PDA

View Full Version : Simple Questions

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Simon
April 21st, 2004, 06:41 PM
I think bagon evolves into Shelgon at level 30 and Salamence at elvel 46 or 50...

HowlingWolves
April 22nd, 2004, 04:55 PM
What level does Metang evolve into Metagross?

Bluejay390
April 22nd, 2004, 05:19 PM
metang evolves to metagross at level 45. I think.

EDIT: I have a question. What does taunt do? anything?

Brandon
April 24th, 2004, 08:52 PM
metang evolves to metagross at level 45. I think.

EDIT: I have a question. What does taunt do? anything?

Taunt forces the opponent to use only attack (non-defensive moves) for the duration of this turn and the next.

BTW, Hello! This is my first post ^_^

PokemonAvenger
April 25th, 2004, 05:39 AM
While browsing the forums, I found that kairi mentioned 2 new unown shaped like a (!) and a (?). Anyone know where I can get them?

Bluejay390
April 25th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Taunt forces the opponent to use only attack (non-defensive moves) for the duration of this turn and the next.

BTW, Hello! This is my first post ^_^

Thank you and Welcome :D

Kenta-kun
April 25th, 2004, 06:15 AM
While browsing the forums, I found that kairi mentioned 2 new unown shaped like a (!) and a (?). Anyone know where I can get them?
Those are available in Fire Red & Leaf Green versions only. Consult www.serebii.net for more details

Simon
April 25th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Is there a move that raises Defense AND Special Defense in ANY of the Pokemon game versions?

Also, where and how do you get a Luxury/Timer Ball?

HowlingWolves
April 26th, 2004, 04:33 PM
What level does Trapinch evolve into whatever it's called and then flygon? What is the second evolutions name. Oh, and what elements is flygon?

Frostweaver
April 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Cosmic power raises both defenses...

as for the ingame stuff... i really don't remember any of it now o.o;

Kairi
April 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Flygon is a dragon/ground Pokmon with the trait Levitate Trapinch evolves into Vibrava at level thirty-five, then into Flygon at forty-five.

Bluejay390
April 26th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Question: Besides using pokeblocks is there another way to raise a pokemon's beauty?

Simon
April 26th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I guess you could use scarfs you get from the pokemon club in slateport (i think).

goku
April 27th, 2004, 01:19 PM
How do you use the calculator for cheat codes?

Simon
April 27th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Erm..don't double post?

Calculator
The Pokey Calc (PC) is a program that makes codes for any pokemon you want, any way you want it (well..it has limits). When you're on the PC site program, scroll down and you'll see stuff like Trainer Info, Pokemon Info. Don't worry about the stuff at the top that says Code Samples and stuff.

Just click the button for the cheat device you're using near the top. Scroll down, enter the information for the pokemon you want, and scroll back up, and click on the button that says 'Sample to Codes', and a list of codes will appear in the box on the left side of the screen.

For the pokemon info, you can make it shiny, make it any level you want, any move you want it to have, ribbons, happiness, what kind of ball you caught it with, where you caught it, it's nature, gender, pokerus, stats (although if you make it's total EV values over 510 when totaled up, you won't be able to transfer it to Coluseum), and all the other stuff. Codes are long though.

The AR for GBA is just...AR. The box it's in (for the latest version) has a picture of a wierd looking Groudon and Kyogre on one side and a wierd looking blonde kid on the other side. That's version 3.3. it comes with a disc to install a program on your computer so you can download codes onto your AR fom your comp, and it comes with a USB Cable to link up your AR with your PC.

Bluejay390
April 27th, 2004, 02:41 PM
I guess you could use scarfs you get from the pokemon club in slateport (i think).

Ok thank you very much :)
The only thing is that I don't need it any more. The berries I planted grw and I got six berries :D I was able to max out my feebas beauty and evolve it :) Then he won the Master beauty contest.
But thanks again I'll go get the scarf(if I don't already have it) and use it with another pokemon.

goku
April 29th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Erm..don't double post?

Calculator
The Pokey Calc (PC) is a program that makes codes for any pokemon you want, any way you want it (well..it has limits). When you're on the PC site program, scroll down and you'll see stuff like Trainer Info, Pokemon Info. Don't worry about the stuff at the top that says Code Samples and stuff.

Just click the button for the cheat device you're using near the top. Scroll down, enter the information for the pokemon you want, and scroll back up, and click on the button that says 'Sample to Codes', and a list of codes will appear in the box on the left side of the...................................
I keep getting bad eggs and when they hatch the screen turns black and I can't get my Deoxys.

Simon
April 29th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Hmmm...you shouldn't make Deoxys an egg. In the Calc, look for the option Egg Flag. It's somewhere under the shiny/pokerus stuff. If it's checked, the pokemon you want will first be an egg, if it is unchecked it'll just appear in your PC as a fully developed whatever based on what you entered in for it's stats.

I never knew bad eggs hatch...I thought they would never hatch.

goku
April 30th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Hmmm...you shouldn't make Deoxys an egg. In the Calc, look for the option Egg Flag. It's somewhere under the shiny/pokerus stuff. If it's checked, the pokemon you want will first be an egg, if it is unchecked it'll just appear in your PC as a fully developed whatever based on what you entered in for it's stats.

I never knew bad eggs hatch...I thought they would never hatch.Well, I took off the egg flag, and it still gave me a bad egg and it kept giving me more.One more thing,you know when you get the codes,after you press"samples to codes",it says"It is making noises,it is about to hatch",and when it hatches, well you know.Oh,and the pokemon calc. dosen't work anymore.

SuperCody2004
April 30th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I have a gameshark for gameboy advance can i still use Ru/Sapp cheats with it.

AJHalliwell
May 1st, 2004, 09:34 AM
Hey, sorry to bother ya, but I have a level 15 Wynaut, and I can't remember the name of the hold-item, that a pokemon holds so it doesn't evolve. Ie: so I don't have to click B every level up, it just doesn't evolve.
Whats that Item called again? And is it available in Sapphire?

Simon
May 1st, 2004, 09:57 AM
Everstone. You can get one in the Granite Cave or whatever the cave by Dewford is called. It's not one of those items that look like a Pokeball on the ground. It's a rock and you get it by pressing 'A' on the rock.

AJHalliwell
May 1st, 2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks! I found it, me and my wynaut thank you!
This site is so cool.

goku
May 1st, 2004, 03:59 PM
Is VBA or CBA similar to GSSP or ARV3?

Kenta-kun
May 1st, 2004, 04:07 PM
VBA's the best GBA emulator u can get

HowlingWolves
May 2nd, 2004, 07:30 AM
Where can you find an already evolved Wailord, I don't want to raise a Wailmer because I don't like Wailmer, or wailord, I need him to catch the Regis.

Simon
May 2nd, 2004, 08:09 AM
You can't catch a fully eovlved Wailord. You have to evolve one...just use rare candies or something...

goku
May 2nd, 2004, 08:39 AM
VBA's the best GBA emulator u can get
Can you buy it?

Simon
May 2nd, 2004, 08:55 AM
It's free isn't it? I have one to test all the codes I get from the Calculator since I can paste them right on so I don't waste my time entering a code that doesn't work. I forgot where I downloaded my VBA though.

HowlingWolves
May 2nd, 2004, 09:29 AM
Rare Candies? phmm.. I'VE ONLY FOUND LIKE ONE OR TWO OF THOSE IN THE WHOLE GAME AND I BEAT IT! i read somewhere where you can find wailords, but I don't remember.

Simon
May 2nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
Get them using AR or GSSP. Or if you don't have one, use Zigzagoons's special ability (Pick-Up) and fight those Pokemon that holds rare cnadies and the Ziggys will just steal the candies for you...I forgot which pokemon has the cnaides though.

Solid Reptile
May 2nd, 2004, 10:31 AM
You can't catch a fully eovlved Wailord. You have to evolve one...just use rare candies or something...

rare candy's are as bad as f*ck

you wont get the stats from 1 level up that u would actually get after fighting and get 1 level up :(

Simon
May 2nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
rare candy's are as bad as f*ck

you wont get the stats from 1 level up that u would actually get after fighting and get 1 level up :(

That won't matter if you know how to gain EVs. When you level up, you gain a base amount of stats, plus additional stats from EVs. If you use Rare Candies to level up you just gain the base amount of stats and only that. But that won't matter cause you can just go fight wild Pokemon and gain the EVs back, so in the end, if you compared 2 of the same pokemon at level 100 (one leveled up using Rare Candies and the second by training), with same personality, same IV/DVs, and with the same amount of EVs in each stat, they would both be the same and equal in power.

BTW: You shouldn't swear. You're not suppose to swear, including using other letters/symbols to bypass the censor.

Solid Reptile
May 2nd, 2004, 11:48 AM
That won't matter if you know how to gain EVs. When you level up, you gain a base amount of stats, plus additional stats from EVs. If you use Rare Candies to level up you just gain the base amount of stats and only that. But that won't matter cause you can just go fight wild Pokemon and gain the EVs back, so in the end, if you compared 2 of the same pokemon at level 100 (one leveled up using Rare Candies and the second by training), with same personality, same IV/DVs, and with the same amount of EVs in each stat, they would both be the same and equal in power.

BTW: You shouldn't swear. You're not suppose to swear, including using other letters/symbols to bypass the censor.

if you say so.. are there people who say he's right?

cause is compared two of the same pokemon

1 leveled up using rare candy's

and 1 by hard training

and they where not equal

Simon
May 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM
if you say so.. are there people who say he's right?
cause is compared two of the same pokemon
1 leveled up using rare candy's
and 1 by hard training
and they where not equal

'Sigh' :sleeping: ...if you actually read my post, you would've read that more than just the level change stats. There are about 16 hidden values that change stats (which includes the EV/IV/DV values I mentioned in my post somewhere up there) and there's personality, which increases 1 stat by 10 percent and decreases another by 10 percent. You know what...just read the Advanced Trainer Guide for Training Pokemon : To Maximize the Strength of Your Team posted by frostweaver. It's one of the stickys.

starmie fighter
May 2nd, 2004, 11:54 AM
Where can you find an already evolved Wailord, I don't want to raise a Wailmer because I don't like Wailmer, or wailord, I need him to catch the Regis.
surf down from mossdeep till you can go down no further andkeep surfing around that route (129 i think) then wailord should apear (about 1 out of 100 though)

Kenta-kun
May 2nd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Route 128, actually. Not sure how to catch it (whether u hafat surf, or fish, or w/e) but according to the Pokdx, it's there

HowlingWolves
May 2nd, 2004, 05:18 PM

No, their stats AREN'T the same, the one raised by rare candies is weaker then the one raised by battling.

Simon
May 2nd, 2004, 05:27 PM
Whatever...I'll just wait til frostweaver or some other Pokey pro comes along...but i'll just post this exerpt from weaver's guide

From frostweaver's guide To Maximixe the Strength of Your Team - 3) In Ruby/Sapphire, stats growth are calculated by EV. You get a hidden amount of EV for every opponent you battle. Every Pokemon gives a different amount of EV in different categories. For example, a Zigzagoon gives you EV +1 in speed, while a Spinda gives EV +1 in sp.att. 4 points of EV means +1 in stats for that category. However, you can only get up to 512 EV, meaning maximizing only 2 category out of HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Def and Speed. So you must choose who to battle. Now that you're at lvl 100, even if you don't have any EV growth, you can still KO anyone. So choose which area of EV to improve on, and choose your opponents wisely. Train for hours until you get an effort ribbon (meaning that your EV has been maximized). Put it in the box like the classical GSC box trick to maximize stats. Voila...

Frostweaver
May 2nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
No, their stats AREN'T the same, the one raised by rare candies is weaker then the one raised by battling.
rare candy works like this... it gives you 1 lvl worth of normal exp and 0 EV. When you battle, EV will be earned automatically depending on which Pokemon you face. EV is a secret number that determines how much stats you get. A pokemon will grow according to a base stat, while gaining some additional stats depending on EV. Let's use an Alakazam for example.

For simplicity's sake, we'll have a lvl 1 Alakazam (impossible but it'll get the point across)

Lvl 1 Alakazam without EV has this stats assuming 31 IV in all categories
HP 12
Atk 6
Def 6
Sp.Atk 8
Sp.Def 7
Spd 7

Using rare candy to lvl up this Alakazam then... Meaning he will be gaining level without any EV at all. Alakazam will have...

HP 251
Atk 136
Def 126
Sp.Atk 306 (INSANE!!)
Sp.Def 206
Spd 276

However, one category of stats can have up to 252 EV, or a 63 point increase. You can manipulate what EV you get by choosing who you're going to battle. So if you use EV training method, and battles nothing but Numel (+1 sp.atk per Numel) and Zubat (+1 EV per Zubat), then you'll get an Alakazam with this...

HP 251
Atk 136
Def 126
Sp.Atk 369 (EVEN MORE INSANE!!)
Sp.Def 206
Spd 339

As you see the stats will change for a very significant amount with EV manipulation. If you "train normally", you'll be getting a random amount of EV therefore having varying stats as you go along. However, if you first use rare candy, then EV train and box trick it, then you can have a much easier time manipulating your EV (because at lvl 100, anything dies at one hit so you can choose your opponents). In the end, rare candy is a better training method as long as you also use the EV/Box trick with it. Hope this clear things up.

Solid Reptile
May 3rd, 2004, 12:23 AM
hmm i see

this makes it clear to me

thnx :classic:

goku
May 3rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
It's free isn't it? I have one to test all the codes I get from the Calculator since I can paste them right on so I don't waste my time entering a code that doesn't work. I forgot where I downloaded my VBA though.
So, you can downlaod a VBA?

Kenta-kun
May 3rd, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yup. just search on Google for Visual Boy Advance

Simon
May 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM
Yup. just search on Google for Visual Boy Advance

I think you can download one at gbxemu.com...isn't this kinda like the wrong place to be talking about ROM/Emu?

goku
May 4th, 2004, 12:39 PM
I think you can download one at gbxemu.com...isn't this kinda like the wrong place to be talking about ROM/Emu?
I'm talking about cartidges.

Simon
May 4th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Are there any moves like Confuse Ray and Attract that can be learned by Gengar?

Frostweaver
May 4th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Gengar can learn will o wisp, toxic, destiny bond, nightshade, seismic toss, mean look, substitute and perish song as well in terms of indirect damage/annoying move. Such a wide movepool and high speed makes Gengar one of the most common used Pokemon out there (it can also be a special sweeper too learning psychic, giga drain and thunderbolt, and thanks for balance as it can't learn wave).

Note: there are physical gengars out there for the sole purpose of Blissey mauling, and a little surprise

Simon
May 4th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Physical Gengars??? Does Gengar only have an ATk stat of only like 150? Mine is only like 167.

Simon
May 7th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Does the Secret Trainer ID determine what kind of Trainer appears in yuor base on the other person's game file when you mix records???

If it is...how do you figure out what your Secret Trainer ID is?

What are dark types weak agaisnt?

Mr Cat Dog
May 8th, 2004, 12:06 AM
When you mix records, a trainer will appear in your secret base. The last number of the mixer's ID will determine the identity of the trainer. I can't remember but I think the list goes like this:

0 and 5 - Youngster
1 and 6 - Bug Catcher
2 and 7 - Can't remember...
3 and 8 - Gentlemen or Lady
4 and 9 - Cooltrainer (Male or Female)

I'm probably wrong since this is from Memory

Dark type attacks are weak against: Fighting, Dark and Steel
Dark Pokemon are weak against: Fighting and Bug

~ MCD

Flight
May 8th, 2004, 06:10 PM
where do i download pokemon games?
is it ilegal?

Frostweaver
May 8th, 2004, 06:11 PM
it is illegal to Nintendo's standard but there are websites out there hosting them.

PC itself does support hack but we do not support roms, so i'm afraid we can't help you on this one ^_^;

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 8th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Emulation/Patches Discussion has hacks which you can play, but there are none playable straight away without the actual ROM (not the cart). I can't link you to ROMs either, it's a rule.

Simon
May 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
How do I get Wurmple to evolve into Silcoon...or was it Cascoon? Whichever one evolves into Beutifly is the one I want. I've evolved 5 Wurmples and each time I get Dustox.

Chaos_Hunter
May 9th, 2004, 05:20 PM
How do I get Wurmple to evolve into Silcoon...or was it Cascoon? Whichever one evolves into Beutifly is the one I want. I've evolved 5 Wurmples and each time I get Dustox.

I always thought that a female wurmple would become a beautifly but that didnt work out I would recommend just catching a silcoon that already evolved from wurmple.

Simon
May 9th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Where do get a Good Rod? I started a new game so I kinda forgot everything

Frostweaver
May 9th, 2004, 06:50 PM
it depends on the time of the day you evolve Wurmple. At day time it's Beautifly, and at night time it's Dustox.

Mr Cat Dog
May 9th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Actually, it's completely random. I used to think that, but when I started a new game in Ruby, I got two Wurmples, and I trained them both to get a Dustox to trade to my brother. It was 9:00, and the first one evolved into Dustox (as expected), but the second one evolved into Beautifly. I then consulted some of the other guides om the web, and they confirmed that it was random.

~ MCD

Frostweaver
May 9th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Confirmed: random evolution... no certain pattern is found regarding evolution (stats, time, personality, item attachment) regarding wurmple. Mr Cat Dog is correct about wurmple's little mystery ^_^;

<= completely rusted of his knowledge on the game, and just bombs on netbattle battling XD;;

Simon
May 10th, 2004, 03:02 PM
I just remembered that I read somewhere that having rain in a battle raises the accuracy of Thunder to 100 percent. Is this true? I'm just wondering cause a Thunder attack missed while it was raining. I think it was raining...

Frostweaver
May 10th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Thunder has a BASE accuracy of 100% in the rain. Solarbeam can fire immediately in the sun. Time-related healing moves are 1/2 as effective in the rain, and twice the power in the sun. ^_^;

coco
May 11th, 2004, 02:44 PM
this is a weird question, but i need to know..is http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2127/magmaman.png a male or female? i'm pretty sure it's male, but in Ruby his name's Tabitha! help mee!

Chaos_Hunter
May 11th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Lol I dought it matters if that dude is male of female. I would go with male even if his name is tabitha. Many people have strange names.

One more thing, is it at all possible to find a wailord i really dont want to train a wailmer to lv40, takes lots of exp :(

Simon
May 14th, 2004, 08:23 PM
1. Does Rain Dance increase Hydrop Pump's accuracy?
2. What are Kingdra's weaknesses?

Frostweaver
May 14th, 2004, 08:57 PM
lol... Rain dance + Kingdra + hydro pump combo? ;p
I use that myself as one of my stapled Pokemon on all of my teams.

Kingdra is weak to NOTHING but dragon, and all dragon move users are weak to either ice or water pretty much. Hydro pump's accuracy was never that bad, and rain dance has no influence on accuracy issue for hydro. Kingdra is actually EASILY countered by anything with water absorb, or special staller. All kingdras have pure special attack, with ice beam and hydro/surf stapled on it. Milotic and Vaporeon are two exampes which screw Kingdra over completely. Kingdras sometimes have toxic to defeat these pokemon, but really Milotic (who almost always have toxic as well) will kill kingdra a lot faster.

Currently I gave my Kingdra HP Electric as well just to kill Vaporeons, and it is actually going very well. However, Gardevoir is still a big problem due to the high sp.def, and of course there's Regice and Blissey...

Simon
May 14th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Currently I gave my Kingdra HP Electric as well just to kill Vaporeons, and it is actually going very well. However, Gardevoir is still a big problem due to the high sp.def, and of course there's Regice and Blissey...

Umm...yeah I know. I copied your Kingdra. I could never think of a good set for my Kingdra. Hehe. :D

Chaos_Hunter
May 15th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Heres a ques. Whats the diff between the eon ticket and the ss ticket? and is there is one how and where do u use the eon ticket..

Edit: I got the eon ticket through gameshark gs but it dosent seem to be working or i just dont know how to use it,or it simply dosent work from gs

Kenta-kun
May 15th, 2004, 05:10 PM
The Eon Ticket takes u to the island where either Latios or Latias is (depending on your version), so that u have a chance to catch it. You get the Eon ticket through a Nintendo event (there was one in an issue of Nintendo Power a little while back, too). It comes in the form of an e-card, which you need to swipe through an e-reader to get the Eon ticket in your game. The SS ticket is what lets you use the ship in the game

awkwardsilencer
May 15th, 2004, 05:26 PM
hey how do i raise golbats happieness so that i get crobat?

Chaos_Hunter
May 15th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Use it in battle a lot,give em items like proteins,iron,etc.,give em item to hold. This how i got mine :)

Edit: Theres no tellin how long it'll take and it can hold any item you want as long as its holdin sumtin

awkwardsilencer
May 15th, 2004, 05:41 PM
how long should it take?... and should i have it hold soothe bell? and do vivid scents help from coliseum?

ryan
May 15th, 2004, 06:50 PM
ya, soothe bell is a cool thing to do, the way i did it, was i just kept my zubat in front of my party from level five until it got raised to golbat (soothe bell all the way). then it already liked me a lot, so i gave it a bunch of pokeblocks and vitamins. and at the next level it evolved into crobat. fun.

awkwardsilencer
May 16th, 2004, 09:05 AM
i already got golbat,its lvl 40 now, its wearing soothebell, and i dont know the lvl i started, im gussing like 32 tho. i also maxed out the proteins on it.

Simon
May 16th, 2004, 09:32 AM
You could also check how much it likes you from the lady in Verdanturf town. I think she's in the house in the bottom left corner.

awkwardsilencer
May 16th, 2004, 03:52 PM
hey when i use return...and then keep using it, i noticed that as a pokemon likes you more it shows u more hits.

Frostweaver
May 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM
yes it does. the graphic changes a little bit with frustration and return depending on their happiness level. The maximum power for these 2 attacks are 102 as well, which is very high.

awkwardsilencer
May 16th, 2004, 03:58 PM
how mayn happy points do pokeblocks add?

nvm i just got my crobat, hes awesome too, aircutter, bite, return, and confuse ray are a good moveset for now, ill prolly keep return and maybe aircutter, but whats otehr good moves for it?

Simon
May 17th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Is it possible to make a Metagross give an egg? I'm trying to get a shiny one without using the Calc. If it can't make an egg, I'll be forced to use a Calc.

Kairi
May 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Yes, you can hatch Beldum, its in the Mineral egg group.

Simon
May 17th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Are you sure? Every guide I've looked at on Gamefaqs so far say it's either unbreedable or can only be bred by Ditto. I guess I'll try breeding it anyways.

Frostweaver
May 17th, 2004, 07:22 PM
I double checked myself using netbattle pokedex, and it goes into the mineral egg group.

raveberuk
May 17th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Is it possible to trade using GBA Emulator?

Simon
May 18th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Do Enigma berries grow? I've had an Enigma berry sitting in the ground for the past 3 days and it's still a mound of nothing.

Frostweaver
May 18th, 2004, 09:21 PM
well first of all, make sure if the clock problem in your game is fixed... (if it's a gba... ahh bad luck for you then)

Secondly, it takes up to 96 hours to grow o.o; have fun waiting?

Simon
May 18th, 2004, 09:27 PM
96 hours...96 hours of active playing or just 96 hours real-time???

I don't have the glitch yet, I just got my game 2 months ago. Hmm..maybe I do..I don't know..I don't understand what they mean by one year. One year of playing or just 1 year after the first release of R/S? I still don't think I have it since all my toher berries grow...except enigma, petaya..and mainly all the ones near the bottom of the list.

Frostweaver
May 18th, 2004, 10:07 PM
all of them requires 96 hours of time ^_^; it doesn't need active playing but just 96 hours later.

The 1 year thing is after you have your file for 1 year I believe... so that means 10 months from now the clock will start to suck up o.o; (I believe that's how it goes... i think... i forgot too much ingame stuff)

Simon
May 20th, 2004, 05:23 PM
How do I get Counter to work? It won't work for me at all agaisnt Physical attacks. Dooes my Pokey have to be the second one to move or the first one? Last time I've used Counter was in R/B/Y and it never worked for me. I just want to know so I don't end up wasting 30 seconds to make a Blissey using the Calc.

My pokemon playing friends are gonna hate me. I've surprised that their 4.0 GPA, pre-calulas math courses minds in 8th grade haven't figured out I cheat yet...I hope none of them are on PC.

EDIT: By the way, which ability should I give my Blissey? Natural Cure or Serene Grace? And should I give it Leftys or a berry that increases DEF/SPDEF? If berry, which one?

Frostweaver
May 20th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Normally I'll be glad to help but it is against my morals to help out a blissey moveset

As for counter, it always strike last even slower than vital throw. The amount of hp damage done by your oppoennt's physical attack multipled by 2 will be the amount of hp damage counter does. However, counter fails unless the attack is normal/bug/ghost/fighting/ground/flying/steel/rock (hidden power regardless of types is treated as physical). It will also automatically miss against a ghost type.

Kairi
May 20th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Special Attacking Blissey doesnt do too bad, but youll almost always want Natural Cure not Serene Grace umm

Heal Bell

Softboiled

Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

252 HP and defense if you wanna play safe, otherwise no HP, max special attack and defense, or max HP no defense.

Chaos_Hunter
May 23rd, 2004, 11:32 AM
Where do you find heracross? I knw its in the safari zone but where is he and do you need a poke block to make him come out??

usami
May 23rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
Heracross is in the northeast part of the Safari Zone I don't think you need a pokeblock.

Simon
May 23rd, 2004, 12:21 PM
What's the point of Poroks in the SZ anyways? It doesn't seem to increase the chances of finding a rare pokemon or anything at all.

Lanceiscool
May 24th, 2004, 06:19 AM
SUre it does! Put a pokeblock anywhere, and some pokemon who like that pokeblock will flock there.

Kabutops
May 24th, 2004, 06:50 AM
hey i have a question (duh). umm can n e 1 rate my team, it's the thread called "what's the ultimate team". somehow my friend keeps beating me and we have lvls about the same, but his team still kicks my but.lol

Hakudoushi-kun
May 25th, 2004, 05:18 PM
What's the point of Poroks in the SZ anyways? It doesn't seem to increase the chances of finding a rare pokemon or anything at all.
it does. usually common pkmn appear near the blok, so the rare ones are farther away, on the edges on the tall grass area

Deoxys55
May 31st, 2004, 11:18 AM
I have a problem..I raise my Feebas' beauty stats to almost max and give it a rare candy but it won't evolve! And when I raise it to almost max and talk to the pokmon fan club guy, he says it needs more pokblocks, but it won't eat any more! Am I doing something wrong?

Simon
May 31st, 2004, 11:21 AM
Are you sure that you have the beauty stat raised? Feebas should evolve when it gains a level with a Beauty stat of 50.

Deoxys55
May 31st, 2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the advice, but how do you tell how many stats it has? Also I just found out I have the berry glitch so that might have something to do with the slatport pokgclub guy...

Simon
May 31st, 2004, 08:06 PM
I don't know how you figure it out but the max for any of them is 255. So you could try fractions and divide up the section into different parts. 50 isn't much though, one good level 40-49 berry with high Beauty will be enough.

RedAdmiral
June 2nd, 2004, 06:25 AM
What's the difference between attack and special attack in stats? like how do they effect the attack/damange?

also, can you boost hp growth ?

katty
June 2nd, 2004, 06:46 AM
it doesn't really matter, special attacks are attacks that's based on "power" and normal attacks are phisical suck ash tackle. Only special attacks are effective against ghost pokemon.

for raising its HP, you should try to level it up. you can give it a maco brace but that'll lower its speed stat.

Hinoshi-chan
June 2nd, 2004, 06:58 AM
Just to ask, But is there a Mew mail In pokemon Ruby? I heared there is
I wanted to know if you can get hold of one!

Also

Does anyone know how to get a corphish thing ( that crab ash has )
or Feabus? that little fish thingy

Frostweaver
June 2nd, 2004, 02:06 PM
What's the difference between attack and special attack in stats? like how do they effect the attack/damange?

also, can you boost hp growth ?
question a) psychic type, dragon type, electric type, fire type, ice type, water type, grass type and dark type attacks run off your special attack stats. The other runs off the other type.

GHOST IS PHYSICAL! regardless of how 'special' shadowball looks.

question b) gain more HP Evs then. Fight Whismur in Rusturf tunnel as only whismurs are there and it's gurantee to have +1 HP EV everytime

Pikachu Fan38
June 2nd, 2004, 05:58 PM
Seto girl,Mew is not in Ruby and Sapphire you can use
a gameshark to get it thou.And To get corpish you need to go fishing for
it in one of the water routes.If I find which one i'll tell you

Enix-Zae
June 3rd, 2004, 03:41 AM
just a quick question, i dont know if this is anywhere else, but can shiney pokemon breed? ive had two and they both wouldnt breed (and yes i do know the breeding groups)

Jirachi3
June 3rd, 2004, 08:24 AM
Yes they can breed and the pokemon they breed will also be shiney.You can find corphish on the route inbetween Mauville and Verdinturf.

Frostweaver
June 3rd, 2004, 02:08 PM
Shiny parents do not affect the child at all... the child may not be a shiny Pokemon, or else shiny will be a lot easier to get if you have a shiny ditto huh?

Simon
June 3rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
Pokemon will only not breed if the old guy says "The two Pokemon perfer to play with other Pokemon". If it says that, the Pokemon will never breed. Otherwise, they will breed. It will just take longer if what the old guy says isn't really good, even if it says The two don't llike each other, they'll still breed. It'll just take longer.

EDIT: How does Traunt work? Does it mAKE Slaking attack like...

Attack, skip, skip, attack, skip, skip, attack, etc...
or...
Attack, skip, attack, skip, attack, etc...

katty
June 3rd, 2004, 06:23 PM
Just to ask, But is there a Mew mail In pokemon Ruby? I heared there is
I wanted to know if you can get hold of one!

Also

Does anyone know how to get a corphish thing ( that crab ash has )
or Feabus? that little fish thingy

No, there is not such mail in ruby/sapphire. If you are interested in mails just ask XD

Use the super rod to fish for corpish in the ponds located in petaburg city.

Once again, use a super rod to catch a feebas. feebas is the exclusive ugly pokemon located in the river on route 119(below fortree). be pacient becuase it takes quite a while to find, only 6 random tiles contain them.

Jirachi3
June 4th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Does anybody know how to get the wish tag?

Lighkia
June 4th, 2004, 09:50 AM
How do you get more ribbons(beside the 4 contests and sketch model)?

Simon
June 4th, 2004, 11:55 AM
There is no such thing as a Wish Tag. I've typed that line so many times regarding your question Jirachi...STOP ASKING!!!

If your first Pokemon's EVs are maxed out, go to Slateport City and go to the Marketplace (not the PokeMart) and talk to the lady next to the guy selling Vitamins (those are things like Carbos, etc) and if your first Pokemon in your team has maxed out it's EVs, you'll get an Effort Ribbon.

If you have access to the Battlw Tower, beat any level 50 times in a row and the 3 Pokemon you used will get a Ribbon. Beat it 100 times in a row for a second ribbon. Doing those 2 things also earns you a trophy to put in yuor Secret Base.

I think you can also earn more Ribbons by competing in offical tournaments and playing Pokemon Colloseum.

Mew9
June 7th, 2004, 05:28 AM
where do u get the berry block case???? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.

Also, where can i catch an Absol? Sorry bout da double post, my internet's messed up and the edit button isn't there

EDIT: Please do not double post. If you want to post again in a thread, yet no one responded in that thread after your last post, just use the edit button and add in the new message.

RedAdmiral
June 7th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Go to Slateport City -> Red Contest House -> Talk to the little girl, she has two Pokeblock Case and will give u a spare.

To catch Absol go to Route 120
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I look up Geodude and Rhyhorn...
they r both rock and ground type, but for geodude it's Rock/Ground, Rhyhorn Ground/Rock..does this has any meaning? Rock is the primary type for geodude and secondary for Rhyhorn?

Kenta-kun
June 8th, 2004, 07:02 AM
I don't think it makes any difference, but I'm not positive. It's never been mentioned in any of the player's guides, so I doubt it has any effect on gameplay...it's the same 2 types, after all

Zangoose13
June 8th, 2004, 11:04 PM
On the game it says something about a wish tag whats that.

What is it i mean the wish tag? Also how do you get it

EDIT: Please don't double post. If you want to add something to your post, use the edit button ^_^;

RedAdmiral
June 8th, 2004, 11:20 PM
What is it i mean the wish tag? Also how do you get it

Read the posts in this thread before you ask your questions cuz they might have been answered already. (or at least the last page)

Like demonchaos916 have said...

There is no such thing as a Wish Tag.(in game at least)

Cassie-chan
June 9th, 2004, 03:16 PM
I have an eon ticket. How can you make it take you to southern Island? I have beat the Elite Four and caught Latios...(this is in Ruby)

Kenta-kun
June 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
If u have the Eon Ticket as an real card, then u hafta scan it using an e-reader (u alkso need to get the feature called Mystery Event in your game). Then the island will be a destination u can go 2 on the ship

Cassie-chan
June 9th, 2004, 05:50 PM
If u have the Eon Ticket as an real card, then u hafta scan it using an e-reader (u alkso need to get the feature called Mystery Event in your game). Then the island will be a destination u can go 2 on the ship
I have it in my game...but it won't show up as a place I can go...maybe it's because I got it with an Action Replay...

BG713
June 12th, 2004, 08:25 AM
im kinda new to this so some help would be appreciated. i would like to know where to catch flygon in the ruby version. thank you.

Frostweaver
June 12th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Flygon cannot be caught. However, you can capture a wild Trapinch in the desert and train it up to a Vibrava, then a Flygon.

and welcome to the community BG713! And I like you already for being one of the rare new members who like to post stuff in simple questions rather than start 20000 threads on how to catch ______ Pokemon. ^_^

Jirachi3
June 12th, 2004, 11:55 AM
You have to get the activation code for action replay if you want it to take you to S. island

+el_pal
June 13th, 2004, 03:09 PM
In my Sapphire game Latias is down to its last health point and is paralyzed. It always escapes when I use my Ultra Ball. I was thinking about getting a Pokemon that knows Mean Look (other moves like that too) or getting a Trapinch (or other) that has the Arena Trap ability. Does this work on Latias?

Kenta-kun
June 13th, 2004, 04:26 PM
In Mossdeep city, there's a house that has a door on the back wall. The door is locked. It must exist for some reaosn...why is it there?

Simon
June 13th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Guy with Pichu avatar: Yes, it works.

Kenta: Are you sure there's a locked door? I've run aorund the entire place for 10 minutes going behind every house and I found nothing.

Frostweaver
June 13th, 2004, 08:43 PM
In my Sapphire game Latias is down to its last health point and is paralyzed. It always escapes when I use my Ultra Ball. I was thinking about getting a Pokemon that knows Mean Look (other moves like that too) or getting a Trapinch (or other) that has the Arena Trap ability. Does this work on Latias?
Arena trap will fail due to Levitate (treat Arena trap as a ground ability). And trapinch won't survive... best choice possible is still Wobbuffet... auto-trap, and resistant to luster purge/mist ball.

scizor_the_armoured_bug
June 13th, 2004, 10:33 PM
how do u edit the trainer card on R/S.

Simon
June 13th, 2004, 10:51 PM
If by edit you mean chnging how many battles you've won, Pokemon Contests, Battle Tower stuff, etc, you can either go on to GameFaqs.com and check the guides for codes (those guides are at the bottom of the FAQ secyion for Ruby/Sapphire [both have the same guides, no difference] and they have the codes) or you could use a Pokemon Calculator to get more specific results.

XYZMAN's Calculator can do that, There's a link to a site that lets you download it somewhere in my signature. It makes codes for GSA, PARv.3, VBA, CBA, and I think there's more but I can't remember.

Or if you don't want to cheat, spend about an houring winning through Battl Tower, beating your friends in battles/contests, making PokeBlocks, and umm..what else is there?

Hinoshi-chan
June 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM
I finnaly caught a feebas, But how does the little critter Evolve?

BladeForever
June 16th, 2004, 07:24 AM
I finnaly caught a feebas, But how does the little critter Evolve?

You have to raise it's beauty nearly to maximum. Once you reach that point and level up one more time it will become a Milotic. One problem, as you may know you can only feed a pokemon 12 times before it no longer wants to eat soo... Only feed it Blue & Indigo blocks to raise it's beauty. (dont froget some pokemon like certain colored blocks.. this goes by there personalities)

~Blade~

Kenta-kun
June 16th, 2004, 03:20 PM
How do u raise beauty?

(love the avatar & sig, btw...Naruto rocks! You read or watch it?)

BladeForever
June 16th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Like I said in the other post you have to feed it blue/indigo Poke blocks, now you can create some by mixing berries in a berry blender. I advise going to LilyCove and go into the Pokemon Contest building, there you can blend with 3 people, which mean's possible better berries. (smoother ones)

(Yes I watch Naruto, I have the DVD collection, games, Manga, and etc.)

~Blade~

Poke'gangster
June 23rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
How do you get Fab mail in Poke'mon Ruby. I heard you can somehow get Fab mail?

Jirachi
June 24th, 2004, 02:36 AM
How do you get Fab mail in Poke'mon Ruby. I heard you can somehow get Fab mail?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, so I can't help you.

My question:
What is EV training, what does it do, and what are the best places for certain statuses?

Simon
June 24th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Read Frosty's Avanced Trainer Guide. He explains what EVs are there. I'm not going to be able to do a good job of explaining it.

Neo14
June 24th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Please excuse my stupidity. But how do I get to Paciflidog..I have beaten the elite four and never had a reason to go there...I just happened to be looking at my PokeNave and noticed a place that I havent even been to yet. I tried surfing but all the water routes seemed to be blocked off buy random rocks. Fly obviously isnt a choice since I havent been there before. Can som1 please give a specific route to Pacifidog. Its a shame I cant find it
Thanks all

Mew9
June 24th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I think u hav to use dive to get under some rocks blocking ur path, but i'm not sur. I think i'm right. try that.

Simon
June 24th, 2004, 05:28 PM
You can go to Pacidlog Town just by Surfing no diving whatsoever. Your problem is that you're too close to Sootopolis. Sootopolis is like on top of a mountain in a Gulf like area(Imagine the Gulf of Mexico). You're surfing around the inside of the gulf so you hit the rocks. And the gulf has more than one wall of rocks...I think. If you go from Mossdeep and go striagnt south going around a little rock every now and then, you should be able to reach the bottom of the map with no problem. Then just go west all the way to get to Pacidlog.

Neo14
June 24th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Ive got it...Thanks the both of you for your replys

Cyndaquil
June 26th, 2004, 12:56 AM
>When does berrys grow up? They're never do for me! :X

Kenta-kun
June 26th, 2004, 06:26 AM
You have to water them with the Wailmer Pail for them to grow

Simon
June 26th, 2004, 09:34 AM
The berries should still grow even if you don't water them. Water only speeds up the rate at which they grow. If you have the Berry Glitch, then the berries won't grow.

Da_Green_Teddy
June 27th, 2004, 01:44 PM
would a pokemon's nature affect it's IVs or EVs at all?

Simon
June 27th, 2004, 06:59 PM
no it wont. personalititiea reduce/increase 2 stats by 10percent forguve my bad typing. i'm using one hsand to tupe. eatinh puzza with thre othdrr

EDIT: List everything Brick Break can break through. heck to make this simple, can it break a Safegaurd?

Timbjerr
June 27th, 2004, 08:58 PM
as far as I know, Brick Break only breaks through Reflect and Light Screen.

I got something that's been irking me for ever...Is there any significance to that house in Mossdeep City? The one with a back door that is locked and a man that says something along the lines of, "After my many years of traveling, nothing pleases me more than to see young trainers battling."

Simon
June 27th, 2004, 09:10 PM
What house are you talking about?? I saw you ask this a long while back and I checked every house I could find in Mossdeep. None of them have a backdoor. Could you at least tell which house?

Frostweaver
June 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
i thought that it has something to do with E-card scanned trainers or something... :rumor: O.o;

but don't trust me when it comes down to ingame stuff... I suck at that.

Simon
June 27th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Hey Frosty...this is WAAY off topic, but how come you have no avatar? Show us a picture of your physics exam score.

Frostweaver
June 27th, 2004, 09:34 PM
because my Pen2 almost died trying to load all those darn flashy avatars on PC... so I deleted the avatar, and turned anything optional off in terms of viewing PC just to speed this up a little... o.O;

Timbjerr
June 27th, 2004, 10:26 PM
What house are you talking about?? I saw you ask this a long while back and I checked every house I could find in Mossdeep. None of them have a backdoor. Could you at least tell which house?
grr...*grabs GBA to find verification*

It is a house just south of the town's Pokmart.

Simon
June 27th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Pen2...that's like an artifact. My old comp used to have a Pen2, with 56MB of RAM. But, after 3 years of begging, I finally got a new computer. Heh. Okay, I'm done here. Gotta do homework.

EDIT: Found the house. No idea what it's purpose is. Might have something to do with Battlw Tower or your Link Battle Record. It's locked for me.

Master_Zangoose
June 28th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Where do you find/how do you get chimecho? I can't find it anywhere :(

Frostweaver
June 28th, 2004, 11:02 AM
1% chance of meeting one on top of Mt.Pyre ^_^;

Kenta-kun
June 28th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah, it'll take a while to find...just run around in the grass at the top of Mt. Pyre, it'll appear eventually

stewie&rupert
June 28th, 2004, 06:34 PM
how does endeavor work...?

Simon
June 28th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I'm assuming that if the user's HP is lower than the Pokemon you are aiming at, then Endeavor gains some attack power. It's like getting STAB but only when the user's HP is lower than the opponent's.

Cyndaquil
June 29th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Ok, I have never understand the Nature thing, exactly what is the Nature do, and what is a good bad nature? I have Quirky on my Cyndaquil (I am playing a hack so it has new starters...) and Impish on my Houndoom. What does this mean?

JFK4590
June 29th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Is there a way to make all the people, in the Fan Club in Lilycove, be fans of yours?

Frostweaver
June 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
the FAQ is going to be updated... within an hour. Check on that regarding the nature stuff ^_^; (if you see me talking about personality, then it's the same thing as nature... it's just that people call it personality before the game got translated, and I'm stuck calling it personality instead of the right term of 'nature')

Simon
June 29th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Is there a way to make all the people, in the Fan Club in Lilycove, be fans of yours?

Yes, it's possible to make everyone be a fan of yours. Just capture at least 185 Pokemon (or was it 165? Something in the hundreds ending in 5 that much I know), win a couple of Link Battles (the more, the better) and I think that's it.You get like 3 of them just from beating the E4 I think. Just capture Pokemon and battle people for the rest.

tonifersangel
June 29th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Ok, this is prolly a stupid question, but I just started playing ruby today. I noticed that the pokedex is alot different from the older versions, starting at Treeko. When I went to the pokemon website, i noticed many pokemon missing from the line-up. Are these pokemon non-existant in this game or can they be transfered via a link? Thank you for your help ^-^

Simon
June 29th, 2004, 04:17 PM
All 386 Pokemon are in the game. Yes you can get them all. You can get them all either from cheating or trading to/from FRLG once it comes out. If you trade from FRLG, your PokeDex changes to incorporate the original Pokemon. If you cheat to get the old Pokemon, then you need to cheat to change your Dex.

tonifersangel
June 29th, 2004, 07:35 PM
I am using a rom right now. I'm having difficulty patching this rom for all the pokemon to the game. It says it worked, but nothing changes in the game. . . .

Anyway, do you know if there's a way to link from the older games? Because I had 200 + on my silver.

Simon
June 29th, 2004, 07:37 PM
I said it up above in my post:FRLG.

Timbjerr
June 29th, 2004, 08:57 PM
you can't trade from older games to Ru/Sa.
Ru/Sa is only compatible with FR/LG and Colosseum. That's all that I know of

pichbob
June 29th, 2004, 10:01 PM
do mirage pokemon look special or do they look normal

Simon
June 29th, 2004, 10:53 PM
They look just like any other Pokemon.

Kenta-kun
June 30th, 2004, 07:41 AM
All 386 Pokemon are in the game. Yes you can get them all. You can get them all either from cheating or trading to/from FRLG once it comes out. If you trade from FRLG, your PokeDex changes to incorporate the original Pokemon. If you cheat to get the old Pokemon, then you need to cheat to change your Dex.

The Pokdex doesn't change to incorporate them. There really is no point in trading originals to R/S, as their data doesn't add to your Pokdex. In FR/LG, you can't get anything above the original 151 without the National Dex, which you get after you defeat the Elite 4. There is no National Dex in R/S, therefore, the data for any Pokmon not included in the R/S games won't be recorded

Toothache
June 30th, 2004, 07:47 AM
The Pokdex doesn't change to incorporate them. There really is no point in trading originals to R/S, as their data doesn't add to your Pokdex. In FR/LG, you can't get anything above the original 151 without the National Dex, which you get after you defeat the Elite 4. There is no National Dex in R/S, therefore, the data for any Pokmon not included in the R/S games won't be recorded

Yeah, this is true. I've managed to transfer all my Pokemon from Colosseum to Sapphire (several dozen Zigzagoon later :-s), and only 7 of those updated my Pokedex, the rest did not.

So yeah, to get a full 386 Pokedex, you'll need the National Pokedex from FR/LG. Happy waiting peeps :-)

Styles
June 30th, 2004, 05:15 PM

i thought as soon as you trade a fr/lg pokemon to r/s the pokedex updates itself?

Kenta-kun
June 30th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Nope. I thought that too, but, as stated above, any Pokmon not originally listed in the Hoenn dex won't be added

mewtwo87
July 1st, 2004, 11:47 AM
Is action replay beeter than gameshark SP. if so why.

gameboi
July 1st, 2004, 11:58 PM
where do you get surf? thnx

Simon
July 2nd, 2004, 12:24 AM
Mewtwo87: Read the bottom of the FAQ sticky. It's at the bottom explaining which is better.

tonifersangel: (AR and/or GSA1-2 only)
To unlock National Dex:
15E831F4 2F7ED308
DA560CBD BFA58820
6319638A 36FA43D5

Open up your PokeDex. If the background is grayish/whiteish then the code is working. Press Select, choose the 'Shift' option, and choose 'National' form there.

Disable Full Pokdex Codes :

92B00E97 E0E376DE
2E555C7B 81CEDCB1
7E1B2819 69F8DDE8

You get Surf after defeating your Dad (you can battle him anytime you want after earning 4 badges [or was it 5?]) in Petalburg. After defeating him, he'll mention something about Wally's UNcle wanting to thank/see you. From the gym, go to the left to find Uncle's house. Talk to him to get Surf.

gameboi
July 2nd, 2004, 11:46 AM
all right thanks... while your at it, i have two more questions

how do you get to sootopolis city and ever grande city when theres something thats blocking it?

and where do you find the red orb? i know team aqua has it ( since i have sapphire ) but question is, where are they to get the red orb back?

thanks a lot again

Simon
July 2nd, 2004, 01:53 PM
You get the Red Orb back from Team MA after you defeat/capture Kyogre/Groudon. Simply go to the top of Mt. Pyre where they first stole the orb and the Leader will be there. Talk to him for the Orb.

There are two parts to Ever Grande. The first part just has a Pokemon Center. To reach it, you need Hm Waterfall which is in the Cave of Origin (you can't miss it if you picked up every item you saw and it's right in your path). The second part is where the ELite Four is. You need to traverse Victory Road to reach them. You need Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, and Flash is optional, but recommended.

Sootopolis City can be reached by use HM Dive, which is given to you by Steven in Mossdeep City. Steven will be in his house where he lives on Mossdeep. Just go to every house to the northwest or the Pokemon Center since I forgot the exact house. Sootopolis is at the top of a mountain, so go around near the front base of the mountain where there is dive-able water (it'll be dark blue) and Dive underwater. Then just enter the cave and press "A" or "B" in the brighter patches of water while in the cave to re-surface in the water area of the city. Sootopolis also holds the Cave of Origin and you can't do anything else here until you go through the Cave.

gameboi
July 2nd, 2004, 04:37 PM
I see an old man blocking the way. o_O

Simon
July 2nd, 2004, 05:28 PM
Blocking the way to what?

gameboi
July 2nd, 2004, 05:35 PM
To the Cave of Origin. Which if I didn't go through there, no access to the gym leader.

Where do you get the master ball too? i'm planning to get Kyogre. or Groudon on which is available on those two.

mknote
July 2nd, 2004, 06:56 PM
I am a very lazy person, so I am sorry if someone has already posted on this topic. I looked on serebii.net, but didn't find satisfactory answers. I would like a list of ALL of the ribbons, not just the ones you can get ingame, and how to get them. Serebii.net has a list of all of them, but as it says a ribbon I have acquired from Colosseum is unobtainable, I don't trust it very much. Several of the are from tournaments, and I wondered how I could enroll in those.

MK

Golden Groudon
July 2nd, 2004, 07:00 PM
To the Cave of Origin. Which if I didn't go through there, no access to the gym leader.

Where do you get the master ball too? i'm planning to get Kyogre. or Groudon on which is available on those two.
Lol, you need to go to seafloar carven first. You have to dive to get there. It's a cave.

The masterball is at the Team Aqua/magma hideout.
If the door is sealed, then you missed your chance.
The second way to get a masterball is match all numbers at the lilycove department store lottery.

Timbjerr
July 2nd, 2004, 07:04 PM
and the Master Ball was in Team A/M's hideout just off the coast of LilyCove City. If you're already trying to get to Sootopolis City, then chances are, the cave is sealed and you blew your chances at a Master Ball.

But fear not, you can also get one for winning the lottery in the Lilycove PokMart.

Toothache
July 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
I found Kyogre very easy to catch without a Master Ball... took me a mere 2 Ultra Balls. Helps to have a squad in the mid 40's for easy capture. Try to avoid picking on the water weakness (although if it uses Calm Mind enough, that may be your only way to bring it's health down). Once in the red, just keep throwing those Ultra Balls, it's not actually that bad. Have something in your squad that can resist Ice and Water (a good Water type works for both, I used my Lombre (bad move with the Ice, I know) ) and watch out for Body Slam's paralysis. Apart from that, it should be a breeze...

If you want the Master Ball, however, you find it in Team Aqua's base. There's an area with 4 item balls on the ground.. one of those is a Nugget, one is the Master Ball, and the other 2 are L30 Electrodes. If you're past that and have missed the Master Ball, then you've got no chance of getting it unless you reset and start again, or win the Lotto at Lilycove. Odds of matching all 5 numbers are 1 in 100,000, divided by the different ID numbers in your pokemon squad. Good luck :-)

Golden Groudon
July 2nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
Masterball thing is one of the many things a pokemon ruby/sapphire player have trouble with.

Toothache
July 2nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
True, it can be easy to miss if you don't know where it is the first time around (I tend to explore everywhere I can get to anyway, so I found it first time).

bna_li
July 2nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
Actually I found Groudon much harder... even 40 ultra balls and still!!!!!!

Toothache
July 2nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Eep... better stock up for when I get Ruby... I've been having the weirdest luck when it comes to Pokemon catching lately... I caught Entei on Colosseum with a mere Pokeball - at yellow health levels, no less! - I threw only 2 Ultra Balls to bag Rayquaza, and just today, I bumped into Latias (and that was where I used my Master Ball). I spent 2 hours looking for Latias and then nothing, and then just as I was on my way to fish for a Feebas, passing through some grass, and there she was!

Sorry to go off topic, just had to mention it... anyway, looks like I got my work cut out for Groudon. Might just use my Master Ball for Groudon then, since I have Rayquaza and Latias on my Sapphire cart now, and once I get my friends EON ticket I'm off to get Latios :-)

Simon
July 3rd, 2004, 01:57 AM
Seafloor Cavern is underwater on Route something. It's one of the watery Routes off to the side of the map. If you go from Mossdeep and head South a little until there are some rocks, then go west until the rocks are clear, then you should start seeing diveable water. Dive and if the background/seafloor looks deep (like you can't see the bottom, but instead it shows you darkness on the ground), then you are on the right path. Just follow that south until you find a cave.

Golden Groudon
July 3rd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Go south of mossdeep you'll see dark places to dive. oh, and it maybe a long way to the cave.

Simon
July 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
*twitch* How dull can you get...?

If you paid any attention to the storyline, you'll see that Team Aqua/Magama stole a submarine to find the Seafloor Cavern. And seeing as how you found the submarine parked in a cave, wouldn't see assume that is where the Cavern is??? Ever try going into the cave where the submarine is and then rising to the surface while still inside???

Master_Zangoose
July 4th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Two questions lightly related, ok, this is driving me nuts, I only need 14 more pokemon, two of wich are azurill and azumarill. Question one is, do you evolve marill into azumarill through frendship? Second question is how do you get Azurill? I thought it was through hatching an egg, but that didn't work. Please help!

And try time balls for groundon, (you should be able to get them in rustboro's pokemart) I caught rayquaza in one after killing it and restarting about 10 times. Stupid outrage kept confusing him. Then he'd be at 1 health thanks to false swipes, and you can figure out the rest of the tale I'm sure.

Toothache
July 4th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Azumarill evolves from Marill at L18, it's the Azurill that evolves from Friendship :-) Breeding an Azurill involves the Marill/Azumarill parent holding the Sea Incense item, otherwise you just get a Marill instead. Same deal with a Wobbuffet, they need to be holding the Lax Incense to get a Wynaut, otherwise the baby is another Wobbuffet

Master_Zangoose
July 4th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Ok. Thank you very much!

bloodsnack
July 4th, 2004, 02:11 PM
How do you get to skypillar?

Someone kept telling me to go to Pacifidlog and head east
and someone told me to go to Sootopolis and dive out of there and head west. What is the right direction, please i'm confused.

:\

Toothache
July 4th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Well, I find it's nearer to Pacifidlog, but you can approach it from either direction... from Pacifidlog, head east, near the top of the route near the rocks, until you find a gap going up and west, this will snake back, and eventually bring you to land. Go through the passage, and you will find yourself at the Sky Pillar... hope you brought your Mach Bike, you'll need it to get to Rayquaza...

Timbjerr
July 4th, 2004, 02:16 PM
To get to the Sky Pillar, you must go to Pacifidlog town and surf est just a little ways, or you can go to Sootopolis city and surf south then west...when you think about it geographically, you'll end up there if you go to Ever Grande and surf straight west.

The fastest way is to surf east from Pacifidlog Town until you see an opening in the rocks to the north. Of course, in order for Sky Pillar to appear, you have to have beat the Elite 4 once.

bloodsnack
July 4th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I defeated elete four twice.

Simon
July 4th, 2004, 05:46 PM
East and west. Learn your directions people. Sky Pillar is EAST of Pacidlog Town. Surf east from Pacidlog and stay near the top of the Route until you can see a path between the rocks.

bloodsnack
July 4th, 2004, 08:17 PM
You know.... theres this water that's annoying that purposely pushes you to that way <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

and no way you can get to that given way because of that. I have to be on the upper right? and head east of pacifidlog. Right, well let's see I always get carried away and instead I always get passed through it, it's neither there or gone.

P.S. is that where the two swimmers are standing together? and a swimmer that goes up and down

Simon
July 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I hope you know the difference between left and right. To the LEFT of Pacidlog, is the fast water current that leads to the Regis Caverns. To the RIGHT, is where you want to go to get to Sky Pillar. Find the opening in the rocks and whatever. And read the FAQ. It tells you how to get to Rayza.

Either you're a 5 year old or a very, extremely dull person that doesn't know left and right, east and west, up and down, and north and south.

Frosty Edit: Ahem... let's be nice about things. There are some members who are just 10 and just learned the concept of NESW. Plus what about people who failed geography you know? ^^;

bloodsnack
July 4th, 2004, 11:17 PM
I'm more than 5 year old. I'm more likely more than 10 year old even. :cool:
Oh well, I must've misdirected myself now that I found it. I'm now concerned about the cracks, in the 2nd floor, only way I could go to, it kept leading me to the first floor. I tried each one of them, or neither go to the other cracks, won't let me? help here again. Appreciated, thanks. =)

Simon
July 5th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Read the Rayza section of the FAQ. And I wonder who failed geography? *eyes Frosty*

Fayth
July 5th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Hi! Does anybody have any suggestions as to what psychic pokemon I could use for Sapphire?

I've just started all over again (actually, just started a new save file), and so I don't want to use the same pokemon that I used in my other game (Blaziken, Hariyama, Gardevoir, Kyogre, Tropius and Manectric)... I was thinking maybe a Spoink/Grumpig or a Baltoy/Claydol, as I cannot get my Kadabra evolve (computer, no trading). Any suggestions? What's Starmie like in Sapphire?

Oh, and has anybody got any suggestions as to what electric pokemon I can use? I've narrowed it down to either Magenmite/Magneton or Voltorb/Electrode... Have I confused anybody yet? LOL. :D

I'd really appreciate it if I got some feedback.
Ciao!

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 5th, 2004, 04:05 AM
That question isn't simple... it's worthy of a thread if it's welcome for feedback and teamset strategies.

I don't know... Starmie is a good choice if you're up for giving it a lot of TMs.

Before you evolve a Staryu, go and train it to level 46. Then, it should learn enough moves. Then, evolve it, and if you want Confuse Ray, get a Heart Scale and give it to the Move Tutor. That's all the learned moves you're missing. Just Confuse Ray! (That is, if you want it.)

There's some other Pokmon, if you're willing to go get a Claydol...

Master_Zangoose
July 5th, 2004, 07:27 AM
For starters, parson my spelling, I just woke up.

For the phycics, their abilites are,
for grumpig: own tempo, prevents confusion
starmie: Illuminate, encounter rate increases (I'm not sure what that means, I think it means with wild pokemon)
claydol: Levitate, not hit by ground attaks
Their abilities may or may not vary, I'm just saying what I know they can have.

For the electric one I would go with mageton, it's part steel, wich is it's main attraction, so it has a good defense and a decent attack, on the other hand electrode is very fast. And it will get stuff like selfdestruct.

As for abilities, magneton will know either sturdy, or magnet pull. Sturdy negates 1-hit ko attacks, magnet pull prevents switching in battle. Electron will know soundproof, I'm not sure if there are any other abilities he might have instead. But sound proof avoids sound proof moves, in other words, things like growl and supersonic don't affect it.

It's up to you. I usually go with wichever pokemon I like best. I don't worry about the strongest, maybe you do, but I hope I helped even a littel.

Amoblaz
July 5th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Question : Lilycove Musuem

As you might know in lilycove city there is a musuem.
On the second floor there is a man who askes for paintings!

My question is!
How or Where can I find those paintings

Simon
July 5th, 2004, 11:25 AM
You get them by winning Master Rank contests with more than 5 hearts in the scores. After the contest, the artist will show you a painting he made and ask you if he should put it in the museum.

I think you might also have to talk to the artist in side the museum near the entrance inside and the art buyer outside to make it work. Not sure.

Mew9
July 5th, 2004, 12:03 PM
i don't think u have to, i got one in the museum w/o talkin to him.

tonifersangel
July 5th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Is there a way to get to johto and kanto in ruby/sapphire?

Frostweaver
July 5th, 2004, 06:24 PM
nope... RS is Houen exclusive

Kenta-kun
July 7th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Ok, so I'm up to the Master Rank Beauty Contest with my Entei. And I've come in last 4 times in a row. I've noticed that, during the first part (the whole voting part), my pokemon NEVER gets any "hearts" from the audience. What do you hafta do to the pokemon to make the audience like it a lot?

Timbjerr
July 7th, 2004, 12:47 PM
give it pokblocks that raise its stat for the contest (i.e. Beauty, Smartness, Cuteness, Collness, Toughness)

Master_Zangoose
July 8th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I suggest making pokeblocks with kelpsy berries, LOTS and LOTS of kelpsy berries. Hondews should be good too. Make them at lilycove in the contest hall where there are three peoble around that grey machine. And when it's beauty is maxed out talk to the head of the pokemon fan club in slateport. He will give you a blue scarf. Equip your pokemon with it to add an extra boost to it's beauty in contests.

Dark Pokefire
July 9th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Can someone tell me how to do the trainer card?????'

BladeForever
July 9th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Can someone tell me how to do the trainer card?????'

This thread is to ask simple Q's related to Ruby/Sapphire.. but you can go here to request a trainer card.. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10103

~Blade~

Kenta-kun
July 10th, 2004, 03:47 AM
In the status screen, there're 4 shapes above the Pokmon's picture. What do they mean, & does it make a difference if they're highlighted or not?

BladeForever
July 10th, 2004, 05:10 AM
The 4 shapes are just used as a marker.. when it's black that means there are no shapes filled in, and once it's filled in it's white. Anyways like I said it's used as a marker, you decide what to do with them. I for one use it to rate my pokemon, 1 shape meaning the lowest 4 the highest.

~Blade~

Zoke
July 10th, 2004, 02:24 PM
I was just wandering if you can trade between american verson of Ruby/Sapphire with an English version. Because my american version of Ruby doesn't trade with my English PAL region colosseum. I'm not sure if this applies with Ruby/sapphire though. I'm about to go feebas hunting and I don't want to spend all that time trying to catch it, raise it etc realising it is stuck on my American Ruby cart. So I though I would buy a PAL version of Sapphire and maybe I could trade between the two regions would this work? Thanks

flamesplom
July 10th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I was just wondering if someone could give me a list of all of the 69 trainers in the pokenav and where they are.

Frostweaver
July 10th, 2004, 09:50 PM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_trainers_eyes.txt

go to that link, and it'll have absolutely all the information about the trainer's eye ^_^

flamesplom
July 10th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Can someone give me a list of all 69 trainers in the pokenav and where to find them?

Simon
July 10th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Frosty just gave you a list. Use it. No need to ask again.

mewtwo87
July 11th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Where can I find all the information about F/R and L/G? And about how it'll be different from red and blue.

Another question. If you use gameshark to catch a pokemon( make it appear) can it be detected? Is it any different from the same pokemon cought regularly? the code for deoxys dosn't let him appear on colloseum so that leads me to believe that any other pokemon got by that same code base would be different and may be detectable. any other pokemon appears on colloseum.

Simon
July 11th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Deoxys and Mew cannot be uploaded into Colosseum because NoA made Colosseum so that it can detect Deoxys and Mew and block it from being uploaded. You can only upload a Deoxys that was properly obtained through FRLG. IF you hack any other Pokemon, it should be fine. However, if you use a Pokemon Calculator/Maker, make sure the EVs you gave it do not go over the combined total of 510 or the game will know that Pokemon was hacked and not upload it.

Go to FRLG forum for information about it...

Kenta-kun
July 11th, 2004, 12:08 PM
www.serebii.net

Best Pokmon info site that I've seen. I'm pretty sure you can bring over Gameshark pokmon, but it would be better to just wait for fr/lg to get Deoxys & not mess around with gameshark

Frostweaver
July 11th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Deoxys and Mew cannot be uploaded into Colosseum because NoA made Colosseum so that it can detect Deoxys and Mew and block it from being uploaded. You can only upload a Deoxys that was properly obtained through FRLG. IF you hack any other Pokemon, it should be fine. However, if you use a Pokemon Calculator/Maker, make sure the EVs you gave it do not go over the combined total of 510 or the game will know that Pokemon was hacked and not upload it.

Go to FRLG forum for information about it...

actually, I don't think they can detect it if you...

a) shark for them in a game
b) trade it to another game (doesn't have to be FRLG)
c) then connect to col.

Da_Green_Teddy
July 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
What does the move "Tail Glow" do?

Simon
July 11th, 2004, 01:50 PM
It's a Bug type attack that raises Special Attack by 2 stages.

Frostweaver
July 11th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Sadly, it's stuck on the useless Volbeat who needs a lot of luck to be able to baton pass tail glow to a special sweeper. The other one is Smeragle, who is really expected to use baton pass after spore.

gilbertman
July 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM
just a couple Ruby questions

1.where do you get the dragon claw used to evolve seadra in to kingdra?

2. what are the best balls to use for the Regis?

Frostweaver
July 14th, 2004, 11:59 AM
1. It's dragon scale... dragon claw is a TM ^_^; Dragon scale must be stolen from wild horseas and bagons

2. any ball is good... just use false swipe and put it to sleep, and mass whatever ball you got... personally I prefer ultra ball because my item farmers dig them up for free, other wise Pokeball because they cost the least

gilbertman
July 14th, 2004, 12:01 PM
thanks that helps

i guess dragon claw is a TM...my bad

Master_Zangoose
July 14th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Timer balls aren't bad either. That's what I use. I caught my rayquaza with one. Though pokeballs should be fine too.

stewie&rupert
July 14th, 2004, 07:42 PM
in fr/lg wat rod do u need to fish with to get a poliwag?

Simon
July 14th, 2004, 07:47 PM
~Should that be asked in FRLG forum instead?? Unless they don't have a Simple Questions forum. Either way, I don't know. :cheeky: ~

Timbjerr
July 14th, 2004, 08:53 PM
sorry if this has been asked already (I'm too lazy to look through this whole thread), but what prerequisites do you need before you see the blowout sale in the Lilycove Department store rooftop? Other than beating the E4?

Simon
July 14th, 2004, 09:02 PM
~Simply watch their ad on TV. Although I don't think it is absolutely nessesary. :paranoid: ~

Abusoru
July 16th, 2004, 03:25 AM
I'm fishing for Feebas. Does anyone know what happens if I fish the square Feebas is on and I screw up and do not get it on my hook?

Also, what happens if I fish for Feebas and I have to save and turn off the game? Does the location for Feebas change the next time I resume the game?

Hiroshi Sotomura
July 16th, 2004, 03:31 AM
I don't think it's hidden tiles will change until you mix records. It's a random tile as you know. Save for each tile and then fish, if it's right you can always go back.

Abusoru
July 16th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Yes I know the tiles are random. What happens if I fish the correct tile and I don't hook it or if I hook it and accidently kill it? Does its location change? Is that tile still correct and I can try again to catch it? Anyone know?

Simon
July 16th, 2004, 02:07 PM
The Beefas will stay in the same tile. There are 6 tiles they will appear in. If you kill one, it will still appear in that tile, although you could try to try the other 5 tiles as well. But why bother looking for another tile when you're sitting right on top of one?

Toothache
July 16th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah, once you found a Feebas tile, just keep fishing in that one tile. They have fairly high frequency (around 50-60% of encounters) so you can always try again to find them.

Speaking of which, I need to get a Feebas. I would do it now, but I'm out of batteries :-(

SKainuiG
July 16th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Also when you find feebas try to catch a bunch so you have male, female, and feebas that like the blue poke blocks or else you'll have a hard time trying to get a Milotic. Also I noticed that the space you fish is in front of you, not the space you are sitting on. If that was the case, then if you fished on land you'd be fishing in the ground. w00t diglett!

-SKainuiG

Abusoru
July 17th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Thanks everyone. I caught, so far, TWO females and a male. What berry do I use to make a blue pokeblock?

Febbie8
July 17th, 2004, 04:40 AM
for the berries... my friend told me to use pamtre berries instead of the chesto berries i was using :P i think he said that they were better to use somethin like that

for my feebas i havent even evolved it (lazy!) cause im not that good at pokeblocks i just caught like 10 got the highest level (learns flail at lv30 not that youd really want to know) and trained it you might wanna breed it or catch some more incase you mess up theyre not really that hard to find for me :P

pichbob
July 18th, 2004, 02:42 AM
where do you get shuppet in ruby?

Master_Zangoose
July 18th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Look at the top of mount pyre. It might take a while. (Took me AGES!) and try checking area of shuppet on your pokedex, or for any pokemon you've seen.

robs #1
July 18th, 2004, 05:36 PM
does anyone know how to get dig? I found the Regi caves, but i can not get in them.

Simon
July 18th, 2004, 10:09 PM
You get it from the Fossil Guy's little brother in a house to the west of Faladbor Town. Not sure if that's the name of the town but it's the town near the route with the volcanic ashes falling down.