View Full Version : Cna yuo raed tihs?

February 11th, 2007, 1:41 PM
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

Isnt that cool? For those of you who can read it, post here to see what you think.

Reg teh Yoshi
February 11th, 2007, 1:48 PM

That bugs the living daylights out of me. That's pretty awesome right there.

Yami Rui
February 11th, 2007, 2:11 PM
You do realize that only fan-fiction and poetry is allowed in this forum, yeah you don't.

Now think about what you've done while I report this.

February 11th, 2007, 2:12 PM
i already knew this ^^ and i can read it ^^ (found it a couple years back)
oh sorry i need to report you :S
edit:me and rui posted at the same time...

February 11th, 2007, 2:13 PM
Really? Then I apoligize, and if a Moderator could move it to the appropriate forum, I would appreciate it.

February 11th, 2007, 2:48 PM
Well, as it has been said, this is not exactly the right forum, so I'll move it over to a better fitting place.

Rena Ryuugu
February 11th, 2007, 2:55 PM
It took me a while, but I could read it. I think I've seen this before, but never stopped to read it cause I thought it was gibberish. XD

I guess I'm in the other 45% that can't read it easily.

February 11th, 2007, 2:56 PM
Thank you Scizz for moving it.

Anyway, I read this right away, and it shows how you can read it. lol

February 11th, 2007, 3:00 PM
That's so cool. XD It was extremely easy for me to read... as if all of the letters weren't mixed up like that. And only 55% of people are able to read it properly? I showed it to my mom and she also did really well.

Dawg 2005
February 11th, 2007, 3:13 PM
Lol MySpace chain.

I can read it, and I find it odd that the brain can do that. Weird. XD

Shiny Umbreon
February 11th, 2007, 3:22 PM
It was vrey esay to raed. I had seen tihs bfoere and it's taotlly rhigt.

February 11th, 2007, 3:57 PM
Very easy to read, indeed.

February 11th, 2007, 4:01 PM
Ya, same. I've been shown it back in like, gr5 i think, then again last year in english, he got the one of the girls to read it, and it took her like, 10 minutes to start to read it, but when she got used to it, she read it pretty easily.

But back in gr5, i cleared that, it wasn't really that hard for me ^.^

February 11th, 2007, 4:16 PM
o3o I actually understood that without stopping. Maybe I guess it's because I'm used to so many typoes myself...XD

February 11th, 2007, 4:36 PM
I've seen this so many times, and I could always read it perfectly. I think it's pretty cool. XD

February 11th, 2007, 4:40 PM
I'm kind of getting déjà vu. I'm pretty sure I've read pretty much this exact same thread on this very board at some point in the past.

February 11th, 2007, 5:34 PM
I saw this a while ago on Myspace; it was kinda interesting at first, and I could barely read it then, but the words came to me after a while.

February 11th, 2007, 7:37 PM
I'm bginnenig to tnihk 55% is very low idened. I, anolg with many others, have ltilte-to-no dlftiuicfy rndaeig tnghis like this. A trick to making it harder to understand: Don't try to make it plnonaorcube. <---See? That's harder.

February 11th, 2007, 7:48 PM
This comes from a pretty old study--I remember reading it on my first forum. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it. We wouldn't be able to read at nearly the speed we do if we had to process each letter individually. That's also why we tend to skip over words we don't know, mispronounce them, or mistaken them for other words. Also why we make some types of typos. I always type sword in stead of swore, for some reason. o_o;

Chibi Pika
February 12th, 2007, 6:58 AM
Only 55% can? I thought everyone could. oO

Yeah, I've seen things like that before. It's fun to read it. ^^

February 12th, 2007, 9:46 AM
Well, it's what I call, copy&paste :P Anyway, I think it's a little more than 55%, perhaps 70 or something.

February 12th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I know we've had this more than once on here.
In any case, does this make me a n00b? Because I was able to read all that without any problems. XD

It's pretty funny how that works.

February 12th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yea it is funny isn't it? It's also funny that I haven't seen you around, hahas.. but I never come into Other Chat anyway. Perhaps I should, seeing as how I almost fell off my chair when I seen your signature, o.o

Anyways.. lets make our own "Cna Yuo Raed Tihs?" sentances from now on. =)

February 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Lol. This is older than walking forwards.

Even me, that my English level is really lower than yours, can read this...

February 12th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I read it faster than I read normal things... No prob at all...

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 12th, 2007, 1:08 PM
Yea it is funny isn't it? It's also funny that I haven't seen you around, hahas.. but I never come into Other Chat anyway. Perhaps I should, seeing as how I almost fell off my chair when I seen your signature, o.o

Anyways.. lets make our own "Cna Yuo Raed Tihs?" sentances from now on. =)

You are aware that "Cna Yuo" simply doesn't work with this formula?

February 12th, 2007, 1:13 PM
Yes, but I didn't actually write that, I just went with the flow. Also, 1-3 letter words wont work too well. So, try to balance it out.

Anyway, like I said, lte's mkae our own srcmalbed stneacnes.

February 12th, 2007, 1:23 PM
Mna, I thuohgt taht snetecne wsa ralely fnuny, I nveer tohguht hwo teh hmuan mnids wroekd lkie taht. yaeh ltes mkae mroe fo thsee scrmalbed snetecnes hree. Tihs si fnu!

February 12th, 2007, 1:32 PM
Wow I can actually read it! Well now that i know that only the first and last letters matter screw spelling! *throws away textbook*

February 12th, 2007, 2:41 PM
its not that hard to read. seriously if you can't you need to have your eyes checked.

February 12th, 2007, 3:12 PM
woo i could read it, its kinda freaky when ya think about it

February 13th, 2007, 12:55 AM
As this gets older and older, it seems to pop up again and again. x_x

Would the statistic increase if people's reading comprehension improved? I find it hard to believe that only 55% of people can read this ...

Ayano Katagiri
February 13th, 2007, 1:24 AM
I knew about this a couple of years ago. I can read it pretty easily. Of course there's different versions...

February 13th, 2007, 1:29 AM
I find it quite easy to read, not that it's the first time I've seen it...

But I think it's pretty cool, though.

February 13th, 2007, 6:04 AM
I'm kind of getting déjà vu. I'm pretty sure I've read pretty much this exact same thread on this very board at some point in the past.

yeah, I've seen this at schools as well and all over the net.

February 13th, 2007, 7:50 AM
I find out about this ability that human mind has some time ago in a commercial on tv. Like you here, they wrote a text where they explained the remarkable power our brains have. At first when I was reading it, I didn't even notice that the words were misspelled. XD

Latias Tamer V2
February 13th, 2007, 8:00 AM
I've seen this before. I've always been able to read this with no problems. It funny how the mind can do that...

February 21st, 2007, 5:06 AM
i read it pretty easily, i think ive seen this on brainiac

February 21st, 2007, 5:46 AM
I can read it easily.

It amazes me how only 55% can read it it seems so easy.

February 21st, 2007, 11:05 AM
No, I cna't raed it. Waht deos it say?

February 21st, 2007, 7:19 PM
I can read it very easily.

February 22nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
I've seen this many times before. It's kind of odd that the brain can still read it almost perfectly without the correct spellings. o.o

Goku Goku
February 23rd, 2007, 12:28 AM
Yhae, I cna rdea ti adn mkae otu wtah teh msiplte wrosd sya. Yeah, I can read it and make out what the mispelt words say. :)

Lil' Schu
February 24th, 2007, 9:38 PM
I heard of this a long time ago...I thought everybody could read it too. o.o; Meh.

Captain Arcane
February 25th, 2007, 2:33 AM
Yep, I can read it......So I'll put it in my signature.