PDA

View Full Version : China's Chery Automobile Co. to hit America

22sa
March 26th, 2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/169101

http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix/2005/01/02/asec/a002-bricklinqqredo-0105n.jpg

DamilerChrysler's is considering branding this small car, the QQ or A1, made by Chery (a Chinese car company), and selling it in America.

Shipped from China, it will market for less then $8000 USD per unit.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a cute car, and well worth the low price. xD I would seriously consider getting it in the future as a car to start with, or a city convieniance car.

Ullion
March 26th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Wow, that looks like a small car. But umm that is a nice low price (I think xD). And I agree. I would probably buy a car like that, or something similarily cheap to start off with. Thing that conserns me the most is the quality of it. As you mentioned, it is a Chinese car company, and all the Chinese do is mass produce stuff like that, and they don't really believe in patents. So who knows what materails were used and if the car is good enough to use on a daily basis?

22sa
March 26th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Wow, that looks like a small car. But umm that is a nice low price (I think xD). And I agree. I would probably buy a car like that, or something similarily cheap to start off with. Thing that conserns me the most is the quality of it. As you mentioned, it is a Chinese car company, and all the Chinese do is mass produce stuff like that, and they don't really believe in patents. So who knows what materails were used and if the car is good enough to use on a daily basis?
That's true, and also it may be from a low-tech industry that pollutes a lot and turn away environment-caring customers.

I don't really mind quality (hell, you could spend endlessly for a quality car) in a car, as long as it looks good.

Suki
March 27th, 2007, 08:11 AM
That's a really cool car I guess. But it's not so perfect in my eyes, however, if I decided to buy it, I'd choose for it to be a baby blue.

Amachi
March 27th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Well it doesn't really look all that appealing to me :<

If it were to come down my way, I'd only consider buying it after I saw it's safety rating.

Miyu-chan
March 28th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Oh my gosh, it's tiny! :O I probably won't buy it though - as cheap as it is, since I have no idea of how Chinese cars work (reliability, etc...), since they're still relatively new to the car market...

MegaDitto
March 29th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it ill be popular in today's Youth. D; Who knows, it will be a summer sensation.