View Full Version : Groudon or Kyogre

February 23rd, 2007, 10:02 PM
Who do you like more?

I like Groudon more because he can control land.

Always and Never
February 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Groudon of course! Most people pick Mudkip because its weakness to only one typ so why have 2 water pokemon? Plus, my main Hoenn game is Ruby and Emerald so i'm glad you can get Groudon. I don't really care about Kyogre.

February 23rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
I love both, but I chose Ruby because of Groudon and its gothiness. Or as my friend opined: "Groudon: the eyeliner Pokemon".

So, yeah, that's my choice.

Captain Arcane
February 24th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Like the sea, its power is huge, and its size is massive.

February 24th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Kyogre! It's cool. And besides with Ice Beam, Surf, and some other special attacks it can kill almost anything. O_o;; Kyogre also has a cool color combination.

February 24th, 2007, 5:09 AM
Groudon, easily...

My precious Phil.

Red and black are the best color combination on the planet, and Groudon just... he's just's cool.

February 24th, 2007, 5:19 AM
Groudon, Because of his ability I always teach him Solar Beam... He's just better.

February 24th, 2007, 8:58 AM
Kyogre, because he's blue, and controls water. Did you know that we know more about space than we do about our own planets oceans? That's just plain awsome. Heck if i wasn't such a good guy i might have joined Team Aqua. O.o

February 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Most likely Kyogre. I bought Sapphire for it, mainly because I like water Pokemon better then fire (or ground in this case)

February 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Kyroge ;D It's a water pokemon for one thing and it just looks a lot cooler than Groudon. Plus, I like the fact that it rains in Saphire because of it, heat isn't as fun.

February 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I like groudon the most. I like the moves that it can learn like earthquake also looks better than kyogre.

February 24th, 2007, 7:39 PM
Kyogre, because along with my Blaziken, which I chose because I knew Kyogre would be available later in the game, they make a nightmarish duo to beat.

Lil' Schu
February 25th, 2007, 2:53 PM
Groudon. Kyogre's cool, don't get me wrong, but I had Groudon first. And plus, Groudon's look just says "get out of my way or I'll beat you up >D"

February 26th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Kyogre seems to calm and pretty, and Groudon urgley and ebil. But Groudon is a firey..so I'd only prefer it because of that.

Ayano Katagiri
February 26th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Kyogre. I started with Sapphire and found Kyogre very easy to use. And it learns Thunder! XDD

Always and Never
February 26th, 2007, 1:08 AM
How can this even be questioned? Groudon is amazing! I mean just look at him!

February 26th, 2007, 9:24 AM
I like them both the same, though I have only Ruby at home.

February 26th, 2007, 9:34 AM
Kyogre of course! He's my favourite Pokemon overall. Nyan-desu. :3

February 26th, 2007, 3:00 PM
Kyogre all the way. For some reason I just don't like Groudon and never have :\

February 27th, 2007, 1:31 PM
I would have to say Kyogre is the better of the two because it has a decent attack pool.

Legendary Squirtle
February 27th, 2007, 7:21 PM
I dont really use any of them now. But IU have to say Kyorgre for 2 reasons.

1. Sapphire is the game I got so I caught and used Kyogre in that game.

2. Well cause it has drizzle wich makes thunder a direct hit every time.

Offtopice: Why isn't Rayquaza a choice too, its basically the same (if not better) that Groundon and Kyorgre

Shiny Umbreon
February 27th, 2007, 8:07 PM
Each one has attacks of its type, some that resembles them (Fire, Ice) and one that benefits from the weather change (Solarbeam, Thunder). They both also have a OHKO move (Fissure, Sheer Cold), so they're almost the same for me. Maybe Kyogre, because they each can do a super-effective attack against the other, but Kyogre gets STAB.

March 1st, 2007, 5:15 PM
My username is based on him!
Just teach him Ice Beam, Thunder, and Surf, hav hime learn Water Spout on his own, and he is invicible! Especially if he is a Lv. 100 and a Shiny! (Like mine, and NO cheats, just luck)(BTW, I hate cheats, those are for people who are just doing the game to get through it)

March 1st, 2007, 5:17 PM

March 1st, 2007, 5:56 PM
I am for Groudon. He is red and fire like. I don't really like him because he is a wanabee fire pokemon but having the ability to use a one turn Solor Beam is just cool. Groudon is cool.

March 1st, 2007, 7:23 PM
I'm for Kyogre. It just looks awesome. I generally tend to have a prefrence for Water pokemon though. Its color combonation is cool, plus it could beat Groudon if they were to go face to face. Kyogre ftw.

March 1st, 2007, 7:30 PM
Kyogre is one of my favorite Pokemon. :3

Cool ability, cool design, etc. :D

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 3rd, 2007, 8:04 AM
I like Groudon better, he looks cool and he rules. He's the best legendary out of the RSE generation

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~