PDA

View Full Version : Real Pochama + dragon

Sylphiel
February 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Not all in one picture, though. :p Two different pictures.

First is the Pochama...I suddenly had the desire to try drawing it "realistically" earlier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/nepryne/pochareal.jpg
Quick thing, yes. Penguin chicks are so adorable.

And then the dragon, since I didn't want to have just one picture in this post.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48778301/

A newer one of mine that a lot of people seem to like. :x

Live in Color
February 16th, 2007, 05:44 PM
*drools* That realistic Pocchama is amazing. How did you do that? How long did it take you? One word: WOW

The dragon too... did you go to College or University for art? You're amazing. I want to see more...

Gunn
February 17th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Both drawings are adorable. :) I really like the bird-like wings on the dragon.

I'm mostly drawn towards the coloring on the Cherry Dragon image. I see some texture on the dragon and cherry. Was that intended at first, or what it due because of the paper? It's very nice.

I like how you complimented the red with the surrounding green color. Definitely makes the subjects stand out more. ^^ Aaaand I just happen to notice that the little creature and the fruit are the same shade of red, which I think is neat. Maybe some environmental factor is taking place, such as camouflage. *takes a peek through gallery*

Sylphiel
February 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM
*drools* That realistic Pocchama is amazing. How did you do that? How long did it take you? One word: WOW

The dragon too... did you go to College or University for art? You're amazing. I want to see more...
I just opened up my sketchbook, got out my pencil, looked up penguin chicks for reference, and drew it. It probably took about...eh...half an hour to 45 minutes? O_o

Yeah, I do currently attend a university for an art degree, actually.

Thanks. :)

Both drawings are adorable. :) I really like the bird-like wings on the dragon.

I'm mostly drawn towards the coloring on the Cherry Dragon image. I see some texture on the dragon and cherry. Was that intended at first, or what it due because of the paper? It's very nice.

I like how you complimented the red with the surrounding green color. Definitely makes the subjects stand out more. ^^ Aaaand I just happen to notice that the little creature and the fruit are the same shade of red, which I think is neat. Maybe some environmental factor is taking place, such as camouflage. *takes a peek through gallery*
It's the texture of the paper itself. I used some sort of heavier paper that I'd originally bought for use in printmaking (and which I did use for that purpose, but not before I'd taken a bit to use for whatever).

Thanks. ^_^

earthlywater
March 15th, 2007, 01:36 AM
You are really good! I like the dragon a lot!

Forest Grovyle
March 15th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I didn't know you were doing an art degree, Cowrie! That's so cool :D Makes me wish I did art instead of English Lit XD

I LOVE the realistic Pochama, it reminds me of Happy Feet, and that's good, as the penguins in that do look pretty realistic after all!

The dragon is also cool - I am a big fan of small dragons and the idea of it clutching a cherry like that is adorable! Great work!

--FG

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 15th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I LOVE the realistic Pochama, it reminds me of Happy Feet

Yea me too, I love how you drew it. Its so amazing. For the dragon I liked how you drew it and also the coloring looks and goes very well on it

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

johnlycett
October 5th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I love them Cowrie, Well done

Forest Grovyle
October 7th, 2007, 02:20 AM
johnlycett, this thread was last posted in in March. Do not revive threads that are more than a month old. Read the rules before posting again.

*locks*

--FG