PDA

View Full Version : Thief enters vault, steals $28 million in diamonds

MegaFuz
March 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Antwerp, Belguim -- Defying extremely tight security, an unknown man entered a bank vault and made off with over 14 million pounds of diamonds. The man painstakingly built up his trust by diamond dealing with the bank for over a year. He was such a valued customer that he was given a key to access the bank's vault. On his last visit though, he stole roughly $28,000,000 worth of diamonds and vanished into thin air. Using a fake alias and disappearing quickly, the man has officials completely lost on his whereabouts. It is not known if the man will be able to sell the diamonds or not, being that he needs documentation to prove authenticity.

--

Pretty crazy stuff. I'm baffled as to how this guy got away clean with all the security and surveillance in Antwerp's diamond district. Major props to him though. After pulling it off, I kind of hope this dude can actually sell the diamonds and make money. I also kind of hope he gets caught and thrown in jail. =P

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 15th, 2007, 12:14 PM
That bank deserved to be robbed if they were brainless enough to give him the key.

MegaFuz
March 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Key or no key, it would seem impossible to just make off with 14 million pounds of diamonds. I mean, it's not like this guy had a little 5 pound baggy of diamonds in his pocket. He had a massive motherload of diamonds. o.O

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
This guy is smart, there's no denying that. But the bank was still stupid for giving him the key.

Dawson
March 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Awesome. That makes the Oceans Eleven dudes look tame. Credit where credit is due, though, he put in a years worth of time and effort in preparation for that heist, so he must've had his fair share of diamonds to begin with, otherwise he wouldn't have been such a valued customer.

Thing is though, he'll never get away with selling those diamonds. Someone will tip off the police to his whereabouts and he'll get caught. Either that, or he'll spend the rest of his life on the run without even being able to enjoy the rewards of that year of work. Poor him.

Fox♠
March 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
The man is blatantly a genius and the bank is just as blatantly stupid, trusting someone with a key is just asking to get robbed.

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 15th, 2007, 02:00 PM
It's not just asking to get robbed, it's begging to get robbed.

MegaFuz
March 15th, 2007, 02:09 PM
If this guy is smart enough to put in a year of hard work and actually get away with stealing the diamonds, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he somehow found a way to sell off the diamonds and continue to avoid being caught. I'm sure he covered all his bases before pulling the heist off. The chance of him planning this out and not even considering the fact he'd have trouble selling them off is slim to none. He probably already had somone lined up to buy them.

Persona
March 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Depending on people's views on it, this is either a positive thing or a negative thing. I guess I'm impressed with this guy - just going ahead and marking off with $28 million in diamonds? Sounds outstanding, though I wouldn't really offer any concern on how this turns out in the end.

People can purchase artificially made diamonds these days, I personally don't see the point in paying thousands or more for shiny glass.

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 16th, 2007, 11:00 AM
But with the shiny glass that costs thousands, you can tell everyone "Hey, I bought a shiny rock!". With a fake diamond, you can't do that. See how much you would miss out on?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 16th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Why would anyone give a key to something that valuable, and I would of robbed that bank also because someone gave me a key to something that valuable. this would be a lesson for them

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Esupio
March 17th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Best thing is, I've still not got cau*shot*

Well, lets hope that other bank robbers are thick, and other banks are intelligent