PDA

View Full Version : Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Pages : [1] 2 3

PokeCreator_09
March 12th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Okay, so I bet you're thinking "Yeah, right" but it's true. I spent all last night trying to figure it out, and I got it. Here are the steps

I can only post a link to No$GBA, nothing else so don't ask, just google it.

1. Download the Pokemon D/P Rom, no$gba (http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm), eNDryptS, Nintendo Ds Firmware, and Nintendo DS Bios. Again, no links to eNDryptS, Bios, or Firmware allowed.

2. Unzip all files into one folder and rename the Firmware from DS_Firmware.bin to
Firmware.bin.

3. Now, run eNDryptS, and press 1. If your rom is in the same folder as th eprogram, it'll patch it.

4. Now, run no$GBA and open your rom. You'll see an error message pop up. Go to your options and change the DS save type to Flash512Kbytes. Now reset the rom. You should be ready to go. Important: Press star tat screen that says gamefreaks or it will freeze

You can change around your options to make it faster. I had no problems but after the intro which is pretty fast, it goes slow, really slow. I'm sure they'll fix the speed in the next no$gba release.

Screenshots:
I'll post some later, since no$gba is acting funny with screenshots, and it's not really funny!lol

Pazuzu
March 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I might add that the D/P Emulation is far from flawless yet, which results in missing graphics and very slow emulation of the actual games.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4fwphm1.pnghttp://i16.tinypic.com/2ptng3k.png
http://i16.tinypic.com/303ek2q.pnghttp://i18.tinypic.com/3yc9kib.png

And before anyone asks, eNDryptS, the DS Bios/Firmware, and of course the D/P ROMs are illegal, which is why you will not get a link to them here.
If you ask for either of them, you will receive an instant Warning.

foofatron
March 12th, 2007, 01:41 PM
How can you save/load data?I've done this but for some reson every time I try to load data the emu freezes.Is there any way to fix it?

Absolitude
March 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I saw a video like this on you tube. I'm not really one for roms, but maybe i'll get an NDS super card and get all that d/p stuff. And Scizz i like your Luna element theme, but why did you choose a girl?! I know her cap looks a bit cooler, but why the girl?

PokeCreator_09
March 12th, 2007, 09:19 PM
@Scizz:
Yah, it's far from flawless, but it's not just d/p, It's the DS. I'm still amazed no$gba is the only emu hat'll run most ommercial games, and it's slow. But like I said, hopefully they'll work on that and other bugs for their next release.

@foofatron:
I haven't saved yet because when I was trying to take screenshots for this thread, no$gba crashed, so I gotta start again.

Also, If anyone finds any secrets to making the emu faster, for any games, please share. Thanks

Burned Soul
March 13th, 2007, 12:40 AM
yeah i can play it to that way but until they release a good version of no$gba i prefer playing pokemon diamod & pearl on my nintedo DS with my Super Card :P Cant wait until the American version release, oh well come here japonese xD

Ayano Katagiri
March 13th, 2007, 11:22 PM
This is certainly looking good for emulation for the DS. Surprisingly, NO$GBA has come up with some form of play looks promising. I just wonder, what other DS games it can play.

Those D/P screenshots look pretty good, just like the real thing (sorta)

EDIT: And it looks like a lot to download... XD (not the emulator I mean)

YourNobody
March 13th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I would love to play this. Even if it was only a tiny bit of the beginning, but...I can't find the firmware! I've tried looking for it before without success. I know you guys can't tell me, but I'm just saying. It sucks!

jakachuy
March 14th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Umm, how do you get the touch screen working? :X

Pazuzu
March 14th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Umm, how do you get the touch screen working? :X

It is working by default. :x
Once you load a ROM, the touch-screen will work when it gets enabled by the game, such as the Pokéball scene in the intro.
It won't work when the game disabled it, for example in scenes where it doesn't need it.

Sure you clicked on the right places?

jakachuy
March 14th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I got the windows version of no$gba. Maybe the rom?

Edit: got it, i didnt' have key.cfg

I can understand it, so it's very fun ^^. (I am fluent japanese)

Edit2: omg so slow. -goes off and gets flash cart-

Krishnan
March 14th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Umm.. I dunno Japanese at all so if someone can help me.. I load the ROM into No$GBA and then both the touch screen and normal screen turn blue. An on the normal screen a window will be there and somethings written in Japaneese. I cant take the screenshot because No$GBA crashes andthe screenie doesn't show up.. Please I need help urgently! Thanks in advance.

marz
March 14th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Umm.. I dunno Japanese at all so if someone can help me.. I load the ROM into No$GBA and then both the touch screen and normal screen turn blue. An on the normal screen a window will be there and somethings written in Japaneese. I cant take the screenshot because No$GBA crashes andthe screenie doesn't show up.. Please I need help urgently! Thanks in advance.

That's a japanese error message. You need to switch the DS Save Type to Flash512KBytes, then reset the ROM and it should work fine. You can access the DS Save Type Options by clicking Options>Emulation Setup (or just press F11)

EDIT: Guys, I've got real good stuff. Firstly, I know how to get the best speed; In the configuration, get all of these options (I'm going from top to bottom starting by the left column)

Unlimited MHz-Disaster, 10%
Start Cartridge Directly
24bit True Color
VGA (Poppy bright)
None
Flash 512Kbytes
Bright Sunlight
RIGHT COLUMN
Digital Stereo
Low (10KHz) (fast)
None/Disabled
Fast/Fast (best)
Master Only (Single Gamepak)
None

This should run your emulator very fast. Although, it does not change the speed outside. The only places where it visibly applies are in certain buildings, and in battle.

Now for a screenshot...

http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/7/3/15/f_DiamonSavem_93258e1.png

Save files work!
Actually, they don't. Once you've loaded, the screen just goes black never actually loads the game. If you plan on beating the game on the Emulator, make sure you can do it without closing the No$GBA.

YourNobody
March 15th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Okay! I actually managed to play a bit of this. I had to stop playing because when you go outside your house, it just gets way too slow!

I can't wait for the next version of NO$GBA. Maybe there will be some progress with the speed.

ash2000
March 15th, 2007, 10:07 PM
how can i configure the touch screen?

Ayano Katagiri
March 15th, 2007, 10:12 PM
how can i configure the touch screen?

You cant, the touch screen is automatic and works when you click using your mouse on the screen.

ck1109
March 17th, 2007, 04:25 AM
geez. this firmware thing is had to find!

Kuri-Chan ♪
March 17th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Well, although this is just what I've been waiting for, I'm waaiting. It's too much to download, too hard to find... But thank you, I'll think it over. <3

zarithron
March 17th, 2007, 09:00 PM
for me i did the things ur suposto and it still says the rom image has crashed... dang lol i was hoping 2 play it...

Hiidoran
March 17th, 2007, 09:15 PM
yeah...I found out about this early last month. I was really excited about a DS emulator! It's been a long time coming! Think of the possibilities in the near future! New Pokemon hacks, translations, etc. The future of fan-hacking looks very bright indeed! :cool:

PokeCreator_09
March 17th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Actually, It's not a lot to download at all, and it's not really hard to find. I'm a master at finding stuff though, cause you have to know the right keywords to use.

And yah, I agree that future fan-hacking is something I'm looking forward to. By the time I finish Liquid, I'll be able to start a diamond hack. And What I love is I can program for the DS in C++.

Anyways...

Pazuzu
March 18th, 2007, 05:08 AM
PokeCreator_09, it would be great if you would not give any hints about how to obtain illegal material, thanks.

gragondora
March 18th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I am having problems... the emulator that I downloaded doesn't work and I can't get pokemon pearl to load. I was wondering if someone could help me?

marz
March 18th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Just follow the guide on the first post and you should be fine.

gragondora
March 18th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Just follow the guide on the first post and you should be fine.

I did and it didn't work at all...

PokeCreator_09
March 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM
PokeCreator_09, it would be great if you would not give any hints about how to obtain illegal material, thanks.

I didn't really give a hint on finding the stuff, I just said to google it, if they didn't know it by now, they won't be able to find the files in the first place. Besides, its not illegal for me cause I own a ds, so I could just download the bios and the firmware very simply from the ds, and I plan on buying Diamond or Pearl when they come out. I just think it's cool that DS emulations finally getting somewhere.

YourNobody
March 19th, 2007, 05:05 PM
You did, actually. You gave them the exact keywords to use to get it. It's pretty much just as bad as direct-linking.

foofatron
March 19th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I did and it didn't work at all...

This only works for diamond at least for me anyway.Me and some of my friends got it to work fast but since some parts of it are ileagal I can't post it.Is there some way you can dowload all of the DS data and turn it into a emulator?Then it would run perfectly.

prophet789
March 20th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I tried this, not with the right bios and other firmware (do we need that to play it on the computer?) and followed the steps. It worked up to the title screen and then I couldn't play it due to the controls wouldn't work. I pressed Enter to get to the title screen, then it would work again. Any help is appreciated.

YourNobody
March 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I used Pearl and it ran just fine.

Prophet, there could be two problems.

1. Check the controls in the options. You may not have set them correctly.
2. The emulation is really slow at the title screen. Hit enter and wait.

prophet789
March 21st, 2007, 02:35 AM
Thanks, Ive done the controls option, but the other one doesn't seem likely because I I wait like 10 mins at the max. At the start screen, I press enter, but after a while it comes up with the "Press start to continue"
Can anybody please help me fix it, also thanks YourNobody.

PokeCreator_09
March 21st, 2007, 06:19 PM
It's just really slow at the start screen so just keep pressing enter and wait.

@foofatron: Why is it illegal?

marz
March 21st, 2007, 07:12 PM
This only works for diamond at least for me anyway.Me and some of my friends got it to work fast but since some parts of it are ileagal I can't post it.Is there some way you can dowload all of the DS data and turn it into a emulator?Then it would run perfectly.

Don't worry, it works with Pearl too. My friend played Pearl this exact way, and I played Diamond. Both worked.

Gridiron
March 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
I've downloaded all the things needed, but it won't let me use the touch screen. I click on it, and nothing happens. Any help?

Captain Arcane
March 21st, 2007, 10:34 PM
Ahhh man -_-, its in Japanese, I was hop'n it was in English... I'll just wait for it to be realesed in North America......dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.-_-

Trace
March 22nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
Wow!
Thinking that D/P is emulated..and maybe if No$Gba makes the NDS feature faster, we could start rom hacking this.

But also, if we do start rom hacking, people will make rare pokemon avaliable in maps or whatever, and some may use WiFi to give the Pokemon to there DS then trade them. That's the only downside I see. But I could be wrong.

None the less, a great day in the world of Emulation! :)

Blazichu
March 22nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
Wow!
Thinking that D/P is emulated..and maybe if No$Gba makes the NDS feature faster, we could start rom hacking this.

But also, if we do start rom hacking, people will make rare pokemon avaliable in maps or whatever, and some may use WiFi to give the Pokemon to there DS then trade them. That's the only downside I see. But I could be wrong.

None the less, a great day in the world of Emulation! :)

:cool: I have already started hacking parts of it:
http://www.freewebs.com/pkmngoldhacker/1.%20DS%20hacking%202.PNG

Just editted the start though.

So Enjoy! xD

Trace
March 22nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
That was quick xP

You used unlz?

2and2makes5
March 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM
This is great! Thank you! :)

I have one question though. How does the touch screen work? I assume with the mouse, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. Is there something special I have to do?

EDIT: I actually figured it out. I had to rename DS_FIRMWARE to Firmware, without the .bin. Again, thanks for this! I've been looking for a very long time! :D

Absolitude
March 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
No the touch screen with activate when it is necessary to be used. Otherwise it will not be on, read other posts before asking questions please, it really saves time. And i would also like to know how wifi works in this. Will it only work via supercard?

2and2makes5
March 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
No the touch screen with activate when it is necessary to be used. Otherwise it will not be on, read other posts before asking questions please, it really saves time. And i would also like to know how wifi works in this. Will it only work via supercard?

I read through all of the posts. I know the touch screen will activate when the Pokeball comes up, and I know I'm supposed to click on the center of it. The touch screen was not working when it was supposed too, but it did when I re-named the firmware file without the .bin at the end, although the instructions say to include it. Now it works. Just wanted to post this in case someone else had this problem; seems like I'm the only one though :P

PokeCreator_09
March 22nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
If you're having problems with the touch screen, its a problem with the firmware. I didn't have to rename mine, but the firmware is where the touch screen ability is at.

Gridiron
March 22nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
I read through all of the posts. I know the touch screen will activate when the Pokeball comes up, and I know I'm supposed to click on the center of it. The touch screen was not working when it was supposed too, but it did when I re-named the firmware file without the .bin at the end, although the instructions say to include it. Now it works. Just wanted to post this in case someone else had this problem; seems like I'm the only one though :P
Nice, I had the same problem, but now it works.

Proto
March 22nd, 2007, 09:37 PM

For the record, that's because the file has the extension, .bin, included by default. The only time that isn't true is if you have "Hide file types of known extensions" set to "No", which is set to Yes by default anyway.

Anyway, I got it going after a little bit of tweaking. At first I thought it wasn't working because it literally takes about 80 seconds to go from the "Press Start" screen to the game play. After that, the intro thing works at a decent speed (I sat there for ages trying to figure out why the Professor was saying the same thing over and over before I realized he wanted me to tap on the Pokeball on the touchscreen XD!) and if I set the game speed to double then the house works alright, but once I got outside it was just too slow to really try to play. Still, it was interesting. I got the best look at D/P graphics yet, so I'm more excited than ever about the actual game. XD

TJ117
March 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I cant figure out how to use this... i did all in the first post and this is what i get:
One box with a bunch of japanese stuff in it on the top, and nothing but blue on the bottom... I cant post urls yet so im sorry for the lack of pics...

PS thx in advance! though i will be posting that again once its answered...

Gunner
March 25th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Run eNDryptS, and press 1. If your rom is in the same folder

TJ117
March 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I did run that.... oddly named program... and i pressed one and it said rom successfully patched... then i started it and got that error...lmao

canza
March 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM
So......can you explain to me what it means to "Press the star tat gamefreak screen"?????

Oh...can when I played Pearl, when it got to the starting screen....I pressed every button and nothing happened. It didn't begin the game or anything, it just stayed the same with the pokemon title screen......it says push start button. I'm pressing enter..but nothign is happening...help please....=(

Pazuzu
March 26th, 2007, 04:00 AM
I did run that.... oddly named program... and i pressed one and it said rom successfully patched... then i started it and got that error...lmao
You probably got a bad ROM. Try redownloading it from a different source.

So......can you explain to me what it means to "Press the star tat gamefreak screen"?????

Oh...can when I played Pearl, when it got to the starting screen....I pressed every button and nothing happened. It didn't begin the game or anything, it just stayed the same with the pokemon title screen......it says push start button. I'm pressing enter..but nothign is happening...help please....=(

The game takes a while to load at that point. After you pressed start (check your key config), wait around 1-2 minutes, and it should continue. If you want, you can continue pressing start or A a few times in that time.

Munchlax989
March 26th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I cant figure out how to use this... i did all in the first post and this is what i get:
One box with a bunch of japanese stuff in it on the top, and nothing but blue on the bottom... I cant post urls yet so im sorry for the lack of pics...

PS thx in advance! though i will be posting that again once its answered...

go to options- emulation set up- nds cartridge back up media and click on any one of those

TJ117
March 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Wow, il just wait for the english version to come around... it should be here in a few weeks so then someone will probably do whatever it is you do to make it into a rom and then il just get that...lol thx anyways!

canza
March 26th, 2007, 03:47 PM

The game takes a while to load at that point. After you pressed start (check your key config), wait around 1-2 minutes, and it should continue. If you want, you can continue pressing start or A a few times in that time.

I see....thx. Well I was able to press the start button...but does it also take forever for the guy to keep talking at the start? Right after the title screen was gone, there were some japanese words...and it took like forever for it to recognize the a button....

alex291190
March 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
thanks but it is very slow it took me 30 mins before i could leave the house
is there any settings to improve the speed of text and walking? thanks

Ayano Katagiri
March 27th, 2007, 11:58 PM
thanks but it is very slow it took me 30 mins before i could leave the house
is there any settings to improve the speed of text and walking? thanks

Is that 30mins normal time? Or DS time? Because mine didnt go that slow in the house.
There are a few settings suggested by Marz on the first page that helps speed things up a bit more, but the emulator is not advanced enough to support D/P at a reasonable speed.

alex291190
March 28th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Is that 30mins normal time? Or DS time? Because mine didnt go that slow in the house.
There are a few settings suggested by Marz on the first page that helps speed things up a bit more, but the emulator is not advanced enough to support D/P at a reasonable speed.

normal time but i got it a bit faster now my computer was very slow altogether last night could be a reason
does anybody know of any other emulators that work?

Ayano Katagiri
March 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM
normal time but i got it a bit faster now my computer was very slow altogether last night could be a reason
does anybody know of any other emulators that work?

There are no other DS emus that work to this extent in gameplay as far as I'm aware.

YourNobody
March 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Nope. NO$GBA is a miracle. Most NDS emulators are lucky to even play demos right now. Progress has been extremely slow. I was giving up hope on NDS emulation because there has been surprisingly little to no interest in it

Fid
March 30th, 2007, 12:07 PM
All I see is the white/(kind of very light blue) color in both screens, though there's nothing else there, should I wait there?

or, if I don't make it 512KB or whatever it is, there's three lines of Japanese text in a box, in the upper screen, and when that thing is there, no button works.

Is there any problem with my ROM, or what?

NVM It's perfectly working 90% speed ftw!

YourNobody
March 30th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Actually, that's really slow. REALLY slow. Mine is usually around 600%.

Pokemon123456789
March 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I manage to open the pokemon pearl, but it say that i dont have Biosnds 7.rom and Biosnds 9.rom. What does it means?

Ayano Katagiri
March 31st, 2007, 01:25 AM
I manage to open the pokemon pearl, but it say that i dont have Biosnds 7.rom and Biosnds 9.rom. What does it means?

It means you're missing those files needed for the emulator to work. Look at the first post.

DiamondDust
March 31st, 2007, 01:55 AM
Some guy on a forum said it took so long to move... hope 2 months isn't a burden for us brits.

Fid
March 31st, 2007, 03:46 AM
Actually, that's really slow. REALLY slow. Mine is usually around 600%.

o.o

And again, the ROM isn't working, it says I don't have the Bos7 file while it is there =/

If someone isn't lazy, can they PM me how to make it work? I mean, a very simple explanation.

CMongoose
April 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Hi, I've been trying to play Pokemon D&P for about 3 hours but i can't get it past a screen that the top half is black with a text box with 6 Japanese characters and 3 exclamation points. the bottom half is blue. This is from Pokemon Diamond.

wmoor0826
April 3rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
This is awesome! I'm never turning off my computer again tho...

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 4th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Run eNDryptS, and press 1. If your rom is in the same folder
Doesn't work.
i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/eNDryptS.jpg

jj_olli
April 4th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Mine is working great, I hope until the english version is out, the emulator will work better. ( I hope they will release a version 3 until then)

YourNobody
April 4th, 2007, 01:57 PM
NO$GBA 3.0 is far away. They're only on 2.4a at this point. The author seems to release two versions a month and they're being released on April 22.

There may be a 2.4b before it gets released, though. That's more realistic.

pokemicro
April 4th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Can someone please help me when you get the screen with the red and blue button i try using the mouse but it doesn't work.

Help ME

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 4th, 2007, 06:01 PM
And help ME.

Anyway, use of the touch screen requires the firmware and an encrypted ROM.

aquariumboy
April 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
NO$GBA just realesed a new emulator today i think, it runs basicly all nds roms if you know how to configure the options right...
im able to run all of the popular nds roms on it without any help from other programs just there REAL slow but, what can you expect from an emulator...

Ayano Katagiri
April 4th, 2007, 07:57 PM
NO$GBA just realesed a new emulator today i think, it runs basicly all nds roms if you know how to configure the options right...
im able to run all of the popular nds roms on it without any help from other programs just there REAL slow but, what can you expect from an emulator...

The 2.4 can already run basically every DS ROM, with variation in speeds. More 2D based games can run at a reasonable almost real time pace, but partial or fully 3D like D/P runs much slower.

aquariumboy
April 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
The 2.4 can already run basically every DS ROM, with variation in speeds. More 2D based games can run at a reasonable almost real time pace, but partial or fully 3D like D/P runs much slower. lol well this is news to me,,, after i read what you said/typed i tryed it out on the older 2.4 i have same configuration and not even half of the games work, i then tryed them on 2.4a and they just started right up. i dont know maybe its my pc but i dought it, btw its an emulator not the real thing what more would you expect the speeds going to be slowish on some ssssssssllllllloooooowwwwwwww on others.

Ayano Katagiri
April 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
lol well this is news to me,,, after i read what you said/typed i tryed it out on the older 2.4 i have same configuration and not even half of the games work, i then tryed them on 2.4a and they just started right up. i dont know maybe its my pc but i dought it, btw its an emulator not the real thing what more would you expect the speeds going to be slowish on some ssssssssllllllloooooowwwwwwww on others.

The version I downloaded almost a month ago ran the all the ROMS I tested. One or two had a few problems with pictures, but the speed was very good.

I might also add that other DS Pokemon games work too.

Blazichu
April 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I tried DP on it and it ran pretty well, the graphics have minor errors and it is at least working 60-80%. Still there is no way to save in game or load states.

Hopefully they keep improving it at this speed, cause DS emulators are excelling in production xD.

DiamondDust
April 5th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah, i've tried it.

I got one question. Does this work with Pokemon Ranger too (tutorial replacing D/P with Ranger rom)?

Ayano Katagiri
April 5th, 2007, 01:54 AM
^^ Yes, I believe Ranger also works, but some parts of it onscreen wont fully function.

DiamondDust
April 5th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Off-Topic (not sure):
When I click on No$Gba it goes straight to load catridge screen.
Here is pic:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2315/79256241xx3.png

Can anyone help me?

Myzou
April 5th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Off-Topic (not sure):
When I click on No$Gba it goes straight to load catridge screen.
Here is pic:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2315/79256241xx3.png

That's what it's supposed to do...

Anyways, I got annoyed with it taking 30 min just to get to the professor and the other hero in the game, so I'm just waiting til the 22nd =P

Pokemon Ranger works without encrypting, but all of the sprites are clear and it's kinda unplayable :(

DiamondDust
April 5th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Yeah but when I click on the PokemonRanger rom it freezes and when I click on the Emulator it goes to large with white results(sometimes it shows black boxes)... I was playing it yesterday and worked (sprites were transparent), please help.

Hiidoran
April 5th, 2007, 04:55 PM
It seems that 2.4a runs the intro and houses at almost real-time speed,this is great!

Offtopic: Has anyone tried to change the text in diamond or pearl? I have...the rom crashes....

Blazichu
April 5th, 2007, 05:00 PM
It seems that 2.4a runs the intro and houses at almost real-time speed,this is great!

Offtopic: Has anyone tried to change the text in diamond or pearl? I have...the rom crashes....

I changed one of the Nintendo texts at the start and mine did not crash, you might have to move the rom to another location if you have played it already.

I can't wait for 2.4b or 2.5 of the No$Gba.

prophet789
April 5th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Is there any other ds Emulators that will play it, even slowly and is there others that play other games at all?

Blazichu
April 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Is there any other ds Emulators that will play it, even slowly and is there others that play other games at all?

I don't believe there is any others that work, I tried the latest Ideas and the latest DeSmume on D/P and still no results besides a blank screen. I have tried a few other games on DeSmume and Ideas and some work eg. Yoshi's Island DS and some don't eg. Mario Kart DS.

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM
OK, now I have another problem with Diamond - it will periodically crash my entire computer.

snowy22
April 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
My Promblem With 2.4 Is That I Cnnot Clikc On The Pokeball To Make Rowan Have Mucnluax

Ayano Katagiri
April 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
OK, now I have another problem with Diamond - it will periodically crash my entire computer.

It may just be that your computer cant support it. The amount of memory it uses up in one go is quite a lot.

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
So, what are the the optimal specifications for Diamond?

YourNobody
April 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
So, what are the the optimal specifications for Diamond?
Go back a few pages. Someone posted an image of the optimal game settings.

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 5th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I meant computer specifications.

DiamondDust
April 6th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I meant computer specifications.

A BIG memory and a good graphics card.

My computer works with D/P but very slow.

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 6th, 2007, 01:08 AM
My computer is a Dell1703FP and my Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE

Blazichu
April 6th, 2007, 01:15 AM
As long as your hard drive is big and you have a good graphics card it should run well, also don't forget to change the settings in the No$Gba.

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 6th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I did change the settings, and it still froze the computer.

Blazichu
April 6th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I did change the settings, and it still froze the computer.

Did you do the Endcrypts patch on the rom?

Also you need to have the Bios and Firmwire in the same folder where the rom is.

DiamondDust
April 6th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Don't Forget To Change The Firmware from DS_FIRMWARE(.bin) -> FIRMWARE(.bin), like it says on the first post.

Piplup
April 6th, 2007, 05:43 AM
I got it to work (extremly slow though exept outside of the intro and in the houses)until I reached the 1st battle I won but it froze there

Blazichu
April 6th, 2007, 05:47 AM
I got it to work (extremly slow though exept outside of the intro and in the houses)until I reached the 1st battle I won but it froze there

Get No$Gba 2.4a and make sure you put Unlimited MHz-Disaster, 10% on. It should increase the speed of the emualtor alot.

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I already told you, eNDryptS doesn't work!

I do have the BIOS and firmware, of course.

Piplup
April 6th, 2007, 12:48 PM
With 2.4a it moves at the actual speed of a nds :) but still sticks at the end of the 1st battle

MissingNO. #1 Master
April 6th, 2007, 01:17 PM
It didn't freeze for me the one time I managed to get that far before it crashed.

Hiidoran
April 6th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Maybe it's just my bios files but I still can't open up the start menu or get past the battle with Starly without it freezing...I've adjusted all the settings to what they should be but everytime I reset the cartrige, the rom image crashes. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Fid
April 7th, 2007, 02:09 AM
The ROM is now working very good, but the only problem is the very low speed.
It goes around 30% and less while walking and battling, my computer is 3GHz fast but I don't know what the problem is, and also, the Start button isn't working while I walk, but it works on the "Push Start" Screen.

Help anyone?

Blazichu
April 7th, 2007, 02:21 AM
The ROM is now working very good, but the only problem is the very low speed.
It goes around 30% and less while walking and battling, my computer is 3GHz fast but I don't know what the problem is, and also, the Start button isn't working while I walk, but it works on the "Push Start" Screen.

Help anyone?

Use the No$Gba 2.4a, set the Emulator speed to Unlimited-Disaster,10% and also the game is still unable to access the menu when clicking start.

Fid
April 7th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Whew, it's 50% now.

:(

And another problem. How do I save the game then?

Blazichu
April 7th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Whew, it's 50% now.

Can you tell me how did you put your settings? xD

And another problem. How do I save the game then?

That is all I did to the settings, also there is no way to save at the moment.

Fid
April 7th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Thanks for all the help anyway :)

Seems like I got to wait for an Emulator that can run the game without problems like these =/

Roxie Mika
April 7th, 2007, 02:07 PM
You can access the main menu (and therefore the save option) with the Nintendo DS's X Button (on my keyboard the equivalent is the Z key).

Strangely, if I use this with Unlimited MHz-Disaster 10%, the game runs overly fast when inside buildings. However, when outdoors (at either Unlimited MHz or 16.78 MHz setting), the game slows down to about 90%. My computer heats up a lot, too... (I need to clean out its innards.)

Hi Blazichu!
~Aurakitsune

Blazichu
April 7th, 2007, 03:41 PM
You can access the main menu (and therefore the save option) with the Nintendo DS's X Button (on my keyboard the equivalent is the Z key).

Strangely, if I use this with Unlimited MHz-Disaster 10%, the game runs overly fast when inside buildings. However, when outdoors (at either Unlimited MHz or 16.78 MHz setting), the game slows down to about 90%. My computer heats up a lot, too... (I need to clean out its innards.)

Hi Blazichu!
~Aurakitsune

Still after I saved and loaded it came up with a blank screen when I tried to enter the game.

sth hijack
April 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM
is there ne way 2 speed it up i played 4 like 20 min and only got to my starter pkmn

O.G. Duke
April 7th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I cant go pass the intro...I cant touch screen...

Blazichu
April 8th, 2007, 01:34 AM
is there ne way 2 speed it up i played 4 like 20 min and only got to my starter pkmn

Use the No$Gba 2.4a, set the Emulator speed to Unlimited-Disaster, 10%

I cant go pass the intro...I cant touch screen...

O.G. Duke
April 8th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Now it works....But is there any way to save game?

Blazichu
April 8th, 2007, 04:39 AM
You can save in-game, but once you load the game back up it freezes, so basically there is no way to save on DP.

O.G. Duke
April 8th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Oh...How about other games beside of D/P?

Blazichu
April 8th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Save states don't appear to work, but if you can save in game and the game works nearly 100%, then you can save and load the save in game.

Edit: Just learnt how to load an ingame save

1. Make a copy of your "firmware.bin" file or rename it firmware2.bin
2. Now copy "NO$GBA.INP" and call it "firmware.bin"
3. Start no$gba 2.4a with a rom, change the settings to "Start Cartridge Directly" and have the save type as "FLASH 256kb"
4. Options > Save Options to save the settings. Close the No$Gba2.4a and open it up with a DP rom and now in-game saving should work.

pkmonmaster135
April 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
does it freeze up for any1 else at the end of the 1st battle?

EDIT: does anyone know why or how to fix this?

jobsta
April 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
u need to change ure sound settings to the middle one then change back to no sound

pkmonmaster135
April 8th, 2007, 04:06 PM
^^^ OH THANK YOU!!!! you are awesome! i can't wait to keep playing this now!

jobsta
April 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
although mine is really really slow inside and out whats your speed and settings like?

pkmonmaster135
April 8th, 2007, 06:39 PM
i used all the settings someone put on the front page, so i'd check there. the percentage indicator usually shows 60-130 percent so it's not bad.

jobsta
April 9th, 2007, 04:42 AM
should my emulator really be running this slow??
its going 20-30%
outside and in and ive tried all the speeds help!!

Blazichu
April 9th, 2007, 04:47 AM
should my emulator really be running this slow??
its going 20-30%
outside and in and ive tried all the speeds help!!

Use the No$Gba 2.4a, set the Emulator speed to Unlimited-Disaster, 10%. It could also depend on the speed of your computer's RAM.

jobsta
April 9th, 2007, 03:24 PM
what speed should ure computers RAM be at and how do u check?

Blazichu
April 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
what speed should ure computers RAM be at and how do u check?

The RAM should be decent you can check this in your control panel and then click System.

kaitanuva
April 10th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Alright, I set the speed to Unlimited-Disaster, 10%, I get 100%-500 in intro and inside. But when I'm outside, it drops down to 30%-70%. What's up? I have 512 RAM, 32 mb vid card (Nvidia Geforce4 MX 420), and 2.26 Ghz.

By the way, is FlashMe a Nintendo DS Firmware? Because my touch screen works with it.
Also, is BiosDumper.ds the correct file for BIOSNDS7.ROM and BIOSNDS9.ROM? Biosdumper.txt talks about those files, so is it the correct one?

Oh yeah..How do you get the clock to show on the touch screen?

Shiny_Latios
April 10th, 2007, 11:40 AM
For more details about what i am going to say please go to PHO forums but a.) there is a new version of NO$GBA (Sorry if it has ben posted but i am in a rush)
b.) There is now a way to save and load to do this you must:

Go to Emulation Setup and select 512K Flash in the NDS backup media dropdown and save settings
Rename NO$GBA.INP to firmware.bin (I always keep a back up of the firmware but if you can't find it this helps)

Now you can load and save you can also have setings as you like but default is best the sound can be glitchy and being able to save soes slow down the gam but it is still playable.

Now lets wait for those D/P hacking tools ready for the 22nd April :D

metals
April 11th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah..How do you get the clock to show on the touch screen?

you get the clock at a certain part of the game and i know a website that has like a translated text walk through so you know what its is saying during the game am i aloud to put that link if so ill edit this post

Absolitude
April 12th, 2007, 01:20 PM
You are as long as it is a website, and not a forum. And as long as the website doesn't have any offensive materials, or leads to anything illegal.

Mr. X
April 12th, 2007, 02:27 PM
meh, im gonna download the english version when it is out. hopefully no$gba will be better by that time...

anyway, when is the english version going to be out?

edit: ja i did a quick search for an english walkthrough for d/p. here it is

http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/walkthrough\

another edit: whilst searching for a need file for this to work, i found a second way (note - i didn't check this)

1)Download NDSPatcher (search google... if u can't find it, too bad)
2)Put it in your ds rom folder
3)Drag the rom you want to play on top of the program
4)It should create a file with an extension .nds.gba.
5)Open that file in no$gba!

Always and Never
April 12th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Sound even works! Marz told me how to make it go ultimate fast and it works amazingly. So search back at Marz's post if you want ultimate speed which goes around 78-85% emulation. In building its like 200% and in battle its like 95%. So look back at his.

D/P ARE AWESOME!!! w00t!

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
April 13th, 2007, 02:27 AM
OMFG!!!!!!!! Its actually working wow i know what i am doing all this week!!

~Dai-kun~
April 13th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Same with me this is awesome!

DiamondDust
April 14th, 2007, 01:48 AM
BACOON please don't double post, just edit the first post you made.

Any updates for No$Gba 2.5?

Blazichu
April 14th, 2007, 03:16 AM
BACOON please don't double post, just edit the first post you made.

Any updates for No$Gba 2.5?

Version 2.5 is not available at the moment, 2.4a is the best so far.

Raik
April 14th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Hi. I have rom Pokemon Pearl with Patch. IN menu speed is 300%. In game (houses etc.) 50% I have 2.4 ghz, 256 mb ram. Please Help :/ Game is slow :/

Blazichu
April 14th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Hi. I have rom Pokemon Pearl with Patch. IN menu speed is 300%. In game (houses etc.) 50% I have 2.4 ghz, 256 mb ram. Please Help :/ Game is slow :/

Get No$Gba 2.4a, and if you have it just set the speed in Emulator Options to Unlimited Disaster 10%.

Raik
April 14th, 2007, 04:40 AM
I have 2.4a and this option :/

Blazichu
April 14th, 2007, 04:42 AM
I have 2.4a and this option :/

Well your Ram might not be fast enough to run the emulator fast yet, you might have to wait for future versions.

csacsa14
April 15th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Okay, so I bet you're thinking "Yeah, right" but it's true. I spent all last night trying to figure it out, and I got it. Here are the steps

I can only post a link to No$GBA, nothing else so don't ask, just google it.

1. Download the Pokemon D/P Rom, no$gba, eNDryptS, Nintendo Ds Firmware, and Nintendo DS Bios. Again, no links to eNDryptS, Bios, or Firmware allowed.

2. Unzip all files into one folder and rename the Firmware from DS_Firmware.bin to
Firmware.bin.

3. Now, run eNDryptS, and press 1. If your rom is in the same folder as th eprogram, it'll patch it.

4. Now, run no$GBA and open your rom. You'll see an error message pop up. Go to your options and change the DS save type to Flash512Kbytes. Now reset the rom. You should be ready to go. Important: Press star tat screen that says gamefreaks or it will freeze

You can change around your options to make it faster. I had no problems but after the intro which is pretty fast, it goes slow, really slow. I'm sure they'll fix the speed in the next no$gba release.

Screenshots:
I'll post some later, since no$gba is acting funny with screenshots, and it's not really funny!lol

ty alot ive been w8ing to play it

Charizard_Ruler
April 15th, 2007, 06:40 AM
This seems pretty cool, I think I will wait until the US D/P roms will get released, and then I'll have a browse, and possibly buy the games if I like the D/P rom games. :<

Argent Crusader
April 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well, i don't know why no one posted screenshots, but those are from No$GBA, Diamond works fine, but, when you advance in the game, the PC System Brokes :(

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/MiniskirtRumi.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/SchoolBoyNeoto.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/CaveBackground.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/KuroganePkmnCenter.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/TeamGalacticBattle.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/TeamGalacticAdminMarsBattle.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/ChampionShironaatHakutaiCity.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/RockyTerrainBackground.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/Natanebar.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/GalacticLogo.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/TeamGalaxyAdminJupiter.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/Bike.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/Campers.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/BeachBackground.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/SnowBackground.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/HuevoRompe.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/SinnohTrioTGHQ.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/SpearPillar.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/DialgacontrolingTime.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/RuinsFPV.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/ValleyWindworksFPV.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/YosugaFPV.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/StoppingDialga.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/WildAzelf.png

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/Kike-Scott/DP%20Screens/PokemonLeagueFPV.png

Charizard_Ruler
April 15th, 2007, 12:20 PM
You have to post them like that? XD Yeah, the quality is clear. I'll download the roms and stuff I need now.

Legendary Squirtle
April 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
another edit: whilst searching for a need file for this to work, i found a second way (note - i didn't check this)

1)Download NDSPatcher (search google... if u can't find it, too bad)
2)Put it in your ds rom folder
3)Drag the rom you want to play on top of the program
4)It should create a file with an extension .nds.gba.
5)Open that file in no$gba!

I tried the above method. It works all you have to do after that is change flash type to 512K flash and reset the rom.

jj_olli
April 16th, 2007, 05:08 AM
It doesn't make me a new file, please help me. :(

kaitanuva
April 16th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, the item pc system broke already, and I'm only in the Tobari City part..

Myzou
April 17th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Yeah, the item pc system broke already, and I'm only in the Tobari City part..

There is no Item PC in D/P... you can carry an infinite amount of items now ^^;

kaitanuva
April 17th, 2007, 07:26 AM
There is no Item PC in D/P... you can carry an infinite amount of items now ^^;

Oh sweet..but when I pick up these plate thingies, there were some extra japanese messages..doesn't happen to other items I pick up. Maybe the game's telling me how many of the total plates I have collected..

jj_olli
April 17th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Can someone help me NDSPatcher doesn't create a new .nds.gba file. Please helb me :(

Blazichu
April 18th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Can someone help me NDSPatcher doesn't create a new .nds.gba file. Please helb me :(

Put the NDSPatcher in the same area as your rom file, if that doesn't work there might be something wrong with your rom.

legolasidkarlo
April 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM
hmm weird the first time i played pokemon diamond its working well 40%-70% but when i woke up the emulator's screen was all black and it hangs. i reinstalled it and when i am able to play pokemon pearl the sound is choppy and it is super lag

eevee7893978939
April 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM
yay finally I found the download! But when i run it it says: "system crash" whats up with that??

Hermione
April 20th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I was so excited to get to play a little bit of Pokemon Pearl~ Thanks :) I seem to be having a problem, though... After I've drained the wild Pokemon in the first battle of its HP, the game just kind of sits there with the battle screen. Oh well~ Maybe some day.

legolasidkarlo
April 20th, 2007, 06:13 PM
hmm maybe your pc can't handle it?

i have a problem i hope someone can help me... every ds game that i play it is so laggy and the sounds is choppy

Shiny_Latios
April 20th, 2007, 08:41 PM
no you need to have sound durng battles i have it all the time so it doesn't crash if you find it annoying turn off your speaker with the sound on.

The reason i say to keep them on is if yu try to turn it on while it is processing something it crashestrust me i have had it

du1387
April 21st, 2007, 03:38 AM
hey, guess what! The ENGLISH VERSIONS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE!!!! you just have to know where to get them.

Second thing. Everytime I try to load up a rom, it just says the the cartridge can not be read, please turn off the power, and reinsert the cartridge. I have patched these by dragging the file onto the NDS Patcher, but it doesn't change the file extension.

GreenZ
April 21st, 2007, 04:06 AM
Does anyone know, how to save in American versions of D/P? I tried to do it as in Japanese version (renaming no$gba.inp to firmware.bin) but I've got this error instead of Continue and New Game... When I press A, the game freezes.

DracoMalfoy88
April 21st, 2007, 04:29 AM
Hey i've saved the game
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2107/immagineas9.jpg
but when i select the first option to continue the game the screen appear black, why???? pls help me

01perryd
April 21st, 2007, 07:10 AM
Why does the storage pc crash later on in the game?

keyblademaster17
April 21st, 2007, 08:15 AM
Since yours is working could you or somebody tell me how to use the NDSbios files

Fid
April 21st, 2007, 09:56 AM
You just copy and paste the NDSBios files in the ROM folder, uincluding the Endrypts file and there you go, start the Emulator and play.

And yeah, X button opens the menu and the game can be saved... but not loaded. Maybe newer versions of the emulator can load it but too bad this one doesn't.

Always and Never
April 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
That's right, I found it on a website and I'm jamming with my Piplup in ENGLISH!! Ha ha! Screenshots:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/Diamond.pnghttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot.png
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot1.pnghttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot2.png
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot3.pnghttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot4.png
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot5.pnghttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot6.png
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot8.pnghttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot11.png
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot12.pnghttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o211/xXscytherXx/screenshot13.png

So there you go, I will NOT give you the ROM so don't spam my PM box. This is just a heads-up that if you wanna play, you can play NOW!

Absolitude
April 21st, 2007, 01:17 PM
Nice, the ENG ver is already out. Now all we need if for NO$GBA to come out with a faster, and better version. Too bad i can't find it though, i can only get the Jap version.

zeda
April 21st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Does anyone knows how to save in American versions of D/P?

Munchlax989
April 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM
does any one know how to transfer it in the a nds file my english version is saved as an RAR file

Legendary Squirtle
April 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
I played the english version but stopped after I found out it couldn't save so I play the japanese version.

Sometimes the mic on the Ds emulater fails and exits the whole emulater.

Always and Never
April 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
You mean the English version has been out?

Blazichu
April 21st, 2007, 05:02 PM
does any one know how to transfer it in the a nds file my english version is saved as an RAR file

Search for WinRar on google, it can extract the files.

hyuhin
April 21st, 2007, 07:14 PM
hmm....is there a way to fix the save thing for the english version? If can't then does the save thing work properly for the jap ver?

PokeCreator_09
April 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM
yeah, I wasn't very suprised when I looked on there today and found the english ones. I was willing to wait 'till midnight to find them, but I wanted to look and they had 'em.

Shiny_Latios
April 22nd, 2007, 12:29 AM
Ok saign problem sorted out thanks to mamudi on PHO download this patch and use on rom. Use the real firmware and it saves http://www.sor-gts.de/files/lgc-pkmd.ips

Blazichu
April 22nd, 2007, 12:55 AM
Ok saign problem sorted out thanks to mamudi on PHO download this patch and use on rom. Use the real firmware and it saves http://www.sor-gts.de/files/lgc-pkmd.ips

I think Skill1414 from another forum created the patch, also he has posted a vid on Youtube on how to play the emulator with the DP english rom called "Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on DS emu".

mamudi
April 22nd, 2007, 02:55 AM
No kingkom did on a german forum and he shared it

legolasidkarlo
April 22nd, 2007, 04:30 AM
i mean any game i play with my ds the sounds are choppy and it is very slow. when i try to play the jap version of pokemon i am always stuck on the press start screen where it says pokemon diamond/pearl T_T i am able to play it before but after a day it went crazy huhu

kaitanuva
April 22nd, 2007, 05:26 AM
Damn!! The english D/P roms are out, but a faster emulator isn't yet..I'll just play on my Jap version until the emulator is improved..

edit: Is it possible to save on the English roms? I keep getting these communication errors..

legolasidkarlo
April 22nd, 2007, 05:32 AM
woah! does anybody knows how to fix my problem? now i'm having communication error everytime i load the saved file T_T

Myzou
April 22nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Gah, my post didn't go through from last night :(

Kait: There is a patch for the ENGLISH d/p roms that makes things go a LOT faster, and you don't need to rename any files to save =P

My post:

Can someone please screenshot all 8 badges in their case after all of them have been completely shined? (They will have 4 sparkles each). To shine them, rub the mouse across the badges to emulate wiping them with the stylus. I need them for a project I'm doing, and I only got up to Gym 2 on my rom -.-

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/4448/badgesfx4.png

Example of what I want, but with all 8 badges, not just 2. Person who does this (Needs to be a rom screenshot) will get a shiny marill when I reach pal park in my pearl, if you want it. :)

Katalyze
April 22nd, 2007, 07:30 AM
Im trying to get the US version to work but i get 2 outcomes with the US version. (I find it weird how the US version is only 65Mb)

1) I use the downloaded rom (dont know whether its encrypted already) and when i use it with the emulator it says the "The rom-image has crashed"

2) I use the NDSPatcher then use the emulator in which is case it says cannot read data

I can get the Japanese Version working, but its ridiculously fast, i get around 1000% and i dont know any Japanese.

kaitanuva
April 22nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Example of what I want, but with all 8 badges, not just 2. Person who does this (Needs to be a rom screenshot) will get a shiny marill when I reach pal park in my pearl, if you want it. :)

I have 5 badges so far, lol. I transfered my Japanese .sav file to my English .sav file, so I don't have to start all over again. By the way..I don't think emulators can go online yet..so no shiny Marill =( (not that I want one LOL)

Gridiron
April 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Can someone please screenshot all 8 badges in their case after all of them have been completely shined? (They will have 4 sparkles each). To shine them, rub the mouse across the badges to emulate wiping them with the stylus. I need them for a project I'm doing, and I only got up to Gym 2 on my rom.

There's a screenshot of the badges at Serebii (at the main site, under the D/P section, under the Gym Leaders section). I'd post it, but there's a reason Serebii doesn't allow saving pics from his site (I know I could do print screen, but Serebii wouldn't want that).

~Heart
April 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
very cool i didnt know there's a ds emulator working .... i followed the steps and it works like a charm... im playign the english pokemon diamond now.

legolasidkarlo
April 22nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
help guys! how can i save at pokemon pearl? every time i try to play it says communication error after i press start XD

Kouki Cheong
April 22nd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Hey. hey, hey! It is hyper slow when I play!!! Why???

Hermione
April 22nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the tip, turning the sound back on stopped the problem I was having with it freezing after the first battle.

I've also found that when I was trying to play using NDS2xGL2, if I closed NDS2xGL2 and opened it again, it wouldn't recognize my save... but no$gba itself recognizes my save~ So no double size screen for me. XD

Shiv
April 22nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Hey! I recently came across this thread and its helped loads. I finally managed to get the save working. Now the only problem is the speed, any suggestions on how to increase the speed?

Somehow, it was running at around 70% while outside and 100% while inside yesterday. Now its back to 50% and 80%. If you can help me to maintain around 70-100% then it will actually be playable.

Thanks anyway!

Shiny_Latios
April 23rd, 2007, 04:21 AM
help guys! how can i save at pokemon pearl? every time i try to play it says communication error after i press start XD

go back a pge and there should be a link to a patch patch that onto your rom and it should work fine

S-master
April 23rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
does somebody know how you can make the game play faster, i even did doubled the speed in the emulation setup and it won't go any faster than 30%~40%

BTW i use the english version of diamond and pearl

Devil_Inc
April 23rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
incase the save doesnt work for you guys, switch the save options in No$GBA to 256KB NOT 512K IT WILL SAVE AND IT WONT BE CURRUPTED.

also set
Emulation speed to Unlimited 100% disaster, will increase the speed but its risky.

im just so happy i can save, i dont mind the crappy speeds :D
i just had to share this with you guys.

`p34ce`
Ron

Legendary Squirtle
April 23rd, 2007, 09:47 AM
Finnaly found out what was wrong with my pokemon diamond, now I can play and save in english.

Shiv
April 23rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
I got my speed really high thanks to some settings. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the cheat editor in no$gba, I really want some stuff that I can usually get only by trades. Any help will be appreciated! (i found some AR codes, no luck with using them though)

Kuruption
April 23rd, 2007, 01:23 PM
I got my speed really high thanks to some settings. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the cheat editor in no$gba, I really want some stuff that I can usually get only by trades. Any help will be appreciated! (i found some AR codes, no luck with using them though)

Care to explain how? Please. I'm getting 40-70 outside. :(

Shiv
April 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post it here, so I'll pm it to you.

S-master
April 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
would you like to pm me too about that speeding shiv, beacause when i am outside the game plays then very slowly

legolasidkarlo
April 23rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
go back a pge and there should be a link to a patch patch that onto your rom and it should work fine

hmm can you teach me how to patch? i already downloaded the file but i think it is for pokemon diamond...

i also have a problem where when i drained the enemies hp the game freezes omg

Devil_Inc
April 23rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
i need some have with the speed outside of battle too, its horrible at times.

LawLessChaoz
April 23rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
It won't work for me it just crashes.

prophet789
April 24th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Can u also pm me Shiv I live in Australia and there is now a hell of a wait.

Shiny_Latios
April 24th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Shiv it should befine check with Christos or Scizz as they are on most of the time as it would be helpful

zeda
April 24th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Anyone knows how to use cheat codes on Nogba?I tried to use the american action replay codes,but it didnt work.

_Prince_
April 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I'm having trouble with the english rom, everytime I try loading the game I saved it comes with a blank screen. I have no trouble with the gameplay, the game speed seems to be quite good. Just the saving problem I have.

Shiny_Latios
April 24th, 2007, 12:31 PM
go back a few pages there shudl be a link to a patch use this with the real firmware and try searching next time as this might've been sorted

JaVi
April 24th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Yes, you can save the game in no$gba 2.4a, but you can load your game? If somebody know how I can load my game, tell me, please.

EDIT: How do I run this patch? Do it help me to load my game?

SSJ4 Furanki
April 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Here are some screens of the english by the way I did nickname my Chimchar, Goukazaru:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/ShinxDexEntry.png
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/Vs-34.png
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/Vs-35.png
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/Vs-36.png
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/Vs-37.png

zeda
April 24th, 2007, 02:27 PM
No one can help me about the cheat codes?

rocky_lifter
April 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Yes, you can save the game in no$gba 2.4a, but you can load your game? If somebody know how I can load my game, tell me, please.

Just save it like you would if it were playing on a regular DS (go into the menu and save) and next time you load it, it should ask you if you want to load your game like it would if you were playing it on a DS.

Shiny_Latios
April 24th, 2007, 08:27 PM
o use the patch just atch it onto your game put the real firmware in the main folder if isn't already.

Also the cheats i think the option has been put in but not working yet

asdfman
April 24th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Can somebody tell me what good settings are? So far, I have no problem with saving or loading, but the speed is killing me :/

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 24th, 2007, 09:58 PM
That's not really something setting changes will fix - the best of computers may lag quite a bit as well. A newer release will hopefully address the speed and graphical issues present.

LawLessChaoz
April 24th, 2007, 09:59 PM
The rom I have doesnt work at all do you know where I can get one???
Can somebody please help me??

Pkmn_knight
April 24th, 2007, 10:04 PM
mine freezes just after i finish defeating the starly ... is there something wrong with the rom?

Krobelus
April 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Question-mine freezes just after i finish defeating the starly ... is there something wrong with the rom?

Answer-Thanks for the tip, turning the sound back on stopped the problem I was having with it freezing after the first battle.

I've also found that when I was trying to play using NDS2xGL2, if I closed NDS2xGL2 and opened it again, it wouldn't recognize my save... but no$gba itself recognizes my save~ So no double size screen for me. XD

Hope that helps you.

I can't believe I never found this thread before. I was emulating this game a while back now, and I just found this thread hahas.

Mine works good. Everything works, outside is a bit laggy of course, but it's playable. The only problem was the first battle, how it freezes, but I know how now.

Ciao.
~Raz

LawLessChaoz
April 25th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I just get a black screen an it freezes.

Ayano Katagiri
April 25th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I've completely given up on D/P right now, at least till the next NO$GBA release. Way too slow for me to bother playing it on the computer when I have my Jap Diamond and my DS lite. xD

Quick questions: How do you play the .rar files???

.rar files arent ROMs or anything like the sort. They are files that have been compressed by uploaders to save them time uploading larger files. Use Winrar to unlock it.

Pkmn_knight
April 25th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I've completely given up on D/P right now, at least till the next NO$GBA release. Way too slow for me to bother playing it on the computer when I have my Jap Diamond and my DS lite. xD

.rar files arent ROMs or anything like the sort. They are files that have been compressed by uploaders to save them time uploading larger files. Use Winrar to unlock it.

for me it runs very fast and on the game itself its nearly normal speed its at 90% for me.
everytime i save and come back on it makes me start again. whats wrong? ive tried both in game and no$gba saves and both dont work

Christos
April 25th, 2007, 03:22 AM
The rom I have doesnt work at all do you know where I can get one???
Can somebody please help me??

LawLessChaoz, if you had read the first two posts you'd know that asking for ROMs is illegal (in the whole forum too) and you will get a warning if you ask. It's the second time you asked for ROMs in this thread so you're getting a Warning.

Pkmn_knight
April 25th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Christos is right. just as said its illegal to ask for roms (its illegal to have the rom when you dont own the game but i cant get the game. im in Europe so my NDS cant play usa version and its not out yet.)

Christos
April 25th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Christos is right. just as said its illegal to ask for roms (its illegal to have the rom when you dont own the game but i cant get the game. im in Europe so my NDS cant play usa version and its not out yet.)

No, you can play the USA version of D/P even if you don't own the game but we can't provide a link for the ROMs here so you'll have to find it yourself.

pokejungle
April 25th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Why in the world is this thread here, which tells exactly how to get a ROM? It's absolutely ridiculous.

This is supporting pirated material, and we should not be allowed to discuss this. If you guys want the game, but it, import it, whatever. Don't be cheapskates. Support Nintendo and the work that went into making this game for us.

Pkmn_knight
April 25th, 2007, 04:25 AM
No, you can play the USA version of D/P even if you don't own the game but we can't provide a link for the ROMs here so you'll have to find it yourself.

well my nds cant play any version the touch screen broke (i dont know how)

Dark_Scyther
April 25th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Mine works, no freezes in battles although i do get two problems

It noticeably slows down when in outside areas and sometimes when going to different locations the sound starts to stutter.

JaVi
April 25th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Just save it like you would if it were playing on a regular DS (go into the menu and save) and next time you load it, it should ask you if you want to load your game like it would if you were playing it on a DS.
I save the game like a normal DS, but when I say Continue in the data screen, the screen becomes black. Why?

pokemicro
April 25th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Can someone please show how to install all the stuff using screenshots.

Black Charizard.
April 25th, 2007, 07:01 AM
mine pokemon daimond works but i have no$gba as emulator and I can save it as sna file but not other but i can't load it then the emulator says image chrashed

Saurav
April 25th, 2007, 07:08 AM
I'm having trouble with the english rom, everytime I try loading the game I saved it comes with a blank screen. I have no trouble with the gameplay, the game speed seems to be quite good. Just the saving problem I have.

I also had a same problem like your "_Prince_" and others also said follow the steps follow the stpes lames..... here try what i did cause it worked for me.

1. Open your emulator.
2. Go to "File" menu.
3. Click Cartridge menu (FileName) f12
4. Click on "Battery" Folder, at the "File of type:" make it "All Files" cause normal will be "GBA ROM Images"(Open the Battery Folder where you have save the game file)
5. Now click at the save game file, and click "Open"
6. When you click ok you will get a "Warning" dialog box just click ok
7. Now a dialog box with the title "NO$GBA -FATAL will appear, just click ok there too :)

And reopen your emulator again and open the rom and now you must be able to load your save game :)

I am totally not sure of it cause i test this myself only, so if you try it please give me the feed back please :D

Christos
April 25th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Why in the world is this thread here, which tells exactly how to get a ROM? It's absolutely ridiculous.

This is supporting pirated material, and we should not be allowed to discuss this. If you guys want the game, but it, import it, whatever. Don't be cheapskates. Support Nintendo and the work that went into making this game for us.

The thread doesn't tell where to get a ROM, it tells how to play a D/P ROM with an emulator on your computer.
Why is this thread here? This is the emulation section, I can't think of any reason for this thread not to be here or be in another section of the forum.
The emulation section is for this kind of threads, anyone can discuss about this stuff here.

Black Charizard.
April 25th, 2007, 08:37 AM
it stil not works it say's first 'failed' and then when you or try to open the save file with it or if you load you're rom : rom image chrashed

Saurav
April 25th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Try this on a new folder "pachel"

1.You must have "NO$GBA 2.4a"
2.Get the firmware and the Bios.
3. Now put these all in the same folder with the emulator and the rom.
4. And get the patch from here (http://www.4shared.com/file/14687383/41775376/lgc-pkmd.html) and patch it with the rom.
5. Go to option and make these setting below----->

Emulator Speed : Unlimited MHz-Disater, 10%
NDS Cartridge Backup Media: FLASH 256kBytes
Sound Output Mode: Digital Mono(fast)

Please leave the feed back. You don't need to "eNDryptS" if you are using "NO$GBA 2.4a" i have tested this myself. :D

Shiny_Latios
April 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
no your save must be 512K FLASH thats what worked for me

Saurav
April 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Well "Shiny_Latios" mine is Flash 256k Bytes :D and it is only great :)

Black Charizard.
April 25th, 2007, 11:41 PM
it stil not works when i save in the game it not works because when i load the rom i don't get the menu op contineu and when i save a snapshot it will not work because the rom image chrashes

edit: I change by the controls sojme settings and now it works so thanks

peirau
April 26th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I open the rom and it says:The data could not be read.
Please turn off the power,then remove and reinsert de DS game card.

bobpickle
April 26th, 2007, 10:41 AM
The touchscreen isnt working for me yet
I encrypted the rom but i think i didnt download the right firmware

The speed for the game actually isnt *too bad
Once you get your running shoes it is actually playable

The only concern i have is about saving
Has anyone found out a workable way to save the game yet?

bobpickle
April 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I tried the patch, it didnt work for me.
Whenever I try to load my saved spot the screen goes white

Are people able to save
Im not? can anyone help

Sakumo
April 26th, 2007, 06:07 PM
After I started it like 30 min. later this happened:
B=black
n=NDS Emulator

BBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBnnnnnBBBB
BBBBnnnnnBBBB
BBBBnnnnnBBBB
BBBBnnnnnBBBB
BBBBnnnnnBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBB

Anyone know why?

Ninja Monkey
April 26th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Well the game is incredibly slow, but at least it works. The emulator says it's running at 800-900% outside, but ah well.

O.G. Duke
April 26th, 2007, 10:21 PM
How about my question?
The patch can used for other NDS rom?

YourNobody
April 26th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Someone claimed on the last page that they are entitled to play the ROM legally because they own the game. This is absolutely false. I want to clear this up. I've said this before and I'm certain this won't be the final time.

Nintendo prohibits the backing up of any of their licensed games or products. Regardless if you downloaded the ROM file or dumped it yourself. It is still illegal. If you dump a ROM file from your personal game, your warrantee is immediately void.

This is all in the back of your instruction booklet. Read it sometime.

Blazichu
April 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Someone claimed on the last page that they are entitled to play the ROM legally because they own the game. This is absolutely false. I want to clear this up. I've said this before and I'm certain this won't be the final time.

Nintendo prohibits the backing up of any of their licensed games or products. Regardless if you downloaded the ROM file or dumped it yourself. It is still illegal. If you dump a ROM file from your personal game, your warrantee is immediately void.

This is all in the back of your instruction booklet. Read it sometime.

Umm...roms aren't illegal unless if you don't own the game already(true statement), also many of us already knew this(we know roms are illegal), so that is the reason people create patches.

Also people who are having trouble with speed, go Options > Emulator and change the Emulation Speed.

YourNobody
April 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Umm...roms aren't illegal unless if you don't own the game already(true statement), also many of us already knew this(we know roms are illegal), so that is the reason people create patches.

Also people who are having trouble with speed, go Options > Emulator and change the Emulation Speed.
You speak of an old rumor that is as old as the internet, my friend. I'm also afraid you are incorrect. Nintendo prohibits the backing up of any of its products. Downloaded or dumped. It doesn't matter.

Don't believe me? Open up an instructional manual of any Nintendo game and flip to the back. It's all said there, like I said previously.

Blazichu
April 27th, 2007, 04:07 AM
You speak of an old rumor that is as old as the internet, my friend. I'm also afraid you are incorrect. Nintendo prohibits the backing up of any of its products. Downloaded or dumped. It doesn't matter.

Don't believe me? Open up an instructional manual of any Nintendo game and flip to the back. It's all said there, like I said previously.

This(http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom) should explain, Nintendo finds nothing wrong with having a second copy via a rom if the one you own crashes.

I had a problem occur, on the way to Celestic, the screen became blank, I was wondering if anyone else had this trouble?

Black Charizard.
April 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
I have a problem in pokemon dfaimond on the no$gba emulator when I must go through fog and the screen is complete white what must I do

peirau
April 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
I open the rom and it says:The data could not be read.
Please turn off the power,then remove and reinsert de DS game card.
Is there someone that can help me?

bobpickle
April 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Anyone figure out how to save yet
Patching the rom didnt work for me
Neither did changing it from 512 to 265

Black Charizard.
April 27th, 2007, 10:32 AM
you must set in controls down right game screen filter to scale 2x and set by emulation unlimited mhz-disaster 10%
start cartridge directly vga poppy bright none flash 256k bytes master only (sigle gamepack)

then save in the game by presing a and then choose save and when that's done load you're emulator agian and load you're game and then there's a menu were you're save game is standing

bobpickle
April 27th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Has the in game save or any save format worked for anyone so far?
I really want to start playing the game
Sorry if im being annoying

Im continually faced with this screen

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2404/screennu2.png

ASHYLEGS
April 27th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Now that the English version is out...I wonder if there are english patches.

O.G. Duke
April 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM
It works for me the patch....Do you sure how to patch? Download it and double click, and search for your D/P rom and click ok.It will say , the rom succesfully patched.

legolasidkarlo
April 27th, 2007, 05:03 PM
do i need other programs in order to patch my rom?

O.G. Duke
April 27th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Erm...If I need to save in other game besides of Pokemon D/P. how?

legolasidkarlo
April 27th, 2007, 08:17 PM
i think you can save on other games without using any? i'm not sure though..

now my problem is i'm stuck at the starly part.. every time i drained its hp my game freezes