PDA

View Full Version : Being pushed around?

Zorua
March 8th, 2007, 12:25 PM
At one point or another, there's a person that dislikes another person and then starts to tease that person, torture him or her etc.

Bullies have been around and will continue to harass us until the end.

So what do you do when you're being pushed around or bullied?

Basically, if I'm being pushed around, then they're messing with the wrong person. I can get mad at certain times and beat them relentlessly D:

But yeah..that's me..not much to say. XD

Sakuya
March 8th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Well, I'd say normally that's I'd kick their arses and take names, but in reality, I'm not like that at all. XD I'd be scared and not really know what to do if someone started picking on me. Luckily, I don't 'act' scared when people start being mean to me and they usually leave me alone. haha.

Razer302
March 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM
sometimes people say things but i just ignore it and eventually they.

Merzbau
March 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Most people aren't dumb enough to mess with someone as big as I am.

But if they are, I don't act scared at all. I just scare them into submission. If they hit me, I sit there and just laugh in their face. They get creeped out, and therefore, I win. A bit masochistic maybe, but works. Works well.

If I wasn't a pacifist...I'd be a force to be reckoned with, I know. xD

Tensaiji
March 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM
No one would ever in their life mess with me. I know some of my friends like to playfully shove, but nothing too serious. I'm the 2-4 tallest kid in the school. You wouldn't wanna "bully" me when I'm not in a happy mood.:)

Kyoko
March 8th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I was bullied by this troubled 6th grader back when I was in 2nd grade. He would hurt and tease my all the time since his mom babysat me. I didn't tell anyone because I was scared no one would care/ beileve me if I said anything. Finally, I told my mom and I stopped going there to be babysat.

Then in 8th grade a group of vicious girls started rumors about me and were being mean but I let it affect me until I just got irratated of it. I yelled at them to do something better with their lives and get over me and I haven't talked to them since (and likewise) XD

So, I guess I just call them out on it rather then let them continue.

Dawson
March 9th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Bullies isn't a "kiddish" term at all. Just as many adults are bullied as children.

I've never been in a position where I have been systematically picked on for torment/teasing, but I have had the pleasure of running into people that just wanted to kick my ass.

I always think the key thing to do is to relax and stay calm, which is easy for me as I'm naturally laid back anyway. If you stay calm, you can think clearly and make smarter decisions. Normally, in a one vs one encounter, I'd advise anyone to at least try to fight back against the bully. Even if you're doomed to lose, fighting back at least leaves you with a bit of dignity, and respect from the other person.

However, if the person wields a weapon or has back up with them, which is incredibly common with the cowardly bullies in the world, then the clever thing to do would be to run. Call it wimpy if you want, but it's smart. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart a few years back, and I ended up getting stabbed with a pocket knife. I wish I ran now.

Amachi
March 9th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Yeah, the best advice is to just simply ignore them. A lot of bullies only want a reaction. Don't give them one, and they've lost their reason to bully.

I tend to laugh at them, give them the "wtf?" face and then just look away. But I have been a bit more edgy as of late, so that might lead into some trouble down the track ;D

Plus, brawling and the adrenaline rush you get from it is fun ^^

Anywho, as you grow up and get older, bickering in response or even getting physical helps even less, so it's probably best to learn how to handle situation such as these in a mature fashion when you're younger.

Kyoko
March 9th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the best advice is to just simply ignore them. A lot of bullies only want a reaction. Don't give them one, and they've lost their reason to bully.
That doesn't always work though. I remember back when I got picked on I'd do nothing but ignore them and they still kept going regardless. I think it really depends on the situation. If you ignore them and they keep going, then you should address the problem (whether it be with the bully or an adult). If they're using violence, I agree with Dawson, just get out of it (and tell someone).

Ullion
March 9th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't get bullied much. Well, I've been hit a lot, but I just ignored it, I've developed a tolerance for taking hits in the shoulder now, unfortuantely, the solar plex (or w/e it is called) will always be the soft spot. xD

Although, I just laugh, sometimes fall to the ground from laughing so hard, I don't know why, but I'm laughing right now thinking about it. o.O

And I feel bad for you Dawson, you got stabbed?!? =(

Yoshistar64
March 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Whoa, it must be bad to be a high schooler! Feel sorry for all of you! :(
I don't get bullied in elementary school because I am known for not cursing and getting good grades. Treat people with respect, and you succeed. It also helps if you have a low self-esteem, as some people call me.

Pokedragonfire
March 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Normally, in a one vs one encounter, I'd advise anyone to at least try to fight back against the bully. Even if you're doomed to lose, fighting back at least leaves you with a bit of dignity, and respect from the other person.

I would not recommend fighting back at all. That just gets you in to more trouble. It is not dignified or respectful to lower yourself to a bully's level. I learned this through experience. I would recommend to just ignore the bully if it is a one time thing. Sometimes this doesn't work, sometimes it does. If it is reoccurring, you don't want to wait until your temper explodes and you start *attempting* to beat the crap out of the bully. I'm sure you can tell someone about it and they will help you. Parents, teachers, friends, etc. They can really help. Unless you like getting punished for fighting and like the risks, but most don't.

I remember one time I was getting bullied almost daily and I tried to ignore it, but one day I just lost my temper and threw my books at the bully. Luckily, at least in hindsight, they missed. Unluckily though, one of my teachers caught me in the act. I got a detention for it even though it was the bully's fault and even though my books missed. There is a good ending though; he got punished worse than I for his bullying, but I still think I regret throwing my books because I could have just went to the principal or a teacher and told them about it and the bully would have been punished and I would not have been.

Stevo-kun
March 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I just ignore the stupid ignorant idiots. Because usually it happens to me because I am smart, I couldn't really care less what they think, and I don't let anyone push me around.

Abby
March 11th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Dawson: You were stabbed? Where and how badly? Have you recovered, or is there a reason for your regret beyond the fact that it happened? oo;

I've never been bullied. That's mostly because I've never been in situations where I could be. XD; I'm pretty sure my parents would have raised the fires of the depths if I had been, though. They always were and still are very protective of me.

Captain Arcane
March 11th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I don't remember if I have ever been in a situation with a bully..... I don't hang around people that I feel give off a bad atmosphere - ex. people who do drugs. Though I have threatnened other people that make me mad! ^_^ But I have neveer got in any fights.....I think I have come close to fights, but the situations never came to a boiling point. Know, I don't know if I sound like a bully or not, but I assure you that I'm not. But there are some people who I would love to beat the ---- out of! But, I know just to play it safe, and stay out of troule....most of the time! =P
See, I'm a very laid back person, but if somebody gets in my face, I don't hold back. Know, I have gotten into cursing fights that attract many people, and or teachers, but I haven't ever been in a real hand to hand fight. And I never make fun of people, except for the ones that I hate that hate me. But the way I make fun is behind the back, I don't stand up on a table and start mimiking the person in bad ways. And I hate seeing kids get made fun of. I'm the youngest of three siblings, so I know how it feels to be teased, but I know its not the same as being bullied. Like, if I see a kid thats beeing made fun of, I stick up for them, especialy if they are overwieght and/or wear glasses. It makes me so mad when I see people get made fun of!!!! @`_'@

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 16th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I was never bullied or pushed around, the reasoning for that is because I warn a person first, if they mess with me I will knock them out. I have that repertation

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Lord Mike
March 18th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Being a victim of bullying sucks. Most relantless bullies will probably end up a homeless person living in a trash can and mugging others for money.

There's enough evil in the world. What, with Iran and Iraq going nuts and North Korea firing missles everywhere, the least we need is more cruelty in this world. Our soldiers are fighting to make sure of that. The bullies can all jump off a cliff for all I care. I've had enough with the evil in this world. Its not going to ever stop; wars will rage forever. Bullies make the world a bitter place to live. They take away your self-confidence. I hate them. It would be a dream-come-true if the bullies can recognize the trouble and grief they've added to this world.

Oh, and, sorry about getting stabbed Dawson. Btw, did the guy/girl get away with it?

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 18th, 2007, 01:44 PM
When people push me, I push back. Hard. And then they leave me alone. If you resist, most bullies will go find an easier target.

Warheart
March 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM
To people I don't really know, I have a reputation that wouldn't make anyone wanna start with me, but honestly, I'm not really a violent, or angry person at all; like I wouldn't get myself into fights with whoever I see, unless I have a good enough reason, but if someone pushes me, I'll beat ass XD.

强有力
March 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I don't get pushed around. Its not because im tough or anything cos im not. People just don't mess with me for some weird reason. I kinda see myself as unbullyable. But if people do start something i just look at them and they go away must have EVIL EYES. But my friends consider me to be the "Hardest" out of my group of friends... I don't know why because i have never been in a fight.

Haowakeorden
March 19th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I was once a target of bullies due to my under-average size and physical strength compared to the rest of my classmates; however, the worst thing was that the teachers were, to a large extent, uncaring and/or sexist. It started to subside, fortunately, in Grade 8, and now if someone calls me names or threatens me, I don't really care. I'm still small for my age, though, so that gives me a slight disadvantage in intimidating people.

Unfortunately, I wasn't smart a few years back, and I ended up getting stabbed with a pocket knife.That must have been bad. I feel sorry for you. What happened after that?

Wuchuhurd
March 19th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I grew up in a rough neighborhood and i've seen how dangerous bullies can be. I've gotten into a couple of fights with some neighborhood kids and they tried to retaliate by firing gunshots while some friends and I were playing basketball at the park.

point is, as stated earlier just simply run away! no matter how big or strong you think you are, there is always someone out there that is bigger or stronger than you. but if you can't run away for some reason then you may have to physically defend yourself. A self-defense class could go a long way!

Lord Mike
March 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Gosh, that's harsh dude. Where was this neighborhood btw?

Lunux
March 22nd, 2007, 09:38 AM
I get bullied sometimes at school because i like pokemon games, and they tease me because they think i watch the show but i don't. they obviuosly haven't played any of the pokemon games that kick they're own sorry arses! I deal with it by telling them that i don't watch the show (which they think only gay people watch) and tell them to go away. but they keep coming... oh well i guess i'll have to deal with it.

Wuchuhurd
March 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Gosh, that's harsh dude. Where was this neighborhood btw?

its in a city called Carson which is at Los Angeles. I hung out with a troubled crowd still do sort of but I don't put myself in these situations anymore, thank god.

Lord Mike
March 22nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, LA's a tough town from what I heard. =/

Lunux, I understand your problem. I seriously don't see why you cannot enjoy something you're interested in, and the first step would be to tell you parents. Talk it over and discuss a solution to the problem, and then take action. I like the Pokemon Games and YuGiOh TCG but I don't say anything about it. My suggestion (if you haven't already tried it) is to stay low, and don't draw too much attention to yourself. And don't let them intimidate you. Bullies "feed" on the anger that is created in you by the teasing they do. Don't show fear, and act like you're oblivious to what they say. These tips might work to a certain extent, and I hope I somewhat helped you. ^_^

Shiny Espeon
March 22nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
I'm one of the tallest 6th graders around. Other kids don't dare mess with me. Plus, kids have no reason to bully me. I'm a really quiet peson.

If they do mess with me, my friend's always around me, and she'll kick their butt if anybody messes with her freinds.

If my friend's not with me, I take matters into my own hands by saying some harsh things. Not cuse words, just harsh things.

Rioku_Zanketa
March 22nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
peeps,ignoring causes violence...trust me on that one...

have I been bullied?yes.when I was like,4,I was bullied,by this 5th grader.he would cause me to get angry,and make me chase him.one day,he forgot,and went to the park.I got him.I beat him down to the X-treme.....after that,I learned martial arts.

so yea...whether before,or after,...it's never good to have messed/mess with me.now I'm the guy that's right there when a bully messes with a kid-the vampire "hunter" if you will...lol

EDIT:except...I don't hunt them....>.>

Lunux
March 22nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Lunux, I understand your problem. I seriously don't see why you cannot enjoy something you're interested in, and the first step would be to tell you parents. Talk it over and discuss a solution to the problem, and then take action. I like the Pokemon Games and YuGiOh TCG but I don't say anything about it. My suggestion (if you haven't already tried it) is to stay low, and don't draw too much attention to yourself. And don't let them intimidate you. Bullies "feed" on the anger that is created in you by the teasing they do. Don't show fear, and act like you're oblivious to what they say. These tips might work to a certain extent, and I hope I somewhat helped you. ^_^

I usually tend to stay low and yes i have talked it over with my parents. These people are so low to pick on the guys that like something they don't and another reason that they tease me is because i'm smart (at least smarter than them.) and they're jealous and would find any crack to try to dig into to make me feel bad.

Lord Mike
March 23rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
I never got why someone would tease you for smarts. Knowledge is power. The kind of guys who don't care a bit for their education will probably be total losers (expection: athletic guys, to a certain extent...). America needs smart people. There's a lack of good mathmatitions and scientists in our country. That's why the federal law requires schooling from at least ages 7 to 16; most of the people would lying around and doing nothing. Those bullies seem like those kinds of people. Think that maybe one day you will be a rich, company owner (hypothetically) and they'll be begging for a job from you. One day you'll show them a lesson. ^_^

Haowakeorden
March 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
I never got why someone would tease you for smarts. Knowledge is power.You should know that it is human nature to take everything the easy way, to take things for granted and to be shortsighted. And at a younger age, physical abilities and appearance is immensely more important than mental abilities. Generally, those who are mentally capable are not as capable physically.

At least there are some people who have foresight and value mental ability.

Lord Mike
March 23rd, 2007, 05:35 PM
You should know that it is human nature to take everything the easy way, to take things for granted and to be shortsighted.

And that's probably the biggest flaw they have. =/

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses
April 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Wow, This is all so depressing...

I used to be bullied for my height, but I had a recent growth spurt and I'm now no longer bullied (Ever since I pretty much maimed the bully leader :) I'm a natural street figher lol the irony)

Right now I'm defending this one kid with a speech impetiment and that has a brain disorder to where he thinks really fast and can be real random; " Ninja Peinguins having a picnic in space!"

You know what I mean? The kids real smart though... He has no freinds and everyone bullies him. I'm trying to teach him to kick ass

Krishnan
April 8th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I'll ignore them, but if I am in a bad mood or if I get irritated I'll lose my cool (it happens rarely).

Jeremy
April 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Well sweeties, I usually "end" the bully's tourement before he goes to far. >: ( Sometimes sweetie, violence does solve problems. =3 (I wouldn't recommend it though, because it usually gets worse. XD)
But really, 90% of the time, I just ignore them, unless they mess with my friends, then I get a little...violent.

Ben Kenobi
April 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Generally I'm a pushover (always have been) so people pick on me all the time and know I won't do anything about it. That's always been my problem, as I just can't seem to be able to hit another person. I just try not to let them get to me and then go and vent my anger somehow, by listening to (heavy metal) music or something.

Jim
April 8th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I ignore it and after I kick myself for not saying something. I've got a confidence issue (Everyone feel sorry for me... NOW!) J.k. So, any advice?

Melody
April 12th, 2007, 09:06 PM
When people push me, I push back. Hard. And then they leave me alone. If you resist, most bullies will go find an easier target.
I Do so as well Execpt in a non-phyiscal way...I am such a pacifist
Yeah, LA's a tough town from what I heard. =/

Jerks like that i ignore because they only hate pokemon because they dont fully understand it. I have made friends with bullies by explaining to them the intriacies of pokemon and usually they become a little more passive when that wave of nostalgia hits them. Sometimes they even reverse their behavior completely and become a friend.
I'll ignore them, but if I am in a bad mood or if I get irritated I'll lose my cool (it happens rarely).
Ill admit that i have a bit of a hot head when pushed too far. But that is because it runs in my family and i have been bullied since 1st grade. It stopped in 10th grade when i merely befriended one of the most popular girls in school...
And also because i befriended the rest of her group rather quickly despite their misgivings about me being welcomed into their fold...
Bullying is very immature. And nowadays nothing pushes my buttons more than execessive immaturity on someone's part.
Luckily I can contain my anger into 'burning them to a crisp' verbally. Usually if you show them that you hold yourself above them they wont resort to anything more than insults. And even the most Insuting insult can be magnified and defected right back at 'em. :)

CHaRiSMa
April 13th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Well I have been in a real fights only a couple of times in my life.. not much really. Bully here tend to use curse-bullying rather than real fights.. so luckily I wasn't in any dangerous fights. But I was picked on a lot when I was in elementary school, esp when I was 13, coz at that time I got chicken pocks and then some jerk started to make stupid comments that everyone is gonna get it too and so almost every guy in my class was avoiding me. But hey I managed. Now that I'm in gymnasium it's way better. I do have this guy in class who is sort of a bully but now I'm older and I'm starting to get used to stand up for myself, plus this guy isn't such a threat as the guys in elementary school were.

Oh, when I said that there aren't any real fights here.. well I take that back coz just now I realised that I'm in gymnasium and that's why I don't see many fights. Why is that so? It's coz only ppl with good grades can get into these kind of schools and you know.. Ppl with good grades aren't usually bullies. So these kind of stuff happens only in regular high schools where all ppl can go (also ppl with lower grades which are usually bullies). And you know how it goes. Bullies bully pupils that have good grades in elementary school coz they're jelaous of them.. and when they go to high school they meet even more ppl who were bullies in elementary school.. and so you get a school filled with retarded bullies who find no greater amusement in their life then bully ppl around. And last time when I was talking with a schoomate of mine, she told me that there were serious fights at her elementary schools almost every day. Ppl used to wait in front of her school for an appropriate target and then they would beat the **** of him/her for no reason. That really shocked me. The only real violence I saw in my elementary school was violence towards school property (like destroying school chairs or desks). And she told me that it was the same in her school only ten times worse. Gee, I feel a bit dissapointed to see where our schools are going.

Btw Lunux I know how you feel. When I was in elementary school ppl have never teased me coz I like pkmn or stuff like that coz I never let them know. But I know if I did tell them, then they prolly would. As for now, well I'm not sure.. I prolly would be a target for some jokes.. but I doubt anything serious would happen. Yeah, gymnasiums rule!

chivo756
April 14th, 2007, 06:11 AM
well for me i live south cali so
i get in alot of fight
but if there someone biiger then me and i know i going to lose
i will try to leave him messtup too you know so win or lose no won wins!

She-Elf
April 14th, 2007, 06:44 AM
I do nothing if people mess with me, I of course get angry if they mess with me, but then I just come down with a book or something, I always have a book with me at school. I just changed school, and people there are a little... You know.

Cross
April 14th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Well, to start, they have to be VERY stupid to pick a fight with someone of my size.

But let's see....

There was this bully at my school a while back, and he was harassing this girl, verbally (****, ho, etc) when she was a very nice girl who wasn't anything he was calling her. She started to look very upset, until I got between them and said very angrily to the kid "What is going on?". He was about 6 inches shorter than me, and he starts verbally harassing me. I said "Hey, chubby, how about you shut up?" and he starts wailing on me. xDDD

So this little fat kid, 6 inches and 1 year shorter than me is wailing on me!
So to get defenseful, I told the girl to run, and I picked up the kid and swung him against a nearby wall, twisted his arm slightly and held him there for about 5 minutes.
He became a good kid after that. He was nice to everyone, as I was nice to him, along with the rest of the school. =D