PDA

View Full Version : March Daily Chit-Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

*~Ashley~*
February 28th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Okay, so the person that originally claimed the March DCC hasn't been online in three weeks, so I'm going to assume that he forgot about claiming it and just make it myself.

Um, yeah. Make sure to follow the DCC rules (http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65124) and stuff.

Yay! Finally a DCC without a weird and fancy title! Just in time for my birth-month too! <3

Forever
February 28th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Yays for a new month. Full of excitement of waiting til' April.

The title is actually interesting without the extra things, yeah, good work on making the title. XD

Amachi
February 28th, 2007, 10:43 PM
heh, you finally got your wish, didn't you Ashley? XD

Yeah, I was wondering about who was gonna make this month's DCC too, since I haven't seen NekroBoi around as of late.

Gunn
February 28th, 2007, 11:22 PM
February has ended so soon. Then again, it only had twenty-eight days this year. :P

Ohoh! March is too my birth month. I can now share this month with someone(s).

Ayano Katagiri
February 28th, 2007, 11:27 PM
OMG.. its March already? Yay! This year seems to fly by.

Ohoh! March is too my birth month. I can now share this month with someone(s).
XD, March is my birthday month too!
I'm turning 15 in less than a week Woot~

Blennix
February 28th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I was thinking if February had 30 or 31 days

Ayano Katagiri
February 28th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I was thinking if February had 30 or 31 days

Wouldnt that be fun! Well.. actually no as we would have more school and less holidays.

It would be kinda weird suddenly changing from 28/29 days to 30 or 31. But no one would really take notice.

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 12:02 AM
Extra days in Feb would suck. It means longer to April. Leap year next year, yay..not.

Blennix
March 1st, 2007, 12:05 AM
:P My mum likes to do the Pinch and a Punch for the first of the month to me, but i hate it when people be smart and say "Hit and a kick of being so quick"

Ayano Katagiri
March 1st, 2007, 12:07 AM
Extra days in Feb would suck. It means longer to April. Leap year next year, yay..not.
It would mean longer to everything. Not just April!!

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 12:09 AM
:P My mum likes to do the Pinch and a Punch for the first of the month to me, but i hate it when people be smart and say "Hit and a kick of being so quick"

Oh yesh, I do that to Nan and Pop. But then they come back with that, too..

It would mean longer to everything. Not just April!!

Um..last time I checked April's the month that means to most to me. So of course I'd want it shorter. Everyone else could prefer the other ones.

Ayano Katagiri
March 1st, 2007, 12:11 AM
Um..last time I checked April's the month that means to most to me. So of course I'd want it shorter. Everyone else could prefer the other ones.

XD, I knew you would say that. April is your month~

Goku Goku
March 1st, 2007, 12:13 AM
Wow, so Feb's already over? o_0 Well, it's the first day of Autumn here in Aus, and yes it'll get colder. Heh, there's also been a bit of a thunderstorm in Canberra, and some rain, though this occurs during the evening, and all the rough part of the storm occurs overnight, as I sleep through it.

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 12:14 AM
But April also has jokes, which is equally as fun as the last few days of the month. XD

Goku - We've had coldness and rain toos.

Ayano Katagiri
March 1st, 2007, 12:14 AM
Heh, there's also been a bit of a thunderstorm in Canberra, and some rain, though this occurs during the evening, and all the rough part of the storm occurs overnight, as I sleep through it.

I read about that in today's paper. Was it bad??

Goku Goku
March 1st, 2007, 12:29 AM
I read about that in today's paper. Was it bad??

It wasn't so bad. Actually, the night before last night there was a major storm (which I slept through), which caused big pieces of hail to fall, and the more central part of Canberra some places were damaged by the hail, and the heavy rain caused some minor floodings, which lead to the closure of certain schools and the ANU (Australian National University) for the day, as they clean up the mess and fix any damages. Nothing too serious though, and I don't think there were any injuries. Well, my school wasn't affect, thus wasn't closed, but on my way the traffic was huge!! The aftermath of the storm really...

Ayano Katagiri
March 1st, 2007, 12:31 AM
It wasn't so bad. Actually, the night before last night there was a major storm (which I slept through), which caused big pieces of hail to fall, and the more central part of Canberra some places were damaged by the hail, and the heavy rain caused some minor floodings, which lead to the closure of certain schools and the ANU (Australian National University) for the day, as they clean up the mess and fix any damages. Nothing too serious though, and I don't think there were any injuries. Well, my school wasn't affect, thus wasn't closed, but on my way the traffic was huge!! The aftermath of the storm really...

XD, not so bad?? That makes it sound bad to me... but that's just me.

I hope nothing major like that ever happens here.

Goku Goku
March 1st, 2007, 12:41 AM
XD, not so bad?? That makes it sound bad to me... but that's just me.

I hope nothing major like that ever happens here.

LOL But NZ is like in between the tectonic plates, so you'd be pestered with earthquakes, right? Or is NZ a calm and stable place?

Ayano Katagiri
March 1st, 2007, 12:43 AM
LOL But NZ is like in between the tectonic plates, so you'd be pestered with earthquakes, right? Or is NZ a calm and stable place?

Yeah, its on the two tectonic plates but we havent had any major earthquakes here for at least a century I think. They reckon the next big one will hit sometime around 2040ish or something like that.

Blennix
March 1st, 2007, 12:47 AM
I'd love for the cold and rainy weather to come and kill the drought :) *coughi'malsoinaustraliaaswellocugh*

Dee Trier
March 1st, 2007, 12:57 AM
You guys are lucky having four seasons, In here just two seasons, either dry or rainy seasons.

Pikabloo
March 1st, 2007, 02:16 AM
Hehe, yeah. Here, there's only three 'seasons'. The hot season, which seems to last all year round. The rainy season, which also seems to last all year round. And the cool season, which doesn't seem to exist at all xD

Blennix
March 1st, 2007, 02:18 AM
speaking of seasons. Do you think that the seasons are changing? Because i remember last year we had a bad storm (rain) which caused flash flooding.

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 03:13 AM
Yeah, of course they are changing, it's getting hotter in Summer and cooler in Winter..The middle seasons are better, they don't change at all. Yay for no change *Is a hater of change*

Hayate
March 1st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Wee a new month is here ^^ Febraury was kinda...boring to me, it snowed one day and after that not anymore >.>

First day of March, sunny weather outside here and preparing for my final test *yay*

Pikabloo
March 1st, 2007, 03:28 AM
Well, good luck on your test xP

I have to go and revise for my two tests tomorrow... But I can't be bothered to do so ;-;

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 03:32 AM
We've already had a test. Since we are so lucky not to recieve much tests, we just get less homework. My school doesn't make sense but they care for the students <3

Hayate
March 1st, 2007, 03:35 AM
Lucky you, our teachers at school kinda hate us >_>

Here we receive school in 5 periods of each 6 weeks, and in the 6th week we get a test for every subject we've had the former 5 weeks >_>

And Shiranui do your best on your tests also ^^ StuDYING might be hard but once you started and get into it it goes kinda fast (I think..>_>)

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 03:41 AM
Aww, that would be hard. It'd be much easier if you had tests scattered throughout the year so you could relax.

Hayate
March 1st, 2007, 03:42 AM
I had it that way last 3 years...and it was much better imo. But as I stated before, my school is crappy >_>

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 03:45 AM
XD- I'm just happy my school wants us to just do our best, they even allow Ipods, Talking, pretty much anything in class.

Pikabloo
March 1st, 2007, 03:50 AM
And Shiranui do your best on your tests also ^^ StuDYING might be hard but once you started and get into it it goes kinda fast (I think..>_>)

xDD I like the hidden message.

I don't find it hard to study, I just find it hard to start studying. I can study without a problem, but only with very important, end-of-year exams. For end-of-topic tests, like the ones I'm going to have tomorrow, I find it insanely difficult to go to my room, open my books, and start studying.

Hayate
March 1st, 2007, 04:17 AM
Hidden message? Well I couldn't obviously see it since it was hidden >_>

Reminds me I got a Math test waiting...and I hate math T_T *goes studying*

Pikabloo
March 1st, 2007, 05:35 AM
I hate Math too! High five! xD

But I have to say that it is one of the subjects I excel in, so... O_o

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 05:57 AM
I'm in geometry and we're learning about circles, but it's a really easy unit. I don't like studying for math though -_- all you can really do is just practice and read theroms.

Shiranui, doesn't it suck whe your good at things you hate XD (science for me =D).

Pikabloo
March 1st, 2007, 06:14 AM
Yes, it does suck xD

I don't exactly know why I hate Maths, though...

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 06:16 AM
Eh, I just don't like it because there is a right and wrong answer >.> So yu can do a lot of hard work and get nothing out of it. I like English, you get to write and not everything has to be right or worng. You can analyze stories your own ways XD

Speaking of which, I just finished readin "Lord of the Flies" for that class.

Amachi
March 1st, 2007, 06:17 AM
The only time when I think Math's sucks is when it either just gets way too repetitive, or when we get assigned way too much work.

Unfortunately, they both happen quite often XD;;

Takara: That's why I dislike English, cause you can make up anything, but as long as you have a quote to back it up, then it's alright XD

I saw the movie for "Lord of the Flies".

Those kids are crazy @@~

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM
Amachi, indeed it does D=. Everything always carrys on over to the next lesson and we have homework, like almost every night. However, we were assigned none last night for once this year =D

It is true, we can use quotes to get away with anything (just about) XD We're watching the movie tomorrow, so i'll see if I like it at all XD

Amachi
March 1st, 2007, 06:22 AM
Gah!

We got like, triple the amount we usually do today, cause we don't have a lesson till next week @@~

That, and the class is way to far behind XD

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 06:25 AM
Oh no, triple is a bit much XD The most we had in one day was two homework assignments and then a review page..ew =P We're behind too because are class cannot concentrate whatsoever XD so our teacher is trying to find a new method of taming us (good luck to her with that) XD

so wait, do you have more days to make it up then?

Amachi
March 1st, 2007, 06:31 AM
Eh, we have all weekend + friday to do it so it ain't all that bad.

Umm, in terms of lessons ... no, we don't have more time. Just more work shoved into each lesson XD;

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 06:42 AM
Nah, the teacher could have made it all due the day after it was assigned and that would be blah D=. I don't like having a lot of homework because I try to get it done in the two consecutive study halls I have everyday. It's never fun sitting in silence for 90 minutes, especially if we're not freshman.

More work in each lesson usually means more notes and that sucks XD

Amachi
March 1st, 2007, 06:48 AM
heh, so you're forced to sit in silence? XD

We all just get shoved into the library, so at times it's very difficult to get any work done.

Fortunately though, if the study periods are at the beginning or end of the day, we don't have to be at school at that time ^^

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 06:53 AM
Yes ;; and now we have food and drinks banned from us during that time too =P I have the last lunch period so study hall was my snack time ;O; We used to be able to go to the library once we were signed out of study hall but now the teachers hate that so we're not allowed to anymore.

Lucky, even if it is at the end/beggining of the day if we do't go we get a saturday detention. My school is so strict. XD

Hayate
March 1st, 2007, 07:40 AM
Your school strict? You're probably allowed to do more things then I am >_> Don't drink, eat, talk, share MP3-players, walk, talk, breath and anything like that when studying in a open study center or classroom while teachers are eating themself but it's prohibited from us. At least, we don't have school uniforms...yet >_>

Erhm, anyways xD The reason why I hate Math is since I suck at it--I study enough, get extra lessons after school, all you can imagine but it just isn't enough. Probably something about a low brain capitcity or something >_>

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 07:51 AM
I hate when teachers eat in front of us .__. Especially around lunch time ><.

I know, I stayed after school yesterday to get help but it didn't do much. The teacher made me do practice problems for an hour and it was hard to do when I was confused =P

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 08:03 AM
My teacher was eating a donut while I was walking next to him. I asked him if I could have some, and he said I couldn't because he was sick. But I'm all "I don't care! I'm hungry! ;__;!"

But...I can eat whenever I want now, because it's Thursday, we got a foot of snow, and school was called for today and tomorrow...^__^

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evil...just evil XD My teacher was eating cake and she said I should move away from her food because I sounded terrible XD They should know better than to have food around us hungrey, sick people XD

We have school off today too =D it was hailing and thunderstorming. Lightning struck our powerline and now we have no power.

Hayate
March 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM
True true, teachers just like to bully us near-lunchtime while they're eating cake and whatever special food they have. Really, I can feel my stomach roaming when hey do so >.<

I've never had a day off in my entire life due to weather conditions....guess hard rain is still enough to let school continue xD

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 08:21 AM
I know, and it always in special food too, they can't just eat a cookie. Oh no, it has to be a peice of freakishly good smelling cake, brownies or whatever else their teacherness entitles them to =P My stomach always makes noises before lunch in studyhall. it's quite annoying actually XD

This is our second day ever. Last time we got over a foot of snow and the ice truck guy didn't come through our area, so it was nothing but ice. Yeah, hard rain would keep you in school ;; we'd be off too many times if we got off for that XD

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Our teachers always bring good food to the teachers' lounge...like, dessert pizza. The thing is, in band, we only have 5 people so sometimes we get permission to raid the lounge =P It rocks~

The only thing that sucks about snow is shoveling it. x_x

Drummershuff
March 1st, 2007, 08:58 AM
Yay! Finally a DCC without a weird and fancy title! Just in time for my birth-month too! <3
Haha, I wondered how long it was gonna be before you made your own DCC and did a really boring plain title. XD
Ya know, I don't think we've ever had enough snow here that's need shoveling. Occasionally the roads have, but still not a lot.

Sammi
March 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Our teachers always bring good food to the teachers' lounge...like, dessert pizza. The thing is, in band, we only have 5 people so sometimes we get permission to raid the lounge =P It rocks~

You're so lucky. XD The one time I had anything the teachers had was one time while I worked in the counciling(sp?) center. The secretary brought me this really yummy salad thing. It had grapes though, which was kind of odd. It was still good.

I've never had to shovel snow, even when it needed it outside. *hides*

Haha, I wondered how long it was gonna be before you made your own DCC and did a really boring plain title. XD

Ya know, I don't think we've ever had enough snow here that's need shoveling. Occasionally the roads have, but still not a lot.

I like it nice and plain. :3

It's been like that here this year. It's snowed twice and it melted really quick both times. There was nothing to shovel. -_-; At least I got to walk in the snow the second time. It was really pretty.

Instead of snow, we get tons and tons of rain. It's been raining really heavily, on and off, for the past few days. We even had a rainbow today. It's a shame; I love snow. We won't see any more. It's March.

...speaking of March, we've been over here in Germany for a year. Woah.

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 10:31 AM
That's a long time to be in Germany. But you're going to go to college soon, so you'll be gone.

Back from shoveling that foot of snow x__x Snow is very pretty~ <3

Sammi
March 1st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Yep. I'll be close to you. Too bad I can't drive -- I've always wanted to meet someone from PC. :D
I might learn how to while I'm there though. We'll see.

It is pretty! We used to live in a place where we got tons of snow every year. It was so nice to walk outside. It was always so quiet, peaceful, and pretty... I miss it.
Ever since we moved away from there, I haven't seen tons of snow in a winter. There were a few snowstorms in Kansas and one when we got here, but that was about it.

*~Ashley~*
March 1st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Discussing snow and saying it's a good thing in the DCC I created should be illegal. >O

Speaking of which, ours is almost all melted! <3

Oh, and I'm glad some people appreciate the awesomeness of a nice, plain DCC title. XD

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 10:52 AM
Discussing snow and saying it's a good thing in the DCC I created should be illegal. >O

Oh, and I'm glad some people appreciate the awesomeness of a nice, plain DCC title. XD
Rofl. Poor Ashley, we're tormenting you with all this snow talk, aren't we? XD

...your snow is almost gone? How much did you get? I wonder if you'll get that system that hit us...XD;

But I like pretty titles. ;__;

Yep. I'll be close to you. Too bad I can't drive -- I've always wanted to meet someone from PC. :D
I might learn how to while I'm there though. We'll see.

It is pretty! We used to live in a place where we got tons of snow every year. It was so nice to walk outside. It was always so quiet, peaceful, and pretty... I miss it.
Ever since we moved away from there, I haven't seen tons of snow in a winter. There were a few snowstorms in Kansas and one when we got here, but that was about it.
You'll be able to get a driver's license, I'm sure. If I can get one this summer, and I'm only 14/15, you should be able to get one. You're responsible, after all. ;P

I'll upload the pics to my LJ and you can look at them, and that'll be like, my snow to Germany. I'm uploading them to Facebook right now, and it's taking forever. I took so many pictures.

Sammi
March 1st, 2007, 11:03 AM

*hides*

I'll take the rest off of your hands. Even melted snow is welcome here. ;D

I think they're fine plain. They still get the point across. Besides, if it gets too fancy, it starts to get really annoying. Let's see...
You'll be able to get a driver's license, I'm sure. If I can get one this summer, and I'm only 14/15, you should be able to get one. You're responsible, after all. ;P

I'll upload the pics to my LJ and you can look at them, and that'll be like, my snow to Germany. I'm uploading them to Facebook right now, and it's taking forever. I took so many pictures.

Oh, I'm sure too. I just have to get off my lazy butt and get one. Oh, and I'd kind of like to have a car. But that's not a necessity, not really. At least I'll have a driver's license to use when I need it. XD

Okay, that'll work. 8D

Of course it's going to take forever, you have tons of pictures. That's expected, really. You can only upload so fast.
I wonder what speed I upload at. ._. /random

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 11:08 AM
Oh, I'm sure too. I just have to get off my lazy butt and get one. Oh, and I'd kind of like to have a car. But that's not a necessity, not really. At least I'll have a driver's license to use when I need it. XD

Okay, that'll work. 8D

Of course it's going to take forever, you have tons of pictures. That's expected, really. You can only upload so fast.
I wonder what speed I upload at. ._. /random
Eh, you'll almost need a driver's license if you want to go anywhere. And a car would help too.

They're almost done! 2mb out of 2mb uploaded, except it doesn't say -- hey! "Upload successful!" ^__^

*goes to upload to LJ*

Sammi
March 1st, 2007, 11:13 AM
Eh, you'll almost need a driver's license if you want to go anywhere. And a car would help too.

They're almost done! 2mb out of 2mb uploaded, except it doesn't say -- hey! "Upload successful!" ^__^

*goes to upload to LJ*

Not in Lincoln though; they have a bus system. That's one of the reason I like it. I won't *need* a car there.
Of course, if I leave town, then I will. That's the bad thing about living in the Midwest, I guess. Hardly any cities have bus systems of any kind, so you need a car. It's annoying for people like me who are afraid of driving. Well, was. I'm not so scared now.
I wish the old town we lived in had a bus system. But then again, maybe it was too little for one. I lived on a base smaller than it that had a free bus system. It ruled.

As for a car... that'll probably be a ways off. I'll need money first, since I won't be living with my parents, so I can't bum a car off of them. :/ My sister is so lucky. She basically has my mom's car for free right now.

Tell me when you've done it on LJ; I'll look then. I'm surprised I don't have my LJ open right now. I'm addicted to that thing.

*~Ashley~*
March 1st, 2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, you guys are tormenting me with this snow-talk. XD

Yay for Facebook though! That is a lot of snow. Well, it's more than I got. We only got a couple of inches. But the problem was that over top of the snow was a thick layer of ice, so it took forever to melt. But it's finally almost gone~! <3 Hopefully I won't be getting your snowstorm, Lexy. Looks like we're just going to get rain tomorrow~

Oh, and about driving, I was scared to drive at first too... but once you actually do it, it's not bad at all. I can't even imagine how I'd survive without my car. o.o

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yay for Facebook though! That is a lot of snow. Well, it's more than I got. We only got a couple of inches. But the problem was that over top of the snow was a thick layer of ice, so it took forever to melt. But it's finally almost gone~! <3 Hopefully I won't be getting your snowstorm, Lexy. Looks like we're just going to get rain tomorrow~
We have a lot of ice over our snow, so it's not going away as fast either =P Plus, it's been raining and storming over here too, so I couldn't sleep last night with the loud storm ;; I thought it wasn't supposed to storm during the winter XD

As for a car... that'll probably be a ways off. I'll need money first, since I won't be living with my parents, so I can't bum a car off of them. :/ My sister is so lucky. She basically has my mom's car for free right now.
I get my Mom's car for free, but she gets to buy a really new fancy car when I take it from her ;; Though I guess it's only fair since I won't be paying for it XD I get my liscense, I think sometime in December or January. They just raised the amount of time for us to get our liscenses.

Drummershuff
March 1st, 2007, 11:26 AM
As soon as I turn 17 I'm not sure that I'll be getting a car. I mean, this year I'm suppose to be getting a motorbike when I turn 16, so I don't think it's going to be very practical to get a car straight away seeing as I'll have some type of transport, which is all I'll need a car for anyway.

Sammi
March 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM
We have a lot of ice over our snow, so it's not going away as fast either =P Plus, it's been raining and storming over here too, so I couldn't sleep last night with the loud storm ;; I thought it wasn't supposed to storm during the winter XD

I get my Mom's car for free, but she gets to buy a really new fancy car when I take it from her ;; Though I guess it's only fair since I won't be paying for it XD I get my liscense, I think sometime in December or January. They just raised the amount of time for us to get our liscenses.

I don't think so. We once had a tornado during the winter. Tornadoes and winter do not mix. XD

You're so lucky. I know I'd never get any offer that good unless the car really was junk or something. If it was junk, I don't know if I'd want to drive it.

Why did they raise the time?

As soon as I turn 17 I'm not sure that I'll be getting a car. I mean, this year I'm suppose to be getting a motorbike when I turn 16, so I don't think it's going to be very practical to get a car straight away seeing as I'll have some type of transport, which is all I'll need a car for anyway.

That makes sense. Besides, I imagine a bike is cheaper to manage than a car. The only downside is space, but I imagine you won't need it.

You're getting a motorbike? Sounds scary yet fun. I know I couldn't use it; I can't even ride a bike. I'm not going to be on one with a motor if I don't know how to keep my balance. XD
Do you know how to ride it yet?

*~Ashley~*
March 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM
For me, having a car is pretty much a necessity. If I didn't have it, I'd be stuck on campus all the time. I wouldn't be able to go home for the weekends, I wouldn't be able to continue my dance classes, and I wouldn't be able to keep my job either. I'm so glad my school allows everyone to have a car on campus with no extra charge~

And now I have an appointment with the endodonist. Bye, all~

Loyal Arcanine
March 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
For me, having a car is pretty much a necessity. If I didn't have it, I'd be stuck on campus all the time. I wouldn't be able to go home for the weekends, I wouldn't be able to continue my dance classes, and I wouldn't be able to keep my job either. I'm so glad my school allows everyone to have a car on campus with no extra charge~

And now I have an appointment with the endodonist. Bye, all~
What about public transport? :o That's all I use, I really can't afford a car. Besides, you can only get your license at 18 over here, and I've only just started driving lessons.

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM
I don't think so. We once had a tornado during the winter. Tornadoes and winter do not mix. XD

You're so lucky. I know I'd never get any offer that good unless the car really was junk or something. If it was junk, I don't know if I'd want to drive it.

Why did they raise the time?
A tornado in the snow would be just terrifying XD We're under a severe weather watch right now, and a flood watch too (though I didn't think Illinois could be flooded..). So, I really hope we don't end up with a tornado ;;.

Well, the car has been having some difficulties lately and the heater broke, so hopefully my parents get it fixed before I take it. Yeah, driving a junky car would be no fun unless you really needed it.

I really don't know for certain, I'm not in Drivers Ed util August. All I know is that the time of driving hours went from 50 to I think 100 hours before you can officially get your liscense. Does anyone know how long you need yuor learners permit for though?

Sammi
March 1st, 2007, 11:42 AM
What about public transport? :o That's all I use, I really can't afford a car. Besides, you can only get your license at 18 over here, and I've only just started driving lessons.

Many cities in the US don't have public transportation. I don't know about her, but I know in all of the cities in the US I've lived in, there was no sort of public transportation at all. You had to use your own, and that usually meant having a car. :/
In the last town I lived in I couldn't get anywhere on foot. We were in the housing area, and nothing was in convenient walking distance. Maybe a bike would have worked, but I didn't know how to ride one. I needed a car. I couldn't drive then, and even when I was able to, I was too scared to learn.

This is a time I wish we could all teleport everywhere. That would solve a ton of problems, don't you think? *shot*

A tornado in the snow would be just terrifying XD We're under a severe weather watch right now, and a flood watch too (though I didn't think Illinois could be flooded..). So, I really hope we don't end up with a tornado ;;.

Well, the car has been having some difficulties lately and the heater broke, so hopefully my parents get it fixed before I take it. Yeah, driving a junky car would be no fun unless you really needed it.

I really don't know for certain, I'm not in Drivers Ed util August. All I know is that the time of driving hours went from 50 to I think 100 hours before you can officially get your liscense. Does anyone know how long you need yuor learners permit for though?

Well, it wasn't snowy, it was just really rainy, and I think there was some hail. I mean, I think it's impossible for it to be really cold and there to be a tornado.
The tornado got really close to us though. There were houses nearby that had to be repaired.

Ah... I hope so too; doing repairs can be expensive, I imagine.

I haven't a clue, sadly. D; I don't think my sister had any sort of hour requirement in Kansas though. But then again, she was an adult by the time she started learning to drive.

Blennix
March 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
I'm already learning to drive. They allow you to learn when you are 16 in Australia

jammi567
March 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
Lucky. Although i'm of age to learn, i can't because i can't afford to. I haven't had a job sine January last year, and so funds are running low for me.

MegaFuz
March 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM
I'm already learning to drive. They allow you to learn when you are 16 in Australia

You can begin learning at 16 in the US as well. I've been driving for a while now. XD

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 12:42 PM
Well, it wasn't snowy, it was just really rainy, and I think there was some hail. I mean, I think it's impossible for it to be really cold and there to be a tornado.
The tornado got really close to us though. There were houses nearby that had to be repaired.

Ah... I hope so too; doing repairs can be expensive, I imagine.

I haven't a clue, sadly. D; I don't think my sister had any sort of hour requirement in Kansas though. But then again, she was an adult by the time she started learning to drive.
Ooh, well luckily you didn't get hit then and hopefully those houses got fixed ;;. True, I doubt there will be a tornado, but it just started thundering and hailing again by me =X

Aw, your sister is lucky. I'm sure I'll hear about why they changed it once I'm actually in the class and all XD

I'm old enough to have my permit, but my birthday made me unable to take drivers ed this year and I can't take it over the summer because I can't get a ride to school ;;.

*~Ashley~*
March 1st, 2007, 12:52 PM

Yup, it's exactly what Sammi said... public transportation in many parts of the US is non-existent. Besides, the places I need to get to aren't in the same town as my school, so even the buses my school provides for students wouldn't help me at all. So I'm glad I have a car of my own~

Drummershuff
March 1st, 2007, 01:11 PM
That makes sense. Besides, I imagine a bike is cheaper to manage than a car. The only downside is space, but I imagine you won't need it.

You're getting a motorbike? Sounds scary yet fun. I know I couldn't use it; I can't even ride a bike. I'm not going to be on one with a motor if I don't know how to keep my balance. XD
Do you know how to ride it yet?
Yeah, well when I go to do my A levels you're allowed to take a motorbike to school, but not a car or anything. So at least I'd be able to make my own way there rather than catching the bus or getting a lift.

I do eventually want to get a car, though. And motorbikes are fun. My uncle's got a couple and I've had a go on them and stuff at my grandmothers, and I enjoyed it -- the only thing is I'll get wet if it's raining and I wouldn't have much, if any room to carry much stuff around with me.

Blennix
March 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM
Honestly that would be kool seeing ppl parking their cars in the school grounds. Which doesn't happen here often at my school. Only a few ppl who have their Probationary licenses

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Only the juniors and seniors can park in the parking lots at my school. You're supposed to register/pay for a perking pass the year before, so a lot of my classmates will be getting theirs soon.

Though some of my sophmore friends don't care and drive to school anyway. I heard that a freshman also got in trouble for doing that.

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 02:32 PM
*Tries to understand topic*

My school doesn't allow students parking cars, only teachers, though most of the year 12's drive their parents to school. So if the parents can't drive, they are stuffed.

Kura
March 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah, well when I go to do my A levels you're allowed to take a motorbike to school, but not a car or anything. So at least I'd be able to make my own way there rather than catching the bus or getting a lift.

I do eventually want to get a car, though. And motorbikes are fun. My uncle's got a couple and I've had a go on them and stuff at my grandmothers, and I enjoyed it -- the only thing is I'll get wet if it's raining and I wouldn't have much, if any room to carry much stuff around with me.

Cars are allowed at our school~ But I actually think that motorbikes aren't.. o_o Neh~

@@ I want to get a car, too~ I have my permit and everything so I can drive by myself~ @@ My dad said that he'll give me the Honda Civic for University when/ if we get another car~ :33

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 04:19 PM
Only your juniors/seniors can have licenses? o__o In my state, you can get a driver's permit at age 13 at the youngest. Most people get them at 14 though. [A driver's permit is where you can drive with an adult, fyi~] So that means our school parking lot is pretty full of students' cars.

I'm going to get my driver's permit this summer, when I'm 15. My parents wouldn't let me get last year; they thought I was too young. :x

Kyoko
March 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
At thirteen, seriously? I wanna move to your state now ;O; I could see why most people would want them at fourteen. I don't think most parents/adults want to get in a car with a thirteen year-old XD

Lucky, I don't get my permit until I'm already sixteen (I turn sixteen this summer too) XD.

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah...13. It's a bit young, but there's nothing you can really hit out here~ XP

*off to eat soup*

Absolitude
March 1st, 2007, 05:04 PM
Well i don't have snow, or can get a drivers license where i live. I fell so left out. But my father once let me drive his car in an empty lot when i was 8. O.o I wonder why i can' get my license now? You guys are lucky. But, i don't get a huge test like every five minutes in school so i guess that would make equally as lucky. What do you guys think of subs? I hate them. They don't know anything about the subject they're teaching, and they always just give you busy work with no sentimental value. I never do work that has no sentimental value so i guess that i'm lucky again. =)

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Substitutes? I like them. Some of my teachers are evil, and the subs are awesome. They don't give us any work, we just talk about stuff. ^_^

Zorua
March 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Substitutes? I like them. Some of my teachers are evil, and the subs are awesome. They don't give us any work, we just talk about stuff. ^_^

I have few to say about this.

Subs..they suck. The teachers I have are already awesome and I hardly get work. D;

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM
I have few to say about this.

Subs..they suck. The teachers I have are already awesome and I hardly get work. D;
All our subs are previous students or parents. We don't get "qualified" subs, we get whoever's available. And they have no idea what they're doing.

Zorua
March 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM
All our subs are previous students or parents. We don't get "qualified" subs, we get whoever's available. And they have no idea what they're doing.

Some of the subs I have just pretend to know what they're doing.

Which raises the question..what if parents were selected as subs? Now THAT would be scary. XD

Absolitude
March 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM
Oh really...maybe i should move to where you live and become a sub to earn cash. For me i hate it when subs are used because they are almost always used in stuff like math, and drama so when they come they can't teach you squat about the square root of pie multiplied by the radius of an isosolese triangle, or what acting technique is better. It's better if they used to be a teacher but still. I hate 'em. "Gotta hate 'em all!" "Substitutes!"*

*mutilated Pokemon theme song

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
Twilight Sky: Well, our parents are cool XP There's only 40ish people in our high school, so everybody knows everbody and everyone else, too.

Absolitude: Heh, yeah, but you don't know where I live XD There's a sub we have now; she's going to be here for 4-6 weeks, because one of our teachers had to have emergency surgery.

Zorua
March 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
Oh really...maybe i should move to where you live and become a sub to earn cash. For me i hate it when subs are used because they are almost always used in stuff like math, and drama so when they come they can't teach you squat about the square root of pie multiplied by the radius of an isosolese triangle, or what acting technique is better. It's better if they used to be a teacher but still. I hate 'em. "Gotta hate 'em all!" "Substitutes!"*

*mutilated Pokemon theme song

Back then, substitutes used to rock because the pain in the neck teacher is absent.

Then we all know the sub becomes boring.

But there ARE some subs that I like and are fun. We don't get those kind of people very often. XD

Lil' Schu: Having my dad for a sub is pwnsome. My mom..otherwise. XD

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 06:16 PM
My parents can't sub; they're always at work. That's good for me. XD

...you stupid laptop. Why won't you recognize that the charger's plugged in?! *headdesk*

Kura
March 1st, 2007, 06:38 PM
My parents can't sub; they're always at work. That's good for me. XD

...you stupid laptop. Why won't you recognize that the charger's plugged in?! *headdesk*

o_o Gaahh! I hate my laptop, too! ;_; It's an old one and has Windows 98~ @@; The internet always disconnects, and when I open more than 5 windows, most of the time it freezes because it can't handle that much. ._. It can't play any videos and it can't recognize most fonts (like Japanese text and those little hearts that people usually make on livejournal.) The battery power is horrible and sometimes when I type the text skips and you end up messing up a sentence..

X3 So.. in a way I feel your pain!!~

Absolitude
March 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Well i think I'll be getting a laptop pretty soon but it'll be new and top of the line, so I'm sorry for the both of you but. *Notices Kura's post* OH MY GOD! WINDOWS 98! Wow you really need a new laptop. Back on topic, my school has a set amount of subs so you'll always see the same ones. It gets boring to see them, and by no time they'll be just like the regular teachers.

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 06:45 PM
But your laptop's old, and mine's only a year old...not even, I got it August 2006. ;__; Ploo.

Your laptop sounds like our old desktop...it had XP, but it was like 10 years old x_x And it couldn't handle WLM and Firefox at the same time, so I could never be online and browse the net on FF, it only worked on IE. It corrupted my files so many times...@__@ I'm so happy it's gone.

Kura
March 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
Well i think I'll be getting a laptop pretty soon but it'll be new and top of the line, so I'm sorry for the both of you but. *Notices Kura's post* OH MY GOD! WINDOWS 98! Wow you really need a new laptop. Back on topic, my school has a set amount of subs so you'll always see the same ones.

X3 Haha! How kind of you, Absolitude.
Yes, yes. I know I need a new laptop~ This thing is about 8 years old or so~ (It used to have Windows 95 before, too!) Aahh~ @@ But my brother just got a new computer so I doubt my dad's gonna be spending any more big-money soon~ ._.;
Besides, I first have to figure out what sort of OS I'm going to need for University before I decide to get one~

Absolitude
March 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM
For the sake of helpfulness i can help you choose you laptop but not here because i'm sure some mod is gonna see this and i'll get in trouble >.< but i'm going to bed now so pm me now if you like but I'll only be on for like 10 more mins in the name Pokemon, and loneliness.

Kura
March 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
For the sake of helpfulness i can help you choose you laptop but not here because i'm sure some mod is gonna see this and i'll get in trouble >.< but i'm going to bed now so pm me now if you like but I'll only be on for like 10 more mins in the name Pokemon, and loneliness.

Um.. ._.~ I can't ask you to help me choose because I'm not going to get one soon, anyways. The school will probably make me get one with both a Mac and Windows OS on the same laptop, and it'll have to have Maya, Flash, and a whole bunch of other Animating programs. Plus, I don't even know if I'll be accepted.. so it wouldn't matter..

Unless you want me to PM you just to PM anyways~

Absolitude
March 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Go ahead, and pm me I'm logging off after this post so don't expect a rely till about 4:10 tomorrow. Since were talking about computers and stuff what school are you going to that needs both portions of Mac, and Windows? Somewhere like Full sail where they teach you animation, and stuff?

Kura
March 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM
Go ahead, and pm me I'm logging off after this post so don't expect a rely till about 4:10 tomorrow. Since were talking about computers and stuff what school are you going to that needs both portions of Mac, and Windows? Somewhere like Full sail where they teach you animation, and stuff?

No. I said that I'm not going to buy one anytime soon (the next year or so) and therefore I don't need any advice for it.

And no. Maya is a 3-d animation program that pros use to make movies. The program is about 2Gigs.. I'm dealing with stuff like that. But it doesn't matter.

Blennix
March 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
13!!!! that is seriously to young to be driving!
I want to get a Apple coz they are so stylish ^_^

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM
13!!!! that is seriously to young to be driving!
Where I live, kids drive around the farm at 8. That's just what you do. Kids help out where ever they can, and if it means driving, it means driving. I'm not saying that's safe, but that's the way life is around here. I started driving the tractor at age 9. [I'm not talking a small tractor...thing's like 10 feet and the back wheels are taller then me.] One of my parents was always there to watch me.

I don't see what's so different about driving a car at age 13 with a parent and/or a legal adult driver with you.

Blennix
March 1st, 2007, 09:38 PM
<_< I'd love to drive tractors

Lil' Schu
March 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
<_< I'd love to drive tractors
Yeah, but you have to do the work that comes with driving a tractor. Moving snow, moving trees, hauling out stuck cars...it's not all fun and games.

Of course, I've never had to haul out a stuck car, but still. XD;

Ayano Katagiri
March 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, but you have to do the work that comes with driving a tractor. Moving snow, moving trees, hauling out stuck cars...it's not all fun and games.

Of course, I've never had to haul out a stuck car, but still. XD;

Driving a tractor around randomly without doing work would be fun.

Forever
March 1st, 2007, 11:51 PM
My half bros have to drive tractors. They live on a farm. Hah to them who have to work hard, and me who sits on my butt all day literally.

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
ROFL Amen to that Nica.
I'd honestly hate to live on a farm, wake up at 4 by the roosters and it would be so demanding.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
Yup.

Oh roosters..I used to have two..But then they aren't allowed in the metro area, so we lost em'. And besides the fact they couldn't tell the time.

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM
I live on a corner lot and a cross the road. The house owner had roosters

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 12:26 AM
Is that like allowed to have them in your area?

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 01:15 AM
:P I live on a Street, which is a built up area, so no.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 02:27 AM
XD- Well..I miss our roosters, though they had leg problems, couldn't tell the time and acted like females.

Pikabloo
March 2nd, 2007, 02:43 AM
xD

We used to have dozens of pigeons in my old house in the Philippines. One time, one of them escaped, and flew against one of the windows in the house. So there was this loud 'bump' and I was like, "What in the world was that?"

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 03:28 AM
XD- Did the birdie get injured? XD

Reminds me of the time I accidently killed my quail..

Pikabloo
March 2nd, 2007, 03:34 AM
Luckily, no. We put it back in the cage O_o

How did you accidentally kill your quail... Wait, you had a quail?

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 03:45 AM
Oh good.

Well...it happened because I was chasing after my budgie, and then the quail got in my way and splat..I thought it was sponge ;;
But yeah, I had lots of quails, they breeded, and a budgie even helped hatch an egg~!

Pikabloo
March 2nd, 2007, 03:57 AM
Aww... Poor quail.

Oh. Cool ^^ Birds are cool. Not the smartest creatures, but they're cool anyway.

Once, there was this pigeon stuck in our kitchen, and it was trying to fly through a closed window. How it got in there in the first place, I don't know... O_o

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 03:59 AM
Birdies are the smartest imo <3
Mine tries to talk and then does a half-assed whistle. x3

XD- Yeah, it's funny how birds can't see closed windows.
Yet it's so visible to us.

Pikabloo
March 2nd, 2007, 04:07 AM
Really? Why don't I get to meet smart birds O_o

Oh yeah! I remember! My uncle has this bird, I forgot what species, but it can speak. It sings 'Happy Birthday' and says 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' and stuff. And it can mimic sounds, like a cellphone ringing and a bicycle braking. My brother taught it to say, 'You're ugly!' in Filipino xD

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 04:17 AM
Um, just unlucky. XD

Omg, that sounds so cool, one of my birds can say "Pretty boy" and then continues on the 'oy' part until it's voice fades out, we think it's a girl, but it thinks otherwise. Well that's my big green one, dunno whether I recorded it trying to talk though.

Pikabloo
March 2nd, 2007, 07:31 AM
Oh. That's pretty cool ^^ I tried to record my uncle's bird saying 'You're ugly', but it sounded horrible on my phone O_o

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
I don't have any pet birds. We just have wild ones that are all over the place and get eaten by my cats.

Kura
March 2nd, 2007, 08:23 AM
I don't have any pet birds, either~ @@ I do have a dog, cat, and lizard, though~

X3 Talking birds remind me of that movie Paulie. *giggles*~

jammi567
March 2nd, 2007, 08:41 AM
I don'y have any pets any more.

Dawson
March 2nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can not stand all of those "fancy" DCC titles, they annoy the hell out of me.

My cousin has a parrot and, obviously, they've taught him to curse strangers and stuff. But they also taught him to say "I love you" to people he recognises. I thought that was pretty cool.

We're supposed to be looking after it for a week soon. But knowing my family, it'll escape the cage and fly away or something.

*~Ashley~*
March 2nd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can not stand all of those "fancy" DCC titles, they annoy the hell out of me.

My cousin has a parrot and, obviously, they've taught him to curse strangers and stuff. But they also taught him to say "I love you" to people he recognises. I thought that was pretty cool.

We're supposed to be looking after it for a week soon. But knowing my family, it'll escape the cage and fly away or something.

No problem. XD I hated them as well. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one annoyed by them.

My sister has two parakeets in her room. She named one of them Ash, and she often yells at it to shut up. Whenever she does that, I always think she's yelling at me instead. XD; I think her birds only escaped from the cage once. It happened while I was at school last year. I guess when my dad went to clean the cage, he left the door unlatched or something and the birds got out. My grandmother hates animals, so when she saw the bird flying around the living room, she got a little freaked out. Luckily my dad was awake at the time, so he was able to retrieve the birds and put them back in the cage. ><;

Hayate
March 2nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
I don't have any pets like probably everyone else does...my parents had a cat once before I was born but then did her away since caring for her wasn't something they had much time for ><; If I had a pet it would probably a cat..or a penguin <3

Warheart
March 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
I have 3 pet cats who are each named after a role in the bible; Jesus, Moses, and Allah xD

They actually respond.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
I have 3 pets: two cats and a dog. My cats are Chi-chi and Callie, and my pet is Spotty <3~ I love them all.

Here's (http://photos-083.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v66/186/13/1500270083/n1500270083_10647_9860.jpg) my cats (Callie's in the background, with more brown/tan], and here's (http://photos-364.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v66/186/13/1500270083/n1500270083_11364_3098.jpg) my dog~ <333 *squee*

Zorua
March 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
I used to have 8 cats. Now I have 4 or 5. Car accidents. :<

My dog is..meh. Nothing he can do to get rid of the cats. :<

Absolitude
March 2nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
I used to have a dog but he died because my mom left him at the house in Jamaica with the new guys, and they didn't feed him right. =( If only i had left him with my grandma, it would have lived to see a couple more years. I liked my dog a lot. But now i love cats. =) Hopefully soon i can get a cat when my sis moves out because my nephew might be allergic, or pull on his tail.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
I used to have more than 2 cats, but one got run over, and the other one ran away. [He was a tomcat...he was weird. XD;] So yeah, now I have my two calicoes and I love them~

My dog...he just likes romping around in the snow. :3

Zorua
March 2nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
I used to have more than 2 cats, but one got run over, and the other one ran away. [He was a tomcat...he was weird. XD;] So yeah, now I have my two calicoes and I love them~

My dog...he just likes romping around in the snow. :3

Well I used to have like 8 cats now I have exactly 4. Another one of "my" cats got ran over. I'm not evil; I just didn't care that much(since he wasn't really my cat), but my mom was shocked. That can never ran outside except when playing with my sister's cat. And my sister's cat was just staring...........

Astinus
March 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Kitties! =^.^=

I have two cats. One is white and the other is black. They're both 10 years old and born about two weeks apart. It's just odd like that. And they are odd cats as well. They eat dog food. =x

I also have two dogs, a Jack Russell Terrier and an American Eskimo. Though the Eskie is going to be put to sleep very soon. He's almost 15 years old and has some problems. ;.; The Jack is, of course, crazy.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
My dog loves to eat cat food...when I'm feeding my cats she'll do a little dance and give m these huge eyes XD

Kyoko
March 2nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
My dog really never ate when I wanted her too, she liked canned food rather than dry food XD She died almost two years ago and my parents really don't want to get anymore pets. So I'm trying to convince them to by a pomeranian poodle..or what ever those little dogs are called. They're so cute and fluffy<3

I love cats but my parents hate them, so that's out of the question ;-;

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 03:13 PM
My dog eats dove poop. x3

It has some weird customs. XD

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
WOW! 8 Cats, I asked my mum yesterday, What if we had 3 Dogs? we have 2 atm. We used to have a 10 year old Goldfish (No joke) and our budge died last year

My other dog she is a female and she eats her vomit XP Yuck

Kyoko
March 2nd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Dogs tend to eat pretty interesting things XD I don't think they really care as long as it's food and it fills them up. My dog really never did that, she only ate grass, which really isn't too weird.

Nica, it ate Dove poop XD That's the weirdest one I've heard so far.

Kura
March 2nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
WOW! 8 Cats, I asked my mum yesterday, What if we had 3 Dogs? we have 2 atm. We used to have a 10 year old Goldfish (No joke) and our budge died last year

My other dog she is a female and she eats her vomit XP Yuck

Ick! ><; That's pretty yucky!! o_o Both my cat and dog are girls, and my lizard is a boy X3;~ <3
@@ You have a lot of pets, Blennix~~

Goku Goku
March 2nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Goldfish was so boring as pets, though it does create a neat atmosphere in the room. :\ I use to have budigies, chickens, mice, guines pigs, but currently so pets, since they've all died out. :( I'm not willing to have pets really, though my bro wants a dog. Well, they do keep company, and bring some joy, so that's good enough. Perhaps one day...a cat would be cool! :D

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Takara: Yup..My birds ate dove poor too. I think theres a conspiracy between those pets and wild ones. XD

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
My dog eats corn from the stalk [we grow it] and bark. She's weird. xD And she hunts rabbits, but when she gets one, she has to let it sit for like a week before she'll eat it. o_o; Weird.

Zorua
March 2nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
My dog eats corn from the stalk [we grow it] and bark. She's weird. xD And she hunts rabbits, but when she gets one, she has to let it sit for like a week before she'll eat it. o_o; Weird.

My dog will eat anything. Which is scary...me and my mom try our best to stop the habit and just give him dog food.

My other dog, who lived to be 100, just died of age. He ate no dog food. Nothing except just human food.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
100 in people years? Wow, that's old. One human year equals 7 dog years, right? Then my dog's 63. We should respect our elders xP

I need chapstick x_x

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Well. I got my dog when I started prep so that would be when i was 5 and he was 1 and a half, and now i'm almost 17 so that means his 84 O_O

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
This year I'll be older than my dog, he turned two so when I turn fifteen I shall be finally older than mine by a doggy year.

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
This year I'll be older than my dog, he turned two so when I turn fifteen I shall be finally older than mine by a doggy year.

Hang on.... how does that work?? XDD

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Well..Um- Cuba is 14 now because he's 2 in our years. Get that? Okay, and I will be 15 this year, so then I shall be older than him for the last time. Because next year he'll be 20 and he'll beat me by five. So yeah. XD

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Well..Um- Cuba is 14 now because he's 2 in our years. Get that? Okay, and I will be 15 this year, so then I shall be older than him for the last time. Because next year he'll be 20 and he'll beat me by five. So yeah. XD

XD, gotcha Nica.

Popular belief is that 1 dog year is equivalent to 7 human years even though some sources claim its 10-15years instead...

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Ah good.
Popular eh? I thought even unpopular people like me believed in that fact too?
10-15 is a lie, A lie I tell you. My dog told me so.

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Popular eh? I thought even unpopular people like me believed in that fact too?
10-15 is a lie, A lie I tell you. My dog told me so.

XD, that's just what it said on Google.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 06:55 PM
I don't trust google..It may not be correct. Books are a better way to obtain knowledge.

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
Aww... Google's not too bad. Its probably the best search engine.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Books are better. They were knowledge passed down through people for generations, the internet isn't always correct.

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
Not always. Books can have been written to have more bias. But then again, so can the internet.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Wow, Nica, you're talented. You speak dog.

I speak dolphin. ;D

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Yup, it's a tough job but someones gotta understand those poor helpless dogs.

My dog can speak dolphin too.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 07:23 PM
I could speak dolphin since I was born ^_~

Poor dogs. I translated for mine the other day. He was sitting on the steps in the snow and he was saying "let me in you psychos. DX"

Kura
March 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Books are better. They were knowledge passed down through people for generations, the internet isn't always correct.

I would have to agree. I think that books -are- much better for obtaining information because since it's published, the information must be accurate for that time.
Encyclopedias are VERY useful!~

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Lil' Schu: Let us hear a sample then. x3

Hah, We never are so ebil to leave my dog outside, He's a laundry pet. :3

Kura: Yups, but Alex just couldn't accept books are more factual.

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 07:38 PM
Kura: Yups, but Alex just couldn't accept books are more factual.

What? I didnt say that they arent more factual.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Well..something along those lines. It was more than two minutes ago. I can't remember properly.

Kura
March 2nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
What? I didnt say that they arent more factual.

._. Factual? @@ I think that they both have a lot of facts.. ._. but books are generally more accurate because there's always the chance that you'll find a fansite or something that has their information wrong.

Also.. if it's translations from a different language book, then the translations can be off~

X3 I love reading books, though~ I'm recently obsessed with Oscar Wilde's works~
o_o and surprisingly.. also quite interested in Garfield comics, at the moment~

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM
._. Factual? @@ I think that they both have a lot of facts.. ._. but books are generally more accurate because there's always the chance that you'll find a fansite or something that has their information wrong.

Well, books sometimes have misprints.

XD, one of our class textbooks was like completely wrong because it was missing pages and general answers were incorrect.

But I agree with you, books are more reliable.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Kura: Garfield..Now that was something I didn't really take an interest in unless it was in the paper. I don't read much anymore for some reason, my life is just too distracting to sit down and read.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
I read quite a bit. I was re-reading my ASOUE books today because I have to be in the house all day x__x So I was quite bored XD

Nica: I can't let you hear my dolphinese because I lost my mic. xD;

Persona
March 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
I'm not much interested in reading books, and it's not a hobby of mine that I would include. In fact, the only books that I ever normally read is manga.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Aww- And here I was hoping to hear a human speak dolphin..And now I have to suffer not knowing how it sounds. XD

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint you Nica. Maybe later. Besides, I'm a bit rusty, and my voice has changed...a lot...since I was 8 or 9. XD

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'd drown out my disappointment with coke. That'll ease the pain of it all. XD

XD- My voice had changed too since I was little..or did I just make it change? Either way..it's changed.

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
I can speak Budge, I picked it up when we had a budge. I can also speak whale *Mimics Dory from Finding Nemo*

I'm fluent in Java Script as well as Klingon - Weird Al' Yankovic: White & Nerdy

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
XD- Um..It's spelt Budgie..not budge. XDD

But yeah, I know my budgies language well enough I can nearly quote it.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
What's a budgie? o_O; I'm assuming it's a type of animal.

*cold*

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
What's a budgie? o_O; I'm assuming it's a type of animal.

*cold*

A budgie is a type ofbird~

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
Yup, Just as Alex said. Plus they have adorable faces. Look up xFlutterbaizx on Youtube and you can see my vids of them.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
A budgie is a type ofbird~
Ah. I see. Is it like a parrot?

...I never could get birds, or fish. My cats would eat them. ._.;

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Same, except the other way round, I couldn't have the cat, yet I had the birds.

& Budgies are in the Parakeet family. x3

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
Birds would annoy me so bad. I just know that the bird I had wouldn't shut up, even if every other bird in the world did.

Ah~ So they're parakeets. Gotcha. x3

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 08:52 PM
XD- My Weiro is so talkative. He never shuts up. x3
But he's just so god damn cute that I don't care about him being noisy. ;3

Yups. I just wuv birds.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Well, my dog can be annoying like that sometimes; she won't stop barking and she'll wake me up from the nice sleep I was having. It's quite irritating. But I love her anyways. :33

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Aww, Mine isn't loud enough to awake me. Tiny dog = Tiny voice. XD

I wish I had a female dog..male dogs are grouse. 3;

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Tiny dog = Tiny voice. XD

XD, not all small dogs have tiny voices. There was my Aunt's dog who kept barking non-stop and really loud whenever we visited.

Astinus
March 2nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
I had two goldfish and a catfish who lived to be 20 years old. The goldfish are buried in the backyard. =x My brother is haunted by them, seeing as how they were his fish. XD I do want a koi as a pet. I love that type of fish.

Both of my dogs ate the cat poo. And my Jack, who is a fuzzy little thing, has a beard, and it would smell like the cat poo. It was nasty.

As for other annoying habits, my Eskie howls when he's hungry. And it's loud, and piercing. My cats run away from him. >.<

-
but books are generally more accurate because there's always the chance that you'll find a fansite or something that has their information wrong.
I found so many mistakes in the time line of my favorite book series. Over Spring Break, I want to write them all down. Yes, I'm that bored/obsessed. I already have it started in my mind, but I just need to start writing it down before I lose it.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
My dog barks really loudly. Loudly enough that I can hear her when she's outside and I'm on the second floor, and it's really windy outside.

I think she likes annoying us by barking. But barking means she's happy, so yay~ <3

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
XD, not all small dogs have tiny voices. There was my Aunt's dog who kept barking non-stop and really loud whenever we visited.

XD- Well..it makes sence for mine.

My dog barks really loudly. Loudly enough that I can hear her when she's outside and I'm on the second floor, and it's really windy outside.

I think she likes annoying us by barking. But barking means she's happy, so yay~ <3

Second floor? How many floors do you have? XD

Ayano Katagiri
March 2nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
XD- Well..it makes sence for mine.

Yeah, probably. But some smaller dogs do bark much louder than larger ones.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Second floor? How many floors do you have? XD
Only two. A main floor and an upstairs. Well, we have an attic and a basement, but those aren't livable [the attic's storage and the basements has our wood-burning furnace and freezers and our hot water heater in it. Plus it has a "dungeon" XP]. And my bedroom's on the second floor, as well as our desktop computer.

The room where I'm at [the desktop] is FREEZING. x__X

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Only two. A main floor and an upstairs. Well, we have an attic and a basement, but those aren't livable [the attic's storage and the basements has our wood-burning furnace and freezers and our hot water heater in it. Plus it has a "dungeon" XP]. And my bedroom's on the second floor, as well as our desktop computer.

The room where I'm at [the desktop] is FREEZING. x__X

XD- From that description your house seems vewy big. x3
Aww- Our computer room ish warm.

Yeah, probably. But some smaller dogs do bark much louder than larger ones.

Yesh.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
XD- From that description your house seems vewy big. x3
Aww- Our computer room ish warm.
It's not very big. Trust me. The rooms are small. D:
Well...we just got 15 inches of snow, and the winds are going 30-40mph. The window in here doesn't help either. I've got 3 layers on top and 2 layers on the bottom, plus heavy socks. And I'm still freezing.

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Aww- you should get a heater. Or somehow teleport to Australia where it's warm-ish atm.

Lil' Schu
March 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
I have a heater. My leg is on it. But, if I start it, it'll wake up my parents, who will expel me from computer. ;_; Boo.

So I will go to sleep now, where my bed is warm-ish. Bye Nica~

(And I'm taking the heater with me XD)

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
XD- Expel..that's an interesting way of putting getting off the computer.

Will the heater fit? XD

Bai. x3

Bomberman
March 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
XD- Expel..that's an interesting way of putting getting off the computer.
Hahah, I should start saying that...

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 10:41 PM
One of my school friends went to his yr 12 camp and it had a Cockatoo there and he was teaching it swear words

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
I didn't know people were able to bring birds on camps...XD

Rinji
March 2nd, 2007, 11:25 PM
Birds are my favorite animals <3 I wish I had one. I have cats, though so I wouldn't be able to let it out D:

*dances to We Like to Party*

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
Birds don't need to be let out. Mine are never let out and they are fine..unless your talking about inside ones.

Goku Goku
March 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
LOL We use to let our buddies fly over our living room once! :D Which reminds me, when a bird is alone, since the other one has died, we use to let it fly away, however I didn't like the idea so. What do you guys think about?

Forever
March 2nd, 2007, 11:53 PM
It's unfair to do that to a bird. Some person could see the bird flying away, grab onto it and punish it if they were drunk for example. That's the meanest thing someone could do to a bird, They would rather be alone than be hurt. Poor bird..

Blennix
March 2nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
ARGH!! Stupid me for not reading over my post I meant to say "The camp had a Cockatoo" sorry for the inconvenience.

On Thursday in maths I saw a Bird who had its wing broken ;_; I don't know if it was someones joke to cut its wing or if it fell and damaged its wing. The Saddest part was that it couldn't fly and thats what birds are supposed to do ;_;

Goku Goku
March 3rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
I guess the bird would be happier out free while than stuck in a cage alone, though as the former owner you'd worry about it. Well, if the bird was alone in a cage, it is sad, but with a kind-hearted owner the bird would be happy. My mum believes that whatever the nature of the owner is (good or bad), the pet will somewhat have the same nature - a good owner has a good pet, and a bad owner has a bad pet. :\

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 12:23 AM
ARGH!! Stupid me for not reading over my post I meant to say "The camp had a Cockatoo" sorry for the inconvenience.

On Thursday in maths I saw a Bird who had its wing broken ;_; I don't know if it was someones joke to cut its wing or if it fell and damaged its wing. The Saddest part was that it couldn't fly and thats what birds are supposed to do ;_;

NP.

Aww~That would be so mean if someone actually cut it's wing on purpose. That's unfair full stop.

I guess the bird would be happier out free while than stuck in a cage alone, though as the former owner you'd worry about it. Well, if the bird was alone in a cage, it is sad, but with a kind-hearted owner the bird would be happy. My mum believes that whatever the nature of the owner is (good or bad), the pet will somewhat have the same nature - a good owner has a good pet, and a bad owner has a bad pet. :\

I'm a good owner and some of my pets misbehaved. Though I was a little mean to one at some time..

Blennix
March 3rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
I read in the Paper that Kids now would rather play their Consoles than Dogs, Pfft I'd play with my dogs.

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 12:45 AM
Um..I guess I'd rather play footy with my dog if he didn't slobber. But..yeah, that's the big problem with dogs, they slobber too much ;;

Hayate
March 3rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
I wonder what kind of experience it is to have a dog or a cat..I'd like to have one but aren't allowed ;_;

Birds don't belong in cages in my opinion. My aunt had a bird once and when she let it free one time in her house it went all stressed and flied around before hitting a window ;_; Maybe she didn't care for it, still I think birds should be free

Astinus
March 3rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
Ugh. I remember one time when a bird flew into the wall of the house's porch. It fell to the ground and wouldn't move. And when I went to check it to see if it was dead, it took flight. Sure, it scared me to see the bird be revived, but I was happy. Then there was the bird that flew in the fence of our pool, and the random dead crow that dropped from the sky to land in our backyard. Poor birds...

I used to want a pet bird, but my mother is scared to death of them. And, well, we also have cats and dogs. My rabbit isn't even safe from my Jack.

I read in the Paper that Kids now would rather play their Consoles than Dogs, Pfft I'd play with my dogs.
Living creatures > pieces of wire and plastic. If it came down to choosing between my DS Lite or my dog, my dog would win any day.

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 02:01 AM
Such poor birdies.

I was just in my avery, my Parrot flew to me <3
I just wuvs it when it(Maybe girl..maybe boy) flies to me~!

Joey the Cockroach
March 3rd, 2007, 07:03 AM
well there was one time when we were watching something on the TV, and a bir went smack on our window.then it took off.

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 07:14 AM
Birds are everywhere here. I find it annoying and fascinating for some reason. XD

Blennix
March 3rd, 2007, 01:12 PM
So are FLIES!!!!! Argh! One day at school and walking to school, they would not leave me alone.

Joey the Cockroach
March 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
must have been like that painting by Mr. Bean XD

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Wild birds hit our window all the time...it's funny really. There'll be dead silence and all of a sudden k-bamb, and here's this spot on our window XD

Kyoko
March 3rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
^That always annoys me when I'm sleeping XD And I actually think a few birds have died that way by my house ;;

Persona
March 3rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
I guess the birds around my neighbourhood aren't as dense to be going straight through a house's window without thinking that it may be closed.

Kyoko
March 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
XD Well, I've only seen about two die only (and it was due to my window of course =P ). I've also see a squirell climb up a bird feeder and then get knocked down.

There aren't too many intersting animals by me, sometimes we'll get lucky enough to see a deer sometimes =O.

Ayano Katagiri
March 3rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Wild birds hit our window all the time...it's funny really. There'll be dead silence and all of a sudden k-bamb, and here's this spot on our window XD

You find that funny?? I havent seen it happen before... and I dont think I want to.. XD

Warheart
March 3rd, 2007, 03:16 PM

No offence, but if you think that's funny...that's pretty F-ed up O.o

I had a mourning dove being chased by a hawk crash through a window before, the hawk flew away, unharmed, but the dove was torn apart...We called animal control, which came to our house to see if there was anything they could possible do for it...

But I don't think there was a happy ending...

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Certain birds aren't very intelligent nowadays. I've even seen one get run over by a car when it had the chance to fly away.

Ouch.

Ayano Katagiri
March 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Certain birds aren't very intelligent nowadays. I've even seen one get run over by a car when it had the chance to fly away.

Ouch.

Evolution is killing intelligence in some way?

But that's got to hurt.

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Well, the birds dont die, they just flutter away again. And it doesn't happen that often, just spontaneously in the summer~

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Evolution is killing intelligence in some way?

But that's got to hurt.

I guess Evolution doesn't live up to it's full name.

Ayano Katagiri
March 3rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
I guess Evolution doesn't live up to it's full name.

Maybe it doesnt. Or they are just going back up the evolution chain.

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Maybe it doesnt. Or they are just going back up the evolution chain.

Here's what I really think about: What's going to become of us humans? Will we be actually smart in the future, or even as to making even more retarded decisions?

God only knows.

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Here's what I really think about: What's going to become of us humans? Will we be actually smart in the future, or even as to making even more retarded decisions?

God only knows.
Completely and heartfeltedly seconded.

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
When I saw the word evolution I thought yous were talking 'bout Eevee. Man, am I behind.

Everything will always be smart. Except for when things are blind, and then get hurt alot.

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
When I saw the word evolution I thought yous were talking 'bout Eevee. Man, am I behind.

Everything will always be smart. Except for when things are blind, and then get hurt alot.

Humans are actually quite blind underwater. Yet we only know so much about certain creatures. Not just because of technology. It's experiencing things first-hand.

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 03:46 PM
But I can see easily if I was swimming with goggles and all the other stuff.

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Nah, it's okay, Nica. :3

Everything has it's own smartness. At least, every live being. Even trees have "smarts." They can tell when fall comes and they shed their leaves and grow then back when spring comes around.

I can't just believe that happened by accident.

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Nica: Yes, only with certain equipment may people see underwater. Other than that, we're quite blind.

Actually, humans are blind in general. In the nighttime, and at certain cases, in the daytime..unbelievably.

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 03:52 PM
I'm not blind...I just can't find things very well...xD;

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Which is why I said "In certain cases". XD

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Even without the equipment some humans are able to see underwater..such as freaks.

Or..trees don't have enough water and they just start losing their leaves because theres less water in Autumn? X3

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Nah, it's okay, Nica. :3

Everything has it's own smartness. At least, every live being. Even trees have "smarts." They can tell when fall comes and they shed their leaves and grow then back when spring comes around.

I can't just believe that happened by accident.

This may come a shock, but trees are actually one of the smartest living things when it comes to the environment.

Such as are explained already.

Persona
March 3rd, 2007, 03:56 PM

God only knows.

I think that having character is higher than intellect anyway. We'll be secure enough to live through difficult decisions that have already been caused by ourselves as well as we think.

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
I think that having character is higher than intellect anyway. We'll be secure enough to live through difficult decisions that have already been caused by ourselves as well as we think.

But what about war? America's president is stupid enough to give lives just to find stupid nuclear weapons.

Yet, there are some human that just won't stop. I guess there is no such thing as world peace after all...

Ryoutarou
March 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Yet, there are some human that just won't stop. I guess there is no such thing as world peace after all...Obviously not, and there likely never will be. There are hundreds of other problems all over the world, other wars going on that people almost never talk about, sickness, homeless, lots of problems like that. It's rather stupid to think that one day it'll all be gone.

Persona
March 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
But what about war? America's president is stupid enough to give lives just to find stupid nuclear weapons.

Yet, there are some human that just won't stop. I guess there is no such thing as world peace after all...

That's Bush's own character. From his traits, the way he thinks and acts is what has him performing all this. It's not about his intelligence. He's bound to know that what he's doing is causing a lot trouble for the people of Iraq. He knows that his men are dying out there. He's even aware that he's gaining bad reputation from his country, and other parts of the world. Knowing this would be common sense for anyone. He's a greedy fool, in my opinion, nothing else to it.

Yes, and there's nothing we can pretty much do about it. It takes one person to harm the world. And when you think about this deeply, the odds aren't really great.

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
Obviously not, and there likely never will be. There are hundreds of other problems all over the world, other wars going on that people almost never talk about, sickness, homeless, lots of problems like that. It's rather stupid to think that one day it'll all be gone.

I'm not thinking that it'll be gone someday. The world "problems" will continue to exist and have it's effect on everyone.

That's Bush's own character. From his traits, the way he thinks and acts is what has him performing all this. It's not about his intelligence. He's bound to know that what he's doing is causing a lot trouble for the people of Iraq. He knows that his men are dying out there. He's even aware that he's gaining bad reputation from his country, and other parts of the world. Knowing this would be common sense for anyone. He's a greedy fool, in my opinion, nothing else to it.

Yes, and there's nothing we can pretty much do about it. It takes one person to harm the world. And when you think about this deeply, the odds aren't really great.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
I think there will be peace in this world once someone discovers the meaning of life..And then, everyone can all celebrate that they know what to do to achieve the meaning and everyone shall be nice and happy sitting with a cup of tea in a boring little world.

Persona
March 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
I think there will be peace in this world once someone discovers the meaning of life..And then, everyone can all celebrate that they know what to do to achieve the meaning and everyone shall be nice and happy sitting with a cup of tea in a boring little world.

I find it that there's no point in discovering the meaning of life. People will never live if they try to search for what it consists of. For me, I just tell myself to enjoy my time on Earth. Why waste it on something like this?

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 04:40 PM
I find it that there's no point in discovering the meaning of life. People will never live if they try to search for what it consists of. For me, I just tell myself to enjoy my time on Earth. Why waste it on something like this?

I heard from a wise people to "live life to the fullest" and I actually agree with that. No point searching for anything if you know it involves just your own life or even risking it, for that matter.

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
I'm leaning more towards the "there will never be world peace" theory. There will always be on person out there who has to get his own means, and he'll do whatever he can to achieve them. There's always one person who doesn't agree with the other, and they end up fighting.

Of course, that's just me.

Zorua
March 3rd, 2007, 04:42 PM
I'm leaning more towards the "there will never be world peace" theory. There will always be on person out there who has to get his own means, and he'll do whatever he can to achieve them. There's always one person who doesn't agree with the other, and they end up fighting.

Of course, that's just me.

And of course, that just may be correct. Like I said, the world "problem" will still exist and take effect on every human. There will always be problems.

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
And of course, that just may be correct. Like I said, the world "problem" will still exist and take effect on every human. There will always be problems.
That's just what I was getting at. Everybody's got their problems with the world, and most of them end up taking it out in a way that harms somebody.

Dawson
March 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
World peace is an impossible fantasy. Humans are far too advanced to just be able to live in harmony. There will always be people who want to power or money, and will stop at nothing to get it.

The only way for world peace to even be feasible is if -every- single person in the world was a complete equal. And that'd mean equal value and equal power, which, as I mentioned, is impossible.
He's bound to know that what he's doing is causing a lot trouble for the people of Iraq. He knows that his men are dying out there. He's even aware that he's gaining bad reputation from his country, and other parts of the world. Knowing this would be common sense for anyone. He's a greedy fool, in my opinion, nothing else to it.
I don't necessarily agree that he's a "greedy fool." Yeah, I strongly disagree with his actions, but he believes that what he is doing is what is best for Iraq. I think it's more a blinded belief than greed.

Lil' Schu
March 3rd, 2007, 07:30 PM
I don't necessarily agree that he's a "greedy fool." Yeah, I strongly disagree with his actions, but he believes that what he is doing is what is best for Iraq. I think it's more a blinded belief than greed.
I agree with that. It was good at first, but it's dragged on for too long and it needs to stop. I also don't think it's fair the way the media portrays him; they don't shed any good light on the situation, only bad. There *is* some good happening over in Iraq.

Goku Goku
March 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
I agree with that. It was good at first, but it's dragged on for too long and it needs to stop. I also don't think it's fair the way the media portrays him; they don't shed any good light on the situation, only bad. There *is* some good happening over in Iraq.

I second that. Really it's what the person makes of it. The children of Africa are poor, but they're still happy, right? It's just 'media' wants to focuses on the 'bad' things, since people will pay attention to anything 'bad' happening, hoping it won't happen to them. :\

pokejungle
March 3rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
I second that. Really it's what the person makes of it. The children of Africa are poor, but they're still happy, right? It's just 'media' wants to focuses on the 'bad' things, since people will pay attention to anything 'bad' happening, hoping it won't happen to them. :\
No, they really aren't happy.

Africa is like...

Honestly, don't take what you've got for granted. Sometimes the media exaggerates, but there is a horrible truth the images they show you. Kids die of starvation everyday and AIDS runs rampant. Please don't underestimate the problems there.

Forever
March 3rd, 2007, 10:18 PM

But if we don't know what we need to achieve in the future..when we all die, then we may not have done the certain things that enables us to get to a better place. (Referring to heaven)

If they are poor they have less supplies to live a happier life..Poor aint equalling happy.
Poor is more unhappy. I'd hate to be poor..

Goku Goku
March 3rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
No, they really aren't happy.

Africa is like...

Honestly, don't take what you've got for granted. Sometimes the media exaggerates, but there is a horrible truth the images they show you. Kids die of starvation everyday and AIDS runs rampant. Please don't underestimate the problems there.

Good point. But the fact that those unfortunate children are able to show a smile in their faces, whereas some of those who are fortunate don't even show a smile. I guess it's because the unfortunate can only go higher, and aren't ignorant like the fortunate.