PDA

View Full Version : battle tower unstoppable team

awkwardsilencer
May 1st, 2004, 3:28 PM
hey, in battle tower my team is lv50 glalie, lv 50 exploud, and lv 48 flygon. only thing is i dont know what items i should hold to make me even more unstoppable. post ur ideas for me.

+el_pal
May 1st, 2004, 3:32 PM
I think you can make Glalie hold Nevermeltice to boost ice moves and Exploud maybe a silk scarf to boost its normal movs. Not sure about Flygon.

awkwardsilencer
May 1st, 2004, 3:33 PM
lol yeh thats what i have on them, flygon has kings rock right now, and sometimes shell bell

Frostweaver
May 1st, 2004, 3:43 PM
eww... 1.1 boosters? As if they do give you that much boost anyway... in battle tower, shell bell, leftovers or lum berry is everything you need. And battle tower is a lot weaker than crystal's... in crystal they have close to maximum stats, while here their EV is hardly half full.

+el_pal
May 1st, 2004, 3:44 PM
I'm sorry but, ew??? Those items may be bad but not gross :p

awkwardsilencer
May 1st, 2004, 3:49 PM
yeh i used those items before battle tower... but right now flygon has shell bell....glalie has white herb, and exploud has ...i think quickclaw

Winter
May 2nd, 2004, 6:59 AM
I think you can make Glalie hold Nevermeltice to boost ice moves and Exploud maybe a silk scarf to boost its normal movs. Not sure about Flygon.

No need to boost attacks that already get STAB anyway.

Darth Revan
May 2nd, 2004, 7:29 AM
where do you even get glalie sorry for kinda going off topic but how can their be an unstoppable team?

Simon
May 2nd, 2004, 8:20 AM
Glalie is the evolved form of Snorunt which can be found around the bottom of Shoul Cave...the cave with the old guy in it that wants 4 of each shell or something and then he gives you Shell Bell.

awkwardsilencer
May 2nd, 2004, 9:15 AM
the team has never got taken down but just incase i want some better items on them

Frostweaver
May 2nd, 2004, 12:10 PM
the team has never got taken down but just incase i want some better items on them
As if any opponent team within the gameboy can take down a player's team of 6 zigzagoons anyway... poor ev, no sense of what the heck they're doing (25% of using a certain move, aka random)... plus glalie being useful sounds too new to me.

oni flygon
May 2nd, 2004, 12:33 PM
Boost items have only 10% chance of working... I agree with Frosty...

You should do some rest+chesto combo. Give flygon a shell bell. As for Glalie, he makes a good hailer... O_o

Frostweaver
May 2nd, 2004, 1:01 PM
Boost items always work by only give an attack a 10% boost (in comparison to 50% from STAB... ahem? A "bit" crappy?) Leftovers, shell bell and berries give you a lot more benefits. Quick claw should be used sometimes as the 24% chance of first strike can save butt at times.

oni flygon
May 2nd, 2004, 1:03 PM
oh 10% boost... I thought 10% chance of working... anyways, I don't like boost items... berries are more useful in my opinion...

Solid Reptile
May 3rd, 2004, 12:15 AM
i dont like berries..

held items like twisted spoon and miracle seed are more usefull to me

awkwardsilencer
May 3rd, 2004, 1:04 PM
lol u were being sarcastic bout glalie right? cuz hes sick, and hailer? ...ummm hail stinks. berries stink its used once and its gone. then no item the rest the battles.
boost items arent a big enuff help. im gonna stick with quickclaw white herb and leftovers and other helpful items like that.

Shinin
May 3rd, 2004, 1:28 PM
sorry for going off topic but what's STAB?
Leftovers is better than Shell Bell sometimes. Like if u use 1-hit KO attacks a lot or big-damage attacks, use Shell Bell because it gives u 1/8 of the amount of damage u caused to the opponent HP.

awkwardsilencer
May 3rd, 2004, 1:49 PM
yes we know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Frostweaver
May 3rd, 2004, 1:54 PM
STAB: Same Type Attack Bonus

A pokemon using a STAB move (Arcanine using flamethrower, Blastoise using surf, or Slaking using hyperbeam) will be boosted by 1.5 times.

Berries don't get used up in battle tower after each battle as it should come back automatically after each trainer, but I'm not sure as I never bothered with it. however, if salac/liechi/petaya/lum berry if "useless" for you, I'll ge glad to point out what's so scary about them anyday...

Simon
May 3rd, 2004, 3:46 PM
Then point out why they are scary for me. The only one I can consider scary is the Lum Berry. The other 3 boost stats, but I haven't considered them scary yet since I never figureed out how much it boosts.

Frostweaver
May 3rd, 2004, 4:19 PM
Salac berry is equal to 1/2 agility. Liechi is equal to 1/2 swords dance. Petaya is equal to growth. Meaning that (assuming no other buffs are used beforehead), a stat is multipled by 7/6... well you see, a modest alakazam activating petaya berry at lvl 100 means 369*1.1 = 406 sp.att already. With petaya berry, Alakazam now has 474 sp.attack.

No one is thrilled about an Alakazam with 474 sp.attack... really...

Salac berry usually gives a Pokemon enough of a speed boost to overcome most other Pokemon out in the field. A heracross after using endure will have their hp lowered to 1. Salac berry will be activiated to boost its speed above 310 (even faster if it's jolly). A speed of 310 is faster than Alakazam (if Alakazam doesn't have a personality bonus of speed), so really it's nothing to rejoice about if you're up against a freaky Pokemon who is ALMOST ALWAYS faster than you, using a STAB reversal at full power at all times. (salac berry is the only reason why quick attack is used nowadays...)

Simon
May 3rd, 2004, 4:22 PM
I understand most of that but what do you mean a stat is multiplied by 7/6?

Frostweaver
May 3rd, 2004, 4:36 PM
It's just how a buff works... First of all there's 4 types of buffs. It can raise/drop by "1 level" or "2 level". A buff has a set ratio of 6/6. The denominator will not change, but the numerators will depending on the buff. For every level of stat increase, the numerator goes up by one. For every level of stat decrease, the numerator goes down by 1. So using a swords dance will upset the balance from 6/6 * attack power into 8/6 * attack power.

(*Note: not sure if the scale is set at 7/7 or 6/6 to start with, but the increase and decrease thing within the numerator is certainly true)

A berry will tip the numerator up by 1 everytime it's activated. That's how it works.

awkwardsilencer
May 3rd, 2004, 5:13 PM
yeh but like im not gonna waste my berrys to test if u loose them or not. and i save higher berries so that some day i will make good pokeblocks to get the contest won.

Frostweaver
May 3rd, 2004, 6:08 PM
it's called save, and reset if things go wrong...

Plus this is, again, ingame, where high level with EV or not, will always win. Online battle however, you need all the stats you can get. (Plus there's unlimited access to TM/Move tutor/Egg move/items anyway)

awkwardsilencer
May 4th, 2004, 10:44 AM
what? theres no pokemon online... and if you save before the tower and win or loose then shut it off and turn it back on, it comes up to battle lady and she says that u didnt save it before u left last time, and just stops ur streak and everything. and im not gonna chance my streak i got going.

Frostweaver
May 4th, 2004, 2:12 PM
as if the streak is hard to get... crystal battle tower I can understand... but this one is quite a joke (they lost their freaky max stats advantage, so shouldn't be hard at all).

Online battling does exist... it's called netbattle.

http://www.tvsian.com/netbattle/

awkwardsilencer
May 4th, 2004, 2:45 PM
yeh but u dont even like level up ur guys right? its just like role playing kinda of battling?

Chocobo
May 4th, 2004, 4:20 PM
Best Would Be Items Like Shell Bell,Leftovers, And Anything That Rasies Power Or Speed Like Salac Berrys.

Pogiforce-14
May 4th, 2004, 4:23 PM
Mu ultimate battle tower team is Blaziken, Swampert, and Sceptile with Charcoal, mystic water, and miracle seed respectfully. I go for raw power and strengths, rather than giving the opponent a chance to fight back.

awkwardsilencer
May 5th, 2004, 10:36 AM
i give the opponent no chance, but i cant trade cuz no friends play, and i only have gameboyplayer and one game cart. so im stuck with only 1 ruby cart, and cant get all the guys.

Simmons_2.0
July 20th, 2004, 5:19 AM
lol u were being sarcastic bout glalie right? cuz hes sick, and hailer? ...ummm hail stinks. berries stink its used once and its gone. then no item the rest the battles.
boost items arent a big enuff help. im gonna stick with quickclaw white herb and leftovers and other helpful items like that.

About the berries in the battle tower once used they can be used again in the next battle. So berries are useful in the battle tower. :D :D :D

Simon
July 20th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Please do not post in old threads that are over one month old.

Frostweaver
July 20th, 2004, 12:18 PM
must as well put an end to this thread then... *close*