PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody still watch Pokemon?

Link2999
March 4th, 2007, 07:05 AM
After awhile it just got a little babyish for me. I liked it until I was 11 or so then it just got getting stupid with its theme being about love and friendship...

Alex_
March 4th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I can't even remember the last time I watched Pokemon.

Forci Stikane
March 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Well, this IS a live subforum for the show, so...considering the response the Episode Discussion threads get (and the massive hulabaloo over the new VAs a while back), I'd have to say YES, quite a few people still watch the show.

Kotowari
March 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Yes, I'm 16 and I still watch Pokemon. Pokemon Advanced Battle started over here a while ago. I can't watch it at home, so I have to ask someone to tape it.

heyadj
March 4th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Yep, and I'm turning 17 in May :P

Haowakeorden
March 4th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I still watch the show, but I tend to prefer later episodes than earlier episodes.

Persona
March 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM
No, I haven't kept up with the new series at all. Although, I'm still interested in the video games that are produced.

Ichikool
March 4th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I see it a little bit of the episodes now and then.
It's not as good as it used to be, nyan...

Otter Mii-kun
March 4th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I stopped watching the show shortly after Advance Generation began.. It'd been going downhill since Johto League Champions... then Master Quest=*barfs at the pointlessness*

Gunn
March 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I don't really watch the series anymore, but I do keep up on the games. Though, I plan to watch the upcoming Diamond & Pearl season. :D Maybe that'll refresh my interest again.

Rainfall
March 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Very rarely. The program I usually watched it on cancelled it, so I never get to see it. But thats okay because I was never into the cartoons much anyways.

Lucario-Kurt
March 5th, 2007, 05:27 AM
I want to watch the series but i don't have the time, it's on too early in the morning for me >_<; i know a few ppl saying that it's got boring and similar things happen in every episode, i don't think it's true, ash & co always meet new ppl and unexpected things happen on his journey, i love the movies too though ^^

Drifblim
March 5th, 2007, 10:11 AM
I did for a long time, but due to work and priorities elsewhere I basically gave up on television.

Drew
March 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
psh, I'm 19 and I still watch it. xp
Its a good show, man!

... At least in my opinion. ^^;

However there are certain peices of the plot, and filler episodes that cease to amuse me... but for the most part, I watch it quite often.

Have since I was 9, and I ain't stopping now.
Actually I'm not stopping til its over..

(Yeah...that could be awhile... )

Watch. I'll be 30, and it'll still be goin'... with like Pokemon: Gotta Catch em All: GT: Advanced: Ultimate Quest: Melee Battle Hurricane...2!.

Yep...

Aether
March 5th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Not really anymore, I stopped watching a very short time ago, right near the end of BF, I just couldn't take the redundant story and the pitiful voice acting anymore IMO, I may watch D/P for Hikari (<3) but I just don't feel waking up so early on Saturday to watch them, I'm planning on getting the box sets for the original Indigo League, but thats about it....

Prince Roserade
March 5th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I do/I would, but they don't air the new episodes here in Canada, and I have no time to find them and watch them online. =/ I really wish I did, tho'.

gilbertman
March 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
yeah, it maybe childish but heck and i may be 20 but like my grandpa always says "Your only young once but you can be immature forever" and i live by those words :P

Elie Glory
March 6th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Hm I'm 19 and watching it too xD
I like it ^^
And I want new Pokemon epis in germany >.<
Until then I have to watch the jap. dub xD I love the jap dub *-* It's sooooo cool xD
And I am sad that...the last movie came out in german was "Pokemon Heroes Latios/Latios" T_T (still haven't seen it in german .-." )

I love Pokemon tv series xD
So maybe I won't stop watching it xD But you knever know...xD

Houndour2005
March 6th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I'm 34, and I haven't seen the TV Show for years!

Rioku_Zanketa
March 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM
no...I can't like the show anymore...it goes against my pride in some unknown wierd way...o.o

but seriously though,it it a little too-NO,it is overly baby-ish,and it hurts my feelings to see charizard to go happy all of the time(most of the time really)

don't flame me though-I still play the games,lol

C.J.
March 7th, 2007, 04:13 PM
*Holds hand up*

Guilty!!!

Zorua
March 7th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Well, I rarely watch the show anymore. It really didn't get through to me, I mean, as in interest. There hasn't been much action at all. It's more of the rescuing, loving and caring episodes than actual pokemon battles.

That and I just stopped watching it...so sad.

Kurosaki~Dragon
March 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Watched Kanto, orange islands and Johto, didn't watch much of Hoen or BF, but hopefully I can watch D/P @@ It looks good and has piqued my interests... Hopefull I'll be able to be up that early... xD

Bertee
March 8th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Early episodes rocked...new ones are kinda about Team Rocket and their loss in every episode.

Aegis
March 10th, 2007, 04:53 PM
After awhile it just got a little babyish for me. I liked it until I was 11 or so then it just got getting stupid with its theme being about love and friendship...

Well, this IS a live subforum for the show, so...considering the response the Episode Discussion threads get (and the massive hulabaloo over the new VAs a while back), I'd have to say YES, quite a few people still watch the show.

Um, why would all these people be posting if they didn't watch the show? Dur hur hur... Yeah. I watch it. I'm a big fan, I don't particularly think it's babyish at all. Maybe Team Rocket at times, but they're supposed to be.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 11th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I still watch Pokemon and I'm not scared to admit it, its my favorite show

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

mewtwo9999
March 13th, 2007, 09:46 AM
yeah ive been watching and playing pokemon since it came out and that was a long time ago

Astinus
March 13th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Seeing as how it is on at the same time that I am in either work or school, or rushing off to one of the two activities, I can safely say that I don't watch the show anymore. I really don't feel like I am missing much. I mean, really. Each episode, aside from a few rare but priceless rarities, follow the same formula for a plot. It gets predicatable.

The games and toys are all that I focus on now for Pokemon. Mostly the plushies. :3

Thunderdash
March 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
yea i watch the show and i have been a fan from the start and i allways be fan

EmeraldSky
March 29th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I have promised myself I will not watch the English version until the old VAs return.

That may be never, but a promise is a promise.

Drew
March 29th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I have promised myself I will not watch the English version until the old VAs return.

That may be never, but a promise is a promise.

I almost did that myself... but I still watch the new ones... even though the voices make my ears bleed... >>;

But they're getting better over time... No match for the old voices, but ah well..

Demonic
March 29th, 2007, 06:33 PM
i still watch pokemon! Ive seen pokemon from kanto, johto,hoen and soon shinnoh...

Trainer_Kelly
March 29th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I still watch it. XD; Well, not often because I don't really like watching shows and stuff (I get bored after an hour and a half). Even though, the most I watch are the movies...XD;

//Bey
March 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I don't really watch it anymore. I watched the first generation everytime it came on, then a bit of the second, and now I'm completely lost. I don't like the new episodes OR the new pokemon. It's so confusing for me haha. I sometimes watch the new episodes if I find it while I'm channel surfing.

I do watch the movies though. But again, not the newer ones haha.

CHaRiSMa
March 30th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I don't watch pkmn anymore. I watched the first season (it's Kanto right?), Orange Lauge, Johto Leauge (almost whole) and a bit of Master Quest. Then I stopped. It just seezed to interest me.

Christophe
April 2nd, 2007, 03:55 AM
Not the show. Not anymore anyway. I do on occassion. But I make it a point to watch the movies.

Jorah
April 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
No. That is why there is an anime section XD

Yeah, I still watch the anime and I can't wait for the D/P series and to see the new opening

deathbyalice
April 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
I still watch it every now and then.. But I prefer the origional series to the new ones.

Chibaymega12
April 2nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
yep yep, used to watch all teh new epis on sat. mornings. In battle frontier, ash's voice sounds really weird, i prefer his old one.........

.Bastion
April 2nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
I havn't really been keeping up since Hoenn ended. Battle Frontier didn't really appeal to me at all. I'll admit that I'm kind of growing out of the show, but the Sinnou saga looks interesting. I'll watch the first few episodes to see what its like and take it from there.

Chibaymega12
April 2nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
hopefully they will get a new voice for ash, maybe the old one.........

Obelisk
April 3rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
i still watch it i havent watched every single on but most of them i really like the show.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 4th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Pokemon will never get childish for me :)
I'm getting 17 yo in November but it's still like it always been

gilbertman
April 5th, 2007, 12:41 AM

yeah, who needs love and freidship..... :P They're overrated emotions anyway........

yeah almost 21 and still watch it, and I love it even more now with the new VAs(ahhh,i love contridicting others opinions)

so i guess you can think its baby ish but as for me ill just keep myself at a 12 year olds mentality, plop down on my couch on saturday mornings and eat my Lucky Charms and enjoy myself a little Pokemon, full of love and friendship :)

She-Elf
April 5th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I used to watch, but is so early in the morning on sundays, and I am usualy sleeping then.

Lucario-Kurt
April 6th, 2007, 01:26 AM
yeah, who needs love and freidship..... :P They're overrated emotions anyway........

yeah almost 21 and still watch it, and I love it even more now with the new VAs(ahhh,i love contridicting others opinions)

so i guess you can think its baby ish but as for me ill just keep myself at a 12 year olds mentality, plop down on my couch on saturday mornings and eat my Lucky Charms and enjoy myself a little Pokemon, full of love and friendship :)

I'm kinda the same as you :P lol i'm 22 and i still watch it, been watching since i was 15 when it first came out on TV here in the UK ^^

Crystal Clair
April 6th, 2007, 12:42 PM
*hugs* you and I need love and friendship!
As for me still watching Pokemon, I dont watch Pokemon too much anymore. I watch Pocket Monsters! I mean usually I'll watch Pokemon reruns for nostalgic or screencap sake but For the Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl, I prefer Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation and Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl. I've gotten quite used to Rika Matsumoto, Kaori, Yuuji Ueda, Megumi Toyoguchi, Megumi Hayashibara, Miki Shinichiro and Inuko Inuyama. (half of those names I memorized by heart)
I liked the new dub before they f-ed Cassidy up and named Shinji Paul. But now I hate them and will only slightly lift the hate if they make Paul (dub Shinji) sound as good or close to Kiyotaka Furushima. If they make him sound like Gary, I will write another rant on my site.

Does the poster of the topic actually think Pokemon's babyish?
What's babyish about this, (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/James_breasts.jpg) I'm sure Saturday morning cartoons have guys with implants all over the place. And do you know who Harley is? Do you know how (http://www.filb.de/content/anime/dp002/027.jpg) short (http://www.filb.de/content/anime/dp002/055.jpg) the new girl's skirt is?
I hope I proved my point. Saturday morning cartoons or babyish cartoons dont have fanservice.

Chibaymega12
April 6th, 2007, 12:45 PM
i was gonna say that too, it's kinda corny now, but i still like it and all, cant wait for the twentieth when the diamond and pearl movie premiers!!

Ash Ketchum
April 11th, 2007, 05:13 AM
I still watch it. I don't watch it very much, though. The reason is that I'm watching other Anime's too, and I'm quite busy with other things; school for example. But I'll never forget about Pokémon and I think I'm always going to love it. I've learned loads of things of Pokémon and I just think it's an amazing series. I haven't seen everything, but I'm planning to watch everything from the start. I know it's going to take quite awhile, but I don't really care. Pokémon is Pokémon, and I love it! Gotta watch 'm all, Pokémon! [8] *Grins*

I don't think Pokémon is childish. You can learn lots of things from it and it's just amazing! Anime is Anime and Anime's NOT childish. I know that there exist enough people who think Anime and Manga is for little kids, but there are enough series that ain't for little kids. Anime and Manga are for every age. Just so you know.
Only 'cause there are Pokémon in the series, doesn't mean that it's childish. You learn about real friendship and that you should never give up - stuff like that.

I think Pokémon's one of the best Anime series and I'm not scared, afraid or ashamed to admit that.

dannichols
April 11th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Well, I like pokemon alot, but back in September 2003, I stopped watching it because I found out that my other favourite anime, Digimon isn't showing it's 5th season. But in May 2005, after watching the destiny Deoxys movie, I got back into it again, but missing episodes from Adress Unown up to the last episode in Pokemon Advanced.

The Holy Shoe
April 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Sure, Pokemon is a little silly and less serious than alot of shows, but really... does every show you watch need to be super dramatic and serious? I don't think so. ^^

I like being able to watch something that is creative and light-hearted. I love the characters that I grew up watching. I love the new ones as well. I love the light-hearted wackiness that we call Team Rocket. I really do adore the Pokemon anime, no matter how childish it seems to others. ^^ You never really outgrow things like this, even when you're 21 like me.

idontnoWHOiam
April 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I haven't watched it in years, I tried recording it with tivo and watching it today but I was kind of lost and I thought the opening scene was a little corny >.>; Maybe I'll try watching the first episode of the D/P series and see how it is... The movies aren't that bad though. I think I've seen like 3 or 4, the last one I saw had something to do with deoxys.

Elmo's Fabric Of Time!!
April 13th, 2007, 03:31 AM
I can't because it doesn't come on public television anymore. They are such jackasses. ><

Lucy Lu
April 16th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Starting watch the first series while I was 18...been keep up with it. And I still watch til this day. I finished watching Battle Frontier(the new VAs). Now I am waiting to watch Diamnond and Pearl. I would like to watch the series in Japanese, but if I don't find a site that shows the series without subtitles, then I am out of luck. I tried to watch AG RAW, I couldn't get what they were saying. So I am going to stick to the dub of DP this time.

I am still a fan of Pokemon...til the day it is finally over.

aaronburnsyou
April 17th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I stopped watching it years ago, but I couldn't fool myself any longer, meaning I missed the Anime & started watching it again, and I'll never quit it ever again!

joleeinchains
April 20th, 2007, 04:12 AM
LOL =D
Yah I do everyday
Pokemon Battle Frontier <3.
I mean you can't just play the game, you gotta watch the show too =P
Am I rite? =D

Regi DS
April 20th, 2007, 06:55 PM
The cheesy factor has really gotten into me, but it's so ridiculously cheesy that it's awesome. So now I watch it when I can so yeah

The show was always fun and stupid at the same time.

Thomas
April 23rd, 2007, 05:29 AM
I watched the majority of the episodes up until they changed the voice actors for the dub. I refuse to watch it now. I still keep track of the movies, but not the television show.

Storm
April 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
I dont really watch it anymore sometimes I'll be flicking throuch channels and see it but not really.

Trainer Gabriel
April 25th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I watch the movies any time i can, havent caught the newest couple of seasons, coz they're only on the cartoon network now, and usually on when im watching wrestling.

But im buying the first 2 seasons on dvd at the end of the month :D

I'll always be a fan of it. I grew up watching it.

Psi Yamaneko
April 26th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I'm 23 and I still watch the show on occasion. Honestly, I prefer the manga's more dark/serious approach so I follow that a little more closely. Haven't religiously watched the cartoon since the Johto arc. Hoenn seemed just ...kinda.... blah to me. Sinnoh had potential but we'll see.

Roni Love
April 26th, 2007, 05:07 PM
GUYS! I watched pokemon like a week ago. I don't really enjoy the new episodes anymore they just aren't as good.It was the first time I'd seen it in like 8 years.... but other then that I don't watch it anymore.

Justin T
April 27th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I love the show. It's wonderful. I mean who could not like watching pokemon anymore?

yakusoku
April 27th, 2007, 01:37 PM
haha, it plays on saturdays at 1pm now in my area, but im always eating lunch or i forget to watch..

CowFreak5
May 14th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I still watch Pokemon, even though the Battle Frontier and D/P shows are a lot worse than than the Advanced series...

deanwig
May 15th, 2007, 03:21 AM
ya am 26 and love still and the movies

DragronWarroir2000x
May 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Quest: Melee Battle Hurricane

When I start a band one day, that will be the name. omg.

And I don't watch the show, or play the game, or the cards...or do anything pokemon anymore. It's turned into a cash cow.

XD XD LOL <3!!

¥ukáshi
May 21st, 2007, 10:07 PM
i ain't seen the show for ages i used to always watch it but then i didn't watch it for 1 day then 2 days then neva XD

pokeFan..phil..
May 31st, 2007, 11:22 PM
yes I watch pokemon anime what Im watching right now is pke D/P