PDA

View Full Version : What New Writing Device Is Next? (Possible Spoilers)

Charaxes
April 1st, 2007, 01:08 PM
In each one of the series' "arcs", there was a prevalent writing theme in each one. This is my take on it, so if you disagree, feel free to argue with proof.

Kanto: Plot.
Orange Islands: Creativity or freshness, pick one.
Johto: One word: fillers.
Hoenn: Characterization.
Battle Frontier: Disjointed Pacing.

This is for the Diamond/Pearl viewers here: which themes has D/P encompressed? Characterization with Hikari and the new rival (I can't spell his name at the moment)? Plotting or Pacing? I'm asking because I'm just curious in the writing sense.

So, if you want to spoil away, that's fine. Just make it material to the topic. Have at it.

Miss Reyna
April 2nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
I am going have to say for the Diamond and Pearl series that it will be pacing. I mean maybe it is just me but they really took their time with get Ash his first badge. I mean not only did the show Ash's Rival, Paul, winning his badge but they also made Ash figh the gym leader twice and took two episodes doing it. Then also a lot of time with how they are developing Dawn as in so many pokemon for her and the episodes to focus on her. They are really pacing the battles an building up to something big. Maybe a foreshadowing of a good climax?

Also maybe they are really focusing on main character developement with Ash and Dawn. No idea since all I have to go by are pics from Serebii.

Charaxes
April 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I agree, they're overhauling Dawn and making Paul an actual presence, as say, Gary, who barely showed up in comparison. At least with the first GL, they're not being speedy about it, but I don't want them to do with BF or Kanto: rush through the GLs. It's a step in the right direction and about time.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 14th, 2007, 04:08 AM
I am going have to say for the Diamond and Pearl series that it will be pacing. I mean maybe it is just me but they really took their time with get Ash his first badge

Yea I'm going to have to agree with that just because you are right about Ash taking all that time just to get his first badge and the cities seem so close to each other than Houen did.

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

SBaby
April 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
I gotta be honest with you. Hoenn seemed to be mostly fillers too. It had a couple good episodes, but most of the time they were still helping Sunded and Gonnabitit with their problems, while Team JJM did their usual wasting time, or as Jessie said in one episode, 'filling a half hour'.

But this season seems to have 'rivalry' as one of the big themes, from what I've seen (at least, so far). We'll only have to see if that holds up.