PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming. What are you doing to help?

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
March 24th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Global Warming. It is one of the most important issues of our time. We can help stop it. But what are you doing to help?

Do you turn off lights when there not in use?
Do you use public transit?
Do you just think it's not a real problem and ignore it?

Lets hear your opinions!

EDIT: From now on this thred is only for the discussion of how Global Warming can be stopped, or slowed down. Any offtopic posts will be reported. Any postes that say Global Warming is fake, a scam, and soforth, will also be reported. For anyone who wants to discuss how they think Global Warming is a sham may make their own thred. (This only takes effect on SUNDAY APRIL 1ST 2007) Thank you.

Haowakeorden
March 24th, 2007, 02:16 PM
My family always try to turn lights off where unnecessary.
I always try to turn my computer off overnight.
[I never leave the tap running if I don't need it.]
I use public transit wherever plausible.

Crazy Weavile
March 24th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I don't do anything, because human-caused global warming is a big hoax made to ensure that the developing world doesn't develop. The real culprit is the sun- we still aren't as warm as we were during Medieval times. You should really watch The Great Global Warming Swindle...

So, yeah, I see no point in it.

Frostweaver
March 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I don't do anything, because human-caused global warming is a big hoax made to ensure that the developing world doesn't develop. The real culprit is the sun- we still aren't as warm as we were during Medieval times. You should really watch The Great Global Warming Swindle...

Likewise, you should really watch that documentary by Al Gore (as much as I don't like politicans, have to go with him on this one) about global warming... great documentary, and how it counters those who claim that global warming is a hoax. 10% of all the scientific community's research paper that talk of global warming, which totals to around 950 papers, and none of them dare to say that the rising level of CO2 does not reflect any of the abnormalities that we see. Strangely enough, up to 54% of Americans do not believe in global warming...

Strange ratio if you ask me... shouldn't the scientific community and the public opinion's ratio of believe vs unbelieve be around the same? Just "slightly" one-sided?

Either way, we switched to those energy saving bulbs, and support the public transit a bit more now. Generally, just try to save power (but certainly not rich enough to say, get our own solar panels or whatever yet)

EDIT: Strangely enough, I remember seeing the Google news the other day when I was just about to surf the web that there's a heading called "4/5 of all Canadians believe in global warming." However, I didn't really read the details of it XD;

Crazy Weavile
March 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
WATER EVAPORATION contributes more CO2 then we do. Human CO2 emissions are like a tiny pimple compared to natural ones, and we're not burning in a fiery inferno yet. Oh, and about that paper... do some research on its censorship and cuts. The ratio of solar activity to heat match PERFECTLY, we aren't doing a thing.

Amachi
March 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM
WATER EVAPORATION contributes more CO2 then we do. Human CO2 emissions are like a tiny pimple compared to natural ones, and we're not burning in a fiery inferno yet. Oh, and about that paper... do some research on its censorship and cuts. The ratio of solar activity to heat match PERFECTLY, we aren't doing a thing.
Wait. How does water evaporation contribute to CO2 emissions? Water (H20) has no carbon (C) in it as far as I know of.

And I'm curious to know of other natural CO2 emissions. Can you list some?

And besides, as Al Gore said,
Making mistakes when dealing with nature can have bigger consequences cause our technologies are bigger than the human scale.
You may think that we aren't having an effect, but we do. CO2 levels in the atmosphere have been rising since the Industrial revolution, which was about the same time we started to burn incredible amounts of fossil fuels for energy.

Strangely enough, I had to watch this for English XD

And it's not just CO2 emissions anyway. We've been cutting down trees, which is slowing down the removal of CO2 from the atmosphere.

Moreover, there's more gases contributing to the enhanced greenhouse effect besides carbon dioxide. Water vapour and carbon monoxide also thicken the "blanket" around the earth.

So yeah, could you perhaps link us to a scholarly article or two? I'm curious to find out more about this, since I was debating the same topic with a classmate the other day. Apparently it's unnaturally large solar flares.

Crazy Weavile
March 25th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Great Global Warming Swindle website, has all you'll need in the Programme and Argument section. If you're curious, search it on Google Video. I don't have any articles, but this really tells you everything. (http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/G/great_global_warming_swindle/index.html)

Frostweaver
March 25th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I watched it for biology.

Well, let's say, Al Gore can't be alright either. I didn't pick a side just because Al Gore said so =x Not that I'm the most interested in EAS, but even if you are to look at it from a skeptical point of view where both sides are lying (aka, assume that the earth heats up from an unknown source and only) there's still more gains to *assume* that it's by humans and not by the sun.

It reduces fossil fuel. Don't tell me that there's a hoax out there somewhere that claims fossil fuel as an unlimited resource. Frankly, most "green energy" don't rely on fossil fuel. We need to get out of fossil fuel eventually anyway, so we might as well do that now even if it's for a slightly mislead reasons.

It's good for the economy that as much as some industries lose a lot, we create a whole new industry out of "green fear." Really, win-win situation if that happens.

I took a look for that video of yours at youtube, and I can't say that I finished watching the whole thing as it's 2 already and I need to sleep... strangely enough, I cannot say how it's obvious that Al Gore got censorship on his side, while these "scientists" are "clearly" speaking the truth either. If we're to doubt Gore's video, then I don't see why we can't doubt this one in the same way.

EDIT: Yes that video is on youtube either... but I think that it's best if the supporters for this video simply don't speak. Their arrogance is simply telling me to never believe in them ever at all... >>; (and what's with the Al Gore video being related to religion and how the two are both hoax now? really... I do not like such the constant implication by the anti-greenhouse people at all in youtube comment page.)

Oh, and this shall be my last post in this thread.. really I lost all the heart for arguing unless I'm 100% sure on the topic through the use of simple science/math that is really obvious XD; and not these debates that will last for years to come on the phD level of things. Since this isn't obvious at all, now that I've stated my points already, I'll really not post here unless I really, really see the urge to post (such as, against extreme biased opinions for any side)

Back to the topic for one last time...

Greenhouse effect or not, it's still good to turn off your lights when you don't need it, really ;p

Crazy Weavile
March 25th, 2007, 12:10 AM
I never said finding a different power source is bad; but this is about more than that. Also, you'll experience it fully in one sitting, so get some sleep. Don't try to judge until you've finished it, it won't make quite as much sense.

Amachi
March 25th, 2007, 12:25 AM
My questions still aren't answered. How does water contribute to CO2 emissions? Is the CO2 dissolved in the water, and when it's evaporated, the CO2 is released in the atmosphere? That's understandable, but the ocean is also like a sink for CO2. If it wasn't for it, then we'd have so much more CO2 in the atmosphere.

And just so you know, it's not just developing countries that are being oppressed. Australia hasn't signed the Kyoto protocol as of yet since we would stand to lose a lot of money. So the claims that their development is at risk seems kinda far fetched to me, since Australia is a developed country and it stands to lose as well.

Oh, and I love it when the internetz screams out hoax and conspiracy due to a documentary. But since this may be something decent, I might watch the video another time.

Frostweaver
March 25th, 2007, 01:16 AM
(just had to post before he really gets off to bed)

Both sides are a valid documentary with their respective amount of scientists "proving" that their side is the complete and total "truth." Both sides point at each other being a hoax. For once, both videos aren't some internet-only product and that both sides got some strongly confirmed authority.

If it's some random website with some "names of scientists" or even magazines, then I'll be skeptical about it... Unless it's a well accepted audio documentary or a reviewed scientific paper in an academic database (aka, not "OMFG TYPE IT IN GOOGLE U'LL FIND IT" type of thing), I'll just cast it aside. Strangely enough, both sides come from these valid sources this time.

viridian doubletongue
March 25th, 2007, 03:19 AM

What I think you mean, is that water vapour contributes to 95% of greenhous gases. The other 5% being carbon dioxide.

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 25th, 2007, 05:54 AM
I do nothing. Absolutely nothing. If it's not happening, there's obviously no point trying to stop it, because it has to start before it can be stopped. If it's happenning, no point worrying about it, because if it's as big as it's supposed to be, then even if all humans made an effort, it still wouldn't be stopped.

It's either too late or not happening. Either way, there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it, so why worry about it?

Allstories
March 25th, 2007, 06:31 AM
It's either too late or not happening. Either way, there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it, so why worry about it?

This mentality wouldn't be such a big deal, if not for the fact that everyone shares it. This whole 'I can't change it on my own so I better contribute to the problem' idea is a very dangerous way of thinking.

Dawson
March 25th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I'm gonna start selling sunscreen at knockdown prices. That'll help lots of people with regards to global warming.

Crazy Weavile
March 25th, 2007, 08:47 AM
What I think you mean, is that water vapour contributes to 95% of greenhous gases. The other 5% being carbon dioxide.

Yeah. I needed sleep at the time of that post.

Haowakeorden
March 25th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I'm gonna start selling sunscreen at knockdown prices. That'll help lots of people with regards to global warming.Not likely going to help in the long term, considering that much of the world's clean water would be gone in time.

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
March 25th, 2007, 10:24 AM
o_0... This is scary if 4/5 Canadians belive in global warming good. But it dosen't seem like the rest of the world is so enthusiastic.

@Crazy Weavile: Even if water caused most of global warming, whats causing more water to evaporate? Thats when we humans come in.

@Everyone who is doing little or nothing to try to stop global warming: I am BEGGING you guys; please do something to help! If global warming, whatever the cause, continues, costal citys (like mine, Vancouver) everywhere will be devistated.

Oh that gives me a good idea... I want to see who lives in a costal city and who dosen't in this thred. My guess is that the people who live on the coast are more concirned with global warming.

Haowakeorden
March 25th, 2007, 11:12 AM
@Everyone who is doing little or nothing to try to stop global warming: I am BEGGING you guys; please do something to help! If global warming, whatever the cause, continues, costal citys (like mine, Vancouver) everywhere will be devistated.The problem with that is that many people don't actually believe that coastal regions will be devastated, simply because they believe that coastal regions will not be swamped (due to the fact that they believe global warming does not exist). Or, they believe that it cannot be stopped by any means, and delaying the catastrophe is a waste of time and money.

Oh that gives me a good idea... I want to see who lives in a costal city and who dosen't in this thred. My guess is that the people who live on the coast are more concirned with global warming.I live in central-southern Saskatchewan, and I am concerned about global warming. It places enormous strains on the world's sustainability, and there is expected to be a major global drought in the future; no longer an "if" question, but a "when" question.

Merzbau
March 25th, 2007, 11:36 AM
The fact is that global warming is happening, and has been happening since the beginning of time. The earth goes in stages, from ice age, to warm period, and we are nearing toward another ice age. I don't think we have the right or power to say we should stop a natural process. Not that we could actually anyway. It was going on way before we were here and will be going on long after we're gone. Maybe I'm cynical, but it really just seems like delaying the inevitable.

Haowakeorden
March 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
;2422733']The fact is that global warming is happening, and has been happening since the beginning of time. The earth goes in stages, from ice age, to warm period, and we are nearing toward another ice age.You imply that the world is currently warming up, but in the very next sentence, you imply that the world is headed for another ice age. Are you saying that the Earth is currently warming up, cooling down, or what?

Crazy Weavile
March 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I believe the point is that the next stage is likely to be another ice age... this warm period only lasts so long.

Rinji
March 25th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Starfish Prime is right. This is an absolutely natural process, and we did not cause it. It's unfortunate that humankind is so arrogant as to think that every natural disaster is their fault. The world is going through a natural process, the very one that causes ice ages.

Global warming's not a new thing, it's been going on for thousands of years, and it's nearing it's end, meaning it will become a frozen period in a few thousand years or so.

Like a swing, the earth moves from cold, to hot, to cold again, and to hot again.

This explains it all in a more technical manner: http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

Merzbau
March 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
You imply that the world is currently warming up, but in the very next sentence, you imply that the world is headed for another ice age. Are you saying that the Earth is currently warming up, cooling down, or what?

Actually, I didn't imply that. That was just a bad worded sentence. What I meant to say was:

The earth currently is in a warming period. In a few thousand years or so, the Earth will cool down once again into another ice age.

There we go.

Krobelus
March 25th, 2007, 06:30 PM
YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU)

Hmm.. click the above link, it contradicts with what Al Gore had to say.

I believed every word that Al Gore said, although I was also scared at the time. But, I seen this, and now I'm not so sure. What I really want to know is why are they swindling everyone, if so?

Bomberman
March 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM
;2422733']The fact is that global warming is happening, and has been happening since the beginning of time. The earth goes in stages, from ice age, to warm period, and we are nearing toward another ice age. I don't think we have the right or power to say we should stop a natural process. Not that we could actually anyway. It was going on way before we were here and will be going on long after we're gone. Maybe I'm cynical, but it really just seems like delaying the inevitable.
Right. We don't know if this is naturally happening, or if it has happened before.
Personally, I don't think we (humans) should be so arrogant to believe that we can make any serious difference.
Besides, recent evidence shows it could be solar.
I think it's safe for us to get in our little cars.

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 25th, 2007, 09:18 PM
This mentality wouldn't be such a big deal, if not for the fact that everyone shares it. This whole 'I can't change it on my own so I better contribute to the problem' idea is a very dangerous way of thinking.
Right... You tell me how me doing anything is going to change something, and I might consider it. Not "if everyone helped....". Tell me how it would change anything in the long run if I did anything about it.

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
March 26th, 2007, 04:35 PM
@ Dr. SmoothSeks: Cencus Canada found that each Canadian makes about one to three tonns (depending on your useage) of carbon emmitions a year. If you helped you might be able to get rid of one tonn of greenhouse gasses. One tonn! People with asthma might breath a little easyer, more things would get recyled, the whole world would benifit. (And your gas bill might be a little lower too!

@ [Starfish Prime]: If everyone did their part (reducing their emmitions by one tonn) it would make a difference

@ Rinji: Tell me, is it arrogent to try to save (to your knowledge) the earth? To try making a difference for the better? Even if your sacrafices are futile? In my opinion no. If you belive you can make a difference, for the better, go ahed.

Persona
March 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM

Look at the hockey stick (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5109188.stm), it shows a warming effect since 1950 after a moderately stable climate for 1000 years. In fact, the 10 most hottest years in history have been recorded, and they all happened since 1990, 2005 being the hottest of them all. How's this proof of man's fault in this? Of course, the Earth naturally heats and cools itself, but the rate and amount we are warming now had no previous examples in the recent geologic past. The magnitude of temperature increase is already higher than that of the 'little ice age', which had occured in the middle ages. The rate and amount are only going up.

I do not accept the idea that Global Warming is a hoax, we are involved in this, and don't think that it's some political statement. This is science trying to educate an unrefined, ignorant public of the damage that they are causing.

Blastoise
March 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I burn Styrofoam cups in my backyard in a giant bonfire every night. I roast marshmallows over it and proclaim that I am queen of the galaxy.

But in all seriousness, I get rides with my friends as much as possible when going places and drive them places to save gas. I'm going to build a new computer soon that uses less electricity (it won't be as powerful, but whatever) and I always turn off lights and things when I don't need them.

Forever
March 27th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I don't water my pets when they are hot, I'm trying to save the earth but then Pop goes along and just wastes the water.
My pets don't know the meaning of suffer for the planet ;;
Though, that doesn't really help much~

Krobelus
March 27th, 2007, 09:41 AM
How do we know that were causing most of the damage? I could'nt care less, because so many people are trying to contradict each other, and it is starting to get really annoying. SO.. instead of me staying on one side, I'm going to stay right in the middle and do my normal thing, (to a point).

Also.. don't try to change my perspective, because if you believe what Al Gore has said, then you should also know that even if we ALL stop now, it would still take the earth 1000 years to recover, which, I wont live to see, neither will any of you. So, even if we make try to make a difference, it wont help much, because it's too late. That is, if you believe what Al Gore says.

Also.. Nica, I have the same problem, at my mother's house, I have three dogs and a cat,and at my dad's house, I have two cats. They get hot in the summer time, and it's hard to keep them cool.

Persona
March 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I considered watching that video called "The Great Global Warming Swindle". I'm sure there was more of a need of scientific debate on many of these issues, and the public debating on Global Warming would be improved if all the issues were discussed more often, the entire tone of the program seemed hysterical at times, in my opinion. Carl Wunsch's reply in what he had said in the video seemed to have been so selectively edited by the makers of the film as to be nonsense. Example, how can carbon dioxide cause Global Warming? Doesn't it only make up a small percentage of the atmosphere?

I hope that he has definitively given up his earlier 'both sides are equally bad' prejudice. I hear this all the time, even today from neutral technocratic people who believe that they’re being enormously penetrating and impressive when they say it.

Also, I'm against the idea about Africa being told by climate change activists to not touch their resources. Just to be clear, they are correct about the fact that Africa does have oil, but no one can just argue that it shouldn't benefit from this. The current climate change movement is not even involved in the role in keeping Africans benefiting from their resources, especially when comparing to the political and economic systems that have improved over the past few centuries. If this seriously was a concern, then I doubt that climate change has an influence in this.

Miyu-chan
March 28th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I don't know if Al Gore is lying or not, but I do believe that Global Warming is a problem, and we should love our Earth and protect it. We're using those energy saving lightbulbs and carpool when we can, haha.

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
March 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Also.. don't try to change my perspective, because if you believe what Al Gore has said, then you should also know that even if we ALL stop now, it would still take the earth 1000 years to recover, which, I wont live to see, neither will any of you.

Oh, so I guess future generations don't count, right?

Arcanine
March 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I'm not going to get into the whole back and forth battles going on in this thread. I'll just say what I think and leave it at that (I'm not in the mood to debate about Global Warming, I'm not going to change my views and most people aren't going to change theirs).

There is Global Warming (I'm going to call it "GW" from now on), it has gotten warmer over the years. Just this last year we had a some what short winter (I live in the South so it tends to be warmer). And here it is the start of spring and it's already in the 80's.
But the thing is, I see GW as a natural thing. Man plays no part in the warming of the earth. We couldn't kill the earth if we wanted to. Going by the bible there was a global flood, and going by evolution there was an ice age (take your pick). And *shocked* the earth is still here. So what is little old man doing to kill the earth? Driving cars? Let me get this straight, the earth can take a hit from a commit or whatever, or totally flooded over and keep on going yet us driving cars is killing it? Or should I get over to the cow GW idea (some people think cow pies are putting holes in the OZone layer or something like that, and thus Global Warming).
And here's some fun facts some of you might not have known. GW is also happening on Mars (you know, the planet). We have never set foot on Mars, we have never put a car on Mars. So now what, the rovers we got over there is some how making Mars warm up? Does this mean man is to blame if Mars also has a bad case of sunburn?

As I said, man plays no part in GW. It's just a cycle of the sun getting warmer then normal (I think like every 40 years or something like that). So no matter how much change or steps we take to stop a greenhouse effect it isn't going to do anything. Everyone can ride bikes from now on, stop eating beef, and all that stuff and it'll still be warm outside in the summer and cold in the winter.

And I thought I'd add this in because it's funny.
The Global Warming summit had to be canceled because everyone was snowed in. Tons of cold cold snow prevented people from talking about Global Warming.

Kura
March 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM
.o. I personally think that Global Warming is due to a whole bunch of factors.. but I guess what people don't take into consideration is the sun..
When a star is about to die.. it gets bigger and bigger and then collapses. ._. I think that's what the sun is doing. It's getting a little bigger overtime and that's what's making everything hotter and stuff..

(Besides all that usual junk)~ .O. And I also think that the people who choose to ignore the problem are just ignorant.. and should do the most that they can to save the planet. Otherwise I think that they'll ungrateful for being put on this beautiful Earth~

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 29th, 2007, 07:30 AM
@ Dr. SmoothSeks: Cencus Canada found that each Canadian makes about one to three tonns (depending on your useage) of carbon emmitions a year. If you helped you might be able to get rid of one tonn of greenhouse gasses. One tonn! People with asthma might breath a little easyer, more things would get recyled, the whole world would benifit. (And your gas bill might be a little lower too!

1. Ton has one n. Not 2.

2. I don't have asthma.

3. I don't care about more stuff getting recycled.

4. I don't care if the whole world benefits. All that matters is that I benefit.

5. "Little" is the key word there. "Might" is also a big one. This is actually the only thing you've said that matters to me, but it's not big enough that I'm going to make an effort to stop (or slow down) something that might not even be happening.

Allstories
March 29th, 2007, 11:37 AM
1. Ton has one n. Not 2.

He's talking about a metric tonne, which has two n's, as opposed to the imperial ton.

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
March 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM
1. Ton has one n. Not 2.
Metric tonn. Remember, I live in Canada.

2. I don't have asthma.
Yah, but others just might.

3. I don't care about more stuff getting recycled.
How ignorent of you. You should know we're running out of resorces also.

4. I don't care if the whole world benefits. All that matters is that I benefit.
WOW! that is mabye the most ignorent comment i've heard.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
March 29th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I personally see Global Warming as a natural phenomenon, but that doesn't mean I don't support energy saving and other things that help the environment.

And I have my doubts about recycling. Who were those, proved that the process of recycling wastes more energy than the equivalent it tries to save? I can't really take a big part on that right now. Maybe I'm just misinformed. Oh heck, just used a word so related to global warming.

1. Ton has one n. Not 2.
2. I don't have asthma.

I laughed at that. I seriously 'loled' at that.

I love your sarcasm... I hope that was sarcastic. 'Cause this is, too.

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
March 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
From now on this thred is only for the discussion of how Global Warming can be stopped, or slowed down. Any offtopic posts will be reported. Any postes that say Global Warming is fake, a scam, and soforth, will also be reported. For anyone who wants to discuss how they think Global Warming is a sham may make their own thred. (This only takes effect on SUNDAY APRIL 1ST 2007) Thank you.

Dr. SmoothSeks
March 31st, 2007, 01:19 PM
Metric tonn. Remember, I live in Canada.

Actually, I didn't know that. I can't remember what I don't know.

Yah, but others just might.

And?

How ignorent of you. You should know we're running out of resorces also.

I doubt we're going to run out of resources in my lifetime. I don't care about future generations.

WOW! that is mabye the most ignorent comment i've heard.

Do tell why. I don't see how my comment is "ignorent".

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
April 1st, 2007, 08:55 AM
Metric tonn. Remember, I live in Canada.Actually, I didn't know that. I can't remember what I don't know.
Fine.

Yah, but others just might.And?
And!?! What do you mean and? Other people have asthma, and they would benifit. You just don't care about others do you?...

How ignorent of you. You should know we're running out of resorces also.I doubt we're going to run out of resources in my lifetime. I don't care about future generations. If you don't care about future generations I can't change that. But, still they are, or at least will be, people too, and people count. They shouldn't have to clean up this mess.

WOW! that is mabye the most ignorent comment i've heard.Do tell why. I don't see how my comment is "ignorent".
Sorry, I misused that word. Your comment was self-indulgent, selfish. Only caring for yourself is not a good thing.

From now on this thred is only for the discussion of how Global Warming can be stopped, or slowed down. Any offtopic posts will be reported. Any postes that say Global Warming is fake, a scam, and soforth, will also be reported. For anyone who wants to discuss how they think Global Warming is a sham may make their own thred. (This only takes effect on SUNDAY APRIL 1ST 2007) Thank you. This takes effect today. Any offtopic posts, excluding the reply to this message will be reported. If this is some-way breaks the forum rules, please PM me and I will correct the problems as soon as posible. Thank You.

Dr. SmoothSeks
April 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
And!?! What do you mean and? Other people have asthma, and they would benifit. You just don't care about others do you?...
I think you're finally starting to see it...

If you don't care about future generations I can't change that. But, still they are, or at least will be, people too, and people count. They shouldn't have to clean up this mess.
And I should? I'm not the sole cause, the leading cause, or even one of the leading causes. It's not my mess, I'm not picking it up, especially since it would only benefit future generations, and not me.

Sorry, I misused that word. Your comment was self-indulgent, selfish. Only caring for yourself is not a good thing.
Do tell why.

Ledgend of the UnKnOwns
April 1st, 2007, 06:17 PM
Well you have really proven yourself to be a donkey haven't you? You don't care about the environment and now really, im sick of your views on this. May I remind you that any response to this message will be reported as being offtopic. So as to not cause contriversy I will report my own post as being offtopic. A warning to you: If you post in a reply to anything from this thred I will report you, because this thred has become a shouting match between us. Now if you excuse me, I have to report my own post.

*Post Reported*

Sammi
April 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Okay guys, let's stop the arguing and stay on the topic. If you want to argue that bad, find another place to do it. This thread isn't the place anymore.

And Ledgend of the UnKnOwns, the report itself does the job; there was no need to for you to post at all since I'd be doing the yelling, but whatever.

I turn off some of the lights if I notice they're on and not needed... I guess.

Gunn
April 7th, 2007, 12:56 AM
It's proven that human activities are the blame of some loss of wildlife. It's not like the -entire- Earth will be killed. But if we are hurting ourselves, we're going to take something else with us, right?

Yes, it is indeed true that the world has climate changes. Sadly, we are the culprits of this one. It's a fact. Natural CO 2 emissions, like volcanoes, don't emit that much as we do. And I'm sure everyone get annoyed by convincing someone else otherwise. But does that mean we have to ignore what is happening? Even if global warming is a hoax, its hurting us and we still are planting trees, recycling, and fining people for littering. There's no harm whats-so-ever in contributing to helping our Little Earth. Remember, its the only one we got. Whatever we do now, will become a large benefit for the upcoming generations.

Global warming--real or not--can't be stopped, but can be reduced. I try not to use my laptop as often. I heard that just 8 lbs. of coal powers just one. Using energy-efficient light bulbs was a good start too.

PiplupRocks
April 17th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I do everything for global warming.. the only problem is that I can't turn off my blue bird light at night! @_@ It's so hard to stop global warming because your thinking : Is Global Warming going to stop? will mankind ( and womankind ) still be alive tomorrow? Will i be underwater tomorrow? Will land EVER come back? Can we move to the moon? Can we choose to commit suicide? CAN WE CHOOSE TO JUST STAY HERE ON EARTH?!?!?!?! By the way if we are the ones causing it.. Why not just burn all the trash and through it into space? @_@