April 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Prof.Oak
Prof.Elm
Prof.Birch

im sorry if this is old news but i just realized it now XD

yea but if u add Professor Ivy yea are all plants

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 1st, 2007, 02:32 PM
thats something that alot of people figured out a long time ago (no offense), they really need to stop it with plants, I mean whats so great about plants

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Spirit Rubi
April 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Don't forget Professor Rowan. XP

Wonder what will be next... maybe crabapple. *has a crabapple tree next to her house* Professor Crabapple. XD

Ichida
April 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
The professors are the "trees" from which all young trainers "bud" and "grow." Simple metaphor. <.<;

Ayano Katagiri
April 1st, 2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, this pattern was outlined especially during the announcement of the latest Professor's name, Rowan. The metaphor above ^^ is interesting~

Forever
April 3rd, 2007, 01:02 AM
I only realised it like two years ago~Kinda kool that they have a theme of names going though.

Shika
April 3rd, 2007, 02:49 AM
I never think about profs.
I mean they gave us our starters and give advices.
That's it.(No offence)

I'm so sorry.
My brother did that when I was going to bathroom.
I knew this when this thread is in my subscriptions.

Well,if you don't say I'll never know that Prof names are plants/trees!:shocked:

_Prince_
April 3rd, 2007, 04:30 AM
Yes I noticed that all the names are tree names.

Max210
April 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Lol, I noticed a few years ago. Anyone realised this?
Brock-rock
Misty-self explanitory
Lt. Surge- Surge of electricity

I suppose they started a pattern and forgot.
It also explains the type of Pokemon they specialize in.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 4th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Haha! I have never thinked that way before, thanks for giving me a wake-up

Aegis
April 5th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Yah, I realized way back when Professor Elm was named after a tree like Proffessor Oak. Yep... kinda old news to me, but it's still pretty cool.

Bomberman
April 5th, 2007, 07:48 PM
What's the D/P professor?

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 9th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Is the professors in D/P also trees?

Ayano Katagiri
April 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Is the professors in D/P also trees?

The new Professor's name has been dubbed as Rowan which is also a tree.

Nicku
April 9th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Haha x3 No.. I think it's because i'm danish or something =P

- Nicku

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 10th, 2007, 04:26 AM
The new Professor's name has been dubbed as Rowan which is also a tree.

ah, okay :)
Thanks for information

Jim
April 10th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I actually noticed in Generation I. Because Ash is named after a tree, Ash Tree and Oak after an Oak tree. This was confirmed when Prof Elm came out. Elm Tree.

Kotowari
April 11th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I noticed that a while ago,
like most of the towns in Kanto are colours (as far is I know xD Pewter, Fushia, Safron, Lavender, Vermileon)and in Johto plants (New Bark (sound and that thing of a tree) - Violet, Azelea, Goldenrod (all flowers).

LawLessChaoz
April 11th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah I noticed that nine years ago.

goofy_charizard_girl
April 12th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Yeah, I noticed it too, but it doesn't bother me. You have much stranger things in pokemon anime/manga/games. For example all pokemon nurses and officers, not only that they have the same names, they even look the same(maybe the tehnology in pkmn world is so advanced that they can clone ppl now or sth. Do you imagine? A laboratory for producing nurses Joy and officers Jenny.o_0)
So I don't think that giving nemes to the prof. that come from trees is that surprising.

Mr.Altosax
April 12th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Yep, it's just as fascinating as the musical terms in Megaman. There's trees and colors. Of course there was already someone who mentioned colors so I don't need to go into detail. Of course, yes, like most players I noticed the tree theme quite long ago. (Never heard of a Rowan though...)

sam@strand
April 13th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I noticed that back in the johto region, ermmmmm Elm i think his name was!

ChrisG14
April 13th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I noticed it after Birch. I guess the 5th Generation Professor will be named after a tree too.

Demonic
April 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I just nocted that!!!

thnks for the notice.

wakachamo
April 13th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I noticed it too, but it doesn't bother me. You have much stranger things in pokemon anime/manga/games. For example all pokemon nurses and officers, not only that they have the same names, they even look the same(maybe the tehnology in pkmn world is so advanced that they can clone ppl now or sth. Do you imagine? A laboratory for producing nurses Joy and officers Jenny.o_0)
So I don't think that giving nemes to the prof. that come from trees is that surprising.

Going a bit off-topic here, but I think that in early Anime days, officer Jenny said she had many twin sisters or something like that. =P