PDA

View Full Version : I Am Poem

Hantsuki
March 30th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Alrighty, my English class is currently learning and making poetry for the quarter/semester and I managed to make an I Am Poem that is quite decent if I may say so. It turned out quite better than I had thought actually, so here it is. Me in a nutshell . . . or in a poem. : p

I am a cloud
I may look like others
Who go with the flow,
But sometimes I am unpredictable
Something you may never know.

I am the number eight
I cannot seem to follow
A straight path
But when I do,
I happen to do more
Than what I normally try to.

I am a dog
I can be loyal and friendly
Or at least appear to be,
But when I am not,
I happen to bite hard
Like I was taught.

I am the color red
I blend with other colors
Rather easily; while
I appear to be bright,
I happen to be the one
Who puts up a fight.

I am duct tape
I am long-lasting
As I am strong,
And I can shut you up,
If you prove me wrong.

I am a boat
I am fairly dependable,
And follow the course I am given,
Until the ripples of waves
Throw me off as I am driven.

I am confidence
I have no doubt,
As I have certainty
That my goals will be achieved,
Like they are currently.

I am Ellen -insert last name here-.

dstaley
April 6th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Wow, that's really good. I love how you were able to take an object, and give it personality, and then compare it to yourself. More so, I love how you were able to find yourself in these everyday things. Though the stanza length and rhyme scheme vary, it doesn't too much to take away from the poem. Overall, an excellent piece.

Hantsuki
April 10th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I don't try and make my poetry rhyme all the time since sometimes I force myself to make them rhyme and then the overall poem doesn't turn out well, but if I'm able to, I try to and most of the time, it makes the poem sound better so I stick with it all the way through. If I could, I would have made each stanza a bit longer, but I really couldn't. I kind of procrastinated on the assignment so I had to think of something quick, but I liked my result and decided to share it. So thank you very much for reviewing. :3