PDA

View Full Version : pokemon or just animals?

Hakudoushi-kun
April 29th, 2004, 05:16 PM
has anyone else noticed in the anime and on some cards, there are some animals that are shown, like in the 'bugcatching contest' episode, jessie was holding a goldfish in a bag. or when chicken or hamburgers are mentioned, i wonder where the meat comes from, pokemon, or some other species that are like animals.

Frostweaver
April 29th, 2004, 05:32 PM
there are animals in the Pokemon world... I think the anime has shown owls (before Hoothoot is made that is) before. And doesn't a card has a flying Pokemon holding a worm in its beak/talons or something like that?

Hakudoushi-kun
April 29th, 2004, 05:42 PM
so pokemon are some whole different species containing plants, animals, and other creatures that act differently than normal animals?

Jeremy
April 29th, 2004, 07:18 PM
That's what I thought. Since real animals do exist and the other countries exist too.(Mew's DNA was in South America after all. :P)

Porygon
April 30th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Hmmm *remembers the first time Ash saw his Pidgeotto*

Reptar
April 30th, 2004, 10:06 PM
I dunno...Interesting...That seems like it'd be a bit awkward, though for some reason X_x;;

PokemonAvenger
May 1st, 2004, 02:49 AM
Maybe the beef in Pokemon comes from Tauros and Miltank!
( Imagine a Miltank burger)

nayana_1120
May 1st, 2004, 09:36 AM
I think there is Pokemon are diffrent from animals. They may look like them, but they aren't. They just live in the regions they live in, and that's all for now!

I wonder if people eat Pokemon. ^^ I can see them drinking Miltank milk, but that's about it.
*cannot imagine a Miltank burger, lol*

AJHalliwell
May 1st, 2004, 09:42 AM
People do eat Pokemon, remember. (EW- I don't understand how you can love a certain pet animal, and then eat the same species)
Remember Farfetch'd? He's considered a delicasy...(sp*)
But one time (before Miltank, first season) Ash dressed up as a cow-cow. So I assume normal 'real' animals exist too.
Also, where do the names come from? "The Mouse pokemon" "The Fox pokemon", a mouse or a fox have to exist to be a kind of pokemon to. Otherwise rattata would be called a mouse, not a Ratatta.
!! Oh! And, in "The Sensational Cerulean Sisters" we see a huge fish tank, and there are non-pokemon fish in them. Hm, thats all I can think of right now, here's my two cents n.n

Dizzy
May 1st, 2004, 09:47 AM
That's what I thought. Since real animals do exist and the other countries exist too.(Mew's DNA was in South America after all. :P)

South America is a Continent... Brasil is the country where they found the DNA if I'm right they said It was in the Amazon

Duke R
May 1st, 2004, 10:03 AM
No, was in Guiana, or something like this... it's a country north of Brazil... But there is another history in Brazil... I think...

Dizzy
May 1st, 2004, 10:17 AM
Ohh I see. I swear to god that It was Brasil @_@ Maybe I'm going insane.

Pogiforce-14
May 2nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
I think that there are other animals than pokemon. What makes the pokemon different is that according to my manga, "Due to similarities in genetic and cellular structure, they must be considered a single species." This would probably explain why pokemon can be put into pokeballs and why normal animals can not. (Although that doesn't explain that riceball in the primape episode.)

Jess
May 3rd, 2004, 03:33 AM
There is animals. Because on some episodes they have referred to animals x.x

Porygon
May 3rd, 2004, 09:26 AM
Which ones do you mean, Jess?

jynx
May 4th, 2004, 01:47 AM
There's an eppy with non Pokemon fish in the sea!

Iveechan
May 6th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Pokemon also differ by animals because totally different Pokemon, like Quagsire and Rapidash, can crossbreed.

The way I see it, Pokemon are only found in this one big continent that is cut off by the rest of the world somehow. There may have been more regular animals living there at one time, but the superior Pokemon caused the regular animals to die off because the competition was too much. Humans, with their ability to craft Pokeballs and therefore capture and control Pokemon, were the only "higher" lifeform that survived this Pokemon invasion. Most regular animals are probably myths to humans in the Pokemon world.

Hakudoushi-kun
May 6th, 2004, 06:01 PM
if they are myths, then how do ash and co. eat muskrat balls(not what it sounds like) on that episode(when ash was training for the indigo championships?

AJHalliwell
May 6th, 2004, 06:53 PM
I think its muskat...and muskat is a kind of fruit, cause at the local comic shop they have japanese imported snacks, and I read it as muskrat to (after seeing the tomato flavored bubble gum--can you blame me!?)
Also, I'd like to note again that in the Sensational Cerulean Sisters, or w/e, remember the fish tank under the gym, all those fish that weren't pokemon.
And I love refering to the magical rice ball that can go into a pokeball! mwahaha!
I wanna try one of those in real life, they keep calling'm donuts though o.o

Iveechan
May 6th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Keyword is MOST regular animals.

Keleri
May 8th, 2004, 05:35 PM
There HAS to be regular animals in the Pokmon world, if not vertebrates, then insects and whatnot. An ecosystem couldn't function on just Pokmon. There's probably domesticated animals (pokmon are probably too valuable to be a staple source of meat...delicacies at best) and fish (compare all the types of water Pokmon with the incredible diversity of the ocean...), but maybe not too many wild animals left. The competition with Pokmon would be pretty harsh.

jynx
May 9th, 2004, 11:11 AM
If there weren't any non-Pokemon creature, the Pokedex won't be like this:
"Pikachu, a mouse Pokemon..."
"Goldeen, a goldfish Pokemon..."

Jeikobu
May 10th, 2004, 11:23 AM
There are animals in the Pokemon regions, I just think you don't see them much because they're irrelevant to the storyline. But I find eating a Pokemon repulsive, so there better be enough animals. X_X

AJHalliwell
May 12th, 2004, 12:14 PM
! ! ! !
In the episode of Johto with the Seaking contest, Misty looses the lure (meowth) and Ash says "Maybe it was just some kind of bottom feeder, like a CATFISH"
The answer to the question!

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
May 13th, 2004, 01:02 PM
I saw some fish in one of the episodes in Master Quest I believe. I saw some birds before in one episode. I believe I saw real animals in Pokemon 2000.

Corsola
May 14th, 2004, 09:47 AM
ive always wondered that... i even saw some dolphins in one episode XD!!!

jynx
May 14th, 2004, 09:57 AM
dolphins? Which episode? o_O|||

(Sorry...I've only seen Indogo league and Orange Islands :P)

Corsola
May 14th, 2004, 12:13 PM
how do u put avatars like that jynx?

Porygon
May 14th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Ummmm I suppose I can assume you know by now? Or do you mean a sprite avvy?

Aedan
May 15th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Yes, there is animals in the pokemon universe. Remember some of the first episodes? I think its one of the episodes with clefairy, there is a professor or something in that episodes that claims that pokemon may be from space (cant remember if he's only refering to clefairy and jigglypuff, or all pokemons).

This would explain a lot.

Although still, I think they should have kept the storyline in the pokemon world. It sort of destroyed the plot that mew was found in south america (since we all know that pokemons dont really exist on Earth).

While pokemons are certainly more valuable than regular animals, some humans (rich ones) eat them. This doesnt necessaryliy make them evil though. In the western world, just thinking about eating a dog or a cat would make the weak-hearted faint, but in china thats not unusual.