PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or Wii or XBox 360?

Shiny Umbreon
April 6th, 2007, 5:05 PM
Which of these consoles have you gotten/do you plan to get? Post it together with the reason you chose it/them.

I'll get the Wii because:
*Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
*Wii-only games (Twilight Princess, Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokémon BR, Metroid Prime 3, etc.)
*Remote control (It's cool in many games, and it doesn't replace the old-style one in the games that need it)
*Virtual Console

Which one(s) you chose?

Suki
April 7th, 2007, 4:29 AM
I have the Wii already and in the future I plan to get the PS3! Simply because it's got the best graphics out there and is just shiny. However, it's so expensive so I'll just wait til the prices drop.

Jolty-kun
April 7th, 2007, 4:32 AM
PS3 IMO is just a waste of money at the minute.
I'm gonna get a Wii and thats about it.

Ichigo Flash
April 7th, 2007, 4:43 AM
Wii and 360 are gonna lead the market. 360 obviously because of Xbox live and the amazing games.

And Nintendo has its innovation and a loyal fanbase

Sony have been beaten to the punch by Microsoft as the 360 robbed many of its gamers because its cheaper and was out ags before.

Not to mention PS3 doesn't show much promise already and its only just came out.

kohei
April 7th, 2007, 5:09 AM
Was thinking of getting a Wii, but since Gears of War, Lost Planet and The [email protected] is awesome, I've shifted to a 360.

Alakazam17
April 7th, 2007, 5:47 AM
I waited in line at Zellers on November 19th, and I got the 1st one they had. But that wasn't the end: I was forced to get a package deal, with the games Raving Rabbids & Excite Truckz. However, to my surprise, the latter didn't come in on time, so they had to substitute it for TWILIGHT PRINCESS!! I was thrilled. XD

And that's still not the rest of it. I went out to the car, opened the box, and found out that it was empty. Yeah, after paying all that money, EMPTY! They had given me the display box by mistake, but thankfully, it wasn't long before I got the real deal. ^_^

I of course got the Wii for Zelda & Pokemon, my favourite series. Plus, Smash Brothers and Metroid 3 both look awesome, and I plan to pick them up later this year.

Razer302
April 7th, 2007, 5:51 AM
I will probably get all 3 consoles. MY mum will get me the Wii and dad will buy the 360 for himself and I will get the ps3 when the price drops, but im most looking forward to the Wii and ps3.

.Bastion
April 7th, 2007, 7:50 AM
I vote for Wii.

The games that are going to be held on the Wii are just awesome.
Zelda, Super Smash, and Fire Emblem to name a few. The price tag is also much more of an added bonus. Plus by the time I actually get one, the price will probably have dropped.

Cherrim
April 7th, 2007, 7:56 AM
I already own a Wii, so that was obviously my first next-gen choice.

I wouldn't mind getting both the PS3 and XBox 360 in addition, but my first choice at the moment is probably XBox since there are a lot of games for that that really interest me. However, my getting a PS3 kind of banks on whether Blu-Ray or HD-DVD wins out in the end and/or which console Kingdom Hearts III comes out on. XD;

TRIFORCE89
April 7th, 2007, 9:06 AM
I've always been a Nintendo fanboy. I think the total amount of time that I've played a PS1, PS2, Xbox, or 360 is less than an hour.

I love Nintendo's franchises, and I can't get those anywhere else than Nintendo. There have been very few games that interest me on the other platforms. None at all on the Xbox, actually. XD Although, Xbox Lives looks great. As far as Playstation goes it's just FFVII, Katamari, and Kingdom Hearts. That's all I really want to play that the Playstation offers. Not enough for me to purchase a system.

My SuperNES, N64, GCN, GBC, and GBA all have a minimum of 20 games. My DS and Wii will get there eventually. I don't regret purchasing any of them. Upwards of 20 games, some platforms in the 40s. Buying a Playstation for five games doesn't seem logical to me.

Persona
April 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I prefer the Wii, except it has nothing to do with the fact that it's cheaper than the other two consoles. Although the Wii doesn't have the computing power to provide the effective graphics of the PS3 or 360, but it's not like it's moving back to Atari. Besides, it has something more impressive, its motion-sensitive controller. The Wii is the closest thing to to virtual reality we have. However, I'm a more interested by its potential. The interactivity given by the Wii Remote should remind any game maker that changing our identities, not following a story, is what really attracts gamers to those 'shiny boxes'.

marshmello
April 7th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Wii by miles and miles, you know why?:
so fun and exciting
it gets you avtive
it gives you excercise
you arn't just excersising your thumbs
got plenty of games for your family!

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I want Nintendo Wii :)
The best games and best console

Lil-Dill
April 7th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Im getting a Wii and X-Box 360. I really want the Wii cause of the kool games and for the X-box Im getting it because of GH2 and Halo3(sickest game ever).

Esupio
April 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I own a Wii

Why?

Its nintendo, I trust nintendo with my games, and I'm a fan of their franchises, plus the innoviation of the controllers is awesome, and I generally love nintendo

I want a 360.

why?

Better online service, despite having to pay for it, I would rather pay then have to enter a code for every game, for every person I want to play online, also most of the games on the 360 appeal to me alot more then the current line up of wii titles. GRAW and GRAW 2 <3

Arcanine
April 7th, 2007, 1:02 PM
PSWii60 all the way (1250 dollars wasted on just consoles.... or will be wasted). Right now my brother has a 360, we both own the Wii, and by the end of the year (maybe the start of the new year) I'll have a PS3.
I got my reasons for getting all three consoles. The Wii is clear, if I had to pick one it'd be Nintendo's console. The 360 does have more then a few good games on it. And the PS3 does have games like Final Fantasy, Tekken, Kingdom Hearts (maybe...), and some others I want.
So blowing tons and tons of money on gaming is pretty clear for me. XD

Pikabloo
April 7th, 2007, 4:48 PM
I currently own a Wii, and I have always wanted one since it came out.

But me and my brother are willing to pitch in money to get a PS3 in the future. My brother really wanted an Xbox360 at first, but he said he wouldn't mind getting a PS3 as well. So I said we should wait before we get one. But if I hear about Kingdom Hearts III coming out only on the PS3, I'll definitely be getting it xD

Jack O'Neill
April 7th, 2007, 5:27 PM
I have plans to acquire a Wii and an Xbox 360, but given my current economic situation that won't be happening for quite some time. All things considered, however, I'm leaning more towards the 360; Gears of War, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and the upcoming Halo 3 just appeal to me more than Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

The PlayStation 3 just isn't worth the US$600 investment in my opinion. The only good PS3-exclusive games that come to mind are Resistance: Fall of Man and the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots; all the other good games for the PS3 are already available for the 360 and Wii. The PS3's Blu-Ray feature might be its only redeeming quality, seeing as it's a fraction of the price of a dedicated Blu-Ray player; the cons still outweigh the pros for the most part, however.

Shiny Umbreon
April 7th, 2007, 6:27 PM
Apart from the things I mentioned, the PS3 costs too much, so the Wii would be the best choice in terms of economy.

Sparks
April 7th, 2007, 6:38 PM
Don't own any, and only plan on getting a Wii and a PS3 sometime next year. *360=fail* The ONLY reason I'm getting a Wii is for Brawl and BR; I've played TP at a friend's house and I hate every single thing about it. A complete failure of a game.

I've always been a nintendo supporter at heart, but I fell in love with Devil May Cry 1 and have loved each of the entries in the series to date. I don't see why people hate DMC2, I found no problems with it. That series one of the reasons I'm getting a PS3, Devil May Cry 4 F. T. W.

Canthinkofaname
April 7th, 2007, 6:57 PM
Wii is the best IMO. i love the controler and all of the games. they are the best, namely SSBB, Twilight Princess, Prince of Persia, Super Mario Galaxy, and others i cant name right now

Kenny_C.002
April 7th, 2007, 7:25 PM
Is [email protected] even coming out here? I am highly doubting it, when Galaxy Angel isn't going to come out here...

Anyway, I'll probably roll PSWii myself, depending on my economic status...

Mario The World Champion
April 7th, 2007, 7:27 PM
I plan on getting all three next gen systems eventually, but I do plan on getting at least one of them before 2007 is out.

I want to get my hands on the Xbox 360 Elite first because Forza Motorsport 2 is coming out soon and Halo 3 will be out by the end of the year.

I'll go after the PS3 when Gran Theft Auto IV is released. And I better get a copy of that game before Jack Thompson tries anything.

I will get the Wii also, all because Manhunt 2 will be on the Wii also and Jackie will try to get that game banned also.

DarkDoom3000
April 8th, 2007, 4:33 AM
wii's cool...but PS3 is a definite winner, its so clear, i dont know why people are complaing about its price tag, $1200NZD, the ps2 was $1000NZD...

anyway, bluray,sixaxis,cell,lair,tekken6,ffxiii,MGS4,DMC4,Resistance,motorstorm
hevenly sowrd, jak 5, RAC 5, socom 4, killzone

so much awesome games!!!im saving up...once i get a job!,wrk for 3 months and ill get enough munny!

Esupio
April 8th, 2007, 6:22 AM
Don't own any, and only plan on getting a Wii and a PS3 sometime next year. *360=fail* The ONLY reason I'm getting a Wii is for Brawl and BR; I've played TP at a friend's house and I hate every single thing about it. A complete failure of a game.

I've always been a nintendo supporter at heart, but I fell in love with Devil May Cry 1 and have loved each of the entries in the series to date. I don't see why people hate DMC2, I found no problems with it. That series one of the reasons I'm getting a PS3, Devil May Cry 4 F. T. W.

DMC 4 is gunna be on the 360, so is GTA IV, so I don't see why people are going 'PS3 for DMC 4 and GTA IV' (not just here all over the internet)

and FF(insertnumberhere) is bound to end up multiplatform.

Why I see the PS3 as a failure:

A bad Controller: It lacks rumble, sony thinks its 'last gen' but, so is the D-pad thats really old, from like 4 gens ago, so I can't see why sony are saying it, plus the Tilt sensing has been called 'rubbish' by Sega, and other companies, Sony claimed it gave you 'six degrees of freedom' but come on, compared to the Wii's accelrometers (sp) its nothing really, I mean the GBA had tilt sensing.

Blu-ray: Sony are trying to do what they did with the DVD in the PS2, but they haven't done it well, I mean, HD DVD will have more titles, because most HD DVD players are MUCH cheaper then Blu-Ray players, and the cheapest Blu-ray player at the moment is the PS3, and when the blu-ray players prices start to drop, people who want to watch blu-ray films, won't go 'well the PS3 is cheaper then the others'

Games: The PS3 is losing exclusives, DMC 4 started off as a PS3 exclusive, and then it they say 'We're putting this game on the 360' The launch games for the PS3 we're terrible, okay Resistance wasn't that bad, but had mixed reviews. Motorstorm, has had average reviews, I mean, it doesn't have Splitscreen multiplayer, it only had a couple tracks. Also it doesn't have full backwards compatability, sure the 360 doesn't, but the Wii does, and not just GC games, theres the virtual console (I know its not full, but theres games that aren't even from nintendo consoles on it)

Price: Its just too much for a games console £425 plus if you want it to look its best, your gunna need a HD TV aren't ya, and one of those will set you back pretty far as well.

Shiny Umbreon
April 8th, 2007, 8:30 AM
wii's cool...but PS3 is a definite winner, its so clear, i dont know why people are complaing about its price tag, $1200NZD, the ps2 was $1000NZD...

anyway, bluray,sixaxis,cell,lair,tekken6,ffxiii,MGS4,DMC4,Resistance,motorstorm
hevenly sowrd, jak 5, RAC 5, socom 4, killzone

so much awesome games!!!im saving up...once i get a job!,wrk for 3 months and ill get enough munny!

Yeah, but Wii has Wi-Fi, Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, Metroid, Remote Control, Smash Bros Brawl, Virtual Console and blablabla. I prefer these(but I'll miss Tekken)

Kyosuke
April 9th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I like all 3 of them.. if I could afford a Wii and a PS3 I would.

I have an Xbox 360, and thats because I won it in a contest so I guess I prefer that over the Wii and the PS3, but like I said all 3 of the next gen consoles has something about them that I like.

Shiny Umbreon
April 10th, 2007, 7:47 PM
I like all 3 of them.. if I could afford a Wii and a PS3 I would.

I have an Xbox 360, and thats because I won it in a contest so I guess I prefer that over the Wii and the PS3, but like I said all 3 of the next gen consoles has something about them that I like.

What does PS3 has that the others don't, apart from PS3-exclusive games and an additional $250?

Pokéflute
April 10th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Wii because you get to create your own "Mii" and use it in some games. Also because Nintendo is my favorite company and I grew up with it.

Phanima
April 11th, 2007, 1:39 AM
I used to be a solid Nintendo buff, and in some sense, I still am. I will always be loyal to the Nintendo 64 and the GameBoy Advance, but as for the Wii, I don't think so. It's one of those consoles where it's great...if your friends' own it.

Well, anyway, after I started playing DOA, I immediately shifted to the XBOX, since Itagaki ditched the PS2 for Microsoft's machine. And since Team Ninja are continuing to make DOA for XBOX and the 360, I'll stick with them. Of course, there's also Halo 3, Gears of War, and Lost Planet. And also, after buying Rare from Nintendo, the 360 should be expecting Banjo Kazooie and Conker to make their appearances in their own next gen games as well. So that's something to look forward too.

The PS3 does look good though, but I've never really supported Sony at all, and I have no intentions of owning the console unless two things happen. First, DOA moves back to PlayStation, or, well, someone gives me a PS3 for free. ^^

Destiny Hero - Dogma
April 11th, 2007, 7:36 PM
I would have to go for Nintendo Wii, me and my brothers grew up with it too :)

_Prince_
April 11th, 2007, 9:40 PM
I have the wii, I have no plans on getting the other 2 consoles.

omarfr
April 12th, 2007, 4:39 PM
Currently I have a 360 and a Wii. I hope to get a PS3 but I very much doubt that because of the price :(

Kyosuke
April 12th, 2007, 5:05 PM
What does PS3 has that the others don't, apart from PS3-exclusive games and an additional $250?

Ugh.. I'm not even going to bother give any reasons if you can't even see anything for yourself.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 14th, 2007, 4:40 AM
I like the wii more because I'm a huge Nintendo fan and the wii seems more creative then the Xbox 360 and Ps3

4000! POST YAY

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Hero of Time Link³
April 14th, 2007, 10:44 PM
has anyone forgotten Square Enix is giving the Wii KH3 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Shiny Umbreon
April 18th, 2007, 1:10 PM
PS3 Defenders, tell me what does the PS3 has different than another previous console? (Apart from graphics)

The Triumvirate
April 18th, 2007, 5:37 PM
I'm a neutral bastard.

The Wii is astonishing. Such a unique new concept for a video game console! Best ways to take advantage of it is playing Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, or Rayman Raving Rabbids! I can't get enough of the Wii! Just shows how incredible Nintendo can be!

The Xbox 360 doesn't have TOO many great games, judging by how long it's been around, but it's got a good share. Dead Rising, Gears of War, Smackdown Vs RAW '07, some good stuff. And more to come in the future. But it's real highlight is Xbox Live. It's got the greatest online capabilities so far. Oh man, and the Xbox Live Aracde is awesome! You get to play old-school arcade games with others online and the list of games keeps getting better! Another great console.

The PS3. Quite expensive, no doubt about that. But, hey, it happens. Games seem to be getting more expensive over time. Maybe the current price is a bit rash, but the console itself does look lovelyon the screen, which Sony seems to be focused on the most. Does seem silly but I'm not gonna lose hope for Sony. It holds wonderful companies that I've grown to love. Incog Inc. (creators of Twisted Metal 1, 2, Black, and Head-On), Naughty Dog (Crash 1-3, Jak 1-X), and Insomniac Games (Spyro 1-3, Ratchet & Clank 1-4) are great examples. So I'm gonna keep my hopes up for Sony to make a big comeback. I'm sure I'll get a PS3 eventually.

Ixa-chan
April 19th, 2007, 5:41 AM
I vote Wii..

I like the nintendo games better than the other consoles.

peirateis
April 19th, 2007, 8:44 AM
I REALLY wanna get a Wii, but in the future I'm gonna be forced to get a PS3. D:

Curses unto Konami for sticking with Sony for MGS4... >>;;

Esupio
April 21st, 2007, 4:56 AM
PS3 Defenders, tell me what does the PS3 has different than another previous console? (Apart from graphics)
I'm no PS3 defender, but its obvious

Blu-ray.

Pretty Boy Sean
April 25th, 2007, 9:27 AM
I have all three consoles. :D

MiSsInG nO
April 26th, 2007, 11:13 AM
why would you want to buy a XBOX360(they are horrible{and you have to pay to play online}) they have good graphics right now but they will be so far outdated in like a year by the ps3 so just buy a Wii which is a fun gaming console (i have it i know and i love it) and wait for the PS3 to drop in price. the XBOX does have so good xbox exclusive games on it like lost planet and halo (so maybe you should get one after you get a ps3 like in a year just for those games) cause the ps3 is brilliant blu-ray is whooping hddvds but right now in sales and so many more film companies endorse Blu-ray its not even funny. so buy a Wii first they are fun and cheap. then save money for a ps3. then maybe you should get a xbox360 but if you buy a ps3 first you will forget you even wanted a xbox360

Esupio
April 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
why would you want to buy a XBOX360(they are horrible{and you have to pay to play online}) they have good graphics right now but they will be so far outdated in like a year by the ps3 so just buy a Wii which is a fun gaming console (i have it i know and i love it) and wait for the PS3 to drop in price. the XBOX does have so good xbox exclusive games on it like lost planet and halo (so maybe you should get one after you get a ps3 like in a year just for those games) cause the ps3 is brilliant blu-ray is whooping hddvds but right now in sales and so many more film companies endorse Blu-ray its not even funny. so buy a Wii first they are fun and cheap. then save money for a ps3. then maybe you should get a xbox360 but if you buy a ps3 first you will forget you even wanted a xbox360

Sony aren't planning price cuts of the PS3, so you might be waiting a while.

So what if you have to pay for online, the service is much better then the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, and the Playstation Network, plus your getting a lot more, including demo's for games, Live arcade games, if people dislike paying for the online services, how come so many people use Xbox Live, its the same with WoW, people pay to play it

Blu-ray isn't such a huge succsess, yes its doing well, but Sony have but all there hopes into this format, it hasn't done what the PS2 did to the DVD. Sony are having to sack people to make up for the failure of the PS3, Kutagari has retired, and the sales are really quite low, In Five days Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have sold over one million copies (in the US alone) and in several months the ps3 has almost sold 3 million (Worldwide, you can't really call that a success, and if you put the amount of copies Diamond and pearl have sold in Japan as well, I'm sure you will have alot more then the amount of PS3's sold.

Ichiro Miyamoto
April 28th, 2007, 11:15 AM
The Wii

I've tried out the PS3 and the games seem too clunky. Plus, there is basically one great game out for the machine right now. The 360 is decent, but with hardware failures, system crashes and overheating, it brings it down. The only problem I have with the Wii when I've played it is it is a bit confusing to control the games.

spike6958
April 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
i got a wii and a 360 and i may get a ps3 for ff13 and kingdom hearts3

and FF(insertnumberhere) is bound to end up multiplatform.

actuly ff11 was a trial to see if ff could be pulled of on the 360 but square enix decided that it can't and so the main FF's are going to continue to be playstation only

has anyone forgotten Square Enix is giving the Wii KH3 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

the wii isn't getting KH3 the closeset thing to that was a game called mushroom kingdom hearts which was later confirmed to be an april fools joke

Shiny Umbreon
May 2nd, 2007, 5:06 PM
I want to get my Wii, but many games I want aren't still out yet. Does anybody know the release dates of Mario Galaxy, Pokémon BR, Metroid Prime 3 or Smash Bros. Brawl?

If not, maybe I'll wait for the games and for the price to drop.

Rivvon
May 2nd, 2007, 5:24 PM
The Wii is my favorite. I own one, and it was definently worth it. And with the NiGHTS sequel coming out soon (UBER-SQUEE!!) it'll just add another great, can't-miss-out title to the many that the Wii has already cooked up.

Although the XBox 360 and PS3 are plenty good, too. The 360 has XBox Live, and you can't really beat that when it comes to online gaming. And the PS3's graphics are just amazing. Even the Sony bashers would be stupid not to admit to that.

Like many others, I plan to get the PS3 once the prices go down. I'm really only waiting for FINAL FANTASY XIII as of now, and Ninja Gaiden.

Soujiro
May 3rd, 2007, 6:45 AM
I have a 360 and I love it...even though I only have one game for it XD Gear Of War alone makes the 360 worth it. I've played other games that my brother has for it like Prey, Lost Planet, and Call Of Duty 3. They're awesome too. Anyways, I plan on getting a PS3 at the end of the year...unless Metal Gear Solid 4 gets pushed back. Then I'll buy it next year or something. Whenever MGS4 gets released, I'm buying a PS3. Revolution? Dont make me laugh...

TRIFORCE89
May 3rd, 2007, 6:42 PM
Well, MGS5 might not be on the PS3. :p

Kojima is impressed with the Wii (why'd you call it Revolution? Where have you been for the past year? O_o). He has said that MGS4 will be released on the PS3 because they're so far into development. But, he doesn't think the PS3 is profitable. He may port it over to the 360.

Blu-Ray is impressive. However, it would costa fortune for a developer to produce a game that would actually make use of the technology. So much room on the disc, not enough time or money to fill it up. Not worth the expendture. Also, he doesn't feel that the amount of people with a PS3 is strong enough to continue developing major titles (Sqaure feels the same. Final Fantasy is staying simply because it'd embarassing for them to bring it back to Nintendo after leaving them. But Kingdom Hearts is probably going to end up somewhere else.)

Soujiro
May 5th, 2007, 6:56 PM
If there even IS an MGS5! :O (How can there? Snake is old! And didnt Kojima say something about this being the last? maybe I'm just making up things...)

I dont believe in 'wii' >>

Esupio
May 7th, 2007, 1:58 AM
I dont believe in 'wii' >>

So what happens when you walk into a shop and see a Wii Box, or a wii display do you shout: 'IT DOESN'T EXSIST, I REFUSE TO BELEIVE IT'

yaminokaitou
May 8th, 2007, 1:49 PM
I like the upcoming library for the Wii better than the PS3 and 360, and I've always liked Nintendo products better, so the Wii was an obvious choice for me.

I've played the PS3 and it's okay, but it's nothing special. Other than the updated graphics it's not really any different.
There are some impressive games coming out for it, but not impressive enough for me to want to pay 600+ for a system and who knows how much for the games.

The 360...well, I've never been a big Microsoft fan and I'm not into Halo or games like it, so I have absolutely no interest in the 360.

Wii may not be as graphically enhanced as the 360 or PS3, but it's got a better library, better franchises, and a Nintendo VC. Microsoft and PS3 may have a VC too, but they don't offer the exclusive to Nintendo VC games I'm interested in.

flight
May 8th, 2007, 1:59 PM
Needless to say, really, I put everything on the Wii. The games coming out for it are like, uber pwnage and it would be a total loss without it. It's a good thing that I am getting it sometime soon, though.

JBassFox
May 9th, 2007, 12:47 AM
I'd definitely say the Wii, just because of how interactive the system is. However, XBox 360 did come quite close for me. Gotta love the Halo series, and not to mention Guitar Hero is now out for the 360, which makes it just that much more amazing.

Kenny_C.002
May 11th, 2007, 8:08 AM
Upcoming Wii library (NA)
Shrek the Third
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's end
Surf's Up
Mario Party 8
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Tamagotchi Party On!
SD Gundam: Scad Hammers
Chicken Shoot
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Scarface: The World Is Yours
The Sims 2: Pets
Fantastic 4: Rise of Silver Surfer
Escape from Bug Island
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Transformers: The Game
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Pokemon Battle Revolution
The BIGS
Cosmic Family

I've bolded what could potentially be the better of the library. Nothing really all that special so far. The Japanese line up didn't really add to this either. The only real 2 games to look forward to outside of this line are SSBB and Metroid Prime 3.

PS3 Lineup
MLB 07: The Show
Surf's Up
Vampire Rain
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
The BIGS
The Darkness
Ratatouille
Lair
All-Pro Football 2K8
Madden NFL 08
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Theseis
NBA Live 08
Grand Theft Auto IV
Beautiful Katamari
Two Worlds: Temptation

The Japanese line up adds only Ninja Gaiden to this list. All in all, I can't see PS3 being the big winner as of yet. However, if you compare the lineup between the PS3 and the Wii, you will notice a heck of a lot of "duplicates". Not exactly a good sign for the Wii. MGS 4 is the big one coming up later.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Gold)
Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia
Shrek the Third
Surf's Up
WarTech: Senko no Ronde
Forza Motorsport 2
Shadowrun
Call of Juarez
Hour of Victory
DiRT
Transformers: The Game (Collector's edition)
The BIGS
The Darkness
Overlord
Ratatouille
Two Worlds

I have not heard of any of the exclusives in here like at all. The Japanese library adds Trusty Bell to the line up, and potentially Bullet Witch. Otherwise, it seems like it's all the cross platform games, or games that I don't have a good judgement of until release. Halo 3 is the big one later on.

In terms of the game library expansion, it looks like the Wii has the slight advantage at the moment. However, if you take into account for the fact that Nintendo's consumer base has nothing to do with the PS3/360 consumer base, you'll notice that most of the games I've highlighted from there are really for casual gamers (with the exception of RE4). It looks like Capcom is heading in for some cash milking with the Wii, potentially similar to ubisoft's cashing in.

Esupio
May 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM
GTA is coming out on the 360 as well.

Bioshock, Fable 2, Tom Clancy: End War, Too Human, Halo 3

PS3 has Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet.

Wii has Galaxy, Brawl, Mp:3, Umbrella Chronicles, MySims,

Soujiro
May 14th, 2007, 6:39 PM
So what happens when you walk into a shop and see a Wii Box, or a wii display do you shout: 'IT DOESN'T EXSIST, I REFUSE TO BELEIVE IT'

I just say something like "'Wii' izz deh suxorzzz! It's Revolution!"

Morkula
May 14th, 2007, 8:53 PM
*isn't even going to respond to such idiocy as Soujiro's remarks*

Honestly, the PS3 and Wii aren't really worth it right now. They both have a handful of decent games and that's it. And yes, I have a Wii. There's TP (which is available on the Gamecube), Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center, Wii Sports, and a bunch of minigames and crappy last-gen ports. PS3 has Resistance and Oblivion (which is on the 360). Neither one have a decent online service, although I'd give the edge to the PS3.

The 360 is probably the console most worth buying right now. It has the best online service (even if you have to pay for it) and it's had a year ahead of the other two consoles to get a decent game library together. Still, there's not much there that I want to really try, aside from Oblivion and Viva Pinata.

Once they all get an established game library and the PS3/360 get a price cut, I'll probably wind up owning all three. But right now, the PS3 and 360 neither one really justifies the price for me, at least. The Wii's a bit better, but I'm still a bit disappointed. Of course, that'll change once the big titles like SMG and SSBB come out.

Ichigo Flash
May 15th, 2007, 9:31 AM
I personally own a Wii and prefer it, it caters to what I WANT from it and not what anyone else or my friends want from it. As amazing as the 360s online capabilities are, I can't see myself playing GoW with my friends as its really not my sorta game.

Generally, I'd say the 360 has the upperhand as someone previously said, its had longer to build up a strong gaming library and stole half of Sony's customers because they took too long and dropped a huge price tag on it which for the younger market isn't going to work as people generally can't afford it unless they work or get a nice amount of money for Xmas or their birthday.

However the PS3 does have blu-ray and SOME good home titles so, it all depends on personal preference at the end of the day.

DarkDragonite12
May 15th, 2007, 9:38 AM
I already own a 360 and I'm glad I do. Gears of War Online is all a 360 owner needs.

But I do want a Wii only for Brawl and PBR(Pokemon Battle Revolution), but for now the 360 is good enough for me.

Kenny_C.002
May 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM
GTA is coming out on the 360 as well.

Bioshock, Fable 2, Tom Clancy: End War, Too Human, Halo 3

PS3 has Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet.

Wii has Galaxy, Brawl, Mp:3, Umbrella Chronicles, MySims,

Yeah, the Gamefaqs release list doesn't list the unconfirmed times. Thanks for the additions. ;)

Soujiro
May 15th, 2007, 2:15 PM
*isn't even going to respond to such idiocy as Soujiro's remarks*

Aw, whats wrong with me calling it Revolution?

I already own a 360 and I'm glad I do. Gears of War Online is all a 360 owner needs

Damn straight. Gears Of War is the only game I have for the 360, and I'm in love. I dont even plan on getting another 360 game until around the end of the year. There's this new game called Time Shift and it looks super awesome.

What's your gamertag? I wanna beat the crap out of you in some GoW XD

Timbjerr
May 15th, 2007, 9:34 PM
First choice is easily the Wii (like you would expect any other console to win in a poll on a Pokémon-themed forum), for Nintendo's first-party titles, and the many other interesting games guaranteed to come out on it b ecause of the new and innovative control scheme.

Xbox 360 comes in second for its pure power and it is guaranteed to get more support than the PS3 (for the simple fact that it is consistently selling more than the PS3, and devs want to support a system that has more owners...simple business sense.)

PS3...everything Sony could have done wrong...was done. Insane price (justified by power that barely edges out the 360 and a Blu-Ray drive that'll be pretty much worthless in a couple of years.), poor launch, loss of support that just keeps growing, scrapping of rumble features for a cheap imitation of the Wii's motion sensing, and poor marketing.

Happy Dude
May 16th, 2007, 9:30 PM
Got a Wii Because the 360 barley has any new features at all and the PS3 is over priced.

DragronWarroir2000x
May 17th, 2007, 6:43 AM
lol I'm not getting any of them. Does that make me a horrible person?

Esupio
May 19th, 2007, 12:20 AM
lol I'm not getting any of them. Does that make me a horrible person?

No, just someone who won't be playing many console games for the next few years/

Jim
May 28th, 2007, 5:39 AM
I have a Wii right now and it rules! The only downside I can see is current lack of good games! (Super Fruitfall, what the hell?) I MAY buy a 360 because of its price reduction and it's pretty good Game pool.

Shiny Umbreon
May 28th, 2007, 7:37 PM
I have a Wii right now and it rules! The only downside I can see is current lack of good games! (Super Fruitfall, what the hell?) I MAY buy a 360 because of its price reduction and it's pretty good Game pool.

Well, it has lots of very good coming games, like Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros. Brawl.

Esupio
May 30th, 2007, 3:54 AM
Well, it has lots of very good coming games, like Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Smash Bros. Brawl.

Also:
Mario Strikers Charged Football (I own it, its awesome and online).
Pokemon Battle Revolution (Will be online as well.)
Project Hammer.
Disaster Day of Crisis.
Battalion Wars: 2 (Also to feature online, set to be release september acording to nintendo power)

Shiny Umbreon
June 7th, 2007, 5:14 PM
Pokemon Battle Revolution (Will be online as well.)

Well, this and D/P was the best thing Nintendo could do. They made sure every Pokémon fan in the world (or almost every) bought a Wii and a DS. Really Nintendo knew how to please us.

Klonoa
June 7th, 2007, 6:31 PM
I have a Wii and a PS3, I a more of a Nintendo fan the PS3 is really my step-dads... but I love a lot of the Wii games, the on;y PS3 game I am playing (and addicted) to right now is the Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Piplup_WazUp
June 10th, 2007, 7:44 PM
I already have a Wii and I plan to get a PS3 when it's better to buy.

Hero of Time Link³
June 10th, 2007, 10:26 PM
why hasn't anyone mentioned Guitar Hero 3 which is confirmed for Wii and Xbox 360 i'm not sure about PS3 and Need For Speed:ProStreet which is probably going to be a good game!

Ftkatyowser
June 11th, 2007, 8:15 AM
I'm a Nintendo girl all the way, and I will remain loyal. I plan on getting the Wii sometime. And the PS3 when the prices drop.

Shiny Umbreon
June 13th, 2007, 1:24 PM
And the PS3 when the prices drop.

It won't for a while. That's one of the main causes I'm buying the Wii.

wmoor0826
June 13th, 2007, 2:41 PM
It won't for a while. That's one of the main causes I'm buying the Wii.

Actually the PS3's prices r going down very soon due to bad sells but, they are gonna use a much cheaper processing chip, which will result in worse performance. But I'm gonna have to buy it for KH3.

Saud-Blaziken
June 13th, 2007, 3:17 PM
i love the wii its awesome all the moving thing and stuff anyway its kind of rare.

The Real AAA
June 13th, 2007, 8:44 PM
I have a Nintendo Wii and really like and heres my reasons:

cool remote

wifi

*Pokemon Battle Revolution* <--- I want to pre-order it

and alot of other cool stuff!

I don't plan to get another console cause the Wii has been fun so far so I'm sticking with that system

Timbjerr
June 15th, 2007, 9:46 PM
Just bought a Wii the other day. It was the first time in seven months that I saw one sitting on a store shelf, so I jumped at the oppurtunity. I also picked up Twilight Princess...cool game as far as I know, but I'm only just past the first dungeon.

Sr E
June 17th, 2007, 6:26 AM
I have a Wii and a PS3. There haven't been many Wii games out in the past few months that I'd like, so I'm waiting for the holiday season when all the good stuff will be out. I only have two games for PS3, because most have been crap, and they cost too much. Then again, 360 games cost the same, and I want one of those too.

Billwaa
June 20th, 2007, 1:49 PM
PS3, since people say Xbox explode for some reason. And Wii just look weird. The way you play it I mean. I like sony product. Haven't fail me once.

Shiny Umbreon
June 24th, 2007, 7:22 AM
PS3, since people say Xbox explode for some reason. And Wii just look weird. The way you play it I mean. I like sony product. Haven't fail me once.

I instead consider Sony doesn't have something new to offer. It's the same thing (or almost) while Nintendo has the Wii Remote. This opens more than twice more ways of playing that we had seen before, and it's DS counterpart, the stylus, does so, too. You can't whack-a-mole in PS3 for sure, while you can still play 'normal' things in the Wii.

Wynd92
June 24th, 2007, 7:38 AM
I have a wii and it rocks!

411Break
June 26th, 2007, 3:55 PM
360 all the way! The wii has horrible graphics. Who cares if it is cheap.

donavannj
June 26th, 2007, 5:46 PM
I have the Wii and the 360 right now. Wii was my family's B-Day gift for my dad, while my dad won the 360 for free. I'll buy a PS3 if/when the price drops. The PS3 is like a discount BlueRay Player (Those usually run upwards of $1000), with a video game console built in.

IPanda
June 26th, 2007, 5:55 PM
Wii= Great graphics, Great games, You get active, and wi-fi. Oh, miis too ;)

シーツー
June 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Wii, because I collect Nintendo consoles for years and it has got a new gameplay. And I also think, graphic isn´t all. PS3 is too expensive and what should I do with stuff, that I don´t need? And XBox360 hasn´t got the games, that interests me.
Wii ftw^^

diamondpearl876
June 27th, 2007, 5:22 AM
I don't have any of those. I saw my uncles playing PS3 once and it looked like nothing great.

If I were to get any though, I'd pick Wii since I have every other console Nintendo made.

Shiny Umbreon
June 27th, 2007, 6:48 AM
360 all the way! The wii has horrible graphics. Who cares if it is cheap.

Graphics aren't everything. It's gameplay what counts in a game. Nintendo has made revolutionary ideas for gameplay (Touch Screen/Wiimote). The rest keeps being the same thing.

buizel6
June 27th, 2007, 6:52 AM
I'd have to vote for the 360, because of halo3, gears of war, and it is a very good system graphic-wise, and of course for its gameplay. It was a tough decision between the Wii and 360

PokemonRox
June 27th, 2007, 6:52 AM
I ordered the wii on the internet yesterday and i will get it on friday... i mostly wanted the wii because of pokemon battle revolution.... so i would definetley pick the wii

typeZERO
June 27th, 2007, 9:58 AM
I've got Wii and 360 , but I'll never EVER get PS3. 360 is gonna have all of sony's PS3 games anyways.

Shiny Umbreon
June 28th, 2007, 4:26 PM
I ordered the wii on the internet yesterday and i will get it on friday... i mostly wanted the wii because of pokemon battle revolution.... so i would definetley pick the wii

It seems absurd, but I've done that too (at least with the GBC, GBA and DS) Well, the DS has some very good games, but almost all the games I have for the GBC and GBA are Pokémon games.

Quick`
June 30th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Im planning to get PS3 and Xbox 360. Already have Wii:)

Shiny Umbreon
July 4th, 2007, 1:16 PM
I don't know, but it's kind of a waste of money to buy all three. They are from the same generations, so they have many common games. And, except for the Wii, they are played almost the same.

Rebellious Treecko
July 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I'm going with the Wii, I love that thing. :)
It's the most original thing in gaming since the NES. :P

ds69703
July 6th, 2007, 2:33 PM
I already own an Xbox 360 full system

I'll get the Wii and PS3 at Christmas

I might also consider getting The Xbox 360 Elite

shinygold fan
July 10th, 2007, 6:37 AM
Still, there's not much there that I want to really try, aside from Oblivion and Viva Pinata.

heh im with you oblivion is a great game

but yea i dont have any only got a low poor ps2 but id probaly go with the 360 and/or wii

Shiny Umbreon
July 14th, 2007, 6:33 PM
You can get Oblivion on the 360, too. It's much cheaper than a PS3.

Shadow0faBandit
July 15th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Xbox 360 has great games. Wii is just plain fun, no matter what game your playing and the PS3 is too expensive and dies alot.

Youji
July 15th, 2007, 3:39 AM
I have a WII because I'm playing on NINTENDO since I was young. Also the WII has my favourite games.
- Metroid Prime 3 (German release: 26.10.2007) Yeahh.
- Pokémon BR (German release: December 2007) I wish you a merry christmas.
- Mario Party 8 (German release: I think it was 6.7.2007)
- Super Mario Galaxy (German release: 2008) .:sad:.
- Suoper Smash Bors. Brawl
- And much more.

I've got:
- Nintendo Wii (Bought: February 2007)
- TLOZ - TLP (Zelda) My frist Wii game. (Bought April 2007) I had to play Wii sports more than one month. But I have Metroid Prime 2 and so it wasn't boring as I thoight to wait to get a new game.
- DBZ - BT 2 (Draginball Z) 1 Week after Zelda.

What I want to buy the next months.
-All games which are written at the top of this post.

Chompah :x
July 15th, 2007, 3:43 AM
I don't plan to get a Wii because i'm not allowed.
But if i could choose i would get a Wii over the other options.
Mainly because it has PBR but it also has the touch-sensitive controllers.

Youji
July 15th, 2007, 3:47 AM
I don't plan to get a Wii because i'm not allowed.
But if i could choose i would get a Wii over the other options.
Mainly because it has PBR but it also has the touch-sensitive controllers.

Why don't you get one? Oh man. Do your parents think it's too expansive? You have my compassion. But try to get your parents to buy one. I weren't allowed to buy one last year. But after talking to them 7 times they said. If you have your money to buy one than do it. I sold my NGC and P XD Metroid Prime 1 and a second controller. Try to get one. IT's really great to play with it.

Esupio
July 15th, 2007, 8:27 AM
Xbox 360 has great games. Wii is just plain fun, no matter what game your playing and the PS3 is too expensive and dies alot.

Most of this is true.

Apart from the PS3 dying alot.
The system may crash, all systems crash occasionally, but the 360 has a much higher 'dying' rate, you've probably heard the ring of fire expression, relating to the three red lights, I think the percent of consoles dying and needing replacing is 5%.

bribri121212
July 15th, 2007, 9:33 AM
my favorite in the future is going to be
1. ps3
2. wii
3. xbox 360

but until the ps3 releases all the games that are due wii is my first, then ps3 with 360 last

Gregora
July 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM
As for me, I would go with either the PS3 or the Wii. 360 tends to have critical system errors too many times for my liking. PS3 is the only other system that has Oblivion on it. Though the Wii is more original in game play, tho.

Deathtolight
July 17th, 2007, 5:12 PM
sorry but im a diehard Playstation fan, im sticking with ps3. the games that are comming out later on in the year are ones that im looking foward to

Shiny Umbreon
August 5th, 2007, 9:17 AM
I have a Wii finally. Too bad I only have Zelda and Pokémon. I'll have some more games by Christmas.

Faiylen
August 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I have a PS3, because I'm not one of those people who followed the original PlayStation and then the PlayStation 2 only to move onto the Xbox because it's all 'new', and stuff.

There are some things that only the PlayStation 3 can handle. Sure it lost a load of it's intial exclusives, but there's all these companies, including Rockstar, who are making some new games for the PS3 only, because they are confident that when the price drops fairly considerably, it will be the gaming system of choice.

First, graphics. Say what you want on this. Go ahead and say the Wii isn't about graphics. That's obvious. See, the Xbox 360 might, for the time being, boast slightly better graphics, but come on, these are the PS3's first generation of games. The 360 had worse graphics when that first came out. Wait until the 2nd or 3rd generation of games for PlayStation 3, they will be a lot better. Even now, however, the graphics are better on a lot of games. Take Oblivion for example. The graphics are a considerable amount better on PS3, even if you do install the patch on the Xbox 360. Games like Need for Speed Carbon, it's launch games, aren't going to have better graphics, are they?

Next, the games. The amount of exclusives is rising again for the PlayStation 3, and like I said, this is the 1st generation of games for it. It's going to be a long time before it has as much games as the Xbox 360 does, but think about how long there was in between each being released. Now the Wii, that doesn't even get the same games, it has special games made for it. For example, instead of making Resident Evil 5 for it, they make a whole different game, one that the Wii can cope with.

Third, features. The PlayStation 3 already has everything you need for brilliant gaming, and it still has more to come for it in the next few months alone, among them Home, a possible Xbox Live contender. And you might say the Wii has all this stuff like news and being able to check the weather and what not, but it's not hard for me to open up the PS3 web browser and go on to Yahoo! News now, is it?

Lastly, stability. The PS3 just doesn't do that thing the Xbox 360 does where it just dies right after the warranty runs out. Sony didn't rush to get their system out before the others, like Microsoft did, and that's why it doesn't break. It's big and heavy, yeah, but once it's set up and by the television, you're not going to worry about how 'heavy it is', are you?

I'm not a fanboy, I don't dislike the Wii and the Xbox 360 (trust me, if I did, I'd have said so), although I agree with all those who believe that the PS3 will be the market leader within the next five years.

Dr.Stiles
August 5th, 2007, 11:08 AM
id go for the wii im a huge nintendo fan :) but i havent been able to get one yet :(

hoperidesalone
August 5th, 2007, 11:12 AM
i won a ps3 on a radio contest =D it's quite good! my wii doesn't get much play anymore because i got bored..
and i don't own a 360.

Apathetic_Yen
August 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I'm a die hard Sony fan (don't flame me!!!) so my vote goes there. I also like the Wii and am glad that nintendo is finally making it back. Xbox is cool but it doesn't appeal to me as much as the others.

MasterJ
August 5th, 2007, 1:00 PM
I've been playing the X360 for a pretty long time at the local LAN gaming store. I enjoy it a lot (not just for the graphics). I also love the fact that both Guitar Hero III (my most favorite video game series) and Rock Band (definitely going to be awesome) are going to be on it ^^ But I would love to have the Wii. As for the PS3, it's just completely over-rated. Same graphics as the X360, bigger price tag.