I think it's stupid for a public school to make their students where a suit when they get into Year 11. It's uncomfortable and, when I'm doing art, I get paint on my trousers, even if I take the jacket off.

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 10:03 AM
I know. I can't wait until September when I finally won't have to wear a uniform for school. At the moment I think it's stupid for a public school to make their students where a suit when they get into Year 11. It's uncomfortable and, when I'm doing art, I get paint on my trousers, even if I take the jacket off.
Try being more careful with the paint then. Or take your trousers off. Whichever you feel more comfortable with.

I'm glad that I never had to wear a suit, wearing a uniform in Years 7-10 was bad enough. A suit just seems like overkill to me.

Morkula
February 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
I had to wear a uniform throughout my entire time in school. Can't imagine wearing a suit every day though. That's just...argh...

And Dawson, you can't smoke until you're 18 over here. XD

Yami Rui
February 2nd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Don't think I have to wear a uniforum over at Banting High School next year. Just sounds really pointless to me.

Oh and the Legal smoking age is over 19 here in Ontario.

Drummershuff
February 2nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
Try being more careful with the pain then. Or take your trousers off. Whichever you feel more comfortable with.

I'm glad that I never had to wear a suit, wearing a uniform in Years 7-10 was bad enough. A suit just seems like overkill to me.
I can't be more careful with the paint. Lately I've been doing painting which require you to get messy and basically fling paint at the board. Oh, and somehow I think I'd feel a little uncomfortable with my trousers off, and besides, think how much paint I'd get on myself? And yeah, I'll be more careful with the pain. Thanks for the advice.

It's okay, I guess. I look a lot smarter but I think I'd look better if I didn't have such long scruffy hair. I should go have a haircut sometime this weekend.

And my first post being Drummershuff!

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
I had to wear a uniform throughout my entire time in school. Can't imagine wearing a suit every day though. That's just...argh...

Seriously? I'm sure I saw a load of younger kids smoking when I was over there. XD

America is really strict on the ages on which people are allowed to do stuff. Yet you guys can drive cars when you're, what, 16? XD

EDIT: Princess, I hate you. XD

Hayate
February 2nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Wearing school uniforms....I'm wondering what kind of experience that is, here in the Netherlands we're free to wear our own clothes to school.

You hate wearing school uniforms, or does it makes you proud in a way like "here I am, representative of our school" ? Heh, that might sound stupid, but I'm curious ^^"

Drummershuff
February 2nd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Seriously? I'm sure I saw a load of younger kids smoking when I was over there. XD

America is really strict on the ages on which people are allowed to do stuff. Yet you guys can drive cars when you're, what, 16? XD

EDIT: Princess, I hate you. XD
I think in some states you're allowed to drive at 15, I could be wrong though.

And I'm sure you don't hate me. I only made fun of a little typo of yours. Look how bad you made me look in your signature with the typo I made. XD

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Wearing school uniforms....I'm wondering what kind of experience that is, here in the Netherlands we're free to wear our own clothes to school.

You hate wearing school uniforms, or does it makes you proud in a way like "here I am, representative of our school" ? Heh, that might sound stupid, but I'm curious ^^"
I hated wearing school uniforms. It was kinda cool for the first week or two of high school, but it got uncomfortable quickly.

Though, I understand the point of it. Our headteacher once told us that it was to make the "poorer" kids feel more at ease, without having to worry about being ridiculed for not being able to afford the clothes that other kids had. Which does kinda make sense to me.

Oh, and somehow I think I'd feel a little uncomfortable with my trousers off, and desides, think how much paint I'd get on myself?Desides?

Yami Rui
February 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM

Some children in America have really lost their diginity as American's. I mean what message or punishment can the American's send to children. Oh yeah start with what's leading more children and teenagers into this growing problem, gangs, punks, really stupid abusive parents.

Sammi
February 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM

At least suits look good... right? *shot* Sorry, but I just like the way they look. A lot. ^^;

I own a suit, believe it or not, and I don't think it's that bad to wear at all. o_O But then again, a woman's suit might not be as bad as a man's suit, and I don't wear it for long periods of time either.

The legal age doesn't stop them at all. They'll find ways to smoke, mostly lie about their age, I think.

If you think about it, drinking and smoking slowly ruin your body... yet cars don't until you crash them or run someone over. XD

Some states want it to be eighteen. I don't know if they are or not though.

I think in some states you're allowed to drive at 15, I could be wrong though.

I don't think there's any that will give you a license then, but I know Kansas will let you have a permit then. If I remember correctly, you can get it at fourteen. Yeah, it has to be -- I remember my 9th grade councilor telling me I couldn't take drivers ed the first semester of 9th grade because I didn't turn 14 until September.

...I hope it was 14, anyway. XD

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Some children in America have really lost their diginity as American's. I mean what message or punishment can the American's send to children. Oh yeah start with what's leading more children and teenagers into this growing problem, gangs, punks, really stupid abusive parents.
I..err..don't understand the point you're trying to make.

And I'm sure you don't hate me. I only made fun of a little typo of yours. Look how bad you made me look in your signature with the typo I made. XD
Yeah, true, but that quote is just awesome. Plus, it makes you look funny, so it isn't all bad. XD

Yami Rui
February 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
I..err..don't understand the point you're trying to make.

I was just saying based on my opinion. Sorry if there's no point in your eyes.

*~Ashley~*
February 2nd, 2007, 11:16 AM

I thought 18 was just the legal age to buy cigarettes... I don't recall that being the legal age to actually smoke. Although, I suppose that's about the same thing...

As for driving, I have heard rumors about CT raising the driving age to 18... it's supposed to happen right about the time my sister turns 16, actually. I don't know if they're actually going to go through with it, but I kinda hope they do raise it...

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
The legal age doesn't stop them at all. They'll find ways to smoke, mostly lie about their age, I think.

If you think about it, drinking and smoking slowly ruin your body... yet cars don't until you crash them or run someone over. XD

Some states want it to be eighteen. I don't know if they are or not though.

Yeah, but I always thought that the legal limit was so that people would be of a certain intelligence and maturity that they'd be able to make an informed decision about the dangers of such things before doing them.

Which is why it seems weird to me that they think teenagers are mature enough to drive a car, yet they can't handle the effects of cigarettes and alcohol. XD

I was just saying based on my opinion. Sorry if there's no point in your eyes.
Nah, I meant it was kind of incomprehensible.

Sammi
February 2nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
I thought 18 was just the legal age to buy cigarettes... I don't recall that being the legal age to actually smoke. Although, I suppose that's about the same thing...

As for driving, I have heard rumors about CT raising the driving age to 18... it's supposed to happen right about the time my sister turns 16, actually. I don't know if they're actually going to go through with it, but I kinda hope they do raise it...

It is, yet it isn't. The age limit to buy would suggest they don't want them smoking or drinking, but my stepdad says the government can't stop him if he gives me alcohol.

Wow... it sounds like it would suck to be her. :/

Personally, I don't know if I'd want the rule to change... driving is almost needed in the US, since it's so big and not many cities have bus systems. But on the other hand, teenagers can be stupid at times, so I can't blame them at all for changing the rules if they do. :/

Yeah, but I always thought that the legal limit was so that people would be of a certain intelligence and maturity that they'd be able to make an informed decision about the dangers of such things before doing them.

Which is why it seems weird to me that they think teenagers are mature enough to drive a car, yet they can't handle the effects of cigarettes and alcohol. XD

Yeah... like I said above, teenagers can be stupid at times. But they can also be mature. I know not to smoke and I can drink alcohol and know what it can do to me. I could've done this at sixteen too. I could probably drive a car if I wanted to. I just never learned, I didn't want to think about driving a ton of metal around. XD

Besides, like I also said, the US is a big place. Driving is almost a necessity in some places. I know it was in Kansas. We lived in a decent-sized city and there was NO bus system at all. At the point where we lived, there was nothing good within walking distance, and not really within biking distance. I think most teenagers would rather drive than walk for minutes.

Dawson
February 2nd, 2007, 11:29 AM
Besides, like I also said, the US is a big place. Driving is almost a necessity in some places. I know it was in Kansas. We lived in a decent-sized city and there was NO bus system at all. At the point where we lived, there was nothing good within walking distance, and not really within biking distance. I think most teenagers would rather drive than walk for minutes.
Yeah, it was like that in Florida when I went to visit. Plus, the roads were all huge and most of them were dead straight for miles. England, on the other hand, has much smaller, more difficult roads to drive. That's probably why I have the mentality about it that I do. I couldn't imagine driving on an English road when I was sixteen. And I was a mature sixteen year old.

*~Ashley~*
February 2nd, 2007, 11:34 AM
It is, yet it isn't. The age limit to buy would suggest they don't want them smoking or drinking, but my stepdad says the government can't stop him if he gives me alcohol.

Wow... it sounds like it would suck to be her. :/

Personally, I don't know if I'd want the rule to change... driving is almost needed in the US, since it's so big and not many cities have bus systems. But on the other hand, teenagers can be stupid at times, so I can't blame them at all for changing the rules if they do. :/

Yeah, but you can get arrested if you're caught drinking underage... but can you get arrested for smoking underage? I don' think so. My first boss used to buy cigarettes for a coworker of mine all the time, and I don't think it's illegal to do so. Although it doesn't make much sense...

No, actually according to my sister, the change will be made for anyone born 1994 and later. She was born right at the end of '93, so if that's the case, she'd be able to get her permit at 16 whereas all her friends would have to wait. XD;

And true, CT doesn't have much of a public transportation system at all... but if they fixed that and made it more accessible, raising the driving age wouldn't hurt...

Kura
February 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Well, that's because smoking is illegal over here if you're under 16, so a lot of school kids that are smoking are probably underage. Whereas, in America and, probably, Canada, students leave high school at 18. So they have two years of being legally allowed to smoke whilst still at school. plus, they don't wear uniforms either.

Not really.. it's still illegal here ._. But it's more like.. it's illegal to buy them for a minor, not for a minor to smoke them~
._. So I think that if you buy smokes for someone under the age of 19, then you get fined like $5000 or something like that~

I'm 17 and I can drive by myself~ ._. I have a G2 permit.. and that means I'm basically allowed to drive anywhere~ I'm just not allowed to drink (as anyone else isn't) and I'm not allowed to have more than one other person (besides myself) under the age of 19 in the car from midnight to 5:00 AM~

But.. otherwise I'm free to go wherever I want X3;~ So it's pretty cool~

Sammi
February 2nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah, it was like that in Florida when I went to visit. Plus, the roads were all huge and most of them were dead straight for miles. England, on the other hand, has much smaller, more difficult roads to drive. That's probably why I have the mentality about it that I do. I couldn't imagine driving on an English road when I was sixteen. And I was a mature sixteen year old.

Indeed. The US is like that.
I was like you -- I didn't think I could handle driving at sixteen. And that's on the easy roads too. XD

I've seen roads like that in Germany. I think most of Europe is right that, right? I remember my German teacher talking about it once, how the US has straight roads and how Germany has weird winding roads. Something about how people had been living in Europe for many years, and the current roads had been roads for years and years. On the other hand, the US really didn't get settled until the 1700s, where people were smart enough to make everything straight. (Don't ask me how the Native Americans didn't count.)

Yeah, but you can get arrested if you're caught drinking underage... but can you get arrested for smoking underage? I don' think so. My first boss used to buy cigarettes for a coworker of mine all the time, and I don't think it's illegal to do so. Although it doesn't make much sense...

Really? o_O Not in Wisconsin, I remember hearing about a law that involved minors drinking underage at a bar if the parents were there and consented to it. The person who was in trouble had a friend who lied about being related to this girl. I can't remember the exact thing, but it was something like that.

Well, unless the laws have changed, or I had misheard.

No, actually according to my sister, the change will be made for anyone born 1994 and later. She was born right at the end of '93, so if that's the case, she'd be able to get her permit at 16 whereas all her friends would have to wait. XD;

Wow, I guess she lucks out then. XD

And true, CT doesn't have much of a public transportation system at all... but if they fixed that and made it more accessible, raising the driving age wouldn't hurt...

I agree. If there's public transportation everywhere, then raising the driving age would not be that much of a problem. Hell, it'd probably be better for everyone, not just teens. I imagine a bus pass is a lot cheaper than gas/fuel, insurance, and car payments.

Arcanine
February 3rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Sometimes I think Georgia is far too lax on their driving laws. To get your permit you got to answer 40 questions and that's it. Once you pass you get your permit and you can drive anywhere as long as someone over 21 (with a license) is in the front seat with you. You don't have to take Drivers Ed (well, I think they are changing that soon), and all that stuff.

Bomberman
February 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
I can get my license next month, but I haven't even begun behind the wheel yet, so I doubt that'll happen. =(

Ayano Katagiri
February 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
I can get my license next month, but I haven't even begun behind the wheel yet, so I doubt that'll happen. =(

Ooo.. I can get my license next month too. You only have to be 15 here to start driving.

Amachi
February 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Sometimes I think Georgia is far too lax on their driving laws. To get your permit you got to answer 40 questions and that's it. Once you pass you get your permit and you can drive anywhere as long as someone over 21 (with a license) is in the front seat with you. You don't have to take Drivers Ed (well, I think they are changing that soon), and all that stuff.
Yeah, it's basically the same here in Australia, so I don't really see anything wrong with the laws over there.

Kura
February 3rd, 2007, 09:45 PM

That's like us, too~ We have to take two quizzes and just get at least 16/20 on both ._. And when you pass you get the permit and can basically drive anywhere as long as someone who's had their lisence for four years (at least) sits in the front with you~~

I just took Drivers Ed because it lowers your insurance by A LOT @@;~

But yeah.. otherwise it's basically the same~~

Ullion
February 3rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
I can get my friver's lisence this August, but I'm not interested in driving, yet. I probably should, but oh well, I can't really be bothered. I'd rather run/walk to get to wherever I need to, probably because i live in a fairly small town, and the fact that the University I WANT (but probably won't end up going) to doesn't allow students or staff members to drive their cars on the camp grounds, thats how athletically (sp?) focused they are. I'm not quite sure if they still have that rule, but either way, if my life goes as how it plans out (which has a 90% chance of NOT working out) then i won't even need to drive a car, EVER. =D

Pikabloo
February 3rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
Driving looks... Boring O_o I'm not totally excited about it. But I still have 4 more years to go (legal driving age here in Thailand is 18). So, I guess I can wait a while before thinking about driving...

Sammi
February 4th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Driving is boring if you're taking long trips. We've done it plenty of times when we lived in the US. When we wanted to go to Wisconsin, we had a 12-14 hour drive each way, depending on who was driving, how fast they went, and the traffic. It gets really really boring after awhile, especially if you know the route.
Of course, that was with me in the passenger's seat. I'd hate to be the one actually driving. It's probably even worse, especially since you're doing all of the work. o.o
Meh, once I'm back in the States and I have a license, that will probably be me. Well, unless I live in Wisconsin, but I don't know where I'll be yet.

As for short driving? Nah, not really. If it's under an hour, I rather enjoy it. It's nice to get out of the house and look around. It's just those drives over two hours that get me. x_x;

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 12:20 AM
One of my friends can get her drivers license in two months, she's two years older than me. But I don't want to drive, I might make mistakes, though all of my family makes it look simple.

But riding a bike wouldn't contribute to any dangerous things, So I'll stick to the bike.

I hate trips in the car, even when it's short, it wastes too much of my time. Expecially if I don't like the destination.

Queen of the Kawaii Jedi Care Bears~
February 4th, 2007, 12:22 AM
@.@ You guys discuss stuff so SERIOUSLY~~~! You shouldn't! ;o; You should discuss happy things. Like... sunshines and rainbows and crack and kawaii jedi care bears x3

I'm too scared to drive. D:< I might run over a care bear.

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Rainbow's aren't happy, they make a sad face. I havent seen a rainbow for ages anyway..oh I remember when, bad day...The sea is happier than anything, it has grumpy old men on it.

February 4th, 2007, 12:30 AM
no!~ ;x; Rainbows are kawaii and joyful and hopeful~! Little ribbons of happiness in the sky!

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 12:33 AM
But the formation of the rings of colour equal "(", Which has always been the symbol for sad-ness.

Butterflies are better than rainbows. <3

Pikabloo
February 4th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I haven't seen a rainbow in a while...

Or, I just don't see it when one appears >_>

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Or, I just don't see it when one appears >_>

Water + Sun = Rainbow, yeah, you can make it appear to be seen.

February 4th, 2007, 12:44 AM
It's some sexy prism-y thing <3~!

Amachi, do you watch Ryuusei no Rockman? >.> There's a character in it called Amachi. *is editing the script for a fansub*

Dawson
February 4th, 2007, 02:48 AM
It's so much more difficult and expensive over here. You are told to have at least 40 hours worth of lessons, at the price of about $40 per hour. Then you have to pass two theory tests. One is answering 35 questions on stuff like road signs, speed limits, safety issues etc, and another one called the Hazard Perception test, where you watch video clips of a car driving and you have to click the mouse immediately when you see a potential hazard. And you lose points for every second or two you waste before clicking it.

After passing both of those, you then get your practical driving test. You're in a car with a driving instructor and they tell you to drive around to different places, performing different turns and manoeuvre. You're allowed to make a few minor errors and still pass, but if you make a serious one, you instantly fail and have to take it again at a later date. At the cost of another $40.

Amachi
February 4th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Only 40 hours? We have to do 50 (and I think that's been at least doubled recently). Well, at least we don't have to pay for every lesson, since anyone with a full driver's licence can teach you.

And then we have the P's test, and like yours if we stuff up hard we instantly phail.

And there's still more tests after that ._.

Queen of the Kawaii Jedi Care Bears~: Nah, my name is that of a character from Ichigo 100%. Heh, another Rockman series, is it any good?

Drummershuff
February 4th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I think driving over here is similar to driving in England, although it's more expensive. I know classes for a practical test are around £30-40 per hour, which is ridiculous. I'm not sure about the motorbike test I'll be taking. I know it's practically the same as a car test, except that you obviously don't drive around with an intructor, it's done by going around cones and stuff until you're comfortable with it. I guess that's going to be quite expensive too; I'll be taking the theory test just before my birthday, and take the practical kinda one a week after like my friend is doing in March.

Dawson
February 4th, 2007, 03:09 AM
Only 40 hours? We have to do 50 (and I think that's been at least doubled recently). Well, at least we don't have to pay for every lesson, since anyone with a full driver's licence can teach you.

And then we have the P's test, and like yours if we stuff up hard we instantly phail.

And there's still more tests after that ._.

Queen of the Kawaii Jedi Care Bears~: Nah, my name is that of a character from Ichigo 100%. Heh, another Rockman series, is it any good?
40 hours is the minimum requirement, I think. That's the general assumption of how long it'd take you to learn everything that needs to be covered, providing you pick up everything almost immediately. A lot of people probably have to double that.

And there was talk a few months ago of making new drivers have to spend a whole year taking lessons, in a bid to cut down on road accidents with new drivers. That could be a good idea, but there's no way I'm paying $40 an hour for an entire year. Besides that, they never mentioned how regularly lessons have to be taken in that year.

Amachi
February 4th, 2007, 03:26 AM
I think driving over here is similar to driving in England, although it's more expensive. I know classes for a practical test are around £30-40 per hour, which is ridiculous. I'm not sure about the motorbike test I'll be taking. I know it's practically the same as a car test, except that you obviously don't drive around with an intructor, it's done by going around cones and stuff until you're comfortable with it. I guess that's going to be quite expensive too; I'll be taking the theory test just before my birthday, and take the practical kinda one a week after like my friend is doing in March.
Hmm, why take a motorcycle test? Like, I know it's your choice and all, but you can't go driving around with your mates and that, so it ain't as fun.

Oh yeah, and it's more dangerous XD;;;;

40 hours is the minimum requirement, I think. That's the general assumption of how long it'd take you to learn everything that needs to be covered, providing you pick up everything almost immediately. A lot of people probably have to double that.

And there was talk a few months ago of making new drivers have to spend a whole year taking lessons, in a bid to cut down on road accidents with new drivers. That could be a good idea, but there's no way I'm paying $40 an hour for an entire year. Besides that, they never mentioned how regularly lessons have to be taken in that year.
Eh, a lot of people just make up hours by the end of it anyway XD;;;

And yeah, we have to have our licence for a whole year too - the 50 hours is just a minimum requirement of it. It's a whole lot of hours too :<

Drummershuff
February 4th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Hmm, why take a motorcycle test? Like, I know it's your choice and all, but you can't go driving around with your mates and that, so it ain't as fun.

Oh yeah, and it's more dangerous XD;;;;
Because at the moment I'm fed up of relying on either the bus or someone to take me somewhere. If I want to quickly see my friend it's at least a 45 minute walk, which would take over half the time if I had a motorbike. I I don't have a motorbike I'd have to cycle which would also take a good 25 minutes, or ask my mum to take me when I know she's got far better things to do. Besides, getting to school in September I won't have to get that dreadful bus, I can get their independently as they allow room for students to park their motorbikes. Hopefully I'll get a car when I'm 17, but in the mean time I wouldn't mind a motorbike.

Dawson
February 4th, 2007, 03:34 AM
I've always wanted a motorbike. I wouldn't use it much..I'd be too scared. XD But it'd be cool to just drive around locally, like going up to the town centre which is about four miles away and on a fairly straight route. It easily beats walking or catching the bus, and it'd be more thrilling than driving a car (if I could).

But I've seen people doing 90+m/ph on busy motorways, swerving in and out of lanes to avoid cars. It's no surprise that most motorcyclists have accidents if you ride them so carelessly. >.>

Nuke
February 4th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I dont think I would ever get a motorbike.

I always feel threatend by people I see on them.

Warheart
February 4th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I always wanted a motorbike when I was little, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world...

Now the whole idea of me ever slipping while on one, and my body being torn apart on the pavement below me, 70 mph comes to mind...

Anyways, I'm in MA, and in my area, there's a requirement for drivers ed, I think it's like 40 hours or so...

Nell
February 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I've always wanted a motorbike. I wouldn't use it much..I'd be too scared. XD But it'd be cool to just drive around locally, like going up to the town centre which is about four miles away and on a fairly straight route. It easily beats walking or catching the bus, and it'd be more thrilling than driving a car (if I could).

But I've seen people doing 90+m/ph on busy motorways, swerving in and out of lanes to avoid cars. It's no surprise that most motorcyclists have accidents if you ride them so carelessly. >.>

Most people here that own motorbikes can be heard 10 minutes before they're seen. >.<;
It happens all the time at night, which is a pain in the ass. And they're always over the speed limit! >O
It might be thrilling, yeah, but it seems too dangerous to allow me to feel the thrill of it. D:
Motorbikes I don't likesh.

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't ever get on a motorbike I don't think let alone ride one XD I can't even trust my friend riding a bike when I'm standing on the back D: I might possibly take driving lessons and stuff after I leave school.

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 04:34 PM
From where my parents come from, every chooses motorbikes or bicycles over cars (in the rural areas anyway). :) Ooh, can't wait to learn to drive at school, but it'll be nerve-racking! XD

Kyoko
February 4th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I've ridden a motorcycle before when I was younger and I'm going to again when my friend gets one for her borthday =D 'm a bit worried though because i really don't trust her on one of those so maybe I'll watch someone else first.

The car I'm getting for my 16th to drive is my mom's mazda, which is compeltly fine with me ^-^

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Heh, I wouldn't get a car just yet, and might not in another at least say 5 years, but yeah most likely I'll just use/practice with my parents' car. :)

Well, my mother would've got a motorbike, but she didn't, because she was worried about the fact that more people drive cars where I live, and so motorcyclists could potentially be at more risk with all the cars. Happened to my uncle as well. Don't plan to ride a motorbike (and may never will), but my brother may try to ride one, since he has a friend whom can ride a motorbike, and he's likely to teach my brother tha skill in the near future. ;)

Bomberman
February 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I'll be driving a '95 Ford Tauros with NO CD PLAYER =O I'll have to have that fixed right up...

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Oh jeez! I would love to have music while driving, but I would worry about it because when driving you have to concentrate with it rather than sit back and listen to music (as always do on car trips), and if you make a mistake it could be the end... :(

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Trusting me on a car I'd prbably have 10+ accidents a year XD; I get distracted easily <: Music can be quite distracting, I guess, if I was driving along and listening to music; I'd end up singing (badly) to it XD

Arcanine
February 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
It's so much more difficult and expensive over here. You are told to have at least 40 hours worth of lessons, at the price of about $40 per hour. Then you have to pass two theory tests. One is answering 35 questions on stuff like road signs, speed limits, safety issues etc, and another one called the Hazard Perception test, where you watch video clips of a car driving and you have to click the mouse immediately when you see a potential hazard. And you lose points for every second or two you waste before clicking it.

After passing both of those, you then get your practical driving test. You're in a car with a driving instructor and they tell you to drive around to different places, performing different turns and manoeuvre. You're allowed to make a few minor errors and still pass, but if you make a serious one, you instantly fail and have to take it again at a later date. At the cost of another $40.
... That sounds like far too much work for me, I think I'll take the normal ways we got here over all that stuff *nods nods*. XD

The first car I want is a truck. A Toyota Tacoma (newer model), maybe I'll get one one day. XD

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Heh, if I'm too careful when I drive a car, I'll go slow, and that would potential stir up some road rage! :P Nor will I speed, or else they'll fine me! :( I guess practice makes perfect, and I'll go for it moderately, and with some music! :)

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 10:42 PM
... That sounds like far too much work for me, I think I'll take the normal ways we got here over all that stuff *nods nods*. XD

The first car I want is a truck. A Toyota Tacoma (newer model), maybe I'll get one one day. XD

Good luck on getting that truck XD I'd probably end up in an old 3-wheeled car XD

My parents said they'd contribute towards driving lessons for me XD; they should know by now I'm an accident prone. I can't even ride my bike without something happening XD

Arcanine
February 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Good luck on getting that truck XD I'd probably end up in an old 3-wheeled car XD

My parents said they'd contribute towards driving lessons for me XD; they should know by now I'm an accident prone. I can't even ride my bike without something happening XD
You still got a ways before needing a car. Me on the other hand, I'm 18 so I need one soon enough. XD

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:03 PM
My parents are for me to drive, not that I want to, though it'll be fun! :D Meh, I'll let my poor mum drive me, but that would be mean! :P

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah XD When I'm old enough to have a car I wouldn't want to bug other people to give me a ride D: They would then probably think I'm lazy or something XD

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM
LOL Instead I have to give them rides. :( Argh well, by my mid-20s I'll be driving people every day (most likely my mother, than by the time my family). :\ Ooh if I became rich (I wish), I would love to have a little limo kind of vehicle, and someone to drive me! XD Oh I can dream... <3

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 11:25 PM
LOL Instead I have to give them rides. :( Argh well, by my mid-20s I'll be driving people every day (most likely my mother, than by the time my family). :\ Ooh if I became rich (I wish), I would love to have a little limo kind of vehicle, and someone to drive me! XD Oh I can dream... <3

I can imagine doing that aswell XD Driving everyone when they want a ride, I'm not the sort of person to say "No" to my friends/family. So I'd have to do it XD;

I like limos, but I wouldn't own one I don't think =P I'd make waaaay too many accidents XD But now you mention someone driving it for you, I suppose that would work XD

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Plus, limo's come with TV's, don't they? And all sorts of stuff! XD LOL It was funny, because we stopped at the traffics behind this car, and it had like a Tv at the top, and we were like watching it (forgot what was on it though), but we had to turn instead of trail it! :D

Someone driving for you...imagine someone doing everything for you? Nah, I need to get off my butt and actually do something - Ican't be lazy all my life! :laugh:

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Oh! They also have Champagne/wine flashy lights! XD

I wouldn't really like anyone drive something that I payed for XD So I'd drive it, it's boring just sitting in the limo on your own aswell XD

Arcanine
February 4th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Cars with TVs in them isn't as good as they're cut out to be. I was like "OMG I want an SUV because they have movie players in them." when I was younger. We never got an SUV, but I did get a nice laptop. And I do watch movies on them when in the car, but it's not like it's the best thing in the world. XD

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Oh! They also have Champagne/wine flashy lights! XD

I wouldn't really like anyone drive something that I payed for XD So I'd drive it, it's boring just sitting in the limo on your own aswell XD

Well, everything's boring alone, but it's also so relaxing too. I'd try to get people to come along for the ride, hoping them talking won't distract me with driving. Ooh if only the car drove itself.... :laugh:

Cars with TVs in them isn't as good as they're cut out to be. I was like "OMG I want an SUV because they have movie players in them." when I was younger. We never got an SUV, but I did get a nice laptop. And I do watch movies on them when in the car, but it's not like it's the best thing in the world. XD

I wnated everything when I was young! XD Heh, I realised my parents don't have a CD player in the car, but with mp3 players what's the bother?! <3 Just gotta love technology... ;D

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Limo's are kool, I need to get one when I get old. XD

I don't want to drive myself, everyone would drive me..because I'd make them.
Lotto is good for me, I'd just have to win.

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 11:41 PM
XD I get bored watching TV at home let alone watching TV in a car XD

If the car drove by itself. I would be scared, it'd drive into every car before it even detects a red traffic light XD

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Limo's are kool, I need to get one when I get old. XD

I don't want to drive myself, everyone would drive me..because I'd make them.
Lotto is good for me, I'd just have to win.

Lotto? No one wins that thing! It's a scam! XD Well, someone will win, but they'll win the money to spent on getting the lotto ticket! XP Nah, we don't try the lotto much, because we know we don't have enough luck to win it. I guess money is best earnt, through tidious education and whatever life throughs at us. ;)

XD I get bored watching TV at home let alone watching TV in a car XD

If the car drove by itself. I would be scared, it'd drive into every car before it even detects a red traffic light XD

Free TV's boring most of the times anyways! :P

Traffic lights are weird. I use to think some fat guy lived underground and controlled the traffic lights! XD

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Lotto isn't a scam, it's just..it needs patience, like..if you try the same numbers your whole life, just before you die, you'd probably win lotto. Well that's what I go by.

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:46 PM
In the end, we all want money. Why can't we just barter instead?! :P

Speaking of traffic lights, I hate to stop when the lights go yellow, so I'll speed up and pass by the time it's red light! Just hope no-one will fine me though... :nervous:

Emma
February 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
XD! I thought there were little creatures inside the traffic lights who contolled them XD; I used to think weird things D:

My parents get 2 lottery tickets a week, the most we've ever won is £15 or something XD

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Getting money for free makes more sense. Wait no it doesn't, money can''t be free. XD
But anyway, lotto's best.

I hate the traffic lights near the school, they take forever to change, so I'm close to being late.

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:51 PM
@ Emma: Which reminds me, my bro use to buy those small lottery tickets, but would only win AUS$2 (don't how much it would be £ though, sorry), but then keep buying them until he ran out of money! XD Yeah, I love those small scratchies, it's so fun to scratch them! :)

@ Nica: I wish money did grow on trees! <3 Anywho, I realise that there's som traffic in the most useless places, like where people won't never cross, and when it goes red just hate it! :\

Forever
February 4th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I want a money tree, N&P always used to say that they had a money tree living down the back, but I made it run out, I actually believed that. XD

Drummershuff
February 4th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Lotto isn't a scam, it's just..it needs patience, like..if you try the same numbers your whole life, just before you die, you'd probably win lotto. Well that's what I go by.
Lotta is a scam though. Whether or not you have those numbers all your life, it doesn't mean you're going to win anything. There are so many different number combinations that you could have that it's like, a million to one that your numbers will come out. It's completely at random, so if you have the numbers all your life, nothing is stopping eg. 4, 6, 21, 17, 1, 12 coming out more than once.

Goku Goku
February 4th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Lotta is a scam though. Whether or not you have those numbers all your life, it doesn't mean you're going to win anything. There are so many different number combinations that you could have that it's like, a million to one that your numbers will come out. It's completely at random, so if you have the numbers all your life, nothing is stopping eg. 4,6,21,17,1,12 coming out more than once.

Ooh I don't like those odds. :( I guess it's time to...beg for some moneys on the street! XD Nah, I'm not that poor, but my parents will soon make me get a job so that I can make my own money, but what to spend on it...*hires man to steal money*...

Emma
February 5th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I sometimes get my dad to get me a £1 scratchcard XD the most I've won on any of them is about £10.

If only there was a growing money tree, I'd be picking the money off all of the time D;

Forever
February 5th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Lotta is a scam though. Whether or not you have those numbers all your life, it doesn't mean you're going to win anything. There are so many different number combinations that you could have that it's like, a million to one that your numbers will come out. It's completely at random, so if you have the numbers all your life, nothing is stopping eg. 4, 6, 21, 17, 1, 12 coming out more than once.

Omg, You said one of my own lotto numbers. I love the number four.

It isn't a scam if you have a chance of winning.

Ayano Katagiri
February 5th, 2007, 12:01 AM

XD, the chances of winning Lotto are so low that there simply is no point playing. I've never won anything from lotto.

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 12:05 AM
What I never got about the lotto is, if it's so hard to win (and I know the chances are really really really high) then how come they got these big groups of people that wins it all the time. I mean like the last time I remember the big big jack pot, they had like 8 people up there with the same set of numbers. It's just strange...

Goku Goku
February 5th, 2007, 12:08 AM
If only we were among that few who won... :(

That's why you gamble mes amis! ;) Or play any sort of board games with your friends, but make it a high stakes game where the winner takes all. LOL Every Chinese New Year me and our relatives and families we play bingo, and it's 20 cents to play each game, and the winner takes all. About 2 dozen or so people play, and some pay more to have two bingo cards, thinking they'll have more chances of winning! XD We play it to see who has luck on their side (perhaps for the whole year), and it's fun really! :D

Forever
February 5th, 2007, 12:15 AM
What I never got about the lotto is, if it's so hard to win (and I know the chances are really really really high) then how come they got these big groups of people that wins it all the time. I mean like the last time I remember the big big jack pot, they had like 8 people up there with the same set of numbers. It's just strange...

Do you mean the syndicates or lots of people winning with the same numbers?

Drummershuff
February 5th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Ooh I don't like those odds. :( I guess it's time to...beg for some moneys on the street! XD Nah, I'm not that poor, but my parents will soon make me get a job so that I can make my own money, but what to spend on it...*hires man to steal money*...
Yeah, I've got a job with good enough pay that I don't need to throw any money away on buying a lottery ticket. They make so much money out of people which is why they don't admit it's such a scam. They say anyone can win, which is true, but there are so many different combinations that you'd have to spend millions of pounds per draw to win just £50.
I sometimes get my dad to get me a £1 scratchcard XD the most I've won on any of them is about £10.

If only there was a growing money tree, I'd be picking the money off all of the time D;
I remember ages ago I was at a restaurant with my family, and to keep me amused my mum bought me a sractchcard. On the first one I only found a pound, so I bought another one. On that one I found £5, so I bought two more and kept the £3. On those two I won nothing, and then on the last I found £25 or £30, not too sure. Then not so long ago I got given a lottery ticket for one week and won £30. That's all I've ever won though.
Omg, You said one of my own lotto numbers. I love the number four.

It isn't a scam if you have a chance of winning.
I don't really know how many people can 'love' a number. It's like saying you love the letter E for a reason. XD
XD, the chances of winning Lotto are so low that there simply is no point playing. I've never won anything from lotto.
It depends, if you're feeling lucky one day you might want to spent a little money on one ticket and you never know, you might win. But I think it's stupid when people use all there money on getting tickets and using luck to get them more. It's... stupid and pathetic. They'd be better eating it than buying tickets that make you excited one minute with the prospect of winning then after the draw making you disappointed at wasting however much money you used. At least you wouldn't be hungry afterwards.
I have seen once that there is a combination to win it, it was in the paper not too long ago that these scientists found a random number system that allowed them to predict what the machines would bring out. Not sure it was true, but it seemed quite cool that there was a way to win money. Before they broadcast their theory, they tested it and won a couple of million.

bmah
February 5th, 2007, 12:20 AM

That is weird...doing calculations, the chances of winning are usually 1 in an XXXmillion, yet there's usually more than one winner. I guess that if no one wins the next lottery, then more people would gamble after the prize money is jacked up even higher; thus there would be more of a chance that there are multiple winners.
Recently, the largest jackpot in Canada (somewhere around $50 million) was shared among something like 15 field workers who worked in the oil industry. At least the money is split. I would hate to see $50 million end up in the hands of one person who bought a lottery ticket on a whim.

Goku Goku
If only I could see into the future... <3

I don't really know how many people can 'love' a number. It's like saying you love the letter E for a reason. XD

I seem to liek number 8 for no reason at all, and I love the letter A, as in 'A' in your grades! XD

Forever

It's easy to love such an awesome number as that. I don't love letters, they think they are so good....

But I only like/love that number, 'cause it's lucky, and my birth month.

Goku Goku
February 5th, 2007, 12:29 AM
LOL I too believe in superstition! Heh, does anyone believe in the idea of 666 being the devil number, and 13 being the unlucky number? I don't think my birth date is so lucky, however I find even numbers to be lucky for me. :)

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Do you mean the syndicates or lots of people winning with the same numbers? Where lots of people get the same winning number.

I have seen once that there is a combination to win it, it was in the paper not too long ago that these scientists found a random number system that allowed them to predict what the machines would bring out as the number. Not sure it was true, but it seemed quite cool that there was a way to win money. Before they broadcast there theory, they tested it and won a couple of million.A bunch of scientists did that? What where they bored or something? XD
They got different ways of drawing numbers. Like here in GA, they use plastic balls, and they're in this plastic tank (sort of like one of them big big fish bowls). And you got air blowing all in there, so when they open up little doors (or something) the balls that blow in is the numbers for the lotto (or something like that XD).

Pikabloo
February 5th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Nope. I don't believe in superstition...

I sort of used to, though. Like, I would keep calling my friend 'unlucky' cause her birthday's on the 13th (I can't think of a better example xD).

Drummershuff
February 5th, 2007, 12:34 AM
LOL I too believe in superstition! Heh, does anyone believe in the idea of 666 being the devil number, and 13 being the unlucky number? I don't think my birth date is so lucky, however I find even numbers to be lucky for me. :)
I don't know, really. I mean, 13 has never been an unlucky number for me so I can't say that I think it's an unlucky number... but
I've seen other people have bad luck on Friday 13, but I think that has something to do with them wanting to be center of attention.

One of the numbers I use from my birthday is the 30. My mum used to buy scratchcards and that was one of the numbers she used so I've stuck with it. It's easy to remember for obvious reason, but it's not a lucky number either. Numbers are only something we've made up to represent something. They aren't that special or lucky in my opinion.

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 12:44 AM
That is weird...doing calculations, the chances of winning are usually 1 in an XXXmillion, yet there's usually more than one winner. I guess that if no one wins the next lottery, then more people would gamble after the prize money is jacked up even higher; thus there would be more of a chance that there are multiple winners.
Recently, the largest jackpot in Canada (somewhere around $50 million) was shared among something like 15 field workers who worked in the oil industry. At least the money is split. I would hate to see $50 million end up in the hands of one person who bought a lottery ticket on a whim.I just find it strange how a group of people can win. I know more and more people try out for it. But days and days on end no one wins. And then BAM, people lines up win winning tickets. But I guess if it's the chance to win big (like right now GA has it's large jack pot set at like $100+ million) then people will go for it.

Goku Goku
February 5th, 2007, 12:57 AM
People will do anything for funny...why can't they just realise they'll never win, and save money rather than spend it on the lottery. Also, some people get addicted to gambling with poker machines too...is money that important? :\

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 01:01 AM
People will do anything for funny...why can't they just realise they'll never win, and save money rather than spend it on the lottery. Also, some people get addicted to gambling with poker machines too...is money that important? :\
The chances of winning is very very slim. But saying "They'll never win" might be pushing it a little. I mean you'll likely not win, but I've seen people walk away with big checks, so they won. XD

To me, it's just a big waste of time and money. I could spend my money on other things.

Goku Goku
February 5th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Same. I can't begin to list all the things I could buy with money. What reall annoys me is that the government is taking money off us for everything, and create lowsy taxes! >.<

Drummershuff
February 5th, 2007, 01:12 AM
The chances of winning is very very slim. But saying "They'll never win" might be pushing it a little. I mean you'll likely not win, but I've seen people walk away with big checks, so they won. XD

To me, it's just a big waste of time and money. I could spend my money on other things.
It's not very often that people win the main prize though. They usually get three or so numbers, but it isn't that common for people to get all the numbers and walk away with millions. It happens rarely from what I've seen. Although, I don't follow the lotto because it doesn't interest me.

And yeah, you could always spend your money on that dumper truck you want or that HP laptop you're going to be buying me. Which reminds me, I'll be getting some money towards that at the end of the money. Now I've just got to find a store that sells that dV6000 or whatever. But yay for new laptop. XD

EDIT: Anyway, I'm going for a bit. Be back later.

Goku Goku
February 5th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Heh, not one person has won the lotto. Yeah, multiple peoples always win the lotto, thus the total money is divided. :(

I'm thinking of getting the latest of consoles, perhaps PSP or DS... :\

Dawson
February 5th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Yeah, it is incredibly unlikely that you will win the jackpot on the lottery. But if you did, that's it, you're life has just gotten infinite times easier. You wouldn't ever have to work if you're sensible with your money and your family would be set for life. Hell, yeah can be pretty frivolous with it and still not have to work again. It'd be a dream come true for most people. That alone is a pretty good reason to throw a little bit of money each week. I'd do it if I could afford to and I could actually be bothered to buy a ticket each work, because you just never know.

Gokux2, get a DS, PSP sucks.

Forever
February 5th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Heh, not one person has won the lotto. Yeah, multiple peoples always win the lotto, thus the total money is divided. :(

I'm thinking of getting the latest of consoles, perhaps PSP or DS... :\

So whenever WA wins the lotto your side of Aus does too?
That's hard to believe, unless someone does that on purpose so the other side of Aus doesn't miss out.

DS is good, teh stylus rules all. Not really, Though I try to use the stylus less if theres a GBA option, the stylus actually hurts my long nails.

Bomberman
February 5th, 2007, 07:05 AM
The DS is quite possibly the best system I've ever played. Even though I'm a leftie, the stylus still isn't bad.

Sammi
February 5th, 2007, 07:33 AM
I love the DS, personally. I'd write one big paragraph, but a list looks better and neater.

~ The normal DS is okay, but the DS Lite is soooo pretty, especially the pink one. I have one, and it rules. ♥
~ The touch screen is pretty cool. It's one of my favorite things about it. ^^
~ They have some pretty good games for it too, although I don't play a lot of them, to be honest. Then again, I'm a computer addict, so that doesn't help any...
~ D/P is going to come out on it :D ...well, maybe that's a good thing if you like Pokémon.
~ Finally, they're really sturdy, if you ask me. I've dropped mine a few times, and accidentally submersed it in water, and it STILL works perfectly. o.o;

The PSP doesn't appeal to me as much, simply because of the games. The DS may be cheaper than the PSP, but I'd get the PSP before the DS if it had more games I knew I'd play. I hardly see any games for the PSP I would even play.
The DS has more games and series that I like: Pokémon, Mario, and a few others like Animal Crossing. That's why I got it over the PSP.

Bomberman -- Is it really that strange to play on the DS left handed? I use my left hand and I've never had an issue with it.

Bomberman
February 5th, 2007, 07:36 AM
It's always awkward to take the stylus out of the lite with your right hand and then switch to your left hand while playing. I get used to it, though.

Another thing I like about the DS: lit screen! I never had an SP or Micro, so now I'm playing all these GBA games on it and they look beautiful!

Emma
February 5th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I love the DS, personally. I'd write one big paragraph, but a list looks better and neater.

~ The normal DS is okay, but the DS Lite is soooo pretty, especially the pink one. I have one, and it rules. ♥

I have a Pink DS lite. I got it for Christmas, the battery ran out a few days ago and I can't find the charger ~_~

I don't think I would get a PSP after reading some online reviews about it, apparently it takes forever to load >.<

Bomberman
February 5th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I'd rather have a PC than a PSP.... same functions really...

Dawson
February 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I don't think I would get a PSP after reading some online reviews about it, apparently it takes forever to load >.<
I can testify to that. The loading times on every game I played were unbelievable. I had a WWE game with my PSP, and I spent four minutes staring at loading screens at any one time. And each fight only took two or three minutes to complete.

I had Breath of Fire too, and it was just impossible to play, because you'd just be walking around for a while and you'd then be hit with ten second delays for loading times. Same for just before you encounter a random fight, it take fifteen seconds to load, and about ten seconds to load after the fight is over too. So, yeah, all you really do is stare at loading screens.

PSP is a piss poor excuse for a handheld console and further proof that all Sony knows what to do with new machines is throw graphical power into it, at the price of actually being able to play games.

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I like totally own both a DS and a PSP!!!!!!!111

The DS can blow the PSP's shoulder buttons off any day of the week.
For one thing, the PSP doesn't have any good games (I got 1 PSP game and I want 2 others, that's it). I know likes and dislikes for games is all due to opinion, but when most people say "the PSP doesn't have any good games" then you know something is up.
Sure you can watch vids, play movies, listen to music, look at pics, and surf the web all on the PSP. But what good is all that if it doesn't have any good games on it? I haven't played my PSP game in like a year or more, and that's what I get for spending $250 on a worthless handheld.
DS > PSP any day of the week. Now if only I had the money to get a Black DSLite...... (or the Pokemon DSLite if it comes out stateside).

Drummershuff
February 5th, 2007, 10:40 AM
The DS is quite possibly the best system I've ever played. Even though I'm a leftie, the stylus still isn't bad.
Eh, when I played my friends DS I used to my left hand and I didn't find it was bad at all.... it's funny though, just about everything else I'll use my right hand for, even playing sports or tying a tie. But for writing, playing with a game console, and other things, I'll use my left. I don't know why. I guess it could be because most of my family is right handed and there is only two left handed people (one being my seven-year-old cousin) that I've been brought up doing things the way people will do if they're right handed.

Dawson
February 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I like totally own both a DS and a PSP!!!!!!!111

The DS can blow the PSP's shoulder buttons off any day of the week.
For one thing, the PSP doesn't have any good games (I got 1 PSP game and I want 2 others, that's it). I know likes and dislikes for games is all due to opinion, but when most people say "the PSP doesn't have any good games" then you know something is up.
Sure you can watch vids, play movies, listen to music, look at pics, and surf the web all on the PSP. But what good is all that if it doesn't have any good games on it? I haven't played my PSP game in like a year or more, and that's what I get for spending $250 on a worthless handheld.
DS > PSP any day of the week. Now if only I had the money to get a Black DSLite...... (or the Pokemon DSLite if it comes out stateside).
Start at post #3399 (http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35746&page=136&highlight=screens). XD I always remember that little DS vs PSP argument that you and I had, Andy. XD

I'm left handed, and I use the stylus with my left hand. Works fine for me. Only thing that does bug me is having to use the action keys as a D Pad in MP:H.

Emma
February 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Meh, I've looked in quite a few game shops near my house a lot lately (Mainly because of my search for the Wii XD All of my personal searching for the Wii was wasted when my dad easily got one on friday XDD) and I've seen loads of PSP games that are just copies of the games made for the PS2 O_o I don't really see the point in getting a PSP then, since I have a big collection of PS2 games and I don't really want to buy another copy of it to play on a PSP.

I use my right hand for everything else except from writing and using my DS lite XD My friends think I'm strange for doing that. What the heck is so strange about using different hands for different things? XD

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Start at post #3399 (http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35746&page=136&highlight=screens). XD I always remember that little DS vs PSP argument that you and I had, Andy. XD

I'm left handed, and I use the stylus with my left hand. Works fine for me. Only thing that does bug me is having to use the action keys as a D Pad in MP:H.
Thank you Dawson... Now I'm going to go kill myself.... XD

I don't know what happened to me back then, reading them posts is as hard as me going back to the old PC and reading my n00bish posts. I guess it had something to do with me getting more use out of the PSP then what I did with my DS. I had songs, pics (had Wii pics on it XD), and a game to go with the PSP. The DS on the other hand I didn't have a game (MKDS was my first game and it came out a year after the DS Launch) so I had no use for it.

But that is so damn sick..... ME saying the PSP is better then the DS......... XD

Dawson
February 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Thank you Dawson... Now I'm going to go kill myself.... XD

I don't know what happened to me back then, reading them posts is as hard as me going back to the old PC and reading my n00bish posts. I guess it had something to do with me getting more use out of the PSP then what I did with my DS. I had songs, pics (had Wii pics on it XD), and a game to go with the PSP. The DS on the other hand I didn't have a game (MKDS was my first game and it came out a year after the DS Launch) so I had no use for it.

But that is so damn sick..... ME saying the PSP is better then the DS......... XD
Come on, it's something to laugh about now. Because it was pretty funny to see you fighting the PSP's cause against the DS. XD

And, yeah, the fact that you didn't have any games probably did influence your opinion. But that leads me to ask..why did you buy a DS with no games? XD

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Come on, it's something to laugh about now. Because it was pretty funny to see you fighting the PSP's cause against the DS. XD

And, yeah, the fact that you didn't have any games probably did influence your opinion. But that leads me to ask..why did you buy a DS with no games? XD
No it isn't fun, it's retarded...... XD
That's worse then what went on in 9". XD

Why? Because I was the second person on PC to post saying "OMG I got a DS!" (I wanted to be first). Because it was Nintendo and I'm a sucker for Nintendo stuff (I still need the money to get a DSLite). And because I thought they were going to have a few games I liked maybe a few weeks to a month or so down the road. XD

flight
February 5th, 2007, 12:13 PM
No it isn't fun, it's retarded...... XD
That's worse then what went on in 9". XD

Why? Because I was the second person on PC to post saying "OMG I got a DS!" (I wanted to be first). Because it was Nintendo and I'm a sucker for Nintendo stuff (I still need the money to get a DSLite). And because I thought they were going to have a few games I liked maybe a few weeks to a month or so down the road. XD

I once had a DSLite. Nothing special really. Except the really comfortable buttons and the fact that my hands don't sweat every time I play the system for a while. XD

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I once had a DSLite. Nothing special really. Except the really comfortable buttons and the fact that my hands don't sweat every time I play the system for a while. XD
Once? Poor poor DSLite. XD

I want one because the normal DS is starting to tick me off. It's hard, sort of heavy, and is so out of style. I need a new Black DSLite because the normal DS is so old. XD
And if I can then I'm getting this (http://gonintendo.com/?p=5210) DSLite. *nods nods* XD

flight
February 5th, 2007, 12:27 PM

I want one because the normal DS is starting to tick me off. It's hard, sort of heavy, and is so out of style. I need a new Black DSLite because the normal DS is so old. XD
And if I can then I'm getting this (http://gonintendo.com/?p=5210) DSLite. *nods nods* XD

I agree with bolded text. I hate how it's heavy and makes my hands sweat(sort of) and it looks weird.

Nintendo improved their little "mistake" by making the DSLite, it seems.

Andy, once you get that, I'm going to be jealous of you for life. XD

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I agree with bolded text. I hate how it's heavy and makes my hands sweat(sort of) and it looks weird.

Nintendo improved their little "mistake" by making the DSLite, it seems.

Andy, once you get that, I'm going to be jealous of you for life. XD
Also not very good to put in your pocket and take it on the go. XD

Which is kind of bad. I mean they tend to do it a bit with their handheld line (The GameBoy had the Pocket, the GBA had the SP and the Micro).

And that's "if" I get that. Because it's only out in Japan and I don't know if it's going to come out outside of Japan. XD
But I do got a friend that has one of them DSLites (he imported it from Japan). So you can be jealous of Dark Heaven. XD

Loyal Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM

People said that about the normal GBA too when the SP came out. The new stuff just always has some advantage over older stuff (don't get me wrong, they may have disadvantages too) which is logical, since it wouldn't sell otherwise.

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
People said that about the normal GBA too when the SP came out. The new stuff just always has some advantage over older stuff (don't get me wrong, they may have disadvantages too) which is logical, since it wouldn't sell otherwise.
I see nothing wrong with improving. The PS had the PSOne, the PS2 had the PSTwo, and the PS3 will likely have the PSThree. But I just wish they could get things down pat the first time.
But yea, disadvantages also can happen. Look at the Micro, it was said to be better then the normal GBA or SP but I think I would take my SP over the Micro (It looks too small for me). And many people felt the same and so why it didn't take off like the GBA or SP did (also had something to do with most already owning a GBA or SP and didn't want to dish out the money for yet another GBA system).

Warheart
February 5th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Meh...

If you think about it, people feelinhg the need to go out and buy a newer model of the same hardware is all psychological; Before you hear about a "new version," you feel fine about your old one; What I mean is, if there's nothing to compare the old one to, you're fine about it, when something new comes out, you start to feel "well this is so heavy," "not as thin as the other one," or "this is old now"

I'm not worried about how things look, I wouldn't go out and buy a new DS lite just because it's brighter than the one I own if they both do the same thing.

Bomberman
February 5th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Murderface, that's a really good view on things =)

Arcanine
February 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Meh...

If you think about it, people feelinhg the need to go out and buy a newer model of the same hardware is all psychological; Before you hear about a "new version," you feel fine about your old one; What I mean is, if there's nothing to compare the old one to, you're fine about it, when something new comes out, you start to feel "well this is so heavy," "not as thin as the other one," or "this is old now"

I'm not worried about how things look, I wouldn't go out and buy a new DS lite just because it's brighter than the one I own if they both do the same thing. Not all of it is psychological as you say. It's a fact that the first GameBoy was said to be far too heavy and too big. And what other Nintendo handhelds did they have to compare it to? It was 7 years before the Pocket came out, but I don't think it took them 7 years to go "Hm... the first GameBoy was too heavy". People wanted to play GB games in color like they could on the console, I don't think they had to wait 9 years to wise up. People wanted to play their GameBoy in the dark, it was 14 years after the GB launch when we got the SP (the first real lighted GameBoy, because GameBoy Light was only in Japan), I don't think it took them that long to know what they were missing.

Sure, some of it might be psychological (it's new, it's shiny, and it's wanted). But people did say "The DS is too large, too heavy" long before the DSLite came out. So saying "It's just all in your head" isn't true.

Forever
February 5th, 2007, 10:32 PM
My DS is perfect to me and I have no problems with it, but, I probably would have wanted the other console if I realised it came out a year before I did. I'm so behind on life ;;

Goku Goku
February 5th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Woh, most of yours convinced me that the DS is better! :shocked: Personally, I think I would go for a DS, but I think some PSP games (such as Naruto and DBZ) are pretty good. :\ Well, I can't get both though (not now anyways)! :P

Bomberman
February 6th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Not all of it is psychological as you say. It's a fact that the first GameBoy was said to be far too heavy and too big. And what other Nintendo handhelds did they have to compare it to? It was 7 years before the Pocket came out, but I don't think it took them 7 years to go "Hm... the first GameBoy was too heavy". People wanted to play GB games in color like they could on the console, I don't think they had to wait 9 years to wise up. People wanted to play their GameBoy in the dark, it was 14 years after the GB launch when we got the SP (the first real lighted GameBoy, because GameBoy Light was only in Japan), I don't think it took them that long to know what they were missing.

But people were also saying, "A lit color screen on a handheld? That's future technology..."

Dawson
February 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah, as soon as the DS was released there were complaints about its design. People complaining about its size, the weight, the general design of it and the screen brightness. Although it sold really well, Nintendo knew where it could be improved and took the consumer complaints on board, ending up designing a new and improved version, the DSLite.

And, nobody was forced to buying a DSLite, it was purely down to the person and whether they considered the improvements worth paying for. Afterall, the original DS still plays all the same games as the DSLite.

Emma
February 6th, 2007, 10:50 AM
The main reason why I got a DS lite when I already have a DS was because the Original DS was really uncomfortable and made my arms ache holding it up to play. Having a bigger stylus was better aswell, it was easier to find if you misplaced it. XD

Arcanine
February 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM
But people were also saying, "A lit color screen on a handheld? That's future technology..."
And that's the thing. People want things, people want VR on the Wii, people want life like graphics, and so on. Does this mean it was all in their head when they thought the DS had too much weight on it? No, it just means they wanted the DS to be not as heavy, they wanted it to be better then what it was.

Warheart
February 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM
yeah, but people are gonna find flaws in everything; I could argue that the DS Lite's design is chinzy, and feels like I could break it at any moment in my hands...

But yeah, I see your point...

People just complain too much; no one will ever be able to agree on everything.

Dawson
February 6th, 2007, 02:36 PM
yeah, but people are gonna find flaws in everything; I could argue that the DS Lite's design is chinzy, and feels like I could break it at any moment in my hands...
You've clearly never held a PSP properly.

And, really, it's not a bad thing. Striving for perfection is a good ambition to have, and it's something that everyone should be doing. Without that, the world wouldn't be anywhere near as advanced as it is. People would just be happy with what they had, not caring too greatly about how much they could improve things with more effort.

Bomberman
February 6th, 2007, 02:55 PM
You've clearly never held a PSP properly.

And, really, it's not a bad thing. Striving for perfection is a good ambition to have, and it's something that everyone should be doing. Without that, the world wouldn't be anywhere near as advanced as it is. People would just be happy with what they had, not caring too greatly about how much they could improve things with more effort.

Very true, that could be said of anything from entertainment to science to math to the arts... Perfection can never be attained, but it's always better to try for it.

Warheart
February 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM

No, "Striving for perfection" never is, but when people start to constantly complain, and never appear to be happy about what they actually have, it can be a problem...

Constructive criticism is different than saying "I don't wan't this lame-ass thing anymore, the new one's cooler."

But this is kinda getting off topic, so...

Dawson
February 6th, 2007, 03:53 PM
No, "Striving for perfection" never is, but when people start to constantly complain, and never appear to be happy about what they actually have, it can be a problem...
I see your point. But people have differing ways of communicating improvements that can be made. Some people will just be quite smart about it and say something like "This product is good, but it can be improved by adding this, this and this." Whereas, others will publicly whine about the negatives constantly. They're completely different approaches, but they still pretty much the same point. And just because those people whine -publicly- doesn't mean they aren't enjoying the product, they could very well be using it all the time, they just think it has flaws and voiced their opinions.

But this is kinda getting off topic, so...

This is the DCC, the topic is whatever we choose to talk about. XD

Goku Goku
February 7th, 2007, 12:23 AM
LOL Something can be mastered, but not perfected! :P It's not about trying to be perfect, but putting your best effort into - it's all about self-satisfaction. :)

Speaking of which, I have a goal, which is to study IT and get into Uni, to get good grades and a good job that pays well, and to get rich and travel the world. :D I don't want to live in where I live forever, and really want to get away from it all by going to live in another country. ;)

Simplicity
February 7th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Travelling is kind of what I'd like to do when I'm older. XD

Aww, I can suck or master something...it depends on what it is...n_n;

Uni, I long to go there...that is something I must master...um, yeah. XD

I cannot be perfect, no one really is. 8D

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Speaking of which, I have a goal, which is to study IT and get into Uni, to get good grades and a good job that pays well, and to get rich and travel the world. :D I don't want to live in where I live forever, and really want to get away from it all by going to live in another country. ;)
Sounds like quite a common goal, really. XD

Meh, being rich has never really been my target in life. My target has really been just to work my way towards an easy life with no stress or money worries, because my family had nothing but that for years. And like to be able to be in a position where I can fully support my parents too, so they can start relaxing and enjoying their lives too, and getting them out of the crappy neighbourhood we currently live in. Like to a nice, quiet country village, that'd suit them.

And traveling, I've never really been keen on just moving around the world, spending a couple of days in one place and then trekking to the next or something. But there are places that I'd like to visit, and re-visit, but I'd go there as a vacation really.

Aww, I can suck or master something...it depends on what it is...n_n;
That's like me. XD For instance, sports I've always been able to learn quickly. For instance, badminton. I'd never played badminton before in my life, but most of my PE class had played it regularly at their previous school (I went to a different one) so they had much more experience. But within 3 or 4 lessons, I was in the top 3 players out of about 60.

And then there are things like textile work which, despite having to do for my first three years in high school, I was just as crappy with it as I was when I first started.

Forever
February 7th, 2007, 04:38 AM
I can do everything, it's quite easy.
If theres something I can't do, I try to get out of doing it, by sweet-talking whoever the person is. If I can do it, it's easier.

Getting to uni might be hard to me, because I found out I have to pass all my classes, including maths, of which I simply can't do. So I'm going to somehow convince the teachers to allow me to study the TEE courses, but just not maths, thoughout these next three years.

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I can do everything, it's quite easy.
If theres something I can't do, I try to get out of doing it, by sweet-talking whoever the person is. If I can do it, it's easier.
That's a major contradiction. You just said you can easily do everything (which is an incredible generalisation), then said you'd sweet talk people to get out of the things you can't do. And how is it even possible to "sweet talk" teachers into getting out of not doing something that you don't know how to do?

Getting to uni might be hard to me, because I found out I have to pass all my classes, including maths, of which I simply can't do. So I'm going to somehow convince the teachers to allow me to study the TEE courses, but just not maths, thoughout these next three years.
What are TEE courses? But, I'm pretty sure if you need maths to get into university, then you're going to have to pass maths. University requirements aren't really something you can just side step.

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 03:27 PM
That's like me. XD For instance, sports I've always been able to learn quickly. For instance, badminton. I'd never played badminton before in my life, but most of my PE class had played it regularly at their previous school (I went to a different one) so they had much more experience. But within 3 or 4 lessons, I was in the top 3 players out of about 60.

And then there are things like textile work which, despite having to do for my first three years in high school, I was just as crappy with it as I was when I first started.

That kind of reminds me of when I started playing a new position in football. I had no idea how to do it, and after a week, I was starter for middle linebacker.

Nica, instead of getting out of it, why don't you learn it?

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 03:36 PM
That kind of reminds me of when I started playing a new position in football. I had no idea how to do it, and after a week, I was starter for middle linebacker.

Nica, instead of getting out of it, why don't you learn it?
Yeah, exactly. Some people pick up certain things easily, like you and I with sports. Whereas other people will learn algebraic equations and formulas in no time at all. People have different talents for learning different things.

I like being able to learn sports quickly, but it wasn't really the most useful trait I could've been given.

Elusive
February 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I suck at badminton. Give me tennis anyday.

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I prefer badminton really. Whilst I do enjoy tennis (though I haven't played for years) I just find badminton more exhilarating. And because of the smaller court, badminton focuses more on reflexes, and my reflexes have always been really quick.

Elusive
February 7th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Well, I had Badminton two years in a row for phy ed and failed both times. Had Tennis earlier this year and passed.

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I've never heard of badminton, what do you do in it?

Elusive
February 7th, 2007, 03:48 PM
It's like Tennis but harder (imo). It uses a 'birdie' instead of a ball and with my experience (may just be because I suck at it) but the 'birdie' doesn't fly real well.

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Ohh, but you still use a raquet and net and stuff, right? And the birdie is like... well I can't explain it, but I think I know what it is now.

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM
With badminton, the racquet is smaller, and you hit a shuttlecock (http://as.sjsu.edu/ascr/intramurals/images/Shuttlecock.jpg). Snigger at the word if you must. Basically, the shuttlecock isn't allowed to hit the floor, it's quite aerodynamic and floats well. The net is a lot higher than tennis too. Other than that, most rules are pretty much the same as in tennis. Though, if I remember correctly, the scoring system is different.

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM
With badminton, the racquet is smaller, and you hit a shuttlecock (http://as.sjsu.edu/ascr/intramurals/images/Shuttlecock.jpg). Snigger at the word if you must. Basically, the shuttlecock isn't allowed to hit the floor, it's quite aerodynamic and floats well. The net is a lot higher than tennis too. Other than that, most rules are pretty much the same as in tennis. Though, if I remember correctly, the scoring system is different.

Yeah, I remember it now, we used to have it in our backyard, but we hated it. I remember I loved seeing how high I could whack it, and then the racquet went flying out of my hand and went in the pool. Good times. XD

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I remember it now, we used to have it in our backyard, but we hated it. I remember I loved seeing how high I could whack it, and then the racquet went flying out of my hand and went in the pool. Good times. XD
XD

I really enjoyed playing it, I wish I could take it up again somewhere. My brother mentioned about a year ago that he knew a place that had badminton courts that we could use, but it was a bit too far for us to travel.

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
XD

I really enjoyed playing it, I wish I could take it up again somewhere. My brother mentioned about a year ago that he knew a place that had badminton courts that we could use, but it was a bit too far for us to travel.

I didn't really like it, I prefer tennis, even though I don't play anymore. I only played once, I was decent, but being six years old and below five feet tall, it wasn't easy for me hitting it over the net. XD

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't really like it, I prefer tennis, even though I don't play anymore. I only played once, I was decent, but being six years old and below five feet tall, it wasn't easy for me hitting it over the net. XD

You know, the nets can usually be lowered for younger players. Either that, or you could've used a step ladder or wore stilts or something. XD

Tennis is okay, but the court is too big, and I've never played with anyone good enough to make me better, so the biggest rally ends up only being like four or five shots. And you spend more time fetching the ball back and serving again than you actually do rallying.

That, and my mom used to make us use completely plastic racquets, and it'd hurt like hell whenever the ball hits it at a decent speed. XD

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 04:18 PM
You know, the nets can usually be lowered for younger players. Either that, or you could've used a step ladder or wore stilts or something. XD

Tennis is okay, but the court is too big, and I've never played with anyone good enough to make me better, so the biggest rally ends up only being like four or five shots. And you spend more time fetching the ball back and serving again than you actually do rallying.

That, and my mom used to make us use completely plastic racquets, and it'd hurt like hell whenever the ball hits it at a decent speed. XD

I know, but... I didn't then. XD

I played some kick-a tennis back when I played. I was pretty good.

...Plastic? Wow. Sucked for you. We used some good ones, but I started out with a ghetto one. :]

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I know, but... I didn't then. XD

I played some kick-a tennis back when I played. I was pretty good.

...Plastic? Wow. Sucked for you. We used some good ones, but I started out with a ghetto one. :]
What's kick-a tennis? It sounds a little like a game we had called kick rounders, but I doubt it is.

Yeah, thick, bright orange and plastic. They were awful. But at least we could play in the dark. Ghetto tennis racquets? They have holes in or something?

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 04:24 PM
What's kick-a tennis? It sounds a little like a game we had called kick rounders, but I doubt it is.

Yeah, thick, bright orange and plastic. They were awful. But at least we could play in the dark. Ghetto tennis racquets? They have holes in or something?

It's basically like kick butt, but with the other word and abbriviated. XD

Yeah, and it was tiny. And have you ever tried covering the holes with tape and playing? You... don't really get the full effect. XD

Dawson
February 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM
It's basically like kick butt, but with the other word and abbriviated. XD

Yeah, and it was tiny. And have you ever tried covering the holes with tape and playing? You... don't really get the full effect. XD
Well, what's kick butt? I'm English so we have different games/names for games compared to America. XD

Wow, so when you said it was ghetto..you really weren't lying. XD

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Well, what's kick butt? I'm English so we have different games/names for games compared to America. XD

Wow, so when you said it was ghetto..you really weren't lying. XD

In other words, I was kicking some butt, or doing really good. XD

No, no, I did that for fun, but it did have some electrical tape at the grip. XD

Warheart
February 7th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'm in america, and I had never heard that expression either...

I don't really play sports, mainly because I suck at everything except Baseball, and Football...

I used to play for my highschool team as a starting defensive tackle, then realized what jerks everyone else on my team was, and quit about halfway through the season.

Y'know those like ingnorent "jock" kids? Yeah...

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I'm in america, and I had never heard that expression either...

I don't really play sports, mainly because I suck at everything except Baseball, and Football...

I used to play for my highschool team as a starting defensive tackle, then realized what jerks everyone else on my team was, and quit about halfway through the season.

Y'know those like ingnorent "jock" kids? Yeah...

Damn it, kick ASS. There, happy? Trying to cut down on swearing, geez. XD

Okay, you shouldn't have quit, because when those jock people start talking, you knock them on their butt. XD

Warheart
February 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Nah, it wasn't that, I just couldn't stand the attitude they kinda gave to alot of people I hung out with.

And the label I picked up while playing...and the fact that alot of the kids took the game Way too seriously

I could go on, but for the sake of time, I won't

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Oh, I know what you mean.

I got mad a lot during football season, but never... like, to where I was screaming all over. XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
speaking about football I was yelling also (especially when the Patriots lost to the colts) because I lost alot of money. I have a gambiling problem

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~