View Full Version : Climate Change - what can we do?

Joey the Cockroach
February 7th, 2007, 11:28 PM
are you doing anything to try and prevent climate change? me, im using less heating and if i need it, i use 26'c to keep me warm if it is cold. if i could find tree seeds, i would plant trees because i dont want the temperature to go up, dont want too many carbon emissions and it would mean less snow for me and i like snow.

February 7th, 2007, 11:39 PM
You can't stop climate change, but you can certainly do something more econo-friendly to offset it. Here's an easy one: turn off the lights in a room that's being unused. I know it sounds obvious, but I used to leave the lights on a lot. Save some energy.

Joey the Cockroach
February 7th, 2007, 11:46 PM
i dont leave my TV's on standby, becauseit wastes a lot more energy. i also recycle more.

February 7th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I've heard that 8 lbs of coal powers a single laptop. I guess you can also save a lot just by shutting down computers.

About a month ago, I was studying about global warming and watched An Inconvenient Truth . Never got to finish, but it was good. Dramatic and convincing.

February 8th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Today i have a snow day and i dont like snow. I used to leave my TV's on stand by all the time but now i turn them off. i allways turn off lights that aren't in need and anything else that isn't being used.