PDA

View Full Version : ash new firetype ?

Harmony
March 16th, 2007, 08:04 PM
most of us have seen ashes pokemon and all he is missing is his water and fire type
Rumors are going around that buizel will be his water type.
but what about fire ?
if you look at the pokedex http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml
magmotar and the chimchar gen. are the only new fire types
since ashes rival has a elekid i think he will catch magby (since it has a new full evolution)

Shiny Umbreon
March 16th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I think this thread would be better in 'Pokémon TV Shows and Movies', I'll tell somebody.

Harmony
March 16th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I think this thread would be better in 'Pokémon TV Shows and Movies', I'll tell somebody.

thanks i was confused and didnt know which to put it in :)

Samson
March 16th, 2007, 08:22 PM
are maybe his stupid aipom will learn a fire move XD

i hate that thing =/

Pazuzu
March 17th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Things related to the anime usually fit in best in the TV Shows forum.
Quite easy to remember. ;)

~moved~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 17th, 2007, 06:05 AM
are maybe his stupid aipom will learn a fire move XD

i hate that thing =/

Yea thats what I think I hate that Aipom also, its annoying I can see why you dislike it

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Myzou
March 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM
I already see his Aipom evolving into Ambipom...

But on track, I think he will pull Cyndaquil out of Prof. Oak's lab at one point or another.

Harmony
March 17th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Things related to the anime usually fit in best in the TV Shows forum.
Quite easy to remember. ;)

~moved~ thanks again

I already see his Aipom evolving into Ambipom...

But on track, I think he will pull Cyndaquil out of Prof. Oak's lab at one point or another.
i dont think so because that would be weird to have 1 of his past region pokemon with his new region pokemon on this whole new season
..then again maybe not idk
what i really think he is going to catch a firetype that was on a previous region

Ayano Katagiri
March 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Rumors are going around that buizel will be his water type.
It is also possible that Buizeru will be Hikari's second water type. From what I saw, the 10th movie poster seems to show Buizeru closer to Hikari than Ash. One of them will get it.

Harmony
March 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
It is also possible that Buizeru will be Hikari's second water type. From what I saw, the 10th movie poster seems to show Buizeru closer to Hikari than Ash. One of them will get it.

yea but on the poster it also show'd starvaria/mukkubird closer to hikari ;)
so its an either or situation lol :)

Ayano Katagiri
March 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Meh.. we'll find out. But I like the idea of a Cynda return. That would then make it just awesome!

Harmony
March 17th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Meh.. we'll find out. But I like the idea of a Cynda return. That would then make it just awesome!

yes!!
thats why i said idk ,cyndaquil -quilava (one of my fav.s)

:disappoin only time will tell .....

Myzou
March 18th, 2007, 09:29 AM
YOu have to take into account, magmortar, heatran (legendary) and the chimchar line are the only new pokemon, and pictures serebii revealed a few months back proved that chimchar will be one of brock's pokemon...

The fire pokemon one of the main characters doesnt have/didnt have are as follows: (This includes team rocket)
Ponyta
Magby (I could actually see this, to offset his rivals elekid...)
Slugma
Numel

So, from that logic, he'll either get a Slugma, Numel, Ponyta, Magby or pull cyndaquil out of oaks IF he does get a fire pokemon. Or Torkoal, which I doubt, as he used him a while =p I didn't count the evolved forms of pokemon in that list, because ash rarely catches evolved pokemon, besides Pidgeotto, Noctowl, Muk, and Primeape. (Not counting snorlax, as he was caught before munchlax was known =P) I also didn't count flareon, as ash isn't the type to force an eevee to evolve, and we've seen many trainers with flareon that are his friends xD

Harmony
March 18th, 2007, 01:41 PM
YOu have to take into account, magmortar, heatran (legendary) and the chimchar line are the only new pokemon, and pictures serebii revealed a few months back proved that chimchar will be one of brock's pokemon...

The fire pokemon one of the main characters doesnt have/didnt have are as follows: (This includes team rocket)
Ponyta
Magby (I could actually see this, to offset his rivals elekid...)
Slugma
Numel

So, from that logic, he'll either get a Slugma, Numel, Ponyta, Magby or pull cyndaquil out of oaks IF he does get a fire pokemon. Or Torkoal, which I doubt, as he used him a while =p I didn't count the evolved forms of pokemon in that list, because ash rarely catches evolved pokemon, besides Pidgeotto, Noctowl, Muk, and Primeape. (Not counting snorlax, as he was caught before munchlax was known =P) I also didn't count flareon, as ash isn't the type to force an eevee to evolve, and we've seen many trainers with flareon that are his friends xD
yep i agree with the magby thing !
im kinda hoping that he will catch a magby (i just dont like his magmar stage)

Miss Reyna
March 18th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I am thinking it be something like Magmortar since that is the only avaiable fire pokemon that there is.

There is the chance that Ash's Sinnoh rivil my just release his chimchar and Ash may get it which is something simlar when Ash got charmander. That is something that I think could happen. Still I don't really like any of the new fire pokemon but just some ideas.

Harmony
March 18th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I am thinking it be something like Magmortar since that is the only avaiable fire pokemon that there is.

There is the chance that Ash's Sinnoh rivil my just release his chimchar and Ash may get it which is something simlar when Ash got charmander. That is something that I think could happen. Still I don't really like any of the new fire pokemon but just some ideas.

i doubt that he will because chimchar has lost a lot of battles for him but he kept it
which he didnt even give those chances for his other ones (plus it was his starter )

Myzou
March 18th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Read above =p Brock was confirmed a long time ago to be the one with chimchar =P Kinda like the last season, May = Torchic, Ash = Treecko, Brock = Mudkip. But you're right, Shinji will probably release it, and brock will protect it from team rocket or something, and it will decide to go with brock xD

spike6958
March 19th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Ash could also get Charizard as it is still his pokemon and is only training.
Also i hope if one of them does get Chimchar, when it evloves it becomes like charmelon and Charizard where when they first evolved. and if brock gets him it will be after bonsly evolves into Sudowudo

Harmony
March 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
they released the names HIKAR= DAWN AND SHINJI=PAUL (ID RATHER MARY (FOR THE M GIRLS) AND SHANE FOR SHINJI LOOK HERE WWW.SEREBII.NET [/COLOR]
id rather them keep things as they are
instead of going through all that trouble making chimchar pauls starter pokemon, they might as well made brock catch one
but anyway we are going off topic
i wonder...

Ash could also get Charizard as it is still his pokemon and is only training.
Also i hope if one of them does get Chimchar, when it evloves it becomes like charmelon and Charizard where when they first evolved. and if brock gets him it will be after bonsly evolves into Sudowudo
in japan bonsly already evolved ionto sudowoodo
and possibly he may get a hapinny/pinpuku(chansy pre evo.)Read above =p Brock was confirmed a long time ago to be the one with chimchar =P Kinda like the last season, May = Torchic, Ash = Treecko, Brock = Mudkip. But you're right, Shinji will probably release it, and brock will protect it from team rocket or something, and it will decide to go with brock xD i know what pic. yur talking about but it is still unconfirmed, the reason is because another pic. like that show Paul /Shiji calling out his chimchar,Dawn/Hikari calling out piplup,and ash calling out turtwig . and one more pic. show'd the possible teams of ash and the gang, there was no sign of a chimchar,the list from memory
was
brock
sodowoodo
croagunk
happiny(probably got it from a nurse joy)

Ash
pikachu
aipom
starvaria
turtwig
buizel(his or Dawns most likely its his)

Dawn
piplup
buneary
pachirisu

(notice on the advanced gen. ash did not have a rival like Paul/shinji , so naturally brock captured mudkip.) i hope brock catches one though ...:(

Miss Reyna
March 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I kinda don't hope that Brock gets Chimchar. I mean it just be kinda repeating what happen in Advance and just not really no real improvements. It be nice but I kinda miss it when Brock just had rock type pokemon. The poster could have been made to be like that to advertise the Diamond and Pearl starter pokemon.

Harmony
March 26th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I kinda don't hope that Brock gets Chimchar. I mean it just be kinda repeating what happen in Advance and just not really no real improvements. It be nice but I kinda miss it when Brock just had rock type pokemon. The poster could have been made to be like that to advertise the Diamond and Pearl starter pokemon.
yea...
anyway i still wonder
(by the way i just changed my name dont think im wierd or anything )

Gary, the Magic Fairy
March 26th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I really don't think he'll get a Buizel, I think Dawn will get it. Maybe they'll do something unexpected for once and bring back Totodile & Cyndaquil, so they can finally evolve.

Ew. I hope he doesn't get a Magby.

bruteroot
March 27th, 2007, 01:13 AM
i hope ash catches a magby. hes getting stronger as a trainer so i think he will be able to handle a magmortar. but in advanced battle i was shocked when he had glailie only because its an ice type and hes never had an icetype.

Harmony
March 27th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I really don't think he'll get a Buizel, I think Dawn will get it. Maybe they'll do something unexpected for once and bring back Totodile & Cyndaquil, so they can finally evolve.

Ew. I hope he doesn't get a Magby.
but then it would be messed up because Bulbasaur
and squirtle would still be bulbasaur and squirtle
do you get what im saying

i hope ash catches a magby. hes getting stronger as a trainer so i think he will be able to handle a magmortar. but in advanced battle i was shocked when he had glailie only because its an ice type and hes never had an icetype.

usually he would have a bug type instead but they didnt create one that suited him so ...
here is a list of his (i call it) EXTRA ANY TYPE POKEMON
butterfree
heracross
glalie
and now Aipom /possible ambipom

Star★Seeker
March 27th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I dont think Brock will get Chimchar, cuz Shinji and the girl of movie ten both have one.And the only reason the writers made Ash take Aipom was to make it evolve :z

Harmony
March 30th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I dont think Brock will get Chimchar, cuz Shinji and the girl of movie ten both have one.And the only reason the writers made Ash take Aipom was to make it evolve :z

what do you think ash will get ?

Master Trainer Empoleon
March 30th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I still think that Ash'll get Magby,because Paul= Elekid vs. Magby.

But,time'll only tell...

Myzou
March 30th, 2007, 07:48 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7947/dpposter4lc2.jpg

Brock IS getting Chimchar =P

swellow
April 1st, 2007, 01:40 AM
I think Ash will get a Magmar.

Harmony
April 1st, 2007, 07:49 AM

he may or may not
but i think if he was getting one .
it probably would have happend
(yes i see the pic. but that pic. was probably to inform us that thier is a new generation coming,) notice they have a pic of paul ash and hikari with the three starters aswell , but i can be wrong maybe he will later

Ethan621
April 1st, 2007, 09:57 AM

PIctures mean next to nothing. Would you get off that horse already?

RedGyarados
April 1st, 2007, 10:07 AM
Well I don't think it'll a sinnoh pokemon cuz three are the starter/evolutions of the starter since Paul gets them and the other two are legendarys,and thats if you count Arceus with the flame plate

misty-slave09
April 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM
I think Ash will catch a magmar and it will evolve.
If not he'll get cyndaquil from Oak's and that will evlove to quilava.

Harmony
April 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
or either ash will bring charizard back again (wich i hope he does not )

Dee Trier
April 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
Maybe he will get a magmar then evolve to magmortar. Everyone think magby because ov shinji/paul 's elekid, but no one think that magmortar could become a counter part of shigeru/Gary Electrivire. Sure he is old rival, but why not?

Harmony
April 4th, 2007, 05:16 PM
*NOTICE*
brock shall capture chinchar look on this 10th movie preview vidoe and you shall see ash and the gang in a hot air ballon , and chimchar at the top of blowing fire into the balloon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHTwx32vRbc
or either its that girls chinchar ( which i highly doubt)

Star★Seeker
April 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM
*NOTICE*
brock shall capture chinchar look on this 10th movie preview vidoe and you shall see ash and the gang in a hot air ballon , and chimchar at the top of blowing fire into the balloon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHTwx32vRbc
or either its that girls chinchar ( which i highly doubt)It is the girl's Chimchar, I read it on bulbapedia.

Aegis
April 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM
He might not get a fire type :o but I think he will. Maybe a Chimchar? But thats doubtful for many reasons listed above. Maybe... a Magby like others said. That makes the most since because Magmar and Electrabuzz are kinda a group, so their evos are. So I think to beat Gary he'll get a Magby and evolve it all the way.

Harmony
April 5th, 2007, 07:04 PM
It is the girl's Chimchar, I read it on bulbapedia.
o really , thanks for the information
He might not get a fire type :o but I think he will. Maybe a Chimchar? But thats doubtful for many reasons listed above. Maybe... a Magby like others said. That makes the most since because Magmar and Electrabuzz are kinda a group, so their evos are. So I think to beat Gary he'll get a Magby and evolve it all the way.

yea me 2

.Bastion
April 5th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I think Magby sounds like the best possible answer. It would make sense since both of his rivals (Gary and ...Paul) have an Elekid.

I personally want him to bring back Cyndaquil. Why not? He did bring back Phanpy for the Battle Frontier...

Harmony
April 6th, 2007, 07:41 AM
I think Magby sounds like the best possible answer. It would make sense since both of his rivals (Gary and ...Paul) have an Elekid.

I personally want him to bring back Cyndaquil. Why not? He did bring back Phanpy for the Battle Frontier...

gary has an electivire , and i dont think he will cause ,then he would have 2 evolve all the starters that had not evolved

Chibaymega12
April 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Key, i dont think theres a very big possibility of cyndy comin back, he wants to start fresh. Hopefully, he wont do like in Kanto and just get enough pokes to get by, but do like he did in Johto and Kanto, and catch a bunch.

Anyways, i'm pretty sure brock is going to get Chimchar, but if not, then ash'll get him. If not Chimchar, then i dunno. In the anime, they never show or go into very much detail about the trading evos, so i'm pretty sure he wont get a magby to evolve into a magmar then to the next evo to have a 4th gen poke, which is part of the reason he went to sinnoh. So there are three possibilities left, he catches a 1, 2, or 3 gen fire poke, or he goes without a fire poke, OR he takes a fire poke from the poke coral, which i totally doubt, so i dunno

@ Neo shadow: I just checked bulbapedia, it says nothing but that Paul has a Chimchar and where it was first seen.

so: NO ONE KNOWS YET WHO IS GETTING THE CHIMCHAR, SO STOP SAYING WHO DOES AND WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE CHIMCHAR, NO ONE KNOWS YET!!!!!!!!

HackinJohn
April 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I hope Ash brings back Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is one of my favorites ever!

Chibaymega12
April 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
well i'm startin to lean toward cyndiquil a little, because on serebii, there is a Quilava on the next episode picture, so maybe, or it could just be another trainer's poke

ASHYLEGS
April 7th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Ash's team: approved by me.
Pikachu
Ambipom
Skuntank
Grotle
Staraptor
Lucario

Gary, the Magic Fairy
April 8th, 2007, 06:59 AM
well i'm startin to lean toward cyndiquil a little, because on serebii, there is a Quilava on the next episode picture, so maybe, or it could just be another trainer's pokeUnless it evolved offscreen, which I highly doubt, I don't think Ash's will come back for one episode and evolve. It's probably someone elses.

Chibaymega12
April 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM
yeah, i think he prolly will go without a fire type for this one unless he gets chimchar, which i think is the likeliest possibility, but then he'd be one short from the whole 3 starter set........ i REALLY want him to get chimchar, but i guess we'll find out

Jim
April 8th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I hope it's Cyndaquil, however unlikely. It could be Magby, because of Paul/Shinjis' Elekid and Garys' Electivire. But Quilava is such an awesome Pokemon and is in a future episode (which might not be Ashs' though.) Quilava all the way!

.Bastion
April 8th, 2007, 10:19 AM
@ Cosmic: I meant the Elekid line in general.

Key, i dont think theres a very big possibility of cyndy comin back, he wants to start fresh. Hopefully, he wont do like in Kanto and just get enough pokes to get by, but do like he did in Johto and Kanto, and catch a bunch.

Anyways, i'm pretty sure brock is going to get Chimchar, but if not, then ash'll get him. If not Chimchar, then i dunno. In the anime, they never show or go into very much detail about the trading evos, so i'm pretty sure he wont get a magby to evolve into a magmar then to the next evo to have a 4th gen poke, which is part of the reason he went to sinnoh. So there are three possibilities left, he catches a 1, 2, or 3 gen fire poke, or he goes without a fire poke, OR he takes a fire poke from the poke coral, which i totally doubt, so i dunno

@ Neo shadow: I just checked bulbapedia, it says nothing but that Paul has a Chimchar and where it was first seen.

so: NO ONE KNOWS YET WHO IS GETTING THE CHIMCHAR, SO STOP SAYING WHO DOES AND WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE CHIMCHAR, NO ONE KNOWS YET!!!!!!!!

I said I would "want" him to come back.

Also, you're contradicting yourself. At the bottom of your post you boldy tell people to stop saying who they think will get Chimchar yet you go throughout your post talking about who you think will get Chimchar. The large text was not necessary either.
Besides, this thread is about Ash, not Brock. Although I do agree with you that it is unlikely he will get Cyndaquil back even though I would like to see it return.

Either way, Magby seems like a high possibility IMO.

Chibaymega12
April 8th, 2007, 10:45 AM
well, it didn't come out as i would have liked, i meant to say that it is likely, but everyone else was saying that they found that Dawn got Chimchar on a website and someone else said that they found on a site that brock was, and i was just gettin confused

anyways, i think the three most likely possibilities are Magby, Cyndiquil, and Chimchar. But the thing i wouldn't like about him getting Magby or Cyndiquil, is that he, like i mentioned before, is prolly going to get just enough pokemon to get by, and that would just leave enough space for 4 Sinnoh pokemon, because, once again as i mentioned before, even if magby does evolve to magmar, he wouldn't evolve to the next evo because it requires the Magma boost and trading, and they get into that into the anime. So i dunno, of course i wouldn't mind if he got a magby or bring back Cynidquil and catch more pokemon than he needs, and i'm pretty sure Prof. Oak wouldn't be too happy with Ash if he came back with three Sinnoh pokemon.....

Alright, i'm going to get the commercial for the next episode of diamond and pearl, so we'll know soon if it's ash's Quilava

Harmony
April 8th, 2007, 01:06 PM
o.k this is just a possibility but
i seen on serebii that the next episode has a quilava guest star.
maybe its ashes ??? lol

@key
my bad =(
hay we all make mistakes =)

.Bastion
April 8th, 2007, 02:26 PM
o.k this is just a possibility but
i seen on serebii that the next episode has a quilava guest star.
maybe its ashes ??? lol

@key
my bad =(
hay we all make mistakes =)

It's ok. I understand. ^^

Anyway, yeah I did see that Quilava on Serebii. Perhaps the likliness of Ash's Cyndaquil returning is higher than we thought. Of course it could be someone else's but wouldn't it be more likely for them to have a Sinnoh pokemon? They are in Sinnoh after all.

Harmony
April 8th, 2007, 02:28 PM
It's ok. I understand. ^^

Anyway, yeah I did see that Quilava on Serebii. Perhaps the likliness of Ash's Cyndaquil returning is higher than we thought. Of course it could be someone else's but wouldn't it be more likely for them to have a Sinnoh pokemon? They are in Sinnoh after all.

thats what i thought , but pokemon is such a mystery these days , you can never predict it

Chibaymega12
April 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Like i said, i'll be getting the subbed commercial for that episode, so maybe it'll give us a hint

Harmony
April 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Like i said, i'll be getting the subbed commercial for that episode, so maybe it'll give us a hint
thanks CBM12
BTW: i edited the rules on the dragonair & milotic FC =)

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 8th, 2007, 04:00 PM
The annoying Aipom will learn a fire move i guess

Harmony
April 11th, 2007, 01:52 PM
The annoying Aipom will learn a fire move i guess

possibly
darn it 25 word limmit !!

Chibaymega12
April 11th, 2007, 02:02 PM
it turns out that quilava is attacking Ash and Dawn's pokes, oh wells

im not sure, i really think he will go without a fire poke this time

Jim
April 13th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, a guy with a Croconaw and a guy with Quilava vs Dawn and Ash. Oh well.

Jompa
April 14th, 2007, 12:35 AM
It's a shame Ash didn't evolve Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodile and Cyndaquil. I always pictured that Totodile was going to evolve, don't know why, just thought it would be more likely.

But why did Ash stop to catch starters? hope he gets Chimchar, miss that Ash caught them all.

Dee Trier
April 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Because the mudkip chose to go with brock and I don't know whether him even met wild torchic or not...

There some type that ash doesn't have (Psychic,Dragon ,dark and maybe the other too), why just don't give him that rather than always pikachu,Flying/normal,grass,water,fire and maybe a filler.. I would like the cyndaqui return but some will think it won't be fair for totodile,squirtle or bulbasaur, especially if it then evolve to quilava...

Star★Seeker
April 16th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Guys a new eppi called Bouizel!Road to Strength! has been announced.This will finally end about the Bouizel disscussion.Just though I let you know

Harmony
April 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Because the mudkip chose to go with brock and I don't know whether him even met wild torchic or not...

There some type that ash doesn't have (Psychic,Dragon ,dark and maybe the other too), why just don't give him that rather than always pikachu,Flying/normal,grass,water,fire and maybe a filler.. I would like the cyndaqui return but some will think it won't be fair for totodile,squirtle or bulbasaur, especially if it then evolve to quilava...
i agree i dont think he would do that