PDA

View Full Version : Would you hunt/eat Pokémon?

Prince Roserade
March 5th, 2007, 05:13 PM
If Pokémon were real, would you hunt 'em or eat 'em?

Look I don't want to get into a meat-eaters vs. vegetarians and hunters vs. non-hunters debate. I'm just curious whether people would or not. I mean, killing cows and sheep and eating 'em is okay as far as most people are concerned, as is hunting deer and rabbits.

So is hunting/eating Pokémon also okay by your standards, or no because they're superior in intelligence and abilities to animals?

Personally, I'm not able to hunt or kill any other being, animal or Pokémon (not even bugs, lol, except of course, for the pests - I do kill mice, cockroaches, etc.).

However, I do eat meat (though sometimes I wish I didn't). So I guess that yeah, I'd eat Magikarp and whatnot as long as I didn't have to kill the poor thing myself. =/

There is plenty of evidence that people do hunt in the Pokémon world, so don't go "OMGZ KILLING LAPRAS THATZ JUST CRUEL WHO'D DO DAT!!"

Uh, welcome to reality? People kill cougars, foxes, wolves, deer, rabbits, sharks, minks, bears and the list goes on (no, I do not support hunting. I'm just stating the facts). So why not Lapras or Wailord or whatever? 'Cause it's cuter and smarter? So then it's only okay to kill non-cute, dumb things? XD

It may seem that I'm comfortable with the idea, but actually I'm not, XD. If Pokémon were real and there were like Luvdisc sandwiches or something I'd prolly be a little freaked out. Not necessarily because it's wrong, but just because most of us don't think of Pokémon that way...

Anyways, state your thoughts on this. And remember, no flame wars!! This is not an almighty debate of the ultimate truth, just a thread like any other. Give your opinion, read others and agree/disagree with them, but that's it.

speed hunter
March 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM
No Way! Pokemon are awesome, they're too cool to eat or kill.

PokemonRox
March 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I would Never Kill or hert a pokemon there so awesome with all there attacks and all they can do
:t112:~PokeRox~

Scales
March 5th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Any animal that exists people will eat it if they are desperate enough. However I would eat normal Pokemon like Miltank and Magicarp. But not rare pokemon like lapras. But come on lets be reasonable. If we all lived in pokemon time and this reality was a comic book or something and someone asked "Would you eat cows". You guys would say NO WAY COWS ARE COOL.

Anyway I would post Yes I would if I would be desperate enough. But just normal pokemon and not rare or unusual kinds.

Warheart
March 5th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Realistically? O.o

I don't think I'd ever actually be able to take the life of another living creature, whether it be a pokemon, a deer, a bear, whatever...

About eating them...uh...probably.

Gunn
March 5th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Sure. I think Far'fetched are eaten in the Pokémon anime and I'd eat a Magikarp sandwich anyday. But uh, no, I wouldn't hunt for Pokémon.

Always and Never
March 5th, 2007, 08:02 PM
lol, I'd have Pidgeot for Thanksgiving. Spoink for Christmas!

It wouldn't be that contravertial if Pokemon were real.

Prince Roserade
March 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM
XD wouldn't Farfetch'd be better for Thanksgiving? It's no turkey, but Pidgeot for Thanksgiving sounds even more... farfetch'd. :P

And Spoink for Christmas wouldn't fill you up too much. Better get a Grumpig, though with its Psychic powers, it'd be tough to get it. XD

Pkmn_knight
March 5th, 2007, 10:43 PM
hunting them would be hard. They would attack back and hard

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I would hunt down a Pokemon to have in my party but not to eat never

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Captain Arcane
March 13th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Yep, I'd eat them!!! *licking lips* MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm, tauros, mushed together with cheese, lettuce, tommato, and pickle!! And slapped between to buns!! ^_^
DELICOUS

Forever
March 15th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Ew~No way ;;
Expecially not the cute ones, Pokemon..they seem more special than the actual animals, so no~

goofy_charizard_girl
March 15th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Interesting thread, pretty realistic, of course if pokemon were real.
Anyway I wouldn't hunt pokemon(unless I was in situation where my life depended on it. Like if I was starving and trapted on a desert island or sth and wouldn't have nothing else to eat, but that's so unlikely so...) but I guess I would eat them, at least those which a lot of ppl would too, like maybe Far'fetched.

Auron
March 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I would like to eat a tasty Muk. Mmmmm...Yummy !!

Nah, just joking. Pokémon are too cute for being eaten.

thenry009
March 17th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Ofcourse i would.
It's like my friend always says, u kill 'em with ur hands, u eat 'em with ur hands!

Shiny Umbreon
March 17th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I like meat, whether it's from an animal or from a Pokémon, (which are the equivalent to animals) so probably I would.

wmoor0826
March 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM
i wuld do both, i mean how cool would it be to have a charizard head mounted on your wall?

Death Rogers
March 17th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Pokemon are basically animals. So, yeah. I would eat them. Though, I doubt many of the Pokemon are edible. Sure, Mareep is basically a sheep, but wouldn't you get electricuted by eating it? Though, Miltank does look plump and juicy... *Drools.*

And I remember in the anime that they've eaten Pokemon before. The Pokedex data for Farfetch'd stated that they can be made into a tasty soup. And I also remember Ash eating a fried Magikarp at a carnival.

WHALESDUDE
March 17th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Actually, if I remember correctly, there ARE Regular foods, such as Vegitables and Chicken, and other things of the sort, so would there really be a need to eat pokemon persay?

And on the topic of killing ugly or cute things, I think we're getting into a bit of a hitler situation here. The japanese were with the Axis powers at one point! :3

Bkue
March 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Just remember:

If god didnt want us to eat animals pokemon. Then why did he have to make them out of meat?

Also remember:

I love Animals pokemon! They go great with A1 Steak Sauce!

Innagadadavida
March 17th, 2007, 08:19 PM
MMMM... Can you imagine? I'd like to take I big ol' bite outta' a flame broiled quarter-pounder Milktank Burger. Or Blaziken nuggets. Our Pokepals up north can enjoy Wailmer blubber nuggets...mmm...they're chewy! And the mid-western rednecks can have Stantler vennicine.

WHALESDUDE
March 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM
O.O! Wailmer Blubber!!? But They're so adorable!! .__.

Jeremy
March 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Well sweeties, I'll be completely tramatised if I see a Torchic being cooked infront of me... I'm not so for it... Being a vegetarian looks so appealing now. XD

Drew
March 19th, 2007, 05:49 PM
xD I agree with that Jeremy.
But still, in the Pokemon world if you wanted to eat meat you'd HAVE to eat a Pokemon...

I'd eat one maybe... if I like...hated it or something. ^^;;

WHALESDUDE
March 20th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Then How do they have chicken? Hm? Gah, I just gotta find an episode that we can stream that might have like... a dinner where ash's mom serves dumplings or something... Just to show they have normal food too.

CHaRiSMa
March 26th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Well if there weren't any animals..sure I'd eat them. Come to think of it.. I would them even if there were animals! I don't know.. pkmn maybe cute and more developed than animals.. but they're still animals to me so I don't see any point in making a difference. I would really like to eat a Far'fetched or a Grumpig xD

Alakazam17
March 27th, 2007, 04:14 AM
I recall seeing in the anime that Magikarp were all bone and scales. So no, I wouldn't eat a Magikarp, XD.

Although Barboach & Corphish look tasty. =O

But heh, I don't really think I would. I love all Pokemon, and the two before-mentioned evolve into two of my favourite Pokemon.

jj_olli
April 3rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
I think a Miltank would be tasty :badsmile:
Pidgeotto and Swellow look good too, but I prefer Chicken :P

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 4th, 2007, 02:23 PM
No! Never! I have not the heart for doing that

She-Elf
April 4th, 2007, 02:28 PM
No no no, ofcourse not. I could never done that

xXPokepinoyXx
April 4th, 2007, 03:46 PM
*looks at Alakazam17's sig* wonder how i would eat ghastly and evolution? lol.

Rasa
April 4th, 2007, 05:08 PM
To tell you the truth, this is why pokemon shouldnt exist. People will start to hunt them and eat them for thier meal cause they dont have enough money to buy chicken or any other meat. Don't get me wrong, pokemon are lovable pets to cheerish and train, but think about it if dinosaurs where here now we would eat them for enough supply of food same thing goes with pokemon.