PDA

View Full Version : New game to be revealed soon!!!

Dudedude
March 16th, 2007, 01:05 AM
According to Serebii on serebiiforums, well it would be easier if I just copy it and paste it:

Quoted from Serebii:
"Thats right, in the May Issue of CoroCoro, due out on April 14th, is going to reveal a brand new Pokémon game.

What could it be?

The 3rd Version most likely featuring Giratina?
The long covetted GS remakes?
The Pinball of this generation?
A New Puzzle Game?
The Colosseum of this generation?

We shall see. Discuss"

Ok....so yeah. My name is XyronTheFalcon from Serebiiforums..here was my post.
Quoted from myself:
"Listen to some sense guys:
1.Its too fast for the third game to come out. So yeah.....
2.Pinball? Not yet. cause all the 4th Gen Pokemon have not been officially revealed yet(Sheimi and Arseus)
3.A puzzle game? Oh pls no! Toreizi came out late.So lates hope its not a puzzle game.
4. Ok..New Colloseum game is possible...But...After the release of revolution..it may be a while till the next Wii game.
5.THE THING YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!GSC REMAKE!!

Personally, I feel that it may be the remake. Why? Because FR/LG were announced at around the same time...I think.."

So...yeah...happy to be the first to post this...and....quoted from serebii.....

[ Staff edit: Discuss nothing. Forum links are not allowed. ]

Prince Roserade
March 16th, 2007, 01:48 AM
I totally agree with you. It's stupid to think it's the third DP game, lol, when DP isn't even out officially yet in America.

I certainly hope it's the remake. Man oh man, if it is I'm going to scream of joy for a week non-stop. I've been waiting for this forever, and I mean forever. Holy mackarel. Plus I really want to start with Chikorita for once in my life. I never played GSC. When I became a Pokémon fan, RS was out and I bought those, and once I got used to those graphics, it was impossible for me to play GSC and/or RBY. =/

So I sure hope it's the remake, and omg, for the DS. <3

EDIT: Huh? Forum links not allowed? I don't see no forums link. Why shouldn't we discuss it? It's just another Pokemon forums, anyway. It's not like he's advertising. Jeez. O_o

Samson
March 16th, 2007, 01:55 AM
umm you say all that but just because it's going to be revealed in april doesn't mean it's going to come out anytime soon. it could very well be the third installment but is not going to be released until much later. there is usually a 1.5-2 year wait until the third installment is released in Japan (1.5 for Japan-to-Japan release, 2 for US-to-US release for R/S/E). if you consider that D/P has been revealed about 1.5 years before the Japan release, it only seems reasonable to assume that it could very well be the third installment.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 16th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I think it is going to be a remake of GS because alot of people always wanted to see that game with better graphics, it also has the best gameplay in my opinion

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

ss5vegeta
March 16th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Yes please please be GSC remakes!!

It's to soon for the 3rd installment Emerald came out 2 years after R/S but FR/LG came out only 1 year after, D/P came out last year in Japan.

Ho-Oh and Lugia!!!!!!! I want some 4th gen legends in it.

Heatran and the psychic thing that runs of (not one of the psychic trios.)

Midnight Beat
March 16th, 2007, 07:44 AM
So if it is a GSC remake, would it be for gba or DS

ChrisG14
March 16th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Yes please please be GSC remakes!!

It's to soon for the 3rd installment Emerald came out 2 years after R/S but FR/LG came out only 1 year after, D/P came out last year in Japan.

Ho-Oh and Lugia!!!!!!! I want some 4th gen legends in it.

Heatran and the psychic thing that runs of (not one of the psychic trios.)

What do the 4th Gen Legends have to do with the 2nd Gen? You can get them in Diamond/Pearl.

I really want a G/S/C remake. It definatly would make it easier to get all of the Pokemon without buying extra games and cables I just don't have the money for. And who wouldn't love to see Kanto in DS graphics? You could get a G/S/C remake with a Kanto remake as well. It's killing 2 birds with one stone. And when the 5th Gen comes out in a couple of years, we might get a R/S/E remake on whatever the new handheld system is going to be.

ss5vegeta
March 16th, 2007, 07:53 AM
What do the 4th Gen Legends have to do with the 2nd Gen? You can get them in Diamond/Pearl.

I really want a G/S/C remake. It definatly would make it easier to get all of the Pokemon without buying extra games and cables I just don't have the money for. And who wouldn't love to see Kanto in DS graphics? You could get a G/S/C remake with a Kanto remake as well. It's killing 2 birds with one stone. And when the 5th Gen comes out in a couple of years, we might get a R/S/E remake on whatever the new handheld system is going to be.

It would be a good extra to catch 4th gen legends.

And do you see the paradox with remaking R/S/E for 5th gen? That means that they would have to remake FR/LG 5th gen then D/P and G/S for 6th gen then re-re-remake FR/LG for 7th and and re-remake R/S/E for 7th gen as well. etc.

martijn
March 16th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I don't think it'll be a GSC remake (not that I wouldn't want one) but a new spin-off. The reason I'm saying this is because I got a strange sort of feeling that Nintendo is trying to forget/ignore GSC for some reason... Can't explain that feeling exactly.

Haowakeorden
March 16th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Somehow, it seems unlikely to me that the new game will be a Generation II remake. But Pokémon officials have acknowledged that many people do want one.

Hopefully, it will be the Generation II remake or another main game installment. Otherwise, I most likely wouldn't buy it.

Samson
March 16th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I don't think it'll be a GSC remake (not that I wouldn't want one) but a new spin-off. The reason I'm saying this is because I got a strange sort of feeling that Nintendo is trying to forget/ignore GSC for some reason... Can't explain that feeling exactly.

yeah, i have that same feeling... why? because everything that was introduced in G/S/C is now in D/P. why else would they put suicune, entei and raikou in FR/LG along with Ho-Oh and Lugia?

ChrisG14
March 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
It would be a good extra to catch 4th gen legends.

And do you see the paradox with remaking R/S/E for 5th gen? That means that they would have to remake FR/LG 5th gen then D/P and G/S for 6th gen then re-re-remake FR/LG for 7th and and re-remake R/S/E for 7th gen as well. etc.

No, it would just be one remake for each. R/B got their remake, and I think G/S/C should get theirs. Maybe R/S/E shouldn't get remade, and that's fine. And a re-remake of R/B wouldn't make sense. You would have already gotten that in the G/S/C remake, so another R/B remake would be unnessecary.

I'm just saying that it's a gap that needs to be filled. "The original games were good enough for a remake, but not the 2nd Generation. Oh no! No one wants to see Johto anymore, people hated it!" :tired:

ss5vegeta
March 16th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Even though clearly everone loved it

Haowakeorden
March 16th, 2007, 03:46 PM
why else would they put suicune, entei and raikou in FR/LG along with Ho-Oh and Lugia?Do you know how difficult and long-winded it is to obtain all three Legendary Beasts in FireRed and LeafGreen? I'll let you research that yourself.

Ho-Oh and Lugia were not obtainable in any of the main RPGs without events. You had to buy an entire separate console and two games for that console (plus the required accessories), and complete many quests in those two games just to be able to transfer those two Pokémon to the main RPGs.

Colbat
March 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I hope it is a remake of G/S/C!!!! That would be awesome!!! Though it probably isn't because you can already get all of the Johto Pokemon between the games...

GymLeaderLance99
March 16th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Well, I'm hoping it's a G/S/C remake, since that was my favorite generation. Heck, I'd be happy if they even remade Crystal, since it was my favorite of the 3 games. ^_^ But somehow, I doubt it'll be a remake. I mean, if they were going to release a G/S/C remake, why announce it about 1-3 years after FR/LG/E came out?

Still, I have high hopes for this...

SuperDeoxys
March 16th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Maybe not GS remake cause it's kinda late for that

Samson
March 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Do you know how difficult and long-winded it is to obtain all three Legendary Beasts in FireRed and LeafGreen? I'll let you research that yourself.

Ho-Oh and Lugia were not obtainable in any of the main RPGs without events. You had to buy an entire separate console and two games for that console (plus the required accessories), and complete many quests in those two games just to be able to transfer those two Pokémon to the main RPGs.

it doesn't matter how hard it is to get them, they are STILL in the game... they didn't just randomly think "hey, let's put the second generation legendaries into the first generation remakes". they obviously put them in there for a reason. they also wouldn't have randomly thought "hey, let's put the second generation legendaries into the first generation remakes and make it hard to obtain them so that people will DEFINITELY buy the second generation remakes". that's just silly.

they WANT fans to come to Nintendo Events because that's where promotion is at its maximum. they WANT fans to buy more than one cartridge for each generation... the Legendary Beasts dilemma surely expedite the purchase of multiple cartridges because some fans will NOT want to start over just to get an Entei the next round. it's a business, and making a G/S/C remake would only hinder the current focus of GameFreak.

Midnight Beat
March 16th, 2007, 07:27 PM
it doesn't matter how hard it is to get them, they are STILL in the game... they didn't just randomly think "hey, let's put the second generation legendaries into the first generation remakes". they obviously put them in there for a reason. they also wouldn't have randomly thought "hey, let's put the second generation legendaries into the first generation remakes and make it hard to obtain them so that people will DEFINITELY buy the second generation remakes". that's just silly.

they WANT fans to come to Nintendo Events because that's where promotion is at its maximum. they WANT fans to buy more than one cartridge for each generation... the Legendary Beasts dilemma surely expedite the purchase of multiple cartridges because some fans will NOT want to start over just to get an Entei the next round. it's a business, and making a G/S/C remake would only hinder the current focus of GameFreak.

Sadly he's probably right. It's all about the $$$$$. :disappoin

Gary, the Magic Fairy
March 16th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I hope it's a GS remake, though I doubt that would be it. It did say 'game' not 'games'. Eh, maybe it'll be crystal remake, or something.

If it isn't, I want pokemon snap for the Wii.

Harmony
March 16th, 2007, 07:56 PM
yea i heard about it
i hope it isnt another puzzle game i hate those
or the mystery dungeon thing
maybe it will be a Yellow remake

Shiny Umbreon
March 16th, 2007, 08:05 PM
What you say makes sense. It's like too soon for another game. (Though I didn't understand 'The Colosseum of this generation', isn't it PBR?)

But it doesn't make sense that a GSC remake is gong to be out. Why would Nintendo do it? Johto Pokémon are already in FR/LG and E, and in D/P you can get ALL the Pokémon except the starters and legends from previous generations. GS wouldn't fit at all. It's impossible, well for all us, there's a very little hope that it is a GSC remake, but it's more likely to be another boring spin-off (like Dash)

Harmony
March 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
What you say makes sense. It's like too soon for another game. (Though I didn't understand 'The Colosseum of this generation', isn't it PBR?)

But it doesn't make sense that a GSC remake is gong to be out. Why would Nintendo do it? Johto Pokémon are already in FR/LG and E, and in D/P you can get ALL the Pokémon except the starters and legends from previous generations. GS wouldn't fit at all. It's impossible, well for all us, there's a very little hope that it is a GSC remake, but it's more likely to be another boring spin-off (like Dash)

pbr is only a game that the d/p pkmn trainers can battle in 3D
so basically you dont have any adventure you just battle on it
(its why i dont want it )

and i hope its not dash or any of those boring games

SuperDeoxys
March 16th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Also it's abit early to annuonce a game already.
But what i know it's for Wii or DS

Dudedude
March 17th, 2007, 12:04 AM
G/S/C Remake is STILL Likely, samson...You're Right, Nintendo is all about the money, but they know that if they release a G/S/C Remake, they are going to get loads of Money that they may even be able to make a better event and earn EVEN more money.

Turtwig1991
March 17th, 2007, 04:22 AM
I hope its a GSC remake, but to tell you the truth, I hope its a game where you can play in all the regions, kinda like ash's journey

Haowakeorden
March 17th, 2007, 07:17 AM
it doesn't matter how hard it is to get them, they are STILL in the game... they didn't just randomly think "hey, let's put the second generation legendaries into the first generation remakes". they obviously put them in there for a reason. they also wouldn't have randomly thought "hey, let's put the second generation legendaries into the first generation remakes and make it hard to obtain them so that people will DEFINITELY buy the second generation remakes". that's just silly.They put them in there for a reason to earn more money. But people do not want to spend so much money on that; it would be much cheaper to buy a Generation II remake. Think about it:
To get all Generation II Legendaries, you will need, at least (all in CAD):
Game Boy Advance - $60
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire - $25
Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen - $25
GameCube - $100
Pokémon XD - $35
Pokémon Colosseum - $35
Total: $280 CAD

If a Generation II remake were to be released for the Nintendo DS:
Nintendo DS (not Lite) - $140
Generation II remake: $45-
Total: $185- CAD

There is at least a $95 CAD difference, in favour of the Generation II remake.

Maybe you're just rich and have a lot of time on your hands? My parents are extremely cheap, and even though they claim to be richer than the average Canadian family, we don't have much high-end technology. We only switched to 256K Internet because our provider discontinued 56K, and 256K was the next cheapest.

they WANT fans to come to Nintendo Events because that's where promotion is at its maximum.Then why is it that only four out of the ten provinces and three territories of Canada can even have access to events? And even then, they're only in the locations in those provinces that have more people. All of the other provinces are completely neglected; not even a single event in Winnipeg, Canada's seventh largest municipality, ninth largest urban area, and eighth largest metropolitan area.

they WANT fans to buy more than one cartridge for each generation... the Legendary Beasts dilemma surely expedite the purchase of multiple cartridges because some fans will NOT want to start over just to get an Entei the next round. it's a business, and making a G/S/C remake would only hinder the current focus of GameFreak.You're making it sound as though no one would buy the Generation II remakes if they made them. Look at Pokémon Emerald. It was rated quite poorly compared to Ruby and Sapphire, yet it is the third or so best-selling Game Boy Advance game of all time, after Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen. People called it "recycled" and all that. I certainly think Emerald was somewhat of a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, yet I would buy it once they drop the price down.

typeZERO
March 17th, 2007, 12:32 PM
If a Generation II remake were to be released for the Nintendo DS:
Nintendo DS (not Lite) - $140
Generation II remake: $45-
Total: $185- CAD

There is at least a $95 CAD difference, in favour of the Generation II remake.

Yeah but what if it were for the gba? It would be ALOT more cheaper then. Because I know some people in my neighborhood that dont own a DS or anything. About 95% of the kids here dont even have a DS but only the GBA.

Absolitude
March 17th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I'm in favor of a new knock-off game. I don't really like them, but they do offer some level of entertainment. And if they made it to come out before d/p we would have something to do. Even though it's all about the Benjamin's, they still look out for us a little. I just hope that they don't make it too expensive. I only have enough money to pre-order diamond right now. >.<

Midnight Beat
March 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I just had an idea. :shocked: What if it is a game that takes place in the battle frontier but instead of the emerald version battle frontier it would be more like the show.

Haowakeorden
March 17th, 2007, 01:10 PM
It would be ALOT more cheaper then. Because I know some people in my neighborhood that dont own a DS or anything. About 95% of the kids here dont even have a DS but only the GBA.I'll say one thing, it's almost impossible that a Game Boy Advance Pokémon game will be released now. The Nintendo DS has been out since 2004, so it's already about three years old. And already, a few DS Pokémon games have been released. Look at what happened with Ruby, Sapphire, and Pokémon Card GB2.

Pokémon Card GB2 was made for the Game Boy Color and released in 2001, but due to the Game Boy Advance becoming popular (it had been released in 2001 as well), the game was never released outside Japan. This was the last Game Boy Color Pokémon game to ever be released.
Two years later, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire were released for the Game Boy Advance, with no compatibility whatsoever with Generation II, which were Game Boy Color games.

Innagadadavida
March 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Why is everybody so choked up about a remake? That's one of the things I always disliked about Nintendo, they release as many remakes as they do original material. I, for one, hope it's NOT a remake, rather, a new game. I wanna play some new stuff. I want to get play a story where I don't already know what's coming. Remakes are BORING, and usually never as good as the original.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 17th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I totally agree with you. It's stupid to think it's the third DP game, lol, when DP isn't even out officially yet in America.

I certainly hope it's the remake. Man oh man, if it is I'm going to scream of joy for a week non-stop. I've been waiting for this forever, and I mean forever. Holy mackarel. Plus I really want to start with Chikorita for once in my life. I never played GSC. When I became a Pokémon fan, RS was out and I bought those, and once I got used to those graphics, it was impossible for me to play GSC and/or RBY. =/

So I sure hope it's the remake, and omg, for the DS. <3

EDIT: Huh? Forum links not allowed? I don't see no forums link. Why shouldn't we discuss it? It's just another Pokemon forums, anyway. It's not like he's advertising. Jeez. O_o
The original forum link which I removed said "Discuss it here: <link to a forum thread>", so as per community policies, I removed it.

Jude Mathis
March 17th, 2007, 02:42 PM
It is a little too early to talk about releasing a new game... I mean, sure its cool, but it came a little too fast.

I hope its the GSC remake... but I also believe that it could be the third game to D/P.
>> ... I wonder what it would be called.

Gummy
March 17th, 2007, 04:38 PM
What if they get all your hopes down and it's a FR/LG remake lol

Aqua Blue perhaps?

Dudedude
March 17th, 2007, 07:37 PM
That will make me sue Nintendo once and for all....

Harmony
March 17th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Aqua Blue perhaps?

or a yellow remake
combination aof blu and yellow
bluethunder ?
yurs sounds better :)

I hope its a GSC remake, but to tell you the truth, I hope its a game where you can play in all the regions, kinda like ash's journey

i think they are gonna save that 1 for last (when ash has completed his journey )

Barker
March 17th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I'd prefer a console RPG to be honest.

rpgdude
March 17th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I would have to say that the best one...in my opinion would be a Yellow remake. That game is so good! I'm still playing it now by the way.

Yellow FTW!

Dudedude
March 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM
ThunderYellow..sounds gd but..the only thing worth in that is seeing Pikachu walking behind u and also the ability to get al startrs.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 17th, 2007, 11:51 PM
What benefits would leverage from playing Yellow on a Nintendo DS?

Dudedude
March 18th, 2007, 12:31 AM
That was wad I was trying to say...only nice stuff are the pokemon behind you and starters...so that is indeed pointless.

ss5vegeta
March 18th, 2007, 05:32 AM
A Yellow remake would be the 2nd best choice (Lightning Yellow) we know there will eventually be a 3rd D/P.

Bliksem
March 18th, 2007, 10:25 AM
The GSC remake everyone seems to be harping on is probably never going to come. D/P has too many Pokemon availible in it for there to be any notion of another game complimenting it. It'd be like taking a step backwards. FRLG was there to accent RSE, by offering the full compliment of Pokemon availible at the time. DP does that by itself (with some connections required from the earlier generations), though it'd be silly to think that there wouldn't be an event or future game that allows people obtain versions of those exclusive Pokemon.

I predict a spin-off game.

Haowakeorden
March 18th, 2007, 10:44 AM
The GSC remake everyone seems to be harping on is probably never going to come.Not even in Generation V and on? That's just being pessimistic.

D/P has too many Pokemon availible in it for there to be any notion of another game complimenting it. It'd be like taking a step backwards.What do those two sentences have to do with each other?

FRLG was there to accent RSE, by offering the full compliment of Pokemon availible at the time. DP does that by itself (with some connections required from the earlier generations),Do you even know how difficult it is to obtain all of the Generation II Legendaries and starters in Generation III? And do you know that it's not that easy to obtain many previous-Generation Pokémon in only Diamond and Pearl either? And there's no known way to trade back to Generation III from Generation IV.

though it'd be silly to think that there wouldn't be an event or future game that allows people obtain versions of those exclusive Pokemon.And what better idea for a future game to be a GENERATION II REMAKE?

ss5vegeta
March 18th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Yellow and Crystal were made with no new pokemon added, so G/S remake dosent have to be about adding pokemon, the games were fun and many fans and new comers would love to play them.

The games sold well so they will again, and it would make Pokemon more easier to catch.

Bliksem
March 18th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Not even in Generation V and on? That's just being pessimistic.

What do those two sentences have to do with each other?

Do you even know how difficult it is to obtain all of the Generation II Legendaries and starters in Generation III? And do you know that it's not that easy to obtain many previous-Generation Pokémon in only Diamond and Pearl either? And there's no known way to trade back to Generation III from Generation IV.

And what better idea for a future game to be a GENERATION II REMAKE?
If you're going to pick my paragraph apart, so be it. The second sentence was backed by the third.

Honestly, I don't care how *difficult* it is for you to capture all the Pokemon. I had coloseum and thus didn't *bother* getting any of the legendary 2nd gen Pokemon in FRLG. Not that it matters, through XD and Coloseum, I have Raikou, Entei and Suicune; Ho-Oh and Lugia. I went to the JAA and got Celebi. I have all the unobtainable Pokemon.

I'm not one to play a game strictly for collecting (I've yet to complete a Pokedex), but honestly, it doesn't matter. I have what I want, and what I had was obtainable.

Nintendo wants to make money. That is its primary goal. The reason for splitting RSE and FRLG was two-fold; to force people to use Pokemon outside what they were used to, and to force people to buy more merchandise. This isn't possible with DP because DP already offers a near-full compliment of Pokemon. There is no possible way to accent it in a positive way (besides the move tutors that the third installment of the fourth gen will offer).

If you look at the progression of availible Pokemon, fourth gen is to third gen as second gen is to first gen. Look at the games. GSC had the near full compliment of Pokemon in it, using RBY just to collect a remaining 10% or so. Likewise, DP has about 90% of all availible Pokemon on it, the rest gained through the (more expansive) third gen.

So what does that mean? It means, simply put, that a GSC is implausible merely because it wouldn't offer anything besides nostalgia. FRLG succeeded there because not only was it the beginning, but it offered another ~170 Pokemon for use, the rest coming from Emerald. A second gen remake has no such advantage. There would be no DP Pokemon; heck, there wouldn't be any RSE Pokemon. You'd drop from over 400 Pokemon in a game to just 200, and with no real rationale behind it.

The best idea, fyi, would be the third installment and events, just as it has always been.

For those tl;dr: A GSC remake is implausible because it would be a massive step back.

Yellow and Crystal, and Emerald by association, are third installment games. They are part of the Pokemon tradition. FRLG are anomalities, ones that shouldn't be expected.

I honestly don't see why people want to take such a step back instead of progressing forward. If Pokemon repeats in this manner, you'll have a remake of an old game alongside every new generation. This will be ultimately self-destructive as people will begin to question Game Freak's (and Nintendo by association) creativity and skill.

Dudedude
March 18th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Quoting someone I now who said this...

" AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!"

That was for all those saying no GSC Remkake because every single pokemon is now capturable. I bet they are the ones who are rich enough to buy the GC Games and also go to events.....

Once again, to slap some sense into the obviously lacking brains of some of u guys.

" AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!"

People want a remake find..just dun spoil thier mood, saying there won't be one...

RYOUKI
March 18th, 2007, 11:55 PM
i really wish that it's the remake of G/S/C and its on gameboy, and can trade to FR/LG and R/S/E

Roxie Mika
March 19th, 2007, 05:07 AM
That was for all those saying no GSC Remkake because every single pokemon is now capturable. I bet they are the ones who are rich enough to buy the GC Games and also go to events.....

Once again, to slap some sense into the obviously lacking brains of some of u guys.

"AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!"

Okay, now this is a fine example of "obviously lacking brains"...

ONE. At least the people who have said "no GSC Remkake because every single pokemon is now capturable" have provided reasons, made points to their arguments... and then you say "AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!" For one thing, Bliksem has said "I'm not one to play a game strictly for collecting (I've yet to complete a Pokedex), but honestly, it doesn't matter. I have what I want, and what I had was obtainable." Completing the Pokedex is a SIDE QUEST, and most people here, I'm sure, play the game to have fun! Also, about "ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAMEFREAK", Nintendo wants to make money. That is its primary goal.
So, basically you're just proving his and others' points and then some. Congrats.

TWO. Remember how G/S/C had Kanto in it? And remember how FR/LG was a remake of Generation I, which is Kanto? Kanto is over half the game in G/S/C! Johto is too short a region to be had alone without some MAJOR additions. And here comes another reason why Nintendo and GameFreak won't work on a G/S/C remake:

Having two Pokemon games on the market with Kanto in them (FR/LG and the G/S/C remake) will ruin sales for one or the other, and possibly both.

I really hope you're getting the picture now.

Ciervo Volante
March 19th, 2007, 06:01 AM
As much as I'd love a GS remake, I highly doubt that's what it is. I'm guessing it's the third 4th generation game, or a spin-off.

I'd certainly love Nintendo if it was a 4th generation Mystery Dungeon game. XD

Myzou
March 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I'm kinda hoping it's a G/S remake, but all in one, kind of like crystal, but with all johto pokemon and stuff. =P

Lil-Dill
March 19th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Yea. I agree with Myzou. But what will the sprites look like? Thats my biggest concern aswell as how far will the game be played-will it be longer than before or shorter-.

But I really hope tht there will be a GSC remake cuz im sure it will be so great.

munchlax2006
March 19th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I realy hope it"s a g/s remake they were my first games they rock!

Dsaerno
March 19th, 2007, 01:48 PM
If this new game is a GBA game, (which is unlikely since all the GC games have all been discontinued, why not GBA?), maybe it will have massive connectivity with D/P, though the DS's two ports. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming.

Honestly, I believe it's going to be one of three things-

Possibility 1 - A spin-off like Dash or Mystery Dungeon. Pardon me if I offend, but they are nothing like the other, traditional Pokemon RPGs. I own Ranger and MD Blue. I like Ranger for one reason and one reason only - Manaphy! I'm a collector at heart... MD is ok, it's just boring to me. And Dash I am proud to say I do not own. Yuck!

Possibility 2 - No, not a GSC remake, but some kind of GSC 'revamped version'. Remember the reason for Fr/Lg? There was no linkability between the Gameboy and the Gameboy Advance. That's why Fire Red and Leaf Green were concieved. So this revamp needs, or will be lacking in, new Pokemon to trade. Bringing older players back with nostalgia is only an added bonus in Nintendo's eyes. See, here at the PokemonCommunity, we are mostly big-time Pokefans. But what % do you think we make up in the sales? At most - 49%. That means, at least, 51% of the profits are provided by either new gamers (physically young or new to Pokemon) and casual Pokemon players. There are thousands upon thousands of them, and only hundreds of us. Making a GSC remake simply for the sake of playing in Johto again seems stupid when you think about it. Nintendo would only capture the 49% of players - the ones interested enough or those that played GSC way back 7, 8 years ago. If this new game is to suceed, it must either surpass D/P in greatness or side-step it. Therefore, this game has two possibilities in itself (making the grand total 3).

Possibility 2a - A nostalgic, story-completed game meant for older gamers that doesn't compete with D/P. By story completed I mean that all the loose ends in all past games will be tied. I noticed in Fire Red that a Rocket scientist said that Giovanni's child (!) has red hair (!!). The rival from GSC is Giovanni's kid!!! This is what I mean. Loose ends.

Possibility 2b - (this is the least likely but the biggest $$ maker and the hardest to do) A new twist on the game, with new everything, a new way to play (like how Contests were introduced) or NEW Pokemon. I know, yeah right. I never said it was likely. But if it happens, people will buy the game like crazy.

I am happy with D/P coming. I will be content when I have my DS in my hands, put the game card in slowly theatrically, and play Diamond for the first time. I'll have someone else near with a phone ready to call 911 if my heart stops. Okay, not really. I'll just sit back, play Diamond, and wait for the future to reach me. That said, a GSC revamp seems very possible. Who knows?

Ninja Monkey
March 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm kinda hoping it's a G/S remake, but all in one, kind of like crystal, but with all johto pokemon and stuff. =P
I hope so too, but it's probably going to be some crappy spinoff...

Bliksem
March 19th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Possibility 2b is impossible. If the game had new Pokemon, it wouldn't be able to connect with D/P at all (a major blow to the series and company). I say this because we've seen *all* the Pokemon D/P have. The game's data has been hacked to shreads. In RS, all 386 Pokemon were encoded, even though only 200 were availible. In DP, there are only 500 encoded Pokemon (two are eggs (plain and Manaphy's), three are the special forms of Deoxys, and two are the alternate forms of Wormadam.

EDIT: It appears that the new game may be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, confirmed to be in development by Chunsoft. I hope so. Mystery Dungeon was a lot of fun, if repetitious.

ss5vegeta
March 20th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Sorry guys the new game was...

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Unless they will release a diffrent game in Coro Coro April 14th.

But the 1st one was so crap and kiddy.

Midnight Beat
March 20th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Sorry guys the new game was...

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Unless they will release a diffrent game in Coro Coro April 14th.

But the 1st one was so crap and kiddy.

That really sucks, Mystery Dungeon was ok but I didn't like it enought to go out and buy a sequal.

ss5vegeta
March 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
It still might not be the game to be revealed by Coro Coro.

And I agree with your sig.

Midnight Beat
March 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
It still might not be the game to be revealed by Coro Coro.

And I agree with your sig.

Hopefully it isn't.

Thanks for the sig comment, it was origanally written by Mooshykris.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
March 20th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Oh, MD2... *cries*

Eh, I didn't think it was a GS remake. At least it isn't a useless spinoff, like the puzzle games. and maybe they'll throw in a free legendary like they did with ranger, or something.

I guess I'm slightly happy.

Jude Mathis
March 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Aqua Blue perhaps?

xDD

Not that they ever would, at least so soon... but if they seriously did, I'd have to hurt something. Lol...
Wow... FR/LG remake... xD

Forci Stikane
March 21st, 2007, 05:03 PM
That really sucks, Mystery Dungeon was ok but I didn't like it enought to go out and buy a sequal.

Well, there were a couple loose ends...and if this version has Wi-Fi then it might be a major improvement...

Imagine EVERYONE on here coming together to form a massive rescue team!

(I'll have to take that line from your sig now...)

Ausaudriel
March 21st, 2007, 05:22 PM
Hm.. was the first Mystery Dungeon any good? I never played it. O_o

Anyway, as much as I'd love a G/S remake, I don't see it happening. Though I could be (and hope I am) wrong.

As a side note, I'd really like a Pokemon Box: Diamond & Pearl.

AC
March 21st, 2007, 05:27 PM
I really hope it is a GSC remake. That was probably my favorite generation of Pokemon games. *cross-fingers* Please remake GSC =)

Captain Arcane
March 21st, 2007, 11:55 PM
I'm the kinda guy who plays the waiting game with these sort of situations, so whatever happens happens, I'm just gonna buy it whithin the first week it comes out.

RYOUKI
March 22nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
well i wish they had G/S/C remake
but mystery dungeon is cool too
but i really love the G/S/C remake aww
so disapointing

ss5vegeta
March 22nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
I think Dundeon 2 has Wi Fi, it was confirmed.

And how does wi fi work? how would we all link up?

piplupbetterthanturwigandchimchar
March 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
I believe that it is Mystery Dungeon 2

Skymin
March 22nd, 2007, 12:41 PM
Hrm, a Mystery Dungeon 2 would be good, but not all that fantastic

Like others, I too hope it's a GS remake, as then a LOT of people can complete the pokedex on all games and GS pokemon can be transferred into D/P!

Lol, April 14th...

That's my birthday!

Absolitude
March 22nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
I think i'll sign up with GameFly so i can play MD, and MD 2. I don't want to buy it and then when i do i think it's horrible and never play it. (happened to me about 4 times) I will most likely be buying it if it's pretty cheap and ok, but if it's great i won't mind spending a little extra moolah. =D

piplupbetterthanturwigandchimchar
March 22nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
I really hope it is a GSC remake. That was probably my favorite generation of Pokemon games. *cross-fingers* Please remake GSC =)

I hate to tell you, but if you go to serebii, on the front page in the news it says that the magazine announced MD2. Sorry to tell ya. I was hoping for a remake of g/s.

Ninja Monkey
March 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
I hate to tell you, but if you go to serebii, on the front page in the news it says that the magazine announced MD2. Sorry to tell ya. I was hoping for a remake of g/s.
Hot off the presses, today in a Japanese Magazine, it was confirmed that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 is in development by Chunsoft again. This game is likely to feature all 493 of the Pokémon that are currently out. Gameplay is set to get a slight overhaul and it is unsure whether it'll be two versioned again like the previous version. This game also is set to have WiFi features. Could this be the game CoroCoro was talking about? Stay here for more news and hopefully complete confirmation soon
It doesn't actually say that it's the one CoroCoro was announcing, but it probably is. Poor CoroCoro got their story stolen.

Skymin
March 23rd, 2007, 02:31 AM
Oh, so it's confirmed it is MD2?

Hrm, they should make it so you can trade between the 2, or some sort of connection

Although, it probably won't be called "Mystery Dungeon 2" maybe some different other than the Mystery, or the Dungeon like "Mystery City?" or "Treasure Dungeon?"

Lol, very dodgey names from me x3

I'm gonna check out serebii.net after this

EDIT: I found this at pe2k.com, If it has been already posted, please remind me and I'll take it away x3

A poster on the NeoGAF forum listed some of the major Japanese magazine news. Among the news was a sequel to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

New Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon
- Second Chunsoft x Pokemon project
- Slightly different format
- There's probably be 2 versions
- Story will be enhanced
- Will support Wifi

The obvious speculation is that the game might feature all 493 Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl (since the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon had all 386 Pokemon available), but of course, that's just speculation at this point since the available information from the original poster mentioned nothing to that effect. Though it is a good guess, one that will likely be true.

As many of you may recall, CoroCoro (a Japanese gaming magazine) announced that they will reveal a new Pokemon game in their May issue (due out on April 15, 2007). It's unknown if the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel is the one they're talking about. It might be the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon sequel, or it might be another Pokemon game that will be featured in the May issue. We'll just have wait and see.

Pazuzu
March 23rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
Well, since this isn't a D/P followup, as it has been announced on many sources by now, I'll move it over to the DS-Game forum, which would be the better fitting place.

~moved~

SuperDeoxys
March 31st, 2007, 04:42 PM
Ok ok, I've seen in some forums they made fake pics of it so they can teick you that it's the new game!

Animehero
March 31st, 2007, 05:47 PM
You guys aren't proving me that this is a very smart forum. The new game will be revealed in April. It's still March! PMD2 was revealed this month! So there's still a chance for the G/S/C remake, though not likely. I'm hoping for an MMO for the PC! A huge RPG, traveling through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Fiore, Orre, Sinnoh, battling trainers from all around, catching all the pokemon, battling in gyms, yearly league tournaments, it'd be awesome!

Midnight Beat
March 31st, 2007, 07:04 PM
You guys aren't proving me that this is a very smart forum. The new game will be revealed in April. It's still March! PMD2 was revealed this month! So there's still a chance for the G/S/C remake, though not likely. I'm hoping for an MMO for the PC! A huge RPG, traveling through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Fiore, Orre, Sinnoh, battling trainers from all around, catching all the pokemon, battling in gyms, yearly league tournaments, it'd be awesome!

It's an idea but I wouldn't get you hopes up.

Forci Stikane
April 1st, 2007, 06:46 AM

...I'll just ignore the irony of that first statement and move on to the rest of it.

The idea is that CoroCoro was supposed to talk about a new game. It COULD be MD2, for all we know, and the information we have now just leaked before their next issue.

As for a MMO, I think not. For one thing, have you EVER seen a Pokemon RPG for the PC? NO. Why not? Because it is a Nintendo product. Of course you're not going to see Nintendo release a game from one of their series for the PC (again, a bit of irony here...). The best you could see would be some sort of follow-up game to Pokemon Battle Revolution with just SOME of the features you mentioned.